Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Middleton Celebrates Her 40th Birthday

She tried way too hard with these photos. They used a fan to blow her hair. And her hair is a mess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2022 1:00 PM

Lovely woman but eat a cheeseburger. Eat Prince Charles, even. Or, just an ear.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2022 12:10 AM

Omg, she's ancient! Might as well be a 100.

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2022 12:12 AM

You literally keep making repeat threads. On purpose.

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2022 12:14 AM

R1, she should eat Andrew.

I didn’t even recognize her face in this picture.

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2022 12:15 AM

The Royal Air Force could land a plane on that forehead.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2022 12:16 AM

Well, I certainly know why those gowns were chosen.

At 40, for any woman, even one in as superb a physical state as Middleton is, you've seen more yesterdays of bare arms and shoulders than you will tomorrows.

I've yet to ever see a one shoulder gown that I've liked, but, that red one comes damn close. I think there is slightly too much texture; excessive drama, to the sleeve of the red gown, but the belt line, pockets, drape and color are perfect.

I wish we saw a full body pic of her in the red gown.

I dislike both white gowns.

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2022 12:35 AM

R6 at what age does the bosom droop?

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2022 12:39 AM

She looks like Barbara Bush the younger

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2022 12:40 AM

Celine Dion certainly looks refreshed these days.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2022 12:42 AM

They should have used a pic of her at the Bond Premiere where she looked sensational

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2022 12:42 AM

Too much editing/photoshop in post and an odd green tinge.

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2022 12:45 AM

r7, I'm a know-it-all, but, I don't know.

I've never had a baby and from what I hear from women who have, that makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote]and an odd green tinge.

That's the first thing I noticed when I met her.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2022 12:50 AM

Elphaba

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2022 12:55 AM

Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2022 1:10 AM

I remember seeing the topless photos that were snapped on their vacation that caused such an uproar. She hadn't had kids yet and they were rather small but remarkably saggy. Maybe due to her refusal to have any body fat. Anyway, I think that she looked pretty bad was more the reason for them getting those photos under wraps than having their pwecious pwivacy invaded.

She looks fine in the red dress. Not a fan of the white one.

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2022 1:14 AM

LoL!!!! She looks photoshopped to an inch of her life

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2022 1:18 AM

That hair is terrible. She's trying way too hard

Her life must be misery with the constant "try to be perfect" campaign

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2022 2:26 AM

This is a good post about the portraits. A series of comparisons with royal portraits past and a bit of analysis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2022 3:09 AM

"'Wow'? Whaddaya mean, 'WOW'?!"

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2022 3:11 AM

I think she looks fabulous. She has better taste in red dresses than you know who.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2022 3:12 AM

Oh FFS. I know everyone on DL hates Meghan, but Kate just seems like the stiffest, most boring human being ever, and these pics are evident of that. If Diana were alive she'd probably get along with Meghan far better than boring don't-rock-the-boat Kate. I'll bet Kate doesn't even pick her nose in private.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2022 3:18 AM

Diana would’ve clocked Megan at 10,000 paces. She wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2022 3:20 AM

Yawn, another uber skinny rich-bitch trying to look like she actually weighs more than she does. She’s massively underweight. Sad, really.

She actually looks unrecognizable.

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2022 3:46 AM

Forgot to say she’s looking every bit of those 40 years.

She’s not very pretty, either. No wonder she hardly ever smiles full-out. It doesn’t suit her.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2022 3:47 AM

I find both Kate and Meghan to be very unpleasant.

Both lazy courtesans at their core. Couldn’t make their own way in the world, so latched on to a man.

One did so by being trashy and chaotic, the other by being a frigid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2022 3:57 AM

She looks stunning, unlike that two-bit trailer park trollop Meghan.

Can't wait for Harry to grow a pair, and toss that whore he married back into basic cable "stardom."

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2022 4:11 AM

White trash 🗑

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2022 4:22 AM

She looks stunning and regal

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2022 4:12 PM

Too thin! When she smiles she’s all nose and chin.

The profile shot in the white gown is better even though she looks like a tubercular Victorian spinster as photographed by Julia Margaret Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2022 4:37 PM

Are all Megaloons lardasses? Their insult du jour is that Kate is skinny. They also complain she looks her age. Women in her circles don't go hog wild cosmetic procedures, like the nightmare fuel that is many women her age.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2022 4:39 PM

In Britain she'd be considered a drop dead gorgeous beauty, I guess. Considering how unattractive, unappealing, ugly and unsexy the average British woman is....

