Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you believe in an after life?

I'm conflicted.

I've always believed that we just die, and fade into non existence.

But now, I'm starting to wonder if there's something that comes after.

How about you?

by Anonymousreply 148January 13, 2022 10:46 PM

No.

End of thread (for me).

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2022 11:19 PM

As I just found out, there’s nothing.

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2022 11:19 PM

To be fair Bob/R2, HELL is an after life.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2022 11:21 PM

Possibly although I don't have any idea how the logistics of it all would work.

I've also entertained the notion of reincarnation. I have no strong theory or conviction to back this up either except it just seems to me some people have been here before and know exactly what to do whereas others are clearly newbies.

I don't know really.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2022 11:39 PM

I know the secret! I know the secret!

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2022 12:53 AM

I can feel something inside me say

I really don't think you're strong enough now!

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2022 12:55 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Afterlife as in angels singing or roasting in hell? No.

Reincarnation makes some sense to me. Your body dies, your souls lives on in another body.

But most likely there will be nothing after your death, just as there was nothing before your birth.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2022 1:11 AM

Humans are living organisms on Earth, like trees and flowers. When trees and flowers die, they cease to be - nothing more. Humans have the same fate.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2022 1:14 AM

I have some thoughts on this topic

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2022 1:17 AM

Trees and flowers don't live with a sense of consciousness. Therein lies the answer to the question. The spirit/soul is consciousness. When the body dies, it is the consciousness which passes on.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote] But most likely there will be nothing after your death, just as there was nothing before your birth.

R8 and R9 seem to have it.

But it does make me wonder why so many people still believe in an after life.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2022 1:17 AM

I don’t believe, but I hope. Reincarnation would be even better. I love being alive, as banal as that sounds.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote] I love being alive, as banal as that sounds

But you won't know when you're dead.

So it's a win-win.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2022 1:20 AM

One of the logical problems with reincarnation is that there are more people alive than have ever lived so some of us must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2022 1:22 AM

Is this why you people say "pass away" instead of DIED, DEAD?

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2022 1:25 AM

Maybe Joe Rogan or Aaron Rodgers knows for sure.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2022 1:29 AM

What's the harm in believing? If you're wrong you're never gonna know about it.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2022 3:06 AM

I’ve been told, though I’ve never seen it, that there is an after birth. So logically, there must be an after life and an after death.

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2022 3:09 AM

You die, you become dirt. End of story. Enjoy it while it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2022 3:11 AM

I think we go back to the same state we were in before birth: oblivion. Anything else is wishful thinking, IMO. Learning to be at peace with nothingness makes life more meaningful, and death not as scary.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2022 3:14 AM

"Be it done unto you as you believe."

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2022 4:16 AM

[quote] What's the harm in believing?

I took a "religions of the world," 100-level class in college. I was surprised to find out that the core of most religions seemed to be fear-based, specifically, fear of death. Is there a heaven? Is there a hell? How can you stay out of hell? Etc.

IMO, believing in an afterlife is, on the whole, detrimental. IMO, if people believed that this one life is all you have, we'd all be better off.

Yes, you'd have murderers, but we have murderers and psychopaths, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2022 4:23 AM

The interesting thing is just as you don’t remember your birth or before your birth, you’ll probably not remember your death. Thus, your whole life experience will never exist to you when it’s time to go.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2022 4:33 AM

People who believe in any form of afterlife think they are much more important than we are. We are just a blip of time on the planet, let alone the universe. The most important thing we have done is to be the only animal on this planet who has wiped out millions of species and caused irreparable damage to the planet's health.

If there is an afterlife most humans would deserve to go straight to hell - no get out of jail card.

Consider yourself lucky that when you croak, that's all she wrote.

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2022 4:40 AM

A primitive, goofy idea

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2022 4:41 AM

Of course there's no afterlife just like there's no Santa Claus. Afterlife is aa concept invented to scare and control people.

Live!

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2022 4:44 AM

@r21, "I think we go back to the same state we were in before birth"

This is correct. Whatever you were before you were born is what you become after you die

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2022 4:48 AM

[quote] One of the logical problems with reincarnation is that there are more people alive than have ever lived so some of us must be new here.

Also how did it start? Did a bunch of people got generated, and then the cycle of reincarnation could start? Such a bullshit "theory". I can't believe some people fall for something so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2022 4:48 AM

But do you believe in life after love?

