Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazing Race Season 33

Premieres tonight (Wed. January 5) on CBS.

Almost two years in the making, it'll be a season like no other!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2022 3:37 PM

After reading this article, I'm so excited to watch this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2022 1:22 AM

Not even a crypto-gay team!

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2022 1:23 AM

Rude! One race should not be more amazing than any other race. Well, except for whites, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2022 1:30 AM

R2 these two guys are openly gay.

Taylor and Isaiah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2022 1:31 AM

Here are some photos of all the teams in the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2022 1:31 AM

These two guys are the best looking in this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 1:32 AM

The cagemeat has BDF for days. Love that nose.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 1:38 AM

The excitement is making me urinate every commercial break!

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 1:46 AM

It’s epic that The Race could land Queen Elizabeth and Boris Johnson like this!

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 1:58 AM

I want the wrongly imprisoned guy in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 2:01 AM

Me too, R10!

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 2:16 AM

Great season so far.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 2:18 AM

“Good luck…hope you don’t find it.” I love that India Dad!

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2022 2:42 AM

Our gays are saved!

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2022 3:02 AM

The tall police officer is pretty hunky.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2022 3:11 AM

Spencer and Anthony are already celebrities of sorts, saving people from the terrorist on the train to Paris and starring in the Clint Eastwood movie about the event.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2022 3:12 AM

All I will say is that I hope Bertram and Elise are treating Elaine well. She was the one who gave them the idea for the scavenger hunt combined with global travel. Really.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2022 3:39 AM

I like to watch the episode after it airs, and read the results on Wikipedia first. It gives me a different perspective and a different way to watch.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2022 3:45 AM

Taylor and Isaiah, the gay "YouTube sensations," are married to each other, since August 4, 2019.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2022 4:25 AM

I think this should be the official thread

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2022 4:50 AM

Just started the episode and they seem to be really trying hard to make Taylor & Isaiah appear to not be gay or married.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2022 5:11 AM

Ok, 35 minutes later and finally mentioned that they were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2022 5:35 AM

[quote] Spencer and Anthony are already celebrities of sorts, saving people from the terrorist on the train to Paris and starring in the Clint Eastwood movie about the event.

Yeah, I didn't realize these were the guys.

Their other friend with the bubble butt (Alek Skarlatos) got to be on Dancing With the Stars, so I'm glad that these two guys are getting a chance to be recognized.

How cool is it that they also received special French citizenship???

Damn, I would SO make use of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2022 8:04 AM

There may only be two out racers, but the bromances and touchy friendships are enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 1:04 AM

I love the Amazing Race, always cute sexy guys to look at along with the world travel scenes and competitions. The wrongfully convicted guy is TOPs to me.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2022 2:59 AM

Was literally screaming at the television when the two idiots kept searching through the mail even AFTER the other racer showed them the clue he - and they - had already found. "It can't be THAT east. "Yeah, he seemed very sneaky about it."

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Apparently after the 20 month COVID hiatus between the third and fourth leg was over, two teams couldn’t return to the race because of extenuating circumstances and they just continued with seven remaining teams. Anyone know which two teams had to bow out?

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 6:12 AM

R27 It seems like they're keeping the two teams a secret, can't find any details online.

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2022 6:20 AM

I read that the long-distance daters broke up, so that's my guess for one of them...

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2022 6:41 AM

We'll find out soon enough so, if someone knows, I hope they won't say. I never watch the previews on any show because I don't want to know what is going to happen. A big part of the fun is NOT knowing ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2022 2:32 PM

I’m hoping husband and wife Sam and Connie come back. I like their energy. So far, they’re my favorites. They got a Kellie and Jon (my all time favorite racers) vibe about them.

I’m hoping the rules doesn’t allow for another team, like those bitchy white entitled queens from last season (hated them), to form cliques to work together. That made last season one of the worse and the queens one of the worse winning teams ever. It’s The Amazing Race, not fucking Survivor or Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2022 2:36 PM

The only team I don't like are the twins, Lulu and Lala. (Eye roll) I really wanted them to be the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2022 2:40 PM

Anyone else think Penn might have a decent dadbod?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2022 3:26 PM

I love Lulu and Lala!

They're completely miserable.

They remind me of Darcey and Stacey from 90 Day Fiance.

