Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I went cross country skiing today and had a nasty exchange with a woman who was walking her dog on the trail.

I passed her and said, "excuse me," kind of loudly, not shouting. She moved but said that there was not reason to yell. I carried on and encountered her again on my second round of the loop and of course she was walking again right in the middle of the ski trail, which is groomed specifically for X country skiers. I said excuse me again and reminded her that the trail was for skiers. I didn't tell her that she and her dog were ruining the trail by walking on it, but she got angry and said that I didn't own the park. I told her that the park has several paths and trails for walking. She told me to fuck off and called me an asshole.

I'm not a confrontational person and usually avoid it at all costs. I know you'll all probably laugh and even take her side, but I'm feeling a little unsettled/shaken by this. Should I have kept my mouth shut and maybe told the park maintenance people that someone was walking on the trail? The park is huge, bigger than Central Park for you New Yorkers, and has many paths and trails for all kinds of activities and there are signs on the cross country ski areas that specifically say "no walking on groomed trails."

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2022 12:02 AM

I'd be annoyed too, but would just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2022 7:53 PM

Dog owners.

Entitled cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2022 7:55 PM

Maybe you're right, R1. I kind of regret saying anything. She really was ruining the trail though.

I don't get it, R2. Like I said, there's plenty of other trails for walking, even an open area for off-leash dogs.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2022 8:00 PM

Don’t eat yellow snow.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2022 8:03 PM

Her dog is probably a menace to other dogs and that's why she's shitting (literally) the skiing trail up

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2022 8:05 PM

We get this type of post here about once a week. Probably by the same.queen.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2022 8:08 PM

I think you are being a shade Karen.

My guess is you startled her by speaking loudly from behind her, coming at her with speed—that’s a bit scary, especially as a lone woman. So she got ticked off by that.

And while I think it’s your right to remind others of rules, especially when their violations of the rules affect you, was it really that bothersome to you that you needed to re-engage? Think about whether that was just a way for you to lecture her again because you were still annoyed by the first interaction…

But hey, we’re all human and we all make mistakes and are dicks sometimes. You’re fine, OP. Try to let it go and forget it.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2022 8:11 PM

there is only one thing to do now and that's burn her house down! Make sure the dog gets out of course.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 8:16 PM

Yes, R7, it was bothersome, she was walking on the trail. I'm not sure if you've ever cross country skied, but when people walk on the trails the they get destroyed. A lot of effort goes into having them professionally groomed, which is why walking isn't allowed on them.

To your point of her being frightened by me approaching her with some speed, well, that's another reason why you're not supposed to walk on trails, x country skiing is relatively fast, but sure, I can she how she may have been startled.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 8:18 PM

CuntAstic

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 8:20 PM

I would bet she is having the same mixed feelings as you, OP, if it makes you feel better. Questioning, a little remorse, annoyance, sadness about tough other people, self-righteousness, confusion, resolve to act better or differently. We’re all just human.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 8:21 PM

Was it a pit bull?

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 8:24 PM

No, R12. Some kind of shepherd mix.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 8:39 PM

Are you also a jogger, op? When not skiing?

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 8:48 PM

Take her picture next time and post it to cross country skiier websites. Also report her to the Park Service. There is probably a fine for ruining the trail.

You tried talking to her and she got abusive.

Report her.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 9:04 PM

I think you we’re too easy on her. I wouldn’t have been satisfied unless she left in tears.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 9:07 PM

OP, this is how women flirt.

She wanted you to ask her out on a date, and then marry her within six months.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 9:09 PM

She was justified enough to slice your head clean off w a machete. OP is a total off the charts cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 9:10 PM

What OP neglected to mention is that she was skiing while wearing her Joan Crawford come-fuck-me pumps, which makes it much more difficult to maintain her balance when encountering obstacles.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 9:17 PM

R18 is the woman in OP’s story: an entitled boor who thinks the rules only apply to others.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 9:21 PM

You should have said “heads up” instead of “excuse me.” You allowed her to think that you had something to be excused for. After saying “heads up” once, I wouldn’t have engaged further.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 9:25 PM

You should have poked her ass with your ski pole and told her, "Move it along, Toots"

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 9:25 PM

R19 Exactly. OP dresses up in female clothes and considers herself to be female. Really, he's just an ugly man.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 9:36 PM

Dummies who walk in ski trails piss me off but they probably don’t even know they’re ruining them so../

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 9:43 PM

Had the exact same exchange with a bitch walking her dog in a bike lane. She started yelling at me after I said On Your Left and I turned around, got in her face and screamed, "FUCK YOU, BITCH! AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO!"

