Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ashland Locke OUT at Y&R - Richard Burgi set to go

I can't believe this.

Burgi's Ashland Locke was the best new character on Y&R in years.

No word on if they'll kill him off, recast, or have him leave town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370February 4, 2022 2:17 PM

I've always liked him. They wasted his character. Young and the Restless is unwatchable. I don't care about a single character on that show. I've watched it every single day for about 5 years. I stopped watching it every day about 2 to 3 months ago. I might watch it about once a week now.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2022 2:17 AM

And yet, they keep that actress who plays Victoria Newman. She’s a total dud. Devon is more entertaining than her. And THAT’S saying something.

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2022 2:23 AM

People still watch these soap operas? It made sense when most people only had network TV, but with so much better programming available 24/7?

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2022 2:30 AM

I love, love, love this Victoria. Every now and then, there's a scene in which I marvel at how Pinched Sphincterina would have soured the moment. She was one of the reasons I hated Y&R back in the late '80s and early '90s. And then she had to bring her Sour Girl vaginations to Llanview.

I wonder if Billy won't be able to keep himself from ruining Ashland's life in some way, or whether they'll just let his cancer take him out. Either way, he was a good addition, one I wish were staying.

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2022 2:39 AM

EB = why he is going.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2022 2:41 AM

Do you know this, r5? Tell us more, if so.

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2022 2:43 AM

R5, someday that EB card isn't going to play.

He'll die either at home in bed or sitting on his sofa in his dressing room and that will be that.

wardrobe will get some fab black outfits for Nikki; she and Ashley will make peace. Sexy Robert Parucha will come back as Matt to honor his brother. They'll spring for flashbacks. The soap press will dredge up the time he attacked Bergman back in 1991; classy Peter won't comment on it. He'll say something nice about Eric.

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2022 3:09 AM

not sure if this is worthy of a new thread but Burgi's talking about why he REALLY left

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 1:38 AM

Robert Newman is taking over the role

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 1:39 AM

Kim Zimmer is NuTraci!!!

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 1:42 AM

They couldn’t have hired Josh as a temp, then let Burgi come back when his quarantine was over?

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 1:45 AM

yeah; that's why there has to be more to the story; OR they're sending a hard message to the rest of the cast; -- dont' visit your 97 year old mother during the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 1:49 AM

Does this seem unreasonable?

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 1:50 AM

He got better with age, grew into his face. He was hot at 30, but exceptional at 46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 1:55 AM

There were likely other issues and the show jumped on this excuse to move on

And the show has been in a slump since forever so maybe they’re hoping to shake things up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 1:56 AM

To shake things up they should get rid of Josh Griffiths and maybe ask one of the writers from How To Get Rid Of Murder to come and earthquake this muthafucker

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 11:19 AM

I read this morning he wouldn’t follow the Covid rules set by the show.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 11:28 AM

I came to love him when he starred in The Sentinel. He had chemistry with the younger male actor who played his roommate, and he was totally cool with the idea of making them a gay couple. There were outtakes of the show, where Burgi adlibbed and kissed the co-star. I don't know what happened to the co-star, Garrett Maggart, but they were great together.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 11:35 AM

How to Get Away with Murder.

Sorry lol

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 11:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 7:33 PM

I fucked him, no idea he was an actor. Met him at a hotel bar.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 7:34 PM

He also left rather abruptly from GH a few years back. Started out as a viable long term character and then suddenly turned bad and out the door he went. I always wondered if there was some kind of "problem" with him.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 7:39 PM

R22 I think in that case it was the writers, they needed to blame a murder on someone so it was his character.

R21 Dish!

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 7:43 PM

R21... and what do you identify as in terms of gender? And no matter which port he called home, tell us about him naked, please.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 9:26 PM

Posters at Daytime Confidential are speculating there’s more to the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 11:48 PM

I'm surprised they fired him over this.

I'm betting that they wanted to get rid of him and used this as a justification.

Very handsome guy and aging reasonably well.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 11:57 PM

If this was truly all he did, the way he explained it, the show clearly overreacted. If he made an honest mistake you’d think they wouldn’t get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 12:01 AM

Some poster at Daytime Confidential thinks this is all part of the "librul agenda."

LMAO

GTFO

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 12:50 AM

I am sorry to see him go. I thought he was a good (and much needed) addition to the show. I like him and Amelia Heinle together. I am not looking forward to the recast (Robert Newman) taking over. Anyway, Y&R is too Newman family heavy. They really need to bring a new, strong core family to the show. Maybe Jack will return back from New York as a married man.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2022 1:03 AM

I think they showed the GH killer stabbing victims with a syringe using his RIGHT hand and then when Burgi 's character was finally shown as the killer he's holding the syringe in his LEFT hand.

(I think)

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2022 1:38 AM

R29 I'm sure diva Braeden would throw a fit if a new major family were written into the show.

What's wrong with Josh Lewis r29?

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2022 2:09 AM

I think that role was not meant to continue for much longer so Newman is probably just temping until it does.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 4:21 AM

R24 beautiful fit body, not much body hair but not shaved. Wild bush.

He began by blowing me and then just sat on my cock while I was lying down. Eventually I flipped him over and went to town.

Very lithe, taller than I but flexible so it was not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 8:14 AM

No idea who that man is nor have I ever watched Young and the Restless. But he's amazingly attractive.

Where can I blow him?

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 8:33 AM

[quote] If this was truly all he did, the way he explained it, the show clearly overreacted. If he made an honest mistake you’d think they wouldn’t get rid of him.

It may not be the show itself, per se. .. It's more than likely the larger production company, Sony Pictures, following whatever 'Zone A' production rules they put in place and were agreed to. And they have to treat all workers falling under them the same since unions are also involved. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2022 8:49 AM

They obviously looked for any reason to dump him. He has a rep for being an asshole. And what kind of idiot is visiting his 97 year old mother nowadays? Did he give her the rona? Stupid idiot.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2022 11:33 AM

But I can't see either the show or Sony firing someone for what appears to be an honest misunderstanding. Suspending for a few days, perhaps.

Something more had to be at play here.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 1:28 PM

Of course there’s more to the story.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2022 1:45 PM

Seems odd to mess around with Michael Muhney level decisiveness when this is about the only story and character that anybody is talking about these days. And the talk is probably just a mumble... virtually nobody watches anymore, compared to five and ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2022 2:02 PM

Did he touch boobies like Moohney did?

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2022 3:18 PM

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2022 6:10 PM

Scoche Marin (NuKay) filed a complaint, which led to the firing. Scoche has more power than even Eric B.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2022 6:21 PM

I sed the COKEVID is no wurst than my flue but BILL DING-DONG and his Hawleewoudl raffia tried took Pitcher Burglar away so koont not cum back as Jilll ABbott.

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2022 6:56 PM

Richard Burgi's a good looking man, with a sexy voice. Sad to see him go. He's gotten better with age.

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2022 7:29 PM

I would love him to inadvertently violate me!

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2022 7:46 PM

R37, there is. There has to be.

I wasn't there but the reality is that it's usually not a first offense that gets someone the boot.

Muhney, for example, I heard was insufferable for months.

Burgi has worked tons and will again; Muhney? Dear God, all he had to do was keep his nose clean and he'd still be on the show and he'd be a millionaire a few times over by now.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2022 11:44 PM

Someone smart said that it's too bad Burgi's leaving because he plays dangerous and sexy.

Newman may not be able to swing that.

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2022 11:45 PM

I never found Josh sexy.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2022 11:46 PM

He was a scold.

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2022 11:47 PM

Soap fraus, soap fraus

fat lazy stupid cows.

Soap fraus, soap fraus

fat lazy stupid cows.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2022 11:48 PM

He claims he "inadvertently violated" the show's COVID policy. I don't buy that for an instant. How do you not know what your employer's COVID policy is?

Either way, too bad. The actor was very good in the role, and the character is infinitely more interesting than the overexposed, tiresome, ever-whiney, ever-juvenile Adam Newman and Billy Abbott, taking over, losing, retaking over each other's family businesses ad nauseum. Even if the role of Ashland Locke is recast, how does the character survive his advanced lung cancer?

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2022 11:50 PM

Thanks for dropping by.

Shouldn't you be busy with all your friends?

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2022 11:51 PM

R51 he claims he took the CDCs advice to isolate for five days, and maybe he thought that would be cool with the show too. If there’s a kernel of truth to this, if he tested negative twice, I don’t see what the difference is. Of course there’s more to this story. I think he was bound to fly the coop anyway. I can’t stand the character tbh. He’s probably lying about being sick anyway. The guy left his friend for dead and received money fraudulently from a dying woman. Of course Victor and Victoria, assholes that they are, find this all peachy. I hate the Newmans too. This show is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2022 12:35 AM

I always wanted Richard Burgi and John Wesley Shipp (in his early Dawson's Creek days (in his early Dawson's Creek days) to double-team me until I dropped dead of exhaustion. Is JW Shipp still alive? He looked pretty raggedy when they fired his ass from Dawson's Creek -- and that was a LONG time ago. Allegedly, he gave Van Der Beek a birthday he'll never forget, though.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2022 12:51 AM

R54 Yes, Shipp is still alive. He lives with his partner in New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2022 8:10 AM

Omg same, R54! I dreamt of getting spitroasted by hot DILFs Burgi and Shipp as my ultimate fantasy, the two even coming to blows fighting over who gets to top me... sighhhh. My ultimate fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2022 9:41 AM

JWS always in the DC tv verse or whatever they call it. He has appeared in the The Flash and Stargirl recently.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2022 11:55 AM

Shipp looks great and I would still ride him seven ways from Sunday. He and Burgi could take turns DPing me.

Robert Newman can watch.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2022 1:34 PM

R58 As long as you like your toes sucked.

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2022 3:24 PM

R51,, I agree there has got to be more to the story. Although I do think the character is interesting, I also think he's an asshole - his belated OTT backstory about deserting his friend after the crash and stealing his identity saw to that - but I'd still rather watch Ashland than Billy and Adam playing their my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours one-upmanship game all the time.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2022 3:44 PM

They are aging Harrison to a teenager, who will mix with Moses and Faith.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2022 5:53 PM

No. Aging Harrison will eliminate kyles usefulness ever again. Much like Daniel romalotti…. He can’t come back with a teenaged daughter. I don’t mind soras but when generations start getting backlogged, it’s dumb. Phyllis shouldn’t have a teen granddaughter nor should lily have adult kids.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Zero tolerance of breaching Covid policy is zero tolerance.

