Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Stole 2016 Election

More shit is coming out: Please check out Cheri Jacobus' Twitter Feed.

Why we were in shock by end of the night. Trump had lost popular vote by 3 mil, the weird magical unicorn combo of 77k votes and how they were divided strategically among those 3 key states appearing seemingly out of nowhere AFTER (we now know) Team Trump got secret exit pol

Manafort gave earlier internal polling to Putin, laying the groundwork. Election night after Trump camp (incl Manafort) got exit polling showing they lost, 77k surgically sliced & diced votes hit Mich, Penn, Wis giving Trump the electoral college win. Putin "tweaked" w/exit poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2022 6:17 PM

If you've come to "understand" and accept that DoJ will not indict Trump on obstruction in the Mueller Report, it will be easier for them to make you understand and accept no Trump indictment on 1/6 crimes or ANY of his other many crimes. You are the frog being boiled slowly.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2022 8:04 PM

Anywhere in Wisconsin there were paper ballots Clinton won big but anywhere there were voting machines Trump won-even in big Dem strongholds. And media cuz they’re simpletons bought into “economic anxiety” narrative so they didn’t question how pollsters cld be so wrong

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2022 8:05 PM

OK, so now what?

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2022 8:06 PM

Manafort gave earlier internal polling to Putin, laying the groundwork. Election night after Trump camp (incl Manafort) got exit polling showing they lost, 77k surgically sliced & diced votes hit Mich, Penn, Wis giving Trump the electoral college win. Putin "tweaked" w/exit poll

It's why Trump obstructed justice in Mueller Report. Yet Garland's letting him skate and "some" are starting the process of softening you into accepting that outcome. If you can be bought off w/ promises of "Garland will nail him on 1/6 crimes" despite no sign of action, ur lost

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2022 8:06 PM

R3 There is enough information to charge Trump. People have to be enraged enough to get Merrick Garland to formerly make charges, or to get Joe Biden to replace Garland.

Or we're done!

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2022 8:08 PM

The sky IS falling, just in very small increments.

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2022 8:08 PM

The walls are closing in !

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2022 8:12 PM

How can this be proved? I moved on, but election night 2016 has NEVER sat right with me.

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2022 8:16 PM

It does not matter what trump did, the democrats will not charge him with anything.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2022 8:20 PM

Garland just said he was not letting the big fish get away. Just because we don't know what is happening behind the scenes doesn't mean it isn't. Personally, I think they are planning all these developments and revelations to happen before the mid-terms in November.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2022 8:20 PM

Wow, this is the same sort of crap that I'd expect to find down a Facebook rabbit-hole. It actually has the ring of something possible. Guess I'll start sharing this alternate fact with the rest of the world, so we can can organize a protest, march down to the RNC, and...

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2022 8:21 PM

Let's be honest: EVERY election where the actual majority of voters are not the ones who get to determine the outcome of the election, is a stolen one. The electoral college needs to fucking go.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2022 8:23 PM

yup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2022 8:25 PM

Even people who spent 4 years carrying water for Trump won't admit to voting for him

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2022 8:25 PM

R2, even now, the media -when talking about Congress not getting anything done- NEVER mention how the Republicans don't do a god damned thing for the American people. Absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2022 8:26 PM

Participants

A partial list:[16]

Roger Stone,[22] a self-described "GOP Hitman"[23] and former member of Nixon's Committee for the Re-Election of the President

Tom Pyle, a former Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) staffer who later worked for Koch Industries[16]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2022 8:29 PM

Back in 2000, I used to joke the Bush family was in a Florida basement making ballets...Jeb was Governor of Florida during the election.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2022 8:33 PM

Hills conceded that election with a direct reference to the rule of law.

But on 01/06/21, THEY showed up by the busloads to subvert the rule of law.

