Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trannies Are Now Trans-Animals

Naia Ōkami (born 1994) is a transgender British Columbia wolf and red fox therianthrope. She is the founder and current administrator of Kinmunity.

Otherkin Community History

From a young age, Ōkami felt that she was "not human" on the inside. After watching the anime series Wolf's Rain at age twelve, she gained a fascination with wolves and as she read more about them and began to understand them, she began feeling as if she were "a wolf in a human body".

Ōkami first entered the online therian community through the now-defunct WereNet. She "didn't find werelist members to be the friendliest bunch" and ended up migrating to Werelist where she eventually became a docent staff member. In October of 2011, Ōkami founded the Wulf Howl otherkin community. She later founded Kinmunity in December of 2014, followed by Wolf Howl in 2020.

In February 2021, Naia confirmed that she was hellhound kin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 12, 2022 8:20 AM

And now for something completely different...

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2022 5:44 AM

I believe the correct term is transpecies.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2022 5:47 AM

Different? Naw. There are plenty of people out there ready, willing and able to prove that they're far more batshit crazy than the other guys.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2022 5:50 AM

Well, it is probably one of the next logical steps of trans ideology...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2022 5:54 AM

Fuck me. First there are the (literally) pussy whipped lesbians from my beautiful Vancouver Island who let their cats hold their blender hostage (okay - granted, that’s sorta cute), and now THIS FROM MY PROVINCE?!?

I’m still living in a hotel room after two months thanks the the great November flood, so don’t mind me as I lose it with the insanity goeing on around me: COVID and storms, wildfires and heatdomes, societal disintegration, inflation, supply shortages, and ennui are killing us all. As long as we ackowledge each others’ otherkin identities, though, it’ll be okay, right? RIGHT?! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2022 6:11 AM

I’ve said it before on here and I’ll say it again:

Is this really the only planet I can live on?

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2022 6:16 AM

This is what failed parenting looks like... Try to enforce rules so your children don't make tits of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2022 6:25 AM

R5 here: where is this stupid bitch from?! (she’s a wolf. “bitch” isn’t a slur)

“A British Columbia wolf” - but she’s lumbering her fat ass through palm trees and shit? Real British Columbia wolves are just trying to live their lives in cedar and fir forests and on the tundra and not get shot for some fucking government quota.

If this bitch really cared, she’d care about real British Columbia wolves, ffs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2022 6:26 AM

With a fat ass like that, elephant would have been a better option

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2022 6:32 AM

In 2030, all movie roles for wolves will be played by trans wolves...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2022 6:34 AM

Sorry - R5 and R8 here again. This asshole can go to hell. Here is a beautiful 8-minute film about the wolves who live on my island. This “otherkin” can go fuck herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2022 6:40 AM

Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2022 6:42 AM

I don't know, R12, I think Jesus would be the kind of dude to happily frolic with Naia.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2022 6:51 AM

R8, I don’t think the wolves know about the quota.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2022 6:52 AM

Someone find it some real wolves to interact with.

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2022 6:52 AM

The West is completely insane.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2022 6:54 AM

[quote] In 2030, all movie roles for wolves will be played by trans wolves...

In 2040, all wolf conservatory funding will go to trans wolves.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2022 6:54 AM

^^^ *conservation

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2022 6:56 AM

You people wanted to be but a letter in a "queer" alphabet soup; gang way for the furrys!

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2022 6:58 AM

These freaks think there are ten trillion genders. Not much to believe they are animals as well.

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2022 6:59 AM

She'll be horrified when she learns she can be shot for 50 cents a pelt in most states.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2022 7:02 AM

it's quite old actually. a search for otherkin or therian will pull up multiple cringe videos back when tumblr was still popular. Though you can also find it from newsgroups back in the day when furries were just socially awkward perverts hosting orgies at M.I.T.

Cyanide & Happiness put up this short in 2014

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2022 7:08 AM

I hope this information will lead terfs to put out a call to make furries perverts again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote]I don’t think the wolves know about the quota.

True, R14… and you’d think an “otherkin” who was SO into British Columbia Wolves would actually care about that but NO! It’s all about them. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2022 7:22 AM

And everyone refers to him as she on top of being a wolf. Why do people humor these nutcases? They’re making it worse.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2022 7:34 AM

oh wow. I was going to respond to the video R22 posted, but they were red-tagged!

My son is gen-Z and came of age during tumblr times, which no-doubt affected him and his friends, but you’ve got to have a lot else going on in life to just chuck everything and say, “fuck it, I’m otherkin now! I run in my mum’s backyard wearing fake animal ears and a tail I got on amazon! I’m a wolf!” Like, seriously.