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2022 5:00 AM

The question only makes sense if you believe time is linear.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2022 5:01 AM

Carl Sagan said, "We are the way for the Universe to know itself." This is what I believe. We are the Universe made conscious and are lucky to be so. Our journey here as humans is a random, yet beautiful result of chance. Once our brains evolved to the current state (we are still evolving), we were able to know the world around us in a very unique way that was different from animals. We know we have an expiration date and animals do not. That makes us frightened and so we invented religions and the idea of an afterlife or reincarnation to give us comfort. But the truth is, we get 70-90 years tops to live and so much of that is spent in fear of the end. If people were certain there was no afterlife, this world would be a much better place because we would all recognize that we are the luckiest animals to live and create and make art and music...expressions of our journey's here.

And in the end, we return to the universe. It's actually quite beautiful if you think about it that way. So enjoy this one ride because there are no others. And since there is some evidence of the possibility of parallel universes, maybe that too, is a way for us to be immortal.

by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2022 5:06 AM

Wow, I love this, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2022 5:11 AM

r32 r33

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2022 5:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2022 5:28 AM

Yes! I love that, r34! One of the best videos ever.

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2022 5:29 AM

This one, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2022 5:32 AM

we get 70-90 years tops to live

Speak for yourself, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2022 5:38 AM

If you read Sir James George Frazer's "The Golden Bough" you'll see the prescientific roots of concepts like the "soul," which is based on magical imitation.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2022 5:39 AM

are memories all we have? cunty messages on sites. well, maybe that's why I'm here. preserving a legacy to carry off onto the future. my little piece of heaven, all the dirty graffiti pissed on the walls of your mind.

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2022 6:05 AM

[quote] Reincarnation makes some sense to me. Your body dies, your souls lives on in another body.

How does this make sense to you? Firstly how do our souls enter another body and secondly what about the souls that there’s no body for, do they get put on a waiting list? Where are they waiting?

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2022 6:11 AM

I didn't until I saw what I believed to be a ghost. That opened my mind to possibilities. I later got involved in meditation; that convinced me of the existence of a soul and of the spiritual plane. My story won't convince you if you are a hardcore skeptic, but I'd just suggest keeping an open mind always.

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2022 7:17 AM

Last Spring, I woke up at around 4am with these word being spoken to me telepathically - I'm not shittin you - "Tell Helen that she looks beautiful." Then again in a pleading tone "Tell Helen that she's beautiful. She NEEDS to KNOW that she's beautiful." That's it, and I'm wide awake now asking myself "Well, who the hell is Helen, and why do I have to tell her she's beautiful?!!" No idea at that point.

I drive to the Kroger at about 7:30am, and I see someone I went to school with walking her dog along the sidewalk as I drive by. We're not friends and we never have been, but I notice that she's crying as she walks with her dog. Yes, her name is Helen.

(using an alias here) Later that afternoon, I over hear a conversation as one woman says to another "Tim Reichart died last night." You guessed it. Tim was Helen's husband.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2022 8:55 AM

did you tell her she was beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2022 9:03 AM

Yes OP. I was an atheist for the majority of my life but have since returned to the afterlife brigade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2022 9:11 AM

I sent her an anonymous FB message (my handle is just some bs alias) telling her everything that I just typed at R43. Unfortunately, however, I realized that I'd omitted the pleading part after I sent it, and that was the more poignant bit! Dufus! Perhaps I'll write her an anonymous letter with the inclusion of that part.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2022 9:12 AM

The Other Side NDE has many near death experiences to view =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2022 9:14 AM

Not the first universe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2022 9:34 AM

Hey OP

religion is considered true by common people, false by the wise and useful by the rulers

Seneca the Younger

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2022 9:45 AM

R43 is nuts!!

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2022 9:55 AM

I don't "believe" in anything I can't prove or see for myself. But I do think it's highly possible that the energy source that powers living creatures may continue to exist after the body dies. What happens to it, or where it goes if it goes anywhere, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2022 10:08 AM

Sometimes I wonder if this isn't just a simulated reality. The older I get the more I don't believe we are anything beyond this life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2022 10:14 AM

I guess we’ll find out when we’re dead.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2022 10:21 AM

R53 Or sooner if you happen to have a NDE.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2022 10:25 AM

If there’s an afterlife and our souls go on living in other bodies then who are the mediums communicating with?

