Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chicken Salad Chick

A restaurant that serves different varieties of chicken salad. The food sounds good but it's seems like the kind of place where ladies have lunch. Anyone here ever tried it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2024 10:32 PM

An entire restaurant/menu devoted to chicken salad and there is no CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD on it? WTH?

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 6:22 AM

Yes, a favorite among DataLounge's ladies who lunch...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 6:27 AM

Spicy pimento cheese! I would definitely try it, but I live too far North.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 6:34 AM

[quote]Yes, a favorite among DataLounge's ladies who lunch...

DL ladies who lunch always wear hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 6:41 AM

I looked at that menu and thought exactly the same r1. Maybe curry is too exotic for that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 6:43 AM

R4 “Does anyone still wear a hat?”

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 6:50 AM

Do they have some sort of business woman special?

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 7:12 AM

What is pimento cheese? Is it a chicken salad or is it just a cup of cheese like nacho cheese sauce that Jazz eats in a mini crock pot?

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 7:27 AM

These prices seem really cheap. Is this an old menu?

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 7:28 AM

It's a Southern thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 7:31 AM

So they give you a scoop of cheese sauce?

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 7:33 AM

It's not a sauce. Shredded cheese is mixed with mayo and pimentos, usually spread on crackers or in a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 7:35 AM

So they just give you a scoop of cheese and mayo??

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 7:38 AM

If you like chicken salad it's a good place to get chicken salad. I like the variety. Cranberry Pecan is the shit.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 7:38 AM

Both the husband and son look like they’re gay, gay, gay.

And who is this Stan?

“One day Stacy received a call from Stan with the Lee County Health Department, who told her the home business was illegal.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 7:40 AM

R14, Cranberry Pecan is not even on the menu.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 7:42 AM

More the kind of place where the fat heifers in Travel Reimbursements go for Kelly's birthday lunch

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 7:59 AM

[r16] I meant Cranberry Kelli, which is cranberry almond, you persnickety puss. It would be better with pecans.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2022 8:07 AM

I stumbled into this place when I was waiting for an oil change here in Tampa and it does two things very well-

First, the chicken salad is very good, comes on a bed of lettuce with cherry tomatoes- one scoop or (for us fat whores) you can order two scoops. It was $25 for two one-scoop salads and closer to $40 for two scoop and side salads of broccoli & bacon bits, my 2nd visit! Two scoops a bit too much.

Secondly, every inch of the place is overly done “Look at me, successful franchise Frau”. There’s embossed labels, murals and insignias EVERYWHERE, vinyl tablecloths and it looks like someone asked a television home remodeling crew to take any furniture and ten gallons of Kermit- green paint left over between episodes and refashion it into an impromptu restaurant.

There are clever bon mots framed above the toilets, fake plants, etc. and “Our Story”, along with women’s magazine articles festooned all over the walls.

It was slow, butI noticed there was a galley way on one side of the restaurant and on the second visit realized why, because there was s LONG LINE. That said, it was just ok, somewhere I might go to once or twice a month.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2022 8:19 AM

If you’re on Keto like we are, there’s a bit of a “wink” because they put a separately-bagged pickle in the bag with every salad, and what I called a “White Woman’s Dessert” to my husband, sort of like a fortune cookie you’d get with every order of Chinese takeout-

It’s one individually wrapped, silver dollar sized, frosted cookie.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2022 8:25 AM

If I was meeting friends, it’s not the sort of place I’d go to. And if I just wanted a chicken salad or sandwich, I'd rather make it myself at home. I like to eat things I can’t or won’t make myself, when I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2022 8:39 AM

Is this a new reality TV show?

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2022 8:47 AM

I like how they're creating the illusion of healthy eating with a svelte cartoon woman in the logo. I imagine some fat frau walking in here for a "light lunch" and ordering one of the BLT sandwiches that have almost 1000 calories and thinking "I'm doing good today" on their diet.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2022 8:50 AM

I'm trying to wrap my brain around thiis. The fruity salads come with Fuji apples and seedless grapes and either pineapple or pecans Another sweet salad has craisins and slivered almonds.

The spicy salads have Buffalo wing sauce or jalapenos or both Buffalo sauce and jalapenos plus bacon, cheddar, sriracha and ranch.

The savory salads reprise ranch, cheddar and bacon; lemon, basil and pecans; onions or smoked BBQ.

Then there's regular with celery or the South version with sweet pickle relish and chopped egg.

