Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another mark of approval by the Queen for Camilla: The Most Noble Order of the Garter

"Unlike most other honours … which are awarded on the advice of the government and are selected by expert committees, this is in the direct gift of the Queen," said Craig Prescott, a constitutional expert at Bangor University in Wales. "This is entirely her decision."

When Diana was still alive and married to Charles, she wanted this Order badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2022 7:16 PM

Jesus! What's wrong with her face?!

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2022 2:50 AM

For wearing garters? They ARE nuts over there.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2022 2:54 AM

Camilla is a vile, monstrous creature, too bad the cancer rumors weren't true a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2022 2:59 AM

Most noble Horseface of the Royal Stables. Custodian of Prince Charles as a Royal Tampon.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2022 3:01 AM

I bet she’s never wished cancer on anyone, R3, you fat, ignorant, hypocritical yank.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2022 3:01 AM

My grandmother would never name Camilla or Wallis Simpson. She always called them "That woman!" It wasn't a positive gesture.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2022 3:15 AM

Your grandmother obviously had a keen eye for floosies.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2022 3:18 AM

@r3, "Camilla is a vile, monstrous creature, who killed her own cancer"

Fixed it for you

"The Most Noble Order of the Garter"

Finally, Camilla's leggins will no longer droop and pucker around her ankles

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2022 3:24 AM

She already had a face lift in NYC before her marriage to Charles. She also had her teeth fixed.

It's not like the Queen has much choice in the matter. And camilla has kept a low profile and not had any drama

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2022 4:01 AM

"She also had her teeth fixed. "

See, I knew she was anti-British. A slap in the face to the Queen Mum

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2022 4:04 AM

Neighhhhhhh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2022 4:06 AM

Love camilla

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2022 4:21 AM

She's a terrible babysitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2022 4:22 AM

@r12, "Love camilla "

Yeah, she was great in that Disney flick...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2022 4:25 AM

She's the Princess of Wales (in fact if not styled as such) and she will be the queen consort of England within the next five-ten years, and you're surprised she's been given this honor???

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2022 4:29 AM

"She's a terrible babysitter. "

She has a way with children a mother could only envy *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2022 4:30 AM

5-10 years? That is funny. She could get her promotion in the next 5-10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2022 4:33 AM

What a useless hag.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2022 4:40 AM

[quote] 5-10 years? That is funny. She could get her promotion in the next 5-10 minutes.

The next 5-10 minutes would indeed fall under the time frame of "the next 5-10 years." So, no, it's not that funny.

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2022 4:50 AM

Camila does seem like a down ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2022 4:52 AM

It seems like she's had that same hairstyle since she first started dating Charles.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2022 4:57 AM

It’s telling the world that Biden farted that proved she is Queen material.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2022 4:59 AM

That strumpet

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2022 5:05 AM

Charles nagged the Queen into giving Camilla the Royal Family Order and the Royal Victorian Order with the reasoning that it would be better for the future of the monarchy (ie him) if Camilla were to receive visible recognition for her role in the royal family. He probably did the same regarding the Order of the Garter.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2022 5:57 AM

[quote] Charles nagged the Queen into giving Camilla the Royal Family Order and the Royal Victorian Order with the reasoning that it would be better for the future of the monarchy (ie him) if Camilla were to receive visible recognition for her role in the royal family.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2022 5:58 AM

Why do people hate camilla?

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2022 6:28 AM

Some teeth whitener would've probably been a better present. And a set of those invisible braces.

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2022 6:40 AM

She'll be queen. The wife of a king is always elevated to queen even though the husband of a queen does not get the status of king. The King is worth more than the Queen in the deck.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2022 6:49 AM

[quote] My grandmother would never name Camilla or Wallis Simpson. She always called them "That woman!" It wasn't a positive gesture.

Funny, my husband refers to Meghan as "that BLOODY woman!"

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2022 7:50 AM

I like her. I'm glad Charles & Camilla were able to be together.

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2022 8:09 AM

The old broad has weathered and smartly navigated the BRF for years. I say she deserves everything she can grab with her withered, cigarette stained hands.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2022 8:14 AM

I don't thnk she actually exists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2022 8:31 AM

She'll never be Queen. This was a condition of the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2022 9:04 AM

I think she's stupendous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2022 9:08 AM

She might not go by the term queen, but she'll still be a queen. Kind of like how Lady Louise is a princess but doesn't use the title.

by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2022 9:12 AM

R9, I think it’s safe to say that after Camilla’s affair with Charles, which lasted throughout his entire marriage with Diana, and tampon-gate, both Charles and Camilla have caused more than enough “drama” and embarrassment to last a lifetime.