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2022 11:22 AM

No. We are nothing. The universe will keep expanding, and all the stars will burn out. Then the universe will collapse into itself into a tiny, infinitely dense particle followed by another "big bang." I hope the next intelligent life that just happens to luckily exist in a sweet spot does a much better job than humans.

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2022 12:42 PM

No. I have trouble believing that there is life BEFORE death.

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2022 1:06 PM

Yes, I do, but I'm not going to argue the issue. I'll just say that I've had more experiences from childhood to the present than that Medium woman, Allison DuBois. My father did, as well.

Over and out.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2022 1:12 PM

Yes….. we all have a purpose and it will mean something when we’re no longer in this existence. I know death sounds daunting and unknown but there is a reason for even that.

None of us asked to be here.

But here we are.

We all make mistakes and no one is perfect so take what you will with that and treat people as you want to be treated.

Just my personal take.. Carry on..

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2022 1:39 PM

I try not to think about it and let fate deal it’s hand.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote] let fate deal it’s hand.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2022 2:06 PM

I do. Not sure exactly what I believe, but I've had a few compelling experiences in my life that tell me there is something beyond this existence. But my gut says it's too complex (or is it too simple?) for us to understand.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2022 2:28 PM

I'd like to think there is something after we die but I know there isn't. So it goes.

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2022 2:36 PM

No. I don't remember anything that happened before I was born, so why should I remember anything after I'm dead?

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2022 2:38 PM

@R50 - I saw a ghost in my house once, too! Haha

-R43

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2022 2:44 PM

I think part of what limits us is we think of the afterlife (or lack thereof) in human terms. There is so much more that we have zero comprehension about. I believe there is something, and one of these days, I'll find out.

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote]I believe there is something, and one of these days, I'll find out.

Not really. If there's nothing, you won't know it.

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2022 3:08 PM

Such a catchy tune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 11, 2022 3:11 PM

r11, there are animals with consciousness- do they reincarnate?

by Anonymousreply 69January 11, 2022 3:13 PM

Good point, R66, and what limits people in their ability to comprehend is the fact that they're unwilling and therefore unable to grasp that we're two beings in one - we're human, yet also spirit.

R69, there are many, many self disclosed ND experiencers telling their stories on the WWW, especially on YouTube. Yes, a lot of them talk about seeing beloved pets during their NDE. Many of these people are in tears as they recount their experiences. There are articles and videos of hospital staff, who didn't have the NDE themselves, but nonetheless they relate their supernatural experiences with those they care for who are in the process of physically dying. Take some time to read and watch, yourself.

by Anonymousreply 70January 11, 2022 3:36 PM

As the brain shuts down, it releases chemicals that create these comforting visions to soothe a person as he or she dies.

by Anonymousreply 71January 11, 2022 4:40 PM

Elizabeth Taylor NDE on Oprah - said she died while filming Cleopatra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 11, 2022 4:44 PM

R72, Well Taylor always had a flair for the dramatic, just like Sharon stone. I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

by Anonymousreply 73January 11, 2022 4:50 PM

Look. Skeptics have their reasons for being skeptical. Likewise, believers believe for their own reasons. In the end, however, I guess we'll all find out for certain...or maybe not. When Taylor talks about trying to move an eyelid or finger to alert the medical team that she was not dead as she looked down on the scene, she says "but I couldn't because I was out." She is describing the fact that her consciousness had left her dead body. This phenomenon is relayed by almost all NDEers. Again, consciousness = Spirit/soul.

by Anonymousreply 74January 11, 2022 5:06 PM

Do you know what comes after life? DEATH you fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 75January 11, 2022 5:12 PM

A perfect reason for religious people to kill themselves, so they can finally LIVE! Go ahead fuckers, kill yourselves now and do us all a favor.

by Anonymousreply 76January 11, 2022 5:14 PM

ask from your heart to the air for the truth. you will get it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 11, 2022 5:17 PM

Herpes?

by Anonymousreply 78January 11, 2022 5:24 PM

I’ve had an NDE. It was a short one. I believe we continue.

Reincarnation (not transmigration) always seemed plausible to me. Even more so when I had a conversation with my youngest son when he was 4.

My mother had died before he was born. He was told of this fact and had been to the cemetery. However, he was still 4.