There is also a bunch of salads and sandwiches.

None of this stuff is hard to make at home. Buy a rotisserie chicken and you can make at least two salads But if I were starving and far from home, I'd try it. The mayo-laden salads should not be sitting around all day.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2022 10:06 AM

I would check it out. I love restaurants that have all different types of one dish.

R1 I also find it off they have no curried chicken salad, or “Coronation chicken “ as we call it across the pond.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2022 10:29 AM

i honestly can't imagine a restaurant dedicated to chicken salad without curried. How white/South are you?!

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2022 10:39 AM

I often stop in for Nancy chicken salad.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2022 10:53 AM

You can't curry lunch.

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2022 10:55 AM

It is a great idea for a restaurant, I think. Curried chicken salad should be added to the menu, I agree.

Do they have a sampler where you get a shot-glasses size of every chicken salad on the menu? I would want to try it all

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2022 11:07 AM

@r28, I like the way your brain works

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2022 11:14 AM

I think I'll open a cafe that serves nothing but Rocky Mountain Oysters. What better way to separate the men from the boys

"If you've got the balls we have the bull's"

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2022 11:17 AM

You can tell it was created by a bossy lady, that she did a lot of work getting it right, and that she is OCD and sweated over FAR too many unnecessary little details. They strove for a “homey” Southern look, but overall the store seemed a bit busy looking and grubby and was in a second rate strip mall. As much as I want to be cunty, it was a decent portion, I’ll go back because of the quality and I was startled at how many restaurants they have (100+) when I looked at the website.

It is very much a deliberately crafted “safe” space where an overweight office worker or anorexic fitness gal would BOTH feel confident eating at.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2022 11:33 AM

Long story short (famous last words of a Southerner), I remember my mum telling me about this concept probably 10 years ago. One of my dad's former students had invested in opening a location in my hometown. Even my mother--a dyed in the wool Southerner--said it wouldn't last.

Fast forward 10 years, and--exactly as several posts read above--she and her friends go for lunch probably twice a month. They also have what is apparently a very addictive point/rewards system; my mother has gotten all sorts of things, including a very nice canvas cooler that I use on occasion.

The poster up-thread who described the decor is on point; it's garish and looks thrown together and cheap. A friend in interior design told me that bright yellows and greens deter people from lingering, so I think that's part of why they use the horrendous "Kermit the Frog" green.

All that to say, it's considered a casual lunch spot for Southern ladies. They also do catering and I believe they do quite a bit of business from that. Most of the girls working at the location back home are in sororities, and the owners work around their school and social schedules. They also contribute to a lot of community fundraisers, and have given out thousands of meals to healthcare workers during Covid. It's hard to say anything bad about that.

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2022 11:38 AM

I want to live in that restaurant. But not in the South.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2022 12:05 PM

I'm pretty sure those are both her sons, r15. According to this her page her husband died of cancer shortly after their business started. After reading this, it's kind of hard to wish anything bad on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2022 12:59 PM

Is this like that Skinny Girl Margarita company?

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2022 1:44 PM

I go there occasionally. I like it.

Pros: the quality is pretty good, there's a lot of variety in flavors choose from, they sometimes have some seasonal flavors that are pretty good, it makes for a filling lunch

Cons: decor and clientele are very frau-y, the menu uses cutesy names for the different flavors which can almost be embarrassing to say, they've discontinued some flavors that I really liked

My current favorite flavor is "Kickin' Kay Lynne", which has buffalo sauce, ranch, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and Sriracha.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2022 2:18 PM

It looks like they currently have a curried chicken salad on the "Limited Time Offer" menu.

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2022 2:23 PM

Do they promise that their chicken comes from ethically sourced, cruelty free, free range farms?

by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2022 2:32 PM

Well it's a southern restaurant, so it's more marketable that the chicken was raised and killed with extra cruelty. It's more traditional

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2022 3:37 PM

Does that add flava?

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2022 3:40 PM

That place sounds like it is run by a bunch of dumb clucks.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2022 3:40 PM

This article is from 1953, but it’s still relevant today. I hope the owners have read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2022 4:00 PM

I have friend who knows someone who owns several Chicken Salad Chick locations in the SE. The food is not made at the restaurant. There is no kitchen & no cooking overhead. Just assembling the chicken salad that's premade onto lettuce/bread, etc.

