Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends tour Susan Boyle's Palatial Mansion

It's actually very sweet that she's stayed in and upgraded her childhood home. Sounds like she's being smart with money, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2022 9:28 PM

Now, if we can just work on that fright wig!

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2022 8:02 PM

r1 It kind of works for her. . . as the love child of Hyacinth Bucket & Cousin Geri

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2022 8:04 PM

I can't mock this. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2022 8:07 PM

She didn't have to buy a cavernous mansion but I'm really surprised she didn't buy at least a middle class house. I guess a small cramped house is what she's used to and what she likes. Surely she has at least a few million.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2022 8:19 PM

She actually bought a really nice house across town, but after living in it a couple of weeks she couldn't stand it and went back to her old house, giving the new house to her niece

Thank you, Aunt Susan

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2022 8:19 PM

I always love the story about Kurt Cobain. When he bought his big, rock star mansion? He'd spend most of his time in the walk in closet. Because he wasn't used to grand spaces.

I love it that Susan Boyle is doing the same sort of thing. (Frankly, it's what I'd do too.)

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2022 8:31 PM

Susan has lots of anxiety issues which she handles really well considering her fame and fortune

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2022 8:37 PM

I love it, if you're alone and probably not very social, why have a ton of space.

What struck me is the comment that 9 people used to live in that home. How? Where? What type of family could fit or even feed nine people if that's the house you live in?

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2022 8:43 PM

I remembered who she is at the crucifix shot and stopped. Straight People Figurines.

The kitchen on the preview looks good.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2022 8:56 PM

She said she's lived in that house all her life. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2022 9:00 PM

I would guess she's a lesbian since she's never married, though maybe she's never dated because of anxiety issues.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2022 9:02 PM

If two people were using those stairs, going in opposite directions, they'd have to be awfully thin to fit.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2022 9:03 PM

An accidental celebrity who has remained grounded. Lovely house, lovely woman.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote] I would guess she's a lesbian since she's never married, though maybe she's never dated because of anxiety issues.

I don't think she's a lesbian. I don't think she's ever had sex with anyone, male or female. And I don't think she has Asperger's Syndrome, either. That was the excuse given for her bizarre behavior, but it doesn't fit. Her publicity team figured it would sound good to say she's an Aspie because the stereotype of people with Asperger's is this: a socially awkward person who is nonetheless very intelligent and gifted in some way. It sounded a lot better than saying she's brain damaged, which I heard she is, because of oxygen deprivation at birth.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2022 9:12 PM

I always thought of her as a kind, gracious person. The style and decor of her house fit her personality. perfedtly ! Kudos to her interior designer! I am sure she is a wonderful neighbor and brings cookies and other fresh baked goods to her neighbors all the time !!!

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Good for her.

She deserves everything she has accomplished and seems to be managing it well.

No snark.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2022 9:43 PM

I had no problem understanding her when she was on the original competition years ago. But I'm glad they put subtitles on this video because I couldn't understand most of what she said.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2022 9:46 PM

I'm a fan of anyone who excels and still manages to stay grounded. She seems like a lovely if slightly off person who's accomplished so much. Good for her!!!!

That said, holy fuck!~ decorating is not her side gig. .

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote] She seems like a lovely if slightly off person

She's a diagnosed autistic. Like most autistics she doesn't take well to change and that's surely why she couldn't handle living in the new house for more than a couple of weeks.

She has a minder who has to travel with her on her tour dates. She's had several incidents over the years of going way off kilter from being overwhelmed by all the different things she's had to experience. I've read they finally found the magic solution to enable them to keep her grounded and feeling safe when she's away from home.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2022 10:07 PM

What a dump. I realize it's her childhood home, but petrol and a match would have been cheaper than renovations.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2022 10:08 PM

r19 what was the solution?

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2022 10:12 PM

A realtor would describe her home as "Cozy for Two" and cozier for three.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2022 10:16 PM

"[R19] what was the solution? "

Valium/Xanax

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2022 10:23 PM

Is there are name for this style of house in the UK? Outside reminds me of Daisy and Onslow's Council Estates home.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2022 10:23 PM

Finally a very basic woman shows how to do tasteful living. It's perfect. For her of course. But it is tasteful and calm.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2022 10:35 PM

[quote] She's a diagnosed autistic.

that's what her handlers want people to believe. But she doesn't seem autistic to me. Mentally challenged, but not autistic.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2022 11:26 PM

I'm dense, too. Are we saying she isn't autistic she is low IQ? R E T A R D E D ?

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2022 11:32 PM

She lead a very sheltered life, why can't she just be shy with social anxiety issues?

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2022 11:40 PM

no one wants to watch a shitty video

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2022 12:09 AM

What's up with all those Marian tchotchkes? Is she catholic?

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote]He'd spend most of his time in the walk in closet.

Cobain was doing so many drugs he was paranoid... "safer" in the closet and in the garage (where he eventually died).

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2022 12:43 AM

Not bad for a haggis-breathed cat lady.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2022 12:50 AM

[quote]Is there are name for this style of house in the UK? Outside reminds me of Daisy and Onslow's Council Estates home.

Semi-detached? I had a relative who lived in a home like this in Canada and hated it. I don't like stucco either.

