Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Margaret - 11 Outrageous Facts

1. She signed her checks as Margaret. No title. No last name. Just Margaret.

4. When Armstrong-Jones wanted a divorce from his by then estranged wife, it was up to Margaret’s private secretary, Lord Nigel Napier, to deliver the news over the phone. To which the Princess replied: “Thank you, Nigel. I think that’s the best news you’ve ever given me.”

7. Her wit was legendary – and often quite cruel. This is what allegedly happened when Princess Margaret met Twiggy at a dinner party. “Who are you?” she asked. The supermodel responded: “I’m Lesley Hornby, ma’am, but people call me Twiggy.” “How unfortunate,” Princess Margaret retorted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2022 1:19 PM

She was a ghastly creature and it's no wonder no one showed up for her funeral procession. The Queen was surprised apparently, again an example of QEII not getting it that some of her relatives are degenerates that are inherently unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2022 11:46 PM

Disgusting, bigoted woman with the morals of an alley cat.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2022 11:48 PM

What a "witty" retort to Twiggy. Not.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2022 11:48 PM

Her comments, as to Twiggy above, weren’t so much wit as humorless snobbery. There are many stories of Margaret using her title and station (which she did nothing to earn) to try and humble her own friends, which is how she ended up with so few of them.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2022 11:49 PM

She was the original Fat Whore.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2022 11:50 PM

That being said, I would love to hear Margaret’s commentary about both of the newest royal wives, because it would be scathing.

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2022 11:51 PM

I love her!

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2022 11:51 PM

She was no great wit. QEII is lucky that Marge self deported sooner as opposed to later as she would not have survived the woke era.

She would have been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2022 11:51 PM

Ha-ha people on DL complaining that someone was a bitch and snob.

Physician, heal thyself!

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2022 11:51 PM

Are there any stories of anyone just telling her to fuck off? Or were her courtiers clever enough to ensure only the usual bootlickers got close to her?

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2022 11:52 PM

R1 you sound like a bitter lazy drunk with a tiny penis - i.e. an Irishman.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2022 11:53 PM

[quote] Are there any stories of anyone just telling her to fuck off?

Her husband used to leave awful notes for her: “He took to leaving nasty notes on her desk, including one headed 'Twenty Four Reasons Why I Hate You,' which particularly upset her. 'I can't think of twenty-four reasons to hate ANYBODY,' she said to a friend. On another occasion he left a note in her glovebox saying 'You look like a Jewish manicurist,' and on another, a note tucked into her bedside book, saying simply, 'I hate you.'”

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2022 11:54 PM

R12 wow, what a happy marriage that must've been.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2022 11:56 PM

Now that's wit!

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2022 11:56 PM

Two horribly cruel drunks - like two alley cats trapped in a box together.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2022 11:57 PM

[quote]1. She signed her checks as Margaret. No title. No last name. Just Margaret.

That's very common among the royal family and has been for generations. William, Andrew, Anne, and Harry used to do this too. I think William and Andrew now sign as "Cambridge" and "York"; I'm not sure how Anne signs her checks (I would assume still as "Anne" rather than as "The Princess Royal") or what Harry does.

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2022 11:58 PM

The Queen was surprised apparently, again an example of QEII not getting it that some of her relatives are degenerates that are inherently unlikable.

Link please.

Margaret wanted a very small private funeral with only family and close friends. Other than her family (who of course all showed up), I'm sure the only people she deeply cared about attending were Anne and Colin Glenconner (her best friends) and Roddy Llewellyn (her former great love)--I think all three of them showed up (I know Roddy did).

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2022 12:03 AM

She really does look like a Jewish manicurist....I wouldn't have known what that looked like until now, and now I can't unsee it.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2022 12:04 AM

Signing a Cheque (checks) just using your christian name wouldn't have been a problem for anyone in the UK. As long as that was your usual signature that the bank held they'd process it.

All past tense of course as we haven't been able to use cheques in a shop (store) for15 years and you'd attract high additional processing fees if you tried to use one elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2022 12:16 AM

R12 I reckon ages ago when I first read about his insults, that it was "FAT Jewish manicurist". I've come across it put as "PLUMP Jewish manicurist" as well. Equally appalling, and distasteful, yet all the more stinging with that addition. It was said he told others she was and looked [italic] common [/italic].