There is no low to their low.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2022 8:35 PM

To be honest, for the longest of time, I did believe the old school Deep State and Shadow Government conspiracy theories. And, to some extent, it made sense to me that they wouldn't want the public to openly question the validity of the presidential election process (like, when Bush Junior won, twice). And I still believed that it was the Deep State that protected Donald Trump during his presidency from actual repercussions from things like the Mueller Report (for example, Barr being placed as head of DOJ to protect the GOP and Trump himself) But that ship has sailed since Trump, any of the Trump family members, or Trump loyalists had a tragic accident after Donald Trump's "the election was stolen!" temper tantrum. Unless they are convinced that nobody would believe Trump in the first place ... oh, wait. Clever, very clever. LOL

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2022 8:36 PM

My apologies.

But that ship has sailed since Trump, any of the Trump family members, or Trump loyalists DID NOT have a tragic accident after Donald Trump's "the election was stolen!" temper tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2022 8:38 PM

"I'm going to call Putin directly, which then enables 77k votes to magically disappear using um, hackers, or something. No proof will ever be found, because they're just that magical and good."

This is a toxic conspiracy theory and pointless in any case.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2022 8:39 PM

And not PROPRIETARY EXIT POLLING!!! Everyone knows that's totally accurate and is useful to then somehow hack votes, again, for which no proof has been claimed or found.

This sort of conspiracy theory makes me think that RNC operatives are planting stories like this with gullible morons like Cheri Jacobs who then spread them, and then Republicans can say "see, Democrats claim elections are being stolen too, which is why we need election security laws in the states. Luckily we're already doing that.!"

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2022 8:42 PM

Of course the voting machines were hacked. They proved a couple years ago that they could hack into the machines and change votes. They hacked the DNC emails to show that they could and would do anything necessary to win. They just hacked our grid and forced them to pay ransom. Anybody who thinks they are doing the same thing with our voting machines is dumb and naive.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2022 8:44 PM

The Rethugs stole the 2000 election AND they stole the 2016 election — they just used different methods with the same result. In 2000 the corrupt Supreme Court justices helped Bu$h considerably as did his brother, “Jeb!” The Repukes haven’t won the popular vote in over three decades, except in 2004, and that was suspect as well (Ohio). Their wins have been aided by that 18th century anachronism, the Electoral College. But, they now have the advantage figured out and they play it for all it is worth.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2022 8:45 PM

Don't expect any real justice when it comes to Trump in a country, where the land was stolen to create a country. Remember, the US isn't a country, it's a company. There's a reason so many presidents have slipped up over the decades and accidentally called the country a company or corporation and quickly said country.

The United States is a massive corporation.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2022 8:57 PM

There will never be any justice on stolen land.

Ever!

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2022 8:58 PM

Every country in the world was "stolen" from the people who lived there before.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2022 9:01 PM

White criminality troll is boring and blocked. Probably Matt A, a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2022 9:08 PM

Yeah, it’s wrong and sick, r27, but somebody else did it too, so it’s okay . SMDH

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote]This sort of conspiracy theory makes me think that RNC operatives are planting stories like this with gullible morons like Cheri Jacobs who then spread them, and then Republicans can say "see, Democrats claim elections are being stolen too, which is why we need election security laws in the states. Luckily we're already doing that.!"

That's probably true. I also don't think the democrats realize what is in these new voter suppression laws. In Georgia, a person can contest another person's vote. AND THERE IS NO LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF TIMES THEY CONTEST THE VOTE.

The law(s) also allows the state election board, which is dominated by Republicans, to seize control of county election boards. Those boards can disqualify voters, move polling precincts, and potentially even refuse to certify an election count. LET THAT SINK FOR A MOMENT.

And these laws/bills were passed in 47 states. And the democrats knew this and have fucked around and DONE NOTHING for an entire year.

The fucking republicans are EVIL, but the damn democrats are lazy, weak and useless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2022 9:19 PM

This is the ABC guy, Chris Vlasto, referenced in Cheri Jacobus' tweets giving proprietary exit polling to Trump's guy. Check out his banner picture of Trump and the White House.

How the fuck is this cunt working for ABC news? He has an obvious bias and no disclaimer on his twitter. WTF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2022 9:20 PM

r30 they haven't "fucked around and done nothing for an entire year", there's not much that can be done without better control of the Senate. We'll see if they manage to pass the filibuster rule change that lets them pass some laws to stop this. We have a razor thin majority and not every Dem marches in lockstep.