1. Where is your mommy?

2. She died before you were born.

3. I died too. (I’m quiet.) I was very old when I died and I fell like this. (He proceeds to fall on the floor.) While on the floor, he says that he went like this as and points a finger up from his body to the ceiling and says psst. You don’t need your body after you die. He jumps up and says my son died too.

Remember he’s 4 years old.

Dr. Michael Newton has written some very interesting books if any of you have an interest. I discovered him a few years ago.

Apologies for the lack of grammar and if I’ve written this before.

by Anonymousreply 79January 11, 2022 5:31 PM

I don't "believe" as there's no way to know for sure, but I am intrigued by the idea and enjoy reading about and viewing NDE accounts. Thanatos TV EN on YouTube is a good one to check out if you're interested in that sort of thing.

I do think, based on some experiences I've had, that there's much more to life than what meets the eye. But does that mean there's a sky God, and/or our consciousness continues past the bodies' death? I'm not quite ready to make that leap.

If NDE accounts are in fact the result of chemicals in the brain, at the very least, I think it's pretty cool that we've evolved to have that experience on our way out.

by Anonymousreply 80January 11, 2022 5:46 PM

I think when we die, our body releases a bunch of hormones, and our nervous system plays out a simulation in our brain. So if you have a good conscious, you will probably go to heaven and be with your loved ones, dead or alive. The reunion will feel like a couple hours to you but it only lasts seconds in the real world. And then things fade to nothingness, similar to a very deep sleep.

Being alive sucks, and I would hate to exist forever, whether its heaven or hell. And I'm happy that there will be an end one day.

by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Retarded people believe. That's why it's a belief and not a fact.

by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2022 6:09 PM

Friend saw her fathers spirit leave his body. Soooo

by Anonymousreply 83January 11, 2022 6:23 PM

R61 That’s a reasonable response. Tell me what’s with it?

by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2022 6:30 PM

No I don't believe it. I'm a nihilistic atheist. We die and it's oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2022 6:31 PM

R83 So scientific...soooo....

by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2022 6:33 PM

Researchers have found that consciousness can continue minutes or even hours after clinical death. So when is consciousness finally extinguished after death? They don't know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2022 6:44 PM

"Oh, dear! "

There is no life after death for grammar Nazis only bleak emptiness where everything is spelled and punctuated correctly

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2022 6:45 PM

There is an afterlife. When there is no room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 11, 2022 6:53 PM

R74 it’s all a bit cliche now. these people are probably just repeating what they’ve heard others describe:

by Anonymousreply 90January 11, 2022 6:57 PM

I don't really believe in it but I am curious about consciousness after death. During the French revolution many of the beheaded were said to have blinked their eyes and tried speaking. Maybe when death happens that quickly it takes a few seconds or moments for the mind to catch up to body.

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2022 7:02 PM

R86 , it is scientific, it was witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 92January 11, 2022 7:14 PM

Who ya gonna call?

by Anonymousreply 93January 11, 2022 7:21 PM

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it is just converted from one form to another. (The Law of Conservation of Energy)

So, the energy in us will indeed go on, into other organisms, other planets, stardust, the cosmos. I believe our soul and spirit goes back to the creator which is the source of all energy. Not sure if that's a split second burst, like flying into the sun, or going through a wormhole. Either way we will meet I AM...

For those who have indeed become soulless through heinous acts, that's it. Death is the end.

by Anonymousreply 94January 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Thank you, 5 year old.

by Anonymousreply 95January 11, 2022 7:23 PM

I'll finally be pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 11, 2022 7:37 PM

[quote] only bleak emptiness where everything is spelled and punctuated correctly

Sounds like heaven.

by Anonymousreply 97January 11, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote] Reincarnation (not transmigration)

Must every thread on DL devolve into trans hate?

by Anonymousreply 98January 11, 2022 8:04 PM

And GOD or who or whatever created the Universe never in all this time thought well enough of us little humans that he/she/it created to give us the slightest most slimmest proof of a afterlife/heaven?..

no, we have to have faith and just believe without a single ounce of any, i repeat ANY kind of proof!

wouldn't it be easier (and humane) to have given us proof that there is a afterlife, a heaven, but we have to earn it so we all do better in the human life we have on earth?

it all sounds like the biggest most MASOCHISTIC scheme by a "loving "GOD...

by Anonymousreply 99January 11, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote] There is an afterlife. When there is no room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Rofl R89.