Margaret is the only Royal I enjoy reading about. She truly sounds like quite a pathetic monster.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2022 1:33 AM

She lived life on her own terms.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2022 1:35 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2022 1:38 AM

R22, is there really any need to bump a thread that has been idle for three minutes?

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2022 1:41 AM

Anybody with an HRH or HM signs with just their given name. In the case of the Monarch they include “R” (for Rex or Regina depending on their sex).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2022 1:48 AM

R17 You are correct, the funeral of Princess Margaret was very low key. The details of the arrangements are still available online.

Her coffin was in St George's Chapel overnight before the funeral, there was no public funeral procession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2022 1:53 AM

What was the brilliant book about Margaret that was enthusiastically discussed here some time ago?

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2022 1:59 AM

I'd assume it was Ma’am Darling (renamed 'Ninety-Nine Glimpses of Princess Margaret' for the US market) by Craig Brown, and if not then it should've been

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2022 2:02 AM

I don’t think she was as beautiful as everyone claims. Certainly played by more beautiful actresses in The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2022 2:11 AM

As critics have noted, Margaret's nose was a few millimeters too long to keep her from being a great beauty when she was young

As she got older, the cumulative effects of cigarettes, alcohol, and aging, along with the pigeon-breasted genetics of her ancestors, conspired to push her further and further from the ideal of beauty

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2022 2:17 AM

She was seen as glamorous rather than beautiful when Britain was emerging from years of deprivation due to WWII.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2022 2:23 AM

“ Receiving a prize from the young Princess Margaret in 1958, the 52-year-old John Betjeman was so overwhelmed by her curvaceous presence that tears came into his eyes, a reaction duly noted by his waspish friend, Maurice Bowra, the chairman of the judges, who lampooned it in a parodic verse:

“Green with lust and sick with shyness

Let me lick your lacquered toes.

Gosh, O gosh, your Royal Highness

Put your finger up my nose ...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2022 2:29 AM

She was anti semitic and racist, just like her cunt of a mother.

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2022 3:23 AM

I would rather have Margaret as a sibling rather than the simpleton Harry.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2022 3:26 AM

You really wouldn't r33 She was a vile person according to all who knew her that dared speak their thoughts out loud. I'll take dim over dim and cruel.

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2022 3:50 AM

This flummery was produced by some nobody called Elise Taylor.

Elise Taylor is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2022 3:54 AM

Guess who's cunting to dinner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2022 3:56 AM

R2 Tell us about your morals, Miss Disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2022 3:56 AM

R33, I would rather have Margaret as a sister in law than that common whore Meg.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2022 4:30 AM

I'm sure you would, r38. I'm quite sure you would.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2022 4:56 AM

Princess of the United Kingdom? More like the Princess of Brazen Hussies!

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2022 5:13 AM

A racist, classist, alcoholic, oversexed cunt-this dwarf is the Patron Saint of Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2022 5:19 AM

Elizabeth was always prettier than Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2022 5:36 AM

She got to sleep with Mick Jagger at the height of his beauty and fame.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2022 5:42 AM

Like her mother the Queen Mum, Margaret surrounded herself with bitchy queens, and took delight in being as biting and venomous as them.

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2022 5:55 AM

Once, Dusty made a joke about “royalty” (i.e., her gay fans, the “queens”) in the audience during a performance for Princess Margaret. She commented “It’s nice to see the royalty isn’t confined to the box” referring to the box section reserved for the princess or other royals. Her Royal Highness was not amused. Several days later Dusty received a note from the palace instructing her to sign the enclosed statement apologizing for her insult to the royal family. Dusty dutifully signed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2022 6:31 AM

She went to perform the official opening of a special needs school. She was bored and irritable on arrival, probably hung over, and said to the official welcoming her, “I don’t want to meet any daft children”.

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2022 6:37 AM

As mentioned above, this book is quite the read, full of some of Margaret's finest moments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2022 6:52 AM

"1. She signed her checks as Margaret. No title. No last name. Just Margaret. "

I don't see a problem...

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 6:54 AM

"Elizabeth was always prettier than Margaret. "

If it weren't for their DNA they'd both be considered dumpy British hausfraus

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote]Are there any stories of anyone just telling her to fuck off? Or were her courtiers clever enough to ensure only the usual bootlickers got close to her?

Wasn't there a story about Kenneth Williams or somebody slapping her?