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2022 5:40 PM

Audio kinda sucks but Ryan Ferguson was featured on this Dateline episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2022 5:53 PM

I hope either the cagemeat team or the heroes win.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2022 6:32 PM

Rofl.

Who is the "cagemeat" team??

That's hilarious.

Although I am definitely rooting for the "heroes." Those boys are really good guys.

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2022 6:35 PM

Cagemeat is a hot guy in prison.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2022 6:46 PM

But who are they, R38?

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2022 6:47 PM

Only one team features a (wrongfully convicted) felon. Based on r35 I’m going to go out on a limb and say his name is Ryan. I don’t remember his friend’s name.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2022 6:51 PM

Can we please discuss Phil's hard to miss VPL, I've been admiring that bukges fir decades it seems.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2022 7:00 PM

Penn isn't nearly as annoying as I thought he would be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2022 7:37 PM

I want to be DP'ed by the wrongfully accused guy and his boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2022 7:37 PM

r43, I was wondering about that. Are they lovers or just friends?

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2022 8:13 PM

So far I’m rooting for Team Heroes and Husband/Wife Sam and Connie.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2022 8:17 PM

R44 They've definitely fucked

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2022 8:32 PM

Penn Holderness is not nearly as douchey as I thought he would be.

I find him kind of cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2022 8:34 PM

Penn.

That is all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2022 8:37 PM

Penn and Family are early YouTube fame-whores. No, thank you. Plus, how stupid was he with the mail clue?!

Overweight Black woman must never have seen the show before. Struggling to run and breathe. F

Pink twins are pathetic.

I recognized the "15:17 to Paris" heroes immediately. Rooting for them.

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2022 8:45 PM

Extraneous "F" ^^^.

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2022 8:46 PM

I'm really interested in the episodes where they use the AR plane! Everyone will leave and arrive together.

I watched part of the first episode earlier this week. I laughed out loud at the team who just pasted the sheets on the wall without noticing there was a pattern to them.

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2022 8:54 PM

Love having it back but they really are dumbing it down. In earlier days, there would have been millions of letters to sort through like the haystacks. No wonder folks thought there had to be more to it,

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2022 9:07 PM

The problem with the cake challenge is that teams that came later could easily see which flags the other teams had selected. Some of those teams would have no idea which flags to pick on their own.

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2022 9:10 PM

I want Penn in me, quite deeply.

I had no idea he worked in television news before going on the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2022 10:34 PM

I used to find the Holderness family cringe and annoying but they've (mostly) won me over. They don't take themselves too seriously which is appealing and and I can't deny Penn's good looks. They also seem to be progressive. Hoping their appearance on the race doesn't change my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2022 2:36 AM

I miss seeing the show when it actually was a RACE (something it hasn't been for years now). The production elements/manipulations were very much in evidence in this episode.

1. They didn't even bother to assemble all the teams in one location at the start. And there is NO WAY IN HELL that people flying from the East Coast arrived in London at the same time as people coming from the Mid-West or LAX.

2. I rolled my eyes at the obviously fake shots of teams taking their seats on totally empty flights.

2. Even if, by some miracle of scheduling, the Race was able to coordinate flight arrival times, the West Coasters would have been at a severe jet lag disadvantage after having flown for 10+ hours (non-stop) as opposed to the teams arriving from JFK.

3. All the teams were shown running to cabs at Heathrow in broad daylight, yet they arrived at Trafalgar Square well after dark (and pretty late at night judging by the lack of crowds). I know traffic in London is bad, but it really doesn't take 6+ hours to get from Heathrow to the West End.

I find it really hard to get caught up in the race when there is so much staging going on.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2022 6:09 AM

Obviously, they were held on arrival at Heathrow until everyone was there.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2022 6:14 AM

I remember the hot guy from Team Cagemeat had a show on MTV briefly about helping wrongly accused people get out of prison. The show was boring but I ended up watching a couple of episodes because I found him so sexy.

Jealous of his cell mate. He looks like he has a beautiful hog.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2022 6:47 AM

Cagemeat and his childhood friend are so comfortably familiar with each other.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2022 6:51 AM

So is that what we're calling them now?

