Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doctor Jill Biden says she is healing the nation

You gotta admit, at least she’s her biggest fan. - LAS VEGAS (AP) — Her husband campaigned to help unite the country, but Jill Biden says “healing” a nation wounded by a deadly pandemic, natural and other disasters and deep political polarization is among her chief roles as first lady, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2022 9:44 AM

Wrapping up a year in which she saw herself as a key member of President Joe Biden’s team, the first lady told The Associated Press that she found herself taking on a role that “I didn’t kind of expect, which was like a healing role, because we’ve faced so much as a nation.”

Jill Biden spoke sitting in the sunshine near a swimming pool at a Las Vegas hotel a day after she and the president comforted families in Louisville, Colorado, where a huge swath of homes burned to the ground in a late December wildfire. She hugged people as they stood in front of the charred ruins of their lives and later offered public condolences for dogs and other pets killed in the blaze. Such trips offer increasingly rare opportunities for the White House to step out of the partisan gridlock that defines Washington. For the most part, Jill Biden isn’t caught up in the capital’s frenzy, giving her the chance instead to serve as something of an ambassador between her husband’s administration and communities across the country, regardless of their political leanings.

Her visits to Colorado and to see victims of a deadly Christmas parade crash in Waukesha, Wisconsin, and a trip last Friday to tornado-ravaged areas of Kentucky are a “prime example” of the responsibility she feels, she said. It’s what she would want as a regular person who survived a natural disaster or other tragedy.

“I would want to know that my president and first lady cared about me,” Biden said. “I think that’s an important part of what I do. I mean, just helping people through the tough times.”

Biden, 70, has experienced her share of tough times.

She and Joe Biden wed less than five years after his first wife and infant daughter were killed in a 1972 automobile crash, and at age 26 she became a mother to his two surviving young sons. In 2015, the couple buried one of those boys, Beau, after he died of brain cancer at age 46.

The first lady has lost several close friends to breast cancer, and empathized with the people in Colorado because her own home in Delaware once caught fire after a lightning strike.

“I know the tough things that we’ve been through in our life and I know the, how much the acts of kindness have meant to me and to Joe,” Biden said. “So I just know what a difference it makes when you show up. I think showing up is really important.”

She showed up in a lot of places in the year past, traveling in the middle of a pandemic at a pace that far exceeded the president’s — all while continuing her other full-time job: as an English and writing professor at Northern Virginia Community College. She has taught there since 2009. (Cont)

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 4:01 PM

Even if she did absolutely nothing this past year, that's still more than The Previous Cunt did in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 4:02 PM

Biden is the first first lady to continue her career — she’s a lifelong teacher — and hold a paying job outside the White House.

The New Jersey-born, Pennsylvania-raised first lady spent the past year dropping in at schools, COVID-19 vaccination sites, military bases, Native American reservations and other locations in 35 states. That includes a dozen mostly Southern states that did not vote for her husband for president. By contrast, he touched down in 24 states, excluding trips home to Delaware.

“The pandemic really did not constrain her a great deal and she was able to move forward and do all of these things: teach and advocate for people to get vaccinated and make some visits to military installations and cancer centers,” said Myra Gutin, a professor at Rider University who writes about first ladies. “That’s pretty major.”

At vaccination sites, Jill Biden encouraged people to get protected and held hands with both grown-ups and kids getting their jabs. At schools, she toured classrooms and spoke with students about writing in journals to help them cope during the pandemic. At military bases, she thanked military spouses and other family members for sacrificing alongside their loved ones in uniform.

On the policy front, Joining Forces, the first lady’s White House initiative to support military families, and the National Security Council last year announced a first round of administration commitments to help military spouses with employment, child care and other matters.

But she suffered a policy defeat when the president dropped a proposal for tuition-free community college — something she has spent years advocating for — from a sweeping social welfare and climate change bill after some key Democratic senators objected to the size of the package.