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2022 7:25 AM

She was a homely cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2022 8:00 AM

R50, I would have paid to see that. I doubt it happened because KW wanted so badly to be accepted.His diaries are painful reading. He loathed himself.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2022 8:01 AM

Drinking and smoking is great fun when one is young.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2022 8:39 AM

She was goals.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2022 8:49 AM

R50 that was the famous drag queen Danny La Rue when he was a huge west end star.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2022 8:55 AM

^Ahh thanks for that, I knew I'd read it about someone!

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2022 9:22 AM

Danny La Rue was a horrible old bitch. Pretended for years that he had been engaged to a woman who conveniently died. I don’t know who he thought he was fooling. Old ladies loved him.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2022 10:16 AM

^^ It was over 60 years ago, homosexuality was against the law. Most people could read read between the lines FFS even back then. Danny was actually in a decades long relationship with his partner…

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2022 11:09 AM

"I've had enough of your shit, you miserable old cunt!" [bitchSLAP!!]

I don't know who I would enjoy delivering one to the most -- Princess Margaret or Judge Judy.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2022 11:18 AM

Just as well that Margaret died when she did. The cultural, ethnic, political dynamics of Britain today would mean that no-one would tolerate her cunty shit for a minute. Anyone can be scathing and bitchy if they know there's almost never going to a retort.

I generally don't like repeating those stories that the media reuse for each royal but the ones about Margaret's snobbery are actually rather pathetic - her pride in the definite article in her name (The Princess Margaret, because she was a monarch's daughter), her snobbery towards her grandmother for having been born a mere Serene Highness and not a Royal Highness, and her pride in being the only person in the world at one time who was the daughter of a king and sister of a queen.

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2022 11:41 AM

She'd be the bitch I'd want to sit by at a dinner party. You know she'd be a cunting scream.

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2022 12:01 PM

The apologists for Margaret, those defending her horrific behavior towards those she felt beneath her…you’re no better than her. But you are too obtuse to see it.

by Anonymousreply 62January 9, 2022 12:08 PM

[quote]you’re no better than her

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2022 12:10 PM

She was a bitch and it seems not many people mind saying it.

She was jealous that her sister became Queen because she was more confident and cutthroat, hence thought she'd have done a much better job at it.

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2022 12:16 PM

@r62, Well said

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2022 12:16 PM

I find her relationship with Dazzle Jennings to be interesting. Was she friends with a Catholic priest because she was afraid of the afterlife? Or was her flirting with Catholic conversion just her rebellious nature against all her sister stood for? She doesn’t seem to be the type to want to adhere to the tenets of religion, especially one with so much recitation of confessions and prayers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2022 12:57 PM

English people like her often convert, R66. Oscar Wilde, Evelyn Waugh, etc.

It's almost an English thing.

by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2022 1:05 PM

R64, I've never really understood Margaret's apparent conviction that she would have been a better queen than Elizabeth. Did it ever occur to Margaret that Elizabeth's stolidity was a result of the fact that she knew, from the age of 10, that she was likely to succeed her father (when Margaret herself was just six).

True, contemporary accounts from before Edward VIII's abdication had already described Elizabeth as a very sobre child but the psychological development of both girls after the abdication must have been influenced by consciousness of their respective roles.

Perhaps it was just a cope on Margaret's part.

by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2022 1:46 PM

Re: those asking if anyone ever stood up to her. There was a famous or notorious occasion at a huge grand London ball. As the evening went on, Margaret was taken by the idea of leading the big band with the gift of her voice. And so she did, sharing a popular show tune with the A-List audience. Who would dare gainsay The Queen's sister?

Answer, Francis Bacon, with very loud unignorable booing from the back of the ballroom. She was booed off the stage, in tears. Asked why on earth he'd behaved in such a way, Bacon simply said, 'Well she wasn't any good, was she?' Marvellous!

by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote]Several days later Dusty received a note from the palace instructing her to sign the enclosed statement apologizing for her insult to the royal family. Dusty dutifully signed it.

What a missed opportunity. She should have written, "If I had known you were there, I would have kicked you in the cunt bone."

by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2022 3:27 PM

You're all full of poppycock, the lot of you. I shall have all of you executed.

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2022 4:05 PM

(thunderous applause)

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2022 4:05 PM

The ole ratbag died a horrible death. She was scolded in her bath tub. I'm sure her chambermaid had had enough and just opened up the hot tap. Humming to herself as she heard the bitch's agonizing screams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2022 5:27 PM

Thank you, r69. I was just about to relate the same story, but you did it much better than I could have. She was notorious for her love of show tunes and would insist on commandeering the piano at the end of the evening at private parties. She would go on and on. The problem was that by protocol guests couldn't leave until the royal did, so they had to suffer through her braying.