I know I’ll alienate most everyone here by saying my son is actually FTM trans, but hey…🤷🏻 (come at me with the rotten tomatoes or whatever..)

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2022 7:39 AM

Stuff like this only happens in North America, what is in the water there?

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2022 8:10 AM

Fluoride

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2022 8:20 AM

Is this creature getting welfare?

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2022 8:39 AM

This thread did one good thing though... it reminded me of that weird 1998 gay movie 'The Wolves of Kromer.'

The lead actors, Lee Williams and James Layton, were very hot back then.

Hm, I just noticed that the whole movie seems to be available for free on YouTube and Vimeo. I should watch it again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2022 10:05 AM

I watched Wolf's Rain a few years ago and the only thing I experienced was pure boredom.

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2022 10:25 AM

[quote] Fuck me. First there are the (literally) pussy whipped lesbians from my beautiful Vancouver Island who let their cats hold their blender hostage (okay - granted, that’s sorta cute), and now THIS FROM MY PROVINCE?!?

r5 It's been my impression that Vancouver & British Columbia seem to filed with loons of this kind, just like Portland & Oregon.

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2022 10:31 AM

I am sorry, R26. How exhausting Aydn must be.

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2022 11:03 AM

Sidebar: To make matters worse, "Wolf's Rain" is actually a pretty decent show that he clearly didn't understand the plot of, at age 12. Leave it to yet another weirdo in the anime fan community to taint the name of a gem.

I hate it here. -_-

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote]I watched Wolf's Rain a few years ago and the only thing I experienced was pure boredom.

Repent.

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote]I know I’ll alienate most everyone here by saying my son is actually FTM trans, but hey…

So, technically, your [italic]daughter[/italic], then? Quick question, did your child also, by chance, like anime?

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2022 10:07 PM

A performance human. Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2022 10:07 PM

Hope she doesn't get lupus.

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2022 10:12 PM

She be fat, not graceful like a wolf. She has thick, pudgy hands, no paws.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2022 10:42 PM

So, r26, are you saying that believing you were born in the wrong body (ie, opposite your 'real' sex) is ok, but thinking you were born in the wrong body (ie, other than your 'real' species) is delusional?

Also, r25, are you saying that this person is a MtF transsexual along with being a Trans-animal? ('It' did seem like a male to me in the video.)

So, if I got 26's 'reasoning' accurately, this individual is not delusional because 'it' is a MtF trans, but is delusional because 'it' is also a Trans-animal.

Yep. The Sun revolves around the Moon, and Mars is Earth. Plus, there are completely changeable chromosomes in every cell of every mammal's body. Science is so great!

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2022 11:11 PM

Ōkami (狼) means wolf in Japanese. Why is this cunt appropriating a language not her own? Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2022 11:15 PM

Fuck the language-- she imposed herself on our community. Her wolface is a disgrace! She is a tranny in wolf's clothing ONLY!

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2022 11:57 PM

I watched Wolf's Rain too. I like wolves, beautiful animals and all. But watching a fantasy anime with anthropomorphic characters in a post-apocalyptic setting makes you want to be a wolf? That person clearly has issues and wants to escape from reality rather than cope with it.

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2022 12:16 AM

Did the lesbians get their cats off the box yet?

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote]a fantasy anime with anthropomorphic characters

If I recall the show correctly, the wolf characters weren't anthropomorphic, but just full-blown wolves casting some sort of "illusion" to disguise themselves as humans (see below). So, they're, technically, never human or "human-like" at any point.

I do remember thinking the way they would abruptly cut between their wolf form and human form was slightly confusing, even at 18. I can only imagine how confusing it was for a 12 year old with obvious mental health issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2022 1:45 AM

r42 you sound like a filthy BCWERF

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2022 9:47 AM

Does she do all her shitting in the woods and eats raw rabbits & squirrels?

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2022 12:57 PM

She better be careful out there. Junior Trump could end up shooting her and mount her head above his and Kimberly Guilfoyle's mantle.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2022 1:02 PM

This is what happens when you humor people with serious mental illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2022 1:08 PM

R26, I hope your son is happy. A friend of mine transitioned (MtF) and it was a long, stressful process, but she's much happier now.

I think most DLers, when they're not being deliberately snarky, are accepting of genuine transsexuals, but this 'other species' subset is just bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote] I think most DLers, when they're not being deliberately snarky, are accepting of genuine transsexuals, but this 'other species' subset is just bonkers.

In general, I agree. I don't have anything against old school transsexuals who commit to their decision and just want to live their life.