My company would fire a janitor or ceo for breaking it.

Some actor is no exception.

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2022 6:06 PM

Ok, hate me, but I miss Jabottom. How is his career going these days?

by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2022 6:07 PM

The Abbotts and Newmans are so boring. I wish a new family would come in and invigorate the joint.

But the remaining soaps are so afraid of change. And in any case, it would be terrible to implement a new family if JG is still writing it.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote] The Abbotts and Newmans are so boring. I wish a new family would come in and invigorate the joint.

That was what they tried with the The Hernandez, but then you've got viewers who complain that they don't want to see newbies and scream for vets vets vets.

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2022 7:14 PM

[quote]That was what they tried with the The Hernandez, but then you've got viewers who complain that they don't want to see newbies and scream for vets vets vets.

That was more a function of the fact Josh Griffin took over as HW right as the Rosales family (not Hernandez, they're on Days] was expanding. Griffin wasn't interested in the family and wrote our Arturo and Mia right away. He finally got rid of Lola about a year ago after barely giving her anything for six months before that. And althoguht Rey is still on the canvas, Griffin is barely giving him anything to do.

There are ways to integrate new families into a show without turning off all the viewers. See the Synder clan on ATWT or the Brady family on Days.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2022 7:36 PM

^ Or the Abbotts. Jack was established, John was half-established and then they brought in the girls and the house set as the Brooks and Fosters were written away. New families tend to fail in my experience when the new characters are seen to take time from the existing characters. Bell was smart enough to take the legacies out entirely.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2022 7:41 PM

[quote] as the Rosales family (not Hernandez, they're on Days

Thanks for the correction R67 .. brain fart due to Jordi being part of both families .. lol

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2022 7:46 PM

I thought Mia was hilarious. They had a terrific comic villain on their hands and they threw it away. But then again Y&R never did humour well. Marge. Other than that, I can't recall a funny character. Oh, Gloria, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2022 7:47 PM

[quote]There are ways to integrate new families into a show without turning off all the viewers. See the Synder clan on ATWT or the Brady family on Days.

Well, Josh Griffin isn't a good enough writer to pull that off.

Stunned the man is still writing the show. But not a lot of options for other people to take over as HW. However, I'm sure Dena Higley would be happy to come aboard and kill the show with her sleep inducing stories.

by Anonymousreply 71January 14, 2022 7:54 PM

I appreciate all the diversity at Y&R and the black families have been well done, perhaps the best of any soap.

I meant more another white family to replace the Newmans or Abbotts.

And I wasn't resistant to the Hernandez family/Latinos. But both DAYS and Y&R made the mistake of just overwhelming the canvas with them all at once. The mandate at most shows is to keep it fast and keep it moving, but some things have to go slower. Introducing a family would be one of them.

The shame is, Bill Bell knew to do this and add the Newmans and Abbotts when the Fosters and Brooks families lost all the story possibilities, he knew it would reinvigorate the show. They have really dragged out so much of the family rivalry, etc.

Could there be any surprise left in a Newman vs Abbott rivalry? Not one.

Is there a single note La Bergman hasn't played? Who on earth could he be paired with that anyone would care about? He's nearing 70. Hans is 80. They at least seem to be keeping Nikki and Victor together because how many more times can you get anyone to care what these two old hams are doing?

I don't want what happened at GL or ATWT to happen either, where vets disappear or someone recasts them all in such a way that they're unrecognizable. But something's got to give. And for all the apparently shitty parts of his regime, I was hoping Mal Young would shake up the show.

by Anonymousreply 72January 14, 2022 7:56 PM

Mal Young apparently had lots of issues as a boss and a leader (apparently he led through intimidation by yelling and screaming routinely). But he was also creative and willing to try new things. I have to give him credit for that.

As far as Mia goes, I saw her as a Hispanic Erica Kane. A nice comedic touch and also hungry for a better life and willing to go to extremes to get it. I thought there was tons of potential for the Mia character. Was very sorry to see her written off. I thought that was a huge mistake.

by Anonymousreply 73January 14, 2022 8:04 PM

This show (and all of them) have to take some risks if they want to grow viewership.

I am an existing, loyal viewer and can barely find a reason to tune in.

by Anonymousreply 74January 14, 2022 8:20 PM

[quote]I am an existing, loyal viewer and can barely find a reason to tune in.

That's so true of Y&R!!

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2022 8:26 PM

Griffith has increased the ratings. Look at facts.

by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2022 8:38 PM

R73 I think that was something that became more evident in the latter part of her time there, but yes, they should have given her time.

by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2022 8:40 PM

Have they gotten rid of 80 year old Aunty Jack? Jesus about time. I watched YnR for a couple years because I thought NuAdam was hot but during those two years absolutely nothing happened. I was bored into a coma. When I turn on the show the odd time, it is the same crap. Recently it was all about that horrible actress who plays Abby. She is the most wooden actress on the show yet the writer's were attributing all kinds of emotions to the horrible character. The only emotion she creates in everyone is boredom.

by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2022 8:55 PM

[quote]Recently it was all about that horrible actress who plays Abby. She is the most wooden actress on the show yet the writer's were attributing all kinds of emotions to the horrible character. The only emotion she creates in everyone is boredom

There's a reason why people call her Melissa Boredway.

by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2022 8:59 PM

R79 Thanks Grandma. That is so original! Who but a genius could have thunk that one up. Good queef.

by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2022 9:19 PM

by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2022 9:53 PM

My thoughts on the Rodales family: I looked when they brought on Ray and Arturo. The mistake was LOLA. Brought her on as the opposite of Summer but she was too high on a pedestal and changed Kyle (who first came back as devious, flirty, ruthless). Made the couple boring and one note for me (no wonder they suddenly divorced them). Mia was definitely an asset but the fraus at FrauCentral didn't like her from the get go. I remember thread after thread created about their disgust with her and that she should go. I think that forum is used as a sound board by producers/writers for the remaining soaps.

Ray's mom could've been a good pairing for Jack but again Josh misses great opportunities for storylines. He had a gem in Devon's sister Anna and the link between the Abbott and Brooks family Theo until he wrote Anna out in favor of boring Elena, and then he wrote out Theo too. A lot of possibilities with the scheming Abbott-Brooks hybrid.

Now we are left with crappy, boring storylines.

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2022 10:14 PM

One of my issues with Griffith's Y&R is that it's just too damn business-oriented. I know Y&R had the "bedroom-boardroom" tagline as far back as the early 90s, but I really don't care about who takes over what or who controls any of these made-up companies any longer. The show needs to refocus more on actual relationships with more "domestic" drama. I was looking at this montage clip that was presented as part of the 1998 Daytime Emmys. I can look it at and immediately remember each and every storyline the clips relate to because they were about the relationships going on back then.

Young marrieds, Nick and Sharon, having their first born, Noah, while Grace and Tony bring waif Cassie into the picture. (btw - Tony and "Peanut" were so cute!)

Diane Jenkins caught between her history with Jack, but being swept off her feet by billionaire Victor.

Victor always involved in Nikki's life - this time while she's married to Joshua Landers - while Josh's deranged ex-wife, Veronica, goes unrecognized living in their household as Sarah the Maid.

Ryan McNeil in a triangle with Tricia and Nina; then there's Ryan's strong relationship with stepson, Little Phillip (Chance), to consider.

Aspiring model Drucilla pretending to be okay with having another baby with Neil, while secretly being on birth control.

Sinister Phyllis hooking up with ex-con Michael LaBaldwin, with lawyer Christine goes on a mission to get Danny full custody of his non-bio son, Daniel. .. Will Paul be odd man out?

Can a hip, streetwise photographer like Malcolm Winters make things work with a straight-laced doctor like Olivia? At least Little Man (Nate) thinks so.

Cole Howard getting fed up with Bitchtoria's childish antics and gravitating toward Faux Ashley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2022 10:14 PM

Was this when Phyllis was calling Christine "The Bug?"

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2022 12:27 AM

The best/most exciting thing at Y&R in the last decade, to me, was Gina T as Phyllis. Granted, it was Dinah Redux, but it definitely put some fresh energy into the canvas.

I don't know if the rumor that GT was about to leave was true or not, and I can see why many people wanted The Staff back, but they haven't done a fucking thing with her since she's BEEN back.

I can only guess now that she's got two kids, she wants to do the Nancy Lee Grahn thing and just ride the train as far and as long as it will go.

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2022 12:31 AM

[quote]they haven't done a fucking thing with her since she's BEEN back.

They don't do anything with anyone, save Billy's and Sally's respective obsessions with Adam.

by Anonymousreply 86January 15, 2022 12:33 AM

R84 Yes. And at that point "Phyllis" was being played Sandra Nelson. She's seen at about the 42 second mark with LaBaldwin.

by Anonymousreply 87January 15, 2022 12:33 AM

I always wanted the 3 dudes in a drunken 3 way. Theo, Jabottom and uncut pinga Arturo.

by Anonymousreply 88January 15, 2022 12:39 AM

Theo was a wasted character.

And Ashland Locke should have been Brooks Prentiss.

by Anonymousreply 89January 15, 2022 12:41 AM

R73, not sure Mal was that great. He was inspired by Big Little Lies when Nikki, Victoria, Sharon and Phyllis had the secret about killing JT.

Forget that he's lying there rolled up in the carpet and he's not really dead. The four women met in public for weeks on end whispering about how they had to keep it a secret.

And then Christine lets OF ALL PEOPLE Phyllis take a plea deal and turn on the other three to avoid jail time.

The courtroom set was card tables and folding chairs. Sad.

And then JT's being alive -- surprise surprise; but he only physically abused Vick because he had a brain tumor so he wasn't responsible but still went to jail because...um. not sure.

Noemi was talented and watchable as Mia BUT what woman in their right might cries out another man's name when in bed with Jordi Vilasuso. With him and Arturo, who was Ridge and who was Thorne? Mia wanted them both? Wanted only one? Why were we rooting for Mia? Mal failed to develop properly a working teen group.