Wasn't there also a story of a private party at NYC where she tried to get an entertainer to sing for her -- maybe Streisand? -- and the message was relayed back to Margaret that she didn't work/perform on her time off.

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote]She was scolded in her bath tub.

By me!

by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2022 5:32 PM

R73 Death by tongue lashing?

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2022 5:34 PM

The other day I saw someone say on here that everyone looked better in black and white photos, which I'd usually agree with, but I noticed that Margaret looked worse in black and white. It made her look dumpier and plainer than she was.

by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2022 5:38 PM

^R76 Tell Lilibet it was me.

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2022 5:39 PM

Better days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2022 5:41 PM

R58, he was the most famous drag queen in the UK, always on TV or appearing in the West End. He spent half his life in a dress. Nobody thought he was straight.

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2022 5:50 PM

She was just like her forebear Victoria - short, fat, bovine tits, hungry for cock and completely insane.

by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2022 5:51 PM

Margaret wasn’t fat, was she? I thought that she was taller and thinner than her sister.

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2022 5:54 PM

No, Margaret was quite squat, more so in her later years. She may have been taller than Big Liz, but Big Liz is pretty small herself.

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2022 5:55 PM

[quote] True, contemporary accounts from before Edward VIII's abdication had already described Elizabeth as a very sobre child

I hope you meant "somber."

by Anonymousreply 84January 9, 2022 5:59 PM

Poor Margaret. Her mother’s peasant Scot genes kicked in. The older she got, the more she looked like a sheep farmer’s wife playing dress up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 9, 2022 5:59 PM

And her smoking and boozing just sped things along.

by Anonymousreply 86January 9, 2022 6:01 PM

R81, that seems like the Hanover default model.

by Anonymousreply 87January 9, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]She was notorious for her love of show tunes

Except those from a certain composer...

[quote]In 1990, Richard Eyre, the artistic director of the National Theatre, was obliged to stand in the foyer to await her arrival for a preview of Stephen Sondheim’s Sunday in the Park with George. “As she comes in she announces to me quite loudly that she can’t STAND Sondheim. She demonstrates this quite conspicuously throughout the evening.”

...or his mentor

[quote]Two years later, she attended a preview of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel. After meeting the cast, she was escorted to the door by Eyre, who made a note of their brief conversation:

[quote]ME: I’m glad you enjoyed the show.

[quote]SHE: I didn’t. I can’t bear the piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2022 7:30 PM

Someone posted an amusing real-life story about Margaret on DL years ago. It went something like this: Margaret was the guest of honor at the luncheon held at the home of some respected British diplomat. The diplomat's young daughter was given the honor of saying grace before the meal. Before the event the girl's mom practiced the prayer with her. But when the princess arrived and the time to say grace came the little girl froze and forgot her lines. Her mom tried to encourage her: "You can make it darling, just repeat the words mommy said a little while ago" to which the little girl responded: "Oh dear, must we really have that horrible woman over for lunch today?"

by Anonymousreply 89January 9, 2022 7:31 PM

No, R84, I meant "sober", obviously in the broader sense rather than the alcohol-related one. I always forget that it ends in "-er" and that it isn't one of those words which we spell with "-re" in the British Isles, e.g. centre. "Sombre"/"somber" could work too, though.

by Anonymousreply 90January 9, 2022 7:36 PM

I'm linking to my favorite picture of Princess Margaret. It's surreal to me and hasn't any real context of which I am aware. My guess as to her drug of choice in the picture are Quaaludes washed down with her favorite whiskey.

Princess Margaret's eternal cuntitude is majestic. She never feigned attempt at giving a thought to care and so she didn't. Children she could lead to tears. Men she could lead to adultery and divorce. I adore her in a way. She was downright made into a hagiographic Pagan cipher in "The Crown" thus far and that has somehow brought things full circle her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 9, 2022 7:50 PM

[quote]Her husband used to leave awful notes for her

My favorite was "you look like a Maltese landlady."

by Anonymousreply 92January 9, 2022 7:53 PM

Princess Margaret was everything gay men wish they could be.

by Anonymousreply 93January 9, 2022 7:54 PM

Why do gay men wish to be cunty and cruel? Genuine question.

by Anonymousreply 94January 9, 2022 8:22 PM

@r91, At least dear Margaret was able to appreciate a nice piece of ass when she saw one

by Anonymousreply 95January 9, 2022 8:29 PM

@r88, Good read, love this quote...

