Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity Feuds/ Celebrities Who Don't Like Each Other

An opposite thread to the thread "Very unlikely celebrities friendships.' because feuds are way more interesting than friendships.

Glee creator Ryan Murphy has attacked Kings of Leon for publicly rejecting an offer to have their music in an episode of the hit series. In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Murphy said that the band are “self-centered assholes” and that they “missed the big picture.” Jan 26, 2011

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 10:27 AM

Elton John Vs. Madonna: The 5 Best Insults Over the Years

1. John instigated the famous battle during the 2004 Q Awards. While accepting the award for classic songwriter, he said: “Madonna, best live act? F— off. Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot. Thank you very much. That’s me off her Christmas card list, but do I give a toss? No.”

2. John’s husband David Furnish got involved after Madonna took home the Golden Globe for best original song in 2012, beating John. “Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit.

3. Fielding questions about John backstage at the Globes, the Material Girl said, “I hope he speaks to me for the next couple of years. He’s known to get mad at me…He’ll win another award. I don’t feel bad.” Not exactly fighting words, considering John told NBC host Carson Daly that Madonna didn’t “stand a f—ing chance” for the award earlier on the red carpet.

4. Prior to Madonna’s Super Bowl gig earlier this year, John offered some unsolicited advice via Good Morning America: “Make sure you lip-sync good.”

5. “Her tour is a disaster and it couldn’t happen to a bigger c—,” John told Australia’s Channel 7 program Sunday Night earlier this week. “If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray of Light, stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no, she had to prove that she was like …,” he continued, not specifying. “And she looks like a f—ing fairground stripper.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2022 9:47 PM

Choosing not to approve your song to be covered in a karaoke style show does not make you an asshole. You are protecting the integrity of your music and your image. Those who agree to do so want the additional exposure and publicity. Kings of Leon don't want or need that.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2022 9:50 PM

Team Ryan

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2022 9:55 PM

Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill issued an angry Twitter post today (Jan. 26) directed at “Glee” co-creator Ryan Murphy, in response to his latest comments about the band’s decision not to license its music to the hit Fox show.

“Dear Ryan Murphy, let it go,” Followill wrote. “See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a new bra. Zip your lip and focus on educating 7yr olds how to say f—.” About an hour later, Followill wrote another Twitter post apologizing to “anyone that misconstrued my comments as homophobic or misogynistic,” although he kept his original tweet against Murphy intact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2022 10:00 PM

R1 - I LOVE the Elton John/Madonna feud. My mum saw Elton in Vegas once and said he shat on Madonna every chance he got. Such a petty queen!

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2022 10:09 PM

Who else does Elton hate? And why does he have it in for Madonna so bad when she doesn't even fight back? And why doesn’t she fight back?

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 4:33 AM

I think Madonna is actually a fan of Elton. She has posted clips of David wearing Elton-style glasses and playing his music.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 4:48 AM

The Rock and Vin Diesel

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 4:55 AM

[quote] About an hour later, Followill wrote another Twitter post apologizing to “anyone that misconstrued my comments as homophobic or misogynistic,” although he kept his original tweet against Murphy intact.

How were they misconstrued, people are not stupid. What else did he mean by them.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 4:58 AM

Charlotte Rae wasn’t a fan of Joan Collins and wasn’t afraid to let it be known!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 5:06 AM

You just know that fucking ape called Ryan Murphy a faggot in private. Screw him and his fratboy music.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 5:06 AM

The Rock should do a buddy comedy with Kim Cattrall

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 5:10 AM

Susan Sarandon said Mel Gibson was one step to the right of Atilla the Hun.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 5:11 AM

LOL three actors are dead because of Ryan Murphy and Glee.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 5:15 AM

Louise Lasser and Goldie Hawn had an epic fight at Chasen's back in the late 70's, Lasser pushed Goldie out of her chair and the two had to be restrained from hitting each other.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 5:17 AM

Meryl Streep and Tracey Ullman hate Charles Dance.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 5:21 AM

Frances McDormand hates everyone and everything.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 5:21 AM

To be fair, Kings of Leon are a bunch of pretentious gits, though.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 6:32 AM

I remember Murphy regularly attacking bands that declined to be covered on his precious show. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 7:08 AM

OMG, why, R16?

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 8:00 AM

He apparently was very mean and difficult to work with during Plenty.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 8:03 AM

Perhaps he asked her why she sounded South African instead of like a Londoner. Maybe it threw him off. R21

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 8:24 AM

I love how Madonna NEVER responds to John's swipes. So ends up looking like a bitter old nutter. MEANWHILE, they probably email each other after it gets some coverage.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2022 9:19 AM

Insufferable prick Thomas Sadoski read Jason Bateman for filth after JB tried to mansplain his defence of Jeffrey Tambor.

Firmly Team Bateman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 9:21 AM

Any details, r17?

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2022 10:15 AM

Was he actually "Mansplaining" OR did she not like his defense. I'm going with the latter.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2022 10:22 AM

Mariah Carey vs Nikki Minaj

as for Ryan Murphy, she needs unpurse her lips.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 10:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!