The problem is that you really cannot draw a clear line between the two. If you accept transgenderism as a valid condition (with all the legal ramifications that changing gender has in Western societies), why should you NOT accept the proclaimed condition of trans-racial, trans-chronal or trans-species people? The sad truth is that, to my knowledge, there's no clear empirical indicators that show us that transgender people were really just "born in the wrong body." We only know from imaging methods data that, neurologically, trans people do not entirely fit with their birth sex. That's all, and it could have many reasons. We might just as likely that there are slight neurological deviations in trans-chronal, trans-species, or trans-racial people...

So, to be fair, why should we give the benefit of the doubt only to transgenderism and not to the other trans people?

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2022 2:02 PM

I remember when being "transspecies" was a joke on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

We are now beyond parody.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2022 2:04 PM

As if gay men were the ones to judge...

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2022 2:06 PM

[quote]We only know from imaging methods data that, neurologically, trans people do not entirely fit with their birth sex.

Not true. There is no brain scan that can identify a female brain vs a male brain vs a trans brain.

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2022 4:18 PM

I’ll be a sloth. Not far from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2022 4:23 PM

Trans-species is fundamentally an attention-seeking gimmick.

There are a couple or so of cases in history whereby a lost or abandoned child was raised by wolves in the wild, and exhibit wolf-type behavior extensively.

This trans character's attempt at imitation is crude, lame, silly/comical, and void of being convincing in mimicking any very elementary-level of wolf characterizations.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2022 4:32 PM

This is the fault of the Boomers. They didn’t teach their millennial kids to compromise, they never told them no to anything.

So when a millennial hears what being a woman is, she sees one thing on the list she disagrees with, points to that thing and shrieks “THATS NOT ME SO IM NON-BINARY!!!”

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2022 4:45 PM

Millennials raised by Silent Gen grandparents or by Gen X seem more well-adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2022 5:35 PM

Alright, deep breaths and get ready, because I have a LOT to say and none of it good.

As I see it (and ymmv):

1. As someone born in 1993 and raised by Boomer parents, allow me to preface my critical screed by apologising on behalf of this misguided, developmentally-challenged, self-absorbed, and frankly foolish member of my generation. Everything about his performance in this video is utterly pathetic, shameful and embarrassing. Thankfully, there aren’t too many of us like him. I feel so sorry for his mother.

2. Wolves do not wear collars & tags. Not even in captivity. That’s the provenance of a domesticated dog. If one is going to role-play as a particular animal with a view to immersing inside an anthropomorphic fantasy, it is probably better to maintain accuracy where possible.

3. Running—well, more like desperately puffing and scrambling and flailing—through the woods dressed in cheap costume jewellery, tight skinny jeans and Converse is not it. Take it from me, a lesbian born and raised in the rural backwoods. At least take off the dangling pendants, and get you some heavy-duty boots with tread and a pair of roomy combats before you hurt yourself, boy. Plus, stop clomping so carelessly around and disturbing a living ecosystem with your RP bullshit, you’re scaring the wildlife and damaging fauna.

4. 90s kids & babies were not supervised enough online, and here is the proof. Looking back on my own lost days as a nerdy lonely preteen using the Wild West late-90s message boards, I myself remember blithely chatting to certain users who were clearly much older than me, who had some anti-social and warped beliefs or values or kinks, and who likely had nefarious intentions for knowingly talking to a minor online. I imagine that had I prolonged or deepened these connections, they would have had highly detrimental effects on my development into adulthood. ‘Naia’s’ suspiciously-specific disclaimer that the KinSpot mapping feature on his website does not allow minors to use it is...interesting.

5. Sidebar, I am curious to know exactly why our subject so vehemently rejects the label of ‘hacker’; suppose he finds it offensive, like being called a ‘white male autogynephile weaboo’. Also, I wonder with which colour ‘hat’ of hacker he would most closely align according to his activity. By loose definition, I optimistically assume that he is either a ‘white hat’ or ‘red hat’ hacker, considering that he seems ethically to favour security-based activity.

6. How is a ‘third-party dream’ indicative that your alleged animus inhabits some other body of a different species? How is *any* dream, recurrent or otherwise, substantial proof of that? How does someone who’s intelligent enough to program computers and build digital locks for a living fail to grasp the accepted biomechanics and psychometrics of sleeping and dreaming?

7. “That is me. I don’t know how, but...that energy, that entire form EMBODIES me.” This is another way of describing possession. Prior to this comment, he describes the symptoms of disembodiment. Not to mention he lives the rest his waking life outside the woods at obvious and stark avoidant remove from most other people and animals, instead choosing to exist in part through a virtual avatar. But that’s none of our business.