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2022 4:02 PM

@r43, I love chicken salad, but it ages like sour milk, so you've really got to trust your source

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2022 4:24 PM

They refer to the one called Dixie Chick as their "most offensive salad"? Rightwing bitches. I'd never eat that for that reason alone.

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2022 5:00 PM

Does anyone else put curry in their egg salad as well?

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2022 5:06 PM

How’s their tuna?

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2022 5:19 PM

It's strange they offer egg salad but not tuna.

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2022 5:21 PM

What do they have against tuna salad?

by Anonymousreply 50January 17, 2022 5:25 PM

[quote] The mayo-laden salads should not be sitting around all day.

You know, I'd be willing to bet that they use some form of refrigeration.

by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2022 5:34 PM

They don't want to encourage a lesbian clientele.

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2022 5:35 PM

WHERE ARE THE VEGAN OPTIONS!!!!

Chicken, mayo, cheese, honey, this restaurant is an extinction level event.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHERE ARE THE VEGAN OPTIONS!!

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2022 5:37 PM

They have fruit salad!

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2022 5:38 PM

I believe the Dixie chick salad is full of onions and garlic as well

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2022 5:55 PM

Fruit contains the unborn souls of new plants, R54! Eating fruit is performing an abortion!!!

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2022 5:55 PM

So the Dixie Chicks are the silent partners here?

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote]They also contribute to a lot of community fundraisers, and have given out thousands of meals to healthcare workers during Covid. It's hard to say anything bad about that.

DL likes a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2022 6:44 PM

25 bucks for "a scoop of chicken salad"? What fresh hell is this?

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2022 6:51 PM

Its green. Hospital green. Looks like the coffee and sandwich shop at big hospital. Or the a la carte pay by item lunch cafeteria at a shitty but kind of expensive university in flyoverstan.

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2022 6:55 PM

If Martha Stewart was a brain damaged, oxygen starved baby, this would've been the result of her ambition.

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2022 7:11 PM

Won't make love to change your mind.

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2022 8:17 PM

R61! You are hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2022 8:22 PM

Thanks to this thread I’m prepping buffalo chicken salad for dinner tonight. My New Year’s resolution was no more Uber Eats/takeout so I’m making it myself. Chicken salad is just so good. Thanks for the inspiration

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2022 8:43 PM

[quote]25 bucks for "a scoop of chicken salad"? What fresh hell is this?

It's one that is completely imaginary sprung forth from the fevered brain of R19.

This thread prompted me to have lunch there today. I had "The Chick", which comes with two items (scoops, sandwich, side, etc.) I got a scoop of "Fruity Fran" and a scoop of the "Madam Curry" limited time flavor. With a drink, my total was $11.00.

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2022 8:50 PM

Read more carefully. R19 was buying two meals which would be about $25.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Thanks to this thread I went out and bought some chicken salad roll-ups for lunch and they were out of this world. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2022 8:55 PM

R19 said:

[quote]It was $25 for two one-scoop salads and closer to $40 for two scoop and side salads of broccoli & bacon bits,

"The Chick" comes with two scoops of chicken salad, or a sandwich and a single scoop, or a single scoop and a side for $8.99.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2022 8:58 PM

Hmm, now I want a chicken salad BLT, but the nearest location is in Oklahoma.

Bummer

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2022 9:01 PM

R65 said he ordered The Chick and his total was $11. So two meals would be $22 plus tax.

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2022 9:04 PM

Which came first? The chicken salad or the egg salad?

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2022 10:35 PM

I wish we had these in CA. I want some!

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2022 10:37 PM

[quote] Read more carefully. [R19] was buying two meals which would be about $25.

Nowhere did he say he was buying two meals. He said he was buying two scoops for $25 and if you add sides to those two scoops, it is $40.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2022 10:55 PM

"It was $25 for two one-scoop salads" That is what he wrote. TWO one scoop salads.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2022 10:57 PM

TWO one-scoop salads is $8.99. How is it $25?

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2022 11:04 PM

A ONE SCOOP SALAD IS $8.99!

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2022 11:09 PM

No, it’s not! Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2022 11:10 PM

I went to the CSC outlet that opened near my house. One time only and never again. It's just chicken salad!

I can drive to my local Kroger and buy their house made chicken salad for way cheaper. And yes, I can add my own curry powder.

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2022 11:15 PM

Pretty boring menu. Agree that there should be a curry chicken salad on the regular menu.