Khalil, Eileen, Missy Egan and Michelle Morgan ALL left under Mal.

Volumes.

by Anonymousreply 90January 20, 2022 5:20 AM

Mal was a disaster. Vee, who’s in the biz, fired Kay Alden and Sally Sussman in favor of Mal. So there ya go.

by Anonymousreply 91January 20, 2022 8:08 AM

Wasn't Burgi hired short-term to help usher in Tara, and then asked to stay when they (mercifully) jettisoned that disaster and her brat? I don't think he intended to be there long.

Is Braeden on Cameo? I'd love for him to mumble out a few indiscernible birthday messages for me.

by Anonymousreply 92January 20, 2022 10:48 AM

Has Dumb Dylan commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 93January 20, 2022 11:26 AM

Happy birthday, r92. You got that?

by Anonymousreply 94January 20, 2022 12:14 PM

Ain’t gonna happen R92

by Anonymousreply 95January 20, 2022 12:15 PM

I had high expectations for Tara but the actress was just reciting lines and no chemistry with Kyle.

I do like Josh Lewis but he has always been a good guy, unlike his brother Billy. Not sure if he can deviously pull off Ashland, especially how the writers made Nikki suddenly suspicious of him again.

by Anonymousreply 96January 20, 2022 12:30 PM

Aren't soap threads banned? Why has this one been allowed to thrive? Who the fuck watches soaps anyway besides flyover fraus with barely a GED?

by Anonymousreply 97January 20, 2022 12:47 PM

Don't fret R97 . After I finish my possum stew and brush my tooth, I'll get back to enjoying early retirement form the surgical department, hop in the kitchen of my oceanfront home, and fix up some vittles before watching The Bold and the Beautiful. Smooches.

by Anonymousreply 98January 20, 2022 1:07 PM

[quote]brush my tooth

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 99January 20, 2022 1:20 PM

I don’t think josh was initially a good guy, if recollection serves.

by Anonymousreply 100January 20, 2022 1:24 PM

Robert Newman is too soft and old looking. He's one of those types who morphed into a lesbian as he aged. The role demands someone more masculine looking. Can we get the gorgeous and talented Mr. Muhney back as nuAshland if he promises to behave himself? Is all forgiven? There was more to the story.

by Anonymousreply 101January 20, 2022 1:31 PM

Y&R is, as guidance counselors used to say, simply "not living up to its potential." With great history and great actors, it sucks. It is without energy, without drive, without passion. The actors can do only so much without good stories. Oh, and for a character who is doing security work in the army, they hire someone who looks like he should be strumming his guitar and smoking weed. BTW, the remark above "what woman in their right might cries out another man's name when in bed with Jordi Vilasuso" got me aroused. Oh, Jordi!

by Anonymousreply 102January 20, 2022 1:43 PM

NO to titty toucher returning. Just NO.

by Anonymousreply 103January 20, 2022 2:05 PM

"The role of Ashland Locke is now being played by Michael Muhney." Oh how I long to hear those words. My va-jay-jay is drenched at the prospect.

by Anonymousreply 104January 20, 2022 2:07 PM

Wasn’t boobie grabber supposed to go on to better things and win Multiple Oscars? lolololololol

by Anonymousreply 105January 20, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote] "The role of Ashland Locke is now being played by Michael Muhney."

More likely:

"The role of Paramedic No. 2 is now being played by Michael Muhney."

And that would be for an episode of General Hospital done on a day when Maura West isn't in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 106January 20, 2022 7:51 PM

I will miss Richard Burgi. He makes me moist.

by Anonymousreply 107January 20, 2022 7:57 PM

R92 Yes. Burgi was originally hired for just 10 episodes. However, it was right around that time when JaBottom & Dummer's contract negotiations went south, so they had to change the planned storyline and write around their impending exit. With that move, they asked Burgi to stay on longer into the summer (about another three months). During this time, they brought Ashland into Wimptoria's orbit, and at some point, they opted to write around that relationship, so they offered him a contract.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2022 8:09 PM

[quote]It is without energy, without drive, without passion.

And without budget, which makes the lousy writing seem that much more scant.

by Anonymousreply 109January 20, 2022 8:14 PM

Ashland could have been interesting as a foil for Victor. Saddling him with Snoozetoria was a huge mistake.

by Anonymousreply 110January 20, 2022 8:15 PM

Why do they keep that actress that plays Victoria around? Even those in the nursing homes, those that aren’t asleep yet, nod off when she comes on. She’s snoozeville.

by Anonymousreply 111January 20, 2022 8:19 PM

[quote] Ashland could have been interesting as a foil for Victor. Saddling him with Snoozetoria was a huge mistake.

Ashland could have been interesting if JaBottom had had his hot summer fling with HIM instead of dull beard Tara.

And really, even the manufactured backstory involving teens, "Bobby & Ashland" could have been altered to say that they were teenage boyfriends running away from home to get away from the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 112January 20, 2022 8:30 PM

Muhney is hot, sexy, and talented. He oozes sex appeal and charisma. All that going to waste. He was fired for political reasons. Are fans still protesting?

by Anonymousreply 113January 20, 2022 9:05 PM

Y&R would never go there but a dark movie script would have had Ashland befriend Kyle and Kyle would feel guilty over the affair and then, Ashland has Kyle kidnapped and ...well use your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 114January 20, 2022 11:36 PM

[quote] Are fans still protesting?

Anyone who calls themselves a fan of Muhney's should never ever wish that he'd be back at Y&R, since according to him, the whole experience nearly drove him to consider suicide. (See tweet from 2019.) Move on and move along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 20, 2022 11:51 PM

R115 that wasn’t during his time on the show. He was let go in 2014. He states the last five years. The resulting lie and internet rumor (so he says) is what drove him almost to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2022 12:03 AM

I'll never understand Muhney. He had it all. He was poised to join the top ranks of that show; Nick, good. Adam, bad. Lather. Rinse Repeat.

ALL he had to do was do his job, show up, not grab any boobies, say nice things. do press.

But he threw it all away.

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2022 12:57 AM

Like a suburban dad who throws it all away for a few sexts with the teenage babysitter.

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2022 1:00 AM

Any story where Mealor gets kidnapped and chopped up into a million pieces'd make me very happy.

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2022 1:10 AM

R117 Muhney wasn’t poised to become the next Daniel Day Lewis or Laurence Olivier. He’s actually my favorite Adam, but soaps are a dying breed anyway. Shit goes down all the time on any tv show. If he did grope King, then he had it coming. Very few on the show had his back anyway, if it wasn’t King it would’ve been something else. He might’ve had a prime time show like Justin Hartley, but I can’t see Muhney becoming a huge breakout actor.

by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2022 2:09 AM

The Muhney stans still fly an airplane over CBS annually.

by Anonymousreply 121January 21, 2022 2:27 AM

Michael Muhney was the most talented and most sexiest actor to play Adam. He and Sharon Case has chemistry up the wazoo. That was her best pairing in all her years with the show.

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2022 4:54 AM

Mark Grossman is the best Adam ever!

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2022 8:27 AM

This guy looks very familiar, was he James’ homophobic abusive father on Hollyoaks?

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2022 8:33 AM

R124 No. James' father, Mac Nightingale, was played by British actor, David Easter.

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2022 9:21 AM

Here Robert in a zoom a year ago. He looks alright to me. No not as muscular and "hard" as Richard, but handsome nonetheless. If he has changed drastically since then I'm willing to give him a chance. Let's face it girls, Burgi is out and unless there's an intense campaign to get him back it won't happen (any time soon, at least).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2022 11:40 AM

How soon before Zimmer starts as nuTraci?

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2022 12:11 PM

We have to fly a plane over CBS to get Burgi back! Because it worked so well for that other actor.

by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2022 1:10 PM

Zimmer can be Tara's mom coming for revenge against that bitch Phyllis

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2022 1:33 PM

Richard Burgi is one of the most handsome men I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 130January 21, 2022 1:37 PM

Zimmer is better suited to play a rogue planet heading toward Genoa City to destroy the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 131January 21, 2022 2:24 PM

Zimmer IN as nuDr Casey Reed.

by Anonymousreply 132January 21, 2022 2:37 PM

Casey Reed could have left GC 40 years ag0, pregnant by Lucas Prentiss. Has possibilities......

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2022 3:39 PM

Burgi is so extraordinarily handsome and an engaging actor. I'm sorry to see him go.

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2022 3:41 PM

I would love to watch a Kim Zimmer/Beth Maitland showdown at the Craft Services Table.

by Anonymousreply 135January 21, 2022 4:03 PM

I would love to watch a Richard Burgi/Josh Morrow wrestling match in front of the Crafts Services Table.

by Anonymousreply 136January 21, 2022 4:54 PM

I’m telling ya, Kim and Beth Maitland as twins separated by the slut Dina Mergeron. Revive the Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 137January 21, 2022 5:26 PM

Dina was horrified at Traci's heft. Imagine if she had to deal with Zimmer as another fatso daughter who shopped at Lane Bryant?

by Anonymousreply 138January 21, 2022 5:38 PM

Dina is worm-food now, honey. Moot point.

by Anonymousreply 139January 21, 2022 6:12 PM

Aunt Casey lives with her wife in Colorado. She wears a lot of flannel.

by Anonymousreply 140January 21, 2022 6:15 PM

When was the last time Casey was seen on the show?

When was the last time Casey was even mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 141January 21, 2022 6:16 PM

Every time I read the name Ashland Locke I think of Terri Garber in that awful Aaron Spellingy Gone with the Windy sort of miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 142January 21, 2022 6:16 PM

North and South, r142

by Anonymousreply 143January 21, 2022 6:19 PM

This show has been unwatchable for at least 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 144January 21, 2022 6:20 PM

Rumor mill says that Frank Dicopolous was also up for the Ashland role. He’s moved out to LA and wants to revive his acting career.

by Anonymousreply 145January 21, 2022 7:18 PM

I heard they wanted Don Hastings as Ashland, but he was asking for too much money. Don still gets my panties moist.

by Anonymousreply 146January 21, 2022 7:59 PM

R141 I think the last time we heard about "current day" Casey was when MTS was having her big contract brouhaha with Sony, and TPTB had to write her out for awhile, so they sent Nikki off to take care of Casey who was said to be undergoing treatments for breast cancer. That was 2009.

