Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is most likely to win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress this year?

I fucked up the other thread on this topic, so let's try again.

I'm listing the top 9 choices currently up on Gold Derby (in order), and I'm giving the #10 slot to "Other--please name"

Note that I am not asking you whom you WANT to win; I am asking rather whom you think WILL win.

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2022 4:46 PM

That should be "Jessie Buckley, "The Lost Daughter,"" of course.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 4:23 AM

I hope Negga wins the prize.

We need make Negga a household word.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 4:53 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2022 4:31 AM

I did not like Power of the Dog.

I should have known just by the title I would not enjoy it—dogs POOP everywhere. 💩

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 4:55 AM

Kirsten deserves the win

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Ann Dowd deserves it but deserving sailed a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2022 2:40 PM

Ariana - she hits all the check marks - multi-racial, bisexual, singer, dancer, actress.

by Anonymousreply 7February 3, 2022 2:48 PM

Kristen Dunst didn’t move her face throughout the entire film. I was waiting for her to start acting.

by Anonymousreply 8February 3, 2022 3:15 PM

Kiki D can do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2022 3:18 PM

Martha Plimpton is my choice (unlisted). She blows several of these contenders out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2022 3:36 PM

Hi, just dropping in to tell you that I don't go to movies, so I really don't give a rat's ass. Won't be watching the Oscars anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2022 3:39 PM

R11 Yet you cared enough to come here.

God, what a dumb cunt you are.

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2022 3:41 PM

Dunst should have been nominated for best actress for "Melancholia."

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2022 3:48 PM

Ariana was fine but she played Anita as more innocent than most Anitas I've seen.

Rita Moreno played her more fiery and cynical--she gave her movie more spark than the Ariana did hers. Tony and Maria are supposed to be the innocent ones.

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2022 4:12 PM

OP-No one cares about this stuff anymore because no goes to the movies since March 2020.

by Anonymousreply 15February 3, 2022 4:21 PM

Most likely to win: Dunst. By a hair, over DeBose, but she will win. If WSS had made big box office like it was supposed to have done, I'd reverse these picks. More people saw PofTD than WSS.

Kiki is long overdue, has tons of voting friends in AMPAS, and power backers in her corner (Netflix, the Huvanes).

by Anonymousreply 16February 3, 2022 4:32 PM

Cate Blanchett, "Nightmare Alley"

by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2022 4:33 PM

If they're going to get the splinters out of her teeth, they better start removing them soon.

by Anonymousreply 18February 3, 2022 4:36 PM

That’s not even going to be nominated, R17.

by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2022 4:36 PM

Just you wait, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2022 11:46 PM

Cate will be nominated for Don’t Look Up before Nightmare Alley.

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2022 11:57 PM

Rita's Oscar campaign of dredging up dead actors' names is one of the worst and most shameless campaigns since Melissa Leo, AnnE and Kate Winslet. For that, I hope hers is over.

by Anonymousreply 22February 4, 2022 12:01 AM

Most people seem to think that Ariana DeBose is going to win, but I'd watch out for Catriona Balfe. I think Belfast is going to go into the Oscar ceremony a lot stronger than West Side Story, and that does make a difference.

I don't think Cate will be nominated this year, but Nightmare Alley is clearly her stronger horse in the race based on the SAG nomination alone.

by Anonymousreply 23February 4, 2022 12:03 AM

[quote] If they're going to get the splinters out of her teeth

Are you talking about Cate Blanchett's teeth, R18?

by Anonymousreply 24February 4, 2022 5:48 AM

R14, I agree that Moreno’s Anita was more fiery, cynical and sexual. Part of it was her scene with Tony and Maria when she says, “How can I know what goes on twelve feet over my head?”

But I wouldn’t say that DaBose’s Anita was “naive,” but she is more of an ambitious dreamer and a wannabe homemaker. Her dreams and purposes were more evident. You didn’t know what Moreno’s Anita wanted other than to have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2022 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!