Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pres. Biden Is Reading Trump For FILTH!

Live right now, for the world to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459January 13, 2022 9:29 AM

Biden Time!

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2022 1:27 PM

And just for good measure, in a rare moment, I'm watching this on Faux News.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2022 1:29 PM

In my 72 years, I have never heard as amazing, brutally truthful, and plain-speaking a speech as Joe's right now.

Absolutely historic. HISTORIC.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2022 1:31 PM

I love that so far Pres. Biden has refused to even speak Trump's name, only calling him "the former president" or on one occasion "the former DEFEATED president". I know Jabba must be shitting his pants right now.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2022 1:31 PM

I bet Cheetolini is hate watching this, surrounded by a pile of Big Macs and KFC, shitting his diapers and screaming at Hope Hicks or his other flunkies.

This image brings me great joy. I just hope he strokes out from the stress.

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2022 1:31 PM

Sweeeet, r2!

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 1:32 PM

This is what we need to hear today. No embellishments..

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 1:33 PM

R4, I like, nay, LOVE how Joe is saying "lie", "lies," and "the Big Lie" in direct connection to TFG.

TFFG.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 1:34 PM

Oh good

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 1:34 PM

Call those traitor mother fuckers out Joe! Bravo. LAY.IT.OUT. Loved how he references Trumps hurt ego, and keeps saying the former president's LIES.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 1:36 PM

He’s creating a context for Justice.

The so-called patriots will be held accountable for the insurrection - at EVERY level.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 1:37 PM

It's a fantastic speech so far...telling the truth! Ferocious Joe!!

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 1:38 PM

The flag placement is on point. I'm glad he's in the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2022 1:39 PM

I like angry President Biden.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2022 1:40 PM

This speech will be discussed not only for the rest of today, but for the rest of our democracy. I am 100% serious.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2022 1:41 PM

That was shockingly good. Bravo to whoever wrote it. He delivered it well.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2022 1:42 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had the evidence they needed to nail the traitorous thugs in Congress and public office elsewhere to the wall for some time, but waited for the anniversary of the insurrection, for Biden and this speech, to set the tone for what’s about to come down.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2022 1:44 PM

And Stephanie Ruhle wonders if the speech "will break through."

What a bizarrely myopic view of it.

Now she asked why we haven't heard this speech "before."

Check the calendar, you dumb bitch!

Oh, gee; Republicans are downplaying the speech. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2022 1:45 PM

Is he saying anything we haven't heard already? Like is Trump and all his gang going to prison anytime soon?

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2022 1:45 PM

He put Trump at the center of the insurrection. I think Trump is not getting away with this unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2022 1:45 PM

Saw it and loved every minute of it. Bravo, Joe!!!

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2022 1:45 PM

So the 2024 campaign has officially begun. As has the campaign to make today some sort of national holiday. Oh what a circus oh what a show.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2022 1:47 PM

Biden nails it.

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2022 1:47 PM

What r17 said.

Merrick Garland tee'd it up yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote] wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had the evidence they needed to nail the traitorous thugs in Congress and public office elsewhere to the wall for some time, but waited for the anniversary of the insurrection, for Biden and this speech, to set the tone for what’s about to come down.

It's always best in politics to wait to bring out the most serious offenses of those running for reelection at a certain time just before the new election is held. it needs to be fresh in the voter's minds when they're at the voting booth.

by Anonymousreply 25January 6, 2022 1:49 PM

So, is this why Garland has been sitting on his hands all this time? Just waiting for this speech, today?

by Anonymousreply 26January 6, 2022 1:49 PM

"LET'S GO JOE" should be the new rallying cry for all progressives. The Trumptards might just stop using "let's go Brandon".

by Anonymousreply 27January 6, 2022 1:50 PM

And were Ivanka's statements used against daddy?

by Anonymousreply 28January 6, 2022 1:51 PM

[quote]"LET'S GO JOE" should be the new rallying cry for all progressives.

Only progressives? Okay. Noted.

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2022 1:52 PM

[quote] is this why Garland has been sitting on his hands all this time?

Just because we don't get to see the inner workings of the DOJ doesn't not mean Garland has been sitting on his hands. Most of the work to bring certain people to justice is done behind the scenes. The public only sees the effects of all that work once charges are brought. Justice can be an excruciatingly slow process.

by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2022 1:53 PM

No, r19, you have never heard such a Presidential speech like this before. You haven't even heard regular journalists use the word "lie" regarding Trump.

And the DOJ is on the case. Have you heard of the Watergate break-in of 1972? The Watergate Hearings Final Report came two years later, to the month. Then and only then did Nixon give up.

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2022 1:53 PM

Biden was terrific and historic. Kamala did well. Her speech was slightly overwritten.

I am really really really picking nits but there were moments in both speeches that were actually too poetic... "I will allow no one to place a dagger at the throat of democracy." I'd have said hold a knife. Daggers are the props of Shakespeare. Knives are something almost every American can literally imagine at their throat. I think of Churchill: “Short words are best, and old words when short are best of all.” CNN just observed the presidential historian Jon Meacham probably had a hand in Biden's remarks and he probably did. It was good. And Trump's head will explode, which is awesome.

The challenge now will be to go forward with the powerful, honest, startling accusations. They can't revert to bipartisan pleasantries now. This was the opening and they better not shrink from it.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2022 1:54 PM

Yaaassss qweeeeen! Werq sis!

by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2022 1:55 PM

Angry Biden kicks ass. This should be his go-to: not the great mediator but the gladiator.

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2022 1:56 PM

Like, did Biden even suggest that Trump would be cuffed and held criminally responsible....? I don't think I heard that....

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2022 1:57 PM

I love it R33 - but it’s kween.

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2022 1:58 PM

R34 Agree. He also sounded really strong delivering the speech. Didn’t stutter and his voice matched his conviction. Also, Trump is about to respond with garbage in 3, 2…

by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2022 1:59 PM

[quote] Like, did Biden even suggest that Trump would be cuffed and held criminally responsible....?

That would have been telling, now wouldn't it?

You never give the guilty too much information. Ruins the element of surprise.

by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2022 1:59 PM

Think about that horrible orange freak totally triggered with no Twitter. He must be beside himself.

by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2022 2:00 PM

Like, how could he, R35? Did you seriously expect that? Wake up.

by Anonymousreply 40January 6, 2022 2:00 PM

Gee, r35, I don't think I heard Joe say that TFG would be tarred and feathered and then run out on a rail, either!

Such an inadequate screed, amirite, r35?

by Anonymousreply 41January 6, 2022 2:03 PM

When the speech is eventually available online, will someone please post a link. I’m at work and know I’ll only see snippets on tonight’s news.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 42January 6, 2022 2:03 PM

[quote]The Watergate Hearings Final Report came two years later, to the month. Then and only then did Nixon give up.

And we have until maybe 2023 to nail Trump.

But the rest of them have to go down before the mid-terms this year.

And that is why the declarations made by POTUS in this speech - that the participants of January 6 were not patriots, and the justifications for their actions were based on lies - was delayed until the anniversary of the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 43January 6, 2022 2:04 PM

R35 here again. Yeah, it's been an entire year.... So... so far. It appears the inciter will NOT be held criminally responsible. What... on the 2nd anniversary Biden might broach Trump's criminality...?

by Anonymousreply 44January 6, 2022 2:05 PM

Excellent point, r43!

Mid-terms will be the next beachhead.

by Anonymousreply 45January 6, 2022 2:06 PM

[quote] I’ll only see snippets on tonight’s news

You should be able to watch the speech on YouTube, in full. It will probably be all over YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 46January 6, 2022 2:07 PM

I find it interesting Biden didn't mention the name Trump. That name will never go down in history associated with that stellar speech. It only mentions 'former President'. Brilliant

by Anonymousreply 47January 6, 2022 2:10 PM

Here's a link to the full speech you can watch tonight R42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 6, 2022 2:11 PM

R47 Former DEFEATED president. The "chef's kiss" on it all!

by Anonymousreply 49January 6, 2022 2:11 PM

Laura Coates just did the best mock of Trump's statement via Twitter: The president spoke for thirty minutes. The Vice President for ten minutes. And all he heard was 'they used my name.' AND THEY DIDN'T! Nobody said his name!

The entire panel burst out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 50January 6, 2022 2:11 PM

Sounds like Perino is just repeating whatever comes into her earpiece.

And that was followed by:

JoeMyGod

[quote] Fox News host right now attacking Biden for not thanking the lawmakers who returned to the chamber after the riot to certify the election.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 6, 2022 2:14 PM

The FOX commentary was relatively sane. Chad Someone(?) gave the facts before the bimbos started whining about divisiveness. Bret Baier had the last word- Harris was hyperbolic! Translation- uppity.

Liz Cheney will be on his show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 52January 6, 2022 2:14 PM

[quote]Liz Cheney will be on his show tonight.

That's going to be interesting. I would never want to see President Liz Cheney but you gotta admit she's got balls of steel.

by Anonymousreply 53January 6, 2022 2:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 6, 2022 2:18 PM

[quote] This speech will be discussed not only for the rest of today, but for the rest of our democracy.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but that only takes the discussion on to around 2024 then.

by Anonymousreply 55January 6, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]Think about that horrible orange freak totally triggered with no Twitter.

His spokesperson tweeted out Trump's response, filled with the usual insults, "poor me" wallowing and misspellings.

by Anonymousreply 56January 6, 2022 2:21 PM

R44, Did Joe not say the perps "will be held accountable at any level"?

by Anonymousreply 57January 6, 2022 2:23 PM

R44 seems to think this should all happen instantly.

by Anonymousreply 58January 6, 2022 2:26 PM

I love how he threw down with how the other races on the same ballot were accurate, but not the presidential race, according to Trump’s logic.

by Anonymousreply 59January 6, 2022 2:29 PM

Masterful. Well done 46!

by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2022 2:31 PM

Fascinating how all of the prominent GQP keep saying that today is no big deal and whatabout ______. These are the same people who claim that they speak for "the American people"...

Well, muthafuckers, we watched this live!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 6, 2022 2:34 PM

Amazing! Angry Joe. Exposed the lies of the "former president". Defended the election. Made the logical point that you can't call only one part of the same ballot as false and accept the rest of the ballot because your party got what they wanted in the House, the Senate, State Capitols, etc. And HOW GREAT that President Biden NEVER mentioned the "former president" by name, which must have upset "the former president" to no end. So much so that he is creating more lies and claiming his name was mentioned when it wasn't. He's living in his alternate reality like he always have. Way to go, Joe!!

by Anonymousreply 62January 6, 2022 2:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 6, 2022 2:37 PM

I didn’t watch, did Joe do that teeth-baring thing he does when he’s acting angry?

by Anonymousreply 64January 6, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote]Fascinating how all of the prominent GQP keep saying that today is no big deal and whatabout

Back when there were protests after W stole the election, the GOP was floating the idea that the liberals who were protesting were trying to "take over the government" and "stop the peaceful transfer of power."

Of course that wasn't true, they were exaggerating for effect. But that same GOP is going to be exaggerating the OTHER way when it's their party behind a REAL attempt at a coup and stopping the transfer of power. That's just what their party does.

by Anonymousreply 65January 6, 2022 2:38 PM

So after all of this you would think Biden's poll numbers would be soaring.

And yet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 6, 2022 2:41 PM

R66, that article was from Dec. 15, not 15 minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 67January 6, 2022 2:42 PM

The most important part of that speech was the number of times Biden said "lost." The former president lost. HE LOST. The former president didn't just lose, he was defeated. I feel rhetorically edged because I was denied the obvious "The former president IS A LOSER." That is the word that will haunt Trump.

by Anonymousreply 68January 6, 2022 2:43 PM

It’s about time, but Biden’s bad face job is distracting..,

by Anonymousreply 69January 6, 2022 2:45 PM

Excellent point, R68. Thank you.

That aligns with this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 6, 2022 2:46 PM

Fuck off, R69, you stupid queen.

by Anonymousreply 71January 6, 2022 2:47 PM

Love that Trump at R63 is hissing and yapping as he is backed into a corner from which he will never escape.

by Anonymousreply 72January 6, 2022 2:48 PM

R69 would be distracted by a shiny object.

by Anonymousreply 73January 6, 2022 2:48 PM

R67 Unfortunately people don't give a shit about what happened last year on January 6th. They care about the present: gas prices, inflation, crime.

by Anonymousreply 74January 6, 2022 2:49 PM

According to a survey last week, 60 some percent of the country thinks that Trump should never be president again.

Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 75January 6, 2022 2:52 PM

Lawrence Tribe agrees with me. (R3)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 6, 2022 2:52 PM

"Laurence"

by Anonymousreply 77January 6, 2022 2:54 PM

[quote] Unfortunately people don't give a shit about what happened last year on January 6th. They care about the present: gas prices, inflation, crime.

By that logic then they shouldn't care about removing statues of Confederate traitors or Dr Seuss books with offensive stereotypes either. Right?

by Anonymousreply 78January 6, 2022 2:56 PM

Wait, r74; you'll find Americans love riveting television.

by Anonymousreply 79January 6, 2022 2:57 PM

And even before the speech, fox "news" bret baier stated "that the president and vice president will be giving their speeches any moment now discussing (paraphrasing here) the events of January 6 and how IN THEIR MINDS what happened....

WHAT THE FUCK! "IN THEIR MINDS"!... FUCKING P.O.S.! THERE IS NO QUESTION IN ANY SANE MIND WHAT HAPPENED!..

AND THAT BLONDE CUNT P.O.S. DANA PERINO HAS THE GALL TO SAY ANYTHING? about divisiveness ! truth is truth and needs to be called out! or did she miss that in journalism/broadcasting school? whose dick is she sucking and whose directing her to keep her hair blonde for on air (you know fox loves their blondes!) to keep her hack job?

by Anonymousreply 80January 6, 2022 2:58 PM

Coming from.... well, you know where...