The British rags have done a fine job in rewriting history once Charles married the Rottweiler, which just shows how closely the BRF and the British media cooperate. They’re all trash.

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2022 9:39 AM

R4 Compared to Charles, she is a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2022 10:36 AM

R28, She will not be Queen, she’ll only be a Consort. Thems the rules!

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2022 11:07 AM

The Queen's fondness for horses is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2022 11:23 AM

The English look so, well...English.

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2022 11:28 AM

Things like this didn’t happen when Phil was around to put a halt to it.

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2022 11:39 AM

What tf they keep giving each other awards and titles??

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2022 11:48 AM

R42 hon, that’s what they do. Pat each other on the back for doing fuckall. Why do you think they live so long? STRESS FREE! Imagine never having to worry about money and being worshipped daily?

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2022 2:06 PM

[quote]after Camilla’s affair with Charles, which lasted throughout his entire marriage with Diana

There is no proof of this and I'm pretty sure it isn't true. It has been conveniently forgotten by those keen to jump on the Diana bus that Charles had THREE married women as his "close confidantes" when he met Diana, of whom Camilla was only one. There was also Lady Dale Tryon, and I forget who the third was (I'm remembering this from the time it happened). He seemed equally close to all of them; if anything Dale had more prominence. After Diana's wedding they were all dropped -- and, just for the DL, Diana also fired his long-time valet. Oh, and they were ALL at the wedding, not just Camilla. (I can't swear to the valet.)

Charles said during the claim and counter-claim War of the Waleses that he had done his best to make the marriage work and had only taken up with Camilla [again] after it became clearly unworkable. That fits with the observations of many of the press on that tour of Australia he did with Diana in 1983. Even when interviewed at the time of the separation, when they had more understanding of the relationship, several of them said he appeared genuinely besotted with her at that time.

There is also the question of Camilla's own motivation. She had not long before left an indecisive Charles standing and had married Andrew Parker-Bowles, and she had young kids. Diana's narrative is that Camilla was sleeping with Charles throughout this period and on into his marriage to Diana. AP-B apparently wasn't faithful so she probably thought nothing of the odd aristocratic indiscretion, but knowing what she's like, does anyone really think Camilla spent her youth undermining someone else's marriage just for the sake of it? There was virtually no hope in the 1980s the PoW was ever going to be allowed to divorce, let alone marry a divorcee. Alternatively, can anyone really hear Camilla saying, "I can't LIVE without you!" And if you can - then why didn't she wait longer for him to propose in the first place, and get the titles and the loot as well? Isn't it more likely that she relaxed back into her own marriage and let him have a go at his, and that they only came together again when both marriages were failing? I can see Camilla's jolly, sensible demeanour becoming more and more attractive the longer Charles was married to someone who kept throwing herself downstairs, crying in the limo between public engagements, flagrantly upstaging him in public and stalking other men in private.

The motivations suggested here are all speculation and could be wrong, but please be advised, so is The Crown. It's not the truth, people.

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2022 2:38 PM

Even if Camilla waited for Charles she was definitely not a suitable candidate to marry him. She was a known “party-girl”

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2022 2:42 PM

One can imagine it getting lost in the sofa cushions amongst the ciggie ash, biscuit crumbs, and dog hair.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2022 2:45 PM

[quote] but knowing what she's like, does anyone really think Camilla spent her youth undermining someone else's marriage just for the sake of it

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2022 2:51 PM

R38 There are two types of British Queens - Regnant and Consort. Interestingly, a woman gets to be called ‘Queen …….’, whereas they have all sorts of rules and hoops around ‘Princess’ - which Diana never was, except when Princess of Wales. The post divorce title - ‘Diana, Princess of Wales’ was supposed to be a come down, not a promotion.

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2022 2:59 PM

R44 speaks the truth. Also, Diana suffered from bad mental health issues - no one seems to want to acknowledge this. She threw herself down some stairs while pregnant with her child - that alone is testament to some serious mental health issues. Because she was so young when she married Charles - and because of the era in which they lived - Diana undoubtedly was undiagnosed and had no mental health support. It wasn't until the pressures of motherhood and princess-hood got piled on that she began to crack. Charles is no innocent person here, but I totally believe that that he gave the marriage a good solid go and that Camilla tried to stay out of it.