The soup menu is suspect. Why advertise "salads, sides & soups" but you don't specify what kinds of soups? ("Ask about our soups of the day.") There should be some kind of chicken soup (e.g., chicken noodle) on the regular menu. This tells me that they're not trying to use up chicken carcasses.

I guess it's a chain and the chicken they use is probably pre-cooked breast meat.

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote] I have friend who knows someone who owns several Chicken Salad Chick locations in the SE. The food is not made at the restaurant. There is no kitchen & no cooking overhead. Just assembling the chicken salad that's premade onto lettuce/bread, etc.

So the chicken salad is pre-made and shipped to them?

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2022 11:18 PM

I think I get what R19 was saying. The menu includes a salad (like a full meal salad) that comes with one scoop of chicken salad on a bed of greens. So if that is also $8.99, then two of them would be close to $25. But I would rather have the two scoops of chicken salad for the same price.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2022 11:19 PM

No locations in civilization.

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2022 11:22 PM

R79, they have potato soup and chicken and dumplings every day. They alternate between broccoli cheese, chicken tortilla, tomato bisque and chicken artichoke florentine soups as the soup of the day.

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2022 11:22 PM

The Moose Knuckle Sandwich is out of this world.

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2022 11:55 PM

From the menu this looks like food you would eat and it would be like eating sadness that would pervade your body and linger for days.

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2022 11:59 PM

I’m going to visit one next time I go to New York.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2022 12:03 AM

in the supply chain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2022 12:05 AM

Are the chicken in chunks or shreds?

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2022 12:06 AM

R85 I hope you're not in marketing.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2022 12:11 AM

Yes, all the food is pre-made & shipped to each franchise location. No actual cooking or food preparation is done at the CSC locations. It's like an ice cream shop but with chicken salad.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2022 12:15 AM

YUM!!!!!! any one 10 bucks a "scoop" of delicious bacteria on industrial meat product.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2022 12:22 AM

*and only $10

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2022 12:23 AM

It’s not $10 a scoop. Its $3.99 a scoop.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2022 12:29 AM

Are the fixings extra or does the $3.99 cover that too?

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2022 12:33 AM

It is very frau-y as others have said. But, I happened to be near my local one, one day last week at lunch time. And, it was filled with hot construction guys and other blue collar types buying sandwiches.

However, they use sweet pickles in the Olivia's Old South chicken salad. And, my old Southern family only uses dill pickles in such things and views sweet pickles as an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2022 12:37 AM

I like sweet pickles in moderation on sandwiches. They are in fact more likely to be pleasant than any old dill, which are often made all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2022 12:39 AM

R90 "and for dessert we have chicken salad in a cone!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2022 1:30 AM

R95 they're right. Sweet pickles are an abomination. Did you at least hookup with one of the construction workers?

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2022 1:32 AM

Some one should do this model, but with duck.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2022 1:35 AM

How about with hot dogs? Everyone loves hot dog recipes.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2022 1:37 AM

The idea of hotdogs with Fuji apples and seedless grapes does not bode well.

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2022 1:38 AM

I just know the time is now for a return of aspic salads featuring hot dogs. Such as SpaghettiO Jello Mold with Vienna Sausages

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2022 1:43 AM

No herby chix salad? No waldorf salad side nor strawberry poppy seed salad with a scoop of chicken salad? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2022 1:43 AM

The lemon basil sounds good.

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2022 1:58 AM

Are there none with capers? That seems like a misfire?

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2022 1:59 AM

Are we sure this thread isn’t corporate crowd sourcing for what gay men want in their chicken salad restaurants to expand their brand, because they are getting some great ideas here and they are are getting them for free. FREE I tell you!

by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2022 2:02 AM

No Salad Olvieh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2022 2:09 AM

Iranian chicken salad will never fly in the south.

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2022 2:12 AM

r108 Call it Russian Chicken Salad and they'll line up for it.

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2022 2:14 AM

I’ll admit, when this thread first popped up I was skeptical, but it is evolving into a classic and iconic DL thread.

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2022 2:14 AM

This silly restaurant concept will be gone on five years.

How 'bout a PBJ chain next?

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2022 2:16 AM

r105m i had the same thought. Thought capers were a classic ingredient in chicken/tuna salad. They don't seem very creative. They also have TWO chicken salads that are based on Buffalo Wings. Seems redundant.

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2022 2:18 AM

There was a grilled cheese restaurant not far from my house. It didn't survive the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 113January 18, 2022 2:19 AM

I'd never heard of this before. That's a ton of franchises, mostly along interstate highways.

by Anonymousreply 114January 18, 2022 2:27 AM

R98 I wish but I couldn't. :( My mom was with me.

