Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The fabulous Darlene Conley

She was mentioned on here recently, especially for her work as Sally Spectra (opposite fellow butch goddess Susan Flannery).

Weirdly, I had a dream about her briefly last night, as I was waking up something told me to go look online, because I couldn't remember how long ago she'd died.

I did and the date? January 14, 2007. As in today - 15 years ago.

So apparently a bitch wants some attention and has made herself known! LOL. Here it is, Darlene! Raise a 🍸 for us poor saps here, wherever you are! 💋

(The article is from last January, and is about the anniversary of her debut as Sally Spectra.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2022 5:18 PM

She's gone from Bold and Beautiful to Boring and Bountiful.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 1:29 PM

She was also fabulous as baby stealing Rose deVille on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 1:30 PM

I believe she is what you call a "great broad" !

She made that horrific show watchable along with Flannery (and sometimes Kimberlin Brown)

Someone here posted here years ago- 5-10 years ago, and he was her nephew I believe. He had some good gossip and she sounded like a down to earth and great lady!

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 1:52 PM

She was on Days of Our Lives first playing a butch prison guard

Edith was her name on there

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 2:22 PM

I had the pleasure of knowing her and working on B&B for 5 years. She was great friends with then producer Jon Zak, and the ying to Susan Flannery's yang. Darlene was the first to be nominated for an Emmy on B&B in the acting category. I remember they were shooting the scene where she and Clarke go to Lamas and the note was for the extras to laugh a bit when they walked in and she said "Not too much now," There was a fragility to her ego not many knew. She was just like she was on screen. Over the top and full of life. She collected Hurrell photographs of old movie stars and could probably tell you a story about each and every one.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 2:26 PM

R5- I tried to hunt down the thread with her nephew to no avail.

I did find a nice post from someone who was on set or knew her who said she was very wise with her money- and that after years on B&B she finally bought a beautiful condo. Was that you?

And that's right! I remember her Emmy nomination - it was around 1991- I was around 13 or something. And even watching her watch her clip in the audience was fun. You can tell that she loved that character. I remember the line in the clip- You threw it away! and now it's GARBAGE! And she through a glass or something. Sally sat there in the little scream beaming and nodding her head like, you go girl. There was no one like her on daytime. And at that time B&B was a middle ranked nothing soap that was mocked for its lousy acting.

I have read nothing but nice things about her. It sounds like Flannery was mercurial to say the least. I am sure she scared folks until they earned her respect.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 3:18 PM

The original Sally Spectra was a fabulous character and Darlene played the hell out of her. Added much character to a show which at that point was ho-hum.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 3:38 PM

I know it sounds ESTy but what I said at OP happened....it's either the biggest coincidence ever I would think of her today, or she really did want to make herself known!

She had a great spirit onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 3:52 PM

And she begat that awful creature who's currently stabbing backs in Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 5:38 PM

Is she the "dump cake" lady?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 6:07 PM

r6 No not me. I had been to her condo for a photoshoot but I never counted her pennies. Susan sort of kept to herself when on set, Darlene was the life of the party. I remember they did a costume ball and I just hung out with the Costume Designer, Sandra, and she was asking for ideas. I pitched a few she loved and then I heard from Darlene. "I understand you had some ideas for my costume? May I know what you said/" I said "Who else? Scarlette O'Hara with Dan as Rhett." She got a huge smile and said 'I always knew you were a smart boy'

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2022 12:53 AM

Darlene was a great actress. So underrated.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2022 3:00 AM

Sally and Stephanie were to CBS what Dorian and Vicki were to ABC. Tremendous talents who were never better than when in scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2022 11:39 AM

Their best moment together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2022 4:36 AM

Loved when she first came on and would disguise herself to sneak into Forrestor fashion shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2022 3:27 PM

Darlene (and Susan) were really the best things about B&B. A true original.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2022 3:28 PM

R13, which one had multiple personalities?

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2022 4:15 PM

R13 Viki on OLTL was the one that had multiples. First it was two and then it was seven.

Including Jean Randolph, who was a cold hearted cunt. She shoulda been a DL legend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2022 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!