This narrative that Diana was an innocent, pure, perfect creature who was preyed upon by Camilla and Charles makes for a nice royal soap opera, but it isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2022 3:02 PM

R48 she lost the HRH after the divorce. She was always Diana, Princess of Wales while married. She was a Lady but never Princess Diana in her own right.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2022 3:10 PM

During her marriage, she was HRH The Princess of Wales. After her divorce, she was Diana, Princess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2022 3:51 PM

Camilla is hideous, but Charles is certainly no looker, they are perfect for each other. Diana was way too good for Charles, he didn't deserve her.

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2022 4:10 PM

[quote] both Charles and Camilla have caused more than enough “drama” and embarrassment to last a lifetime.

HAH. We're not finished yet.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2022 6:46 PM

Diana was nuts in a bag.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2022 7:04 PM

The Queen has officially lost control of her mental facualties. If the rest of her friends and family are smart, they'll work on getting all the honours, jewelry, properties, and money they were previously denied.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2022 7:35 PM

r55 despite claims to the contrary, comfortable surroundings, i rather thought they were prostitutes of the state forever locked into debt and rolled out as figureheads or scapegoats to shift focus off the nobles and rare electees that rule the govt. the og reality show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2022 7:50 PM

Honest question: why do we care? I'm not a royalist AT ALL but come on, Diana has been dead for 25 years, Charles has now been married to Camilla longer than Diana and had Diana lived, I'm sure she would be remarried by now. Who cares? Get over it, people get divorced all the time now. I've never got the vile hatred for Camilla. Yeah she looks like the dog's breakfast, but Charles ain't a looker himself.

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2022 8:06 PM

[quote] She will not be Queen, she’ll only be a Consort. Thems the rules!

Actually, R38, thems not the rules. She will become Queen on Charles’ becoming King. She will be coronated with him the following year

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2022 8:06 PM

I don't understand people on here getting so caught up in the Royals unless they're British and paying for it all. That said, I have two friends in London who know the Duchess quite well and they adore her. So, I hope they let the old girl the big crown and all the jewels.

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2022 8:20 PM

Camilla will undoubtedly become queen, but Clarence House better be working on a PR strategy since it will represent a reversal of position. They proactively offered Camilla would not use the title Princess of Wales or become Queen consort when Charles ascended to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2022 8:25 PM

" I have two friends in London who know the Duchess quite well and they adore her. "

Nah, I know those two, nothing but a couple of royal suck-ups

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2022 8:27 PM

"She will be coronated with him the following year."

Crowned, I think, is the proper verb.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Is anyone really going to care besides a handful of Diana obsessives? The British public have bigger issues than Camilla's title.

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2022 10:04 PM

R63, I don’t know that you have to be “Diana obsessed” to remember Tampon Charles and Camilla. They’re both disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2022 10:08 PM

R64 remember is one thing, give a damn is another. Anyone who still cares about the triangle 30+ years later, and 25 years after one of them is dead, is obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2022 10:14 PM

Camilla is HRH The Princess of Wales right now. That’s just how it works. When Charles is coronated she’ll be a Queen. Whether she chooses to use that title, it’s up to them. But she will hold the titles.

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2022 11:02 PM

R66 is correct. And she will use the title of Queen Consort.

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2022 11:08 PM

^ Why, was "Queen Homewrecker" taken?

by Anonymousreply 68January 11, 2022 11:43 PM

POOR SAINT DIANA O M G

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2022 12:05 AM

R44 Yup, the RF has tried to cast Charles and Camilla as star-crossed lovers but back in 1973 Camilla wanted Andrew Parker Bowles not Charles. Charles had other “confidants” pre and post marriage Kanga and I think Eva O’Neill (mother of Pss. Madeleine’s husband Chris). In spite of the obvious perks, marriage to Charles probably isn’t a picnic, so if extra honors make it easier for her to face the day, good for her. It’s kind of a sweet love story in its own way…the beautiful, young woman thrown over for the plainer, yet more age-appropriate consort.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2022 12:38 AM

R66, are you done drooling yet over Camilla? Maybe you should volunteer as a stable hand, you could clean her hooves personally.

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2022 3:12 AM

[quote]because of the era in which they lived - Diana undoubtedly was undiagnosed and had no mental health support.

Not so. One of the ways we know Meggsy is lying is that the RF got Diana [no doubt eminent] psychological support quite early on. They knew what was going on and could see how dangerous she could be to the Firm. The linked article details all the people who dealt with her. (You pick the one she charmed.)