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] She actually looks unrecognizable.

I actually like Kate and think she has had some stunning iconic looks. That photo in the mask at Prince Phillip's funeral was just regal and she looking amazing at the Bond premier. I'm not being a hater but why does she look unrecognizable in these photos. It doesn't look like her and no, it's not because of her weight. Even though I know she hasn't, her face almost has that transformation that can only come with a nose job. It's odd, but it doesn't look like her. Maybe they softened she sharper features (which are what I think make her beautiful)?

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2022 5:20 PM

Well, the odd thing is, to me her nose looks more prominent than usual, which is the opposite of what you would expect from surgery or photoshop. It may just be the angle, or weight loss, or age, or even some side effect of smaller tweaks.

Her mouth also looks strange to me, thinner lips than usual, which again is the opposite of what you’d expect from a touch up.

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2022 5:23 PM

I found the other thread that has more comments. I think it's the filters, the sepia tone of it all. Say what you will, Kate models and wears clothes well. Her body was built for it. This photographer is all off. Since it was mentioned that they were doing an homage to Diana, why didn't they use Patrick D (I can't spell his last name). Was he cancelled or is he still with us? Something happened to him, I think,

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2022 5:27 PM

[quote]at what age does the bosom droop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2022 5:31 PM

I think Patrick D was canceled, plus is getting on in years. I also think there’s a dislike within the family of doing Diana homages directly—they like evoking that image for public approval, but there’s still touchiness from at least Charles about valorizing her too much.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2022 5:31 PM

R36 Patrick Demarchelier was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2022 5:32 PM

That does t even look like her. Major retouching.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2022 5:33 PM

Everyone said The Queen was busty but I never realized it until her speech @ R36. With all due respect , HM's tits are HUGE. They are literally resting on the desk. I was blown away watching this on Xmas day.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2022 5:34 PM

How can the future queen of the UK "try way too hard"?

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2022 5:37 PM

The Megaloons' big insult is that Kate is too skinny. Is this because they are all middle-aged, obese black women with diabetes?

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2022 5:38 PM

It’s a bit try-hard for someone still a few stops from the throne, who will be the consort rather than the ruler, to release portraits patterned after those made of a ruling Queen. A little more subtlety wouldn’t hurt.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2022 5:40 PM

Useless human. Life support system for a uterus.

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2022 6:00 PM

Yeah, because you're contributing so much to society, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2022 6:12 PM

R45 = Waity Katie’s PR team.

She should fire you.

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2022 6:32 PM

^ Sussex Squad stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2022 6:35 PM

These pictures are bleached out.

This woman has too much hair and will resemble Agnes Moorhead as soon as she become sensible and wears the mane up!

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 6:45 PM

Why aren't the Megaloons upset about Meghan straightening her hair? Is she ashamed of her black heritage?

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2022 6:55 PM

^ white-adjacent troll

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2022 6:57 PM

^ Sussex Squad stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2022 7:03 PM

She's not wearing very much makeup as per the photographer.

I barely recognized her at first glancing at the red dress photo.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2022 8:11 PM

R19 I love the instagram photo comparisons. Thank you! When O first saw these portraits.I didn't like them and thought DoC didn't look quite herself. Now they are growing on me. I think they are actually quite strong and buck current famewhore glam trends. They are regal and ethereal. Timeless.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2022 8:24 PM

She needs Beyonce Kim K and Jlo's glam squads quick.

She needs to look more Hollywood and less regal.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2022 9:29 PM

I wonder what Meghan and Harry sent Kate. They had to do something. Maybe it’ll get leaked.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2022 9:35 PM

The Harkles didn't send anything. Their regular shopping stop KMart closed its doors.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2022 9:37 PM

Such wit on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2022 10:52 PM

I knew someone would have to contaminate this thread with anti-MM hatred.

by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2022 2:36 AM

I don’t like the photos but I like her. She seems truly lovely inside and out. She looks better in candid shots.

Royalty is completely stupid but she and William comport themselves very well. What an incredibly weird life they lead.

by Anonymousreply 59January 10, 2022 2:49 AM

I don’t like photos at all she looks different and it’s off putting trying to figure it out. Her nose, mouth and eyes look really different and she looks older than 40 in the photos.