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2022 9:35 PM

r31 ABC and CBS are both center right (to more right) organizations. They just aren't as blatant about it as Fox. But look at the CBSN and the news apps where they put their "B" reporters, and the bias becomes more obvious and blatant.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2022 9:36 PM

R33 Really? Those are ring leaning networks?

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2022 9:42 PM

Right leaning.

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2022 9:42 PM

R29 kind of late to bitch. What's done is done and it's not going to be undone. Whining about something that happened in the past is not helpful. All you can do is hope we learn from past mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2022 9:44 PM

I've lost faith in the DOJ and don't have high hope that the Democrats in the Senate will act but this is how they could keep Trump from running again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2022 9:51 PM

R36 I'm not R29 But that poster is whining as you stated. What was done in the past is just a fact of Real history. It's not whining, it's history no matter how much that bothers.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2022 9:56 PM

Is not whining, I meant to post.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote] Those are right leaning networks?

That may not be true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2022 9:59 PM

you are deliberately missing the point. It lost in 2016. Who cares if it runs for office ? IT LOST.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2022 10:05 PM

Look, at this point, is there anything those right-wing parasites say that isn't projection?

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2022 12:32 AM

[quote] Look, at this point, is there anything those right-wing parasites say that isn't projection?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2022 12:42 AM

Exactly, R43

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2022 12:48 AM

[quote]they haven't "fucked around and done nothing for an entire year", there's not much that can be done without better control of the Senate. We'll see if they manage to pass the filibuster rule change that lets them pass some laws to stop this. We have a razor thin majority and not every Dem marches in lockstep.

You are wrong. They have fucked around. Adam Schiff had enough time to write a book at the insurrection.

They should have focused on a stand alone voting rights bill immediately. The fact that they didn't think it was that important means they don't know what's at stake or don't really care. Either way, it's to the point where people are calling them out on doing absolutely nothing on voting rights. Every single month, the republicans do more and more to suppress voter rights.

the dems are lazy and weak. The republicans started rolling out those voter suppression laws the same week Biden was inaugurated and each month (probably each week) they roll out more and more. They can refuse to certify the election results. That ought to SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Hopefully the prosecution will be next week, just as it always is.

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2022 1:12 AM

Before the mid-terms, sane people of both parties hopefully will have the chance to vote on the 14th Amendment. Manchin and Sinema won't do it, but Romney and Murkowski just might, especially if she is denied the nomination due to Trump. He's too stupid to have thought of that.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2022 1:16 AM

Congress passed the 14th Amendment n 1866

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2022 1:20 AM

The Republicans have not legitimately won a presidential election since 1988. Popular or electoral.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2022 1:24 AM

[Quote] The Republicans have not legitimately won a presidential election since 1988. Popular or electoral.

And no one does a fucking thing about it and them. Disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2022 1:30 AM

Here's the problem with Democrats and the DOJ under Democrats: They're attempting to use laws and norms in response to those who have done everything to destroy those norms and laws. Everyone knows Trump has broken laws from corruption to insurrection. He should've been in fucking prison for what he did before the presidency.This fucking cunt would be calling for every non-white person to be shot if one so much as stepped on the lawn of the WH, yet he and his terrorist cockroaches are attempting to destroy this country and the Garland acts like it's a parking violation. He speaks as if "the law" will be there if this right-wing terrorism isn't taken seriously. People like MTG, Gaetz, Cawthorne, Brooks, Gosar and Boebert should've been expelled from Congress. We all fucking know "the squad" would've been for a millionth of the horseshit those white trash cunts have already pulled.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2022 1:53 AM

Another, R42

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2022 1:59 AM

They tried everything possible to make sure Trump wins, two unelectable lefties with a decades long hate for democrats and love for Russia, a self important and bloated ego hacker who hated Hillary Clinton, a massive, massive smear campaign in which even Obama's political consultant Axelrod participated in (never understood why Obama didn't tell him to shut up) and aided by thousands and thousands of Russian social media bots and when all of that failed they brought in the FBI director to deliver the last blow.

