Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeremy Irons

What is your favorite Jeremy Irons film? How would you rate him as an actor ? For me, I got a huge crush on him from The French Lieutenant’s Woman and Brideshead Revisited but I get that he’s probably not everyone’s type. But perhaps Dead Ringers is his greatest work. What day you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 4, 2022 11:00 AM

I adore him, too. He is in my top 5 all time great actor list. I love his voice.

Even though he chooses some very quirky roles, he always outshines the material and is fascinating to watch.

If I had to choose one as my favorite, it would be Reversal of Fortune. The most incredible acting I've ever seen on film.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 2:14 PM

R2, I forgot Reversal of Fortune! And yes what a voice too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 2:17 PM

His bestvactin imho Reversal of Fortune, but dang he was a hot daddy in Damage!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 2:19 PM

Best acting! Not bestvactin - ugh

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 2:20 PM

Reversal of Fortune and Brideshead Revisited

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 2:34 PM

"Damage."

I also liked him as the Big Boss in "Margin Call" (also Spacey, Tucci, Quinto, Badgley, Bettany, Baker, and Demi Moore).

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 2:40 PM

Reversal of fortune

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 2:56 PM

He made me feel all tingly down there watching “Damage” and the “Lolita” remake.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 3:00 PM

Bridey.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 3:52 PM

The Borgias.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 3:54 PM

Obviously the ones featuring his frontal nudity! 😃

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 3:58 PM

I think "Damage" featured the full Jeremey, anything else?

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 4:05 PM

Jeremy, sorry

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 4:05 PM

How glorious do I think Jeremy Irons is, in so many ways, including but not limited to that VOICE! ? "You have no idea."

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 4:10 PM

R8 So glad you didn't feel all tingly down there watching "Dead Ringers"!

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 4:24 PM

R15, why not? Picturing having two Jeremies in the sack at the same time sounds nice

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 4:26 PM

Not even an Oscar nod for the best performance of his I've seen: Dead Ringers (1988). The New York Film Critics Circle got it right and named him Best Actor. Dusin Hoffman won the Oscar for Rain Man (1988) UGH!

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 4:30 PM

R16 Just a joke there; but could imagine some sick fucks getting off on what was going on with those creepy yet highly artistic special surgical tools the one designed and had made... Some awfully twisted stuff in that film.

I had entirely forgotten about the incest sub-plot.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 4:32 PM

I don't know much about his acting except for the gay uncle in Lion King.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 5:00 PM

Physically looked his best in that third Die Hard movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 5:40 PM

He will forever be Charles Ryder in my eyes, my personal idol.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 9:17 PM

For an actor with a big name recognition he has a very small number of unforgettable/iconic roles.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 9:34 PM

Brideshead, Dead Ringers, Reversal Of Fortune, The Lion King and ???

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2022 9:44 PM

Swann in Love

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 9:46 PM

I'm watching him right now in Reversal of Fortune. Sooo sexy.

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2022 3:54 AM

Dead Ringers was so amazingly creepy, scary, but couldn't not watch it..He was brilliant.

Loved that it always seemed he was confident in his gifts & skill that he did the work he wanted to do & didn't settle.

by Anonymousreply 26February 4, 2022 4:12 AM

Dead Ringers was truly a darkly comic horror cringefest from the master, David Cronenberg. But if you can stand it, Irons is stunning in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 4, 2022 4:22 AM

He was pretty entertaining in The Borgias, too. I must admit.

by Anonymousreply 28February 4, 2022 4:25 AM

Ironic to find this thread here. I tried to watch Damage today, but turned it off after an hour and a half. I fast forwarded through all of the sex scenes. That cut half an hour of that 90 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 29February 4, 2022 4:45 AM

[quote]Ironic to find this thread here. I tried to watch Damage today, but turned it off after an hour and a half. I fast forwarded through all of the sex scenes. That cut half an hour of that 90 minutes.

That doesn't make sense.

You spent 90 minutes watching a film that lasts less than 120 minutes and skipped 30 minutes of sex scenes.

So you watched the entire movie?

by Anonymousreply 30February 4, 2022 8:04 AM

Jeremy Irons and Rupert Graves in the same movie. Both so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 31February 4, 2022 8:30 AM

Totally agree with those that cute “Damage” and “Reversal of Fortune”. Just brilliant in both- but actually pretty fabulous in most of his projects…

by Anonymousreply 32February 4, 2022 8:40 AM

Here's a montage from IMDb. Gee, they left out The House of the Spirits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2022 8:48 AM

A great actor but an even greater voice. I never found him particularly sexy, though.

Loved him in Die Hard 3 (he was the only villain in the series who came close to matching Alan Rickman) and in Margin Call (lots of great performances in a movie that should've been boring but is actually riveting).

I saw Dead Ringers a long time ago but don't remember it, and haven't seen The Lion King since I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 34February 4, 2022 10:36 AM

He was also smoldering hot in 'Waterland.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 4, 2022 11:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!