Other presidents’ wives also have played the role of national healer. Katherine Jellison, a history professor at Ohio University who studies first ladies, recalled the actions of Lucy Webb Hayes after the Civil War and during Reconstruction.

Hayes, wife of President Rutherford B. Hayes, showcased American plants and wildlife, “something that Americans from all regions could get behind,” by having them depicted on White House china, Jellison said. Hayes also invited representatives from states that were on opposite sides of the Civil War to social events.

“She worked hard to unify the country in a variety of interesting ways,” Jellison said.

Besides her role as healer, Jill Biden also fulfilled the traditional first lady function of representing the United States abroad.

She flew off on one solo foreign trip, to Tokyo to root for U.S. athletes at the delayed 2020 Olympic Games. She also accompanied the president on overseas trips to England and Rome.

Her husband’s inauguration, coming after his two earlier failed attempts at the presidency, “just took my breath away,” Jill Biden recalled.

For her, the White House “is a magical place.” When she wakes up, she thinks, “Wow, look where I am.” But she also feels there’s a lot of work to do in the country and, because of that, she can’t “get my coffee and sit in bed and watch the news.”

“I’ve always said that if I were ever given this platform I would never waste it. Not one day,” the first lady said. “That’s why when I wake every day I think, ’What can I do today? ... What am I doing? Where am I going? What’s the strategy? What’s the plan?’”

Her plans for 2022 include keeping her focus on education, military families and doing more work promoting cancer research. She will continue to teach.

“But then I want to layer some other things on,” Jill Biden added, describing her desire to bring art and artists to the White House and her hope that the pandemic will recede enough to allow the White House to reopen to tourists and more socializing.

“It’s going to be an exciting year. It’s got to be a better year with the pandemic,” the first lady said. “I mean everybody, I think everybody across this country is saying, ‘C’mon, it’s got to be a better year.’”

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 4:03 PM

What do you have against Jill, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 4:04 PM

I get serious Marianne Williamson vibes off of Jill Biden.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 4:06 PM

Why is Melania your comparison R2? It’s a given she was a do nothing like her husband. But Jill Biden’s narcissism leaves a lot to desire. And roll your eyes at. She’s been there for a year. What has SHE done so far except self promote and attempt to frame her part time community college teaching job like it’s a distinguished professorship at Oxford?

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 4:09 PM

Also, won't someone please shit in my mouth already???

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 4:10 PM

Best best,Jill.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 4:11 PM

LOL...."I'm healing the nation"...uhhhhh "Doctor" Jill you have a doctorate in Education, girl. Calm down, sis

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 4:14 PM

Aww R7, so triggered aren’t ya, Helen? Get your old ass off a gay mens discussion forum if you’re so gentle to the touch with your political sycophancy. Twat.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote] I get serious Marianne Williamson vibes off of Jill Biden.

To me they seem like complete opposites. Dr. J is a Philly girl, they tend to be blunt, pragmatic, and happy to get their hands dirty, but bad at talking about feelings. Marianne is a manicured hippy who spends her time in the realm of the senses.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 4:16 PM

The reality is that Jill would be happy to take her earrings out and have a fistfight with the Trump morons in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 4:17 PM

OP/r6 is also the OP of the **Virginia Giuffre, the woman suing Prince Andrew - Has there been any scrutiny of her allegations at all?** thread:

[quote]Not saying I doubt her, and I only half follow this whole story. But I also wonder about the possibility that maybe this man didn't do what she claims. Is it possible? I hear so much about him but I've not heard any specific details of her situation. She signed a settlement with Jeffrey Epstein and she had years to go after Andrew. Are her allegations just that, or does anyone know what actual evidence she has, aside from a photo with him? Sometimes I wonder if some people accused of sexual abuse/harassment might, in fact, be innocent or at least innocent in the ways the abuse is claimed because we rarely hear about hard evidence, just supposition that eventually becomes guilt by default. Go ahead bitches, have at me. But it's a serious question.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 4:18 PM

The new wave of DL anger trolls, I’m convinced are mostly straight women over 55. Mostly over 60. The types who live in every city and make every neighborhood and city council meeting miserable with their social politics.

