Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You stupid astrology people are the worst!

I mean, come on. You really think the position of a planet really has some effect on your mood, let alone personality and do you really believe that you possess innate traits because of where the planets were when you were born?

Good grief. How stupid can you be? You should be ashamed.

So pathetic. And the worst thing is that I’ve seen college students that believe this stuff. They make real life decisions based on stupid astrology. Decisions that will effect them for the rest of their lives.

What do these people do at college all day? They are clearly not going to class.

by Anonymousreply 138February 8, 2022 11:27 PM

You sound like such a Libra OP

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2022 3:03 PM

sounds like somebody has too much Capricorn in their chart.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2022 3:04 PM

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2022 3:04 PM

Just because some random cunt uses Astrology, doesn't mean they are fully educated and knowledgeable about Astrology. It's junk Astrology for the mainstream. It's fine if people like you OP hate Astrology, but leave the education and knowledge to us real Astrologers.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2022 3:06 PM

No different than the people who use those wands to find gold.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2022 3:06 PM

R4 are you saying you can read palms better than us mere mortals?

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2022 3:07 PM

R6 that's not Astrology.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2022 3:09 PM

It’s supposed to be a fun exercise with friends like doing an ouoji board or some other fun party gag.

But the people who believe it’s real and use it as some sort of guide are idiots. These people are dangerous when you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2022 3:09 PM

I don’t care what “level” you’re at. It’s a crock of you-know-what.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2022 3:10 PM

R8 trans freaks and flat earth cunts are dangerous, not real Astrologers.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2022 3:10 PM

R9 spoken liken a cunt who isn't educated about Astrology as a profession.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2022 3:12 PM

r4 no true Scotsman!

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2022 3:12 PM

Well, at least astrology’s information is formed in planetary facts.

More sense than religion’s bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2022 3:12 PM

I think this stuff is at its height in terms of popularity and out of hand. Everyone is talking about this like it’s some serious way to navigate relationships or make crucial decisions.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2022 3:12 PM

Mother darling and I disagree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2022 3:14 PM

Astro scientists are not part of this discussion.

We are talking about the fools who make decisions based on people’s sign like it’s some sort of real thing.

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2022 3:14 PM

OP complains about astrologists and then four minutes later a "real" astrologist shows up to counter his rant. Sure, this seems totally organic and not a set-up at all.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2022 3:15 PM

R16 we overlap with each other. You wouldn't know, because you aren't a professional Astrologer.

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2022 3:16 PM

Nobody told me when I was growing up that so many millions of people were so incredibly stupid.

Basically I’m left wondering why nobody told me. It would have been nice to know.

And how does everyone manage to feed themselves, get to work, raise a family, drive a car and then think “well, I’m going to decide something important based on junk science and something I read on Facebook. I’m not even going to question it.”

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2022 3:18 PM

No way does any of this overlap with legit science. Give me a break. What are you even talking about.

Do you have a PHD in astrophysics or are you a High Priestess in tarot reading.

There is no in between.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2022 3:21 PM

R19 once again, you've got the mainstream junk Astrology which is a significantly reduced extract idiot version of real and academic Astrology that makes it's rounds more than the education from us real Astrologers.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2022 3:22 PM

R20 well you've already made up your mind on what you think you know about Astrology and the overlap, so there's no point in explaining anything deeper to you.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2022 3:24 PM

There is no such thing as academic astrology. Unless you mean astronomy.

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2022 3:24 PM

so, a libra and a leo walk into a thread....

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2022 3:25 PM

R23 yes there is.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2022 3:27 PM

I’ll take astrology people over Myers-Briggs obsessives.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Yeah, someone’s in here playing fast and loose with semantics.

But the point has been made. It is hogwash. And to see so many young people adopting it as a basis of judgment is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 3:27 PM

R27 whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Totally off topic, but r24 was redtagged as soon as it was posted as "Troll 5917". I left the thread and came back and she's not redtagged anymore.

This has happened a few other times on other threads (with I think the same poster)

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2022 3:29 PM

“Well, at least astrology’s information is formed in planetary facts.”

Release the hounds!

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2022 3:29 PM

Remember the days when we had a president who made decisions based on astrology?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2022 3:29 PM

R29 Muriel and her flying monkeys are just drunk and drugged up again.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2022 3:30 PM

Qanoners are worse.

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2022 3:33 PM

R31, could she be more smug?