Since then, the only time I remember Casey being mentioned were during those two special "Nikki Centric" episodes. The one was the Christmas 2011 episode where Nikki was drunk and crashed her car, and an Angel visited her to talk about her life. When Nikki talked about Casey, they showed an old flashback of the two sisters. .. The second one was in 2019 when Nikki was in jail, and decided to write her "true life story." During that episode, she recounted some stuff about her and Casey, and there was a flashback related to the time Nick Reed came back into their lives, and Nikki ending up killing him when he tried to rape her.

Other than that, the last time we actually saw Roberta Leighton playing Casey was after Veronica Landers plugged Nikki with four bullets, and she was in critical condition. It looked pretty dire, so Casey & Her Big Ol' Bee Sting Lips arrived to keep vigil with The Newmans. Nikki flat-lined, but was revived. That would have been 1998. .. Shit! Twenty-four years ago!

by Anonymousreply 147January 21, 2022 8:24 PM

Thanks r147.

You've seem to have an encyclopedia knowledge of subject. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 148January 21, 2022 8:26 PM

Almost ten years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 21, 2022 8:34 PM

Leighton put this photo of herself up on Facebook in September 2020.

I mean, WTF? Then people wonder why they never have her on Y&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 21, 2022 8:36 PM

R97 They haven't been banned for years. Where the fuck have YOU been?

by Anonymousreply 151January 21, 2022 8:36 PM

Roberta with BrendaD in 2006.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 21, 2022 8:54 PM

Yikes r150!

Did she get stung by a hive of bees!?!?!

Is she trying to demonstrate the dangers of messing with a queen bee?

by Anonymousreply 153January 21, 2022 9:06 PM

Brendad's tits are quite spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 154January 21, 2022 9:30 PM

Roberta Leighton, who sucked Hasselhoff’s cock back in the day, hasn’t returned Mel’s calls lately.

by Anonymousreply 155January 21, 2022 10:22 PM

Breaking news?

This "news" wouldn't have nodded a willow as much as a small breeze in May.

by Anonymousreply 156January 21, 2022 10:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 21, 2022 11:11 PM

Robert fucked Jennifer Cooke, back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 158January 22, 2022 12:17 AM

Nice r157. I like Josh Lewis

by Anonymousreply 159January 22, 2022 12:30 AM

So what? JWS fucked her too back in the day. These guys were young hot and horny and competed for prime pussy.

by Anonymousreply 160January 22, 2022 12:35 AM

The "X soap star we know is gay had passionate affairs with women" troll is truly, deeply beating a dead horse. Exactly no one believes it or finds it humorous, toots.

by Anonymousreply 161January 22, 2022 12:48 AM

JWS sucked Marland’s toes, not women’s pussies. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 162January 22, 2022 12:57 AM

JWS dated Marsha Clark. They were hot and heavy for a while. That is a fact. He may be into dick, but he likes pussy too.

by Anonymousreply 163January 22, 2022 2:29 AM

That is absolutely not a fact. Not even a little.

by Anonymousreply 164January 22, 2022 2:47 AM

Marsha was into pussy.

by Anonymousreply 165January 22, 2022 6:31 AM

But it can probably be agreed that NO ONE fucked Kristin Vigard. Talk about unattractive, with that face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 166January 22, 2022 6:35 AM

Geri Court had the hots for Ms Vigard.

by Anonymousreply 167January 22, 2022 7:13 AM

Geri Court and David O'Brien were an item.

by Anonymousreply 168January 22, 2022 7:18 AM

You mean David Easter r124 who is also well known for being on Brookside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 22, 2022 9:11 AM

R168 They were not. If that joke ever had any flavor to it, you killed it years ago.

by Anonymousreply 170January 22, 2022 1:34 PM

Soap critic Marlena de la Croix has been silent for the past several years, but resurfaced this week.

No explanation for her long absence, but she does offer a critique of Y&R, calling it a "disappointment."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 23, 2022 9:46 PM

So, they're going to add Winters to baby Dominic's name?!?!?

He's now Dominic Phillip Abbot-Newman Winters Chancellor?

Did I get that right? Or are there are few other names in there?

by Anonymousreply 172January 23, 2022 9:51 PM

Dominic Phillip Abbot-Newman Winters Chancellor Morrell Carrington Colby Colby Dexter

by Anonymousreply 173January 23, 2022 9:56 PM

Dominic Phillip Abbot-Newman Winters Chancellor Morrell Carrington Colby Colby Dexter Jingleheimer Schmidt

by Anonymousreply 174January 23, 2022 10:10 PM

Devon should be busy plugging Amanda instead of worrying about Dominic. And Griffith has turned Chance into a pathetic piece of shit. If I were Abby I would ask for a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 175January 23, 2022 11:35 PM

R171 Poor Marlena DeLacroix is such a homely thing. That Connie whatever her name is should look in the mirror before criticizing anyone! She’s ugly as fuck. Yikes!!!!

by Anonymousreply 176January 24, 2022 12:20 AM

Will Y&R bring Dee Dee Halls back in here iconic role of Barbara Anderson once Days is canned?

by Anonymousreply 177January 24, 2022 12:42 AM

Will Ashland Locke turn out to be Brooks Prentiss?

by Anonymousreply 178January 24, 2022 3:04 AM

R173, I love this. (I think it might have been Colby Dexter Colby Rowan)

AND I LOVE THIS!!!

by Anonymousreply 179January 24, 2022 3:38 AM

R178 No. We already heard Ashland Locke's secret backstory.

His real identity is "Bobby DeFranco."

Bobby took his friend's identity after the two runaway teens were in a car accident, and the real Ashland Locke died. Young Bobby did this to escape his abusive home life where his father used him as a punching bag.

by Anonymousreply 180January 24, 2022 3:58 AM

I loved Y&R before they dropped the "The." I loved the fat name and all the fat characters. All we have left are Fat Nikki and and sometimes Fat Traci and Fat Nina. Fat Chris Brooks. Fat Stuart Brooks. Fat Douglas Austin. Fat Gina Roma. They're all a memory now.

by Anonymousreply 181January 24, 2022 5:56 AM

TYATR was my favorite show!

by Anonymousreply 182January 24, 2022 11:30 AM

No one will ever remember who Brooks Prentiss is. Fat slob Giddens pitched him when he was sucking Angelica McDaniel’s tit while trying to get a job.

by Anonymousreply 183January 24, 2022 12:07 PM

Griffiths really missed a lot of opportunities when he didn't make Ashland Brooks Prentiss

by Anonymousreply 184January 24, 2022 2:39 PM

Brooks Prentiss is the soapiest soap name that ever soaped.

by Anonymousreply 185January 24, 2022 2:40 PM

[quote]Griffiths really missed a lot of opportunities when he didn't make Ashland Brooks Prentiss

I have no such expectations of Josh—Suspense-free since '93!—Griffith.

by Anonymousreply 186January 24, 2022 2:42 PM

Josh Griffith’s job is safe per the fatso Errol and Dumb Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 187January 24, 2022 4:27 PM

Josh Griffith seems like the kind of asshole who will sit back after he's fired and laugh at how long SONY kept him employed.

by Anonymousreply 188January 24, 2022 4:54 PM

Griffith is making over $40,000 a week. How much are you cunts making? Of course he’s sitting back and laughing. I’d be laughing too.

by Anonymousreply 189January 24, 2022 4:58 PM

Dumb Dylan has the scoop because he compared Griffith to Shakespeare!

by Anonymousreply 190January 24, 2022 5:26 PM

it's almost like he has contempt for the soap genre; he has a supporter at Sony; I think they're college pals or something and he just keeps getting hired and hired over and over and over again.

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 191January 24, 2022 5:43 PM

Sixty-three year-old Burgi and Newman are both too old to play Brooks Prentiss. Comparably, Janice Lynde, the actress who plays Brooks' mother, Leslie, is just ten years older than those actors (now 73). Brooks (born in 1979) should only be forty-something, and there's really no reason to age the character by TWENTY years. This show has enough old characters.

by Anonymousreply 192January 24, 2022 6:41 PM

Josh Griffith and Sony's Steve Kent go all the way back to their days together on "Santa Barbara."

And besides working on Sony's Y&R and DOOL, Griffith also created Sony's Spanish-language telenovela, "Bienvenida Realidad" and was HW and co-EP for Sony's Nick at Nite project "Hollywood Heights."

by Anonymousreply 193January 24, 2022 9:47 PM

R193 So Griffith is a mega millionaire. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 194January 24, 2022 10:12 PM

LML needs to come back and rescue this snoozefest. Her tenure was the only time this horrid show was watchable and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 195January 25, 2022 3:54 PM

Janice is 76 this year.

by Anonymousreply 196January 25, 2022 4:27 PM

I liked LatinaLeslie better?

by Anonymousreply 197January 25, 2022 4:54 PM

Also, he may work for food.

by Anonymousreply 198January 25, 2022 5:10 PM

You are so right, r195. Except for killing John Abbott off, LML was the best thing that ever happened to Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 199January 25, 2022 5:33 PM

LML = annus horribilis

by Anonymousreply 200January 25, 2022 5:36 PM

LML = anni fabulosi

by Anonymousreply 201January 25, 2022 5:39 PM

a week's synopsis of Lynn's work read like a year in review of Bill Bell's era; she burned through story at a lightning fast speed.

Here's why I wouldn't have hired her; she doesn't stay. She leaves and when she leaves, all the history she's burned through is scorched earth for the next regime to try to clean up.

by Anonymousreply 202January 25, 2022 5:47 PM

Didn't they fire her, r202?

by Anonymousreply 203January 25, 2022 5:49 PM

Wasn't LML when the Fisher Baldwins ate the show?

by Anonymousreply 204January 25, 2022 5:57 PM

After the 2007-2008 writers strike, CBS declined to have LML return as HW.

That's when Maria Arena Bell came on as HW.