8. “No-one wants to be a wolf when it’s time to do ‘Wolf Shit’, like tearing apart a defenceless animal”. Neither does he want to, unless he has a taxidermy hobby he isn’t disclosing. If one truly felt a cerebral or cellular accordance with a canine or vulpine creature, surely one would elect or even need to communicate and behave like such a creature moreso than as a human, i.e. by eschewing human speech and diet and clothing and domicile. We see this clearly in the clinical presentation of so-called ‘feral children’. This man, however, applies and wears makeup, sleeps in a bed with washed sheets inside a house with high-security digital locks, keeps a fridge stocked with herbivorous foods, and prioritises a relationship with a computer—hardly a wild thing.

TBC...

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2022 7:45 PM

9. If Naia is WolfKin, and his fellow kinny friend is for instance DeerKin, does that mean Naia has the natural and legal right to kill and eat his friend? And does it mean that a hunter out with a gun and a dog has a right to kill Naia if provoked by him? Just want to know what are the rules of this brave new world.

10. “You can’t have this idealistic and wonderful view of something that isn’t in line with reality.” Ok, who’s gonna tell him? And these man-children wonder why so-called ‘Staceys’ and ‘Beckys’ won’t talk to them...

11. “I’m just saying—I identify as a wolf, because I’m a wolf.” Ugh. Solipsistic tautology. Next.

12. Not to kink-shame, but the only people who wouldn’t be disgusted, or least somewhat confused and slightly-repulsed, by a gift from a loved one of realistic furred ears and a tail to wear, have a fairly twisted idea of a love language. Further, I wouldn’t strictly call it ‘artistry’ to craft animal costumes for a market of anime-obsessed creeps, but admittedly there is a small level of craftsmanship involved, and apparently it is shrewd if niche business.

13. “[By play-acting as a wolf] I can release all my caged feelings and emotions”. This is why many men play and watch organised sports. Testosterone needs an outlet, even and especially for pasty autistic nerdlings. A lot of men also like to connect socially on such levels, and bond best when engaged in such animalistic pastimes (even very-stereotypical gays adore the gym, or badminton, or dog/fitness-walking). Here’s hoping our subject looks into becoming a fan of a clannish and aggressive sport like pro-wrestling, football, or CrossFit—though of course the problem with that is it would entail coming into close frequent contact with stronger more socially-adjusted men who don’t espouse dangerous and borderline-criminal paraphilias...

14. It should be no surprise that a young man with apparent impediment to releasing his aggression and with no obvious mode of releasing his sexual feelings wants to be known as a rapacious predator that in our collective symbolic imagination has a cool and sexy albeit predatory archetype. What big teeth you have...

15. “There’s no-one here to really judge me.” And that is an issue. There’s such thing as healthy low-level doses of social shame. Sometimes you actually need a little bit of encouragement to integrate and a bit of mockery for something antisocial you may be doing. This doesn’t mean abandoning all your notions, or dropping all your quirky interests, or dressing/acting like an average nondescript drone. It is possible to stand out from a crowd and assert an individuality safely, without alienating and repulsing everyone around you by taking on troubling cult-like ideologies. This young man may need intensive therapy to ever grasp and accept this.

16. A lifelong fascination with locks and alarms implies at best a high degree of autism and possibly some overprotective parenting, and at worst an extreme case of CSA. In either instance, fuelling/enabling delusions of disembodiment and doubling-down on paranoiac measures is not helping this young man to grow past any childhood traumas or developmental delays. Any partner, friend, colleague or guardian he has at this point is enabling him.

17. Why did Naia inform the local newspaper about his transitioning? Is that the done thing in British Columbia?

TBC...

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2022 7:47 PM

18. ‘Okami’ is of course the general Japanese language term for a wolf or wolf-spirit, but also the title of a cult video-game that was very popular when Naia was growing up. You see from where this stems and where it is likely going.

19. It is not necessary to wear makeup to exist as a woman/female. It never has been, though conventional Western capitalism—the society which this young man has claimed so vilifies and shuns him for his whimsies—will prefer civilians to believe otherwise, because this suits the needs of the competence hierarchy set up by and for powerful men who lust dependent and compliant fuckdolls instead of real normal women. Please no-one attempt to clap back here with any comments about ‘sex-positivity’ or ‘the war on femininity’, because I will tear your head off over that quicker than any wolfman. Conversely, it is not necessary that a straight/bi/whatever man to refrain from wearing makeup because he is not a drag queen. Naia really did not need to invent an entirely different persona in order to experiment safely with glam (not him describing the historical vampy/goth makeup look as “Wolfy”, as if he invented it—not everything is about you and your fetish...)

