Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Idiots waiting hours in line at Disney World to buy a popcorn bucket

I’m not even going to criticize Disney anymore for the significant decrease in the parks experience in recent years, when they clearly have so many lemmings trained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2022 9:46 PM

Disney has weaponized FOMO.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 4:41 PM

Anyone who is an adult Disney-phile has mental issues, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 4:43 PM

R2 how do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 6:14 PM

They are are RESELLING the buckets! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 6:19 PM

[Quote] how do you mean?

They're childish adults who never grew up.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 6:26 PM

I TOLD YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 6:30 PM

Anything to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 6:30 PM

r3 r5 and going to disneyworld/land is like heading into the heart of a riot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 6:30 PM

I’ve never been to Disney. I think I missed the boat. Disney is…something else now. The magic is dead. It’s too corporate and cash grabby now.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 6:34 PM

What's so special about this bucket? Why are people clamoring for one?

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 6:37 PM

r10 see r6.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 6:43 PM

R9 the magic was never there to begin with. All the hypercapitalist dream ravings of a long-dead plagiarising bowdlerising Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 7:14 PM

R2/R5 true. The most damaged adult I know is big into Disneyana (collects merch, visited parks yearly pre-COVID, goes to premieres etc), and is now a militant FTM (we knew each as little girls on the playground) with severe developmental delays.

At age 30, this woman only hangs out with College freshers; is a borderline Furry/Anthro obsessed with roleplay gaming and DeviantArt (a more depraved glitchy and archaic website than this one, for those who don’t know); and is definitely in the darkest depths of the closet (mentally-contorting herself out of nasty plain old difficult lesbianism by chopping her tits off and taking HRT).

I remember that back in the day she desperately wanted to fuck the likes of Kiera Knightley and/or Orlando Bloom as Legolas in a stalkerish way (she has cutouts in her bedroom) but couldn’t admit to it, blind to the fact that she’s a basement dweller who looks like a dumpy Eastern European troll and therefore can’t approach beautiful glam actors just like that. She’s nuts. I only used to hang out with her out of pity, and because I kept pissing off every other kid in the school by being a smartass (I was the gay hissy clever one).

Then again, her Mom is an agoraphobe goth depressive, obsessed with cartoons and computers and techno, who raised her on some pretty nutty content from the crib, so perhaps it isn’t her fault and she had no chance in life from the jump. I’m basically compassionate to her impossible family life, but wary of her anyway (we cut ties long ago, I couldn’t hang with all that).

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2022 7:24 PM

Hi! I collect plastic crap made in China cuz Disney!

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote][R9] the magic was never there to begin with. All the hypercapitalist dream ravings of a long-dead plagiarising bowdlerising Nazi.

God, you're such a Commie!

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 8:16 PM

AliExpress have them for $5 each.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 8:20 PM

R5 My ex business partner was a Disneyphile. Utter moron with zero self-awareness. You are correct.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 8:36 PM

R13 You kinda sound like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 8:38 PM

I don't get people who respond to some nonsense threads with an A4-page essay. Triggered much?

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 8:41 PM

I grew up in the Orlando area, and my family used to go to the parks about once a year. It was fun and not outrageously expensive, and there were no reservations or fastpasses or crap like that. You picked a day and you went. These days, you have to have to plan your vacation like a space shuttle launch and pay out the ass or you ride two rides the whole day. It fucking sucks, and anyone who pays a fortune to be another data point on Disney's spreadsheets is retarded.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 8:54 PM

"I'm really excited to show another man's children Disney World."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 8:59 PM

[quote]It’s too corporate and cash grabby now.

It was ALWAYS corporate. They were just better at hiding it. The management of Disneyland is much better at maintaining the illusion of it being magical, likely because they make their money primarily from locals.

Call me a broken Disney-phile if you wish, but I actually did book a trip for this fall for the EPCOT 40th anniversary. I think it'll probably be the last Disney trip I ever make until there are significant changes in how they do things. I'm just looking forward to the rides being walk-ons that day. Last year on the WDW 50th anniversary, no one was on line for rides at the Magic Kingdom, because they were all too busy lining up for merchandise and food. There were even fistfights at the Emporium (the big store on Main Street) before the park even officially opened. Perhaps even worse than the Figment bucket, they gave out free anniversary park maps to everyone who was there, and those things ended up on eBay for high prices, and it was pure profit.

If you want to have fun in Orlando, go to Universal. They're not as cohesive as Disney, but the things they do better, they do SOOOOO much better.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2022 11:28 AM

One of the only good things they did for their 50th anniversary was add a light show to Spaceship Earth. The same day they had the absurd lines for the Figment buckets, they debuted a new addition to it, which was the Muppets doing "Rainbow Connection." And it's wonderful. Why can't they do more stuff like that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2022 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!