You totally stole that line from the movie "Dawn of the Dead."

by Anonymousreply 100January 11, 2022 8:29 PM

R99’s post is proof they’re already here.

by Anonymousreply 101January 11, 2022 8:34 PM

R85 Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 102January 12, 2022 1:52 AM

This guy died and went to hell....LIZARD DEMONS....oh my.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 12, 2022 2:04 AM

My daddy is a preacher and I went to Heaven!!!......Then I grew up and milked my story!!.......VIDEO = from GMA who had a pastor on calling this a hoax........No comment yet from Balloon Boy!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 12, 2022 2:15 AM

uh oh....Woman bumped into Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston when she went for her Hell visit (4 minute mark).......LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 12, 2022 2:23 AM

R105 WHITE celebrities don't go there!

by Anonymousreply 106January 12, 2022 2:29 AM

r92, the scientific method does not mean "someone observed it." It means, "Someone observed it, recorded it, analyzed it and it can be reproduced and peer reviewed and proven by others." Your friend watching the soul of someone "leaving the body" is hardly scientific. It's more like delusion.

by Anonymousreply 107January 12, 2022 2:50 AM

R106 = That is true. The White celebrities go to their mansions in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 108January 12, 2022 2:51 AM

R107 keep deluding yourself. Is your ignorance bliss ?

by Anonymousreply 109January 12, 2022 3:16 AM

Um, I'm not the one claiming that someone seeing a soul leaving a body is "scientific."

by Anonymousreply 110January 12, 2022 4:50 AM

I originally read the thread title as "Do you believe in life after love?" and thought 'well, shit, I am REALLY gay".

by Anonymousreply 111January 12, 2022 5:54 AM

r105 I understand Michael Jackson but what Whitney have done to deserve hell?

by Anonymousreply 112January 12, 2022 5:54 AM

Whitney gave herself over to drugs to a shocking degree.

by Anonymousreply 113January 12, 2022 5:59 AM

No but I believe in life after love.

by Anonymousreply 114January 12, 2022 6:00 AM

Is Cher going to hell? Because that would suck.

by Anonymousreply 115January 12, 2022 6:01 AM

R112 = I don't know. That chick who claimed she went to hell was a whack case. She also said she saw Pope John Paul there. This chick has an imagination.

by Anonymousreply 116January 12, 2022 6:28 AM

@r115, why would Cher go to hell, what did she do? Now, Madonna...

by Anonymousreply 117January 12, 2022 7:34 AM

[quote]The scientific method does not mean "someone observed it." It means, "Someone observed it, recorded it, analyzed it and it can be reproduced and peer reviewed and proven by others." Your friend watching the soul of someone "leaving the body" is hardly scientific. It's more like delusion.

Such an experience could be observed and analysed; but hardly recorded, reproduced, peer reviewed and proven. Experiences of the supernatural are usually spontaneous, unanticipated, and unique, so unlikely events for the scientific method. It seems like a category error to expect them to be. The requirement for proof is futile.

by Anonymousreply 118January 12, 2022 2:58 PM

Is Davida lurking? All those YT links posted as "proof" is her MO and she's obsessed with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 119January 12, 2022 3:30 PM

There is no hell. What people who have NDE's and go to hell experience is a warning for them to change their lives while they have a chance. There are only levels on the other side, the top level being what one would consider heaven and bottom what one wuld consider to be hell but there is no hell with fire and brimstone. That woman that saw famous people in hell is because of what she believes in her mind.

There are so many well known experiences today about NDE's and miracles and sightings and ghosts that I find it hard to believe that people still believe there is nothingness after death.

by Anonymousreply 120January 12, 2022 3:44 PM

Heaven is a place on earth!

by Anonymousreply 121January 12, 2022 3:48 PM

R120, many scientists believe those visions in NDEs are the brain's way of shutting down and easing us into the final nothingness.

by Anonymousreply 122January 12, 2022 3:54 PM

^ So, then our last thought is a pleasant journey into the next life? Nice of our brains to be so kind and accommodating

by Anonymousreply 123January 12, 2022 4:46 PM

Yes it is. It's a chemical reaction before our final dirt nap.