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2022 3:34 PM

R33 it’s a slippery slope from believing that people are certain ways because of what month they are born (hello! This should be a clue here!) to thinking that RFK is coming back to life.

There is a thruline.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2022 3:35 PM

*through line

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2022 3:36 PM

"...stupid astrology..." Your redundancy is showing.

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2022 3:36 PM

It’s so ridiculous. I just want to shake these people.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2022 3:38 PM

R35 Astrology is a A LOT more than the month you are born in. You are taking an excerpt from mainstream blog writers, instead of looking to real Astrologers and full spectrum Astrological data.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2022 3:39 PM

Carl Sagan argued the stupidity of astrology frequently (he also foresaw the cultural and political dangers of technology outpacing the layman's understanding of it). "How could the rising of Mars at the moment of my birth affect me, then or now? I was born in a closed room. Light from Mars couldn’t get in. The only influence of Mars which could affect me was its gravity. But the gravitational pull of the obstetrician was much larger than the gravitational influence of Mars. Mars is a lot more massive, but the obstetrician was much closer.”

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2022 3:40 PM

Oh, "full spectrum" is more accurate than you know.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2022 3:40 PM

R40 Astrology encompasses more than Mars. The 12 houses of each person occupy more than one planetary placement at a given time.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2022 3:42 PM

People will believe anything they read on Facebook. Doesn’t matter how crazy it is.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2022 3:43 PM

R43 stop looking on Facebook, dumb cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2022 3:44 PM

Astrology is like drained pasta, tattoos, and Norma Shearer: DL catnip sure to divide posters.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2022 3:46 PM

A little skepticism goes a long way. That’s what needs to be said in the age of the “smart” phone.

Everyone scrolls along like a mindless drone. Click. Click. Scroll.

It’s like a rat in an experiment. Millions of people do this all day. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2022 3:46 PM

On the other hand, compared to religion, astrology is more believable.

Just swap "religious" for "astrology" and "virgin birth"/"burning bush"/"parting of the sea" for "position of a planet" in OP's rant....

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2022 3:47 PM

R46 it's not the fault of real Astrologers, that people look to inaccurate sources for Astrological education and knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2022 3:48 PM

R47 most of us real Astrologers hate Christianity and religion. Astrology isn't a religion. It's spirituality and science combined.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote] DL catnip sure to divide posters.

It’s hardly dividing posters when it’s one moron on one side and the rest of the site against this delusional twit.

Put r4 on ignore any every pro-astrology post disappears.

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2022 3:49 PM

Is this the same diseased trash who keeps posting about the Mandela Effect and how celebrities are honoring Horus when the pose with just one eye showing?

I was sure she’d be dead by covid by now.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Fuck you OP. How else you going to explain a Scorpio like me gave blowjob to stranger inside my car few hours after my parents funeral?

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2022 3:56 PM

R52 applauds in Gemini.

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2022 3:58 PM

I don't get into astrology at all. But the whole earth, wind, fire and water thing. I'm Sagittarius which of course is a fire sign. I can be pretty fiery myself. The spouse is a Cancer or water sign. So yeah water puts out the fire. If you believe that I can sell you a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2022 4:03 PM

r54 it's pattern seeking. while most people can't eyeball whether a couch will fit through their door or the size of a cock just by looking at it. . . they're still prone to try and make rationalize it out., even if they continuously fail.

The mysteries of other people are quite esoteric.

It's much like the overuse of narcissist. The self professed experts of narcissism, especially the children of... are always just bloody mad. They find narcissists everywhere. . . and most often in those they have personality conflicts with.

Yet many of us are taught to speak in the affirmative because the scariest words known to humankind is "I don't know" so, we have an innate need to know, understand and try to gain control of the things around us.

For many, these kind of things give them a semblance of control and understanding... though I'd like to believe most view it as the schoolyard entertainment it is.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2022 4:16 PM

I am a Cancer. Like Diana, am a goddess of the moon.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2022 4:26 PM

Best song ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2022 4:26 PM

Sooooo...I am a nurse practitioner, and you wouldn't believe the junk science beliefs I have to contend with in patients on a daily basis (Thank you Dr. Oz, ugh) I've gotten very good at keeping my mouth shut and humoring people just to get them out of my face as quickly as possible; after a certain point, evidence has no effect on strongly-held beliefs. Kinda the same with gay boys - I often find that the ones I'm most attracted to physically are the biggest subscribers to astrology. As a rabid Carl Sagan fan, I'd be only too eager to debate them - but I'd much rather get laid, haha. So yet again, I smile, nod, keep my mouth shut - and try to change to subject to more..."horizontal" matters, lol. There is no getting through to these Nee Age people - critical thinking has never been their strong suit, obviously (though it amazes me how many hold college degrees)