It's also interesting that the doctor with the gloomiest view of Diana's case thought her condition might be able to pass to her children. Not looking at anyone in particular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2022 4:27 AM

Camilla is a slime bucket, nobody gives a shit about her except Charles and deranged anti Diana loons still crawling out from under a rock to this day.

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2022 3:56 PM

I heard she farted and blamed it on Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2022 4:56 PM

It is "anti"and deranged to link to a list of the psychiatrists she saw, R73? In response to an assertion that the RF didn't get her help?'

Or are you of the view that saying someone has a mental illness is "anti" her?

by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2022 12:58 AM

The monarchy is hopelessly antiquated.

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2022 1:07 AM

And yet, her brother was so fine looking…

by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2022 1:23 AM

Even a dimwit like Camilla is smart enough realize that referring to herself as "Princess of Wales" would be the biggest joke in the history of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2022 2:31 AM

I don't actually "like" public figures who I'll never meet. But I think I would like Camilla. She's smart and brave, and I aspire to those qualities.

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2022 2:42 AM

I was team Diana--fully believed she was being gaslit by Charles who never loved her. On the other hand he couldn't marry the woman he actually loved, Camilla, because her hymen was in shreds. Those were the days, people.

by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2022 3:29 AM

He wasn't ready to get married when Camilla was free anyway. So she married someone else.

by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2022 6:41 AM

[quote] The monarchy is hopelessly antiquated.

Yes, far better to have heads of state like Trump and Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2022 6:44 AM

Boris Johnson isn’t head of state R82.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2022 6:47 AM

Trump had us going in the right direction. Democrats have utterly destroyed us.

by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2022 7:10 AM

^ Klan Granny trash

by Anonymousreply 85January 13, 2022 11:14 AM

^ And that's being kind

by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2022 12:21 PM

Camilla isn’t hideous. she looks like a typical upper class country woman, and Charles is completely besotted with her even after all these years. I think it’s a good marriage and I’m looking forward to see her as queen consort.

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2022 12:38 PM

She’s going to murder Charles then assume the throne as Empress of the British Empire!

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2022 12:49 PM

What r31, r44 and r49 said.

I couldn't wait to see pix of Diana. Her stardom was (and, apparently, still is, to some) singular; a thing apart from any other public figure in my lifetime, and this was pre-internet and social media, when it took work and/or super-human charisma, to maintain public interest.

Still, you can't read accounts of those who knew her, and spoke and wrote about her (Tina Brown comes to mind) and not realize Diana's cheese was off the cracker. She'd have been a miserable wreck no matter who her husband was.

Ultimately, the Windsors, and then society's, antiquated, even for the 70s and 80s, notions of requiring a virginal bride are to blame.

True, Charles, too, may have ended up divorced no matter who he married, but, if he would have been allowed let his hesitation about marrying Diana run its course, perhaps they wouldn't have married and she would still be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2022 1:25 PM

I really, really cannot wait for Tina Brown’s new book on the family post-Diana.

by Anonymousreply 90January 13, 2022 1:29 PM

She’s hideous

by Anonymousreply 91January 13, 2022 1:45 PM

She was a mistress looking to be the Queen to the head of the monarchy.

Like me, she's almost there.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2022 2:32 PM

[quote] I couldn't wait to see pix of Diana. Her stardom was (and, apparently, still is, to some) singular; a thing apart from any other public figure in my lifetime

I just don't get it, and never have. And I am of her generation.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2022 2:40 PM

R81 I know that but even if she got divorced they couldn't have married back then because she was divorced and her hymen was in shreds.

Diana's hymen was a firm trampoline, verified by a doctor so Charles said "Eureka! Will you and your hymen marry me??"

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2022 2:43 PM

Her face looks like a scary Halloween rubber mask! She really looks like she would scare the children.

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2022 3:38 PM

Camilla actually was crazy about the guy she married. He was quite the catch. I think Anne dated him as well. At that time, Charles wasn't her first choice.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2022 3:45 PM

Reminds me of the expression from around the time of Jackie Kennedy. Women marry the first time for love, the second time for money and the third time for companionship. Charles married Camilla for love and companionship and Camilla married Charles for money and companionship. No need for either of them to stray, they both got the right combination the second time.

by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2022 6:35 PM

Her hymen was in shreds

No one wants to think of Camilla and hymen in the same sentence, it's terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2022 7:37 PM

^ Not as bad as the thought of Camilla losing her virginity to that soccer team

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] I just don't get it, and never have. And I am of her generation.

r93, You reminded me of a remark someone made to me about Diana after her death- "I always thought her face looked like a man's".