20. Our subject refuses to grow facial hair because he’s terrified and ashamed of what it means to see a visibly grown man in the mirror who is overly and fetishistically attracted to youth and to animals, as he should be. Chilling that his ‘friends’ pointed out his euphoric state evident when he can get away with indulging his fetishes in public. Throughout this interview, he has a self-satisfied “gotcha” smirk on his face, because he gets off on forcing polite well-intentioned people to sign off on his craziness.

21. “Because of society’s huge negativity about transgender people...” Oh, he means that informed prejudice of which no-one’s seen any real signs (fake statistics, yes; hard evidence, no), in the world where gays and lesbians and women are abused everyday.

22. There’s case to say that, via misrepresentation and insidious adherence to regressive trends, he is in fact hurting others, mostly homosexuals and females. Collateral damage necessarily arises from wrongful insistence that it is possible as a human male to successfully and biologically alter one’s sex/sexuality, and then assert oneself as hermeneutically female-canine (please note the offensive corollary there). By association, he is also sullying the public image of reputable computer programmers/IT security workers (many of whom play a crucial part for public protection in our online age), lupine/vulpine/canine enthusiasts (many of whom work in important roles for ecological conversation), and ‘internet geeks’ (many of whom have entirely harmless and inoffensive hobbies and interests). “I have a job; I have a life; I have to be professional”, he opines, while voluntarily appearing on television, dressed in his kink get-up and twirling around his childlike bedroom, for all including his boss and coworkers and family/friends to see.

23. “We’re all united in this shared experience.” Tell me your ‘community’ is a cult that is recruiting without saying it’s a cult that is recruiting...

24. It is next-level clueless entitlement for a white Western man, of means and able physical health and relative basic mental stability, nominally assuming a name and sex and implied ethnicity of lesser societal privilege, as if it were a fun pasttime such as cosplay. Real Asians, real females, and real people suffering cognitive be distortions in their sense of reality cannot ever remove their biological attributes for social gain or ease. This man will never experience the deprivations of sexism, racism, or the stigma of being sectioned for poor mental health (though maybe that last one is a glimmer on the horizon).

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2022 7:48 PM

[quote]If one is going to role-play as a particular animal with a view to immersing inside an anthropomorphic fantasy, [bold]it is probably better to maintain accuracy where possible.[/bold]

Why would that matter? (LMAO)

This 'person' is delusional. He/she/it can be multiple things at once. Hell, he/she/it is a T, as in Transformer. He/she/it could be a bus with antlers. It's all the same.

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2022 9:27 PM

Naia is one confused wannabe canine.

Foxy Loxy had the beautiful tail.

Naia looks like she has a rolled-up shredded carpet strapped to her butt cheeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2022 10:10 PM

Let's let her loose in Yellowstone and see how long she lasts.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2022 10:14 PM

Gay men are the only people who CAN judge.

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2022 10:23 PM

Don't know what woods she visits. But if a hungry cougar is around, and thinks she is a stray wolf from her pack, then.....

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2022 10:24 PM

She would be more convincing as a juvenile sasquatch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote] “Shout out most of all—even if you HATE me—to the person who got me these ears & tail. Cuz I look fabulous!”

Hilarious that the closing remark of the video seems to be a backhanded dig at a former friend or partner (earlier in the video, Naia refers to the same gifter as someone close and special to him), who must have dipped real quick when this batshittery escalated.

Good for them, whoever they are, hope they’re living their best life (one with no Furries or T/Enbies or AGPs in it).

by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2022 11:16 PM

It’s always some exciting critter like a wolf or big cat, never anything like a cow…

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2022 11:22 PM

Yas.

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2022 11:23 PM

R34/R43 24 yes, WOLF’S RAIN is a very beautifully-animated allegorical story, written and drawn by a group of talented Asian artists (majority female, if I’m not mistaken), which explores and elucidates the suffering within a dystopia caused in part by a chasm in social wealth/health privation in the wake of an apocalypse event, as well the problems caused when certain seperatist social groups attempt futilely to transcend death or metamorphose their own bodies to order to fit in with universally-fatal consequences.

The tragic deuteragonist, the cursed nobleman wolf Lord Darcia III, even attempts to unmake the entire world by magical means and then regenerate it, in order that he might lift his family’s curse of a wasting soul-sickness from his wife & lover Lady Harmona. And he succeeds. In ending the whole of reality and extincting all life in a timeline. Because he was a privileged, delusional and spoiled young man (again, let me reiterate—NOT the hero) who would not come to terms with a sadness and accept his circumstances.

