Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you noticed an uptick of crazy people in your area?

I'm not talking the Karens and the Rogue Cops and all the other assorted crazies we read about here on Datalounge.

I'm talking locally.

Because I am seeing (and hearing) a lot more crazy people, everywhere I go.

Screaming, and swearing, and acting out in places where they never used to be.

It just seems like the pandemic has really set off people who already suffered from mental illness, as well as adding more to the ranks.

I'm actually getting scared.

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2022 8:30 PM

Are you including DataLounge?

Then yes. Yes I have.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 5:51 PM

I’m usually the crazy person referred to by others

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 5:53 PM

Yes !! Especially in big cities . People are going mad

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 5:54 PM

OP you sure do make up a lot of stupid threads. Perhaps this "crazy uptick" is you.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 5:54 PM

[Quote]It just seems like the pandemic has really set off people who already suffered from mental illness, as well as adding more to the ranks.

Yes. People aren't receiving their regular services and care anymore. Their routines have been disrupted. Also, people who should be in shelters or jails are out on the streets. It's making the crazy resurface in these people.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 5:54 PM

All the mouth-breathing hillbillies on the roads in my area seem like they are trying to kill people. Even more so than usual, that is. They REALLY hate having Joe Biden as President.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 5:55 PM

Yes.. a lot of these institutions are releasing people 1 because of Covid and the strain that has on workers and 2 because of government support. They don’t have enough money so they say to house these individuals.

Another factor is homelessness has risen two fold because of this pandemic and people are flipping out because of it.

It’s a sad situation all the way round not to mention the every day citizen just snapping because of it all.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 5:56 PM

Yes. Trump and his administration gave them all permission to come out of the woodwork. And social media let them all know that they were not alone, and that they were now an acceptable tribe.

The animals are now running the zoo.

Hyperbole? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 5:58 PM

Yup. My small college down gets a lot of homeless and mentally ill people dumped here. Social service agencies take the government money and don't do anything with it except pay their salaries. Tents everywhere. Almost every pedestrian walking alone is babbling to himself/herself.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 6:01 PM

OP, where are you?

I'm in Los Angeles, West Hollywood proper and we definitely are having issues...our City Council wants to turn West Hollywood into the new Amsterdam. We already have too many pot shops and now we are going to have more of those plus lounges. There is a criminal element associated with them and they also attracts homeless/mentally ill - it's destroying our once beautiful city. Just greed for more tax money.....a real shame.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 6:04 PM

Not really! But I live in LA.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 6:06 PM

The newest variation of crystal meth apparently drives users insane.

That could be a contributing factor.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 6:06 PM

My sister-in-law called me a whore because I ate a whole can of Leseur peas.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 6:14 PM

The Western Hemisphere should never have done away with asylums, rather made them much better and more humane, and given them much more funding and transparent auditing/accounting. The problem wasn’t with the concept, but with the execution (and resultant abuses).

There is also such a thing as compassionate euthanasia for someone who has no hope of possibly living a healthy life in this world.

This ‘absolutely everyone must live as long as possible and all together’ ethos just doesn’t work for cohesion and function in a civilisation (clue is in the name). That ideal only works in fiction, like the musical HAIR.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 6:30 PM

NYC has had an uptick in CrAzy people. Perhaps its more apparent because the city is less crowded. I walked by Penn Station on a warm fall day-it looked like skid row. Everyone was drunk or high and strewn everywhere. One woman was drinking a 4 Loco with her boobs hanging out. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 6:31 PM

Yes, the opioid epidemic, scarcity of mental health resources, and fraying social safety net are making our streets resemble The Walking Dead a little bit more every day. It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 6:33 PM

I am in Canada, and it’s happening in my city too. Can’t blame Trump or a fraying social safety net.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote] One woman was drinking a 4 Loco with her boobs hanging out.

I always drink 4 Loco with my boobs hanging out!

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote]One woman was drinking a 4 Loco with her boobs hanging out.

You certain she wasn't a Santacon holdover?

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2022 6:36 PM

Palm Springs. Drugs and alcohol and homelessness. Too many people fighting over what’s left of the crumbs from billionaires. Thinking about getting a gun.

The destruction of the middle class and the great disparity between rich and poor shouldn’t continue. You’re seeing the end product when I go to LA with miles of tents in one part and $10mm+ houses just half an hour away.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2022 6:40 PM

We all go a little mad sometime.

Haven't you?

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2022 6:41 PM

I was with you until you got onto euthanasia, R14. Dial it back.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2022 6:43 PM

R22 by implication. the complete sentence you cite only advocates for euthanasia for the small percentile of the worst and most helpless cases, I.e. people who are essentially terminally-rabid, and cannot be ever healed or have their condition in any way improved by medicine or healthcare or lifestyle.

These cases are few, but sadly do exist. Were this a policy, of course it would have to be enacted as a last resort and with a high degree of checks & balances, more exclusive than the death penalty for instance.

Where is the sense and humanity in keeping someone totally deranged and frothing at the mouth, who has no hope of recovery and has exhausted every treatment avenue, trapped in a life & body they can’t ever use or appreciate or control? Coma cases have the plug pulled on them sometimes—what is the difference?

The argument is about quality and fullness of life, rather than merely extending it artificially with no consideration for context.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2022 7:05 PM

That's not your choice. And it could be abused.

And also, it's almost exactly the same argument the Nazis used against "useless eaters." Sorry to invoke Godwin's Law, but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2022 7:30 PM

R24 then what about people who are maimed, disabled or fatally attacked by mental patients roaming the streets? What about their right to life? Where then is their choice to continue existing in freedom from pain and in health?

Back at Xmas, there was a news story posted here about a woman waiting in a subway station pushed in front of a train to her death by a random assailant, who was later apprehended and found to be insane. How was anyone in that scenario protected or helped by civil law?

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2022 7:39 PM

I’m observing lots more crazy and evil, OP. I think of the fuckers who push people in front of the train in the subway as I write this. The scum who takes an innocent life this way should be shot on site.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2022 7:45 PM

Side effect from being vaccinated every other week?

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2022 7:51 PM

R22, R14 is a certifiable nut. Just read through HER previous posts. Euthanasia? Where/when the fuck us she??? Germany 1939???

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2022 8:22 PM

Wouldn't that be something if a side effect of catching Covid was it makes you fucking nuts or more so if you were already?

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2022 8:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!