Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL People- I am a KLUTZ

This morning a cracked my glass whistling tea kettle that I bought a few years ago at Kmart- it's imported from Germany. I never would have guessed a store like Kmart would sell ANYTHING imported from Germany.

I had my ginger tea steeping before I broke the kettle. I had my large green mug with white polka dots on my desk. By mistake I elbowed it off my desk- it smashed and splattered onto the floor. What's wrong with me today. Fortunately when I bought the mugs on Amazon it was an EIGHT pack. I'm on my third mug already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 8:41 PM

that is a fucking ugly mug

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 1:28 PM

Have you tried losing weight dear? Fat people are famously clumsy

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 1:29 PM

R1- Thanks. Your BITCHINESS made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Those curved handles are stupid. Why do people buy mugs, which are designed to hold HOY things, with handles that only fit two fingers? Get a grip, man.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 1:36 PM

Here is a photo of the Glass Whistling tea kettle I broke this morning. Knowing how clumsy I am I have a back up that I'm already soaking to use this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 1:41 PM

It self selects for classy, elegant lady fingers dear. Obvi, how would your fat paws know when you chug barrels on the regular r4? Poor dear, so sheltered.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 1:42 PM

My hands are elegant and strong R6, ideal for face-slapping bitches like you.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote]mugs, which are designed to hold HOY things

HOY THINGS

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 1:52 PM

That's more like a cup OP. A mug should have a base as wide as the brim. The polka dot green is cute.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 2:53 PM

[quote] I never would have guessed a store like Kmart would sell ANYTHING imported from Germany.

You never thought Kmart would have a ($12.00 at Walmart) carafe? You can also buy 6 of those hideous green mugs & a stand for $32.00. The Chinese probably sell those discount wares even cheaper. Just because you over paid for your discount wares (on Amazon) does not make them exotic or special.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 2:59 PM

R10- Walmart has a delivery charge which makes it slightly more costly than Amazon ( I'm a Prime member).

Everyone here is hurting my feelings about my nice big green mugs with the white polka dots.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 3:41 PM

Gurl, that cup is not suitable for cradling.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 4:28 PM

Why you on hear bragging about your mugs and cheap kettle?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2022 5:44 PM

Now that's a mug I'd like to cradle...

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 5:49 PM

OP, honey -- you lost me at whistling kettle. I have an automatic glass kettle but it's not so bulbous and heats on the base., it's a full appliance. Yours is stove top? Just no.

That mug is UG-LEE.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 5:49 PM

[quote]Everyone here is hurting my feelings about my nice big green mugs with the white polka dots.

Deservedly so.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 5:54 PM

OP, both look really cheap and ugly. They don’t match. The kettle looks like a truck stop coffee pot, while the mug looks like something you would find at a Midwestern liberal arts gender studies “soupluck”.

I suggest you get a small, clear glass teapot that uses tea candles. And a small glass tea cup to match. That is what I use and it is very sleek and stylish.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 5:54 PM

Are you on the spectrum OP?

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 5:56 PM

Oh christ, not even a lesbian would have a mug that ugly!

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 5:57 PM

Aww...I like polka dots. I like whimsy.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 5:57 PM

DL people the description of my nice green mug with the white polka dots are as follows-

It's the perfect choice when you're looking for that classic shape and timeless style

What more could I ask for?

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 6:24 PM

Op, you should have used the "Breaking" alert to tell us you broke your coffee thingy.

I'll let it go this time, but the next time that you want to tell us that you broke something, please adhere to the aforementioned dumbass bullshit rule that I just made up. In fact, consider it as more of a suggestion, a gentle prodding, if you will. (Or not. I'm easy.)

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2022 8:39 PM

R19 perfect comment. hahaha

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 8:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!