Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Half the people in ICU are vaxxed

What will save us now ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 10:20 AM

There's no way that person allowed that picture of himself. Who gave permission?

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]The high number of vaccinated people in intensive care in NSW may appear concerning but it actually shows the jab is working.

[quote]Around 93 per cent of adults in NSW have now been fully vaccinated, leaving around 7 per cent of the population not entirely protected.

[quote]If vaccination didn’t protect people from infection or hospitalisation, Prof Bennett said the ratio of vaccinated people in ICU would be the same as those in the general population: 93 per cent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2022 4:23 PM

So, according to the article, the 7% of the country that isn't vaccinated at all are taking up half the ICU beds in the nation.

Meanwhile, the other half are people who are vaccinated and there is no good data as to whether they are there for covid or other reasons.

So, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2022 4:24 PM

It's Australia, most people are vaxxed. If half the people in the hospital are vaxxed but 93% in the general population are vaxxed it means vaxxed people are underrepresented in the hospital

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2022 4:25 PM

At this point, only the truly deluded would fail to get vaxxed. I worry for their unvaxxed children who could get very sick if they are obese or have other ailments.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2022 4:26 PM

If vaccines truly work, there won’t be half of vaxxed patients in ICU

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2022 4:28 PM

If seatbelts truly worked, there's be no auto fatalities.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2022 4:29 PM

Did you even read the article, fool?

From the article:

Around 93 per cent of adults in NSW have now been fully vaccinated, leaving around 7 per cent of the population not entirely protected. Despite making up a small proportion of the wider community, these 7 per cent now account for more than half of all ICU admissions. If vaccination didn’t protect people from infection or hospitalisation, Prof Bennett said the ratio of vaccinated people in ICU would be the same as those in the general population: 93 per cent.

Prof Bennett also noted that the 50 per cent figure was probably an overestimate as not everyone who is in ICU with Covid would have been admitted due to Covid. As the pandemic progressed Dr Chant said the community should expect to see increasing deaths of elderly people who are doubly vaccinated and boosted. “Many of those have got pre-existing health conditions,” she said.

People who are vaccinated can still get Covid but tend to get a milder disease with reduced rates of hospitalisations and death. Boosters can improve these rates even more, especially against Omicron.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 4:34 PM

50% ICU is a big representation nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 4:35 PM

As R3 pointed out, some (or many) of those 50% may be in the ICU "with" covid, not "for" it.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 4:39 PM

R10 As are the other 50% ?

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 4:40 PM

The vaccinated patients in ICUs are at-risk - assorted immune system issues from autoimmune diseases, cancer treatment, etc.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 4:40 PM

R12 same applies for the unvaxed if true

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote]As are the other 50% ?

Could be. But it's a lot more likely that the unvaxxed are there specifically "for" covid.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 4:42 PM

If your immune system is compromised vaccines won't work very well. Hopefully they'll be some meds soon for those people.

7% of the population now makes up 50% of the ICU. Great odds.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 4:43 PM

R14 You don’t know that

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 4:43 PM

OP, math can save you. Learn it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 4:44 PM

Still not comfortable with 50%

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 4:45 PM

OP, doesn't want to be saved. She doesn't even know she lives in the middle ages.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 4:47 PM

[quote][R12] same applies for the unvaxed if true

Vaccinated are at-risk because of underlying health problems. Unvaxxed are at-risk because they're raging fuckwits.

See the difference?

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote]You don’t know that

No, but I can put two and two together. I'm guessing logic wasn't your strong point in school.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 4:48 PM

I love how OP is treating this thread as if we give a shit if she gets vaccinated or not.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 4:50 PM

I’ll say it again:

This is a risk / reward analysis.

Vaccination is very low risk and possibly great reward.

The people who don’t want to get vaxxed seem to be in the “no lib is going to tell me what to do!” category.

That’s not an argument an adult makes in the middle of a pandemic. I’d say “good riddance” to these people, but they invariably also have 4-5 kids, so that complicates things.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 4:51 PM

Unvaxed could easily have underlying health problems to. Oh come on.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 4:51 PM

to=too

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 4:52 PM

Op never said there’s no reward from getting vaxxed. Just that it doesn’t save you if vaxxed patients represent half of ICU.

Emphasis ICU ICU

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 4:54 PM

Why are people expecting this diseased trash to be able to handle logic or math?

If they weren’t stupid in the first place, they never would have become antivaxxers.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] I’d say “good riddance” to these people, but they invariably also have 4-5 kids, so that complicates things.

Another problem is that many of those who don't die are going to have long-term health complications that will continue to tax the health system for decades to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2022 4:56 PM

You're an idiot R27. Nigeria has the LOWEST vaccination rate in the world, and also the lowest death rate per million.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2022 4:57 PM

Vaccination obviously does decrease the odds you’ll end up in ICU with covid.

Does it “save” you (whatever that means)? Who knows. Nothing in life is perfect. Those are the thought patterns of a not-very-smart child.

You need to vax, mask, stay home, socially distance. If you do all those things, you’ll likely be ok.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2022 4:59 PM

Yes, there's nothing more reliable in the world than Nigeran Covid Mortality Statistics.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2022 4:59 PM

OP = anti vaccination moron from some former Yugoslavia country infesting the DL

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2022 5:01 PM

R29 Nigeria barely even keep birth & death records. The government haven’t the energy, time or resources to detail accurately chart who is dying from what in their country, given that like many poor African nations they have over a hundred other contagious & deadly diseases to contend with, plus crushing widespread poverty and organised crime and restless warlords and fuck knows what else.

🎶There’s a world outside your window, etc.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2022 5:09 PM

Half the posts to this thread are the same idiot sockpuppet babbling to himself, aka the OP.

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote]I love how OP is treating this thread as if we give a shit if she gets vaccinated or not.

Try not to "we" troll when you want to make a point.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2022 5:22 PM

Here's the takeaway:

[bold]7% of people in New South Wales are UNvaxxxed, yet they make up 50% of hospitalizations.[/bold] Is that not clear enough that UNvaxxed are inherently more at risk of Covid hospitalization?

I mean, jeezooz people, don't wave your idiot flag around too hard.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2022 9:15 PM

No one's waving any flags, dear. Calm down!

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 10:20 AM
Loading
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

×

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!