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 9:49 PM

R25 Sure, Jan. Video or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 9:51 PM

A pole in her cooter would have shut her up.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2022 9:52 PM

R15 gives the best advice in thread - report her to the Park Service or whoever looks after the ski trails. Get her pic, and post it to ski user sites and encourage other locals to also report her. With any luck she'll get trespassed from the park if the silly bitch doesnt pull her head outta her arse

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2022 10:01 PM

Steal her dog.

Give the dog to a restaurant in Koreatown.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2022 10:04 PM

OP, people like that are what bear spray is made for. It's not just for bears.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2022 10:04 PM

I have never skied so I don't know why you get so emotional about 'professionally groomed trails'.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2022 10:32 PM

R31 I've never skied either, but if a ski trail has been specifically "professionally groomed" for skiers and only skiers to use, and there is signage telling non-skiers to stay off of them and some stupid fucking cow is walking her mutt on the trails yeah I'd be fuckin pissed if was a skier.

Its like cyclists using pedestrian only paths or people walking on cycle-only paths. They're separate for a reason. And the signs are there for a reason

Some fast moving pro skier is gonna ram that fat bitch right up the arse one of these days and it'll all be her fault

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 12:19 AM

I wish I would have thought of that, R22!!

This is what a groomed trail looks like for anyone asking. In this photo there'd be room for someone walking, but not all paths are so wide. The area in the centre of this photo is for skate skiing, the other trails are for classic skiing, which is what I was doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 12:26 AM

R33 A serial killer into white trash seriously needs to Dahmer you, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 4:38 AM

You should have said "You go around telling total strangers to fuck off and somehow I'm the asshole?"

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2022 4:40 AM

People like this who just do whatever they want or these scenarios where one person ruins something for a dozen other people are asking for it. Especially with all this pent up rage out there.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]Should I have kept my mouth shut and maybe told the park maintenance people that someone was walking on the trail?

That depends. How big was her dog? If the answer is large, then you did the right thing. If the answer was small/toy, then the correct thing to do after her "fuck off, asshole" line would've been to stop, slowly approach her, stare directly into her eyes, and in the most even and calm tone possible asked her "Who are you talking to?" And just patiently wait for a response.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 4:51 AM

R37 Sure, Jan. So tough on here but in reality someone could just blow on you and you'd fall over and die. Like most nelly bitches.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2022 4:53 AM

What are you supposed to do? It’s really dangerous, not to mention rude and enormously inconsiderate to all the people SKIING around you. Jesus these people anymore.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2022 4:56 AM

Was this big dog excreting foul-smelling, squishy faecal matter across the professionally-groomed pathway?

Was there malodorous brown streaks through the whiteness?

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2022 4:58 AM

I would have had her shot. The dog can live if it was a rescue dog.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2022 5:27 AM

I would have called her a dried up old cooze and a fucking cunt.

I ain't playing with mouthy bitches.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2022 5:49 AM

Honestly, the fact that you think my suggestion at r37 is in any way, shape, or form, an example of being "tough," says far more about your level of bravery than it does mine, r38. That was a very cool, collected, and mature, way to approach a conflict. I'd hate to see how you'd view an actual act of aggression, but I do hope, for your sake, that you'd have a pair of spare underwear, handy. FOH with that. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2022 7:13 AM

What, R34?

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2022 3:00 PM

Maybe he gets in her face and she shoots his head off.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2022 3:10 PM

I never “meet cute” like the OP and this woman. This sounds so much like the beginning of a Meg Ryan rom-com.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2022 4:02 PM

That classic skiing looks pretty fun, OP, I'd like to try it.

With regard to your issue, I'd suggest taking off one of your gloves and slapping her in the face with it. Once on each cheek should suffice; you're a gentleman, not a rogue.

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2022 4:11 PM

Just laugh it off. Maybe give her a wave and a “thanks Toots!”

