Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Australia man convicted of anti-gay hate murder in 1988

Evil man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] Evil man

We don't know what was going on inside the perpetrator's head. But he didn't probably know either.

I don't know too much of the circumstances, such as whether alcohol was a mitigating circumstance.

I do know that this 'beat' is about 30 minutes walk and ten minutes drive from a major entertainment/alcohol centre.

There is also a steep, rough, bush track to negotiate.

The victim was nude.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 4:48 AM

I guess the murderer's one supporter popped in to defend him! And being drunk doesn't magically make you turn into a murderer

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 4:50 AM

There was a whole series of anti-gay murders at Bondi in the 1980s. I only know that because I watched this episode sometime ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 5:25 AM

R1, we know. We know that there were groups and individuals in Australia at that time who went to gay cruising areAs to beat up and murder gays. We know this murderer went to just such an area, and murdered a gay man. Alcohol wouldn’t be a ‘mitigating factor’, just like homophobia, hate and bigotry are not mitigating factors.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 8:19 AM

The deceased's brother never gave up trying to get justice. Amazing love and a great job.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 8:22 AM

How can that be true. On Novak Djokovic thread everybody claims that Australia is a highly civilized society that is endangered by dirty Balkanic Novax.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 8:27 AM

R3 I watched Deep Water on Netflix, TV crime series inspired by those hate murders of the 80s. Just checked the Wiki and found out there is another doc, accompanying the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 8:46 AM

Comments from the likes of former Prime Minister Julia Gillard like 'Marriage is between a man and a woman' only help fuel gay hate.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 9:05 AM

And they banned Tyler the Creator's gigs because of his homophobia?

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!