Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else have a manager who uses terrible grammar in meetings??

I’m currently in a phone meeting and I’m cringing every few minutes because my manager has 5th grade level grammar. He says cackulation and liberry. It’s constant me and him and he says I will like instead of I would like.

It’s one thing to sound like this to his staff but what do his manager and peers think??

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 7:40 PM

Quit? IDGAF

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 7:19 PM

Those aren't really grammar mistakes; he's just pronouncing the words in a childish, incorrect way. Does he also say Feb-yoo-ary?

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 7:20 PM

Besides that, a phone meeting?

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 7:20 PM

Burger King R3?? Cute, but we don’t always use the Skype video function. I’m not 12 years old. I don’t need to see my team’s faces to understand them.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote] He says cackulation and liberry.

Those examples aren’t technically bad grammar, but irregular dialect. Grammar isn’t necessarily about how you pronounce various words, but how you use them. If he used the word, “liberry” as a verb. Or “cackulation” as a plural of something, then we would be discussing grammar

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 7:28 PM

Thanks R5. It’s the pronunciation combined with the bad grammar that is killing me.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 7:31 PM

I had one who said Ax instead of Ask

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 7:31 PM

Years ago I had a rather humorless boss who was the GM of a hotel. It freaked me out when he would say “MINES.” - Like if you asked if he was going to have lunch on or off property he would say “I’m having mines in my office.” Or if you said “Are these your car keys?” He would say, “No, mines are in my coat pocket.”

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 7:35 PM

I’ll trade you for my up-speaking manager with the vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 7:35 PM

My manager spends most of her day planning virtual happy hours and trivia contests.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 7:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!