Maria's first year was quite good as she cleaned up LML's mess nicely. However, it was in her second year that her stories began to faulter. By her third year, Maria's stories were a trainwreck, despite having both Paul Rauch and Hogan Sheffer there to help her.

by Anonymousreply 205January 25, 2022 6:00 PM

Yes, r204. Plus the reliquary story. And Jewish Brad (and his mother). And the Professor Cowbell / Colleen / JT triangle. And people talked like...people. It was the very best version of the show ever!

by Anonymousreply 206January 25, 2022 6:00 PM

R206, maybe the dialogue was good but as a long time watcher, I walked away until it subsided. Could not stand all those Fishers... it triggered memories of the Cricket decade (which still had a lot of my favourites to justify the damage to my gritted teeth.) I like Gloria in measured doses - the actress is comic and under her the role was good levity compared to the rest of them suffering endlessly. I thought they were on to something in the past few years when Gloria and Jack got it on.... much more entertaining (and believable) than 301-year old Jack Abbott bagging women forty or fifty years younger. But LML was too much for my enjoyment. Mileage always varies with these things... I could have watched the Marge storyline for five years. It's so rare Y&R has even a flash of fun. I haven't actually watched since Stafford came back.

by Anonymousreply 207January 25, 2022 6:06 PM

Reliquary was garbage.

by Anonymousreply 208January 25, 2022 6:11 PM

I always think the best storylines don't start with the need for a dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 209January 25, 2022 6:32 PM

r209 = Josh Griffith

by Anonymousreply 210January 25, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote] Except for killing John Abbott off ....

It wasn't just John Abbott that Lathag killed off. She decimated the Abbotts. .. Aunt Jack later said in an interview that he thought it was the end of the family under her. .. Remember she also fired Eileen Davidson and rarely played Beth Maitland. .. And while she cast Scott Seymour to play the return of Billy, he was so BAD that viewers immediately dubbed him "Billywood." As such, he only lasted one 13-week cycle and was canned and not replaced. During this time, GloHo's catch-phrase "John would have wanted it this way" began to be used on message boards to refer to all the garbage Lathag was penning.

by Anonymousreply 211January 25, 2022 6:36 PM

Somehow, and I think it was all about John Abbott in the end, but the Abbotts became beloved on that show. Get rid of them, you've killed it. I don't quite know how or why but they're kind of like the ravens in the tower... if they go, it falls. I think you could get rid of anybody, even the Newmans, but the Abbott family anchors the show. (Although John's serial monogamy was only slightly worse than his taste in women.)

by Anonymousreply 212January 25, 2022 6:40 PM

Like herpes, LML also "gifted" us with Daniel Goddard's "Cane Ashby."

by Anonymousreply 213January 25, 2022 6:45 PM

Oh, God... she should be jailed for Canestipation. That I'm-filling-my-diapers smile of his....

by Anonymousreply 214January 25, 2022 6:46 PM

That guy at the OP is....breathtaking

by Anonymousreply 215January 25, 2022 6:53 PM

Dumb Dylan thinks that Griffith is writing Shakespere.

by Anonymousreply 216January 25, 2022 7:17 PM

[quote] the Abbott family anchors the show.

So true! And I don't think any of the EPs or HWs in the past 20 years really appreciated that.

I agree. Get rid of the Abbots and you kill the show.

They've made The Great Victor Newman and his family the center of the show when the Abbots are the heart of the show.

by Anonymousreply 217January 25, 2022 7:21 PM

Actually the Brooks and Foster families are the heart of the show. The Abbotts and Newmans are simply latecomers. Where is Brooks Prentiss? Where is Jennifer Foster? These characters should be anchoring the show. Fat Chris Brooks Foster should be the show's matriarch.

by Anonymousreply 218January 25, 2022 8:31 PM

Even Bill Bell himself was done with Brooks and Fosters. And at this point, simply introducing characters who are bear the names "Brooks Prentiss" and "Jennifer Foster" would be no different than introducing totally new characters with no link to anyone currently on the show. And we certainly don't need their ancient parents around. This show skews old enough already.

by Anonymousreply 219January 25, 2022 9:09 PM

R219 that was one of his mistakes, I think. How could he tore off wiring them in 7 years ('73 to '80) but he was able to write for the Newmans and Abbotts for over a decade? He should've kept a couple of them in Genoa City. Didn't make sense that an established influencial family in a city for how many generations just uproots and leave. The writers keep missing that opportunity to introduce these rich characters to a new generation of viewers. I'm personally sick of the rinse-repeat of a Newman vs Abbott rivalry that seems to be the main storyline on this show.

by Anonymousreply 220January 25, 2022 9:29 PM

It was Bill Bell successfully jettisoning the Brooks and Foster families in 1982 that gave CBS the idea that Guiding Light could also successfully get rid of the Bauer family and ATWT could 86 the Hughes family.

by Anonymousreply 221January 25, 2022 9:44 PM

Bell said he'd grown weary of the recasts within Brooks and Fosters. I can certainly understand that perspective.

So when Hasselhofenburger and his pet, Jaime Lyn Bauer, announced their intention to leave, that was it. Enough. No more.

He retained Jill Foster and moved her into The Abbotts. Undoubtedly, the longtime Kay-Jill feud had a lot more mileage and was too good to jettison.

by Anonymousreply 222January 25, 2022 10:22 PM

Dumb Dylan is going to be Shakespeare Griffith’s Co-HW!

by Anonymousreply 223January 25, 2022 11:03 PM

R192 True, the ages are off.

I was really hoping they could coax James Scott to play Brooks - he would have been perfect, what Billy once was and what they'll never make Jason T no matter how hard they try.

by Anonymousreply 224January 25, 2022 11:10 PM

Brooks Prentiss spends his days in Lori's basement whacking off to a photo of Dennis Cole. He has no time for corporate intrigue.

by Anonymousreply 225January 25, 2022 11:35 PM

Dumb Dylan is in love with Mark Grossman! He left SON for MONTHS when Grossman and Sharon Case were confirmed to be an item!

by Anonymousreply 226January 25, 2022 11:43 PM

Kim Zimmer IN as NuLorie Brooks! Colleen Zenk IN as NuLeslie Brooks! The Brooks Sisters have turned into boozehounds with multiple DUIs between them! Jensen B. returns as the judge for their case when she drives through the courtroom!

by Anonymousreply 227January 25, 2022 11:47 PM

When I see several posts I can't see, I know that an angel has its wings....and that the troll's run out of their Seroquel again......

by Anonymousreply 228January 26, 2022 12:34 AM

Dumb Dylan threw a hissy fit at SON and said Griffith is a “nice guy.” How tf does he know? Dylan has the scoop! Dylan is an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 229January 26, 2022 12:37 AM

by Anonymousreply 230January 26, 2022 12:59 AM

Where have you people been?

Brooks Prentiss transitioned back in 2005 and simply goes by the mononymous "Brooklyn" now when performing her cabaret act throughout Europe.

It's rumored that she and her accompanist, Ernesto Fautsch III, have more than a' professional' relationship, yet he's still legally married to Simone Vauban's daughter, Celeste.

by Anonymousreply 231January 26, 2022 1:04 AM

Not offensive or anything but really not funny r231.

by Anonymousreply 232January 26, 2022 1:36 AM

LML let Judith Chapman bulldoze the show for a few years. And I loved it. It reminded me of when AMC randomly elevated 65-year old Marj Dusay as the show's leading lady for a brief period earlier in the decade.

by Anonymousreply 233January 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Anyone watching all the full episodes posted by user Andrew Madrigal on YouTube? I'm shocked Sony hasn't had them removed.

I just watched the episode where Cricket gets raped. How weird was it for Bill Bell to write a rape storyline for his own daughter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 26, 2022 1:50 AM

Marj was great as Vanessa. It s too bad they did not keep her as an amoral socialite and mother from hell with long-term potential and turned her into a psychotic drug lord which made no sense with her back-story up to that time.

by Anonymousreply 235January 26, 2022 1:51 AM

Poor Marj. She had a comic background and always tried to leaven the bitches she played with humor.

I loved her and respected her work but she was an actress who would dial it up if not directed, and she went over the top on both GL and AMC. And the more she went over the top, the more the writers ramped it up, and it derailed, especially at AMC.

by Anonymousreply 236January 26, 2022 1:54 AM

AMC really wasted its potential with Marj. She and James Mitchell as Palmer were so delicious together, and snobby digs at Opal were hysterical. The discussion boards at the time used to refer to them as the "PalmNess Monster." Agnes wrote her as an amoral socialite, and then Jean Passanante and later Richard Culliton introduced the drug lord aspect which made zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 237January 26, 2022 2:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 238January 26, 2022 3:37 AM

Lynn hopped on the picket line to support the striking writers; it was her way of getting away from the show. She didn't fire Eileen. I believe the network did. An exec there had come from ABC Daytime home to Port Charles, which starred Eileen's ex, J. Lindstrom.

So many chefs in the kitchen. Bill must be spinning over in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 239January 26, 2022 3:57 AM

R234, the weird part is about that rape storyline is that Tricia Cast really shined as the best friend helping her pal.

by Anonymousreply 240January 26, 2022 3:59 AM

Dumb Dylan thinks he’s best buds with Grossman and Griffith. Vee, who’s in the biz, is the only one who is true friends with everyone in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 241January 26, 2022 6:26 AM

Vee, who is in the biz and the only insider at SON, called out Dumb Dylan for being an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 242January 26, 2022 8:08 AM

Can someone please give Kate Linder material commensurate with her talent?

by Anonymousreply 243January 26, 2022 9:46 AM

When it comes to Linder, they should have left it at, "Yes Mrs. C."

by Anonymousreply 244January 26, 2022 9:50 AM

I'm surprised NuNoah was brought on for another shot at Tessa. He was really set up to be gay. Will Mariah go back to the mens?

by Anonymousreply 245January 26, 2022 11:58 AM

R243 What talent?

by Anonymousreply 246January 26, 2022 1:59 PM

Press.