Jan. 6: Trump hits back, saying Biden trying to 'further divide America' to distract from failures

Trump called Biden's Jan. 6 speech 'political theater' that is a 'distraction for the fact Biden has completely and totally failed'

Former President Donald Trump responded to President Biden's sharp criticism in a Jan. 6 speech, saying his Democratic successor is trying to distract from his record.

Biden "used my name today to try to further divide America," Trump said in a statement. "This political theater is all just a distraction for the fact Biden has completely and totally failed."

by Anonymousreply 81January 6, 2022 2:59 PM

Schumer is the only person who could drain the power of this moment.

He is giving the most boring speech about Jan 6 that you could imagine. Wandering, without momentum.... like his leadership.

by Anonymousreply 82January 6, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote] Biden "used my name today to try to further divide America," Trump said in a statement.

You did a pretty good job of that, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 83January 6, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote]Biden "used my name today to try to further divide America," Trump said in a statement.

Oh, that was a mistake on Trump's part. Biden famously did NOT use his name, and people who got that far into Trump's statement will roll their eyes and ignore the rest.

Trump's supposed "genius" at messaging only works when a willing media and public meet him halfway. They're not doing that anymore, and he can't get away with these lies like he used to.

That he was ever able to is the real problem, though.

by Anonymousreply 84January 6, 2022 3:03 PM

But Biden didn’t use his name

by Anonymousreply 85January 6, 2022 3:03 PM

no one cares about what the senile cocksucker says...

by Anonymousreply 86January 6, 2022 3:04 PM

R81 is correct. Stop talking about him! You’re asking for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 87January 6, 2022 3:05 PM

R81 isn’t correct, but Trump is correct.

by Anonymousreply 88January 6, 2022 3:05 PM

Jeez R86, you’ve only been trolling her for 5 mins. and already your “cocksucker” shit is old.

BLOCK.

by Anonymousreply 89January 6, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote] no one cares about what the senile cocksucker says...

And yet Trump will still say it.

by Anonymousreply 90January 6, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote]Biden famously did NOT use his name

Call me by my name!

by Anonymousreply 91January 6, 2022 3:10 PM

Schumer is a total dud.

by Anonymousreply 92January 6, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote] But that same GOP is going to be exaggerating the OTHER way when it's their party behind a REAL attempt at a coup and stopping the transfer of power. That's just what their party does.

To their core, R65.

With nary any variation, FUX, DeSantis, Noem, Linz, Fitton, et. al. are all hammering that the left is making this "political" when it just happens to have been something that sort of happened...and then casually mention all of the other things like "riots" and "socialism" that are worse even though those things cannot be directly attributed to specific events.

The party who decries "identity politics" in reality couldn't possible exist without it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 6, 2022 3:15 PM

Know one thing. The harder Trump, the GOP, and all their minions scream and holler about Pres. Biden's speech, the more terrified they are.

by Anonymousreply 94January 6, 2022 3:19 PM

Without constantly stoking culture wars and abusing identity politics, the Republican party of the past 20 years or so, has absolutely no real agenda.

by Anonymousreply 95January 6, 2022 3:20 PM

Wish this speech could have been during prime time so more people could hear it. Lots of excerpts will be played though.

by Anonymousreply 96January 6, 2022 3:21 PM

CNN keeps replaying Biden barking: HE CAN'T ACCEPT HE LOST!

And, I gotta say, I get a little hard each time they do because I know how much it burns.

by Anonymousreply 97January 6, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote]But that same GOP is going to be exaggerating the OTHER way when it's their party behind a REAL attempt at a coup and stopping the transfer of power. That's just what their party does.

Even GOP stalwart Karl Rove -- one of the most divisive, destructive figures in modern-day politics – agrees. From an op-ed he penned in today's WSJ:

"If Democrats had done what some Trump supporters did on that violent Jan. 6, Republicans would have criticized them mercilessly and been right to do so. Republicans would have torched any high official who encouraged violence or stood mute while it was waged and been right to do so. Republicans would have demanded an investigation to find who was responsible for the violence and been right to do so.

There can be no soft-pedaling what happened and no absolution for those who planned, encouraged and aided the attempt to overthrow our democracy. Love of country demands nothing less. That’s true patriotism."

by Anonymousreply 98January 6, 2022 3:22 PM

R96, you made me think that was perhaps in part the strategy... the media only replays the hardest hitting parts this way.

by Anonymousreply 99January 6, 2022 3:23 PM

It's about time we got wise about playing the media game and understanding the value of sound bites, not 100 page powerpoints on a website.

by Anonymousreply 100January 6, 2022 3:24 PM

The only thing I wish Pres. Biden had said, and I know he didn't for legal reasons, is that Trump's main aim at overturning the election was so he could continue to enjoy a level of legal protections from prosecution he no longer enjoys.

by Anonymousreply 101January 6, 2022 3:24 PM

I wonder if this will do anything to affect Biden's historically low approval ratings.

by Anonymousreply 102January 6, 2022 3:27 PM

Once Trump got into the White House I firmly believe he thought "I'll stay here until I die so they can't get me".

by Anonymousreply 103January 6, 2022 3:27 PM

DL "fave" Miz Lindsey was in rare form today.

There has never been a more hypocritical politician in the history of the US and I suspect that in the future "to Graham" will mean to shape shift to align yourself with whoever you perceive is in power at the moment.

[quote] What brazen politicization of January 6 by President Biden. I wonder if the Taliban who now rule Afghanistan with al-Qaeda elements present, contrary to President Biden’s beliefs, are allowing this speech to be carried?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 6, 2022 3:27 PM

I don't think an "angry" speech is a good idea right now. In fact, it seems irresponsible. The country is stressed enough. Biden should be trying to ease tension, not inflame it. Yes, I know this will make some of your heads explode. Don't care if u don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 105January 6, 2022 3:31 PM

[quote] I am a lifelong liberal Democrat and a proud member of the LGBTQIA community but I don't think an "angry" speech is a good idea right now. In fact, it seems irresponsible. The country is stressed enough. Biden should be trying to ease tension, not inflame it. Yes, I know this will make some of your heads explode. Don't care if u don't like it.

Fixted

by Anonymousreply 106January 6, 2022 3:33 PM

Yes, R105. He should've invited Trump to join him and shake hands. Let me know when you get your head out of the sand and rejoin the reality around you.

by Anonymousreply 107January 6, 2022 3:34 PM

We MUST closely watch, know, and then respond, to them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 6, 2022 3:35 PM

Oh, stuff it, r105. It was a speech of honesty, patriotism, and assurance.

As Harry Truman said, "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell."

by Anonymousreply 109January 6, 2022 3:37 PM

[quote]I don't think an "angry" speech is a good idea right now. In fact, it seems irresponsible. The country is stressed enough. Biden should be trying to ease tension, not inflame it. Yes, I know this will make some of your heads explode. Don't care if u don't like it.

I AGREE.

by Anonymousreply 110January 6, 2022 3:37 PM

[quote]LGBTQIA community

What the hell is this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 111January 6, 2022 3:39 PM

R107 You're enjoying your delicious red meat, I get it. Still doesn't make it a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 112January 6, 2022 3:40 PM

R102, if you want to talk historically low approval ratings, your dear ex-leader Trump still holds that distinction. Nice try, MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 113January 6, 2022 3:41 PM

R105 is the Kumbaya Queen. Yes, dear, we all know how well that works.

by Anonymousreply 114January 6, 2022 3:43 PM

R112 = Casper Milquetoast.

by Anonymousreply 115January 6, 2022 3:45 PM

What a nice counterpoint this speech is to the sheer horror I was feeling one year ago.

by Anonymousreply 116January 6, 2022 4:09 PM

As loathsome as this is to me personally, I know it will have more effect on the Republicans I grew up with than anything else.

Manu Raju:

[quote] Dick and Liz Cheney the lone two Republicans in the House chamber as Pelosi opens up the floor for a moment of silence on Jan. 6, per @AnnieGrayerCNN

Jonathan Karl:

[quote] While most Republicans are MIA on Capitol Hill today, Dick Cheney is in the House chamber.

[quote] “It’s an important historical event,” Cheney told me, referring to the anniversary of the January 6 insurrection. “You can’t overestimate how important it is.”

[quote] Former VP Dick Cheney also just told me this:

[quote] “I’m deeply disappointed we don’t have better leadership in the Republican party to restore the Constitution.”

[quote] He noted that his daughter is an exception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 6, 2022 4:25 PM

As much as Biden's speech uplifted me today, r117 has shooketh me to my core. In a good way.

by Anonymousreply 118January 6, 2022 4:31 PM

Thanks, r48/OP.

by Anonymousreply 119January 6, 2022 4:35 PM

[quote][Schumer] is giving the most boring speech about Jan 6 that you could imagine. Wandering, without momentum.... like his leadership.

Wait, Schumer is giving a speech? Is it Sunday already?

by Anonymousreply 120January 6, 2022 4:36 PM

If R110 was alive in 1938, he'd be besties with Neville Chamberlain and willing to do anything to appease Hitler and his temper tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 121January 6, 2022 4:38 PM

This is exactly like the anti-Trump protests of 2018

by Anonymousreply 122January 6, 2022 4:39 PM

[drops mic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 6, 2022 4:56 PM

Well, I'll say this...

Trump nor the Republicans never saw that speech coming. Not like that. Not from Biden anyway. Yes, they probably expected a little "huff & puff" but nothing that was so manly and macho that would cause some to have to change their panties. But, Biden has given forceful and moving speeches before. The problem is that there is no follow up. There is NO WAY that any other POTUS with a drop of testosterone in him allow Manchin to get away with doing what he is doing right now. But... maybe, its still early. Maybe President Biden has a trump up his sleeve that will destroy both Manchin and Sinema.

by Anonymousreply 124January 6, 2022 4:57 PM

Always nice to hear from the "Why doesn't Joe just wave a magic wand?" contingent.

by Anonymousreply 125January 6, 2022 4:59 PM

[quote]There is NO WAY that any other POTUS with a drop of testosterone in him allow Manchin to get away with doing what he is doing right now.

There's nothing anyone can do about Manchin.

People act like Dem presidents should be LBJ, waving their dicks around and threatening people physically, but they forget that even LBJ gave up after the Nixon-Kissinger ratfuck treason stunt they pulled with North Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 126January 6, 2022 5:08 PM

I think Joe & Joe have an understanding. Manchin is up for re-election in Hillbilly Holler, so he has to act like he is outraged. But soon he'll say they have reached some sort of agreement, and BBB will pass.

I'm sure Biden & Co. deliberately asked for way more than they wanted. You never submit your bare minimum up front.

by Anonymousreply 127January 6, 2022 5:14 PM

As for Garland, look. I remember too well how eager and optimistic I was when Mueller took over the investigation of Trump's interference in 2016 election. End of the day, Mueller caved. I was so disappointed and disheartened. Now we have Garland. He presented a litany of their "accomplishments." Frankly I was embarrassed at how few arrests were made. We had thousands of insurrectionists breaching the Capitol. Less than 1,000 have been charged. But I am also concerned at how narrow Garland's focus is. The DoJ is so focused on the terrorists who violently breached the building, there seems to be very little focus on who planned it, financed it and conceived it, and when the plans began? The other problem I have is that as far as I know the Department of Justice has not impaneled a Grand Jury, they have no issued subpoenas, etc. Which is what you do in an investigation. The House Select Committee has done these things, but not the DoJ. So my fear is that like Mueller, Garland will be focused narrowly to avoid "politics." Right now we need to eliminate the filibuster, pass voting rights, and expand the Supreme Court. And we need to ban anyone who actively participated in the insurrection from holding public office, because there are insurrectionists running in every state and the state legislatures are shitting all over voting rights. I predict Biden's ratings will go up when he acts strong, decisive and tough.

by Anonymousreply 128January 6, 2022 5:17 PM

[quote]There's nothing anyone can do about Manchin.

Sure, there is....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 6, 2022 5:25 PM

[quote] Schumer is a total dud.

What do you expect? He's from New York.

by Anonymousreply 130January 6, 2022 5:32 PM

The trolling around here is off the charts lately

by Anonymousreply 131January 6, 2022 5:34 PM

Oh goody, one of the asshole "NYC is a shithole" TROLL. Die in a grease fire, cunt R130.

Remind us where you live?

by Anonymousreply 132January 6, 2022 5:38 PM

Is there a fee paid for making that 'the trolling around here is off the charts lately' post because I see it daily at a minimum and I can always use some more money.

by Anonymousreply 133January 6, 2022 5:39 PM

[Quote] ... goody, one of the asshole "NYC is a shithole" TROLL. Die in a grease fire, cunt [R130].

Remind us where you live?

Kasmov, Russia

by Anonymousreply 134January 6, 2022 5:42 PM

The trolls have been deplatformed from other channels so they come here. They are that desperate for attention . It’s not fun to just post on places like Telegram and Gab because that audience doesn’t push back (and has worms for brains)

by Anonymousreply 135January 6, 2022 5:46 PM

President Biden suddenly looks so old. He has aged a lot in just a year.

I don’t say this as a criticism though: it’s just a sad fact. In some ways, the presidency came to him too late. However, he was definitely the right man to take the office away from Trump. If the American democratic system endures, Biden will be a big part of the reason why. He deserves gratitude from everyone who wants that to happen.

I’m fervently hoping that the American people turn out to support him in the mid-terms too. He deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 136January 6, 2022 5:51 PM

I'm watching the speech now.

