Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Free Advice!

This is the free advice thread. Ask your questions, and get some answers.

All are welcome.

Let’s jump right in…

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 12:13 AM

OP you should have signed your thread Dear Abby.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 8:35 PM

I will be in NYC in April and again in the summer.

I want to see some shows but I don’t have a preference. I’m open as I have seen all the shows that are on my list.

But I don’t want to pay two hundred dollars for a ticket. How can I get a good deal on a ticket, especially if I’m not that picky about which show.

But I am picky about which seat. This is where I need the advice most.

I want a. GOOD seat but don’t want to pay an arm and a leg.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 8:37 PM

What will happen if I put Pop Rocks up my bum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 8:39 PM

R1 this of this as a modern Dear Abby that’s been updated for the times at hand. And it doesn’t have to be personal life or romantic advice. Not about etiquette. Although all those topics are welcome.

Just any problems/questions you had or have always had.

Let’s get some answers.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 8:39 PM

I can hear spasmodically a soft tapping noise underneath my floorboards in a corner of the house.

It's near the waterpipe. It's not a 'water hammer' because the tapping occurs when no one is using water.

An earthing wire is attached to the metal pipe.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 8:39 PM

Why don’t a lot of cars have license plates anymore? This is something I’ve been wondering for the last 3-5 years or so, but now it’s everywhere.

Anyone work for the DMV?

It’s not just old beaters but even luxury cars, trucks, vans…

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 8:41 PM

I’m looking forward to answers for r5. I have a similar issue.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 8:42 PM

[quote] I can hear spasmodically a soft tapping noise underneath my floorboards in a corner of the house.

Hot water entering cold pipes causes them to expand along their length—as much as ¾ of an inch over 50 feet—and that can cause a clicking sound as they slide against metal hangers or shift the fins that dissipate heat inside baseboard convectors. Either that or your house is haunted.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 8:43 PM

Has anyone ever had low levels of Vitamin C? Did you have any symptoms?

(I’m skeptical of multivitamins and have other questions related to vitamins if there are any experts in house.)

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 8:45 PM

R8, would that be the case for a louder, banging noise as well?

Just starts banging for about 5 minutes and then stops. Not sure if it’s around a water pipe but it is near an air vent. Not sure if that’s related.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote] Has anyone ever had low levels of Vitamin C?

Start eating oranges.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 8:47 PM

^ actually it’s an air duct not vent

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 8:47 PM

What should I do for the rest of my life? I'm 62 and no one will hire me.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 8:52 PM

They’ll hire u

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 9:01 PM

R13, what have you done for a living? Two things I thought of are substitute teaching or delivery work.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Are there any opportunities to consult or do independent contracting in your field?

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 9:03 PM

R8 But I can hear the tapping noise when no water is moving through the pipes.

The water is cold water coming directly from the city mains. The water pipe enters my house through the basement wall (just below my bedroom) and travels under the house to the water tank at the back of the house.

This hot water tank is heated by electricity from 6pm to 12pm. But I imagine this heating would happen at the back of the house and be happening silently and consistently over these hours.

The other possibility is a rat or another animal but the tapping sounds so regular.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 9:04 PM

R15 thanks for asking. I've worked in entertainment management. I was freelancing steadily until covid. I thought I had transferable skills but there are lots of people who do those things professionally. I sent 15 resumes out 2 weeks ago and had one interview. Now silence.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2022 9:05 PM

Don't make love by the garden gate

cause love is blind, but the neighbors ain't.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2022 9:15 PM

R18 this happens to people of all ages. Blame hiring software.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2022 9:18 PM

To keep your asshole supple apply vitamin e daily

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2022 9:23 PM

What can I do about the Daddy-Long-Legs which infest the ceilings of every room in my house?

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2022 9:43 PM

[quote] What can I do about the Daddy-Long-Legs which infest the ceilings of every room in my house?

Invite Lionel Ritchie over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2022 10:19 PM

It itches. Should I scratch it?

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote] It itches. Should I scratch it?

Actually no you shouldn't, put some cream on it, even better if it is some type of anti-itch cream.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2022 11:04 PM

Every thread on DL offers free advice!

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2022 11:33 PM

Is there a way to charge for it R26?

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2022 11:37 PM

Hey, work your own side of the street, this is my gig...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 12:03 AM

Does this smell funny to you?

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 12:04 AM

Oh just forget it. You’re all a bunch of fuddy-duddies.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 12:12 AM

Sleep juicy

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!