Most of the people who did either nothing or actively participated in the aiding of Trump's election never answered any questions on their conduct.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2022 2:17 AM

R53 " the FBI director to deliver the last blow."

I still haven't completely figured that one out. With all of Comey's later protestations, (and his fucking book), did he ever give a valid, acceptable explanation for why spoke out against Hillary that last week and said nothing about the investigation into Trump? Did someone specifically put him up to it? (some Guiliani FBI connection?).

The theory, of course, is that Comey was made to do it so that they'd have someone to blame for her loss if the plan to steal the electoral votes succeeded, (which it did!). but did Comey know that?

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2022 5:11 AM

𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2022 5:28 AM

The US government is corrupt as fuck. Also Democrats strike me as being scared of Republicans? And if so, why?

I'm so sick of Republicans doing whatever the fuck they want and nothing happening to them. If they think they can just over take our fucking country then they have another thing coming. This country will literally become ungovernable. And there's a lot of angry restless young people all across this country, who would be glad to turn this country upside down.

I really don't think Republicans are thinking what they're doing through throughly. This entire country could be turned into the south side of Chicago and burned to the ground fast. It would make summer 2020 look like a fucking picnic at the park in the suburbs.

I think Republicans better calm down. They will loss complete control over this country if they decided to overturn elections in this country. The entire country would explode and they'd regret going down that road.

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2022 5:30 AM

All you ever need to know about DOJ is that it’s defending trump against the woman he raped.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2022 5:36 AM

These institutions don't seem to work for every day Americans, neither our elected officials.

I guess the CIA isn't in the business of doing what they use to do back in the 60s? I wonder what made them stop? The Trump family need to be scared shitless. They don't seem to fear anything.

by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2022 5:39 AM

This is what I tell Trumptards with whom I bother to speak: “We agree the election was stolen, we just disagree about which ones.” It has long been obvious that SCOTUS installed “W.” The first thought I had after hearing the MSM announce that Trumputin had been “elected:” he cheated somehow, likely with GRU assistance. Just like the JFK assassination, we will all be dust when the facts are finally disclosed.

by Anonymousreply 59January 10, 2022 6:00 AM

Birds are not real!

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2022 6:19 AM

Go back to jerking off to MSNBC, OP.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2022 6:35 AM

[quote] I guess the CIA isn't in the business of doing what they use to do back in the 60s?

What you think they did comes from fictional movies and novels, not to mention conspiracy theories. The YS government is inept from head to toe. The idea that the government could stage 9/11 was totally ridiculous thanks to this understanding.

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2022 6:37 AM

There’s a lot of broke millennials with nothing to lose, with a deep hatred of the Boomers who put them in their situation.

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2022 6:38 AM

R61, Right after you waddle back over to fascist (OANN) central, Pepe.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2022 6:40 AM

R 61 seems like a lost Groyper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2022 6:42 AM

So, let me get this straight, when someone you want to win loses, the election is stolen. When someone you want to win wins, it's legitimate?

This is why the rest of the world can't take Americans seriously.

[quote]There’s a lot of broke millennials with nothing to lose, with a deep hatred of the Boomers who put them in their situation.

Umm, no. I'm broke because I have poor money management skills and spend beyond my means. We are some of the most money-wasting mfs in this country. All of those damn participation trophies Boomers kept giving us as kids is why my generation blames them for everything.

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2022 7:26 AM

Thank you R66. Spot on.

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2022 7:48 AM

Trump and his parasites were claiming the election was stolen even before the 2016 election. He's a fucking asshole who assumed he would lose because even he thought we didn't have so many garbage people like him voting. And if the "deep state" didn't have the cunt winning, he wouldn't have gotten the electoral college in '16.

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2022 7:53 AM

didn't WANT the cunt winning*

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2022 7:53 AM

Before he died, Harry Reid said that he believes Russia hacked vote totals in 2016. He also notes that it would not have taken a lot of votes to pull this off.

by Anonymousreply 70January 11, 2022 12:53 AM

[quote]some Guiliani FBI connection?