Amazing. Hope it goes into the record books as one of the best

by Anonymousreply 137January 6, 2022 5:59 PM

Next up, Jen Psaki:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 6, 2022 6:04 PM

R136 He is not perfect but he’s taken on the presidency at an extremely tough time and he’s proving to be such a steady hand. I am still very much his supporter.

by Anonymousreply 139January 6, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]I don't think an "angry" speech is a good idea right now. In fact, it seems irresponsible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 6, 2022 6:10 PM

And yet, Biden's Justice Department will not even consider charges against the Orange Turd. Lit of sound and fury signifying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 141January 6, 2022 6:16 PM

It won’t convince anyone in the MAGA cult.

by Anonymousreply 142January 6, 2022 6:18 PM

It doesn’t have to r142. It just needs to energise those who voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 143January 6, 2022 6:22 PM

Has anyone castigated OP for his stupid Buzzfeed/Drag Race-esque headline that simplifies and in fact lessens the impact of what Biden said in his speech, making it all about him saying a few lines about Trump, and diminishing the very real threat to American democracy, thus weakening the impact of the speech and further adding fuel to the "they're being partisan!" complainants on the right?

by Anonymousreply 144January 6, 2022 6:23 PM

The trolls who always attack Biden over his age (they're almost always "oh I'm a Democrat, but..." type) are blatantly obvious. Distract from what he's actually saying and talk about his age, so you don't have to engage with the statements.

by Anonymousreply 145January 6, 2022 6:24 PM

What Psaki is doing is what they all have to do now... not back down, keep hitting hard, force people to confront the facts about the vermin. No going back to Mr. Nice Bipartisan. Kick them in the nuts until they give up or at least shut up. This has to be the fiercest, most vicious mid term in the history of voting.

by Anonymousreply 146January 6, 2022 6:31 PM

Just 300 days to midterms, everyone. Keep it up!

by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2022 6:40 PM

R147 We can do this!!!

by Anonymousreply 148January 6, 2022 6:54 PM

Has anyone castigated R144 for being a pompous blowhard, just like Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 149January 6, 2022 7:00 PM

[quote]Just 300 days to midterms, everyone. Keep it up!

Keep what up?

by Anonymousreply 150January 6, 2022 7:02 PM

Meanwhile, Trump is still roaming free and Republicans are going to take Congress. Keep it up with the tranny woke shit.

by Anonymousreply 151January 6, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote] R67 Unfortunately people don't give a shit about what happened last year on January 6th. They care about the present: gas prices, inflation, crime.

It's good, however, that the FBI still has your phone records from a year ago. Still hiding in your parents' basement?

by Anonymousreply 152January 6, 2022 7:15 PM

R140 Iraq War architect Bill Kristol? Feh!

by Anonymousreply 153January 6, 2022 7:20 PM

Exactly, R143. He only needs to fire up the Democratic base, which is the one thing the Rethugs are terrified of the most.

by Anonymousreply 154January 6, 2022 7:21 PM

Fire up the Democratic base while the Republican base continues to "own" us by dying from COVID -- CHECK! Thanks, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 155January 6, 2022 7:34 PM

I'd love to time-travel back to 2004-05 and tell people we love Bush, the Cheneys, the Neocons, and the big government entities now. It would be hilarious if it weren't so astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 156January 6, 2022 7:37 PM

It is sort of sad that W himself did not joiin the Cheneys.

Or more forcefully speak out against Trump.

What does he have to lose? (He does have the Mexican nephew running in Texas, but so what)

by Anonymousreply 157January 6, 2022 8:16 PM

Datalounge isn't exactly the PBS News Hour, r144.

by Anonymousreply 158January 6, 2022 8:19 PM

DOJ has not gone after the senators and Trump. This is bullshit. The fix is in.

by Anonymousreply 159January 6, 2022 8:25 PM

Words without actions are meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 160January 6, 2022 8:28 PM

[quote]Datalounge isn't exactly the PBS News Hour, [R144].

It is for porn. That's gotta count for something.

by Anonymousreply 161January 6, 2022 8:34 PM

What "fix," R159? Actually, forget I asked.

by Anonymousreply 162January 6, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote] There is NO WAY that any other POTUS with a drop of testosterone in him allow Manchin to get away with doing what he is doing right now.

Misogynist POS.

by Anonymousreply 163January 6, 2022 8:41 PM

[quote] The so-called patriots will be held accountable for the insurrection - at EVERY level.

No they won’t.

by Anonymousreply 164January 6, 2022 8:42 PM

Joe nailed it. Now lock the former one up!

by Anonymousreply 165January 6, 2022 8:48 PM

Reading?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 6, 2022 8:50 PM

r159 is also anti-Fauci.

by Anonymousreply 167January 6, 2022 8:51 PM

[quote]President Biden suddenly looks so old. He has aged a lot in just a year.

Well, he is old. What's wrong with that? He's health and very competent. I just wish that they would give him a railing (and that he uses it) whenever he uses stairs

by Anonymousreply 168January 6, 2022 8:52 PM

[quote]What does he have to lose? (He does have the Mexican nephew running in Texas, but so what)

Now, now R157: Papa Bush famously dubbed Jeb's! children "the little brown ones."

by Anonymousreply 169January 6, 2022 8:53 PM

I’ve been stopping by FOX news today. It’s like Jan 6 NEVER happened.

by Anonymousreply 170January 6, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote]DOJ has not gone after the senators and Trump.

Well, "someone" is jittery. Ted Cruz (of all people) is now calling Jan 6 the "Terrorist Attack"

by Anonymousreply 171January 6, 2022 8:55 PM

Fat bitch Cruz is accurate for once. Where did you see that, R171?

by Anonymousreply 172January 6, 2022 8:56 PM

Not surprising, r170.

by Anonymousreply 173January 6, 2022 8:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 6, 2022 8:58 PM

r172...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 6, 2022 8:58 PM

I wonder if Cruz is nervous after Peter Navarro name-dropped his ass in that interview with Ari Melber on MSNBC the other night.

by Anonymousreply 176January 6, 2022 8:59 PM

Lindsey belongs in jail, too, don't forget. He called the Georgia Secretary of State and asked him to throw out ballots. We just don't know how involved the Senatrice was in the planning of the violence at the Capitol yet. A lot of these Republican pieces of shit are getting nervous and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 177January 6, 2022 9:00 PM

Pence and his entire staff are cooperating without being forced. Pause and think about that for a minute. Don't you think that they're going to name some names? Not trashy, trailer park MAGA names, but big names? Pence isn't going to throw his political aspirations away and get nothing for it. He's charisma free, not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 178January 6, 2022 9:05 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 179January 6, 2022 9:08 PM

There is nothing more psychotic than the parasitic right-wing calling Biden's speech "divisive." Motherfuckers, you try to burn down my house and I call you out and you think I'm the problem??? Sick, terrorist fucks.

by Anonymousreply 180January 6, 2022 9:09 PM

Just last night I was thinking Mother might be our next Republican First Lady.

Predictions Thread 2024 or 2028? Michael Richard Pence is only 61 years old.

by Anonymousreply 181January 6, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote]There is nothing more psychotic than the parasitic right-wing calling Biden's speech "divisive." Motherfuckers, you try to burn down my house and I call you out and you think I'm the problem??? Sick, terrorist fucks.

Just anger. They’re right. Divisive.

by Anonymousreply 182January 6, 2022 9:15 PM

[quote]Pence and his entire staff are cooperating without being forced.

I've been thinking about Pence today and before you lose your shit I am not trying to redeem him.

But - maybe he will find his way to a place where he redeems himself.

He is never going to be President by any reasonable expectation. He is deeply Christian and attached to that should be some fealty to truth and honesty and morality (and I know, I know... they can twist anything.)

But maybe he has come to realize there is a place for him the history books that isn't amongst the cabal he got in league with. Maybe Mother in a Mother kind of way is Mike, WTF? I don't rate it highly but I don't rule it out because Mike Pence, while many things that should make him hang his head in shame, he isn't stupid. He might just have worked this out. But probably not.

by Anonymousreply 183January 6, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote]I've been thinking about Pence today

This is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 184January 6, 2022 9:27 PM

The people Cruz is referring to in his terrorist attack remark are the Capitol police who attacked an innocent group of patriots.

by Anonymousreply 185January 6, 2022 9:27 PM

"For Republicans, there was no allegation too small to investigate with respect to Sec. Clinton, but now there is no scandal too big to ignore for Donald Trump." - Elijah Cummings (RIP) Dec. 2, 2016

by Anonymousreply 186January 6, 2022 9:28 PM

You're right, R182!

We should just let y'all smear feces all over the walls of the Capitol. We should pretend the riot never happened. That yuns never tried to kill Pelosi, Pence, and the rest of our representatives. We should just forgive and forget that you people think that the votes of 81 million Americans don't matter. We should just ignore that you'll just try it again and again and again, until you succeed.

Just kidding. We shouldn't. And we won't. Get bent, fuckweed.

by Anonymousreply 187January 6, 2022 9:28 PM

R185, someone should tell Tucker, then.

by Anonymousreply 188January 6, 2022 9:28 PM

R187 is desperate to lose in 22 and 24.

by Anonymousreply 189January 6, 2022 9:29 PM

I was wondering why I already had r182 on ignore. thanks for showing me I made the right decision, R187

by Anonymousreply 190January 6, 2022 9:30 PM

Interesting, isn't it, r170, given Trumptards like to say it was all FBI and Antifa that was running the gig with the Deep State, financed by George Soros.

Yet they don't want it televised, never mind investigated.

by Anonymousreply 191January 6, 2022 10:07 PM

R189 = Vichy.

by Anonymousreply 192January 6, 2022 10:08 PM

Right R191? You'd think they'd want proof of that. Proof it was all another one of their many, many "false flags".

We know why they don't want it investigated for real, though. They'd have to accept reality. Really accept it. And they don't DO reality.

by Anonymousreply 193January 6, 2022 10:10 PM

Well, the FBI and "ANTIFA" are surely awesome at hiring because almost every fucking turd who showed up at the Capitol was right out of central casting for a Trump flying monkey.

by Anonymousreply 194January 6, 2022 10:12 PM

[quote] There is NO WAY that any other POTUS with a drop of testosterone in him allow Manchin to get away with doing what he is doing right now.

And what exactly do you think the President can do to Manchin? Fire him?

It's best to let people like that hang themselves. And eventually he will.

by Anonymousreply 195January 6, 2022 10:13 PM

Anybody who says that January 6 shouldn't be "politicized" should be told, "You know, you're right. The insurrectionists incited by TDFG wanted to murder Pelosi AND Pence."

Or maybe just say, "FOAD."

by Anonymousreply 196January 6, 2022 10:14 PM

I've had moments in my past life when I should have, and deserved to, place more value on myself.

In the worst depths of my valueless moments, however, I can, with a pure heart, know I'd never have placed such a low value on myself as a person, and as an American, as to find common cause with the lowdown likes of Donald Trump.

Trumpers. What happened to you? Why do you place such low value on yourselves? Why do you devalue being an American?

You're in an abusive, mental and emotional domestic violence relationship with the world's biggest LOSER- Donald Trump.

Ugh. Your debasing of yourselves is a pitiful sight.

by Anonymousreply 197January 6, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote]He is deeply Christian

He worships GOP Jesus, r183. So no, he isn't deeply Christian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 6, 2022 10:20 PM

I think it is **fucking hilarious** to hear posters complaining that Joe was “divisive.” It’s hilarious!!!!! Yes, yes, yes….it IS divisive you stupid whores. Joe drew a line in the mother. Fucking. Sand. To everything a season, a time for war, a time for peace, whores. This is a time for war, so YEAH, Joe was purposefully divisive. You either believe in democracy or you don’t, and goddamn, let’s get this on. You’re against democracy? Let’s go. You’re against “divisive” after Trump? Let’s dance. You’re against truth. Let’s go!!! We are tired of waiting for the fight, the fight is right here, right now.

If you are too much of a pussy to handle your President calling out LIES, then turn in your human being card today. You don’t deserve this country anymore, and there are many of us who are done with your asses, and we will use the legal system to the fullest of its abilities to ruin you.

by Anonymousreply 199January 6, 2022 10:21 PM

I've said this before and I'll say it again: There is nothing you could say in the way of defending Trump or show yourself as a supporter of that stupid, orange buffoon and win an argument. To be a supporter of that overgrown, petulant toddler immediately renders you a loser and trash. "Republican" "Democrat" "Liberal" "Conservative" - all meaningless labels . If you are a Trump supporter, your income is meaningless, your race, sexuality, religion, gender - all meaningless. You are T R A S H full-stop.

by Anonymousreply 200January 6, 2022 10:23 PM

If Pence brought down Trump and every Republican POS that collaborated on January 6…would he have a chance as President? I think he might!

Not that I would vote for him but some Boomers probably would.

by Anonymousreply 201January 6, 2022 10:26 PM

Preach, r199!

by Anonymousreply 202January 6, 2022 10:26 PM

W&W for R200. Well said, sir or madam.

by Anonymousreply 203January 6, 2022 10:26 PM

I want Biden to show up at Graham's house and clock him right across the fat jaw.

by Anonymousreply 204January 6, 2022 10:26 PM

Not the face! Not the face!

by Anonymousreply 205January 6, 2022 10:32 PM

Lady Graham is probably pissed as fuck that she persuaded the fat blob to cancel his own speech today.

by Anonymousreply 206January 6, 2022 10:40 PM

I didn't hear most of the orange turd's speech last January 6 but I listened to it today. At least as much as I could stomach before turning it off. He lies with such ease, he is truly a monster. Smug, smarmy, and utterly corrupt. I have no respect for anyone who supports him. What stupid fools they are.

Bravo Joe Biden, you delivered an honest, direct speech today, calling out loser don for what he is. A sad, lying, corrupt piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 207January 6, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]If Pence brought down Trump ... would he have a chance as President? I think he might! Not that I would vote for him but some Boomers probably would.