It’s no rare phenomenon that one can support a politician/president like Joe Biden while also admitting that his wife is a real piece of work. I think she latched onto him like Velcro and has exploited his position every way she could. She even takes credit for fully raising his boys, and in interviews I’ve seen her never as much as mention the late wife and mother. I think she’s sociopathic.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 4:20 PM

Aww R13 look at you learning how to stalk like a real troll! Good for you cunt. Wanna dig up some of your gems? I bet you’ve been quite the shit stirrer. Shall we find out ?

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 4:22 PM

[quote]I think she’s sociopathic.

Projecting much r14? Who is also r15, r6 and OP. Feel free, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote]I get serious Marianne Williamson vibes off of Jill Biden

And guess who got a big story in the NY Times yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 4:25 PM

She's actually fulfilling the weird skirt-wearing matriarch archetype the backward nation demands of every First Lady. And still they complain. I could almost respect hyperpartisan devilment if they were any good at it, but they keep putting out trolling that doesn't inflame. She's doing the job as the fairy tale dictates.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2022 4:28 PM

[quote] Doctor Jill Biden says she is healing the nation

If that's what you want to call it

U.S. Political Party Preferences Shifted Greatly During 2021

from a nine-percentage-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter to a rare five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] You gotta admit, at least she’s her biggest fan. - LAS VEGAS (AP) — Her husband campaigned to help unite the country, but Jill Biden says “healing” a nation wounded by a deadly pandemic, natural and other disasters and deep political polarization is among her chief roles as first lady, too.

[quote] Virginia Giuffre, the woman suing Prince Andrew - Has there been any scrutiny of her allegations at all? Not saying I doubt her, and I only half follow this whole story. But I also wonder about the possibility that maybe this man didn't do what she claims. Is it possible? I hear so much about him but I've not heard any specific details of her situation. She signed a settlement with Jeffrey Epstein and she had years to go after Andrew. Are her allegations just that, or does anyone know what actual evidence she has, aside from a photo with him? Sometimes I wonder if some people accused of sexual abuse/harassment might, in fact, be innocent or at least innocent in the ways the abuse is claimed because we rarely hear about hard evidence, just supposition that eventually becomes guilt by default. Go ahead bitches, have at me. But it's a serious question.

[quote] That hussy singer who appeared on Celebrity Apprentice comes for Oscar and Grammy Award-winning legend Barbra Streisand Will the blatant, smug racism of black celebrities ever be called out the way it is with whites? Listen to her. Listen to the interviewer. You can’t deny it.

[quote] That hussy singer who appeared on Celebrity Apprentice comes for Oscar and Grammy Award-winning legend Barbra Streisand Miss Dionne! Miss Dionne! I need a new baff room wid some bling on the faucet thangs and my tuerlet is sinkin in the floor cause that shit is rotted the fuck out. Can you come hook me up?!?

[quote] That hussy singer who appeared on Celebrity Apprentice comes for Oscar and Grammy Award-winning legend Barbra Streisand The post at R32 DEMANDS we have a "Let's Be Dionne Warwick's Archetexuall Design Studio" !!

[quote] That hussy singer who appeared on Celebrity Apprentice comes for Oscar and Grammy Award-winning legend Barbra Streisand Who, and why is there an incessant DL troll always having to ignite the "black people did it first/did it better" trope? Why is this necessary?

[quote] Trump trashes Biden and his handling of Afghanistan at a NYC Fire-station today, 9/11/21 He’s right.

[quote] Have you ever been with a Native American? When I lived in New York, loads of latin guys would try to pass themselves off as Native or "Italian". It was funny and sad at the same time. But finding gay Native American men is akin to finding a leprechaun with a hairy chest and big dick. They're almost a legend.