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2022 4:27 PM

*New age

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2022 4:28 PM

Lucifer is a fire sign? Yas kween.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2022 4:34 PM

R48, I know a "real" astrologer. One of my extended family members does this grift for a living (and has done it for some pretty famous people); they earn enough that it's their sole income. This family member is also clinically mentally ill. It's a fraud. There is a lot to feel romantic about when it comes to the grandeur that is the cosmos, but religion and astrology are garbage.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2022 4:34 PM

I'm a Libra, what's ur sign bby??

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2022 4:39 PM

I'm guessing OP is a Sadge. An extremely nice sign, gets on well with everyone, but can really get on her hobby horse.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2022 4:44 PM

R19, it took me until my old age to realize that, if 100 is "average" IQ (and yes, I'm aware it's a flawed measure, but whatever), that that means that half the population has a below average IQ. Half!!

That tells me all I need to know about the general population.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2022 4:53 PM

Show us on your natal chart, OP, where someone hurt you so badly.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2022 4:59 PM

Speaking of astrology, the bitcoin thread was deleted? Not like I care, but why?

Also R64 is a dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2022 5:09 PM

There's a sucker born every minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2022 5:10 PM

They e huge in the 60's and 70's. America loved them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2022 5:24 PM

Anyone remember the horoscopes in the daily newspaper? When I was a kid the paper published this near the comics in the form of a table with each sign around the edge of the piece and a series of numbers underneath that you'd have to find in the word grid to read your message, usually something benign like "3 - you / 18 - will / 12 - have / 2 - a / 29 - good / 14 - day". The even had a special message for your birthday with a few added numbers - words. Sure, we all thought it was a useful memory exercise and my parents used to to teach us to read, so it was all fun and games and no one took the predictions seriously... and then Ronald Reagan was elected and we soon discovered that blowjob Nancy was having an astrologer advise the president on important matters. It was then we knew that it was all down hill from there.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote] It's fine if people like you OP hate Astrology, but leave the education and knowledge to us real Astrologers.

Which program do you recommend? I have a BA, but I'd like to pursue an advanced degree in astrology.

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2022 5:30 PM

James Randi is so underrated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 8, 2022 5:38 PM

R71 = Mic Drop

by Anonymousreply 72January 8, 2022 5:41 PM

Someone please slap this moron who keeps capitalizing astrology.

by Anonymousreply 73January 8, 2022 6:03 PM

My pussy was destined to stink.

The stars foretold my fate.

Or at least my lack of basic hygiene. They weren't that specific.

by Anonymousreply 74January 8, 2022 6:07 PM

No more falsehoods or derisions, OP.

by Anonymousreply 75January 8, 2022 6:08 PM

I'd say that you've had Scorpio in Uranus.

More than one, I'd wager.

by Anonymousreply 76January 8, 2022 6:09 PM

I am a double Sagittarius.

I will cut a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2022 6:10 PM

Astrology was an ancient science now pseudoscience. It evolved into real science which is Astronomy. Alchemy was also an ancient science that became Chemistry. If you believe in astrology then you believe you can turn lead into gold.

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2022 6:21 PM

R70. I am not recommending such, but note:

[quote]Kepler College is the main institution offering degrees in Astrological Studies. Also the California institute of integral studies… i.e. courses taught by Rick Tarnas especiall…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2022 6:25 PM

Kepler College in Seattle.

[quote]Kepler College (formerly Kepler College of Astrological Arts and Sciences) is an online certificate program for the study of astrology.Based out of Seattle, Washington, U.S., it is named after the mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler (1571–1630). (Wikipedia)

[quote]Kepler College was founded in 2000 as an unaccredited institution of higher learning that was authorized to grant degrees from 2000 until 2010 by the Higher Education Coordinating Board of Washington State. Its programs were based in the liberal arts and it offered degrees in astrological studies with a focus on the history of astrology. Since 2010, students have been awarded certificates of completion of a course of study instead of degrees. (Wikipedia)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2022 6:39 PM

I don't want to learn about the history of astrology. I want to learn to do astrology. If you were a true astrologer you could have read my mind and would have known this.

by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2022 6:43 PM

Yes, Op, of all the worst things in the world to rant about, astrologists are THE worst. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote]You stupid astrology people are the worst!