That's probably it R54. Ghouliani gave Comey his first job at the NY district attorney's office. Maybe Ghouliani had some dirt on Comey. What really baffles me is why Obama nominated Comey. Did Obama have no clue about what was going on in 2015, 16? Or did he just focus on his legacy and after that he didn't care. He just didn't want to get his hands dirty messing with the FBI.

Soooo many strange inexplicable things happened in 2016. It all stinks to heaven!!

by Anonymousreply 71January 11, 2022 1:26 AM

Idiot @ R66, even Jimmy Carter thinks the election was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 72January 11, 2022 1:29 AM

R66: Participation trophies? 2010 called, it wants its right wing trolling talking point back. You blatant Boomer retard. Get the fuck off DL, you're not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 73January 11, 2022 1:37 AM

[quote]What really baffles me is why Obama nominated Comey. Did Obama have no clue about what was going on in 2015, 16? Or did he just focus on his legacy and after that he didn't care. He just didn't want to get his hands dirty messing with the FBI.

Obama was a damned fool who kept to be bipartisan.

And Joe Biden has essentially done the same exact thing. He's kept on trump's FBI guy. You can't make this up.

And by the way, it's been a year and louis dejoy still has his job. Jesus Christ. Had the situations been reversed, the republicans would have gotten rid of him within 3 months. I guess Biden wants dejoy to fuck up the next election too.

Weak, Lazy and Useless

by Anonymousreply 74January 11, 2022 2:01 AM

And the democrats stole the nomination from Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 75January 11, 2022 2:14 AM

Republicans stole the 2000 election from Al gore.

by Anonymousreply 76January 11, 2022 2:18 AM

Michelle Obama Sets Ambitious Goal to Register a Million Voters Ahead of 2022 Midterm Elections

A push for the move is expected early this year — and Obama has stated another well-timed goal related to that fight in her letter: to "organize at least 100,000 Americans to contact their Senators, calling on them to do everything they can to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 11, 2022 2:26 AM

Freedom to vote progresses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 11, 2022 2:28 AM

Some people are optimistic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 11, 2022 2:31 AM

Joe Biden works very methodically R74, don't underestimate him. He will get things done!

by Anonymousreply 80January 11, 2022 2:33 AM

[quote]Most of the people who did either nothing or actively participated in the aiding of Trump's election never answered any questions on their conduct.

Getting away with their crimes emboldens them to commit more serious crimes. The republicans are evil, they are NOT stupid. They've learned their lesson about the last election. They've rolled out voter suppression laws in 47 states. The democrats haven't done a single thing to counter that. NOTHING

The republicans will have reasons to disqualify millions of voters. And it will be too late to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]Participation trophies? 2010 called, it wants its right wing trolling talking point back. You blatant Boomer retard. Get the fuck off DL, you're not fooling anyone.

Oh fuck off, r73. You're probably one of the spoiled, whiny, self-entitled, dipshits I'm I was talking about in r66. I've hated my generation/peers since high school. My first slow dance at school was to "Feeling On Your Booty" by R. Kelly, FFS. Leave it to our generation to build "wholesome" memories like that bullshit.

We suck.

Sit down. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2022 3:38 AM

It looks like Trump Camp was communicating with the Deutsche Bank server

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 11, 2022 4:07 AM

I'll never forget being at a party with many friends, champagne on ice, when we saw Wisconsin fall. Not a one of us doubted that the election had been tampered with.

by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2022 4:17 AM

Biden and Harris both will be here in Georgia today, in Atlanta. But people don't want another speech, people wanna see action on legislation and getting it past the finish line.

Truth be told, Biden and Harris time would actually be better spent back in Washington working on the senate to get the voting bill passed into law. November is getting closer every day and nothing has been done yet on securing voting rights. This is very serious and needs to be taken as such.

A trip to Atlanta to give a speech is probably not a good idea. We need legislation passed like yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2022 4:21 AM

The DOJ must indict Trump before the 2022 midterms. If not, the GOP wins back Congress, they will make Trump Speaker of the House. His thugs will continue to press the false 2020 claims about the election, remove Biden and Harris, and reinstall Trump as POTUS. Merrick Garland will be fired and replaced with, I don't know, Matt Goetz? Madison Cawthorne? Who can come up with a worse candidate??

by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2022 4:22 AM

If only Biden had known he could hire the man with all the answers right here on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2022 4:24 AM

Trump, Speaker of the House? I seriously doubt that!