Team CAGEMEAT? Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2022 7:23 AM

Yes, it grandfathered in as per DL tradition R60. I did some Googling of the guy. There’s lots of hot shirtless pics and he really has a terrific body. Unfortunately there are a lot of photos of him with a beautiful young woman I’m assuming is his girlfriend.

Oh well. Guess his fellow prisoners are the last men who’ll get to taste that meat.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2022 7:35 AM

I had no idea that Ryan Ferguson was imprisoned for TEN years.

I thought it was only for a few months or a year.

Wow, that's awful.

Glad to see he's still able to put a smile on his face after going through all of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2022 7:42 AM

Team cagemeat have definitely sucked each other.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2022 1:01 PM

Ryan Ferguson shirtless. Damn!

Did you know he also won a $10,000,000 settlement for wrongful imprisonment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote]Obviously, they were held on arrival at Heathrow until everyone was there.

Yes, I would have assumed that didn't need to be spelled out, but obviously it did for the poster you're responding to.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2022 1:41 PM

[quote]Obviously, they were held on arrival at Heathrow until everyone was there.

THAT was my point, R57. "I find it really hard to get caught up in the race [bold]when there is so much staging going on[/bold]."

Obviously, reading comprehension is not one of your skills. Same goes for you R65.

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2022 3:18 PM

Great episodes....although I'm kind of disappointed that Lula Mae and Lala Rose got a pass to the next leg of the race.

I like all of the teams. None of them seem too annoying and all of the guy/guy teams are nice to look at.

My favorites are the married couple Sam & his wife - who adopted the teen aged boy (is his name Joel), the CAGEMEAT team, and THE HEROES!

Looks like next week they STOP the race.....so it won't be long to see who won't be back.

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2022 3:43 PM

They always gather the contestants together for the beginning of the race. That’s not manipulation. I’m sorry that you were confused that the race didn’t begin when they left for London. Perhaps they needed to have them all standing around Phil in a Heathrow parking lot to avoid confusing slow viewers.

by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2022 5:29 PM

I'm guessing that having players fly direct to London from wherever they were was a budget cut.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2022 9:23 PM

I can’t deal with the YouTube couple - Penn and his wife (can’t remember her name) They represent the worst products of our attention-for-cash economy. Just so extra and fake to get them clicks. Like and subscribe!

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2022 1:20 AM

I just watched tonight's episode two hours early in Canada - this is the episode where it shuts down

what are your question bitches - and guess which two teams DO NOT come back after 19 months

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2022 1:04 AM

I have a feeling the twins are gone, as are the gay couple.

They were both absolutely hopeless in last week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 72January 13, 2022 1:05 AM

R72 no and no

by Anonymousreply 73January 13, 2022 1:06 AM

i hope it's not penn. i want him to stay.

i also want the cagemeat to stay.

oh, and the heroes.

everyone else i don't care about.

by Anonymousreply 74January 13, 2022 1:08 AM

All I will say is that Penn is safe, even after 19 months

by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2022 1:10 AM

Oh no, R75.

I guess that means cage meat or the heroes are gone.

FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote] I guess that means cage meat or the heroes are gone.

I can't say that for sure, because they showed 6 teams (after 19 months) when there are 9 left

At the end of this leg a team gets eliminated

When they return 19 months later, Phil announces two teams are no longer with us - so instead we have these familiar faces (teams turn and scream with joy)

They don't show who it is, but I suspect it is the two teams eliminated in leg 1 & 2

by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2022 1:14 AM

My two favorites are heroes Anthony and Spencer and married couple Sam and Connie. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan and Dusty come back because I want to see them come out and profess their love for each other. lol

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2022 1:19 AM

R78 like Penn - Ryan and Dusty are completely safe after 19 months

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2022 1:22 AM

Ryan seems to have a girlfriend, but what's Dusty's story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2022 1:32 AM

I really love seeing Ryan and Dusty's nipples poke through their shirts.