I could have predicted you would say this OP.

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2022 6:50 PM

Does anybody remember a couple of years back when it was discovered that the positions of planets in the solar system were off?

It made all this already dubious "science" a flat out farce. Pure bunk.

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2022 7:00 PM

R81 you sound stupid. The history and understanding of astrology is ingrained with the alleged capabilities to do "readings".

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2022 11:12 PM

Same r77

by Anonymousreply 86January 9, 2022 12:14 AM

Come sit next to me, R77.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 9, 2022 12:19 AM

[quote] [R81] you sound stupid. The history and understanding of astrology is ingrained with the alleged capabilities to do "readings".

I sense that you do not know what you're talking about. You are most certainly a Leo.

by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2022 1:15 AM

R78

But what of the fabled transmutation of lead to gold? It is indeed possible—all you need is a particle accelerator, a vast supply of energy and an extremely low expectation of how much gold you will end up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 9, 2022 2:19 AM

R58: I tend to get along well with medical pros. Hell I've even had few admit things to me that I was stunned by. However MDs they can be hit or miss. One I wanted to strangle, another I only wish did private practice because he was that good of an MD.

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2022 4:51 PM

It's a cute diversion, but any guy that takes it seriously is a total dick wilter and usually a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2022 5:50 PM

[R80], as if Seattle isn't fucking horrific enough, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2022 6:44 PM

It is a sin to follow your horoscope because only God knows the future and He won't tell us.

Also, we can tell horoscopes are false because according to astrology, Christ would have been a Capricorn, and Capricorn people are cold, ambitious and attracted to Scorpio and Virgo, and we know that Christ was warm, loving, and not attracted to anybody.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2022 3:29 AM

If anything, astrology should be based on date of conception, not date of birth. There are premature babies, babies that want to stay in too long and the doctor induces labor, etc.

Agree that it seems dumb to believe in astrology.

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2022 5:15 AM

Astrology is fun to ponder NOT to live by.

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2022 7:30 AM

You know something is dumb as fuck when mostly women and fem gay men are into it

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2022 7:47 AM

I'd rather hang with an astrologer than a christian any day

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2022 8:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 14, 2022 8:14 AM

It seems victimless or am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2022 8:26 AM

As an adherent of reconstructionist local Paganry and rural folklore, it irks me that others often erroneously judge my chosen cultural faith path based on what a passel of Nu Age loons (usually wealthier, urbane, and bored living in their protective enclaves) elect to do with their precious minds and time.

Can’t tell you how many obsessive toxically-positive twits, on finding out that I practise Paganism (or try my best to, anyway), have cornered me before now in order to rhapsodise about natal astrology (based on inert outdated snapshots of an active and ever-changing cosmos....), crystal healing (fracking for those gaudy stones needlessly damages the earth, don’t buy into it), Tarot (a parlour game used by gypsies to con folks out of a few coins, and a clever way to seal Pagan lore away Mother Church inside a harmless leisure activity), and various other inane GOOPy ideas.

Yes, I do have a strong affinity for and belief in ancient Gods and spirits, as well as in supernatural ancestral lore and stories from my place of origin, and I’m sure many people find that laughable. That doesn’t necessarily mean that I therefore believe in trendy popular belief systems and pseudo-magicks.

The worst and latest development of all is seeing my local Woo shops (run by Lululemon moms, of course) selling runestones & staves to normies, I.e. people who don’t have a deep understanding of what they’re for or what they mean. If someone isn’t invested in knowing the cultural and historical context from which the magick they’re messing with comes, that is asking for a whole lot of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2022 8:44 AM

[quote] according to astrology, Christ would have been a Capricorn

One astrologer I saw in my misguided emo teen years freaked when looked at my natal chart, because apparently both myself and the Antichrist (whoever or whatever that is) share a very similar chart (Aquarius with a lot of 12th house planets). I was amused, not to mention surprised and disappointed that an astrologer would be all that concerned by Xtian scaremongering. This astrologer couldn’t even answer my question about how and why the Antichrist has a natal chart in the first place—isn’t the whole threat that one doesn’t know where an Antichrist will pop up?

[quote] Does anybody remember a couple of years back when it was discovered that the positions of planets in the solar system were off?

R84 was that to do with the discovery of the new planet Ophiucus, that threw off the order and angles of the solar system model? Or was that a whole different thing?