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2022 2:30 AM

Where are pics of aforementioned interior? I can't find any.

by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2022 2:31 AM

i've been there a couple of times. I went to Trader Joes and Chicken Salad Chick is in the same shopping center. I had the BLT and broccoli salad. They were both good. The toasted bread though is weird, it has a weird, fake texture. i don't know how to describe it. It wasn't bad though.

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2022 2:41 AM

I went to its competitor, Cuntin' Salad Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2022 2:43 AM

Come for the wall decals, stay for the chicken salad.

Better yet, stay home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 18, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote]Chicken salad lovers will have no shortage of flavor options at a restaurant coming to Dawsonville Highway in just more than a week.

MMMM!

Deep BREWED chicken salad flavah options!

It's LIVELY! I LIKE that!

by Anonymousreply 120January 18, 2022 2:55 AM

Looks right up my alley. I love chicken salad and pimento cheese. Good pimento cheese is divine. I'm from the South and we grew up with it in my family. Along with chicken salad, Smithfield ham, biscuits, and deviled eggs. That's what we put out when company came over. The best chicken salad I ever had in my life was at a Jewish deli in Chicago which had schmaltz in it. So perfect on a cracker as an appetizer.

by Anonymousreply 121January 18, 2022 3:10 AM

I’d rather have a good chicken liver pâté sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2022 3:13 AM

They had a stand I’m assuming reduced the menu as there were maybe 2 chicken salad options . The portion came in a cup. You got 2 packs of crackers and a side: Broccoli with bacon or pasta salad. Tried their pimento cheese too. Ridiculously overpriced but the options for food were limited. Meh!

by Anonymousreply 123January 18, 2022 3:33 AM

[quote] I went to the CSC outlet that opened near my house.

Good God, they have outlets too!? Is that where they send the chicken salad that's about to expire?!? Why would you go there?

R121, which Chicago deli? I always loved The Bagel in Lakeview.

by Anonymousreply 124January 18, 2022 5:04 AM

[quote] Looks right up my alley. I love chicken salad and pimento cheese. Good pimento cheese is divine.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 125January 18, 2022 5:10 AM

R124 The deli's name escaped me. It was in an old school pharmacy and was at the northeast corner of Clark and Catalpa in Andersonville. We called it Pudgies but don't think that was the actual name. The Bagel in Lakeview is legendary for sure. Best bagels in town.

by Anonymousreply 126January 18, 2022 5:18 AM

I'd like to try chicken liver paté sometime.

by Anonymousreply 127January 18, 2022 5:19 AM

R125 I felt super Mary when I wrote that post. Something about all that lady food brings out the southern belle in me. Point taken though.

by Anonymousreply 128January 18, 2022 5:20 AM

That decor at R119 - horrible! Live, laugh, love!

by Anonymousreply 129January 18, 2022 5:24 AM

That wall color is puke-enduring. I don’t think I would be comfortable eating there without getting nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 130January 18, 2022 5:26 AM

If you have a problem with the green walls, perhaps the red ones abutting them will settle your stomach.

Click if you dare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 18, 2022 5:40 AM

What’s up with the vinyl tablecloths? No wonder this place isn’t open in California. No one would go to a restaurant that looked like that. It’s very unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 132January 18, 2022 5:45 AM

Fuck it all, it's the middle of the night, I need to lose weight, and now this thread has me wanting to waddle down to the kitchen for a snack.

by Anonymousreply 133January 18, 2022 5:46 AM

R132 it is to evoke small town Southern America. It looks like every Southern Baptist, Methodist, or “holy roller” fellowship hall I’ve ever been in, and I’ve been in a lot of them. Even a few in California.

by Anonymousreply 134January 18, 2022 5:50 AM

Stacy is telling you NOW, so she doesn't have to tell you THEN.

