Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump backers forged election documents in seven states to try to flip 2020 election

Yesterday, MSNBC reported that Wisconsin Republicans forged documents in 2020 to make it look like Trump won their state when he didn't. Later that day, Politico reported Arizona and Michigan did the same.

Late last night, Rachel Maddow tweeted that they had evidence Republicans in Nevada and Georgia did the same.

American Oversight also has documents showing Republicans faked electoral documents in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, too. SEVEN STATES in total where Republicans tried to fake a win for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 10, 2022 10:22 PM

Maddow's tweet about Nevada and Georgia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2022 10:30 AM

American Oversight's list of documents showing faked electoral certifications for all seven states:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2022 10:31 AM

Geez. Worse than we knew.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2022 10:32 AM

I seem to remember this being known a year ago.

The deluge of criminality is overwhelming. Trump cultists are depraved and shameless. Their partners kiss them, their neighbors like them, they keep their jobs. Insanity.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2022 10:36 AM

I'm trying to figure out what they thought would happen? We knew Biden won Wisconsin, for example. Were they going to show up on the day of certification with these fakes and say "oopsie doodle, guess Trump won lol" with seven separate states?

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2022 10:37 AM

I think American Oversight had some documentation last spring r4, kinda concerning that the media just accidentally forgot to mention it until now. And even now it may just end up being a Maddow story that everyone forgets by next week.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2022 10:38 AM

And the republicans have just spent the past 12 months rolling out voter suppression laws that will allow them to refuse to certify elections. They can contest people's votes and all kinds of stuff like this

The democrats have just sat back and watched. They're crossing their fingers and hoping it will all go away.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2022 10:48 AM

They just wanted to cause confusion and chaos so Trump could claim he needed to stay in office while they figured things out, you know, like his buddy Rudy did in NY after 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 10:51 AM

There's a limit to what Democrats can do in states that are run by Republicans. Their only option in many cases was to let voter suppression laws pass and then fight it in the courts. They also wanted a Federal law to override a lot of these states' laws, but there's always a handful of assholes and grandstanders in Congress who want to hold that kind of progress up.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 11:01 AM

The Michigan Repugs who forged the documents apparently were also there at the coup attempt on January 6th, and rented buses to get more people there that day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 11:52 AM

And were these people arrested? Jailed? No?

Then why the fuck does it matter.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 12:09 PM

Great now can we put them in jail?? What the fuck

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 12:12 PM

Meanwhile NYC just passed a bill allowing non-legal citizens the right to vote in local races.

But go off.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 12:26 PM

What? This is too crazy. This is definitely fraud. Open and shut.

Where are the feds? This was a (failed) coup!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 12:30 PM

We know R14. EVERYONE KNOWS, including the coup plotters.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 12:35 PM

This was a total coup.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 12:36 PM

R13, sounds good, at state level or the City?

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote] They just wanted to cause confusion and chaos so Trump could claim he needed to stay in office while they figured things out, you know, like his buddy Rudy did in NY after 9/11.

Well, tried to do anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 12:47 PM

We really have some Repug up in here saying that residents without green cards voting in local elections is worse than a bunch of Republicans faking electoral documents and sending people to the Capitol to overthrow the government to install Trump as president, probably permanently.

I mean, I guess if you're a Repug, you're stupid enough to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 12:52 PM

I’m sick to my stomach that the DOJ has fallen. If this was even 5 years ago we would be looking at mass arrests.

It seems like law enforcement all levels is just collecting their paychecks, health insurance and government perks while doing absolutely nothing to stop crime.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 12:52 PM

I assume it would be a Federal crime to submit faked electoral documents but I don't think we know how far the faked documents got. It sounds like they were brought to the the Capitol on the 6th, so they may not have ever been submitted because they coup didn't go the way they planned.

We don't know details yet but my guess is that they expected to be able to get the box of electoral certificates and replace the real ones with these faked ones.

Remember how much was made over the Senate aides who remembered to take the box with them when they evacuated? That might have saved us here.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 12:58 PM

Damn this was so close. Those Capitol police held the line.

If they hadn’t…

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 1:00 PM

I’m pretty sure they would have rounded up the gays first.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 1:00 PM

They wouldn't have done anything like round people up, they would have kept the facade of democracy going and slowly, quietly introduced more voter suppression tactics, more rightwing justices in all positions, things like that. Then suddenly in 2024 people would start to realize there wasn't going to be another presidential election, and 30% of Americans wouldn't care, another 30% would be glad because they were Trumpsters, and then all the cable news shows would start having panels asking each other if missing a presidential election was really that big of a deal or not.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 1:04 PM

Agreed. It would be like the run-up to January 6th when people were saying there were signs of a potential coup attempt and there were tons of op eds, Twitter political pundits, cable news tlaking heads all saying that we were being hysterical and overreacting. Then it happened and people said it wasn't a coup attempt it was just insurrection, then they downgraded it to riot.