Wish they had some shirtless photos together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2022 1:40 AM

starting in few minutes so all your questions will be answered

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2022 1:56 AM

I agree with R29 that Caro & Ray - from Love Island - will be one of the two teams that didn’t elect to return (assuming they’re not the team eliminated tonight). It sounds like this then-new couple had a bad break-up over the long hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2022 2:06 AM

I would love to think that Dusty is getting some of this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote] I agree with [R29] that Caro & Ray - from Love Island - will be one of the two teams that didn’t elect to return

BINGO - they were not seen in 19 months later

by Anonymousreply 85January 13, 2022 2:10 AM

Introducing The Family Von Trapp

by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2022 2:30 AM

Is Cagemeat from the House of Cagemeat Italian? He has that long Roman nose. I can’t tell what ethnicity “Ferguson” is.

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2022 2:31 AM

Sorry guys - looks like

Heroes is gone

Cagemeat is gone

Caro & ray is gone

and the Black Duo is gone

4 teams who decided not to come back

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2022 3:02 AM

Cagemeat was there. It was the Kentucky married couple who weren't (along with the others you listed).

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2022 3:03 AM

The teams who were featured at the new starting point 19 months later

Kim & Penn

Ryan & Dusty

Raquel & Cayla

Lulu & Lala

Akbar & Sheri

by Anonymousreply 90January 13, 2022 3:05 AM

[quote] It was the Kentucky married couple who weren't

Oh sorry I thought Cagemeat was the Kentucky Married couple

OK so the four teams who opted OUT 19 months later

Anthony & Spencer

Connie & Sam

Caro & Ray

Taylor & Isaiah

by Anonymousreply 91January 13, 2022 3:06 AM

That’s a drag. Most of the people I liked didn’t return.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2022 3:10 AM

Super bummed the heroes aren't back.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2022 3:13 AM

[quote] Super bummed the heroes aren't back.

maybe some of these teams got covid and that disqualified them

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2022 3:14 AM

Or vaccinated was a requirement to race again and some are anti-vax

Connie got pregnant though, that's reasonable not to race.

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2022 3:17 AM

So in the previews for next week it was announced that there are some familiar faces replacing the teams that didn’t come back. Dear God in heaven please don’t let it be those bitches Will and James from last season. I swear, I will not watch those white entitled bitches race again.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2022 4:06 AM

Penn in that kilt… *phew!*

by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2022 4:51 AM

The black husband attempting a Beyonce but only attaining a Janet in the kilt challenge. What a burn.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2022 4:57 AM

It’s not easy for two people to arrange their lives to be free to race for weeks on end. Try doing that twice.

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2022 5:56 AM

The gay team is out? They weren't doing great but I think I won't tune in after this episode.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2022 7:02 AM

[quote] So in the previews for next week it was announced that there are some familiar faces replacing the teams that didn’t come back.

I think it'll be the two teams that were eliminated earlier in the race.

The singing cops and the Indian dad and his daughter. I hope so!

Penn had me laughing. He is SUCH a ham, but he's so adorable. I really love him.

I loved when he said that he was being a diva about the song, because he totally was!

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2022 10:10 AM

Until we get photos of Penn in the kilt...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2022 3:04 PM

Will they just bring back the teams that got kicked off? The cops and father/daughter?

Who else would the familiar faces be?

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Oh Jesus R101 JUST said that. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Penn has really long fingers.

Does that mean he has a HUGE cock?

Also, you could totally see the disappointment on the faces of the racers when Phil made the announcement that they were being cancelled. Some of them looked pissed.

I wonder why team heroes and the gay couple couldn't make it back? Anyone know?

I never thought about it, but the person who mentioned the vaxxing thing as why some couldn't participate, made sense.

Team heroes could be anti-vaxxers, but I don't think the gay couple look like anti-vaxxers. Although you never know.

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2022 4:13 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....I wanted the HEROES back.....

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2022 5:07 PM

Penn is such a closet case. No straight dude acts like he does and they certainly have no idea who Martha Graham is.

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2022 5:11 PM

I thought I was going to hate the parents when the show first introduced them, but they are very likable and he is adorable. Even she's fine. They worked really well together this last leg - she gave him good directions with the driving and he listened to her and didn't lose his temper (which is rare for the male half of a straight married couple on these shows). The only team I didn't like was the Love Island fake relationship. Otherwise it's a good group. Sad about the Heroes and cute gay husbands not returning.

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2022 5:11 PM

The gay husband team knew they wouldn't get much farther in the race based upon the first 3 legs. They were smart not to upend their lives again since they had little chance of winning. The safety protocols were probably a bitch when the race resumed.