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2022 7:03 PM

Some people on DL sound really fucking creepy and demonic.

Looking at you, R34. Are you posting from a mental facility?

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2022 7:19 PM

What do they use these "trails" for when there's no snow on the ground?

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2022 8:18 PM

Walking, cycling, hiking, R50. Some areas outside cities have trails for horseback riding that are used for skiing in the winter. Inside cities lots of golf courses make trails for skiers in the winter too.

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2022 8:24 PM

So for all you know, this could be where she walks her dog every day.

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2022 8:34 PM

Here's what I do know, R52 - walkers are not allowed to be on the ski trails in the winter. Signs are posted everywhere, the park in question is huge with several other trails for walking, she had no reason or right to be where she was.

People like her destroy trails that are used and enjoyed by hundreds of people, but sure, individualism is more important than a feature that is meant for hundreds of others to enjoy and utilize.

I guess you were fine with the woman in Central Park walking her dog in a known bird watching area that was off limits to dogs too?

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2022 8:50 PM

Remember when men routinely closed their wives' mouths for them?

All Republicans seem to want to return to that time and with stories like these...it is tempting!

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2022 9:46 PM

[quote] People like her destroy trails

2 human feet and 4 dog feet "destroy" trails?

by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2022 9:53 PM

Yes, R55. Absolutely they do. You obviously know nothing about skiing if you don't know that. That's why signs are posted stated that walking is not allowed on the ski trails.

by Anonymousreply 56January 13, 2022 9:56 PM

Obviously, the rich skiers need to employ armed marshals to prohibit those humans from entering and destroying their play grounds.

by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2022 10:06 PM

I just assume everyone I see in public who does something that pisses me off is carrying a gun. That keeps me quiet.

by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2022 11:03 PM

Not that she would have cared, but I would have made it clear to her the problems she was creating. My guess is she wanted to let her dog shit without having to pick it up. She’s an as sole and a psycho for raging about someone saying excuse me.

by Anonymousreply 59January 13, 2022 11:10 PM

[quote] dog shit

Dog owners should force their dogs to do it on their own property.

by Anonymousreply 60January 13, 2022 11:12 PM

R56 I know nothing about skiing either, but if there are signs up everywhere saying dont walk on the ski trails, I presume they're there for a reason

by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2022 11:14 PM

[quote] a reason

These rich skiers don't like having to contend with a surface which isn't perfectly groomed and perfectly smooth.

by Anonymousreply 62January 13, 2022 11:16 PM

I feel you, OP. You are neurotically analyzing everything that happened after a confrontation just like I would be. Are you a skier? It shouldn't matter but in terms of the personal morality of what you did, I think it does. Ultimately, you were attaining the dog was destroying the trial and probably associating this woman with all other rude dog walkers. Ultimately I think it was your bruised ego here, op. I still totally understand you though. Move to the Midwest

by Anonymousreply 63January 13, 2022 11:20 PM

Yup, I'm a skier, R63. I used like downhill but now I just do cross country - which is not an expensive sport and one does not have to be rich to enjoy it, R62.

The reason why the trails get wrecked, R61, is because the machine makes grooves, kind of like tracks, and if people walk on those grooves they get flattened and the track gets ruined. It's pretty expensive to get the trails regroomed all the time which is why all the skiers chip in a fee to have the trails maintained.

by Anonymousreply 64January 13, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote] which is not an expensive sport and one does not have to be rich to enjoy it

Oh, yeah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 13, 2022 11:55 PM

Beat 'er

by Anonymousreply 66January 13, 2022 11:58 PM

I think you’re right to speak up OP but of course you can’t control her reaction. Especially the second time, she proved she is selfish and out for a fight so it’s best to protect yourself in case she goes apeshit on you.

Please don’t dwell on this.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2022 12:00 AM

You're an idiot, R65. You can ski in city parks, often for free, no need for a national park. My city, and many cities I've lived in offer skiing in municipal parks at no cost to the user. Some people even haul their skis on the bus to get to the trails. A pair of cross country skis can be had for as little as $100, less if you buy them second hand, also many places have low cost daily rental for those who are just trying out the sport or for people who don't want to invest in a pair. Besides, even if this woman was poor, there were other available paths for her to walk her dog on, also for free.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2022 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!