The photographer sucks and should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2022 3:02 AM

Is she underweight? She looks underweight. I wish I knew her secrets. I'd love to be her weight.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2022 3:06 AM

The photographer who sucks and should be fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2022 3:07 AM

[quote]I wonder what Meghan and Harry sent Kate. They had to do something. Maybe it’ll get leaked.

A signed public confession would be the nicest gift they could give, but that's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2022 3:11 AM

I agree the profile photo was deliberately referencing previous royal portraits and trying to be timeless but she does look a bit hard. The other two simply don’t look like her. She’s worn her hair off her face before, so that’s not it. I don’t think it’s all due to a change in her makeup either. The red gown photo, she normally parts her hair on (her) right and here it’s brushed back but the part is on (her) left. Her eyebrows aren’t tapered. The face is washed out. It’s eerie, you know it’s her but why doesn’t it look like her.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2022 3:37 AM

Because she's forty, dears, FOUR-OH.

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2022 3:48 AM

The photos are just bad. Bad lighting, bad composition, everything.

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2022 4:04 AM

Kate looks so much like her father! Especially their noses in profile. I was first struck by this watching the D&DoC's wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2022 4:19 AM

When Kate's first official royal portrait came out I thought it was dark and blurry, and made her look older than her years. Now I love it. Some other great BRF portraits here too. The devil's in the details for some, others are meant to be amusing but they are all unique that's for sure!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2022 6:16 AM

The portraits are bad. I can’t quite fathom how Kate signed off on them.

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2022 10:53 AM

She used to have such a warm smile and look. I don’t see why they feel the need to project this remote queenly image for her, even requesting that people call her Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2022 11:29 AM

She looks great. All the loons who say she looks bad need an appointment with their couch doc pronto.

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2022 11:38 AM

R70, ummm, perhaps because she will be Queen one day?

by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2022 11:39 AM

But that’s the thing - the Queen is the Queen, she doesn’t need to “act the part.” It’s not an earned title. And Kate was always composed in public, maybe with more of a sly and fun side, especially when she’s playing sports, but a lot of her charm wasn’t in looking and acting perfect but in being not as frosty as the born-ins (albeit not as loose as Camilla). She was “jolly.” Imposing this unnecessary story that she’s actually the height of elegance and refinement who never says a word out of place steals some of her charm.

by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2022 12:08 PM

Kate reminded me of someone in the red dress and it just occurred to me - she looks quite a bit like Gal Gadot in some these photos which is not a bad person to be compared to.

by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2022 2:48 PM

She is pitifully thin, almost anorexic looking. That's sad

These aren't right for official photos. The photographer used a fan to blow her hair, and seems to have filtered it way too much and they come off making her face look a little bit distorted. Something is off with the dimensions of her face.

These would be fine , if they were photos for a magazine shoot. But they're official portraits.

The fan blowing her hair is obnoxious. No other royal has ever done that. That's for magazine and advertising photos. It's Kardashian-ish. It's cheesy. And her hair looks terrible

I could actually see Meghan Markle doing this kind of photo shoot. And you all would have criticized the photos for weeks

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2022 7:44 PM

They should have gotten the person who did this video to do her photos. It must have taken at least a week. It's magnificent. Honestly it's better than any advertising/commercial.

It also shows they are trying so DAMNED hard. Their lives must be misery. No one wants to do all this shit 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2022 7:51 PM

Ok R76 aka Meghan

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2022 8:19 PM

These people are actors and that's just true. Behind closed doors, I bet their completely different people then they are publicly.

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2022 9:50 PM

Her calves are larger than her thighs.

by Anonymousreply 79January 11, 2022 12:48 AM

It's ironic that since Harry and Meghan left, Kate and William have stepped up their game 100%. The Queen and Charles have stepped back.

This can't keep this up forever. How would want to? I wouldn't want all of that for my kids either.

by Anonymousreply 80January 11, 2022 1:26 AM

Does she want to be Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and eventually Queen Catherine?

Or does she want to be a model for the 1970s perfume Charlie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2022 3:06 AM

R76 spelled Meghan wrong. The Cambridge family are effortless. Beautiful, popular and beloved. Unlike Hoorah Harry and the trash he picked up from the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2022 8:09 AM

Why are they still calling her "Kate Middleton" if "Middleton" is just her maiden name and technically not part of her name any more since ahe got married?

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2022 2:32 AM

Fergie, Camilla Parker-Bowles. Even Lady Di lingered on for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2022 12:09 PM

My partner still calls her Lady Di. That, or Diane. I never correct him.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2022 1:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!