So it’s no wonder Naia likes it so much, though he missed the damn point by miles. Ah, to be blissfully shallow and stupid as a nerdbro.

by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2022 11:36 PM

I think more people should identify themselves like this, so I can walk away from them as soon as possible. Tedious madness will be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2022 11:54 PM

Yes, r71, it's produced by the same studio that created Cowboy Bebop (BONES); another masterpiece that should've never been touched by Netflix with a live action version that I absolutely refuse to watch. No disrespect to John Cho, but come on...that's a classic. Netflix pulled the same nonsense with their live action film version of Death Note. And I will never forgive them for it, no matter how decent Willem Dafoe's portrayal of Ryuk, was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 16, 2022 11:58 PM

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!!

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2022 12:06 AM

R74 Naia has appropriated from so many different groups it’s actually headspinning.

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2022 12:15 AM

[quote]Okami’ is of course the general Japanese language term for a wolf or wolf-spirit, but also the title of a cult video-game that was very popular when Naia was growing up.

I'm thinking he was going for a literal Japanese translation of the term "inner-wolf" being that he chose the first name Naia. The Japanese for inside or inner is 内 (uchi) but it's usually paired with another kanji when it's pronounced as 'nai.' For example, contents (i.e. like the contents of a package) would be naiyou 内容。I guess he didn't want to be too literal, otherwise, he'd call himself "Uchinaru Okami" 内なる狼 which literally would translate to "inner wolf" but doesn't have that same "exotic ring" to it, I guess. Who knows. I only studied Japanese for like 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2022 12:19 AM

Oh, and I'm surprised the anime Ranma 1/2 isn't as popular with these types considering its storyline is literally about a guy who's (hilariously) cursed to turn into a girl whenever he's splashed with cold water...

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2022 12:23 AM

R69 bingo. They never pick prey animals. Or anything non-mammal either. Only ever cute furry predators or protected species, with a certain cultural cachet.

Men don’t know, and don’t want to know, what it’s like to be considered the social equivalent to prey or cattle.

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2022 12:32 AM

Roger on American Dad likes to pretend. It is a cartoon show.

Naia presents to be a wolf but acknowledges she isn't a physical wolf.

If the physicality doesn't exist, then the mental and emotional identity one is using to label oneself a wolf, has no molecular foundation. Her "feelings" are less genuine, and more about adapting a fantasy escape mechanism.

People can claim to have a "spirit" connection with another species. Does Naia claim to be reincarnated and was a wolf in a former life? I didn't hear her say that.

The whole act is sad and stupid in her quest for validation, and of course, in her need for attention.

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2022 12:37 AM

We are on the side of science

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2022 12:37 AM

Tbf to Naia—and I don’t want to be, he’s obviously got distressing problems that could easily turn in scary and fucked-up directions soon—it’s no less stupid or illogical than a genuine belief in the omnipresent Abrahamic Lord and Saviour sat on a cloud watching over, who loves us humans all yet constantly tries to kill us with natural disasters, wars, famine, systemised abuse, etc.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2022 12:45 AM

Cool.

So go find yourself a pack of wild wolves and move in with them.

And be sure to film the hilarity that will ensue.

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2022 12:49 AM

Already been done r82:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2022 1:15 AM

Dear God, there's some weeaboos on this thread...🤦‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2022 1:20 AM

Robby Benson was more of a horse.

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2022 1:25 AM

Dude, enjoying certain anime shows does not a weaboo make. Grow up, r84.

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2022 1:28 AM

People under the age of 40 grew up with anime. It's been mainstream since the early 2000s. Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura actually had gay couples as main characters before most American TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2022 2:44 AM

The wolf has a very short digestive tract compared to a human.

Is they/them willing to shorten their intestine and get surgery for species confirmation?

Wait! I don't want to give it any ideas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2022 2:58 AM

[quote] another masterpiece that should've never been touched by Netflix with a live action version that I absolutely refuse to watch.

It’s a fucking Japanese cartoon. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 89January 17, 2022 4:34 AM

Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece of animation. Should never have touched. Cinephiles can appreciate anime and see it as more than a cartoon. Many have masterful storytelling and creativity that is unparalleled by American animation which is just only now breaking out of cheaply animated kids and adult comedy territory.

by Anonymousreply 90January 17, 2022 4:36 AM

r90 Gets it. Anime isn't just exclusively "cartoons for kids" in Japanese culture. It's just another way to tell stories. Most are aimed toward older teens and adults. That includes manga.