by Anonymousreply 124January 12, 2022 4:51 PM

I already might have told this but I'll tell it again and I don't believe in an afterlife but this is weird. My aunt told me a story about my grandfather when he died. Now she was not prone to telling stories so this was very unusual for her. She said the night of the day they were preparing my grandfather for the wake she dreamt that my grandfather was complaining about the shoes he had on which were really hurting his feet. He dies and she's dreaming that he's complaining about tight shoes? She told my grandmother the next morning and they both agreed this was a strange dream to have. But often how do you explain a dream? Later that morning my grandmother is talking with the funeral home and they tell her in dressing the body they had a great deal of trouble of getting the shoes on. They really had to force them on. My grandmother promptly went out and bought a larger pair of shoes so they would easily slip on.

by Anonymousreply 125January 12, 2022 4:51 PM

I have to say being a very practical person I don't believe in much of anything, but I am smart enough to know that there's a whole lot of stuff going on out there that our tiny human brains can't yet comprehend. Don't believe me? Just try doing a shallow dive into quantum physics if you want to feel like a 4 year old caveman. It is most humbling to realize how little we really know

by Anonymousreply 126January 12, 2022 5:01 PM

I love when people dismiss anything that sounds illogical. Bitch, we were microscopic tadpoles swimming in our dads balls, now we are upright walking humans paying bills, eating pizza, jerking off. My point is nothing is more absurd than the fact we are here. Why would there not be an afterlife?

by Anonymousreply 127January 12, 2022 6:35 PM

What were we before life R127? My point is if we don't remember this life then what's the point of an afterlife?

by Anonymousreply 128January 12, 2022 6:37 PM

I am 80 years and have come to the same conclusion. This is all there is! I have a high IQ and when I was very young I realized that religion is nothing more than a method to control the masses. The churches had lots of pictures and symbols for people who could not read. Religion is nothing more than a control feature. Politics is a joke. Example - Trump and Biden being elected president, Two dim bulbs. Here is no afterlife, no heaven and no hell.

by Anonymousreply 129January 12, 2022 7:31 PM

Mr. I gota have proof scientist must have the intellectual capacity of a sperm swimming around in his dads balls.

by Anonymousreply 130January 12, 2022 7:32 PM

^^Irony.

by Anonymousreply 131January 12, 2022 7:36 PM

@r129,

With all due respect, John Lennon beat you to it...

"Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us, only sky"

by Anonymousreply 132January 12, 2022 7:39 PM

R120, you sound like a kook.

by Anonymousreply 133January 12, 2022 8:40 PM

I think it's very arrogant to be at either end of the spectrum; to be adamant that there's an afterlife, and to be adamant that there's nothing, I think it's best to be in the middle, neutral, agnostic, because we just don't know.

by Anonymousreply 134January 12, 2022 9:17 PM

^ That's it, since no one really has the answer it's best to be open to any possibility. Perhaps we're not capable of understanding what came before or what comes after

by Anonymousreply 135January 12, 2022 9:47 PM

that is bullshit R15. 40 billion people have lived and died through our existence.

by Anonymousreply 136January 12, 2022 9:52 PM

^^^ nope, I was wrong. I just looked it up and 117 billion have lived and died before us.

by Anonymousreply 137January 12, 2022 9:58 PM

Boy! I wonder who counted all those people.

by Anonymousreply 138January 12, 2022 10:30 PM

^ We got them computers now that do all the countin'

by Anonymousreply 139January 12, 2022 10:32 PM

I belive in life after. Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 12, 2022 10:34 PM

Oh, that’s very original, r140.

Hee-larious.

Just a funny as the first three times it was said. You, my friend, have a future in comedy.

by Anonymousreply 141January 12, 2022 10:46 PM

"Heaven" is a good 1980s song...actually, two differents songs, same title, by Bryan Adams and Warrant.

by Anonymousreply 142January 13, 2022 3:50 PM

I like to believe there's something out there. I'm not sure what it is, but the idea of everything just turning dark seems depressing.

by Anonymousreply 143January 13, 2022 5:14 PM

The angels are waiters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 13, 2022 7:03 PM

R140 Well, I believe in you and me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 13, 2022 7:22 PM

R145 Well, I believe I can fly.

I used to believed I can get away with molesting children, even film myself urinating on them, but boy did the law prove me wrong!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 13, 2022 10:27 PM

Hey, maybe someone should post that Cher song about life after something... Oh, wait

by Anonymousreply 147January 13, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote] HELL is an after life.

Darling, what do you mean AFTER life?

by Anonymousreply 148January 13, 2022 10:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!