"Cecil Beaton referred to her as 'the poor midgety brute', 'wealthy seaside landlady' and 'a little pocket monster'

Leave it to a Gay cunt to out-cunt the most royal cunt of all

by Anonymousreply 96January 9, 2022 8:34 PM

Margaret must've been the last person on Earth to use a cigarette holder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 9, 2022 8:36 PM

No one did Mags like Tracey Ullman. Not even Margaret her miserable self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 9, 2022 8:37 PM

Another from r88...

" Finding himself at an adjacent table to where Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon were dining with Bryan Forbes, Nanette Newman and Peter Sellers, a drunken Dudley Moore staggered over to the princess, bowed low and, with a demonic gleam in his eye, slurred, “Good evening, your royal highness. I suppose a blow job is out of the question?”

Got to love Dudley Moore

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2022 8:41 PM

[quote]Princess Margaret was everything gay men wish they could be - elitist, racist, drunk

FIXED

by Anonymousreply 100January 10, 2022 12:03 AM

Nobody wants to be r100

by Anonymousreply 101January 10, 2022 1:15 AM

What was the worst thing Margaret ever did?

by Anonymousreply 102January 10, 2022 1:38 AM

^ Refuse to give Dudley Moore a blow job

Poor little fellow :(

by Anonymousreply 103January 10, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote]Princess Margaret was everything gay men wish they could be.

[quote]As she comes in she announces to me quite loudly that she can’t STAND Sondheim.

No gay man wishes to be loudly arrogantly deeply stupid.

by Anonymousreply 104January 10, 2022 8:05 AM

[quote] No gay man wishes to be loudly arrogantly deeply stupid.

Born this way.

by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2022 12:02 PM

R47 What a crime they changed the title for the American market. “Ma’am Darling” is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2022 1:26 PM

R74 I'd love if it had been Streisand. They seem similar to me, blunt, superior, a bit dour, not a single fuck to give.

As for Margaret's thoughts on current royalty, I'd most like to have heard her take on naming the baby Lilibet. Had she been alive, would Harry have dared?

by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2022 1:42 PM

Just once that I'm aware of was Margaret's scorching scorn used to worthwhile effect. She ripped 'The Duchess of York' apart for her serial vulgarity, as I recall in written form. Which usefully found its way into the public domain.

by Anonymousreply 108January 10, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote]^ Refuse to give Dudley Moore a blow job

[quote]Poor little fellow :(

He didn't miss anything.

by Anonymousreply 109January 10, 2022 3:21 PM

R108 Very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black…

by Anonymousreply 110January 10, 2022 3:27 PM

" He didn't miss anything.

—Mick Jagger"

Rumor has it that later Lord Snowden took Dudley Moore aside and whispered, "She gives blow jobs like a Jewish manicurist"

by Anonymousreply 111January 10, 2022 3:35 PM

That must hurt!

by Anonymousreply 112January 10, 2022 3:53 PM

WHET that cute grandson of hers? The one who became a personal trainer?

by Anonymousreply 113January 10, 2022 4:42 PM

I believe he's the one who just entered the Royal Marines, r113.

by Anonymousreply 114January 10, 2022 5:02 PM

Bow down and worship HRH the Goddess of Caftans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 10, 2022 5:05 PM

[quote]”I don’t want to meet any daft children”.

I don’t blame her one bit.

by Anonymousreply 116January 10, 2022 5:08 PM

She was quite elegant when she represented The Queen at Jamaica's independence ceremony. So sad that she turned into a hot mess later in life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 10, 2022 5:33 PM

Lilibet refused to knight Mick Jagger at his investiture so Prince Charles did it instead.

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2022 5:36 AM

She and Judy Garland were at the same party at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and Margaret sent a minion over to ask her to sing, as she wouldn't deign to do do herself. Judy retorted, "Tell her I will if she christens a ship first!"

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2022 5:58 AM

^ *do so*

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2022 5:59 AM

R118, can you blame her? If someone was fucking your sister, would you want to knight them?

by Anonymousreply 121January 11, 2022 12:25 PM

[quote]If someone was fucking your sister, would you want to knight them?

That's what The Queen said to Antony Armstrong-Jones. 'You're fucking my sister, so you'd better have an Earldom.'

by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2022 1:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!