R201: Keep drinking the "divide and conquer"-flavored Kool Aid; donald's depending on you, Milly.

by Anonymousreply 208January 6, 2022 11:08 PM

The same people whining about Biden calling out that anti-American, fascist scumbag are the same people who constantly whine about others being triggered snowflakes. Deplorables are every. fucking. thing they accuse others of being.

by Anonymousreply 209January 6, 2022 11:17 PM

Did anyone else hear Stephanie Grisham say that not only was that fuckhead enjoying what he was seeing and doing the "all for me!" giddy laugh, but he was REWINDING to watch it again? SCUM.

by Anonymousreply 210January 6, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote]I'd love to time-travel back to 2004-05 and tell people we love Bush, the Cheneys, the Neocons, and the big government entities now. It would be hilarious if it weren't so astonishing.

I've somehow missed the posters here or anywhere on DL who say they "love" these people and entities.

What I see is posters pointing out that even garden-variety reprehensible Republicans are horrified at what Trump and crew have done and are doing. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, if only temporarily. You, of course, are trying to use that to score cheap political points. But we all see through you.

by Anonymousreply 211January 6, 2022 11:29 PM

Joe started to stammer when the TelePrompter slowed down.

by Anonymousreply 212January 6, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote]I'd love to time-travel back to 2004-05 and tell people we love Bush, the Cheneys, the Neocons, and the big government entities now. It would be hilarious if it weren't so astonishing.

I know!!

by Anonymousreply 213January 6, 2022 11:35 PM

Trump during the speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214January 6, 2022 11:35 PM

^and your Orange pus-filled infection made a poo-poo in his panties r212.

by Anonymousreply 215January 6, 2022 11:36 PM

You call it age, I call it experience. Trump delegated everything out to smart people. Joe does it himself.

by Anonymousreply 216January 6, 2022 11:39 PM

The real question, r212, is if Joe had covfefe with his hamberder.

by Anonymousreply 217January 6, 2022 11:39 PM

Oh my sides r216!

by Anonymousreply 218January 6, 2022 11:40 PM

R216, Hahaha! "Smart people"! Hahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 219January 6, 2022 11:42 PM

LOL, R216! Must we run down how many of Trump's people have been arrested or are in jail? Are you new here or just retarded? Both?

by Anonymousreply 220January 6, 2022 11:42 PM

"They call me MR. LOSER!," roared donald.

by Anonymousreply 221January 6, 2022 11:43 PM

Does this diseased traitor trash really think we can’t see through him?

by Anonymousreply 222January 6, 2022 11:44 PM

R197 Isn't it ironic that they are worshipping a multi-millionaire con man who is really an East Coast Democrat who lived in a golden tower in the heart of New York City, who continues to fleece the very people who support him day after day after day.

He claimed he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and never lose a voter. He's right. And if he said, if I shot a MAGA supporter in the Mississippi delta, I'd never lose a voter (not that he'd ever step foot there). He'd still be right. He would run these people over just to cross the street if he had to. And they don't care. They are truly taken by the golden calf.

If I wasn't seeing it for myself, I wouldn't believe it. These people are beyond stupid and deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 223January 6, 2022 11:46 PM

There is some talk of making Jan. 6 a Federal Holiday. Not sure how I feel about that.

by Anonymousreply 224January 6, 2022 11:47 PM

R211, apparently some people don't seem to understand that being aligned with Cheney on this *specific* issue is an example of "My enemy's enemy..."

I'm so glad Biden highlighted a point that so many have been making over the past year, but the god damned media never question the Republican assholes about it: How do you Republicans have the nerve to either deny, deflect or outright claim fraud with ballots Biden won when a Republican won on the SAME ballot? Chuck Todd on one of these douchebags on today and he did everything to avoid answering "Did Biden win?" but Todd never asked him, "Then how the fuck did YOU win on that same ballot?"

by Anonymousreply 225January 6, 2022 11:48 PM

The way his luck has turned for the worse, methinks donald is running low on covfefe. Time to run down to Hell for a refill.

by Anonymousreply 226January 6, 2022 11:50 PM

R223, because while the media did everything to deny the obvious, most of us knew precisely why they gravitated to him: His toxic bigotry and racism. People forget that was the moment he became the front-runner. The moment his entire platform became demonizing people, he became the front-runner. The GOP had been doing that for decades, but not so proudly and loudly as Trump. All that fucking orange clown did is say out loud what the avg GOPer thinks. Hate, scapegoating, fear-mongering - that's why Tucker Carlson is the most popular shit in the turd pile at FOX. Because he plays off of that fear and hate.

Trump is such an elitist he would sooner be among Hollywood LIBERAL celebs than any of these imbeciles who worship him. He has no respect for people who served, no concern for people who suffer, no empathy for anyone period. His flying monkeys are scum. I have no need to in any way "humanize" those who cheered on the dehumanization of others.

by Anonymousreply 227January 6, 2022 11:57 PM

Trump doesn’t keep his promises. He is not great.

by Anonymousreply 228January 7, 2022 12:02 AM

[quote] Trump delegated everything out to incompetent putzes.

There, fixed that for ya.

by Anonymousreply 229January 7, 2022 12:08 AM

Since when is Pence himself cooperating with the Jan. 6 committee? I've read that a few of Pence's former staff are cooperating, and Liz Cheney was quoted saying that she "looks forward" to Pence's cooperation - but there has been no confirmation that her statement was anything more than wishful thinking, and I believe it will remain wishful thinking. Pence will no more cooperate with the Jan. 6 committee than sprout wings and fly to the moon.

by Anonymousreply 230January 7, 2022 12:20 AM

How does the Heritage Foundation now expect to be taken seriously with cowardly Pence heading it up? I mean they were always known as some conservative think-tank, but now, they're insurrectionist enablers.

by Anonymousreply 231January 7, 2022 12:32 AM

carlson just tonight said that the f.b.i. is on purpose ignoring and dropping the case of a arizona man who in his words was a secret plant by the government to stir up trump supporters and that he wasn't alone, the biggest scandal in u.s. history that the government and f.b.i. had plants from their ranks to make this protest into a mob!...

say what??????????????

oh yeah, he also stated that v.p. Harris was comparing january 7 to 9/11.. NO, she was saying among the horrible dates in our nation's history there was december 7, 1941, september 11, 2001 and january 6, 2021.. she wasn't comparing them, she wasn't saying they were equal, she wasn't saying that one was worse than the other! all context and nuance, carlson knows his morons viewers are too stupid to understand and will not take the whole whopping 10 seconds to comprehend his comment is ridiculous and wrong!..

by Anonymousreply 232January 7, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote] carlson just tonight said that the f.b.i. is on purpose ignoring and dropping the case of a arizona man who in his words was a secret plant by the government to stir up trump supporters and that he wasn't alone, the biggest scandal in u.s. history that the government and f.b.i. had plants from their ranks to make this protest into a mob!...

Kids, drugs are bad!

by Anonymousreply 233January 7, 2022 12:46 AM

Lest we forget, Fucker's son was at the Insurrection. Perhaps he wants really, really, really badly to discredit the entire thing because his worthless son was a bad boy during the J6 riot?

by Anonymousreply 234January 7, 2022 12:48 AM

R223. Did you say “lived in a golden tower” or “lived in a golden shower”?

I guess both apply.

by Anonymousreply 235January 7, 2022 12:56 AM

R227 A friend of mine said that everything for the Orange Turd would change if Michael Bloomberg invited him to lunch on a daily basis. You said it... all he wants, all he cares about, is being part of the elite club that continues to shun him. A good example is the NFL - they denied him ever owning a team, and that's all he wanted; to be part of their exclusive club. If the Hollywood libs invited him to join the Academy, he'd do it in a heartbeat, cause it's all he cares about. He is so desperate for their acceptance, that even becoming President of the United States didn't satiate his desire and unwielding quench for their open arms to join their club.

by Anonymousreply 236January 7, 2022 1:41 AM

I picture it going something like this, r210...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 7, 2022 1:45 AM

So Trump’s basically the retarded version of Syndrome, the villain from The Incredibles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 7, 2022 1:50 AM

I LOVE YOU, R237 - Marry me, PLEASE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 239January 7, 2022 1:51 AM

FWIW, Miz Lindz got dragged pretty badly today.

As in Twitter had one of their little "let us explain why this is trending" boxes that said something like "People are harshly criticizing Graham for the hypocrisy of his remarks."

by Anonymousreply 240January 7, 2022 2:07 AM

[quote]Trump delegated everything out to smart people.

Oh, yes. If I recall, Eric Trump's wedding planner was given some high up position at HUD.

by Anonymousreply 241January 7, 2022 2:07 AM

Trump delegated everything out to people who were smarter than he was. Which is, of course, a massive pool.

by Anonymousreply 242January 7, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote] Pence and his entire staff are cooperating without being forced. Pause and think about that for a minute. Don't you think that they're going to name some names? Not trashy, trailer park MAGA names, but big names? Pence isn't going to throw his political aspirations away and get nothing for it. He's charisma free, not stupid.

This is all political theater. Nothing with happen. Everyone knows everyone is owes someone a favor.

by Anonymousreply 243January 7, 2022 2:12 AM

[quote] Lest we forget, Fucker's son was at the Insurrection.

Link.

by Anonymousreply 244January 7, 2022 2:13 AM

Remember when Trump's yeti campaign manager, Brad Parscale, was tackled by SWAT in his own driveway, after beating the hell out of his wife? He was drunk and sobbing link a bitch.

What a genius!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 7, 2022 2:14 AM

For R244

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 7, 2022 2:16 AM

R245 wasn't he another Hore Hicks conquest?

by Anonymousreply 247January 7, 2022 2:16 AM

Remember when Orange Anus's OTHER campaign chief was arrested? You know, Paul Manafort? Yeah, wow. Another genius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 7, 2022 2:18 AM

[quote] I don't think an "angry" speech is a good idea right now. In fact, it seems irresponsible. The country is stressed enough. Biden should be trying to ease tension, not inflame it. Yes, I know this will make some of your heads explode. Don't care if u don't like it.

No. Just no, R105.

Tensions rose dramatically between 2016 and 2020. Then came the pandemic which also “inflamed” things further.

Prior to the January 6th anniversary speech, Biden has attempted to heal the polarization within the USA.

However, as others have noted, his speech today rightly acknowledged what occurred on January 6th, 2021. There is NO getting around this fact.

The insurrection challenged democracy within the country - the very foundations that support and create the USA. To deny or not acknowledge this fact would only further erode the bedrock that sustains the USA.

It is not being “divisive” to call out that which erodes the foundation of the country. The insurrection is a manifestation of all sorts of ills that PLAGUE the United States. To deny this would only enable further rot and disease to fester and spread throughout the body politic.

If you want to call out anyone for being “DIVISIVE”, R105, rightly shift your focus to those who were “irresponsible” and DANGEROUSLY incited and performed the events of the attack on the Capitol on January 6th, 2021.

PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 249January 7, 2022 2:18 AM

If the Orange Anus does wear diapers, I hope he shat voluminous diarrhea during the speech, speckled with last night's corn. And that his kids had to smell it all the while, with nary a scrunched nose, so as not to disturb their inheritances.

by Anonymousreply 250January 7, 2022 2:21 AM

I would post links to all of the "smart" people who Dump delegated stuff to, but I'm curling my ass hair tonight so I don't have that kind of time.

I had to share the one of Parscale getting tackled in his driveway while he cries, though. I do love that there's video of that one. I hope to see a similar one of Gaetz and Greene, for a hat trick.

by Anonymousreply 251January 7, 2022 2:23 AM

Hi R251,

Forgive me if you've already seen this but posting just to make sure you're fully up to speed with the breaking news before your big night.

Remember the guy who flew from Michigan to DC to discuss how he could change their electoral votes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 7, 2022 2:29 AM

Excellent, r227! Elsewhere I read that his supporters love Trump not for what they hope he will do for them, but rather for what they trust he will do against the groups they hate.

They love the violence of Trump the Sadist.

by Anonymousreply 253January 7, 2022 2:38 AM

Lee Chatfield's completely unsurprising educational background:

[quote] Education: Liberty University, Northland Camp & Conference Center

by Anonymousreply 254January 7, 2022 2:39 AM

Chatfield is serving up the wholesome right wing Republican Christian values we've come to expect!

3,2,1..."the family asks for privacy at this time..."

by Anonymousreply 255January 7, 2022 2:40 AM

That's a FULL STOP, R249! 😉👍

by Anonymousreply 256January 7, 2022 2:45 AM

R252, thank you for that news.

Who's surprised he's a pedo sister-fucker? Anyone? Anyone? Only the MAGA, eh? Typical of their kind and of Liberty U.

by Anonymousreply 257January 7, 2022 2:47 AM

But r187, HALF of those "81 million votes" for Brandon were frauds! Dead people voting! Twenty mail-ins per demonrat!

In addition, George Soros gave money to the FBI to rig the voting machines for Biden, and everyone knows it.

People went to the Capitol to STOP a coup, not perpetrate one!

by Anonymousreply 258January 7, 2022 2:57 AM

I don't know but I think this is part of the problem.

This guy worked for Kevin McCarthy for six years but only left because January 6th exposed the latter to be a shitty boss? Really?

While I appreciate him speaking out and giving perspective, I still have to wonder how many more like him are willing to go along with the flow because, simply, Liz doesn't have enough staff positions for them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259January 7, 2022 3:06 AM

Did anyone else have a Vincenzo Pentangelli flashback moment when Dick Cheney appeared alongside his daughter/Select Committee Co-Chair Liz Cheney this morning?

Something tells me pants across the country were soiled at the reminder that Liz Cheney walks softly and carries a Big Dick. Dick Cheney - the man who shot his hunting buddy accidentally and the poor man publicly apologized for getting shot.