"Gentlemen....the porcelain pigs, rusty pails, and washboard decor at your barbecue joints don't threaten our femininity. So we don't think it is too much to ask of you to say the stupid names and sit in a few flowers for an hour. Thank you for understanding. It means a lot to us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 18, 2022 5:53 AM

There used to be something called chintz (cloth) tablecloths. People liked them b/c you could wipe them down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 18, 2022 5:53 AM

I love a good chicken salad ,and theirs is very tasty indeed. I also hated the decor,and the menus were twee as fuck. That being said,I eat there any time i get a chance. As for curry,it probably would taste pretty good but who the fuck wants to stink after lunch ? I cant eat curry,I stink afterwards. Guess what,so do you all when you eat that shit. it is tasty BUT...

by Anonymousreply 137January 18, 2022 5:59 AM

Seems like more of a you problem.

by Anonymousreply 138January 18, 2022 6:07 AM

r137 Apparently you don't have a lot of experience eating curry chicken salad. If you stink after eating ONE curry chicken salad, you have some endocrine issues. Generally, people only smell of curry if they've been cooking it for hours or eat it every single day.

by Anonymousreply 139January 18, 2022 6:09 AM

R111 I think I remember reading something like this years ago! Some guy was trying to start a chain restaurant for grilled cheese sandwiches. But I haven't heard anything of it since.

by Anonymousreply 140January 18, 2022 6:12 AM

[quote]I wish but I couldn't. :( My mom was with me.

'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?'

by Anonymousreply 141January 18, 2022 6:29 AM

There are lots of grilled cheese chains. And also PB&J chains, like the one in the East Village.

by Anonymousreply 142January 18, 2022 6:34 AM

Name a regional or national grilled cheese chain R142 if there are so many.

by Anonymousreply 143January 18, 2022 6:39 AM

I think DL should open their own chain of restaurants-

SKINNY BITCH, SKINNIER!

A hardboiled egg and cube of cheese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 18, 2022 7:13 AM

The grilled cheese chain was Tom + Chee, which won Shark Tank and started with a big bang, then fizzled out. A couple of years ago Gold Star Chili bought it and it's hanging in there, just barely.

by Anonymousreply 145January 18, 2022 7:22 AM

The Melt

Tom + Chee

The Grill

CheesyQ

Grilled Cheese Guys

It’s such an easy restaurant concept.

by Anonymousreply 146January 18, 2022 7:25 AM

[quote]I went to its competitor, Cuntin' Salad Cunt.

Thank you, come again!

by Anonymousreply 147January 18, 2022 8:10 AM

I'd prefer a Cup-O-Noodles chain.

by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2022 8:43 AM

R146 none of the places you mentioned are regional much less national chains. Easy concepts mean low barriers to entry which means high competition and the reason none of these chains have been that successful to fuel high growth.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2022 8:48 AM

[quote]i honestly can't imagine a restaurant dedicated to chicken salad without curried. How white/South are you?!

I've had curried chicken salad many, many times in the South, and in white people's houses, even. Curry is used in many chicken and egg dishes, and is a key flavor ingredient in Country Captain, a hot chicken and rice dish thought to have been introduced from Mumbai to the port of Savannah, but its American appearance is more reliably traced to an 1857 cookbook published in New York. In any case, curry is not a suspect ingredient in traditional Southern cooking.

by Anonymousreply 150January 18, 2022 9:36 AM

I think sweet curry is used in spiced peaches recipes.

I rarely see jars of these peaches but when I do, I always buy a couple.

by Anonymousreply 151January 18, 2022 9:49 AM

I love Chicken Salad Chicken! Classic Carole and Bar-B-Q are my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 152January 18, 2022 10:03 AM

R115 Going to a chicken salad shop with “Mother” while checking out hot construction workers is peak DL.

by Anonymousreply 153January 18, 2022 10:12 AM

Do they serve chicken hawk salad?

by Anonymousreply 154January 18, 2022 10:19 AM

"It's strange they offer egg salad but not tuna."

Duh! Because chickens don't lay tuna, the lay eggs.

Although I knew this one hen who fucked a sturgeon for caviar.

Snooty whore bitch!

by Anonymousreply 155January 18, 2022 10:32 AM

Grape salad looks like something dreamed up by Simply Sara.

"Grapes, mah way."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 18, 2022 10:42 AM

Spiced peaches are made with a tad of vinegar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, brown sugar and a sliver of ginger.. Is that considered a curry?

by Anonymousreply 157January 18, 2022 12:07 PM

^^ That's what they use when they can't get sweet curry in Bainbridge, GA.

by Anonymousreply 158January 18, 2022 12:10 PM

Here's the Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe

All this stuff is unbelievably easy to make.

Here's someone's interpretation of the pimento cheese.