[quote] "King Richard," the new Will Smith Oscar bid He WILL receive an OSCAR, or you're all racists! RACISTS!! And there will be BLACK HELL TO PAY!

[quote] "King Richard," the new Will Smith Oscar bid From Wikipedia's synopsis of the film. Jesus, does anything match the intensity of self importance that American black celebrities suffer from? Did Serena write this, or did Venus?

[quote] Brian Cox Calls Johnny Depp “Overblown” and “Overrated” WHO? I’m not searching but I’m guessing he’s another cunty Brit. I’m so sick of the deluge of Brit trolls and posts on Datalounge. They’re all such horrible, self righteous cockroaches.

[quote] Is Taylor Swift the most money hungry celebrity around? OP is the SAME white-hating black queen who initiates these types of threads constantly. Note OP’s list of “the greatest female singers in the pantheon”.. Beyoncé? And then she adds “maybe Adele”. I have no doubt the OP is the same troll who’s constantly race baiting with the “basic yellow/white person” bullshit threads. Spray it with grease and fire.

[quote] 50 cent trolls Madonna Her son looks like a complete asshole. Acts like one too.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2022 4:35 PM

WhAT hAS jILL BiDEn dOne?

Well, let's see. Her big 3 interests are education, military families, and cancer treatment. Despite having an actual teaching job, Biden revived the Joining Forces military family support program (which she started with Michelle Obama and which Melania Trump completely abandoned). She toured community colleges across the country in 2021 to support the free community colleges provisions in the AFP. She's working with Miguel Cardona (Ed Sec) to craft a plan for reforming schools from pre-k up. She toured hospitals and medical clinics to push vaccines. She's been to multiple Native reservations to push improvement of access to cancer treatments there. All of this during a pandemic.

But, gee, other than all THAT, WhAT hAS sHe dOne?

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2022 4:35 PM

[quote] 50 cent trolls Madonna 50 only took a shot because she's a white woman. Anybody who thinks he'd ever snark Beyonce over one of her absurd photos, or any other black woman for that matter needs their head checked. It's cool to kick the old gal when everybody else is doing it, isn't it? Yeah, she's become odd and kooky. And I don't think she's the nicest person. So the fuck what? I don't get the burning, white-hot hatred for Madonna simply for being addicted to social media and having dared to become old(er) and still overly sexualized. And yet, Steven Tyler, Jagger, even outrageous men like Karl Lagerfeld have never been mocked for the way they carry themselves while way over the age of 60. Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi still dress like they're 25. Paul McCartney is just as thirsty and attention seeking as Madonna, only he doesn't promote himself via social media as much. Where's the snark for them? Why do the guys escape it while Madge has become hated, mostly by the same demographic she stood up for back in the 80s and 90s? I don't get that.

[quote] Pete and Chasten at the Kennedy Awards The constant posing and self marketing by these two, the silly documentary and Pete's increasing high-browed, faux Harvard'esque way of talking, as if he's constantly trying to school people... it's all become too much and has turned me off both of them. They're just exhausting at this point.

[quote] Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax Trial - Part 2 Okay, I’ve been bouncing between Fox and CNN since both are pretty good at breaking news…. And Fox has a hot little piece report from the courthouse, Matt Finn. Toned body, pretty face, TIGHT blue shirt… daddy like. I may have to start popping by Fox for news more often. Maybe it’s a okay to get more gay viewers? I need to go 9 inches deep into Matt Finn.

[quote] AOC says it's 'actually delusional' to think Democrats can get re-elected without acting on student debt I often wonder, if you took AOC's brain, and combined it with Beyonce's brain, would you at least achieve the intellect of a 6th grader? Or, maybe not?

[quote] Aww [R13] look at you learning how to stalk like a real troll! Good for you cunt. Wanna dig up some of your gems? I bet you’ve been quite the shit stirrer. Shall we find out ?