[quote] Dubbed Teriah by shippers, the Y&R duo is the only full-time, same-sex couple in daytime right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 26, 2022 8:16 PM

They're dubbed Messa. Who writes this shit?

by Anonymousreply 248January 26, 2022 8:20 PM

I don't think Lauralee was that bad. She was okay. Cast is definitely a better actress and elevated the scenes at r234. Notice how the camera is more focused on Cast.

by Anonymousreply 249January 26, 2022 8:29 PM

Dumb Dylan is lerning they their theyre from his idol Josh Griffith. And don’t foget than and then.

by Anonymousreply 250January 26, 2022 8:30 PM

Dumb Dylan is back on sabbatical at SON because he had to answer for being JG’s #1 fan.

by Anonymousreply 251January 26, 2022 8:41 PM

Does Dumb Dylan even understand that his idol Mark Grossman is eating Sharon Case’s snatch? Vee, who’s in the biz has confirmed this many times. Vee is in the biz and knows EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 252January 26, 2022 8:54 PM

Why are Mariah's arms so fat?

by Anonymousreply 253January 26, 2022 9:34 PM

Cricket/Christine was never bad, per se, compared to any other ingenue character. Lauralee was OK.

It was the fact that she ate the show. Even a character like Lily Walsh, as often as she was front burner (and kidnapped!) never seemed to monopolize story like "the Bug" did.

by Anonymousreply 254January 26, 2022 10:04 PM

Cricket was terrible especially given her contemporaries. Your memories are fading.

by Anonymousreply 255January 26, 2022 10:21 PM

Cricket's mother with AIDS was unbearable. It was great that Bill Bell killed her off relatively quickly.

by Anonymousreply 256January 26, 2022 10:37 PM

Daddy probably wrote the date-rape story for Lauralee to try to get her noticed in some serious material, hoping that she might get a Daytime Emmy nod in the Young Actress category.

Didn't work. Not even a nomination.

The best LLB got that year was a win at the Young Artists Awards, then called the Youth in Film awards. This is something the Hollywood Foreign Press came up with.

by Anonymousreply 257January 26, 2022 10:38 PM

In the mid/late 80s, a lot of shows were having these teen heroines in peril stories eat their shows. Besides Cricket and Lily, there was Julie on AMC and Trisha on Loving.

by Anonymousreply 258January 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, has silenced Dumb Dylan for now. For now.

by Anonymousreply 259January 26, 2022 10:53 PM

Who the fuck is Vee? Verla Grubbs? Veronica Landers? Valerie Ames? Vanessa Dale Sterling?

by Anonymousreply 260January 26, 2022 11:06 PM

Please Josh if you're reading this, your Abby Devon Dominic story sucks. Abby and Chance should be fighting Devon, not Chance capitulating to him. This would be more emotionally gut wrenching and tense than this boring and pointless storyline

by Anonymousreply 261January 26, 2022 11:15 PM

I noticed they wheeled Victor Newman out for a few scenes today. Couldn't understand a word he said.

by Anonymousreply 262January 26, 2022 11:19 PM

Can't wait to watch the Marge storyline from 1989 on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 263January 26, 2022 11:20 PM

Scoche Marin was wonderful in that storyline, wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 264January 26, 2022 11:23 PM

Shudduhellup, punk. Youknowigodmyphone, baby. NemgonnagedaJagabbid. He's a punk!

by Anonymousreply 265January 26, 2022 11:28 PM

Hello my dears! Today when I, Scoche Marin, continued to singlehandedly recreate the role of Katherine Chancellor and become her definitive portrayer, we stopped in for a pick me up at Crimson Lights. That Esther and Katie Linder are never do as I say!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 26, 2022 11:30 PM

Nothing featuring Dull Devon or Boredway is going to rise to emotionally gut-wrenching.

But that said, the surrogacy story has sucked since it was first concocted. It should have come with a PSA Warning that if anyone out there is considering surrogacy, do NOT follow anything you see here.

by Anonymousreply 267January 26, 2022 11:48 PM

R262, I couldn't understand Victor either. I watch online, so I had to rewind a bit and listen extra closely to understand. Then I decided to just fast forwarded through his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 268January 27, 2022 12:03 AM

What has Chance done since coming home besides mope around the house and not comb his hair? Them sharing custody with DULLvon is stupid and boring. They missed a real chance for something half-way interesting to happen. Even the potential Sally vs.Chelsea storyline is going nowhere. I guess they think we all excited about the lezzie wedding.

by Anonymousreply 269January 27, 2022 12:08 AM

When Hans is an episode, I make a point of having the closed-captions on.

by Anonymousreply 270January 27, 2022 12:13 AM

I do not care about Mariah and Tessa getting married. The Dominic custody thingy does not interest me in the least. I think the Newman-Locke/Newman Media story has potential and a Sharon-Rey-Chelsea triangle has potential.

by Anonymousreply 271January 27, 2022 12:14 AM

I think Rey pounding step-son Noah out in The Newman Barn has potential.

by Anonymousreply 272January 27, 2022 12:18 AM

Is Phyllis leaving? PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 273January 27, 2022 12:21 AM

Her return has been massively wasted.

by Anonymousreply 274January 27, 2022 12:22 AM

Will Noah be awake for the pounding? So far in all his scenes he seems half asleep

by Anonymousreply 275January 27, 2022 12:29 AM

Phyllis the character or the actress?

by Anonymousreply 276January 27, 2022 12:34 AM

I’d like to see a marge-like story with Eric braeden and victor.

Maybe there’s a bartender named Ralph who can step in. I hate doppelgänger stories but maybe Eric has another side to show.

by Anonymousreply 277January 27, 2022 12:39 AM

I'd like to see his backside as they wheel him out after his last scene, youbetchu.

by Anonymousreply 278January 27, 2022 12:42 AM

R277 You mean Rolf.

by Anonymousreply 279January 27, 2022 12:48 AM

Neither Michelle nor Phyllis are leaving

I like this new Noah; the other one was too old, too short, and he looked more like Sharon's boyfriend than her son.

I adore Jason Thompson. As Dr. Patrick Drake. His playing Billy reminds me of John Bolger replacing Grant as Phillip. No. Just....no.

I don't know or care why there are three media companies on Y&R; watching billy and adam play journalists makes the 30something CEOs at Forrester Creations look like Succession.

by Anonymousreply 280January 27, 2022 2:21 AM

The lezzys get way too much airtime. I can’t stand Tessa’s voice. So irritating.

by Anonymousreply 281January 27, 2022 3:36 AM

I don't know why this show thinks we still care about business storylines. We don't.

No one cares about corporate intrigue. It's not the 80s any more.

by Anonymousreply 282January 27, 2022 3:55 AM

Poor Braeden’s sad last days.

by Anonymousreply 283January 27, 2022 4:20 AM

There was yet another exchange between Adam and Victoria the other day during which Victoria told Adam he is only CEO of Newman Media because he's Victor's son. If I was writing this show, I would have Adam point at himself and say "Harvard MBA" and then at her and say "art history major" right before he reminds her that she, of course, is only where *she* is because she's Victor's daughter (and Nick didn't want the gig). I would also make sure this was his response Every Single Time she condescends to him in that way.

by Anonymousreply 284January 27, 2022 4:59 AM

There's so much the writers don't understand. Business should only be a background for human conflicts. We don't care about Jabot or Chancellor Enterprises or whatever...we care about the people in those stories. Tell us stories about people in conflicts that we can identify with. The business stories should exist but be background for unrequited loves, triangles, struggles with addiction, people put in ethical dilemmas. We also want to see our favorites front and center, not as "talk to" people for the latest models hired. Really talented writers know how to create stories we want to watch, not simply day by day repetitive dialogue that, in the end, goes nowhere. And it can't all be talking...there needs to be some activity. Y&R has become the show of characters simply talking to each other every day in different combinations on different sets in nice clothing.

by Anonymousreply 285January 27, 2022 11:40 AM

What??? You don't care about the Newman fashion platform???

by Anonymousreply 286January 27, 2022 12:42 PM

Alan Sarapa is a god damn mess! He needs to STFU. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 287January 27, 2022 3:15 PM

by Anonymousreply 288January 27, 2022 3:22 PM

So was Jabottom getting it from daddy Ashland aka Brooks?

by Anonymousreply 289January 27, 2022 4:01 PM

A lot of popular springs have been business-themed plot-driven. Business shouldn't be in the background per se, however, the Newman business angle has been done to death. Should see Devon trying to handle the gargantuan arena of the business world and coming into his own instead of yet another Newman sibling rivalry in the boardroom. Also, Adam may be reformed but he's losing his edge and is being too obvious in his wanting validation from Victor. That's not his and Victor's dynamic. That's Victoria and Victor's dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 290January 27, 2022 4:13 PM

[quote] Should see Devon trying to handle the gargantuan arena of the business world and coming into his own ...

Devon is boring. Bryton has been in the role 18 long years, and I still don't care.

And whose asinine idea was it to make him a multi-billionaire? JFP's and Griffith's back in 2013.

There was so much potential in divvying-up Kay's estate and all things Chancellor .. totally wasted.

by Anonymousreply 291January 27, 2022 4:35 PM

My beloved Josh Griffith is writing Shakespeare everyday!

by Anonymousreply 292January 27, 2022 5:17 PM

Bring back Bond Gideon and watch the ratings skyrocket!

by Anonymousreply 293January 27, 2022 6:04 PM

by Anonymousreply 294January 27, 2022 6:44 PM

Bring back Brendad and her fake boobies! Ratings would plummet!

by Anonymousreply 295January 27, 2022 6:49 PM

by Anonymousreply 296January 27, 2022 7:06 PM

Is there an airdate set for Sally McGuire's return yet?

by Anonymousreply 297January 27, 2022 7:24 PM

JFP has never been one who seemed to understand long term story potential

She killed off next generation Buchanan scion, Bo's son Drew, for a short term story on OLTL

She killed off Maureen Bauer for an a story climax, without thinking of the long term effect on the character of Ed and Michelle Bauer on GL.

She kills off Quatermaine after Quatermaine for sweeps stories on GH.

