Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do none of you ever get suspicious that your promised prosecutions never end up happening?

Just saw the thread bitching about Merrick Garland.

It's been five years of constant investigations and promised court trials. How have you not caught on to the bullshit? Democrats will be pretending until the end of time that they're days away from jailing Trump, and it will never happen. Court trials require evidence, which they usually don't have. They just make an excuse and move on to the next bullshit. Trump was never going to be removed from office. You don't think any of the J.D.s on the Democratic side were fully aware this was impossible?

The "insurrection" (y'all sound like retards) was petty vandalism carried out by at best a couple dozen people. Anyone who committed an actual crime at the Capitol Building was already convicted months ago. I question the wisdom of Democrats pushing to have members of the public held indefinitely for political optics. That's some third world shit.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 2:36 PM

Thanks for your input, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2022 9:13 AM

This won’t be popular but I totally agree. And the thing is, Democrats won’t learn their lesson until Republicans start nipping at Joe’s heels legally speaking. And I don’t say this to take Republicans’ side but it’s never a good idea to try to placate your side by promising to find a crime to lock up a political rival.

It’s also interesting that Democrats defended Bill and Hillary from legitimate attempts to hold them accountable under the law.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2022 9:24 AM

R2 Thank you. I meant it when I said "third world." We'll never have a functioning government again if court trials are being abused like this.

Not to mention that it obviously isn't working, for the sociopaths who have no ethical issue with any of this. This isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2022 9:30 AM

The preceding has been brought to you by Tokyo Rose! Tokyo Rose,; demoralizing American values since 1941!

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2022 9:31 AM

Kafkaesque show trials aren't "American values."

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2022 9:50 AM

Democrats are showing that they are really bad at "this governing thing." Oddly they were not so bad at it under Clinton and Obama. Something started happening in Obama's last term. My theory: Obama believed the Democrats could safely shift to a coastal/urban party thereby jettsoning the moderate wing and finally the white working class. This proved a frail majority. Secondly a younger, very radical, group moved into positions of influence in the Democratic Party bureaucracy and in the shrunken base. College educated and "woke". These people force the Party to take positions unattractive to most Americans. And third the official leadership grew increasingly older and less able to actually lead. They are tredding water as many Olds in the workplace do. Pelosi is the smartest of the lot but even she is slipping. Schumer is weak. Biden is over his head.

This is a party that has lost its way. It needs a complete makeover. Trump is a dangerous and unacceptable alternative.

This is very unpopular here but given this state of affairs it's assholes like Mitch McConnell who might save the republic by politically kneecapping Trump and putting in a sane conservative president until the Democrats can reorganize.

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2022 10:14 AM

R6 That's a solid read. You could feel it in the air right after Obama started his second term, that something was deeply wrong.

Obama called his coalition the "coalition of minorities" and it was always a terrible idea. The minorities are often at odds with each other and have opposing needs and objectives. This is how gays got lumped in with Muslims politically, despite them being horrifically homophobic. Conservative black Christians too.

He intentionally instituted an economic agenda which favored the coasts and large regional cities. That's crazy! Why would you ever split the U.S. geographically like that? The last time we had two competing economic zones at odds with each other, it was the industrialized North vs. the Slave agriculture South. It's like he was trying to start a Civil War.

He also bled the DNC dry and instituted the patronage system where useless douchebags get contracted as "consultants" as political favors to their parents and spouses. The DNC has been broke and running on loans since before the 2016 election.

But Obama is the second coming of Christ and could do no wrong, ever, so forbid your criticize him or his administration.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2022 12:24 PM

[quote] The "insurrection" (y'all sound like retards) was petty vandalism carried out by at best a couple dozen people. Anyone who committed an actual crime at the Capitol Building was already convicted months ago.

Demonstrably false...but you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2022 12:26 PM

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2022 12:32 PM

R2, to what Clintonian "crimes" are you referring? Bill was impeached for lying about a blow job. In 2016, Hillary was grilled by Congress for 13 fucking hours but nothing ever came of it. Yet Trump organized an armed insurrection in which his vice president and Nancy Pelosi were to be murdered, yet Trump still walks among me.

You are a run of the mill troll, R2 (and so are a couple of other posters on this thread. Also, you are so full of shit it's not even funny.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2022 12:35 PM

Whew, r7, that post at r6 was barely coherent, let alone a solid read. I'm sure it's just coincidence that both of you post with lots of misspellings and randomly capitalized nouns.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2022 12:40 PM

OP You are a moron. No one is buying your shit. 5 people were killed at the Capitol. Go fuck yourself, scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2022 12:45 PM

R7, I think Obama was more competent than both Trump and Biden. Maybe the economy was just in better shape. But he made a very bad set of decisions when he changed the base of the Democratic Party. I disagree about Blacks, they have been a key component of that base since LBJ. It was, I think, a belief that a new type of economy, a shift in population even more to urban areas, and a generational shift, inevitably favored the Democrats. Obama was relatively young and was basically part of that shift (secular, college educated, urban, and urbane.) The thesis then was demography is destiny.

