Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Anne Frank joke (blank was so bad people were yelling she's in the attic.)

Where did that start? Who was the first person used in the joke. It's on a Golden Girls episode but I think Joan Rivers did it too.

Who started it?

by Anonymousreply 14February 2, 2022 5:14 AM

Queen Elizabeth, of all people. She is so salty!

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 3:12 AM

If only Otto hadn't gotten that drum set for Anne.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 3:20 AM

Lol r2. Evil but lol!

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 3:23 AM

I first heard it about Pia Zadora.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 3:23 AM

Same here, R4

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 3:26 AM

I think it was Joan that made the joke about the New York resident visiting the Frank attic and exclaiming, "How much did that bitch pay for all this SPACE?"

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 3:38 AM

Bea Arthur did it in her one-woman Broadway show.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 3:45 AM

It was said the audience stood up and yelled,'SHE'S IN THE ATTIC!' when Pia Zadora was in the play

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 4:42 AM

Who did they say it about on The Golden Girls?

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 6:09 AM

Did Anne Frank send Helen Keller the waffle iron?

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 7:41 AM

the joke applies well to when Natalie Portman played Anne rather blandly.

Surprised Linda Lavin (the only good thing in the show) didn't yell it and go home early some nights.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 11:00 PM

At 3:27, Joan comes close to saying it. Joan was joking about hot German guys, and if Anne Frank had seen a row of them marching down the street, she would've said "I'm in the attic!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 11:29 PM

You can’t make jokes about Anne Frank or Rosa Parks.

by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2022 12:29 AM

Yet they did r13.

by Anonymousreply 14February 2, 2022 5:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!