Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Holland is the new face of Prada

Ok, I get that he’s a big deal right now, especially after the latest Spider-Man’s super success, but he is no model. I mean, come on. He’s “cute” but his face isn’t that of a model. He’s short too. This isn’t hot. It looks like a 15 year old trying to be sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 7:24 PM

Looks great to me.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 7:57 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about this boring little nothing.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 7:59 PM

Well, he only made $10mm for Spider-man No Way Home compared to Maguire's $15mm for his third Spidey movie PLUS Maguire also got 7.5%.

Holland is making pennies compared to other big name Marvel actors, so he needs to be pushing merch.

Hemsworth made $15mm for the last Thor (Hemsworth's third solo) and will get $20mm for the next one.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 8:02 PM

He is simply too small to pull of these clothes. I’m short myself so I’m not hating… but you can’t pull off big baggy clothes like these and not look childish.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 8:03 PM

R3 He probably is getting a percentage of the box office.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 9:05 PM

$10 million isn’t coins.

And Maguire was far more prolific in the role. It was a different time and era. He was the first massive superhero movie.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 9:06 PM

Yes already a thread, dumbass

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Christopher Reeves says “WHAT!”

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 9:09 PM

On some talk show they said he was 5'7".

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 9:13 PM

Yes. He’s very short and it’s obvious.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote] Yes. He’s very short and it’s obvious.

As he should be, especially in the MCU. Spider-Man is usually depicted as shorter than most other superheroes.

[quote] I'm so sick of hearing about this boring little nothing

Oh please. He’s good looking, has a KILLER body, and is charming and effective in his role. There’s about a hundred other celebrities more qualified than him in the ‘boring little nothing’ pagent.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 9:32 PM

R7 yeah, the one you made after seeing this one. Like you continuously do to threads here, Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 9:34 PM

The second photo is pitiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 12:30 PM

He's welcome to sit on my face.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 12:42 PM

Remember back in the day the days of the covers of GQ magazine, male calendar models and male strippers had to be actually gorgeous and handsome in the face!?!

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 1:20 PM

Jake + Tom = Prada couple?

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 1:21 PM

He's cute and looks nice. No complaints. I find his simple boy next door wholesomeness refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 1:24 PM

He isn’t good looking at all R11. Standards have fallen so fucking low.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 1:25 PM

People need to get a life instead of getting triggered by magazine cover models.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 1:28 PM

He looks great.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 1:32 PM

He’s sexy enough to me.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 1:35 PM

Prada looks like shit and is overpriced even by Prada standards. $2000 for a pair of nylon pants is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 1:41 PM

He's better looking than Tobey who is unattractive and Andrew who is dorky. He also actually looked like a teenager thus more appropriate for the role of Peter Parker as opposed to the other two who like grad students.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 1:46 PM

R23 disagree

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 2:00 PM

Even as a kid, I always thought Tobey was ugly and looked 10 years older than his character which he was. James Franco was better looking as Harry. Andrew Garfield was cute but nothing special and he also looked too old to be in high school.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 2:03 PM

He should be the face of the inside of a paper bag. I want to say to his fan girls what Homer Simpson once sarcastically said to a rice cake: "Hello? Taste? Where are you?!"

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 2:06 PM

R25 James Franco was SUPPOSED to be better looking as Harry. It’s literally part of his character in the film

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 2:07 PM

Tom is conventionally attractive. I'm confused as to why people are saying he's ugly or unworthy of being famous. He just doesn't look like a cartoon character with tons of plastic surgery and pumped up on steroids. He looks more like he belongs in an 80s teen film set in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 2:10 PM

Exactly, R27. Harry was supposed to be handsome, smart, rich--to seemingly have it all. Yet he was miserable.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 2:10 PM

I feel like like a1970's parent trying to understand their kids' crushes (Leif Garrett, Mark Hamill, David Cassidy), when they were spoiled by the likes of Montgomery Clift, Ricky Nelson, and Tab Hunter.

I came of age in the 1990's--an era where JFK Jr, Denzel Washington, and an array of male supermodels reigned supreme. To go from that to a short man with no lips and the body of a 12-year-old boy is depressing. However, I do recognize tastes change and Tom Holland is the modern day ideal for some inexplicable reason.

Still, the popularity of Jacob Elordi gives me hope that brighter days are ahead! He's hope and change wrapped up in 6'5" and190 lbs of pure sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 2:25 PM

^ at your age, there's no brighter days ahead...

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 2:30 PM

Spiderman is famous; Tom Holland isn't famous. But good on him for maximizing his time in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 2:34 PM

I think he needs to do something with his career and show range. I think he tried with those two films-one called Cherry- but they didn't land at all. Will uncharted be it? It might be a hit but I dont think it looks great. Zendeya's career seems more focussed on longevity.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 2:55 PM

While his attempts at showing his range tend to crash and burn, an action/adventure movie starring him and Mark Wahlberg is almost guaranteed to be a money printing machine...especially since it will be released in "Dumpuary" (February..the Special Olympics of the box office...when even a bad film can beat its equally inferior competitors if it has more stars).

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 3:16 PM

I was just about to say Uncharted may do fine but it’s because it has Wahlberg too

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 3:18 PM

Which begs the question…WHY?

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2022 3:52 PM

OP moonface Ewwdwin M. from Brooklyn what do you know about fashion? You use paper plates and buy all of your XXXXXL shirts at Ross dress for less.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!