Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Patti LuPone be returning to TV?

Life Goes On Sequel Series Moves Forward in Development at NBC

Becca Thatcher’s life will indeed go on. NBC has given a put pilot order to a Life Goes On sequel series, in which Kellie Martin will reprise the role that made her a household name in the late ’80s.

Per the official logline, the new Life Goes On “will revisit a grown-up Becca Thatcher, now an accomplished doctor, and her extended family as she returns to her hometown.”

In addition to Martin, the original Life Goes On — which aired for four seasons on ABC, from 1989 to 1993 — also starred Bill Smitrovich as Becca’s father Drew, Patti LuPone as Becca’s mother Libby, Tracey Needham as Becca’s sister Paige and Chris Burke as Becca’s brother Corky. Lowe also recurred as Becca’s boyfriend Jesse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2022 5:02 AM

Doesn't Patti hate Bill Smitrovich? Maybe their characters could be divorced now and never interact.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 3:58 PM

Is Corky still, you know, alive?

Was he stuffed and now being utilized as the family room ottoman?

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 3:59 PM

Of course. What else does she have to do. But she’ll bitch about it the whole time. Miserable old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 4:04 PM

He is alive, yes.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 4:05 PM

Doesn't Chad Lowe's character Jesse become HIV positive, leading to endless crying scenes for Kellie Martin?

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 4:09 PM

Just as Chris Burke has a band, in the update it will be revealed that Corky grew up to become a huge rock and roll superstar.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 4:12 PM

I’ll only watch if she is in it

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 4:13 PM

In this revival, the role of Libby Thatcher will be played by Glenn Close.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 4:19 PM

I liked that show and I liked Corky and I got fed up with the DL constantly trashing him. Here we go again...

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 4:24 PM

My favorite thing about Patti LuPone is that she never denies she's a huge pain in the ass, unlike other divas. They always blame sexism, and she;s always upfront with the fact that she knows she's just annoying and demanding and is who she is.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 4:24 PM

I like the story about when LuPone first met Burke and he ran up to her with a big hug and called her mom.

She recoiled in sheer terror screeching, "Christ! It touched me!!"

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 4:30 PM

R8 I now know why I'm frightened.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 4:56 PM

Patti said to get that retard away from her.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 5:03 PM

I've never heard anything reliable that Patti has ever disliked working with Chris Burke. I doubt she would have agreed to do the series in the first place if she had a phobia of retarded people.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 5:05 PM

I teach myself more ways to dream, R12.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 5:08 PM

R14 it's a DL myth.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 5:09 PM

Good lord Patti!

Don't you know it's bad luck to have retarded people in your home.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 5:10 PM

Grindin' Lupone

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2022 4:30 AM

Based on that reunion they did the other year I expect Patti to do it and I suspect she will be a widow.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2022 4:49 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2022 4:52 AM

Wait...no mention of inviting me back?

Charlesh! SHAY SHOMETHING!!

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2022 5:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!