Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2022 Republican infighting thread…this is getting good!

This has been going on a few weeks now but the Republican infighting is reaching fever pitch this week with Trump going after DeSantis AND MCTurtlle and Tucker Carlson blasting Ted Cruz.

But let’s back up a few weeks and catch everyone up with all the current Republican infighting that is taking shape to play out over the next year.

Who will ultimately take the deplorable throne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2022 11:32 PM

Exhibit A comes in the form of an online feud between Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Nancy Mace (R-S.C.). This wasn't your typical disagreement over public policy. This was a “Mean Girls”-esque exchange, with Greene referring to Mace as "trash" and Mace retorting with explicit emojis to describe her intra-party adversary as “crazy.”

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 4:20 PM

“trash" seemed to drive the news cycle, as two other congressional Republicans, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) and outgoing Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) slammed each other. Boebert had decided it was a great idea to publicly infer that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is a terrorist, prompting Kinzinger to describe her in all-caps as “TRASH.” Boebert subsequently apologized and reached out to Omar in a phone call that went nowhere quickly, according to both parties.

The list of disparaging comments goes on, but you get the point: GOP House members seem to be fracturing more each day. It's ugly and pointless and something out of teenage drunk-dialing, except that this is playing out in front of millions on social media and is driving cable-news segments.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 4:21 PM

Tuck vs Cuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 4:22 PM

Miss Lindsey is a' feudin with Mister Mitch over that Trump boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 4:24 PM

Trump takes thinly veiled shot at 'gutless' DeSantis over Covid booster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 4:25 PM

Good one r4.

They are going to be in a full out brawl by the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 4:26 PM

Trump Slams Mitch McConnell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 4:27 PM

One self-loathing closeted faggot threatening another. Hiss, girls, HISS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 4:27 PM

The most aggressively offensive and flagrantly ignorant one will win. Trump seems to be losing ground to the Marjorie T. Greene types and Tucker types.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 4:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 4:29 PM

Human landfill vs McConnel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 4:36 PM

The young and slightly-less psycho repubs love Ron Deathsantis. "Trump is too old, and Marjorie is too crazy, even for us!"

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 4:38 PM

Lady G better watch it; McTurtle will cut a bitch & we all know there are all sorts of skeletons in her closets (it's not all just lacy undergarments!).

I love this, though I wish OP had a "none of the OP/they all destroy each other" option

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 4:39 PM

Wednesday:

“Trump calls Mitch McConnell 'a loser' and blames him for GOP senators who won't back 2020 election lies”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 4:40 PM

Trump called Mitch McConnell a "loser" in a new NPR interview.

He blamed McConnell over GOP senators who won't embrace his false election claims.

The former president has repeatedly lashed out at McConnell for not endorsing his "Big Lie."

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 4:40 PM

Shots fired:

GOP Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota said again that he believed the 2020 election was fair after former President Donald Trump lashed out at him for saying it the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 4:44 PM

Rounds first told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday that the 2020 presidential election "was fair, as fair as we've seen."

"We simply did not win the election, as Republicans, for the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 4:45 PM

Republican Sen. Mike Rounds pushes GOP to get ‘louder’ on false Trump claims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 4:48 PM

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota has been telling people for the last year that the 2020 election was fair, but this week he did something few other Republicans have dared — tell a national audience that.

Now he wishes more Republicans would join him.

Rounds, who is in his second Senate term, has been telling local newspapers, radio shows and Rotary clubs in South Dakota that he checked out the allegations of election fraud made by former President Donald Trump and, while there were some “irregularities,” they all came up empty of anything that could counter the truth that Trump lost.

So, when ABC News’ “This Week” asked the senator to appear on its Sunday show to discuss the Jan. 6, 2020, attack on the Capitol, Rounds said his decision was simple: “Well, of course I will.”

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 4:48 PM

Kevin McCartney is a joke and lightweight. He is out of his depth.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 4:49 PM

Trump slams ‘jerk’ Sen. Rounds for defending 2020 election results

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 4:50 PM

GOP Sen. Mike Rounds doubles down on saying the 2020 election was fair after Trump calls him a jerk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 4:51 PM

Google is trying to clip me. Not going to happen Google. We know you support the fascists. Anything for a buck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Mitch chimes in:

Mitch McConnell defends GOP senator

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 4:55 PM

I’m curious. Once the diseased trash trolls find this thread, which side will they take?

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2022 4:56 PM

OK, I don't get the joke.

Why is Kevin McCarthy referred to here (by OP & R20) as McCartney?

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2022 5:02 PM

I don’t know that losers name and he’s not worth looking up.

As you were.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 5:04 PM

Doesn't matter at all. as long as the Democratic leadership remains old and effete, functioning on he politics of the 60s, the Republicans could run Hitlers and they would win. The Dems have accomplished nothing.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 5:09 PM

If I were to bet on anybody on that list coming out on top, it would be Yertle.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2022 5:09 PM

It’s Condi 2024 or nothing

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2022 5:09 PM

R25 see r28

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2022 5:10 PM

R25: Your answer is at R30.....