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2022 4:56 AM

R88 After 2016, I take everything seriously now. Remember, a sitting US president incited violence against the US capital. That shit was unreal, but it happened.

The fact that Trump was even president, is unreal. So don't doubt anything anymore.

by Anonymousreply 89January 11, 2022 4:59 AM

Guys, remember when we here at Datalounge fantasized about Trump and Pence being taken out because of the all the laws they broke, (or maybe from covid), and then Speaker Nancy Pelosi would become POTUS?

Well the Republicans are now having the same fantasy - which they could make reality if they take back the House in 2021. And does anybody really think they won't? Its why they've been replacing attorney Generals in all the states that are Republican run. Are you guys paying attention??? They are planning this!

by Anonymousreply 90January 11, 2022 6:33 AM

[quote] What really baffles me is why Obama nominated Comey.

Comey was a DOJ guy. A very well respected, long-time federal prosecutor. He was a “by-the-books” lawyer. He was a friend and colleague of Mueller and was well-liked among the folks at Main Justice. From the DOJ perspective, his nomination was not surprising. There was nothing nefarious about it and certainly no indication in his past that he would undertake such a wrong, stupid, and dunderheaded move as he did in October 2016.

I believe that his after-the-fact justification for the disclosure of the renewed investigation was concern about the information leaking from Rudy’s NY FBI pals and Comey wanted to get ahead of that. Or some such nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2022 6:33 AM

A Speaker of the House, unlike a President is not protected from criminal investigation. Also that would mean Trump had to actually work.

by Anonymousreply 92January 11, 2022 6:37 AM

They were in possession of Weiner's laptop for weeks R91. Beside Weiner was under investigation for sex crimes for years. He was Huma Abedin's husband, Abedin was Clinton's closest aide; and 10 days before the election they all of a sudden remember that they should check his laptop for Hillary's emails as well. Come on!

by Anonymousreply 93January 11, 2022 6:42 AM

R92 But if Trump is made Speaker, he is still a former President, so according to his rules - (which the fuckheads seem to follow) - he can't be investigated. Or he will be, by his own appointees, and they will find him 110% innocent! Again, have you fucking been paying attention????

by Anonymousreply 94January 11, 2022 7:02 AM

Clever president's know which people to trust. Bill Clinton fired an FBI director, Nixon all along knew who Deep Throat was. Not that I would prefer Nixon over Obama, but I do think Obama was a very weak president. He was afraid to do the things that needed to be done, because he cared about his image more than going after the people that were doing shady things.

by Anonymousreply 95January 11, 2022 7:04 AM

Former Presidents can be prosecuted R94.

by Anonymousreply 96January 11, 2022 7:05 AM

Bush II stole office twice, an office he was never elected to. Let's be honest, since Watergate the Republicans have never been a mass party but a criminal gang modeled on the mafia.. And it was GHWB who wanted it that way.

by Anonymousreply 97January 11, 2022 7:18 AM

[quote]The DOJ must indict Trump before the 2022 midterms. If not, the GOP wins back Congress, they will make Trump Speaker of the House

They need to do it as fast as possible. The republicans have a plan if he gets charged. They have a plan for EVERYTHING.

The dems are no match for the republicans. Where the democrats are lazy, weak and useless, the republicans are stealth, super motivated, and can think outside the box. Some of you are forgetting the republicans are FAMOUS for , "if it's never been done, that doesn't mean it's illegal". And democrats are always, "well it's never been done before, so we can't do anything unless it's been done before".

The dems can't think outside the box. They like the way our government runs and they just want to do the same old, same old. If democracy as we know it ends, it's ends. That kind of thinking is why the democrats have gotten hustled time by the republicans for over 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 98January 11, 2022 10:00 AM

All Obama “acheived”in two terms was to kick the can (issues that needed a liberal leader) down the street for the next president to address….