I mean, look at Deadpool. That's probably the first Marvel comic geared toward adults, turned live action. But actually done well. Same concept. Different execution.

by Anonymousreply 91January 17, 2022 5:02 AM

Blade is another one.

by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2022 5:02 AM

The Maxx, Aeon Flux and Spawn in the 90s were good short-lived attempts. The 2000s had Avatar: The Last Airbender which I think was a gamechanger because it's fandom is mostly adults and it's writing was not squarely at kids. The DC Animated Universe which started with Batman: The Animated Series in the 90s is still going strong with direct-to-video movies and recent shows like Young Justice and Harley Quinn.

There several animated films, mostly by Ralph Bahski, in the 70s and 80s like Wizards, The Lord of the Rings, Coonskin, Fire and Ice and Rock N Rule which attempted to tell adult stories. Disney tried with The Black Cauldron, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Treasure Planet to aim at an older audience.

by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2022 5:10 AM

Simon MacCorkindale did it first and hotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2022 5:34 AM

[quote] [R90] Gets it. Anime isn't just exclusively "cartoons for kids" in Japanese culture.

Yes dear it’s masterful storytelling.

Now let me get you some Nesquik to have with your Lunchables.

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2022 6:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2022 6:36 AM

r94 for NEETs and weeaboos, maybe.

animekisa tv/keijo-dubbed

animekisa tv/shimoneta-a-boring-world-where-the-concept-of-dirty-jokes-doesnt-exist-dubbed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2022 6:42 AM

Right, r95. All anime is definitely for children. 10 points. Especially shows like Black Lagoon. Absolutely for children. 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2022 7:17 AM

Yep. Totes for kids.

Retard. -_-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2022 7:20 AM

Oh please do spare us r98 and r99. A cartoon is a cartoon, even if its subject matter is teenboy extreme, lol!

by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2022 7:21 AM

Ok? And? That's your argument. "iT's aNiMaTiON tHO?" Really? I don't think we're the children here if that's your reasoning for writing the entire genre off as juvenile, but by all means continue.

by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2022 7:25 AM

Millennials think that randomly capitalized letters in a word denotes a fierce takedown. Go back to your cartoons, junior.

by Anonymousreply 102January 17, 2022 7:33 AM

An actual image of r101:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 17, 2022 7:36 AM

If you're not disavowing this nonsense to everyone you know, you support it. Silence is violence. Drop the homophobic ideology.

by Anonymousreply 104January 17, 2022 7:44 AM

I see. So, your age spots have age spots. Duly noted.

AARP raise their rates for 2022? You're oddly bitter and passionate about a topic you claim to be puerile to discuss like the "grown up" you claim to be.

by Anonymousreply 105January 17, 2022 7:47 AM

Dude looks like a fucking mess

by Anonymousreply 106January 17, 2022 8:11 AM

So mental wards are really occupied by Trans-Presidents, Trans-Aliens, Trans-Parental Units, Trans-Vegetables,....?

by Anonymousreply 107January 17, 2022 8:41 AM

[quote] She "didn't find werelist members to be the friendliest bunch"

We’re werewolves not swearwolves.

by Anonymousreply 108January 17, 2022 8:50 AM

This guy needs to be surrounded by people who tell him over and over he isn't a woman and he isn't a wolf and he isn't a woman who identifies as a wolf, he is a man. A man a man a man.

Your feelings do not constitute material reality. Whether you want to be a man or not, you are one, and have to accept that.

It probably won't work, but it can't be worse than the current insane trend towards supporting these people in their delusions.

by Anonymousreply 109January 17, 2022 9:27 AM

Otherkin? I though that shit died.

Fucking Tumblr...

We need to dial shit back to the IRC days.

by Anonymousreply 110January 17, 2022 9:36 AM

R95 Grandma, please go back to the retirement home and enjoy your endless reruns of Bonanza and Gomer Pyle.

by Anonymousreply 111January 17, 2022 12:09 PM

Never thought I’d sorely miss the days when all the anaemic hypersensitive sexually-passagg boy-men would just flat-iron their hair, draw on eyeliner, get a snakebite piercing and channel all their whining into songs for their posthardcore MySpace band. But here we are.

by Anonymousreply 112January 17, 2022 12:30 PM

[quote] It’s a fucking Japanese cartoon. Relax.

I want to say the same to all the Madge, Judy, Barbra and Gaga stans on this site. They are just celebrities. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 113January 17, 2022 12:31 PM

The most depressing part is that the majority of comments on the video say things to the effect of her, ‘good for her living her best life so free and liberated in her truth!!! wish I could be more like that’.

Tf? This is a mentally-ill incel and homophobe with a fetish for anime girls and animals, and these people (some of them kids & women themselves) are lauding him for it. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 114January 17, 2022 8:32 PM

Society needs to quit indulging these types.