I'll bet there were some interesting small dinner groupings around D.C. this week.

by Anonymousreply 260January 7, 2022 3:14 AM

Who's Brandon?

by Anonymousreply 261January 7, 2022 3:23 AM

R260, Was he there to silence Liz, aka "Frankie Five Angels"?

R261 = Rip Van Winkle.

by Anonymousreply 262January 7, 2022 3:24 AM

No. To start, R262, he has emerged from the deep lagoon to jolt the "short eyes coalition" (donald, Gym Jordan, Gaetz, Maxwell, etc.) into cooperating. Never underestimate Cheney's knowing where all the bodies are buried; hell, he put many of them there himself.

by Anonymousreply 263January 7, 2022 4:03 AM

The Jan 6 vigil tonight at the D.C. jail, led by a former Trump campaign staffer, was pathetic as attendees burned their hands with short candles and only 15 activists showed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 7, 2022 4:13 AM

R149 yes it's pompous to care about democracy and not stupid cultist lingo that's already tired 🙄

by Anonymousreply 265January 7, 2022 4:24 AM

Oh, wow, I didn't know who Lee Chatfield was. I just had to look him up.

Because of course....

[quote]The alleged assaults began when the then-14 or 15-year-old girl attended Northern Michigan Baptist Bible Church and Northern Michigan Christian Academy

by Anonymousreply 266January 7, 2022 4:42 AM

"Lee Chatfield was partying with the trumps that day (1/6) he can be seen in the video that Jr released"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 7, 2022 4:44 AM

[quote] Something tells me pants across the country were soiled at the reminder that Liz Cheney walks softly and carries a Big Dick. Dick Cheney - the man who shot his hunting buddy accidentally and the poor man publicly apologized for getting shot. I'll bet there were some interesting small dinner groupings around D.C. this week.

Maybe in DC , R260, but elsewhere, I suspect that many of the people who were big Bush-Cheney fans have long abandoned the GOP and those dinner party conversations happened some time in 2017..

There has been a major sea change in who each party represents that is somewhat worrisome in the long term for Democrats. The GOP is now the party of the white working class and many of them wear their Trump-Love like a tribal badge.

Meanwhile, we are now the party of the educated upper middle class, the Meritocrats who run corporate America, the media and tech. We too also wear our Democratic politics like a badge.

They key will be if the GOP can retain those white working class voters post-Trump or if they will either abandon the GOP (best case) or just go back to being apathetic and rarely voting at all. (more likely outcome)

I suspect history will judge Trump harshly and that just as historians still spend lots of time speculating on how the Germans let Hitler seduce them, they will do the same with America and Trump

by Anonymousreply 268January 7, 2022 9:57 AM

[quote] ...white working class voters.. just go back to being apathetic and rarely voting at all. (more likely outcome)

R268, you nailed my thoughts completely! I just hope that version comes true. Having moved from California to Floriduh for the warm Caribbean waters in which to SCUBA, we now live amongst them.

I am continually amazed at the nonsense that I see everyday.

by Anonymousreply 269January 7, 2022 10:26 AM

Bob Woodward has come out and said trump isn't going to get prosecuted for the insurrection. So has Adam Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 270January 7, 2022 10:36 AM

Mmph, nice press for Joe

"Biden rediscovers his fighting spirit

In his most authoritative moment as president, Biden called on Americans to save their democracy"

by Anonymousreply 271January 7, 2022 10:47 AM

(yawn.... R272)

It's Jan 7th. What now

by Anonymousreply 273January 7, 2022 11:19 AM

R272 manages to be everything deplorable at once.

by Anonymousreply 274January 7, 2022 11:27 AM

Lindsey Graham is a moral coward. He was perfectly willing to sneak around making phone calls to SoS to steal ballots, and he would have co-signed the separate roster of "alternative" electors the GOP governors would submit to replace the legitimate electors. In fact, Lindsey would co-sign any sneaky, manipulative act he could get away with. But when he is exposed, when he is confronted by the results of his treachery, the violence, etc. that all his lying has provoked, he pisses all over himself. I would love it if he were charged with a crime in Georgia. Seriously charged. Even if he wriggled out of it, the fact that they back him against the wall is something I would love to see.

by Anonymousreply 275January 7, 2022 12:58 PM

Musical parody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 7, 2022 12:59 PM

I thought Biden would move past Trump and never speak of him again but it appears we’ll have another four years of Trump. Then 2024-2028 of Trump, then 2028-2032 of Trump. Splendid.

by Anonymousreply 277January 7, 2022 1:01 PM

Ugh! Just look at this...

To dumb ass R277; Biden would have GLADLY moved pas Trump (along with many of us) but he won't go away along with those like you who are keeping him current.

Y'all see hoe the unwashed do this? They try and turn it back on you or say that "both sides" are guilty, etc. BULL SHIT!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 7, 2022 1:10 PM

2016-2032: Trump Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 279January 7, 2022 1:12 PM

[quote] They try and turn it back on you or say that "both sides" are guilty, etc. BULL SHIT!!!

They were taught well by their Russian overlords. Whataboutism is an art form and a national pastime over there.

by Anonymousreply 280January 7, 2022 1:15 PM

I don't know why some of y'all don't have these trolls on ignore.

I can't see any of the trash posting.

by Anonymousreply 281January 7, 2022 1:15 PM

[quote]y'all

by Anonymousreply 282January 7, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote]I don't know why some of y'all don't have these trolls on ignore.

First of all, I really don't know how to do that nor have an interest in learning. BUT IMHO, we MUST keep an eye on the unwashed and respond appropriately. And, responding appropriately has been the problem for Democrats and others. If you DON'T KILL that roach that you first see then you only asking for more to come on in and spread.

by Anonymousreply 283January 7, 2022 1:19 PM

[quote]And, responding appropriately has been the problem for Democrats and others. If you DON'T KILL that roach that you first see then you only asking for more to come on in and spread.

You don’t “respond”, you’re just unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 284January 7, 2022 1:22 PM

R283 how do you not know? Are you new?

The trolls want attention and to try and "own the libs". Not even worth reading or responding to.

by Anonymousreply 285January 7, 2022 1:44 PM

No, Trump will likely never even be charged for the insurrection, and I believe that's because the dems know he's going to be brought down over his massive decades long tax evasion and Trump Corp. loan fraud the company engaged in since it was started.

Personally I don't care how they get him, as long as they get him. Taking most of his money away would probably be worse punishment for him than sending him to prison. He wouldn't live long if they took most of his money and all of his properties, and it would take that just to repay the government for all the money he's stolen from the taxpayers and the banks over the years.

by Anonymousreply 286January 7, 2022 2:17 PM

OP, on my best days, I agree with you, but I think you have more hope. I do agree that the government is most likely to try and pull a Capone on Trump by getting him on a technicality before sedition. I’ll take anything at this point.

by Anonymousreply 287January 7, 2022 2:23 PM

When you get to my age, hope is about all you can depend on.

by Anonymousreply 288January 7, 2022 2:26 PM

OMG! What is WRONG with these people????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 7, 2022 2:26 PM

That speech was not hope.

by Anonymousreply 290January 7, 2022 2:28 PM

R102 no because he's preaching to the choir.

by Anonymousreply 291January 7, 2022 2:39 PM

They're weak, corrupt and power/attention hungry, r289.

by Anonymousreply 292January 7, 2022 2:49 PM

Meaning what, r290?

Meaning what, r291, the entire viewing audience?

Biden served notice that his ideas of unity, comity, and prosperity stop way short of excusing crimes against the Republic, especially from her nominal leaders.

What we saw was not "divisive anger"; what we saw and heard was the outrage of a patriot shocked and repulsed to his core.

President Biden made clear---in tone, language, and demeanor---that he considered his speech location as hallowed ground that had briefly but dangerously been defiled by treasonous filthy (literally; Joe mentioned "defecation") Yahoos on a mission built on the lies of his predecessor, and that on his, Biden's, watch the government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from this earth.

Maybe, r291, "the choir" needed to hear this trenchant new "battle hymn."

by Anonymousreply 293January 7, 2022 2:53 PM

[quote]Maybe, [R291], "the choir" needed to hear this trenchant new "battle hymn."

It was a campaign speech. Move on already, or move OUT in 24.

by Anonymousreply 294January 7, 2022 2:55 PM

AGAIN, fucking hilarious that as are in divisive territory again. They want to talk about anything, anything, anything, but the CONTENT of the speech.

Yes, he drew a line in the sand — you can call it a “campaign speech” all you want, either way, you have to pick a side now. Go on r294, which side is it???? We all want to know.

by Anonymousreply 295January 7, 2022 3:08 PM

Neither side right now.

by Anonymousreply 296January 7, 2022 3:10 PM

AGAIN, my concern trolling moment, is that the Dems revert to form and stop being aggressive with this message. They need to plant this seed every day all day until voting day. If the Republicans won't take responsibility for themselves they must be deprived of the benefit of the doubt. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Democrats must (and can) erode enough trust in Republicans by swing and moderate voters to prevail next fall and in 2024 but it won't be by playing nice. They can play nice when they're in control.

by Anonymousreply 297January 7, 2022 3:11 PM

That’s not a good plan, kween. ^

by Anonymousreply 298January 7, 2022 3:16 PM

R296, then you’re a Dump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 300January 7, 2022 3:33 PM

[quote]apparently some people don't seem to understand that being aligned with Cheney on this *specific* issue is an example of "My enemy's enemy..."

Cheney and Bush laid the template for the modern day stolen election back in 2000.

Their administration is largely responsible (if not completely) for Trump and the modern day Republican party.

But please don't let facts get in the way of trotting out that tired ass quote to justify you loving some Republican whitewashing.

by Anonymousreply 301January 7, 2022 3:38 PM

Seeing an awful lot of "y'all's" and "-ass" language in this thread! This isn't Twitter. Let's keep it y'all free, please.

by Anonymousreply 302January 7, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote]But please don't let facts get in the way of trotting out that tired ass quote to justify you loving some Republican whitewashing.

"Black and white thinking is a thought pattern that makes people think in absolutes. For instance, you may think you are either always right or the world’s biggest failure. Psychologists consider this thought pattern to be a cognitive distortion because it keeps you from seeing life the way it really is: complex, uncertain, and constantly changing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 7, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote]Black and white thinking is a thought pattern that makes people think in absolutes

There are no absolutes in what I said, freeper. Trump is the symptom of a white supremacist party that has been out of control for decades now. He's not an anomaly as much as you desperately want him to be.

Go to Breitbart with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 304January 7, 2022 3:49 PM

I’m not a dump supporter, I’m just an extremist. Like you.

by Anonymousreply 305January 7, 2022 3:53 PM

As much as I loathe Bush and Cheney, I have to say I’m on the side of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.” If we are in the battle for the soul of this nation, we need every ally who believes that Dump, if he succeeds, will destroy our democracy. But I also understand why others wouldn’t feel that way.

by Anonymousreply 306January 7, 2022 3:54 PM

[quote]As much as I loathe Bush and Cheney, I have to say I’m on the side of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Oh no! R304 will call you a freeper!

by Anonymousreply 307January 7, 2022 3:56 PM

@R305

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 7, 2022 3:59 PM

Right now, and I cannot believe I’m even typing this, but the Cheney Clan are actual allies. We can throw them away once the threat is removed, but right now, we need them as much as they need our support too.

I have said since 2015 that the only sure fire way to get rid of Trump is that the GOP has to clean house and police their own. Until that happens, this movement will not stop. The Cheney and Kinzinger Clans represent that “inside job” that the GOP desperately needs. They need to give themselves the enema, it can’t come from us. Either way, I plan to help continuing the crushing of their movement, but our cause will be tremendously lifted by uniting with GOP’ers who believe in democracy. We have to recognize that they are in our coalition (for now). Again, they can be discarded later.

by Anonymousreply 309January 7, 2022 4:00 PM

I agree with r306. I lived through the nightmare of Bush/Cheney and I think Dick Cheney is evil incarnate, but he's more Neutral Evil.

Trump is just Chaotic Evil. And if the Cheneys can help us keep Trump away from the White House again, I am all for it.

Will I be voting for Liz when she inevitably runs for president? Fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 310January 7, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote]“the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Well, how is he your friend? What has he done specifically up to this point to help the democratic party out?

I'll wait.

And if he was so concerned about the threat that 45 posed to the country, why did he wait until now to speak out about it? The damage has long been done.

If you re

by Anonymousreply 311January 7, 2022 4:02 PM

Oh, and none of this will change as long as Rupert Murdoch is still with us.

He, the Koch brother (now one) and the Mercers are the triad of evil. Far be it for me to wish for someone's untimely demise, but I think the world would be better off without all of them.

by Anonymousreply 312January 7, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]but he's more Neutral Evil.

You're right. 9/11, the Iraq War, Katrina were all such minor events.

by Anonymousreply 313January 7, 2022 4:04 PM

Pres. Biden comes from a time when many politicians respected and practiced statesmanship. They are above lying down with dogs. They rise above others who demonstrate what trash they really are. They unwittingly show that the old saying "you're no better than anyone else" is certainly not true. There are plenty of people in Congress Pres. Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and other democrats are far better than.

by Anonymousreply 314January 7, 2022 4:05 PM

Trump has been using people for 50 years and yet people still line up to get used. I don’t get it. Trump hasn’t made life better for anyone other than the European hookers he marries.

by Anonymousreply 315January 7, 2022 4:08 PM

[quote]Oh, and none of this will change as long as Rupert Murdoch is still with us.

