Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In your personal opinion, which is the best streaming service?

Best value, best content.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2023 9:40 AM

seedr

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2022 7:21 PM

Best value is unquestionably Tubi. Tons of unusual TV shows and movies for FREE.

Of course they have commercials. Nothing is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2022 7:32 PM

For me, Netflix takes some beating, especially with a VPN. All the others have less selection.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2022 7:39 PM

Our HOA provides basic cable for the whole building, but it will end on June 1st and they will be providing Internet instead. So now I have to figure out where to go. I'm considering just staying with Comcast Xfinity or trying Hulu + or You Tube TV. I have a Smart TV that's 6 yrs old, I already have Hulu's basic plan, and Prime, Netflix and HBO. I've heard that Hulu + is good but I don't care about Sports or Disney "family" stuff. Someone told me about Sling TV but other people complain about how poor and unreliable it is. I may try YOu Tube. But none of them are cheap. Right now my I pay Comcast $112 a month.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2023 3:34 AM

I like Amazon best because I have their optional channels like -

Britbox

Acorn TV

MHZ

Candor

but all of these require a monthly fee to access- so it’s not cheap

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2023 3:42 AM

Fandor not Candor

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2023 3:43 AM

Tubi, which is now owned by the murdochs has everything

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2023 3:52 AM

R7 I'm not a big fan of Tubi or Peacock. I get terrible reception from both and when I do watch a movie on Tubi it looks very cheap. Low quality digital. As if Tubi pirated it from some other network.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2023 3:55 AM

Only complaint for tubi is the new ownership who are human waste, I was watching Death Becomes Her again on Tubi and giggling through all the scenes like a kid

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2023 4:05 AM

I didn't realize Google owned You Tube TV

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2023 4:13 AM

If you get Sling TV basic they don't carry Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2023 4:14 AM

Only thing I've ever paid for was HBO MAX (soon to be just MAX) and was very happy with selection of shows and movies, felt higher quality than others. I cancelled after Euphoria ended but plan on signing up again once The Idol starts in June.

I've had free Hulu, Disney+, Apple TV+ and Peacock Premium before ranging from 3 months to a year, free Amazon Prime before for a month and never felt the desire to keep them once they expired, I had seen everything I wanted to see within the time frame and haven't been excited about anything new to sign up.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2023 4:19 AM

[quote]In your personal opinion

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2023 4:33 AM

Oh forgot to add. Please comment your why you made your selection and also your age, gender, income range, ethnicity, and geographical location! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2023 4:44 AM

I pay for the following:

Netflix: Husband watches most often

Hulu: Need to cancel - rarely watch

Paramount +: Need to cancel - rarely watch. Do get the local CBC affiliate.

Peacock: Watch for local NBC affiliate and yes, for DOOL.

HBO Max: Is ok

Amazon: Is ok. Hard to find what to watch because they mix in pay content with the prime free content.

Free Tubi is high on my list when I cannot find anything to watch. I disagree about the video quality noted above. It also has the best interface of all the services. Yeah, it has some commercials, but I just check email or grab a snack.

Free Pluto is the service that has horrible video quality and chops the hell out of shows with commercials. The interface is also horrible. Too bad as they can have some decent shows, but they become unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2023 9:09 AM

I dropped Netflix in February after six years. That leaves Prime Video, & Shudder. Prime Video is superior to Netflix IMO, but I watch more Shudder, than Prime Video. And I watch more YouTube than anything else (I don't have Youtube Premium, I just use an ad blocker).

I never got rid of my fairly large DVD collection (400-500), either. So there's that. So my favorite streaming service that I pay for, is Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2023 9:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!