INGREDIENTS

1 (8 ounces) package of sharp cheddar cheese

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sour

1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 (4 ounces) jar of diced pimentos, drained'

2 tablespoons of finely minced onions (can also be grated)

How To Make Chicken Salad Chick Pimento Cheese Recipe

Use a cheese grater to grate your fresh cheese and then set it in the refrigerator. You can also simply put it aside. To make dressing for the pimento cheese, in a medium-sized bowl mix mayonnaise with apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. And keep in mind that the creamy texture of this mixture is retained. Also, add salt and garlic powder to the same mixture. Whisk the ingredients gently. In the very next step, add the drained and diced pimentos along with minced onions and stir so that the ingredients will embrace each other. In the final step add the cold grated cheddar cheese to your prepared mixture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 18, 2022 12:15 PM

There is a franchise in my small Southern town and I am sure it does quite well with their target white bread demographic, "Yes, Jesus. Yes, Lord. Come into me, Jesus."

by Anonymousreply 160January 18, 2022 12:51 PM

r159 that sounds disgusting. No redeeming qualities.

by Anonymousreply 161January 18, 2022 1:57 PM

R159, thanks for posting that. I made the buffalo chicken salad for dinner last night and it was a hit. My husband and I both really enjoyed it. I made it slightly healthier by leaving out the sour cream and salt, using an avocado oil-based mayo and also using Frank’s red hot (which has all natural ingredients—most buffalo sauces contain canola oil). I served it on spinach salad with extra celery sticks on the side for dipping. So good.

The “Fancy Nancy” is my favorite type of chicken salad, with grapes and apples and walnuts. Yum! I usually use Granny Smith apples in my version.

by Anonymousreply 162January 18, 2022 2:17 PM

I'm not a big fan of chicken salad, but I ate at Chicken Salad Chick once when I was travelling. I got two scoops and they were both delicious. One had grapes in it and I don't remember what was in the other one.

by Anonymousreply 163January 18, 2022 2:27 PM

Roaches, I bet!

by Anonymousreply 164January 18, 2022 7:14 PM

Seems like a place you'd eat while on a road trip and don't have many choices of where to stop and eat.

by Anonymousreply 165January 18, 2022 7:33 PM

[quote]One had grapes in it and I don't remember what was in the other one.

Raisins, if it had been sitting out for too long.

by Anonymousreply 166January 18, 2022 7:34 PM

Or water bugs!

by Anonymousreply 167January 18, 2022 7:40 PM

What the hell kind of third-world places do you live in if you think restaurants don't have refrigeration to keep their food from spoiling, that they leave food items just sitting out so that roaches and water bugs can crawl all over them, and that cities don't have health departments that inspect restaurants regularly?

by Anonymousreply 168January 18, 2022 9:14 PM

Pete, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 169January 18, 2022 9:20 PM

R153 I wish to clarify a few things. I did not actually go to Chicken Salad Chick with Mother. I had driven her to a doctor’s appointment and stopped by Kroger. Our local franchise is located in the Kroger parking lot and I happened to park next to it, which is how I observed the hot construction workers.

by Anonymousreply 170January 18, 2022 9:48 PM

R170 thank you for the clarification. I was picturing you walking into CSC dressed in your Sunday best, a bow tie and crisply starched white cotton shirt, with Mother hanging on your arm.

As she's telling you EXACTLY how she wants her chicken salad, your eyes slowly glided over to the muscled constructions workers. Their asses taut in tight denim, their pecs bulging out from under their tshirts, their prominent bulges on full display. Why... it was almost enough to give you the vapors until Mother interrupted your lustful urges with a shrill reprimand of getting her TWO scoops of chicken salad.

Not ONE but TWO!

You respond back with a submissive but depressed, "Yes Mother Dearest...."

Sometimes you just felt like strangling her, but she is your Mother after all....

by Anonymousreply 171January 18, 2022 10:04 PM

Was it a tent set up in the parking lot? Or do they have food trucks?

by Anonymousreply 172January 18, 2022 10:04 PM

A chicken salad restaurant? Yuck! Except for a light schmear on a BLT, turkey sandwich or burger, I do not care for mayonnaise. All those mayonnaise-y salads -- chicken, tuna, egg, potato, macaroni -- make me gag.