Damn, now when I see pix of Diana, I see that, too! I almost wish I hadn't heard that remark.

Anyway, I know what you mean. I have nothing against Marilyn Monroe. I think she had untreated mental illness and was terribly exploited by the hetero males in her life.

But I remain completely unmoved by her stardom.

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2022 1:24 PM

Why blame Camilla? She was his first choice but they wouldn't let him marry her. He was always in love with her but was forced to marry Diana. The only good thing Diana did for him was have two good looking sons.

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2022 1:39 PM

[QUOTE] The only good thing Diana did for him was have two good looking sons.

Debatable. They’re becoming bald as eggs and the Windsor genes are starting to creep in.

by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2022 2:49 PM

Diana was the most beloved human being to ever walk on the face of this earth!

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2022 3:53 PM

I'm an American, and I adore Camilla. Come at me, whores. #YaaaasssQueen

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2022 4:39 PM

What does you being American have to do with anything R104?

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2022 4:54 PM

I repeat: do stop watching The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 106January 15, 2022 8:36 AM

Sorry, that made no sense without the quote. Here goes again:

[quote]She was his first choice but they wouldn't let him marry her. He was always in love with her but was forced to marry Diana.

I repeat: do stop watching The Crown.

—R44

by Anonymousreply 107January 15, 2022 8:37 AM

You can watch The Crown and recognize that it's historical fiction. Most of us watching it aren't treating it like it's a documentary. It's obviously a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 108January 15, 2022 12:47 PM

A soap opera script that went terribly, terribly wrong for Diana.

by Anonymousreply 109January 15, 2022 3:49 PM

She helped make it terribly, terribly wrong for herself.

by Anonymousreply 110January 15, 2022 3:55 PM

Camilla, Most Noble Steed.

by Anonymousreply 111January 17, 2022 12:31 PM

R26 Pure misogyny.

She has the nerve not to be pretty yer to have gotten the love of possibly the world's highest status husband, whose much younger and prettier first wife made his life miserable, but whom they have turned into a saint for to her looks and early death.

They adore Liz Taylor who broke up not one but two marriages with young children involved and humiliated wives . . . But she was a STAR, baby! And gorgeous!

The first Mrs De Winter also broke up a marriage, had affairs, stalked one of her marks, and her last BF was a sleazy playboy tied to his corrupt father's rich cock . . .

But, hey, it's really Camilla who's Baaaad.

Camilla and Charles on the other hand really have managed a successful marr6and she's probably given him the only domestic peace he's ever known.

Whilst Diana went on making the same mistakes with men over and over till her last mistake cost her her life.

It's Diana who was the horrible slag.

But she looked so much better at it that all these shallow poufs don't care.

Camilla looks earthy, fun, funny, warm, and like she doesn't take herself too seriously. She took years of hate and threats to stand by Charles, and she has money of her own.

You would never have found Cammie wasting a hearty roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and a pint with her finger down her throat in the loo.

You know, so she ould look good for the cameras in all those slinky clothes?

by Anonymousreply 112January 17, 2022 1:24 PM

What r112 said.

by Anonymousreply 113January 17, 2022 2:16 PM

Diana was the most beloved human being in the world. While Camilla is essentially somebody that most most in the world don't give a shit about!

by Anonymousreply 114January 18, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]Diana was the most beloved human being in the world.

Diana who?

(F-ing Americans.)

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2022 1:01 AM

You think Asia and Africa didn’t go crazy for Diana? The landmine saint? She was huge in pop culture all over the globe. You must be young?

by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2022 1:39 AM

R116 We all know she was a pop culture icon. She was also a narcissistic shit who did everything she could to overshadow her husband, leaned her older son for the love she couldn't get from her husband, created a freaking demon out of her younger son who saw the other brother as the favourite, stalked a married man she was after, broke up one man's marriage, and the last man she was involved was a creep with another fiancee parked not too far away from the yacht on which Diana spent the last weeks of her life teasing and baiting the paps.

She was no saint, in some ways she was actively destructive in her personal life, and the fact is, Camilla succeeded where Diana failed: Camilla made him happy, stuck by him through thick and thin, never overshadowed him, and did a surprisingly good job of consort. She's never made the flamboyant spectacle of herself that Diana was constantly doing.

And that's why the Queen is honouring her.

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2022 9:10 PM

Diana made eating disorders terribly fashionable. Sadly, since her death people have become fatter.