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 5:17 PM

Lindsey Graham demands McConnell bend his knee to Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 5:23 PM

Meanwhile Miss Lindsey has just thrown McTurtle under the bus: he cannot support anyone who doesn't support Trump's big lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 5:23 PM

Why is Lindsay sticking his nose in this? He is such a gimp.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2022 5:25 PM

Lauren Bobert is the bridesmaid to Marge Traitor Greene

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2022 5:28 PM

Boy, what Trump has on Lindsey must REALLY be bad.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 5:28 PM

Mitch vs Graham ought to be a good one to watch.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2022 5:38 PM

Yes, R32, the Dems have done such a great job so far. They have inspired confidence in the economy and that they can lead the nation through difficult times. They have done so much in fighting the creeping fascism that even attempted to overthrow democracy. Yes, let's assemble an investigative panel. Oh, no one will testify, even under contempt threats? That's okay. Americans are attracted to strength; the Dems have shown no spine. The country has no confidence in them, since they don't seem to understand that this is no longer the times of working across the aisle, as they did in the 60s. You fight strength with strength. When have you heard Biden speak ( other than on Jan 6) where your spirits were raised and you were convinced that a better tomorrow was possible? When have you seen Kamala do anything that would lead you to believe she is more than a place-sitting token? When has Schumer done anything but pose? When has the Democratic Party been unified and not merely a bunch of self-interest groups? But, it's easy to label anyone who is discouraged by the lack of action a troll. It's rampant on DL, because the accuser is blindly holding onto the belief that fighting back is not the way to go and that any disagreement with the policies and procedures of the current status quo are treasonous. If this continues and people keep their heads in the sand, a rude awakening is in store in Nov and in 2024, when democracy, as we know it, might just end, compliments of the fascists and their enablers, the impotent, nice guy Dems.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2022 6:20 PM

TLDR

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2022 6:22 PM

Come up for air, dude

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2022 6:22 PM

The republicans are such hateful trash. It’s basically their brand.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2022 6:26 PM

R39 is right. Regardless of what is currently happening within the GOP, they will take the majorities in the Senate and House this November; they will be rewarded for being QAnon-loving maggots who helped (but failed) to overturn a free and fair election (this time), and instead of being thrown out for being treasonous lunatics who wanted to take down the US government, they will be the ones in charge come January '23.

I really hope I'm wrong. I really do. But unless or until the Democrats come to this knife fight with AK-47s (in a figurative sense), they will be on the outs (no committees for you!) and I doubt they will ever get back in, at least in my lifetime (and I'm only 54).

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2022 6:34 PM

McCarthy is a WIMP!

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2022 7:46 PM

The Republican nominees for president and vice president in 2024 will be Pete Wilson and Christine Todd Whitman.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2022 8:05 PM

[quote]If I were to bet on anybody on that list coming out on top, it would be Yertle.

I think so; and why not - he's one broken hip away from the grave, so what does he have to lose, unlike the others (like Lady G) that might have a lot to lose.

There is clearly some split in the repig party in which certain factions decided they are breaking off from Dear Leader. Clearly people like Lady G are trying to get them back in line, but instead it just looks like they are all attacking each other. I wonder who is behind this - the $$ who decided they've had enough of Trump & want to push someone like DeSantis instead? Clearly something is motivating these people who have been nothing but subservient to Trump to finally push back and I'd be interested to know what it is.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2022 9:54 PM

Unlike the Dems, come election time or on important issues of power, they all unite.

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2022 2:07 AM

Ann Coulter gets in on the action

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2022 1:22 PM

Ann Coulter Blasts 'Liar and Con Man' Donald Trump Over Ron DeSantis Booster Criticism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2022 1:23 PM

Link because Google is blocking ^. Why do they do that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2022 1:25 PM

Plump‘S minions probably rigged this poll too.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2022 1:45 PM

Oh please. They always act in lock step when it counts.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2022 1:45 PM
by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2022 3:49 PM

10 year old girl vs Dan Crenshaw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2022 5:53 PM

I saw that clip at R54; granted, it's the repug way to be a cunt, but are these people so lacking in skills that they can't field a question from a tough 10 year old without getting all pissy? Couldn't he just chuckle, say he admired her bravado and intelligence but she didn't really know his heart (or something like that)? I mean I guess DL not so fave Madison would've shot her, but still, grow a pair boys!

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2022 5:55 PM

This is exactly what I predicted after the election in 2020. Trump will never never never step aside and let anybody else run. He is going to run, and he is going to lose the election.

If by some miracle another candidate manages to win the primary, Trump is going to be throwing daggers at them the entire time. The GOP will destroy itself.

Even if they win the house and the debate at this fall, I am not too worried. They are absolutely incapable of governing. At worst, we will get 2 years of nothing done.

by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2022 6:18 PM

Order you popcorn now.

by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2022 8:57 PM

R54 I love the guy who yells “You moron!”

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2022 9:18 PM

Yikes. MTG is one ugly bitch. She looks like cotton mouth feels.

by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2022 9:52 PM

She looks like a cartoon version of herself.

by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2022 9:57 PM

Poor Lauren “The Bigot” Bobert.

She didn’t even receive one vote in our poll.

She’s always in Marjorie’s shadow. Always the second fiddle. Every time she gets a still steam going that Marg has to do something crazier and steals the headlines every time.

Must drive her crazy.

by Anonymousreply 61January 19, 2022 9:59 PM

She’s the only one who didn’t even get one vote.

by Anonymousreply 62January 19, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]Ann Coulter Blasts 'Liar and Con Man' Donald Trump Over Ron DeSantis Booster Criticism

From "In Trump we trust" to "liar and con man" -- but come elections, she'll be voting with both hands for him if needs be.

by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2022 10:28 PM

Ann Coulter trusted Trump to "build the wall" when any person with a brain knew from the previous 40 years of his career that he was a snake oil salesman who was only out to line his own pockets while making empty promises. She's not so smart.

by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2022 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!