Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dumb Bitch Takes Selfie While She’s About To Die

Sadly...she lived.

Residents along the banks of the Rideau River were credited for thinking fast after they used a kayak to save a driver whose vehicle went through the ice in Manotick on Sunday afternoon.

Ottawa paramedics also went to the scene, but said the lone occupant of the vehicle did not want to be assessed, and police said the driver was not injured.

“Thankfully no injuries and an amazing job by local residents saving the driver by using a kayak and quick safe thinking,” Ottawa police tweeted.

As she stood on the back window of her car waiting for assistance, she was composed enough to take a smiling selfie. Before help arrived, the car had sunk to the point that just a portion of the roof was showing. She was able to climb on to the kayak and be pulled to the river’s edge.

Police said the driver was charged with one count of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 8:01 AM

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 8:50 PM

I wonder if she was thinking "I wonder how many likes this will get?"

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 8:51 PM

She’s pretty close to the shore.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Remember this next time you threaten that "if X is elected president, I'm moving to Canada!"

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 8:53 PM

Would have been a different story if those good samaritans weren’t close by. Even if she only got when she’d be dead. What a dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 9:01 PM

*only got wet

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Gee thanks for rescuing me. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 9:06 PM

My firm represented the victim of a crash where the other driver was trying to get to over 100 MPH to post to social media. She left the man a paraplegic for life. From the crash scene she posted a selfie of her pouty faced self laying on a stretcher captioned “lucky to be alive”. There are a lot of sociopaths in that age group.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 9:26 PM

Yes, you can drive on ice, if the ice is thick enough. But no one in their right mind takes a chance on driving on a frozen river. The fact that water is constantly moving under the ice makes the ice thinner and more prone to breaking. You might get away with it on a very wide, slow-moving river way up north, but something as narrow as this - no.

Dying trapped in a car under ice is a terrifying death, and it doesn't come quickly.

They should've dunked this dumb bitch under, then pulled her out, just to teach her a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]There are a lot of sociopaths in that age group.

There are a lot of sociopaths in every age group. Social media is just another avenue for them to showcase it.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 9:55 PM

She's a little bit Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 10:27 PM

[quote]My firm represented the victim of a crash where the other driver was trying to get to over 100 MPH to post to social media. She left the man a paraplegic for life. From the crash scene she posted a selfie of her pouty faced self laying on a stretcher captioned “lucky to be alive”. There are a lot of sociopaths in that age group.

Can you give us any more info, R8. Did your client win?

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 10:31 PM

I'd like to see how much her auto insurance increases.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 11:10 PM

Ah, another malignant narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 11:35 PM

JFC. This idiot could have killed those kids skating on the ice.

Those houses that back on to Rideau are worth a fortune btw.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 11:45 PM

She's legally obligated to get that car out of the river asap, and will have to pay to have it done herself. Her insurance won't pay it.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 11:46 PM

Good, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 11:47 PM

'I'm comin', bud!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 1:11 AM

[Quote]She's legally obligated to get that car out of the river asap, and will have to pay to have it done herself. Her insurance won't pay it.

As satisfying as this sounds, why won't the insurance she paid for cover the costs? Do you have intimate knowledge of her policy the rest of us don't? Oh, Swami...

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 5:53 AM

[quote]There are a lot of sociopaths in every age group. Social media is just another avenue for them to showcase it.

This is undeniably true and it's kind of odd that people on DL don't realize it. I mean, our entire forum has been taken over by the mentally ill who vary in age, gender and other criteria, and yet some people are still saying things like "I've seen two people in this age group do dangerous things for social media, the problem is with the age group itself."

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 8:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!