Ha! I was about to post something similar. We're looking at the wrong enemy. The enemy is Rupert Murdoch and the other 1/2 of the 1%. Trump's usefulness is done. THE PEOPLE should aim their anger and war against FOX and the other members of the Conservative Entertainment Media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 7, 2022 4:10 PM

But...but....I thought you really liked us now. It felt good!

by Anonymousreply 317January 7, 2022 4:13 PM

Sorry Liz, but you’re a cunt. Love you bestie!!!

by Anonymousreply 318January 7, 2022 4:14 PM

The fact is, on this, Liz Cheney, who I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw her, which wouldn't be far given the ballast she's carrying, is on the right side and doing the right thing. It costs nothing to acknowledge this. The purity test righteousness may feel good but it's a lot like orgasming with the guy you fucked 'cause there was nobody else.

by Anonymousreply 319January 7, 2022 4:16 PM

It doesn't matter in what terms Republicans denounce the events of January 6th. They still believe the election was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 320January 7, 2022 4:18 PM

R311, I’m referring specifically to Liz Cheney (and adjacently to her father), as well as people like Adam Kinzinger. And what have they done? They’re trying to bring down Dump and make him accountable for Jan. 6. That puts them on our side in this instance, so I think it’s a huge mistake to not allow that. Right now, that is the number one priority for democracy in this country.

by Anonymousreply 321January 7, 2022 4:19 PM

This all comes down to the Voting Rights Bill. Both Republicans and Democrats think that the other side is trying to rig elections. This won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 322January 7, 2022 4:21 PM

R272 blocked

by Anonymousreply 323January 7, 2022 4:22 PM

The mistake people on this thread are making is in assuming that the GOP cares about Trump. No, they care about their own political future.

by Anonymousreply 324January 7, 2022 4:24 PM

Yup r323, I already had whoever that is blocked. They’re bleating in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 325January 7, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote]This all comes down to the Voting Rights Bill. Both Republicans and Democrats think that the other side is trying to rig elections.

Nuh-Uh! Republicans KNOW that they are trying to rig elections and are attempting to outsmart the stupid Democrats to get it done.

by Anonymousreply 326January 7, 2022 4:31 PM

"They still believe the election was stolen."

Most of them also believe in the Magic Sky Fairy. So much for their belief system.

by Anonymousreply 327January 7, 2022 4:35 PM

But, they were just tourists...

by Anonymousreply 328January 7, 2022 4:36 PM

Drunk Jan6 Lindz will always be my FAVORITE Lindz!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 7, 2022 4:36 PM

^ Is there choice I don't know about? Because other than Drunk Lindz I've only ever seen Transference Ass Kissing Lindz and How Dare You, Suh? umbraged Lindz.

by Anonymousreply 330January 7, 2022 4:39 PM

Ya know... a part of me thinks that the only reason why Lindsey Graham is doing all of this is because he trying to write history where he will go down in the books for all of this mess rather than being remembered as Miss Lindsey along with her gentlemen callers.

by Anonymousreply 331January 7, 2022 4:46 PM

R326 Well, good luck convincing the majority of Republicans who thought there were "improprieties" in the last election that the Voting Rights Act is not a power grab.

by Anonymousreply 332January 7, 2022 4:47 PM

Sharing and re-tweeting videos on Twitter and liking tweets = "....raise your hand!" are ridiculous. They do NOTHING to stop Trump or MAGAts. It just gives people on Twitter a false sense that they've done their duty, so they can go back to sitting on their asses.

It's going to take volunteers at every level, donations, and hard work to beat them. If you haven't already started helping in some way, do it now. 2024 will be too late.

by Anonymousreply 333January 7, 2022 4:50 PM

Shouting the words "Big Lie" and "Insurrection" doesn't appear to have changed many minds. If anything, Republicans are more emboldened to not let the bill pass.

by Anonymousreply 334January 7, 2022 4:51 PM

I see the crybaby Nazi Trolls have FF'd this thread. You Nazi filth, you cowards, you self-loathing fags, you shitstains on the underwear of the nation, you sub-human pigs. DL has a troll problem and something needs to be done.

by Anonymousreply 335January 7, 2022 5:01 PM

What I don't understand is how even the most rabid left wingers agree with Republicans that allowing these Voting Rights Act will make it so they can never win an election again, yet they still delude themselves into thinking that it's simply about Trump, or that Republicans are motivated by loyalty to some extremist group, rather than just mundane self interest. Get your head out of your asses and try to think clearly for once.

by Anonymousreply 336January 7, 2022 5:04 PM

Check your settings R335. If the opening comment is showing lined out you probably have your F&F slider set lower than "asbestos eyeballs".

by Anonymousreply 337January 7, 2022 5:04 PM

There are much fewer real republican politicians left in Congress. Too many of them these days are just common criminals.

by Anonymousreply 338January 7, 2022 5:05 PM

Genius r313, the difference is our democracy will no longer be. It's barely functioning now. Another Trump administration and you can kiss it goodbye.

Pick your battles and stop being such a child. Maturity means you learn that you can't apply purity tests to everyone because you won't have anyone left, not even yourself.

by Anonymousreply 339January 7, 2022 5:06 PM

R335 frankly your post is as trollish as anything else on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 340January 7, 2022 5:07 PM

R331 that is a very silly theory.

by Anonymousreply 341January 7, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote] Genius [R313], the difference is our democracy will no longer be. It's barely functioning now.

How can you save something that both Democrats and Republicans agree is already not working? All these pleas about saving democracy are empty when even the most moderate members of each party disagree on how to restore faith in our elections.

by Anonymousreply 342January 7, 2022 6:22 PM

R176, what did Navarro say about Cruz?

by Anonymousreply 343January 7, 2022 8:51 PM

R343, he name-dropped Cruz and Gosar in this interview with Ari Melber about plotting January 6:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344January 7, 2022 9:02 PM

The best put down of Cruz I've read yet came from Trevor Noah.

"Cruz is a booger on the lip of democracy"

by Anonymousreply 345January 7, 2022 9:07 PM

Navarro must have really been feeling the heat to say all that, OMG!

by Anonymousreply 346January 7, 2022 9:08 PM

Navarro is either an idiot or feeling the heat. I'm not sure. He's always a big talker.

by Anonymousreply 347January 7, 2022 9:22 PM

You were right on both points. Navarro is and idiot and he's feeling the heat.

by Anonymousreply 348January 7, 2022 9:26 PM

Fucking MORON. But we will be the bigger morons if we don’t deal with these mother fuckers, it is indeed a war.

by Anonymousreply 349January 7, 2022 9:33 PM

Biden's speech was distinguished yet strong. Unfortunately the world is filled with intellectual and moral retards and nothing will get through to them but the babble of their echo chambers.

by Anonymousreply 350January 7, 2022 9:48 PM

This thread has 64 W&W's and yet some unknown number of deplorable posters have F&F it into getting greyed out, that is just fucking wrong, I am pretty sure it is no where near 64. Does anyone even know how many F&F's it takes to get a thread greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 351January 7, 2022 9:55 PM

The crux is that the Democratic leadership is too old and slow moving. Biden is probably too old to understand his faith in the old ways will carry the day. We needed voting rights passed by December 2021. Not July 2022. They needed to dump the filibuster 2 months into this government and CRUSHED the republican schemes. Everyone up to Trump should already be half-way through conspiracy trials.

by Anonymousreply 352January 7, 2022 9:55 PM

R294, You understood the literal part of the speech, the "what."

The speech was, besides serving notice and warning of what's coming to the insurrectionists, indeed a campaign call to ballot-box arms, to GOTFV.

But to ignore the real emotion behind it is to miss the "who" behind the "why."

by Anonymousreply 353January 7, 2022 10:00 PM

Democrats have a history of challenging election results, on even more nebulous grounds than the 2020 election.

[quote] starting with George W. Bush’s victory in the 2000 presidential election, Democrats contested election results after every Republican win.

Most notably, they also have a history of attempting to overturn state elections.

[quote] In January 2005, in the wake of Mr. Bush’s re-election, Democrats were more aggressive. Senator Barbara Boxer of California joined Representative Stephanie Tubbs Jones of Ohio to lodge a formal objection to Ohio’s electoral votes. The objection compelled Congress to spend two hours in debate, even though Mr. Bush won Ohio by more than 118,000 votes.

So if we put aside the question of whether it was right or wrong, why is it that those who object are spreading the "Big Lie" and are responsible for incitement and those Democrats who did the exact same thing previously were acting in good faith? Why are they pretending that merely questioning the last election, which was unprecedented due to the record number of mail in ballots where even supporters of Biden's victory say that there was most likely negligible fraud, considered a violation of democracy itself?

Why continue to beat this dream when even moderate and centrist Republicans admit that the last election was not without its problems? Why continue to beat this dream when Democrats are hoping to pass a bill that would in effect federalize all state elections? It's pure politics, that's why. And no matter where you fall in line, if you can't see the big picture, then you're just one of the mindless sheep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 7, 2022 10:25 PM

I think that one of the reasons threads get grayed out is that they start exhibiting unusual posting pattern, from a number of red-tagged posters or sock puppet troll accounts. Not 100% sure but I've noticed something like that lately.

by Anonymousreply 355January 7, 2022 10:27 PM

We heard you many times in this thread, Mrs. Cockgobbler @R154. Isn't there a board for Log Cabinettes you could infest?

by Anonymousreply 356January 7, 2022 10:30 PM

R354, sorry ^^

by Anonymousreply 357January 7, 2022 10:45 PM

I saw this starting this morning with a few of the conservative accounts.

Marc filed a strong percentage of the counter arguments the last administration tried in vain to use to overthrow the election. He's a beast.

It's crazy how well coordinated that side is. Just like yesterday when every one of them stayed on message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 7, 2022 10:46 PM

R354 Thanks for posting that.

by Anonymousreply 359January 7, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote]It's crazy how well coordinated that side is. Just like yesterday when every one of them stayed on message.

Yeah.... I find it amazing and admirable. There was a time that I had thought it were the Democrats who owned the internet. BOY! Was I wrong!!! I recall watching some program of where Conservatives are encouraged to go on line and post aggressively. etc. Then you have the troll farms. Like it or not, it's quite effective and Democrats have yet to come up with anything to counteract it.

by Anonymousreply 360January 7, 2022 11:15 PM

Marc Elias is a machine. America is lucky to have him on her side. If you're on Twitter, give him a follow. Really listen to what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 361January 7, 2022 11:15 PM

I love Elias. Thank God for people like him. People like him and those TX Dems who fight despite the Republican corruption, are the types who give me hope

by Anonymousreply 362January 7, 2022 11:19 PM

R360, I'll tell you what drives me insane about the internet: Most of what I watch on YT is innocuous and I'm never signed in, so I don't know WTF I get endless recommendations for that dwarf Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson or that fuckhead Tucker Carlson. Most every fucking recommended video is some horseshit about "destroying liberals."

by Anonymousreply 363January 7, 2022 11:24 PM

r342 the vast majority of the problem is coming from the Republican side, where they have fully embraced authoritarianism. It is not a "two-sides" issue.

I know you Bernie Bros want to "burn down the system" but you're delusional if you think that doesn't come with a cost you will not want to pay when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 364January 7, 2022 11:40 PM

[quote]I know you Bernie Bros want to "burn down the system"

Bernie Bros only want their student loans canceled. Once that's done they'll be worse than Tucker Carlson

by Anonymousreply 365January 7, 2022 11:56 PM

and speaking of Marc Elias

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366January 8, 2022 12:01 AM

[quote][R360], I'll tell you what drives me insane about the internet: Most of what I watch on YT is innocuous and I'm never signed in, so I don't know WTF I get endless recommendations for that dwarf Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson or that fuckhead Tucker Carlson. Most every fucking recommended video is some horseshit about "destroying liberals."

That seems to be a constant battle that YouTube has with the Right/Conservative wing, R363. I recall that happening non-stop when Trump ran against Hillary. YouTube has sworn that they had no idea about it--maybe that's true. Anyway, what happened was the Right was able to figure out the YouTube algorithm and then pushed out nothing but Conservative propaganda. Anyone remember Right Side Media? The one man shop that started with only $400 (if that) and broadcasted live (via YouTube) all of the Trump rallies live? Anyway. this placed Hillary and Democrats at a severe disadvantage re the internet. What shocks me is that Democrats never caught onto this.

Anyway, YouTube "Says" that it has a handle on that now. However, every now and then it rears its head back up. About a month or two ago I was being pushed everything Candace Owen until I raised hell about it. I reported channels, I called YouTube, etc and miraculously it stopped. YOU HAVE TO FIGHT BACK! That's something that Democrats clearly do not know how to do.

by Anonymousreply 367January 8, 2022 12:12 AM

Something else interesting today is that this is the second major MAGA account I've heard complaining today about a plummet in their follower count.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 8, 2022 12:16 AM

But didn't Anusmouth and his rottweiler Marge tell the festering bowl of dogsnot that is MAGA to leave twitter? It would make sense that the little bitches deactivated their accounts, as ordered.

by Anonymousreply 369January 8, 2022 12:19 AM

But didn't Large Clit Marge complain about being deTwittered as recently as last week?

by Anonymousreply 370January 8, 2022 12:21 AM

Twitter has probably deactivate a huge number of troll accounts and that's where their follower numbers went.

by Anonymousreply 371January 8, 2022 12:57 AM

I liked it; Uncle Joe may not have Obama's oratory talents, but he was angry -not conciliatory - and made a good argument against the Fucker Carlsons of the world who try to whitewash 1/6. I won't convince everyone, but I think it gave hope that the government is genuinely pursuing convictions against those who perpetrated 1/6 - not just like the Mueller report that ended like a sour fart in the wind.

by Anonymousreply 372January 8, 2022 1:15 AM

R354, Let me know when you get to the part about Democrats' murderous attacks on Capitol building employees and attempts to hunt down our elected representatives in order to assassinate them and have Martial Law declared as a result of the treasonous insurrection.

I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 373January 8, 2022 6:41 AM

Right on, r373

[quote] Why continue to beat this dream when even moderate and centrist Republicans admit that the last election was not without its problems?