We now how that turned out. Enter right stage: President Dump.

by Anonymousreply 99January 11, 2022 10:55 AM

R96 No shit. But Merrick Garland doesn't seem to know that, or doesn't care, or is lazy, or is being threatened. Who the fuck knows?

R98, thank you for that insightful post.

by Anonymousreply 100January 11, 2022 6:05 PM

R95 Obama had to be careful. The GOP was itching to impeach him for presidenting while Black. They were trying to dig up dirt on him hence all the spa rumors and other shit.

by Anonymousreply 101January 11, 2022 6:10 PM

Why does karma never catch up with Donald J Cunt? Why isn’t he behind bars yet for his multiple and varied list of felonies?

by Anonymousreply 102January 11, 2022 6:14 PM

2000 election stolen by Repugs

2004 election stolen by Repugs

2008 Obama elected legitimately

2012 Obama elected legitimately

2016 election stolen by Repugs

2020 election stolen by Dems

by Anonymousreply 103January 11, 2022 6:18 PM

Not stolen by Dems. The Repigs tried to steal 2008 but miscalculated. They could have stolen 2012 for Romney but they didn't trust him and the Mormon programmer crowd wasn't as skilled as Romney thought. Nobody was stealing 2020 for Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 104January 12, 2022 1:43 AM

Imagine sincerely believing all politicians aren't corrupt by default just because you share a party. You're all so retarded it physical hurts to watch; especially the ones who unironically worship specific politicians (see: Obama and Trump dick-riders). -_-

by Anonymousreply 105January 12, 2022 2:08 AM

r53 a massive, massive smear campaign in which even Obama's political consultant Axelrod participated in (never understood why Obama didn't tell him to shut up.

The rift between the Clintons and the Obamas was not over in 2016. Valerie Jarret started a few of the investigations at the State Department. The Trump years turned out to be far worse than they imagined they would be and now, here we are, a nation tearing itself apart with no hope for healing.

by Anonymousreply 106January 12, 2022 2:08 AM

^^*physically hurts

by Anonymousreply 107January 12, 2022 2:09 AM

Obama wasn't given a break by anyone. He had to make his own luck by challenging the petition signatures of his incumbent opponent. He also wasn't handed anything in Springfield. He is as close to being unsponsored as anyone in American political life has ever been.

by Anonymousreply 108January 12, 2022 4:21 AM

Berners, stay at home and third-party voting Dems elected Trump.

by Anonymousreply 109January 12, 2022 7:58 AM

[quote][bold]third-party[/bold] voting Dems elected Trump.

Yeah, I never understood that. Trump got a HUGE amount of votes from people who voted for Obama...twice! Seems to me, they would've gone for Gary Johnson (Libertarian). That's who I voted for in 2016 and I never voted for Obama. That voter transition seemed weird to me, but it would explain the borderline obsessive "Trump worship" from many of his supporters. I think it's a personality type because God knows Obama had a bunch of them. It was very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 110January 12, 2022 8:21 AM

Damn it. -_-

by Anonymousreply 111January 12, 2022 8:21 AM

I don't doubt Repugs were after Obama, but telling Axelrod to shut up would have been easy to do since he still was employed by Obama.

I just don't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 112January 12, 2022 10:22 AM

You know the irony of people who whine about participation trophies or claim mediocrity is rewarded? They tend to vote for people like Dubya, Trump, Palin, Boebert, Cawthorn, Tuberville, MTG.

And they're also people named Meghan McCain and get jobs they haven't earned.

by Anonymousreply 113January 12, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote] And they're also people named Meghan McCain and get jobs they haven't earned.

Shocking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 12, 2022 7:01 PM

The Bush twin got paid a lot by a network. Nobody liked her at first either

by Anonymousreply 115January 12, 2022 11:08 PM

R89 I am with you on this.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2022 2:55 AM

R105 I know, it really is something to see.

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2022 2:58 AM

R115, you say that as if I ever thought the Bush twin deserved that job, Neither does Chelsea Clinton when NBC gave her a gig, too. And I'll throw in the pathetic attempt by NBC to hire Pippa Middleton for literally no other reason than her sister. Pathetic network.

by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2022 3:41 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2022 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!