And she gives Katherine's billions to Devon, failing to understand the years of story potential that could come from a family dispute over that money on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 298January 27, 2022 7:24 PM

Has Jarsh Lewis started airing yet?

by Anonymousreply 299January 27, 2022 8:08 PM

R299 No. .. According to SOD, Newman's first airdate will be in February.

by Anonymousreply 300January 27, 2022 8:24 PM

Robert Newman? Is he Victor Newman's brother? Are they starting a new branch of the Newman family?

by Anonymousreply 301January 27, 2022 8:27 PM

His name would have to be "Robert Miller."

by Anonymousreply 302January 27, 2022 8:31 PM

LOL. That's cute r302

by Anonymousreply 303January 27, 2022 9:04 PM

Unfortunately Bryton James probably won’t be given his walking papers, because he tied to the Winters family. They really ruined his character or what their was of it when he walked away with Katherine’s whole estate. Christ it was Josh Griffith who did this to? Not to mention propping his stupid smug ass up with this surrogacy storyline when he come and go now with the baby he was just supposed to be a sperm donor for? And stupid Abby doesn’t consult Victor when useless Cricket says there is no use in fighting Saint Devon on this?! Victor would’ve brought him back down to Earth real quick and put his ass in check. Fucking show is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 304January 27, 2022 9:19 PM

R304 Yes. Josh Griffith was HW when we got the reading of Katherine's last will and testament.

Besides what he did with Devon, he also gave Jill the stupid music box.

But Griffith's final episode during that tenure came about seven weeks later, so it was then up to Altman-Passanante to tell the seemingly never-ending yarn of what that was about.

by Anonymousreply 305January 27, 2022 9:47 PM

I have no problem with Devon being left with Katherine's estate in the will. He's her grandson. It would be interesting if some of her family, including Phillip I's progenies, contested the will though.

by Anonymousreply 306January 27, 2022 11:00 PM

R306 He didn’t deserve ALL her money. She really didn’t know him long enough to leave everyone else out in the cold. There were many people Katherine was close to, including obviously her family. It would’ve been kind of a cool twist maybe seeing Esther get almost all of it, considering she was so loyal. The man simply doesn’t know how to write for this show. He’s got his favorites obviously. Devon (enough said and his character needs to leave town with this surrogate story disaster), Lily (making someone with a HS diploma CEO is ludicrous) Victoria (more of an asshole every day that goes by, but Victor is getting ready to slap her down).

by Anonymousreply 307January 27, 2022 11:19 PM

Adam vs. Victoria could be interesting but they've neutered Adam so much that it's a total snooze.

by Anonymousreply 308January 27, 2022 11:37 PM

When do we get to see Josh Morrow stripped down to his white briefs? The man has a terrific body for his age.

by Anonymousreply 309January 27, 2022 11:54 PM

Pervsuds says that Morrow is too old. Pervsuds is older than Morrow but he only likes the really young ones. Sicko.

by Anonymousreply 310January 28, 2022 12:48 AM

[quote] I have no problem with Devon being left with Katherine's estate in the will. He's her grandson.

Well, the thing is, Mackenzie is Kay's granddaughter, so basically, the same relationship as Devon. .. And if they were going have Kay leave Devon that much money based on his bio-relationship (since she barely knew him), then at the very least, the money should have been equally split with Mac. .. Kay not only knew Mac far longer but thought the world of her. They had a very loving relationship. PLUS, at the time of Kay's death, Mac had already given birth to one of the two great-grandbabies that are related to Kay: Dylan Hellstrom. Since, then, Mac's had Kay's great-granddaughter, Becca, as well.

The memorial service and reading of the will would have been a perfect opportunity to introduce a new, more dynamic actress in the role of Mackenzie. Instead, Team Phelps-Griffith didn't even have the character make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 311January 28, 2022 1:50 AM

Business storylines work when there is personal fallout. Jill getting 20% of Jabot after her divorce from John meant she'd still be in John and Jack's lives.

On B&B, Brooke taking 51% of Forrester in exchange for the BeLieF patent meant she'd get leverage and revenge over Stephanie who bullied and tormented her for years.

On GL, Phillip got Alexandra on board to jettison Alan out of Spaulding because Phillip was tired of his father's machinations in his life.

Brooke slapping Stephanie back after taking Forrester Creations and Phillip drinking a bottle of champagne on the floor of the country club "You try and disown me now, Dad." were great soap moments that came out of business storylines.

by Anonymousreply 312January 28, 2022 5:56 AM

Oh yay! Dumb Fuck Dylan posted Feb sweeps for all the soaps! Thank you Dumb Dylan. Has that ugly mo fo Vicky Fuckton commented yet anout Dumb Dylan’s sweeps spoilers that aren’t spoilers because they are on every soap website.

by Anonymousreply 313January 28, 2022 11:10 AM

Dumb Dylan has the scoop! He poasted all of ur yr feb sweaps spiolurs over theyre at SON!

by Anonymousreply 314January 28, 2022 11:47 AM

R312 Those are great, but they tend to work once or twice - they've been overused by most shows.

They also worked well because we knew a bit about what was happening, that X company was wrestling for control of Y thing. Not, Storm is CEO this week and Thunder is CEO next week and Little Susie Snackcake is CEO the next month.....no suspense and no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 315January 28, 2022 1:46 PM

One of the last business stories I enjoyed on Y&R was when Victor hired Michael LaBaldwin (ca. 2003) to be his corporate attorney at NE, but then soon blackmailed the legal eagle into being his bag man in a commercial bribery venture so that Saffra could get Jabot's shelf space at retail department store chains. It's how the Victor and Michael's "consigliere" relationship started. .. Michael had, of course, been bad, but he was in the beginning stages of trying to change (post Isabella plot), so he didn't like being Victor's "goon,", but felt compelled to do his bidding, as Victor had evidence that made Le Bug look guilty of Isabella's "murder." .. This move was also tied into the original plan that Michael would become romantically involved with Victor's daughter, Victoria, but after Heather Tom exited, TPTB had to switch gears and had it bring Michael into Lauren's orbit, since Fenmores was one of the department stores that Michael was meant to target. So long-term this business story led to both the Victor-Michael and Michael-Lauren relationships.

by Anonymousreply 316January 28, 2022 6:46 PM

The problem with business storylines on Y&R is they were the same old thing over and over and over again. Poor old Jabot - hostile takeover - shock! Jack gets it back for Dad! - tears and relief! Hostile takeover - shock! And on and on and on... Dear God in heaven, I just have to wonder if Jabot isn't really the Jill Abbott of Genoa City companies, alluring, fragrant, taken over and over again and again.

by Anonymousreply 317January 28, 2022 6:56 PM

We could get back to the days when Jill would snag some hot guys like Brad, Chase, Ryan, etc. to come into her office to help her decide which formula to use for the new Men's Line deodorant.

"Take off your shirts boys! I need to smell your pits."

by Anonymousreply 318January 28, 2022 7:07 PM

Speaking of which... this may be linked upthread but it is a treasuretrove of old Y&R. From the heart, hon, I spent the last damn hour watchin' Marge become that Sterlin' woman. And let me tell you, that Abbott woman who keeps showin' up is a real bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 28, 2022 7:55 PM

Linky stinky... here's a link to one, it will route you back to the channel page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 28, 2022 7:58 PM

Remind me. Were Wilma Jeanne and Gregary fucking IRL? She always wanted "Clint" to come back. .. When Gregary stopped in to visit her in her dressing room one day, she encouraged him to go meet MAB. That's what led to Clint being released from prison and going on the bank robbery spree with Poor Kevvie as his Stockholm Syndrome lackey.

by Anonymousreply 321January 28, 2022 8:39 PM

I thought it was the guy who played her son Brock that Wilma Jeanne was fucking.

by Anonymousreply 322January 28, 2022 8:41 PM

Miss Brendad Ickson is getting Joseph Madrigal’s page wiped from you tube. Thanks alot, Vee. In the biz my ass!

by Anonymousreply 323January 28, 2022 8:41 PM

R322 It was. But I believe there were rumors about Gregary as well.

by Anonymousreply 324January 28, 2022 8:52 PM

Dear Greg in Katherine!

by Anonymousreply 325January 28, 2022 8:57 PM

Wilma Jeanne took her choppers out to blow ‘Brock’ in her dressing room. Classy.

by Anonymousreply 326January 28, 2022 9:56 PM

Alan Sarapa, the homely idiot, thinks that he is teasing soap fraus with a spoiler. He’s such a fucking ugly stupid idiot. I’d fart on his face.

by Anonymousreply 327January 28, 2022 10:25 PM

Nein

by Anonymousreply 328January 28, 2022 10:37 PM

Poor Richard.

by Anonymousreply 329January 28, 2022 10:38 PM

I want to gag on Burgi's huge cock knob.

by Anonymousreply 330January 28, 2022 10:54 PM

r316 is rife with behind the scenes details. That must be Vee, who's in the biz, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 331January 28, 2022 10:58 PM

Vicky Fuckton, with those huge ugly choppers and Pervsuds are old men perving on the young uns. Disgusting. Add in that Freak John. Vee, who’s in the biz, needs to weed out the pervs.

by Anonymousreply 332January 28, 2022 11:16 PM
by Anonymousreply 333January 29, 2022 12:52 AM

R315, yes, I think we're saying the same thing. there was a time, I recall, no one went into Eric Forrester's office without an engraved invitation!

Now, they hand out CEO titles like candy -- to unproven youngsters. It's just dumb. I've seen episodes where Hope will be in Ridge's old office across the hall and then, same episode, she's back in Eric's behind Eric's desk. It's all so dumb.

I knew when Brooke had 51% and the rest was divided up among Eric, Stephanie and their kids.

A show COULD tell a business storyline if they cut out the BS, set it up and bring the emotion. The musical media companies on Y&R are a joke; it makes Restless Style look like a well plotted episode of Revenge. Actually, come to think of it, no, Restless Style sucked. Jack and Phyllis and Nick and Sharon all started a magazine without any professional advisors. And Sharon and PHyllis should have been at each other's throats -- not out shopping like they were one day.

by Anonymousreply 334January 29, 2022 1:33 AM

Why it doesn't take long to get from the Chancellor Estate to Crimson Lights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 29, 2022 6:32 AM

The new Chance is as bad as the old Chance. This regime can’t get it right.

by Anonymousreply 336January 29, 2022 6:08 PM

Bring back Doug Davidson! The show is just not the same without Paul Williams.

by Anonymousreply 337January 29, 2022 6:17 PM

Who are these people?

Who?

by Anonymousreply 338January 29, 2022 6:20 PM

Doug Davidson is welcome back anytime in my eyes. I love him! He’s much better than NuNoah woe is me.

by Anonymousreply 339January 29, 2022 6:29 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 340January 29, 2022 7:15 PM

I'm not thrilled with either NuReNuNuNuNoah or NuNuChance.