[quote] Brian Cox Calls Johnny Depp “Overblown” and “Overrated” WHO? I’m not searching but I’m guessing he’s another cunty Brit. I’m so sick of the deluge of Brit trolls and posts on Datalounge. They’re all such horrible, self righteous cockroaches.

[quote] Is Taylor Swift the most money hungry celebrity around? OP is the SAME white-hating black queen who initiates these types of threads constantly. Note OP’s list of “the greatest female singers in the pantheon”.. Beyoncé? And then she adds “maybe Adele”. I have no doubt the OP is the same troll who’s constantly race baiting with the “basic yellow/white person” bullshit threads. Spray it with grease and fire.

[quote] Gun charges dismissed by judge in Kyle Rittenhouse trial!! Can we all at least agree to F&F R84 / R93? That shit's uncalled for. Please F&F the rabid, violent troll who doesn't know how to maintain herself during a discussion and instead tells people to kill themselves.

[quote] 50 cent trolls Madonna Her son looks like a complete asshole. Acts like one too.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote] 50 cent trolls Madonna 50 only took a shot because she's a white woman. Anybody who thinks he'd ever snark Beyonce over one of her absurd photos, or any other black woman for that matter needs their head checked. It's cool to kick the old gal when everybody else is doing it, isn't it? Yeah, she's become odd and kooky. And I don't think she's the nicest person. So the fuck what? I don't get the burning, white-hot hatred for Madonna simply for being addicted to social media and having dared to become old(er) and still overly sexualized. And yet, Steven Tyler, Jagger, even outrageous men like Karl Lagerfeld have never been mocked for the way they carry themselves while way over the age of 60. Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi still dress like they're 25. Paul McCartney is just as thirsty and attention seeking as Madonna, only he doesn't promote himself via social media as much. Where's the snark for them? Why do the guys escape it while Madge has become hated, mostly by the same demographic she stood up for back in the 80s and 90s? I don't get that.

[quote] Pete and Chasten at the Kennedy Awards The constant posing and self marketing by these two, the silly documentary and Pete's increasing high-browed, faux Harvard'esque way of talking, as if he's constantly trying to school people... it's all become too much and has turned me off both of them. They're just exhausting at this point.

[quote] Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax Trial - Part 2 Okay, I’ve been bouncing between Fox and CNN since both are pretty good at breaking news…. And Fox has a hot little piece report from the courthouse, Matt Finn. Toned body, pretty face, TIGHT blue shirt… daddy like. I may have to start popping by Fox for news more often. Maybe it’s a okay to get more gay viewers? I need to go 9 inches deep into Matt Finn.

[quote] AOC says it's 'actually delusional' to think Democrats can get re-elected without acting on student debt I often wonder, if you took AOC's brain, and combined it with Beyonce's brain, would you at least achieve the intellect of a 6th grader? Or, maybe not?

[quote] Aww [R13] look at you learning how to stalk like a real troll! Good for you cunt. Wanna dig up some of your gems? I bet you’ve been quite the shit stirrer. Shall we find out ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote]DL has the lamest trolls

I know, r21. These days we're getting the absolute dregs.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2022 4:38 PM

So? What is your point OP? We previously had a gold-digging grifter who openly disdained many of the things Americans care about and you wanna criticize Jill for trying to have a positive attitude about the shitty condition the country is in? Are you sure that's the hill you wanna die on?

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2022 4:41 PM

Yes, this is the hill OP wants to die on. He wants to paint a perfectly sane, competent, and by all accounts decent person as a loser, monster, and FLOTUS failure because the people he shills for have nothing else to offer.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2022 4:44 PM

Frau-iest FLOTUS since Mamie, but I guess that’s ok. I’d like to see her cut a bitch or two like she did here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2022 4:51 PM

I love Dr. Jill!

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2022 4:51 PM

Jesus, R 13, 16, 22, 23,24, is a seriously triggered psychopath. Damn girl. In between starting threads about who likes lemon sauce on gingerbread care and obsessing over a son who shot their parents, this particular troll's speciality appears to be stalking other DL'ers and posting their previous comments, like its a toy she's just learned about. This is why there needs to be a litmus test before we let people register around here.