I once read an article about how the internet has led to a rise in incels and white supremacists and such. It's main thesis was that they now find an echo chamber that reinforces their beliefs and makes them worse. That's what's going on here too.

by Anonymousreply 115January 17, 2022 9:53 PM

Beware, Little Red Riding Hood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 17, 2022 10:09 PM

I love this. I hope it gets loads more attention. I hope more & more strange folk come forward. It is the best advert for how psycho bizarre all this stuff is. Really Emperor's New Clothes stuff. Can't get enough attention for being trans, so then we got trans race, trans ethnicity(looking at you Hilaria), now trans animal. What fuckery will come up next. Can't wait, how about trans alien, trans plant?

What a humous place we are in history!

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2022 12:05 AM

R117 that’s a good point. The more Clown World this Transanity situation gets, the more everyday sane humane people will peak and turn on the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2022 12:08 AM

Oprah should do a 2 part 3hour interview with WereBoy/Girl, complete with video clips of were's jungle escapades. Then mating, giving birth. Hunting & eating prey. Please Oprah Please. Anyone got a fake Emmy to dangle under her nose

by Anonymousreply 119January 18, 2022 12:22 AM

R64, I'm picturing Lumpy Space Princess among the wolves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 18, 2022 12:37 AM

R110 to my shame I do still use tumblr (in secret, obviously), but only to chat and bitch and despair with my fellow soccer fangirls about matches & players (all the other major platforms are full of misogynist dicks droning on about stats & Football Manager). There’s a lot of us using that part of the site, and we aren’t disturbed by weirdos much, so the discussions are always lively and popping.

If you have a relatively normative niche interest, tumblr is a decently user-friendly place to communicate and share content. It’s so annoying that the crazy incel cartoon-obsessed perverts ruin the experience for everyone else, and made it a dirty and notorious webspace.

by Anonymousreply 121January 18, 2022 11:16 AM

These sick fucks probably sexually abuse animals.

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2022 11:24 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 123January 18, 2022 11:33 AM

R123. We need to encourage Trans of all types to band together because they are so important, so vital, so SPECIAL. However, they should be on their own because we as gays will drag them down, because we are nowhere near as special & wonderful, brave, etc. as they are. Some gays may envy how unique & special they are, so Trans of all types need to be in their own group. They need their own flag, own parades, drop in centers, etc. These can be the umbrella for ALL trans to be honored & respected as they emerge. Trans-animals just the tip of the iceberg of trans that are hiding due to fear.

Go Trans go, start your own thing, PLEASE!!

by Anonymousreply 124January 18, 2022 6:35 PM

If someone wants to pretend to be an animal and make believe outside. I don't care.

Same with transgender. Doesn't affect me. I respect the pronouns.

I think some of the extremists get way more bothered by indifference then hostility. Most people are too concerned with their own lives to be bothered by these identities. So when people ignore them they get annoyed because they want attention even if it's negative.

by Anonymousreply 125January 18, 2022 7:45 PM

The pretender wants attention and a gimmick to shock. This hideous charade will expire in a rather short period of time. Ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 126January 18, 2022 10:02 PM

R123 Pedophiles are also trying to attach themselves to us.

by Anonymousreply 127January 18, 2022 10:05 PM

That's what R123 meant by "MAPS", R127.

I prefer using the term you used when referring to these people, however.

by Anonymousreply 128January 18, 2022 10:08 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 129January 18, 2022 10:10 PM

This is why they hate us and will bring back insane asylums

by Anonymousreply 130January 18, 2022 10:30 PM

Trans is going to end up the same way as the mortgage crisis—bad faith and bad practise eventually becoming undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 131January 18, 2022 10:32 PM

Trans-animals should be put on trains and sent out to pasture to live in the wilderness.

See how they would survive hunting for their food and shitting in the woods. They would want to be human so fast.

by Anonymousreply 132January 19, 2022 10:30 PM

Deadly T-Gal strikes again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 12, 2022 5:49 AM

I've never met a trans-animal. Never known anyone who knew one. Have never heard of one over age 30, either. What's going on here is that this isn't a thing anyone needs to worry about. Wolfgirl from the video will grow out of this. In the meantime, people are fucking maaaaad here tho, aren't they? Check out R5 - mad as hell. Why? Nothing this person does in the woods with their clip-on tail affects me or my life or the lives of anyone I know. They can have at it as far as I'm concerned. There are people doing actual bad shit in the world, causing real harm, killing and wounding. I'll save my ire for them.

This is the latest moral panic and nothing more. The 2022 equivalent of the satanic child abuse panic.

by Anonymousreply 134March 12, 2022 8:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!