Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Affleck predicts only about 40 movies will be released theatrically yearly

Ben Affleck says movie theaters are “mostly going to be for younger people, and mostly about ‘Hey, I'm so into the Marvel Universe, I can't wait to see what happens next.’ There'll be 40 movies a year theatrically, all IP, sequel, animated.”

Thoughts?

PS he’s looking very very good lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote]PS he’s looking very very good lately.

He looks good in "The Tender Bar." Janky-ass wig, but looking good elsewise.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 1:57 AM

J Lo does a body good, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 2:00 AM

OP PS he has crepey skin in that picture and he's only 49!

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 2:04 AM

His skin is fine.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 2:06 AM

So he’s saying none of his movies are ever going to have a theatrical release again?

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 2:07 AM

I wish I could be Affleck's PR. They must get paid a fortune to post on anonymous gay forums because I know actual gays don't give a shit about this mediocre straight guy who can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 2:07 AM

R4 fine skin ages quickly

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 2:09 AM

He and Matt Damon have become so obnoxious. They've always been smug and cocky but they are older now and it's not cute anymore. Matt is a hypocrite because he said actors should shut up about their views yet he never shuts up himself. Ben keeps talking about his life and how hard it is despite being a famous actor, have good looks and working as a writer and director. He needs to be grateful he has what he's got with his lack of talent.

Who keeps posting about these morons on here? Unless they are showing us their dicks, they are boring.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 2:17 AM

I would be happy to never see his face again.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 2:28 AM

His nose is weird in that photo. But long and beautiful fingers.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 9:51 AM

Ben Affleck is not very bright. I wouldn't trust his hot takes about anything.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 9:53 AM

R8 couldn't care less about Ben's dick, but I'm here when he wants to present hole.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 9:59 AM

Does he still have the worst breath in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2022 9:59 AM

I rather think he is right. The movie industry will be like the rest of the corporate sphere with a few large companies of the 1% and their franchises. The rest will be online.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 11:20 AM

He and Matt Damon were in The Last Duel together. I thought that film was very good despite being Americans playing Medieval nobility in 14th century France.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 11:43 AM

I can’t tell, is that his AA chip or a poker chip he’s flicking in OP’s pic?

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 12:12 PM

R15 he’s said he think that will be his last big budget, big studio picture for theaters. He wants to do smaller films moving forward or try a series.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 12:27 PM

HATE this tool

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 12:29 PM

If only 40 movies are released a year, you can bet about 30 of them will be superhero movies…

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 12:42 PM

Does anyone who knows anything about movie distribution have insight into the costs of releasing theatrically versus releasing by streaming?

I assumed that even theatrical releases are electronically delivered, and that actual physical films are no longer delivered for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 12:45 PM

He's right. But with the way people behave these days, who the fuck would want to go to a cinema anyway?

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 12:50 PM

I can see the three biggest studios - Disney, Universal and Warner Bros. - releasing 12-15 wide releases a year while Paramount and Sony do between 7-10. I don’t think there will ever be anything like Warner Bros releasing over 20 movies a year again.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2022 12:53 PM

40 movies a year? I'd like that for a reset. I feel like the superhero movies are like dinosaurs. I was actually hoping that Covid would wipe them out, but it looks like those are the ones right now that bring people back to the theater. Even if the number of releases went down, they'll bounce back though. 300M want to be entertained. Indy movies will fill the void at first. And once a trend can be seen from the indy world, more of those movies will be generated at higher budget. I predict more rom coms for that period. They are crowd pleasers and cheap to produce.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 1:26 PM

We bought a giant TV to avoid the masses and still be able to enjoy movies like Dune on a large screen. I'm guessing a few directors, like Scorsese and Spielberg, might still get vanity releases in theaters but he's probably right. And I think that's fine, but there will likely still be art houses in urban centers for people who want to see things like Roma on the big screen around people who don't act like animals.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2022 1:41 PM

40 is a little optimistic, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2022 2:42 PM

This correct info but it’s not his prediction. It’s pass along info from his agents etc.

He’s an actor. He can read lines out loud.

He’s not smart enough to come up with his own business predictions.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote]I can’t tell, is that his AA chip or a poker chip he’s flicking in OP’s pic?

The first AA chip is for 24 hours, so I'm thinking poker.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2022 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!