Technically, the signs we currently adhere by ought to move one sign back to be accurate and make room for Ophiucus (under which sign Scorpio people now fall) or so I’m told.

[quote] astrology should be based on date of conception, not date of birth. There are premature babies, babies that want to stay in too long and the doctor induces labor, etc.

This has often stymied me, as well. I had a disabled sister (now dead), born with cerebral palsy/a crushed head due to negligent delivery, and as her labour was so long and arduous and involved so much unnatural intervention I don’t think a natural birth time could reasonably be attained. In fact, my poor mom spent the better part of a full night & day undergoing medical horror and trauma to deliver my sister, so even her birthday was a little uncertain. Her natal sun sign and outer planets can be gleaned, but her moon sign, ascendant sign (the ‘horizon line’ in the cbart) and ‘inner’ planets (the small fast-moving ones closer to the sun) cannot. I’m sure this is sadly the case with many babies.

And what about people of an older pre/wartime generation, who do not have accurate and detailed birth records? Or those people originating from poor or deprived backgrounds who do not have access to that kind of information? Astrology does not account for privilege!

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2022 8:58 AM

So many people have been duped into paying "astrologer matchmakers" to set people up.

by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2022 9:02 AM

I have a twin brother. We were born one minute apart. We are fraternal. We are so vastly different in personality, appearance and intelligence that people wouldn't even pick us for brothers. We've also had vastly different life experiences. You can't tell me that one minute of time has made all the difference if you apply astrology to our bithcharts.

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2022 5:45 PM

Princess Diana had an astrologer

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2022 5:45 PM

We are made of stars. So I think Astrology is cool/interesting.

Do I live my life by it? Fuck no.

But I think it has some minimal validity.

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2022 5:50 PM

R104 She was a kooky Cancer. We aren’t right in the head.

by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2022 5:55 PM

“But I think it has some minimal validity.”

Can you give an example?

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2022 5:59 PM

I’m trying to get some insight here.

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2022 6:08 PM

Can you give us some insight r105 or perhaps the person who ww’d your post. Trying to learn what is valid about astrology? Either of you two care to educate?

TIA

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2022 6:17 PM

R103 but you haven’t accounted for transits!!!! And latitudinal astrology!!! And your Draconic and Vedic natal charts!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2022 7:28 PM

I want a bithchart r103.

by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2022 9:24 PM

BeCaUSe wE is MAde Of StaRDuSt, R109!

by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2022 9:39 PM

R11 Cancer sun, Aries rising, Capricorn moon. I am an aggressive kooky cancer!

by Anonymousreply 113January 14, 2022 10:26 PM

Gen Z please let an old creaky bitch know—do you view astrology as a cringey passé stereotypical Millennial thing, like being a Harry Potter fan or liking overpriced coffee or wearing skinny jeans & Converse? Or is astrology equally big or bigger with the current youth/teen/College generation?

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2022 10:39 PM

If this link works I can show people their charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2022 10:47 PM

R113. I would never describe a cancer with a moon is serious capricorn as kooky but maybe you are trying to present yourself as unthreatening?

by Anonymousreply 116January 14, 2022 10:53 PM

*in*

by Anonymousreply 117January 14, 2022 10:54 PM

R116 hmmm interesting🤔I have a massive natal Capricorn stellium in the 12th house (six planets plus a few asteroids, with Saturn rising, and disposited by Uranus I think?), and people who don’t know me well usually do take me to be a very serious, sarcastic, dour, and boring person. Sometimes, I have been shocked and tickled to find out what people wrongly assume I’m like—one even told me once that he was “terrified” of me, because he thought the way I spoke was too harsh and I seemed like I hated everyone. Socialising with my inner circle, however, I’m a very optimistic, breezy and rather jocular type who prefers to be encouraging to others (Aqua Sun/Libra Moon could be the culprit for that?), and this usually comes as a shock to those who first befriend me. 12th house natives are said to be misconceived as default, so maybe that’s the issue😔

by Anonymousreply 118January 14, 2022 11:02 PM

R118 Aquarius is a fixed sign ruled by Saturn so with your Saturn rising as well I'm not surprised first impressions are "dour". However, if you are blunt and "terrifying" it sounds like the Uranian energy is at work. "The modern association between Aquarius and Uranus has given this sign an exaggerated reputation for being rebellious, anti-social, perverse, eccentric and emotionally unstable. All of these negative forms of behaviour arise as extreme manifestations in individuals that have yet to find their centre. Anyone who is naturally inclined to care about the interests of social welfare will face their shadow in a world of political frustration where they are confronted with the mirror of their own anger and disappointment. " (Skyscript)

The stellium in the 12th is daunting. I don't know what "misconceived" means in this context but planets in the 12th can be described as stuck and not able to express their nature well. But you really have to see the entire chart to know how it's manifesting. Aquarians are great BTW, I love their intellectual approach to life and their lack of bigotry and prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 119January 14, 2022 11:49 PM

“ (Aqua Sun/Libra Moon could be the culprit for that?”

