Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Famke Janssen

She was drop dead gorgeous and had stage presence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 9:15 PM

She was a terrible actress who most felt was miscast as Jean Grey.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2022 12:34 AM

too much plastic surgery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2022 12:41 AM

Stage presence? What play did you see her in, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2022 12:47 AM

Stick up her butt, dutch bitch

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2022 12:55 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2022 1:03 AM

Maybe she’s a cunt? I dunno. She wasn’t a great actress. It was mostly her character that worked so well in Nip/Tuck. Slim pickings for actresses over 40 plus a lack of natural talent. Usually Ryan Murphy reuses the same stars and aside from a pilot, Famke never popped up again in any of his other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2022 1:24 AM

She was great in all those genre movies in the late 90s and early 00s, but I didn't really expect staying power given how Hollywood treats actresses of her age and perceived talent level. She always did come across quite intelligently in interviews, I know she speaks a lot of languages too. I'm pretty sure the only actress from that era of genre films still getting regular work is Milla Jovovich, who coincidentally played the lead in Janssen's (critically panned) directorial debut.

Famke did a good job balancing the action/sci fi/horror roles with more adult indie films like Made, Love & Sex, The Wackness, Woody Allen's Celebrity, etc. My favourite performance from her is in Eulogy (2004), where she plays a lesbian in a relationship with Kelly Preston's character, who make Preston's family (Piper Laurie, Debra Winger, Rip Torn, Zooey Deschanel, Hank Azaria, Ray Romano, and the late Glenn Headly) uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2022 1:50 AM

I’ve never heard of that movie before but it has a terrific cast. Is it worth a rental?

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2022 1:58 AM

I actually really liked her as Jean Grey. It's a shame those movies were crap.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2022 2:01 AM

Wrecked her face with horrible plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2022 2:09 AM

R8 I would give it ago. It hits a lot of those 'eccentric family going back to their childhood home for a reunion/funeral' tropes but the cast are really funny in it (great chemistry) and it has some genuine dramatic moments too.

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2022 3:37 AM

She's pushing 60, so it's not really surprising that the roles have started drying up. Considering she's a former Bond Girl and top model who's foreign, 6 feet tall, has an odd name, and had her breakout role after 30, I'd say she had a pretty good run: Bond, X-men movies, Taken trilogy, lots of other studio films, worked with Altman/Woody Allen, and headlined a couple tv shows.

She does have Knights of the Zodiac coming out in 2023, which is a mid-budget film that should make it to theaters. If she's really lucky, that could turn into another franchise (but definitely a long shot).

by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2022 10:39 PM

She was in Hemlock Grove a few years ago on Netflix. She played Bill Skarsgard's bitch of a mother.

by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2022 10:43 PM

Isn’t she a tranny with a shallow vagina? I remember some virgin actor fucked her and thought it was a real vagina. But then another more experienced actor fucked her and knew right away.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2022 10:49 PM

Why was she cast in X-Men with a Cyclops that’s 10 years younger than her? It was such an odd pairing.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2022 10:49 PM

R13, I loved when Roman and Peter finally hooked up during a threesome and then were weird about it the next morning. Great catharsis.

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2022 10:55 PM

Famke Is no tranny

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 6:14 PM

There was some bizarre incident with her involving a doll a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 6:30 PM

R2 Yikes

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 6:32 PM

R18, did she go on vacation, steal said doll from a young family, and get stabbed with a hat pin? I think I read about that.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 6:35 PM

I haven’t seen everything she’s done, but the only performance of hers I remember enjoying was from the Star Trek: TNG episode “The Perfect Mate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 6:35 PM

Wasn't she on "How To Get Away With Murder" in its not so distant final season?

I haven't seen "Eulogy" yet, R8, but I see it's available On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 6:41 PM

Well I’m stunned always thought this actor was trans. Obviously I’m not interested enough to look it up.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2022 8:42 PM

She played a trans on Nip/Tuck.

Speaking of which, I find it ironic that after being on Nip/Tuck, she should have such horrible plastic surgery!

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2022 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!