You're damaged R24. Take your pills.

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2022 4:52 PM

Calm down R26. Pull the covers up and cradle your Dr. Jill doll. It's gonna be okay, it's not that serious honey.

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] threads about who likes lemon sauce on gingerbread care

I assume you meant gingerbread cake. This sounds delicious, I need to find that thread.

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2022 5:21 PM

I tink she is very nice lady even if she likes fukking Chreestmas. I vonder if she vants to buy one of my hats.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote]You're damaged [R24]. Take your pills.

More projection, r29/OP? By the way, I'm neither r22 or r23. Also I've never posted recipes or anything about his son shooting his parents. You're trolldar needs serious work. The fact that you'd find those subjects "shit-stirring" is well...just odd.

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2022 5:40 PM

Does Anyone remember when Whoopi Goldberg reccomended Jill Biden to be surgeon general because she’s a “great doctor”?? Cringe!! Then she asked Bernie why he doesn’t think amazon should pay taxes when that was one of the tenents of his campaign!!

Ugh. It’s scary that there are millions of women who actually get their “views” from her

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2022 5:44 PM

I don’t see why she can’t say it. The previous whore claimed she was “being best”.

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2022 5:50 PM

I'm so tired of hearing this HEALING shit from the Dems, just like Michelle Obama's "when they go low..." shit. How'd that work out? Democrats are PUSSIES!

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2022 11:11 PM

They have to say that, because that's what they campaigned on. But they know full well it's a pipe dream.

The only way to 'heal' is for everyone over 50 to die-off.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2022 11:14 PM

[quote] The only way to 'heal' is for everyone over 50 to die-off.

Make that everybody over 70

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2022 11:28 PM

I've worked for both Jill and Mrs. Obama. Jill oversells herself. Mrs. Obama undersold herself. Both are decent, intelligent women.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2022 12:00 AM

[quote] Mrs. Obama undersold herself

She really had to, r39.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2022 12:13 AM

I’m jealous of you R39!

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2022 12:40 AM

Dr. Jill Biden is awesome! Leave her alone!

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2022 12:53 AM

She seems like a nice lady better than that other cunt

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 12:55 AM

It's so refreshing to have a FLOTUS that actually looks like she's enjoying her position and not like a hooker who knows she's not getting paid extra for a session that was unexpectedly extended.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2022 1:20 AM

R39, how about just noticing that they have different personalities? Jill Biden is sunny and outgoing, a good match for her husband. At a teacher she is used to engaging and that will inform any duties she takes on as First Lady. Michelle Obama is more serious, more cautious, but clearly with a strong sense of wanting to improve the world. She had that even before she met her husband. Her approach to her role as First Lady was performed differently, given her status as first African American First Lady. She was always aware of that status and seemed to work carefully to avoid the kind of rightwing craziness that is so common now. Jill Biden's role was essentially chosen for her. With Covid taking the toll it has taken, she pretty much had to get out and help to educate the public and support the administration's message for handling the pandemic. Of course, with her history in education, that was a logical major agenda for her as well. That outgoing nature and optimism seems perfect for a situation where the country needs some comforting. Overselling and underselling just seems insulting to me.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2022 1:25 AM

I'm a pretty intelligent and well read guy and I thought she was a real medical doctor until a few months ago.

I think the Biden campaign intentionally lead people to believe that.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]I've worked for both Jill and Mrs. Obama. Jill oversells herself. Mrs. Obama undersold herself.

I like how you refer Jill Biden as “Jill” and Michelle Obama as “Mrs. Obama”. Must be one of those “white” “Black” people.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2022 1:30 AM

[quote] I think the Biden campaign intentionally lead people to believe that.

Other than the 5000000 times they said she was a teacher?