This may still be true in the very long run.

But the Electoral College and the unrepresentive Senate kicked them in the ass. Also the revolt of the rural areas. So in 2016 Trump turned out rural white voters, many of whom had never voted, in droves. One reason Republican leaders fear him.

However the change since then is various forms of voteness, such as not sufficiently condemning riots in Portland and "defunfld" the police is driving more moderates to vote Republican. Obama and others did not count on the woke driving the Party. If you lose the suburbs you're in trouble.

I don't think the Democratic Party has time or leadership to pivot on this even by 2024 and definitely not by 2022.

The Republicans have to fend off Trump, one goal, I order to guarantee a victory in 2024. The Democrats have a more complex set of tasks to accomplish to win.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2022 12:48 PM

This is the new troll talking point. Someone's panicking and trying to deflect.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2022 12:50 PM

various forms of wokeness^ not votedness

And R11 is a moron

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2022 12:50 PM

OP = r1 r2 R3 r4 r5 R6 r7

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2022 12:51 PM

Anyone can use trolldar (blocking) to see that is not the case, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2022 12:54 PM

Donald Trump is an attempted mass murderer. January 6, 2021, if it had been successful, would have made The Night of the Long Knives look like a te party. That so many want to sweep this under the rug shows how many immoral ass holes there are in this country (and on this thread.).

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2022 12:56 PM

R18 mistakes description for prescription.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2022 12:59 PM

I keep hope alive that they are just waiting for the most opportune time to announce most of the hoped for indictments. You know, like not long before the mid terms. The DOJ is not going to show its hand until they administer the coup de grace on most of these people. These types of things seem to happen when you least expect them to. Everyone gets taken by surprise.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2022 1:02 PM

Thank you R7 and R13 for some really intelligent analysis. I hate to believe this but if the Republicans could unload Trump, they’re in pretty good shape as a party. The Democrats have more serious problems to deal with. I don’t see any easy solutions.

I think Trump could face some legal issues in NY for financial misdeeds. Russia gate was always a nonevent. Maybe 1/6 will lead to some indictments for some Republicans. But Justice and politics should be kept separate from each other.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2022 1:26 PM

R21 SOCKPUPPET

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2022 1:47 PM

R10 I don’t care if he lied about what he ate for breakfast, LYING UNDER OATH IS A CRIME. IT IS CALLED PERJURY. So is suborning perjury, which he also did. Now whether he was having an affair isn’t at the top of my list of priorities, but call a spade a spade. Plus, Democrats who just want to hand-wave off Clinton committing perjury were more than willing to entertain the year-long Michael Avenatti/Stormy Daniels Boris-and-Natasha act, which is why it sounds a bit rich to me when people act like it’s only Republicans who do a lot of moral grandstanding around sex.

As for Hillary, I mean I hate to sound like I’m parroting Trump, but she had a private email server she used to store official State department communications, some of it Classified. Under subpoena she deleted thousands of those emails, then destroyed her server. She got away with it because she was running for President and they thought she was going to win, not because she didn’t actually do it. If anyone else had done that they would’ve been charged. Comey and every other person who has ever worked in federal law enforcement knew that.

I’ve noticed the mainstream media likes to avoid that inconvenient truth so that it’s only Republicans who say it so it sounds like a talking point or propaganda. Because if you acknowledge Hillary kinda got away with breaking federal law the whole Russian collusion scandal seems even more pat.

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2022 1:49 PM

R23 Exactly. People get pissy about "both sides-ism" but it is true that Clinton broke many laws and should have been prosecuted.

Republicans accuse Democrats of being pedophiles, which is often true. But you know what else is often true? That the Republican ranks are filled with pedophiles. They get caught on a regular basis. Pence, in particular, is rumored to be tied to a pedophile ring in Indiana.

Same with Democrats who are desperate to claim Trump is corrupt. Guess who is spectacularly corrupt themselves? If the law started being enforced in earnest, most of the party leadership would facing serious jail time.

That's how this works.

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2022 2:27 PM

R21 There really isn't much of a substantive event underneath all of the media hysteria (and law enforcement hysteria) around 1/6.

No one was armed, they could only say a small group of people even trespassed. There was some vandalism and theft, mostly in Nancy Pelosi's office.

Capitol police massively overreacted to a non threat.

They could have easily kept people out of the building but rather chose to evacuate the Senate and let people enter. They then tear gassed the House chamber with members inside despite there being no protesters even close to entering.

The media reporting about this has been spectacular. They claimed a Capitol police officer was murdered at the Capitol when in reality he died of natural causes the following day. How do they get away with shit like that?

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2022 2:32 PM

Be gone and swallow some cyanide, Q-Anon freak R24

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote] There really isn't much of a substantive event underneath all of the media hysteria (and law enforcement hysteria) around 1/6. No one was armed, they could only say a small group of people even trespassed. There was some vandalism and theft, mostly in Nancy Pelosi's office. Capitol police massively overreacted to a non threat.

Just stop. This is beyond ridiculous. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!