And, pray tell, what "problems"?

While vague assertions, outright falsehoods, and looking away from dozens of court case rejecting alleged Trump election fraud may work with your sheep, here, you put up or shut up.

*crickets*

by Anonymousreply 374January 8, 2022 11:20 AM

[quote]Democrats have a history of challenging election results, on even more nebulous grounds than the 2020 election.

Wake me when the Democrats continue daily assault against election results even after losing 50+ lawsuits challenging them.

by Anonymousreply 375January 8, 2022 1:04 PM

To the poster R354. Are you cynical and think it's clever politics to over "bothsiderism" and false equivalencies - because that's what the stupid hoi polloi fall for? Or, are you stupid hoi polloi and believe false equivalencies. Because you arguments are false equivalencies. Total bullocks. Whichever is the case, you're the reason the USA is circling the drain. Bravo, dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 376January 8, 2022 1:46 PM

I somehow have a feeling Cuomo was a quid pro quo for Trump. “Get rid of Cuomo and we’ll give you a hand in taking down Trump.”

by Anonymousreply 377January 8, 2022 2:03 PM

What's ridiculous, r376, is that those idiots think that shit will fly on DL. They don't know who they're dealing with here.

by Anonymousreply 378January 8, 2022 2:52 PM

R378: I have the feeling that the posts by the likes of r354, are generated by a group of the same trolls who post all over the internet. If go to other sites you see the same type of reasoning that they all use.

It’s incredibly how prolific they all are, and how they all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

by Anonymousreply 379January 8, 2022 3:13 PM

R379 The article I referenced was from the New York Times. How much more of a credible source can you get? I have noticed that those who venture outside the leftist talking points are labeled trolls so they don't have to engage with any specific points.

by Anonymousreply 380January 8, 2022 3:21 PM

Its an opinion piece, r380. Not news.

by Anonymousreply 381January 8, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] The article I referenced was from the New York Times. How much more of a credible source can you get?

And just this morning WaPo ran a story premised on the assumption that President Biden isn't doing enough because he spends so much time going to funerals of his (OLD, OLD, OLD) former Senate colleagues...

There is a huge difference between engaging in the most pressing and LEGITIMATE issues and a press corp disingenuously attempting to steer the narrative.

I could be wrong but I suspect this is the same poster who called me out on another thread when I pointed out that Politico is bargain-basement garbage along the same lines as the Daily Mail, NYPost, Fox and now Newsweek. That posting was a dissension voiced by a largely unknown Dem House representative. The point is not so much the content which, in that case, is a legitimate difference of opinion. What is of note is ironically what the specious WaPo article is alleging: content a publisher choses to print (or a Datalounger choses to post) commands from the audience a measure of their finite resource(s).

No, it is not simple a matter of refusing to engage because of fear. Rather it is about not wasting so much time and energy on what is at best click bate, or possibly irrelevant both-sidesim, or, more likely, a manipulative distraction.

by Anonymousreply 382January 8, 2022 3:45 PM

^It’s an opinion piece @r381

by Anonymousreply 383January 8, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote] Politico is bargain-basement garbage along the same lines as the Daily Mail, NYPost, Fox and now Newsweek.

Case in point:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 8, 2022 3:58 PM

R380, "[L]eftist talking points" = Troll.

I will wager that you cannot point to any Democratic election-vote challenge, and certainly not a Presidential one, that was violent; based on either no evidence or a cynical outright lie; unethical; or outside the letter or spirit of the law.

IOW, you are trying to equate the Republican Attempted Insurrection of the Entire Executive Branch on 1/06/21 with legal and justified Democratic challenges.

Penultimate point: Re: the 2020 election, Republicans have been arrested for voter fraud (multiple votes; "deadperson" votes; etc.), not Democrats.

Finally, if these aren't specific enough points for you, read me again (r373) and then GTHOOH.

by Anonymousreply 385January 8, 2022 4:03 PM

Notice I wasn't defending the violent rioters at the Capitol, only the challenging of the results which was led by Democratic and Republican politicians. Perhaps you can explain how previous attempts by Democrats were justified when they failed in previous elections, including a presidential election. However, the difference is those politicians weren't accused of treason or asked to resign.

by Anonymousreply 386January 8, 2022 4:37 PM

R386... anything, i repeat anything that the democrats have done in past election results is anywhere REMOTELY close to what the repubs have done including THE REPUB PRESIDENT before, during and after a election???????!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 387January 8, 2022 4:44 PM

I believe their justification isn't still to challenge the results of this election, but to secure future elections.

by Anonymousreply 388January 8, 2022 4:50 PM

There’s no getting through to these diseased traitors.

Voting Republican is an act of violence against this country.

by Anonymousreply 389January 8, 2022 4:52 PM

Don't waste your time with r386.

by Anonymousreply 390January 8, 2022 4:53 PM

Is it okay if we point at him and laugh?

by Anonymousreply 391January 8, 2022 4:57 PM

Of course, r391!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 8, 2022 5:05 PM

Please remind me when in the last ten years Democrats have passed laws to restrict access to voting?

by Anonymousreply 393January 8, 2022 5:27 PM

R386 trump pushing the big lie as substantiated fact is one way he differed from any democratic challenges.

by Anonymousreply 394January 8, 2022 5:29 PM

More about R384.

How many MAGA accounts who shared the original Politico post followed up with the correction do you suppose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 8, 2022 8:07 PM

What these MAGAt imbeciles can't explain are five things:

1. Why are Republican candidates who were on the same fucking ballot as a Biden ballot, not questioning their own fucking wins if the election was "stolen"?

2. Why can't they actually point to several examples of fraud NOT by a Trump supporter and even the one they used as their posterchild for "fraud." turned out to be a lying sack of shit who voted for Trump using his dead wife's ballot.

3. Why do you pretend that even with the few examples of fraud (all of whom have been Trump supporters), would even amount to enough that it would've made any difference with the outcome when you would need THOUSANDS of *Biden* fraudsters (unlikely) to even make a difference with the final outcome?

4. Why do you pretend Guiliani didn't go into court and say the complete opposite of what he told the feces-flinging flying monkeys at press conf.? He knew there wasn't fraud when he was actually in a courtroom. You ignore the 50 fucking cases Trump LOST.

5. What went wrong in your life that the most odious, stupid, reprehensible, lying, pile of shit to ever defile the oval office with his presence and without a single redeeming quality as a father, businessman or human, commands such devotion? WTF is wrong with you people?

by Anonymousreply 396January 8, 2022 11:08 PM

Re: issue of mistaken identity x 2 mentioned at R395

All brown and black people "look the same to them". There will be no retraction because they don't care about journalistic integrity. MAGAt response at them trying: "You can stick THIS in your fact-checker!"

The trash in the landfill that is MAGA and their news sources are rotting.

by Anonymousreply 397January 8, 2022 11:31 PM

[quote] 5. What went wrong in your life that the most odious, stupid, reprehensible, lying, pile of shit to ever defile the oval office with his presence and without a single redeeming quality as a father, businessman or human, commands such devotion? WTF is wrong with you people?

They know what he is. They want him because he is one of them. They don't have to feel inferior to the likes of an Ivy educated, articulate, Black man.

For example, more details on the guy in R252 who was "consensually" (he claims) sleeping with his wife's 15 y/o sister when he was 25 (and her teacher):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398January 8, 2022 11:33 PM

Straight men like Lee Chatfield, Jeffie Epstein, and Former President Trump, who molest and rape underage girls/children always end up having tinymeat.

by Anonymousreply 399January 8, 2022 11:56 PM

After I typed the comments at R398 I went into the kitchen to see about an apple cinnamon recipe I've been wanting to try (...meh...maybe I'll adjust....maybe I'll just leave it alone).

It's a quiet Saturday night in town, on the internet and, seemingly, all around the country. So much so that earlier on Twitter I saw a few conservatives complaining that things are "boring" without tRump. And that, I think, is the point for some of these people: the same people who want books banned, who never stream anything from Hollyweird, who haven't played a sport since puberty crave the chaos from his mental illness. Not to trigger you too much, but think back two or three years ago and recall how any new policy decision could come anytime--day or night, weekday or weekend--in a fucking tweet.

I don't think we talk enough about how the party of "personal responsibility" has been hijacked by people so bored that they want the world to burn just for their entertainment.

p.s. and now I see the Mistress of Misinformation claiming that the "chaos" was just some poorly worded missives...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 9, 2022 1:00 AM

Agree, R400. Their lives are miserable. They want to be entertained. Either by that fat, orange lard or by the suffering of others by "owning" them. MAGA in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 401January 9, 2022 1:09 AM

R400 WTF? What did Trump accomplish via executive order? He didn't even call on the National Guard during the riots. Meanwhile, progressives are the ones literally burning shit down. What an odd post.

by Anonymousreply 402January 9, 2022 1:10 AM

And for the record, some might find Biden's gaffes entertaining, especially the people who don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 403January 9, 2022 1:12 AM

R396

[quote] Why can't they actually point to several examples of fraud NOT by a Trump supporter and even the one they used as their posterchild for "fraud." turned out to be a lying sack of shit who voted for Trump using his dead wife's ballot.

Faulty machines, poll workers being denied access across multiple counties, unsolicited ballots, poll worker incompetence, and so on. All of the above has been alleged and has been proven to take place. What's hasn't been shown is whether these examples were systemic or not. However, that doesn't matter when you have an American electorate who already doesn't trust the electoral process especially after 2000, 2005, and 2016. The Red Mirage Bernie tried to warn about as being a potential problem came out big time.

[quote] Why are Republican candidates who were on the same fucking ballot as a Biden ballot, not questioning their own fucking wins if the election was "stolen"?

Why does this matter? Democrats and Republicans weren't the only ones on the ballot.

[quote] What went wrong in your life that the most odious, stupid, reprehensible, lying, pile of shit to ever defile the oval office with his presence and without a single redeeming quality as a father, businessman or human, commands such devotion? WTF is wrong with you people?

I don't understand why we have to like him personally. I haven't liked any politician.

by Anonymousreply 404January 9, 2022 1:37 AM

Doesn't everybody just love how the comment right after proves R401 's point.

Not interested in learning, not interested in civil discourse...only reads just enough to grab a fragment of the thought to misconstrue and be angry about.

by Anonymousreply 405January 9, 2022 1:38 AM

R404... then vote for president a fucking mass murderer, rapist then, since you know "we don't have to LIKE the person"...

are you out of your fricking mind! what's next? the lame beyond simplistic childish "but, we're not voting for the pope, we're voting for president" ridiculous deflection comment!....

think about this everyone! 74 million people in this country voted for a man who LITERALLY MADE FUN OF THE HANDICAPPED IN PUBLIC AT A RALLY!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 406January 9, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote] Why does this matter? Democrats and Republicans weren't the only ones on the ballot.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Trump lies about the election being rigged.

Pathetically evade answering the question all you want to, but, you're just another Trump Rabidian with your head up Trump's ass.

by Anonymousreply 407January 9, 2022 1:53 AM

R406 he mocked a person who was handicapped, not "the handicapped". There's no need to use hyperbole when the facts are on your side.

Also you are making the mistake that many people care about things like that when they don't affect them. The US has become far more self-centered over the past several decades than it has ever been.

I guess what I'm saying is saying that "Trump mocks the disabled" isn't the big convincing argument you seem to think it is. Which is part of the issue with the internet and the echo chambers everyone is in now. People don't seem to be able to get out of their own heads and realize not everyone thinks like them.

by Anonymousreply 408January 9, 2022 3:29 AM

And also to add to the other argument above - Trump and the RNC filed and lost over sixty lawsuits challenging the election results across the United States. He won a few of them on some minor technicalities that didn't affect vote counts but the vast majority were utter wastes of time and money.

Overwhelmingly Republican-controlled legislatures in several swing states had multiple recounts and none found anything that indicated the election was stolen.

Meanwhile, the only cases I have seen of outright voter fraud where people intentionally voted (and were brought up on charges) from the election were from Republicans who believed Trump's (and other Republicans) ongoing narrative that the election was being stolen from them, sort of a "let's fuck Them before They fuck us" kind of attitude.

There of course were minor irregularities that happen with every election because people are fallible and mistakes happen. But again, nothing that would have changed the outcome.

There is a reason, though, that a majority of Republicans think the election was stolen. It's because Fox News and the rest of the right wing media bubble has been telling them that for years now. Those, like the poster in this thread, are so far entrenched in their right wing media that they actually believe this. Left wing media has nothing close to the Fox News/right wing media machine - it is a whole ecosystem of propaganda. And the mainstream media (CNN, NYT, etc.) leans center right if anything.

The reason they believe this lie so solidly is because -they- would cheat to win an election. Because they cannot conceive that someone else wouldn't because they believe in the law, democratic principles, justice, whatever. They are projecting because it is what they would do. And they suffer from the same issue as posters like r406 who seem to have issues realizing that not everyone thinks like them.

by Anonymousreply 409January 9, 2022 3:44 AM

The big lie was that this election was the most secure in history. We have the technology to secure elections because none of the already imperfect safeguards we use to prevent relief fraud is used to strengthen our election integrity. Of course you can't prove systemic fraud with eyewitness testimony. Of course you can't do signature verification. It's why the whole concept of unsolicited mail in ballots and unsupervised drop boxes is flawed to begin with. Of course sending out mail in ballots a month before election day heavily favored Democrats. The GOP's mistake was not securing the election before election day.

by Anonymousreply 410January 9, 2022 4:29 AM

R410 and none of what you said is coherent. You are wholly captured by the Big Lie, despite your attempts to redefine it.

It's bizarre for the "I do my own research" crowd, you all repeat the same falsehoods almost verbatim. The same circular logic, the same outright delusions, the same conspiracies.