If Trump managed to stay in office in 2024 anyone who said that there would be no more presidential elections would be told that they were being hysterical and overreacting. When it happened, it would get downplayed.

People need to stop expecting a huge military coup with fighter jets and bombs. The coup is happening now. When fake electoral documents show up in 2024 or 2028 people are going to be surprised and they shouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote] Meanwhile NYC just passed a bill allowing non-legal citizens the right to vote in local races. But go off.

What a load of false equivalency talking point BS.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 1:39 PM

I would give a Trump dictatorship about two weeks maximum. Donald and his lackeys could be overthrown by a group of Congressional pages with tasers.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2022 1:42 PM

But I thought it was the fairest and most open election ever? I thought electronic fraud is a myth?

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2022 1:44 PM

Me, I wanna know who at DOJ drafted the documents.

Because it's the same fucking document used across at least 5 states

The details are amusing - the forged PA certification for instance refers to the "State of Pennsylvania". Another document refers to "Doald Trump".

Bet the author is in the MS Word metadata because they really are that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2022 1:51 PM

[quote] But I thought it was the fairest and most open election ever?

It was.

[quote]I thought electronic fraud is a myth?

It is. If it weren’t, this little stunt would’ve worked and Dumpy would’ve been installed. I know that would make you happy, but it bolsters the points you’re sarcastically trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2022 1:59 PM

R14 If I am not mistaken, the feds were in on it. Or the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2022 2:13 PM

What is “Go off”? I cringe every time I see it written. Stop talking like that.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2022 2:16 PM

My advice to Republicans is next time you plan a coup d'etat, don't put Steve Bannon and Roger Stone in charge.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2022 2:43 PM

R19 No shit. Fucking barbarians at their core.

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2022 3:47 PM

R3, NOTHING that has come out or will come out will shock me.

That state Republican parties haven't been forced out for their criminality, is what should disgust us. Why are they even allowed to operate when they should be in prison? A voter who commits fraud is put in prison. How the fuck are these anti-democratic parasites not immediately arrested for what they've done? My God, you'd have Int'l intervention if this were happening in other countries. We have a major political party that doesn't believe in democracy, They have no business operating in a democracy.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2022 3:56 PM

[quote]Me, I wanna know who at DOJ drafted the documents.

Wouldn't it be that Jeffrey Clarke scumbag? I can't recall any other names coming up. The rest threatened to resign if Rosen was forced out and replaced by Clarke.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2022 3:59 PM

I wonder if the states just used elector certification templates that all states get? There's not much difference between them but I noticed some of the files in the American Oversight document dump had extra spaces between some lines and things like that. Makes me think it was a Word doc template, but I'm just guessing.

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote]I wonder if the states just used elector certification templates that all states get?

Rachel Maddow went into this last night.

Real election certifications vary in appearance from state to state. Some are very shiny and fancy, some are quite "just business" legal statements.

The forged certifications were all exactly the same document - format, layout and language.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2022 4:16 PM

Whoops!

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2022 4:54 PM

They will never get to the bottom of this cancerous rot. Then the 2022 elections will sweep all the investigations away.

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2022 5:00 PM

And font, r38.

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2022 5:27 PM

Thanks r38, I didn't get a chance to watch the show itself so I didn't realize that. Obviously someone provided them a template, it would be really interesting to find out who that was.

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2022 6:19 PM

R41, oh, that shit is funny.

The stupidity is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2022 6:46 PM

The BALLS these people are carrying around need to be carted around in wheel barrels.

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2022 7:06 PM

It’s not like the Justice Department is going to do anything. They will kick it up a notch.

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2022 7:21 PM

I just keep remembering how the media was telling us that staffers rescued the ballot boxes when everyone went to the safe rooms, and how there was at least one media outlet, I think CNN, who had someone on to say that even if the ballot boxes had been burned or stolen or something, the vote could have been certified without a problem so there was nothing to worry about.

It just feels like people already knew on January 6th that the insurrectionists were coming for the ballot box, and there WAS something to worry about -- faked electoral certifications throwing everything into chaos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2022 7:27 PM

These aren’t exactly “forgeries.” They are are making false claims about the election, but they are not intended to confuse anyone about who created them, or where they came from.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2022 7:32 PM

They're forgeries because they aren't the actual documents those states send in to certify the electoral results, r47. They were duplicates made to look like the actual electoral documents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote] but they are not intended to confuse anyone about who created them, or where they came from.