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2022 11:36 PM

Is Camilla related to Madame?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2022 12:03 AM

LOL, while Charles is about as interesting as watching paint dry, even someone like Camilla couldn't possibly overshadow him, even if she tried. NOBODY gives a shit about her! But, of course, you can continue dreaming of eating her snatch, r116!

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2022 4:06 PM

For someone as interesting as watching paint dry, he has a curious attraction for worldwide media and quite a few attractive women.

Diana was a fool. Camilla isn't. The survivor is the moral of the story. Not who wants either to suck Charles' cock or eat Camilla's snatch.

Neither of which are relevant to why the Queen is honoring the Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2022 4:27 PM

Diana was crazy, but she was also used by Charles. No way could the mother of his children be homely like Camilla. She might have some good pussy, but had they married and had issue, those spawn would have been hideous.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2022 4:38 PM

R122 in fairness to Charles, he was basically forced into marriage with Diana. He was in his 30s, he needed to get married to someone with a "spotless reputation," e.g. a virgin, and Diana was basically that girl. Diana and Charles shouldn't have been nothing more than a fling but it's all history now and Diana is long since dead. William is much more Windsor than Spencer, and Harry has basically inherited the lack of intelligence and emotional instability of the Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2022 4:57 PM

To the victor belong the spoils. I have to hand it to Camilla, she stayed the course and will probably end up Queen of England.

Even though Kingship isn't automatic when marrying a Queen, the reverse is not true. The KIng's spouse always has the title Queen. When Charles married Camilla they knew sentiment was so strong and raw over Diana's death that it would be inadvisable to give Camilla the title she was normally due, Princess of Wales. Furthermore, any discussion of Camilla eventually becoming Queen was quashed by the Palace and Charles, still reading the room. If forced to respond, it was said that upon Charles ascending the throne, Camilla would be titled 'Princess consort'. This would be unprecedented in England or pretty much anywhere else--the wife of a KIng is not a Queen??

In 2018 all mention of this or any discussion of Camilla's eventual title was scrubbed from the Royal websites.

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2022 5:03 PM

R123 - I agree up to a point - I would, though, use the word "pressured" rather than "forced". He was 32, if he'd told Mum and Dad he really didn't love her and he needed more time, they'd have said, "Fine."

Robert Lacey once pointed out that Diana succeeded where his other girlfriends failed because she was savvy enough to seduce the press and public first. Her timing and her optics couldn't have been better.

But he didn't have to marry her. I think he was just run to ground at last. Giving in was his own decision.

by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2022 6:18 PM

The hate towards Camilla is purely misogynistic. It's all rooted in the fact that Charles loved her despite his much more physically attractive first wife. In reality, Charles and Camilla is love story with a complex but overall happy ending. While Diana was much more beautiful, Camilla is much more grounded, intelligent, funny and supportive. She has been in his life for almost 50 years, they've been married longer than he was married to Diana and while she is perhaps not beloved, Camilla has gone from the most hated woman in the UK (someone the Queen referred to as that "wicked woman" for years) to one who is respected now.

by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2022 6:21 PM

R124 - If they'd entered into a morganatic marriage, then the King's wife not being Queen would have been all right. But they didn't. I'd wager a good bit that behind the scenes, before Charles proposed, discussions were held about the possibility, just as they were with Edward and Wallis. But fair play to Charles, that would have been setting up Camilla as Less Than right out of the gate, and if discussed face to face, was swiftly declined. Edward felt the same.

Morganatic marriages are rare, but they're used to defuse situations just like these: a King marrying a less than popular or low-born wife, and to soothe public feeling, going the morganatic route.

by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2022 6:21 PM

[quote]The hate towards Camilla is purely misogynistic. It's all rooted in the fact that Charles loved her despite his much more physically attractive first wife.

Can a misogynist hate one woman because they prize another woman more?

by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2022 6:30 PM

There is no reason to have a morganatic marriage in the 21st century. None, at all. Charles's position as future Head of the COE aside, which made things complicated.

Single heir marries a 2nd wife, just like more than 50% of his future subjects. She is his wife, full stop, and gets all the trappings and courtesies associated with that legal and social role.

by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2022 6:38 PM

[quote] The hate towards Camilla is purely misogynistic.

But Camilla is a horse, not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 130January 19, 2022 6:43 PM

"So it’s like a coin from the Franklin Mint? "

I COLLECT FRANKLIN MINT!!

by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2022 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!