If you weren't so brainwashed you might see it.

by Anonymousreply 411January 9, 2022 5:15 AM

R408........ according to YOU, he only mocked a person who was handicapped, NOT all of those who are? WTF? are you this morally deprived and ignorant! the fact that he did that to ANYONE, ANY SINGLE PERSON who is handicapped defies belief and yes, is a stand in for how he thinks, of all people who are handicapped!.. that is just about the most fucked up upside down deflection excuse reasoning I think I have ever heard in my life!.....

THE FACT Remains 74 million people in this country ARE pieces of shit because yes, they voted for a man who among the MOUNTAIN OF other TOTAL unethical, immorality, indecency behavior along with his ignorance made fun of a handicap person and in public and at a rally!...

every one of these people are like trump in some way big or small... the fact that they don't know or don't think it's a big deal is MONUMENTALLY huge and disgusting! the only question is do they know they are pieces of shit or don't care that they are...

sorry if i expect EVERYONE in this country to have a single ounce of decency, integrity, character, and empathy! I seriously think repubs would vote for a mass murderer if "hey, he has good ideas, tell me what i want to hear, is against all those "other" people, and i might get a extra 50 dollars a year on my paycheck!"...

by Anonymousreply 412January 9, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]I guess what I'm saying is saying that "Trump mocks the disabled" isn't the big convincing argument you seem to think it is.

Trumpistas in a nutshell: "Normalizing" the twisted, aberrant behavior of a deeply disturbed and dangerous man.

by Anonymousreply 413January 9, 2022 5:43 AM

It wasn't "a big convincing argument" to people who are used to thinking certain segments of the population are subhuman, and are therefore only there for them to either kick or boss around. They'll say they're sorry at church on Sunday and God will forgive them for their hatefulness M-Sat.

Remember: they aren't perfect, just "forgiven"! *Insert pslam of choice here*

To sum up: they weren't concerned about any of the hideous things he said, because they either say the same things or think them or wish they could.

by Anonymousreply 414January 9, 2022 3:07 PM

R412 You need professional help. I was talking about what he said and did in the incident to which you were referring and waxing hyperbolic about.

by Anonymousreply 415January 9, 2022 3:37 PM

R413 of course the fact that I'm not Republican, or MAGA, and in fact always vote Dem never crossed your mind, because you are too busy projecting bullshit on other people.

I'm not defending what he said or did. But you can tell what generation some of you are by how over the top your hyperbole is about people you dislike.

Reality is bad enough without the CONSTANT hyperbole some of you think is in any way helpful or convincing.

by Anonymousreply 416January 9, 2022 3:40 PM

Trump is a malignant narcissist with, as we saw on January 6, 2021, homicidal tendencies when he doesn't get his way. And Trump wasn't planning on killing just a couple of people on January 6th. He was planning on murdering a lot of political enemies and settling old scores.

Do you want such a man as President of the United States? If the answer is yes, you're probably just like Trump: a lying, grifting, sociopathic con artist willing to commit murder when you don't get your way.

by Anonymousreply 417January 9, 2022 3:42 PM

R417 who are you even talking to?

by Anonymousreply 418January 9, 2022 3:43 PM

R414 as I said in my post at r409.

by Anonymousreply 419January 9, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote] Trump is a malignant narcissist with, as we saw on January 6, 2021, homicidal tendencies when he doesn't get his way. And Trump wasn't planning on killing just a couple of people on January 6th. He was planning on murdering a lot of political enemies and settling old scores.

Trump is a narcissist. All politicians are. Interesting to say that Trump wanted to kill people when the only people who died on January 6 were Trump supporters. Meanwhile, what do you have to say about the BLM riots and the criminals released on bail who then went on to victimize their own communities? What do you have to say about CHAZ where many people died from gun violence? What do you have to say about Biden and other Democratic governors who thought they could use those riots to blame Trump? What about the Democrat governors who refused to intervene and called Trump fascist for wanting to send the National Guard? Please, your hysteria is showing.

by Anonymousreply 420January 9, 2022 3:55 PM

"Trump is a narcissist. All politicians are."

Link, please. Otherwise you're just pulling shit out of your prolapsed asshole.

"Interesting to say that Trump wanted to kill people when the only people who died on January 6 were Trump supporters."

Once again, you're pulling shit out of your prolapsed hole. Capitol Hill policeman Brian Sicknick lost his life that day. And when you have immoral and amoral assholes like felon Michael Flynn and felon Roger Stone and felon Paul Manafort, one can only imagine the shit show these dirtball scumbags had planned, if only Donald Trump hadn't fucked up (once again).

"Please, your hysteria is showing."

Mighty rich rhetoric from someone whose party's platform the past 50 years is based largely on screaming to anyone who will listen: "The niggers, spics, fags and Jews are coming for you and your family."

"Meanwhile, what do you have to say about the BLM riots and the criminals released on bail who then went on to victimize their own communities?"

As if you are any other Republican asshole gives a rat's ass about minority victims of riots. Your only use for them extends only as to how much political mileage you can get out of them.

by Anonymousreply 421January 9, 2022 4:17 PM

Bravo, r421.

by Anonymousreply 423January 9, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote] Reality is bad enough without the CONSTANT hyperbole some of you think is in any way helpful or convincing.

I have been guilty of hyperbole plenty of times I admit but an element to that is because trump elicits a visceral repugnance in many many people.

by Anonymousreply 424January 9, 2022 5:03 PM

R424 I can understand that.

by Anonymousreply 425January 9, 2022 5:14 PM

R420, And your example of a Democrat-incited insurrection would be, Mr. Apples Bothsiderism Oranges III?

by Anonymousreply 426January 9, 2022 5:43 PM

P.S. I used "Democrat" both as a noun and in the current definition. Today President Lincoln would be a Democrat. It is why Trumptards wave the rebel flag.

by Anonymousreply 427January 9, 2022 5:49 PM

I don't why some of you even bother responding to the trash who support that orange buffoon. I already had that person on ignore before this thread, but I can obviously see when you respond to that fool. You can't convince trash they aren't trash. Forget about president, no one with a modicum of decency would want that low-life in civilized society at all.

by Anonymousreply 428January 9, 2022 5:52 PM

know*^

by Anonymousreply 429January 9, 2022 5:52 PM

[quote]of course the fact that I'm not Republican, or MAGA, and in fact always vote Dem never crossed your mind,

Sure you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 430January 9, 2022 6:18 PM

The guy in the link is over the top and hysterical at times but I do listen to him every now and then. You really want to listen to this. It's only 4:22minutes.

And, Republicans want to put this thing back into the Oval Office?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431January 9, 2022 7:58 PM

R431, it depends on the Republicans you mean. Morons like MTG, Boebart, Cawthorn and Gosar are white supremacist, low-IQ garbage who want him back because they are true believers and they think he is the key to some white supremacist society because they're all clearly examples of that supremacy what with the HS dropping out, GEDs, criminal records, predatory behavior, adultery and all-around stupidity. the other Republicans like Cruz, Hawley, Graham, etc, are craven scum who don't actually want him back and know he's a scumbag imbecile, but being scumbags themselves, they know he is their only conduit through which they maintain or gain even more power.

by Anonymousreply 432January 9, 2022 8:12 PM

R432 nailed it!..

by Anonymousreply 433January 9, 2022 8:16 PM

r430 check all of my other posts, nimrod.

by Anonymousreply 434January 9, 2022 8:27 PM

Eh, we’ll do neither r434.

by Anonymousreply 435January 9, 2022 8:50 PM

R242, a mile wide and an inch deep...those miscreant asskissers pulled from the shallowest end of the intellect pool did a lot of damage

by Anonymousreply 436January 10, 2022 12:43 PM

He’s doing it right now again! I love it.

“I’m tired of being quiet!”

Yes, Joe!!

by Anonymousreply 437January 11, 2022 9:16 PM

Anything to distract from his fading polls and failed legislative agenda

by Anonymousreply 438January 11, 2022 9:28 PM

I see the diseased traitors have arrived

by Anonymousreply 439January 11, 2022 9:30 PM

They are the disease, R439. A Trump supporter is the equivalent of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 440January 12, 2022 3:18 PM

R437 You missed the part where Stacey Abrams (and several voting-rights groups) boycotted the speech. Abrams skipping out was a huge snub. These people are not impressed by speeches, even ‘fiery’ ones. They want action/a plan, not words.

That “plan, not words” came directly from a statement put out yesterday, after the speech, by the head of the NAACP, btw.

‘Our Joe’ is feeble, bumbling and ineffective. Sorry if that hurtys some feelings but it’s the truth.

by Anonymousreply 441January 12, 2022 3:38 PM

^^hurts

by Anonymousreply 442January 12, 2022 3:40 PM

R441, I'm still pissed at that fuckhead Schumer. Those TX Dems risked so much coming to DC and he offered them nothing - they even said he even offered them no hope. These old, est. Dems fucking suck. They think "infrastructure" is enough for them to win. No, you obtuse assholes, you won't win because the fucking votes won't count. It doesn't fucking matter what you DO when Republicans are enacting laws to literally steal elections.

There is no point in decorating a house when people are standing around the house with torches and starting to set it on fire.

by Anonymousreply 443January 12, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote]That “plan, not words” came directly from a statement put out yesterday, after the speech, by the head of the NAACP, btw.

Did they say exactly what they'd like Joe to do? Because other than kidnapping Manchin and Sinema's loved ones until they vote to end the filibuster, there's not much that's going to move the needle.

by Anonymousreply 444January 12, 2022 3:46 PM

he offered*

by Anonymousreply 445January 12, 2022 3:46 PM

I want to know why no one in the media asked those two assholes why they were willing to carve out for the debt ceiling but not for the most basic tenet of being an American: The right to vote

by Anonymousreply 446January 12, 2022 3:48 PM

It seems universally acknowledged that Schumer is woefully ineffective.

Why haven’t the Dems gotten RID OF HIM??

by Anonymousreply 447January 12, 2022 4:07 PM

The only people who voted fraudulent are Trumpers

by Anonymousreply 448January 12, 2022 6:53 PM

Latest Quinnipiac poll.

Biden approval 35%

Disapproval 54%

US inflation soared 7% in past year, the most since 1982 So likely we'll see Joe get louder about Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 12, 2022 6:57 PM

[QUOTE] US inflation soared 7% in past year, the most since 1982 So likely we'll see Joe get louder about Trump

Shut up, you fascist whore.

by Anonymousreply 450January 12, 2022 7:14 PM

Yeah, that speech was powerful alright.

And a week later Biden's approval rating at 538 is the lowest so far of his Presidency.

[quote]Latest Quinnipiac poll. Biden approval 35%

Actually Quinnipiac gives Biden an approval rating of 33%

Quinnipiac BTW is among the highest rated polling organizations with 538 giving it an A-..

by Anonymousreply 451January 12, 2022 7:29 PM

SO why do people EXACTLY think that Joe Biden is at fault....

SURELY, people realize that no matter WHO was president, WHAT party was in charge, that inflation was going to happen, as it is happening around the world. So what else is Biden's fault, that isn't his fault, but people think is?...Is he suppose to beat up manchin and sinema to get on board? Were we suppose to stay in Afghanistan and waste more money?...

by Anonymousreply 452January 12, 2022 10:24 PM

[quote] Is he suppose to beat up manchin and sinema to get on board? Were we suppose to stay in Afghanistan

Oh, dear x2!

by Anonymousreply 453January 12, 2022 10:34 PM

Anybody with half a fucking, functioning brain could see supply chain problems/inflation as a result of Covid way back in March of 2020. But of course, Wharton school drop out Donald Trump was far too busy denying COVID existed much less do macroeconomic planning.

Master businessman my ass. Trump couldn't make a profit running a whore house in a California Gold Rush mining town.

by Anonymousreply 454January 12, 2022 11:00 PM

R438, Joe is multi-faceted, but none of those facets includes being a magician.

But since we're talking---What legislative agenda that helped Americans not in the Top 1% did the Trump Administration pass?

Oh, wait. There was appointing DeVos to ruin public schools and DeJoy to destroy the USPS. Abandoning the Syrian Kurds. Praising dictators and insulting allies. Refusing to give desperate states equipment to fight Covid-19, telling governors via Jared that the items belonged "to us". Trying to destroy the ACA with nothing to replace it. Refusing adequate help to hurricane-hit Puerto Rico, saying the Mayor of San Juan was exaggerating. Saying there were "good people" in the Charlottesville White Supremacist Nazi violence. Refusing to honor in person our war dead in France because of rain. Praising Jeffrey Epstein. Paying hush money, and then lying about it, to Stormy Daniels, sending his lawyer to prison, while later pardoning criminals in his circle. SKnowingly shouting Covid-19 into the air at Joe Biden during a debate.

Do you want more?

R441, Biden didn't pick her for VP. So there's that. Now that he sees her for the unrealistic, demanding, and touchy non-team player she is, though, Joe won't help her politically henceforth; he won't get snubbed by her twice.

by Anonymousreply 455January 12, 2022 11:09 PM

[quote]Anybody with half a fucking, functioning brain could see supply chain problems/inflation as a result of Covid way back in March of 2020.

C'mon man. This inflation thing is just a "bump in the road".

by Anonymousreply 456January 12, 2022 11:39 PM

That would give Trump 11 months to have acted on it.

Oh, wait; you said "half."

by Anonymousreply 457January 13, 2022 12:46 AM

I think what is most indicative of the stupidity of a Trump supporter these days is when they point to an empty shelf in some location and attempt to blame that on Biden. Yet, why is it he doesn't get credit for the full shelves in most locations? I mean it's moronic either way to blame him or praise him for the shelves, but it appears the Trump buffoons think they've made some point when they say something so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 458January 13, 2022 3:44 AM

Once again, Repugs start a shit avalanche and then are shocked when Democrats don’t immediately fix it.

by Anonymousreply 459January 13, 2022 9:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!