They did get Adam right, though.

Sorry, I don't miss dweeting Dougie at all.

by Anonymousreply 341January 29, 2022 7:17 PM

Dumb Dylan says to ignore him. Vee, who’s in the biz, knows everything!

by Anonymousreply 342January 29, 2022 7:32 PM

Traci looks as big as a whale. Why can't she lose the weight?

by Anonymousreply 343January 29, 2022 7:34 PM

Not necessary. TPTB have figured out that the majority of women who watch this show identify with Traci.

by Anonymousreply 344January 29, 2022 7:55 PM

This show is like every other soap that got cancelled or is on the air - they've all forgotten that you need to have the HAVES and the HAVE NOTS. Maybe class is too much a political thing now but it sure would give Y&R some fresh blood.

Instead of Jack and Phyllis part 946,893 they should have introduced a new love interest for Jack - a woman somewhat age appropriate (at least late 40s/early 50s) with a kid or two.

Maybe she'd be the one financially struggling, and she'd both catch Jack's eye and arouse suspicion in Phyllis.

OR maybe she's got a nice divorce settlement, and when Mac and her kids come back to town, she keeps her own financial struggles post JT a secret, so she and her kids clash with New Lady's kids.

Neither of the two Lily/Cane kids are vaguely interesting - it's been the 00s since Y&R last had a youth storyline worth a damn.

by Anonymousreply 345January 29, 2022 10:40 PM

Well you'd think there'd be more Abbott breakfasts and the exciting return of Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 346January 29, 2022 10:41 PM

Lily herself isn't interesting. Jill should have brought in some hot shot to run Chancellor, preferably a woman who would clash with both Lily and Billy (ugh, those two names together!). Also, they missed a golden opportunity to have Ashland play Victoria to get his hands on Newman. He was supposed to be some awesomely ruthless businessman and instead they neutered him and made him the human overbite's lapdog.

by Anonymousreply 347January 29, 2022 10:50 PM

Jason Thompson as Billy has to go, and quite frankly Lily can follow.

I wish they'd also lose Victoria or at least have someone who isn't the embodiment of Cousin Itt play her.

by Anonymousreply 348January 29, 2022 10:52 PM

I don't mind Lily, just not as a CEO. And while I still don't see Jason Thompson as Billy, at least we finally got rid of Cane Assby,

Some people may forget this, but the thing with Lily and Billy actually goes back 14 years to when Billy (then Billy Miller) began flirting with her online under an alias (Sonny Crawford), and they dated for awhile. They played a quad when Chloe was trying to trap Cane into marriage with a baby that was actually Billy's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 30, 2022 12:37 AM

Does CK have it in her contract that Lily can only be in relationships with white guys?

by Anonymousreply 350January 30, 2022 2:16 AM

Whoever decided it was a great idea to kill Colleen only to give her heart to Victor (the man who indirectly caused her death) was an IDIOT

by Anonymousreply 351January 30, 2022 2:30 AM

R350 Lily is usually related to every black guy on the show. lol! .. Anyway, they once started something between her and Redaric Williams' character, Tyler Michaelson, but honesty, he wasn't that great of an actor, and Tyler and his sister, Leslie, got the chop. .. I think that's the story that JFP "re-imagined" in order to accommodate bringing back Camryn Grimes full-time, so they quick turned her into Tyler's ex-financee instead of it being the Lily-lookalike whom they'd already mentioned and calling her "Mariah."

by Anonymousreply 352January 30, 2022 2:53 AM

Lily is a mess. Kristal or whatever her name is a LOON!

by Anonymousreply 353January 30, 2022 4:18 AM

R352, didn't they try a somewhat cringe-y storyline with Duhvon crushing on Lily?

by Anonymousreply 354January 30, 2022 4:23 AM

R354 That was Jackass Smith. At that point, Duhvon was still the foster teen living with The Winters, and he developed a crush on Lily.

btw - When they introduced Devon in 2004, there were a few hints that the original plan was for him to turn out to be Malcolm's kid from a relationship (presumably with Yolanda) before Malcolm reconnected with Neil in 1993. .. As I recall, there was something about Shemar's schedule not allowing him to stay long enough to do the story right, so they didn't. .. If they'd gone that direction in the first place, then Devon wouldn't have been part of the retconned retcon (with Tucker) that turned him into Kay's grandson.

by Anonymousreply 355January 30, 2022 5:11 AM

Thanks, R352/R355. I had only just started watching back then, and very sporadically at that, so I missed some of the details!

by Anonymousreply 356January 30, 2022 5:35 AM

Bill Bell's doing a combination of laughing from that great soap in the sky at the ineptitude of the people running his show and rolling over in his grave at the idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 357January 30, 2022 6:58 PM

As good as he was, Bill Bell had his clunkers. And he also wrote some eye-rolling material.

Social media today would more than likely have skewered Bell after he penned TWO back-to-back rape stories (1973, 1976) where the serial rapist got off scot-free. .. The Ron Becker story was said to be Bell's "do-over" for the stinky one with George Curtis. But then, Bell goes and makes the second story even worse, by actually trying to have the audience sympathize with Ron, because of some kind of Freudian bull-crap that his mother, Marion, was a cold, unfeeling woman who didn't show Ron any affection when he was growing up -- like that's a free pass to rape. .. In the end, Ron, his koo-koo wife, Nancy, their young daughter, and Mother Marion all sing kumbaya and move away together in a happily-ever-after ending.

by Anonymousreply 358January 30, 2022 7:50 PM

Dumb Dylan trashed Bill Bell over at SON. Vee, who’s in the biz, put him in his place.

by Anonymousreply 359January 30, 2022 8:13 PM

*clunk*

by Anonymousreply 360January 30, 2022 10:48 PM

Dumb Dylan is stupider than rocks! Vee, who’s in the biz, calls him out for being an idiot with literally everything he says!

by Anonymousreply 361January 30, 2022 11:51 PM

R358, of course, Bell wasn't perfect; I don't think the mags ever picked up on it in great detail -- certainly not in an overly critical way -- but the similarities between Y&R and B&B were ridiculous; Snapper/Storm...Kay/Jill and Stephanie/Brooke; rape storylines (Ron Deacon on B&B was convicted for raping Caroline); Robert Clary as singing Pierre....

The thing about Bill is he'd get out of stories that weren't working and he had epic romances over the years. Victor and Nikki's 1989 divorce was more romantic than some of the crap Y&R is doing now.

Doug Marland had the Carolyn Crawford murder clunker story; and it got a bit ridiculous with all the private jets and international businesses that wanted the management consulting services of Oakdalians. But my God, I'd take Bell and Marland (and Pam Long and Harding Lemay) any day of the week over these jokers we've got now.

by Anonymousreply 362January 31, 2022 6:37 AM

[quote]But my God, I'd take Bell and Marland (and Pam Long and Harding Lemay) any day of the week over these jokers we've got now.

And the only one of those four you mentioned who is still alive is Pam Long. And she apparently isn't interested in HWing a soap anymore.

by Anonymousreply 363January 31, 2022 6:55 AM

R362 Agreed. And that was Marland's biggest downside. He didn't seem to know when to pull a bad story. In writer's parlance, he didn't know when to "kill your darlings."

I think he was open to changes before a story started (as seen from those pages of his ATWT bible) but once he was in the middle of it, wanted it to play out.

by Anonymousreply 364January 31, 2022 1:19 PM

[quote] the similarities between Y&R and B&B were ridiculous; Snapper/Storm...Kay/Jill and Stephanie/Brooke; rape storylines (Ron Deacon on B&B was convicted for raping Caroline); Robert Clary as singing Pierre....

To be fair, other writers did this, too. Carlivati has his mentally-ill-woman thing.

Marland repeated a few stories, most notably the mom-protects-daughter one (was this Lesley/Laura and Kim/Frannie?) Someone had a good list on here a while back and I can't remember all the details.

by Anonymousreply 365January 31, 2022 1:21 PM

Many of the best writers end up repeating storylines over thier careers.

Marland did the mother protecting her daughter from murder charges story on GH with Leslie Weber protecting Laura, on GL with Jennifer Richard protecting Amanda and on ATWT with Kim protecting Frannie.

Bill Bell told an epic story on Days of an amnesiac Mickey Horton being in a car wreck and presumed dead, but the injured Mickey actually wandered onto a small farm where a crippled young girl, Maggie Simmons, took care of him and fell in love with him.

Bell repeated that story 20 years later on Y&R with a despondent Victor Newman being in a car wreck and presumed dead, but the injured Victor actually wandered onto a small farm where a blind young girl, Hope Wilson, took care of him and fell in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 366January 31, 2022 3:54 PM

R364, I bought Marland's 1991 bible/story projection off eBay. He intended to have Darryl be the killer but apparently, Smith went on a red carpet and gave it all away. So, he changed the ending to that lawyer guy or whoever.

by Anonymousreply 367January 31, 2022 11:09 PM

R365, oh, I don't mean it as an attack or even a criticims.

I was a HUGE fan of that mother/daughter on trial story Doug did three times GH's Lesley/Laura, GL's Jennifer (born Jane-Marie) and Morgan; and ATWT's Kim and Frannie (perfection)

I'll take a story done to death if it's great; if it's a writer repeating old stuff from show to show and it sucks well, that's what I hate.

by Anonymousreply 368January 31, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote] Spoiler: The new year will reveal that Ashland Locke has new secrets he never revealed before the wedding.

Let's hope that one of Hot Daddy Ashland's secrets has something to do with the young stud he was keeping in his Manhattan penthouse now arriving in Genoa City to pick up where things left off.

[quote] Spoiler: Noah will realize that forgetting the past isn't as easy as he planned.

And let's have Ashland's kept lover be the same guy that Eden Baldwin caught Noah in bed with over in Paris. (Obviously, the guy is versatile.)

[quote] Spoiler: Lauren is skeptical about Michael's new project.

Okay, we'll make this an umbrella story, and have Michael take up painting and hire this new guy from NYC to be his nude model, with him soon becoming LaBaldwin's muse.

by Anonymousreply 369January 31, 2022 11:20 PM

New thread for Y&R (since this one was paywalled)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370February 4, 2022 2:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!