Yeah. Sure. That’s what it is.

by Anonymousreply 120January 15, 2022 9:16 PM

R118/119 ought to be burned in the square.

by Anonymousreply 121January 15, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote] The fault lies in my astrology.

—Kit Marlowe, glad I’m dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 17, 2022 12:53 AM

Ascendants used to be highly important for casting the horoscope and were replaced by sun signs when the daily papers started printing them.

I prefer my Vedic chart. It's all about the lagna.

by Anonymousreply 123January 25, 2022 1:31 PM

OP you sound like an earth sign.

by Anonymousreply 124February 7, 2022 1:53 PM

Obviously OP you're a Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 125February 7, 2022 2:56 PM

R123 yes, I prefer Vedic in some ways. Has a bit more razzle-dazzle about it.

Being a Chitra Nakshatra person is so glam!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 7, 2022 3:20 PM

There are elements of astrology that are fascinating. I think this idea of Pluto's return happening right now, when the world is a dumpster fire, and the fact that it hasn't had a return since the American Revolutionary war is intriguing.

In my personal life, it all just goes over my head. I don't care enough to see how it might affect me personally. Astrologers and psychics who give out financial advice to people who aren't very bright really piss me off. There's a ton of grift with this sort of work.

by Anonymousreply 127February 7, 2022 3:24 PM

Lick my urANUS, OP.

by Anonymousreply 128February 7, 2022 3:25 PM

R119/R123 well then, you’re gonna love me—I’m a Rising Sun person (ascendant+sun conjunction in natal)!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 7, 2022 11:14 PM

^^in AQUARIUS I meant to say 💧

by Anonymousreply 130February 7, 2022 11:15 PM

R125 No way OP is a Cancer! Cancers love astrology and are proud of their sign.

by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2022 1:44 AM

I still get a thrill when I get a reading from Tarot cards. There must be some kind of energy exchange between the reader and readee. I’m not saying that they predict things, but it reframes thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2022 1:56 AM

It’s fun to read the daily horoscope—I like the Astro Twins. But it’s not like I plan my life around it, given that I usually forget it five minutes later.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2022 2:05 AM

Gen Z gays (all a bunch of nelly housewives) love that stupid crap. Gay black guys are totally obsessed with it as well.

It's easy to follow pseudoscience for chuckleheads!

by Anonymousreply 134February 8, 2022 2:49 AM

R134). Wow - you’re so much better than the rest of us. I’m surprised you even took the time to comment here. You must be in such demand in smarter venues.

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2022 3:05 AM

Most people don't have a clue about astrology. And most don't know much about the scientific method either. But it has become custom among the know-it-alls to speak as if they were experts on just about anything, with ignorance being no impediment. And superficial information in the media just makes it worse. This thread is full of examples.

by Anonymousreply 136February 8, 2022 3:11 AM

I could almost give it a pass if the folks were actually making the argument that the celestial positions, time of year, and position of the sun, moon, and other planets influenced the gravitational fields surrounding the earth.

In turn, like the circadian rythym that evolved with us due to the diurnal cycle, I could see someone arguing that the fluctuating gravitational fields arising from the position of the various celestial bodies influenced how we evolved and continues to influence people based on the time of year.

While all of that is ridiculous, it's at least an attempt to justify the belief due to natural and known phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 137February 8, 2022 3:17 AM

R137 Actually astrologers do attempt to make those arguments, often using quantum physics theories:

So any chunk of matter can also occupy two places at once. Physicists call this phenomenon "quantum superposition," and for decades, they have demonstrated it using small particles. But in recent years, physicists have scaled up their experiments, demonstrating quantum superposition using larger and larger particles.

The study of the natural world vis a vis quantum physics is a madhouse.

by Anonymousreply 138February 8, 2022 11:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!