Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack

I've been watching old episodes on YouTube. This show scared the shit out of me as a kid!!

Who remembers the Rain Boy episode? I watched this with my grandmother when I was in third grade. She must have been babysitting. Anyway, I remember specific quotes from the episode, like "I can make it rain." And a lot of details came back as I was watching. I remember having a long talk after the show with my grandmother before bed because I was so unsettled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2022 11:21 AM

Already a thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 11:27 PM

Thanks r1!

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote] Anyway, I remember specific quotes from the episode, like "I can make it rain."

So he’s like Storm? Was it true?

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 11:46 PM

The new podcast is more faithful to the old series. It’s actually really good. There will be a Season 2 soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 11:50 PM

Even the music brings back nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 11:53 PM

Wasn’t there a reboot on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 11:54 PM

Yes, but each of the episodes are an hour long.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 11:58 PM

Basically one hour-long episode is on one subject/case.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 12:00 AM

How is that different than the old show? It used to be only half an hour?

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 12:01 AM

I remember watching one of the old episodes on live TV when I was home alone. It was about a missing woman, & the man who presumably killed her decided to dress as a woman & go visit a travel agent, I guess as some sort of alibi (?) The reenactment freaked me out & gave me the heebie-Jeebies. I’ve seen the Netflix reboot & liked it; the one about the Ghosts from the Japanese tsunami really freaked me out.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 12:04 AM

No, the old show featured multiple subjects during each episode. It was usually 2-3 different cases or topics. It came on Sunday nights at 8 (I think) and made going to bed afterwards creepy. By today’s standards it’s pretty bland.

The old episodes feature some great 80s mullets and fashions when they do interviews.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 12:10 AM

Robert Stack was perfect for this show

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 9:41 PM

Is he hosting the reboot too?

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 10:08 PM

Yes r13 .... it's the ultimate unsolved mystery.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 10:09 PM

Good. I can’t imagine anyone else hosting. I’ll check it out.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 10:11 PM

r14 was a joke, r15.

Stack died in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 10:11 PM

Doesn’t mean he can’t still host.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 10:44 PM

They include a shadowy image of Robert Stack in the intro of the new show as a homage to his memory, I imagine. He definitely contributed to its success and eeriness. The theme song still gives me chills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 10:47 PM

I liked the one about a woman and her boyfriend watching the show and he came on as wanted. He hauled ass out of there and the girlfriend called the cops. He was caught.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 10:49 PM

His voice was so scary to me. His voice paired with the chilling theme music scared the shit out of me as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2022 11:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!