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2022 5:22 PM

True R109 - they were very sweet though - will miss them.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2022 5:25 PM

I would totally hit on Penn at a cocktail party, but he looks like a straight tease.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2022 5:36 PM

Team Detroit, the father & daughter, were profiled in a local article & the father talked about the mechanics of returning after the hiatus, so I assumed they would be continuing. I just didn’t think they had first been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2022 6:38 PM

Of the (non-eliminated) teams, I only counted 5 returnees. If 7 of the 11 original teams resume competition, that would mean the (only) 2 eliminated teams are returning, also.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote] Of the (non-eliminated) teams, I only counted 5 returnees. If 7 of the 11 original teams resume competition, that would mean the (only) 2 eliminated teams are returning, also.

I don't think the producers were too bothered by the smaller number of teams.

Given the logistical nightmare of Covid and racing around the world, it was probably a happy medium for them.

They got to bring some teams back, but they didn't have to bring ALL the teams back.

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2022 6:45 PM

Here's the Detroit News article referenced by R112.

I hope the three non-eliminated teams - I'm not counting Caro & Ray, who are no longer a "team" - unable or unwilling to return, will be afforded an opportunity to appear on a future season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2022 7:14 PM

It would seem fairer for new teams to have been added rather than bringing back eliminated teams. It would've been something if the twins, already saved by a non-elimination round, had been eliminated on the third leg, only to be brought back wen the season resumed.

I didn't think we had seen the last of the father/daughter team by virtue of their edit in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2022 7:18 PM

But the daughter was about to be married. Unless the wedding was delayed . . .

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2022 7:29 PM

The daughter was to be married - to her original proposed AR team member - in June 2020. She could’ve gotten married as scheduled & still returned to the race.

by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2022 7:34 PM

[quote] But the daughter was about to be married. Unless the wedding was delayed . . .

Hey guess what?

YOU CAN STILL GO ON THE AMAZING RACE IF YOU'RE MARRIED!

Omg, are people really this dumb?

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2022 11:58 PM

Penn made folks happy with his Christmas jammies. This is the video that made them YouTube famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2022 12:29 AM

There's something so sexy about a silly straight guy.

Penn really turns me on.

by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2022 12:44 AM

He reminds me of Robert Gant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2022 12:46 AM

My point is not that she CAN’T go if she’s married. It’s that she won’t want to.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2022 6:00 AM

Penn is not the one I want to see in jammies.

by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2022 3:35 PM

In the interview at R115 the daughter/father team say because of Covid they were forced to drive and NOT use Taxi's

So since they were eliminated prior to the lockdown, that leads me to believe the first two eliminated teams will be back

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2022 3:48 PM

So the teams knew they were racing in early COVID times, and yet one of the flight attendants constantly hugs random people when given clues, etc. The other flight attendant even said when in a London train station (I think), "Oh! I was here two weeks ago!"

Seems like they weren't being advised to use any precautions. To be fair, I don't recall seeing any masks on people in public, so these early legs must have been filmed before masks became recommended/necessary.

by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote] So the teams knew they were racing in early COVID times, and yet one of the flight attendants constantly hugs random people when given clues, etc.

They were filming in February 2020 - things didn't get locked down until March 2020

So back then Covid wasn't a thing, until the third leg.

by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2022 4:04 PM

In February 2020 Covid WAS a thing, just official lockdowns hadn't happened. In California, we had already started wearing masks on our own and limiting contact. In fact, in January we knew something serious was going around. I suppose we were fortunate to have good, reliable resources at Stanford University giving information to residents in the Bay area; friends and family in other parts of the country chuckled when we told them to buckle up and hold on.

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2022 4:10 PM

As I recall, in February & early March 2020, masked individuals were quite the outlier. At least in the Democratic part of the Midwest in which I live.

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2022 5:05 PM

R75, Neither the proverbial hell nor high water would have kept Team Famewhores from returning!

I mean, come on; Penn and wife did that kilt vaudeville bit like they were auditioning for their own Reality TV show.

Which, IMNSHO, is their ultimate goal beyond the AR prize, and has been throughout all their family YouTube productions (wife Kim is called a "star" of them), television appearances, and company founding.