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2022 12:53 AM

She really should spend some money on "doing up" the exterior of the house. That is the ugliest style of stucco I have ever seen. Looks like they threw a dump truck full of rocks into the quick set.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2022 1:15 AM

I think it needs some colummns.

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2022 2:15 AM

Why she no talk English?

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2022 2:16 AM

She does seem like a genuinely good person.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2022 2:25 AM

She's the foreign Clay Aiken.

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2022 2:30 AM

[quote] She does seem like a genuinely good person.

She's a true innocent. I think there's not a bad bone in her body and she very likely thinks the very best of everyone. And I think that's what was her biggest problem once she became a professional singer. For someone like her, in the business she ended up in that is chock-a-block with people who only want to get whatever they can out of her and then be done with her, I can see why there was a need to have people with her at all times on the road to protect her. I just hope whoever is taking care of her is doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2022 9:20 AM

And considering the vast wealth she's accumulated since going pro I hope she's got good people helping to make sure her money is protected.

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2022 9:22 AM

Worth tens of millions and she lives a lower middle-class lifestyle? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2022 9:34 AM

She is a sweet lady but thank god for the subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2022 9:38 AM

I still remember the mocking, shocked looks of the judges when she walked out on stage. I know they regret them now, but it's upsetting to think how quickly she was judged before she sang a single note.

All seems well with her, which is lovely, and she's had a lot of support. I guess the industry isn't all bad.

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2022 9:51 AM

[quote] Worth tens of millions and she lives a lower middle-class lifestyle?

It's very simple. Her emotional issues make change difficult. She tried living a lifestyle closer to her wealth, and after 2 weeks couldn't handle it and went back where she was most comfortable, the home she'd lived in all her life.

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2022 9:53 AM

She seems like such a lovely person. As the poster above said, not a bad bone in her body. She has done incredibly well for herself all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2022 9:56 AM

@r43, that used to bother me too, all the "pretty people" dismissing her until she opened her mouth to sing. It then became the ultimate schadenfreude for her to show them. It actually became her signature springboard to stardom

Never underestimate the power of a dumpy Haus Frau

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2022 10:59 AM

Thankfully 😅, she doesn’t sing in Middle English

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2022 11:05 AM

What a sweetie pie.

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2022 11:20 AM

Where’s ‘That Darn Cat‘?

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2022 11:44 AM

Good for her. I admire the fact that she’s doing exactly as she likes and is living well within her means.

by Anonymousreply 50January 17, 2022 12:03 PM

What did she ever do with Edith Bunker’s housedress?

by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2022 12:13 PM

R31 He didn't die in a garage.

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2022 12:20 PM

She’s a sweetie. A home that is cozy, surrounded by what makes you happy...well done.

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2022 1:02 PM

R52 Well, the apartment above the garage.

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2022 1:16 PM

I wonder what she does with all the money she's earnt? I would imagine she gives a lot to charity, just has that sort of vibe.

I've never liked her singing but she seems sweet.

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2022 1:49 PM

[Quote]She is a sweet lady but thank god for the subtitles.

What? I understand her perfectly clear!

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2022 2:02 PM

Aw, I like her. Her little home is adorable and just perfect for her, you can tell she's happy there. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2022 2:10 PM

I wonder who are paying fans are. I always liked her but I would never buy her product or pay for a concert ticket.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2022 2:14 PM

No subway tiles?

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2022 2:17 PM

Bud did she nibble on a humble salad?

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2022 2:17 PM

Is earnt an actual word in the UK, R55?

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2022 2:27 PM

She undoubtedly has very good people helping her manage her money.

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2022 6:22 PM

[quote]I still remember the mocking, shocked looks of the judges when she walked out on stage. I know they regret them now, but it's upsetting to think how quickly she was judged before she sang a single note.

I'm far too cynical to believe that it wasn't all planned. The audience probably didn't know, but I think the judges would have gotten a whisper of what was going to happen. They were just told to put on their most mocking and skeptical faces to really drive home the surprise. And then everyone could have a teachable moment about "judging a book by it's cover."

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2022 6:52 PM

Wait a minute. DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME that judges' reactions on talent shows are planned in advance and directed?

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2022 6:57 PM

She has dated in the past. She spoke a man she was dating a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2022 6:58 PM

[R31], it was a small workshop room above the garage, I think. I used to bike by it all the time and didn't know it was his place. The day after he was found the hillside next to it was crawling with fans.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2022 7:05 PM

Judging by all the charming little set-abouts, I would suspect that Susan likes taking it up the ass from rough hairy truck drivers who piss on her little clump of flowers when they leave. The place just has that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2022 7:05 PM

They're polite lory drivers who wear bow ties if they want to punch her hairy brown spider. Fraus have standards.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2022 8:41 PM

She probably has butt AND anal waxes biweekly and a large collection of agent provocateur lingerie.

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2022 8:43 PM

@r63, You're probably right, I mean didn't she have to audition to get on the show? So, someone knew that she could sing far better then she looked and decided to play that angle up. The audience didn't know, so their reaction at least was genuine

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2022 8:46 PM

R34 that exterior finish is called "pebbledash", its quite common in the UK

And I agree, its absolutely fucking hideous. Its the one thing I really dont like about that place.

Apart from that all I can say is good on her, she's done it up her way, and she seems like a very sweet innocent person who has stumbled into unexpected wealth and success

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2022 9:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!