So tell us who created them and where they came from.

BTW, you have no clue about forgery laws.

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2022 7:38 PM

They were created by the Trump campaign and signed by the Trump electors.

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2022 7:43 PM

One of the AZ Republican pols who signed the forged certifications is running for Congress, and by gum he has opinions about that Democrat voter fraud yesiree:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2022 8:46 PM

Asked too many times to count already, but how in the hell aren't they arrested? This is why everything gets worse. The brazenness is unbelievable, and even today...I still can't believe it. This is a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2022 9:02 PM

At some point on January 6th Trump told his mouth-breathing faithful that Mike Pence failed to "correct the certifications" in critical states.

This all seems awfully fucking coordinated.

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2022 9:06 PM

Not worse; just more planned, deliberate, and multi-pronged. Trump had some truly evil people doing his bidding, and then some

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2022 10:28 PM

Seems so, r5.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2022 10:30 PM

People surrounding Trump and pulling his strings were not exactly a tree of owls.

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2022 10:35 PM

R28, Start over.

Come on, r52. It's not like they were on some sidewalk selling individual cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2022 10:40 PM

They'll keep trying until they get it right...

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2022 10:45 PM

If Rachel .Maddow broke the story, nothing will be done about it.

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2022 10:47 PM

It fucking pissed me off that Schumer gave a finger-wagging speech about voter suppression ….right after the largest city in his state announced they were going to let non-citizens vote. I know Schumer is senate majority leader, but somebody else should’ve made that speech. This is why democrats keep losing - they do STUPID SHIT LIKE THIS that plays right into the hands of the GOP and it’s dank media. It was a gift to republicans. It doesn’t matter if it happened before in US history….80% of Americans can’t locate the 50 states on a map - you think they believe you, or care if you say, “Well, ack-choo-allee, this has happened before therefore, precedent had occurred blah, blah, blah.”

All they care about is Trump & Tucker Carlson screaming “Fraud! Stolen election! Democrat voter fraud!” They hear “non-citizens allowed to vote in New York” and here comes Charles Schumer from NY saying, “You are too mean! You won’t let more people vote!” To them, it means “Why aren’t you letting Mexicans vote in your elections out there in Wyoming and Alabama?”

And don’t start with “Ack-choo-allee, that’s New York City, not New York State ….” The see Schumer, they see NY and they think “Fucking New York letting brown foreigners who don’t speak English vote!”

Great job, NYC. Upstate NY has always feared the brown and black people in the city. They’ve always feared Jews too, so I don’t doubt they believe this law will allow Hebrew speaking Israelis to vote by mail from Tel Aviv.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2022 11:05 PM

That's nice, R60.

Is there a reason you're engaging in whataboutism with a NYC law involving local elections that's already been challenged in court?

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2022 11:35 PM

R13, you need to suck a bag of leper dicks, you stupid fuck!

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]Forged Electoral Letters in Harebrained Scheme

Harebrained scheme? That’s right up MY alley—

Watch how ya step on The Brain’s toes, Fingers.

by Anonymousreply 63January 13, 2022 5:35 AM

[quote] and it’s dank media.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 64January 13, 2022 12:21 PM

But Hunter Biden!

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2022 10:57 PM

Trump admitted that Republicans would never win again if Democrats voter rights bill came to be. In other words, they cheat and the Democrats are more popular.

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2022 5:29 PM

Georgia Attorney General wants a grand jury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2022 3:44 AM

That's true R66, but the democrats aren't able to get that information across to the general public

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2022 4:03 AM

[quote]The democrats have just sat back and watched. They're crossing their fingers and hoping it will all go away.

Thanks, Berner, but these actions and laws were passed in red states where the GOP widely commands both the governorship and state houses, often by veto-proof majorities. What exactly would you like Nancy Pelosi to do about that?

Most people pretend the states don't hold a lot of power, but when it comes to elections they hold almost all of it.

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2022 6:26 AM

R69, while the republicans have rolled out voter suppression laws in 47 states, the democrats have done a thing about it. It's only the public calling Biden out on this that the dems have even started to do anything in the past month. It's so fucking pathetic

They only have 6 months to get anything done. The democrats voter's right bill is full of nonsense. They need to strip it down with just the basics. But they won't

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2022 9:46 AM

It was discussed today on The Terry Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 10, 2022 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!