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2022 1:34 AM

I like Jill Biden and believe her approach to positivity is needed. I don’t agree with Joe Biden’s approach, like his 01/06 speech. I don’t want to hear about Trump or even an insinuation of Trump. Don’t mention him at all. I don’t want to hear about him.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2022 1:37 AM

I didn't see that, R48. Are you sure?

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2022 1:37 AM

I don't consider it insulting, r45.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2022 1:54 AM

I like her. Haters gonna hate.

(But really, I struggle to find anything about her that’s “offensive” - even if you find her a bit basic - which she definitely is)

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2022 2:01 AM

She's an amazing doctor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2022 2:01 AM

Wasn't she the boys babysitter and Pedo Joe's sidepiece? She's an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2022 2:24 AM

I do healing massage.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2022 2:29 AM

r54 in the **Gallup: Americans become more Republican** thread:

[quote]No r15 it's the left who have moved to the extreme left. So far that literally millions of us left that party after being lifelong democrats.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2022 2:31 AM

The nation is fucked. The Repugs are going to slaughter us in the midterms and in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2022 2:31 AM

And what's your point r56 other than showing everyone you were THAT kid in school?

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2022 2:34 AM

Jeel needs take notes from me. Show titty for sake of cuntry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2022 2:38 AM

Just shining a light on you, r58.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2022 2:39 AM

R56 = "Dawn Davenport is eating a meatball sandwich RIGHT out in class"

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2022 2:48 AM

Of course you were r60. Because that's who you are.

by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2022 4:19 AM

Of course you were r60. Because that's who you are.

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2022 4:19 AM

I don't find anything necessarily unlikeable about Jill. I voted for Joe and will again. But living in Delaware for many years, I'm familiar with her for a long time now. She has a savior complex, which isn't really a bad thing. But when she started with requiring people to refer to her as "Doctor Biden", she kind of lost me. And as First Lady, she's not done anything to soften her self adoration.

Of course, she's a more effective First Lady than the last one. Nobody is comparing them. But the bizarre political sycophancy on DL where any hint of critique toward one of our people/a Democrat/progressive that triggers and sends a certain number of people into a violent, enraged tizzy needs to fucking stop.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2022 12:57 PM

Eat shit, OP. Scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2022 1:03 PM

FF OP

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2022 1:03 PM

She's a million times better than the fucking disgusting pig whore who came before her. She was human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2022 1:04 PM

being a teacher is just about the best thing a first lady can be. fuck the haters

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2022 1:12 PM

After "Go fuck yourself" Melamia, healing is kind of a nice metaphor.

I like Jill.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2022 1:15 PM

R65 = R66, R67, R68, and several others on this thread. Somebody in the net monitoring department is severely triggered! Poor fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote]But when she started with requiring people to refer to her as "Doctor Biden",

Link, r64?

by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2022 3:41 PM

r70/OP - You trolls aren't triggering us, we're just calling you out on your lies and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote]But the bizarre political sycophancy on DL where any hint of critique toward one of our people/a Democrat/progressive that triggers and sends a certain number of people into a violent, enraged tizzy needs to fucking stop.

"hint of critique"

"violent enraged tizzy"

Your creative writing is ever so creative, OP...

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2022 3:52 PM

r62/r63 in the **Gallup: Americans become more Republican** thread:

[quote]No r15 it's the left who have moved to the extreme left. So far that literally millions of us left that party after being lifelong democrats.

[quote]R49 needs to look up the government's own statistics on Latino welfare use. Hint: its astronomical.

And of course in this thread:

[quote]Wasn't she the boys babysitter and Pedo Joe's sidepiece? She's an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2022 4:34 PM

She didn’t say she is healing the nation. She said she didn’t expect that she would be called upon to attempt to be a healer. Not the same.

by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2022 4:47 PM

r67 think you could comparison between the two? It'd be helpful for a cognitive bias experiment.

by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2022 4:54 PM

The entire Biden family are human garbage. Stop burying your head in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2022 9:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!