About 15 years ago, there was a "just chili" place near me called Chili My Soul. That was a concept I could get behind! They had something like 25-30 different types of chili on a rotating basis, serving 12-15 varieties daily. Beef, pork, turkey, chicken & vegetarian, varying "heat-levels" & flavor profiles. They also had items on which to put the chili, if that was your thing -- baked potato, fries, nachos, chili-size. And always, free samples! In fact, when ordering any of their spiciest chilis (9 & 10 on scale of 1-10), they insisted that you sample it first.

by Anonymousreply 173January 18, 2022 10:24 PM

R171 More! Do you write for a living? That was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 174January 18, 2022 10:41 PM

God help me, but sometimes I wish I had other children; children to whom I was more than just a burden. Children who might consider taking me to Chicken Salad Chick instead of hissing at me to wait until they donate some day-old chicken salad to my Red Hat Society chapter. It isn't a nonprofit. You know they'll never donate.

Worse, you couldn't even be bothered to put your binoculars down. What were you looking at anyway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 18, 2022 10:49 PM

R162 canola oil is "all natural".

by Anonymousreply 176January 18, 2022 10:50 PM

Madame Curry is back, bitches. It's under "limited time offers."

Happy now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 18, 2022 11:00 PM

Oops. I did a search for "limited time" after I posted. Sorry, R38.

by Anonymousreply 178January 18, 2022 11:02 PM

Meet the chicks behind the chicken salads!

Kickin' Kay Lynne

People have said this about Kay Lynne for as long as I’ve known her. She’s my fun-loving aunt with fiery red hair. She has a way of lighting up a room and making everyone in it feel just wonderful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 18, 2022 11:24 PM

Not sure if I’m surprised or should have known in my very bones that a DL thread about Chicken Salad Chick has 180 replies and is still going strong

by Anonymousreply 180January 18, 2022 11:27 PM

Please do not mention rapeseed oil, aka canola. It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 181January 19, 2022 12:06 AM

Jan 27 is Clashing Clothes Day and to celebrate, Datalounge is ordering catering from Chicken Salad Chick. Place your orders now.

by Anonymousreply 182January 19, 2022 1:34 AM

I'm surprised they don't offer even one low-cal mayo-free option. I've been making chicken and tuna salad with fat-free Greek yogurt instead of mayo for awhile and it's quite good, though different. And it turns a fairly unhealthy item into a very healthy one.

by Anonymousreply 183January 19, 2022 3:59 PM

Mayo is not unhealthy. It’s just eggs and oil. Probably healthier than sugar and carb laden yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 184January 19, 2022 4:02 PM

If it’s a franchise, you know the chicken salad comes in a big plastic bag and the franchisees just mix the mayonnaise in on-site. That’s how the franchise where I worked a summer job did it. And it’s “made fresh daily!”

Back in the refrigerator, there are giant bags of sealed chicken salad and seasoning packets and giant buckets of mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 185January 19, 2022 4:24 PM

They are shipped pre-mixed.

by Anonymousreply 186January 19, 2022 5:46 PM

The roaches and water bugs too?

by Anonymousreply 187January 19, 2022 5:53 PM

Is it next door to Turkey Salad Turk?

by Anonymousreply 188January 19, 2022 6:32 PM

Turkey salad sounds absolutely DREADFUL.

by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2022 8:38 AM

They should at least introduce a monthly special chicken salad as a means to try out new recipes, starting with a curry one and one with capers.

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2022 8:49 AM

It's surprisingly indistinguishable from chicken salad, R189.

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2022 11:14 AM

They do, R190. In fact, the current special is a curry chicken salad.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2022 1:04 PM

Is the red/green grape thing based on availability and switched up, or are both always represented in the salad despite market price?

by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2022 1:42 PM

R173, did you ever have to use the restroom in the chili restaurant? I would imagine there were blow-outs in there on an hourly basis. BTW, your description of it sounds pretty white trash. Was Naomi's chili from 'Mama's Family' one of the featured offerings?

by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2022 3:19 PM

What kind of fucked up digestive systems do you people have that a bowl of chili causes you to have explosive bowel movements?

by Anonymousreply 195January 22, 2022 8:46 PM

Also, how long after eating said bowl of chili do you hang around the restaurant that you have to use their restroom for your explosive shits? Or does just one spoonful of chili cause you to immediately shit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 196January 22, 2022 8:49 PM

Turkey salad sandwiches are very good. I like to make a turkey salad sandwich after Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 197January 22, 2022 9:01 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 198March 8, 2024 8:19 PM

Sounds good. I’d like to try (or make them) all.

by Anonymousreply 199March 8, 2024 9:12 PM

Maybe there's a pinch of curry in their "secret seasoning."

Love some of the salad names.

I want the Sassy Scotty!

by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2024 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!