Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hunter Fieri Opens Up About Being 'Guy Fieri's Son' and His First Solo Project

Hunter Fieri is rolling out on his own.

The eldest son of Guy Fieri, who has appeared on his dad's shows Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, Guy's Grocery Games and more, debuted his first solo project late last year. Hunter, 25, traveled to a farm in North Dakota to film a mini-documentery on how ZENB makes their yellow pea pasta for a partnership he has with the plant-based brand.

"It's my first time really going out there by myself and believing in something and getting after it," he tells PEOPLE of the easy-to-watch, 12-minute documentary called "What Plants Can Do."

Guy and Hunter are inseparable on the Food Network star's shows, so naturally, there was some hesitation to go at this alone.

"I was very nervous," Hunter admits. "I didn't know what to look for. I didn't know what to do in the sense of how do I watch over myself while also playing the role of the star of the documentary? But I just took what I learned from my dad and from his manager and from all the friends and mentors that've helped me along the way. And I just remembered what I was taught and I put everything I had forward."

Though they share similar facial hair, the Universy of Nevada, Las Vegas graduate says his dad's biggest piece of advice is "to be myself." He adds: "Always listen, be smart, and apply what you've learned. And he always told me, 'You can't be just Guy Fieri's son. If you really want to take over this world, you got to be Hunter Fieri,' and that's just what I think about."

But being "Guy Fieri's son" has its perks of course, and Hunter doesn't take them for granted.

"I get so many opportunities to learn from other people and I get to experience some amazing places and experiences. I can't complain at all. It is amazing," he says.

Outside of work, the father-son duo are often fishing, hiking or cooking at the family's ranch in Northern California. (His younger brother Ryder, 16, an aspiring NBA player, prefers to bond over sports games.)

"He's a great father," says Hunter. "He's taught me so much and he continues to teach me every day. He doesn't act like a celebrity. He's just a family man."

Hunter plans to take all his dad's lessons and continue growing his solo career. "I really want to start doing my own TV. I want to get into that realm of walking outside of my dad's shadow," he says. "We're working our way towards that. I'm excited that the ball is rolling and it's getting bigger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2022 5:40 PM

That's a hard 25...

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 7:31 PM

Wow, I thought Guy was in his early 30s. He has a twink son. That’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 7:31 PM

I have a crush on Jules Fieri.

He's so much hotter than Hunter.

Jules looks like he could be heteroflexible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 7:32 PM

Guy is 53, R2.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 7:33 PM

How does he look older than his dad?

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 7:55 PM

He is so not meant to be a tv personality. I feel embarrassed for him when he's on his dad's shows. He seems way too nervous and you can always tell when he's reading prompters and/or cue cards. Maybe he can look into producing or directing?

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 8:16 PM

I hope his hole and his sweaty taint are still musky.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote] I want to get into that realm of walking outside of my dad's stench

This is what he really meant.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 8:28 PM

Try becoming a painter under a pseudonym.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 8:39 PM

Jules is better looking than Hunter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 10:51 PM

Jules also has a solid career plan, and isn't like Hunter who is living off of his daddy's fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 10:52 PM

Awww, I like Hunter. He's trying to do something and become his own person, which I admire. Go Fieris!

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 10:54 PM

How's his donkey sauce?

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 11:05 PM

Jules has a very gay looking friend that he's always with.

His mother was a lesbian, so I wonder if Jules might be gay/bi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 11:08 PM

Do all the boys have the same Mom? I'm confused - I'd never heard of Jules before now.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 11:24 PM

Hunter always holds his hands together like he’s Mr. Burns. Someone needs to tell him to stop doing that. It’s a weird tic in someone so young.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] Do all the boys have the same Mom? I'm confused - I'd never heard of Jules before now.

Hunter and Ryder are Guy's sons.

Jules is actually Guy's nephew.

Guy is basically a surrogate dad to Jules, after Jules' mother Morgan (Guy's sister) died of cancer in 2011.

I really admire Guy for stepping up and taking care of Jules like that was his own son.

Apparently, Jules' father is a total dead beat who was living in a trailer, but he still demanded custody of his son.

Guy and his parents went to court for custody of Jules. Not sure what happened with that, but it doesn't matter now because Jules is already 21 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 11:52 PM

Thank the lord for cute twinks with bright eyes.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 12:21 AM

R6 He’s certainly no Lydia’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 12:39 AM

Guy Fieri is singularly the most disgusting figure I've seen on the TV screen in a decade. He looks like he smells of 4 day old flop sweat, dollar store knock off cologne, and pot.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 12:53 AM

Guy's a really good person. His sons are cute

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 1:27 AM

[quote]Hunter

Might has well have named him cliché.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2022 1:36 AM

How old was Hunter when he first wore his own pair of polarized shades on the back of his head?

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 7:34 AM

[quote] Guy Fieri Is Super Close With Nephew Jules Fieri, but Who Is Jules’s Actual Father? Guy Fieri lost his sister Morgan Fieri to cancer in 2011. She left behind her son Jules Fieri.

Why are they all using the fake made-up stage name of Fieri? Is Lady Gaga’s family all going to go by the last name of Gaga now?

Also, wouldn’t Jules have his father’s last name, not Fieri?

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2022 8:26 AM

They need to cut the fake name crap.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2022 8:53 AM

Jules is cute. I wanna eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2022 9:04 AM

25???!!! More like 35...

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2022 9:29 AM

R3 SURE, he does. How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2022 9:35 AM

Hunter sucks...

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2022 10:05 AM

From Wikipedia.

When Fieri got married, he changed his surname from Ferry to Fieri as an ode to his paternal grandfather, Giuseppe Fieri, an Italian immigrant who had anglicized his surname to Ferry upon his arrival in the United States.

Don't know if it was legally changed tho. But give him a break.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2022 11:15 AM

"Ode"? More like just correcting the nativist cringe that his grandfather felt he had to adopt. Good for Guy (or, if he cares to go all the way, Guido).

My great-grandfather did a similar thing, but fortunately it didn't last long—and he had a tin ear for "Anglo" sounding names; his choice just sounded weird, and he quickly went back to his foreign-sounding name.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2022 11:34 AM

That’s not why he changed it. People were calling him Fairy in high school.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2022 10:14 PM

[quote]You can't be just Guy Fieri's son.

That must come as such a relief.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2022 10:16 PM

I would gladly mount Hunter while Jules watched.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2022 10:23 PM

Why would he watch his brother get fucked?

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2022 10:25 PM

cause Jules is a dirty perv.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2022 10:36 PM

They're not brothers; they're first cousins.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2022 10:37 PM

So that makes it okay?

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2022 11:02 PM

I don't understand kids like this. Why can't he just enjoy being Guy's son and all the privileges that come with that? Make an appearance on his shows now and then, work in some of his restaurants and just enjoy not having to actually go out and look for real work.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2022 1:12 PM

I wonder if there's some sort of rivalry between Hunter and Jules.

Hunter is Guy's eldest son and the "heir to the throne."

Yet Guy really seems to have a spot soft for Jules, no doubt because he wanted to do right by his sister Morgan. And guy has taken care of Jules his whole life, which means that Guy has put a lot of focus and attention on that kid.

That dynamic makes me think that there must have been a little bit of jealousy on Hunter's part.

Which might seem weird, because Guy does everything with Hunter, and gives everything to Hunter. Hunter has been on Guy's show since he was a little kid, and now he's still on the show being mentored by guy.

The only reason I bring this up is because on this photo, one of Jules' friends wrote something about Jules "hanging around with Hunter again." So I guess there was a period where they stopped hanging around.

Hmmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2022 5:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!