I predict they will get their wish, so be prepared for "Hold(erness) On!". Or some such.

They have their own Wikipedia page, FGS.

Perhaps irrationally, I find them unutterably insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 14, 2022 5:20 PM

Well, R130, it’s not like they have real jobs that would’ve presented an obstacle.

by Anonymousreply 131January 14, 2022 5:22 PM

I don't care for the trend of having YouTube influencers and other D-listers on shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor. The shows seem to want to tie into these contestants' fan base for ratings. The guys who took down a terrorist on a French train are a different story in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 132January 14, 2022 5:28 PM

Maybe one of the challenges for the returning teams would be to go to deep into MAGA country to get as many people masked as possible.

by Anonymousreply 133January 14, 2022 5:41 PM

This is why I still love "Amazing Race" and why even CBS can't fuck it up.

There is such a sense of accomplishment and I still tear up at moments like the Indian girl trying to comfort her dad. SO glad they will be back and hope they win, just to send a good message about her helping those other teams and not paying for it badly. All the show needs is genuinely nice people to root for and that seems go be the case this season. (I like that the two cops will be back too for another chance, they handled their early elimination so well).

by Anonymousreply 134January 14, 2022 7:05 PM

R131, Yes, they've made sure of that.

by Anonymousreply 135January 14, 2022 7:27 PM

Yes R134 I teared up too at the girl and her dad.

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 136January 14, 2022 7:39 PM

[quote] I don't care for the trend of having YouTube influencers and other D-listers on shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor. The shows seem to want to tie into these contestants' fan base for ratings.

I’m sure that’s a factor but I imagine they like casting those teams because they’re more able to accommodate the filming schedule. Young single YouTubers or Instagramers can easily take a month to race around the world or sit on an island whereas regular folks really have to juggle work schedules and family responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 137January 14, 2022 7:46 PM

[quote] Neither the proverbial hell nor high water would have kept Team Famewhores from returning!

If they're to be believed, they said on their podcast that they turned down the chance to return in September when first they were approached, thinking it would be too irresponsible to run around in the Covid world. They reconsidered once the safety protocols were explained.

by Anonymousreply 138January 14, 2022 8:53 PM

Why didn’t the gays return?

by Anonymousreply 139January 15, 2022 8:58 AM

R139, I’ve read that a brother of one of them had just died.

by Anonymousreply 140January 15, 2022 9:45 AM

R136, I would have reared up, but all I kept thinking was, “You’re wasting time! Get moving and cry later!”

by Anonymousreply 141January 15, 2022 10:37 AM

come back, Spencer & Anthony.....come back. We NEED your hotness the rest of the season.......

by Anonymousreply 142January 15, 2022 6:27 PM

I agree R142.

I just like their vibe, and I'm so bummed they didn't come back.

The show needs more "good guys" like them.

I'm so sick of the nasty cut throat people on the race.

by Anonymousreply 143January 15, 2022 6:30 PM

I also love that, even if he wanted ro, the dad didn't make the daughter feel worse about helping the other teams. (She no doubt felt bad enough). So good karma for them on their return.

by Anonymousreply 144January 15, 2022 9:18 PM

R142, I'm finally caught up and was wondering why they didn't come back. I hope they're still friends.. I guess it could be for vaxx or career reasons I guess.

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2022 4:35 AM

See the moment The Amazing Race encountered its biggest roadblock yet.

While filming season 33 in early 2020, the cast and crew of the CBS series encountered a problem that they've never had to deal with before: a pandemic. At that time, they were only three episodes into the season and information about the coronavirus was limited, but out of an abundance of caution, they decided to put the race on hold.

And now, E! News has an exclusive look at the moment Keoghan made that announcement. In the clip, filmed on Feb. 28, 2020, he explains, "Right now, the world is dealing with the coronavirus and in order to keep you safe, we believe the best choice for all of us is to suspend the race.

Little did everyone know that the pitstop would last more than 18 months.

Looking back, contestant Akbar Cook said, "For them to shut down a race of this magnitude—in February, it was a scary time."

Coming back, though, was pretty damn amazing. Even though there are limitations and risks to filming in the COVID-19 era, Keoghan has found a silver lining, saying, "In a way, it's kind of fun to flirt with a different way of doing the show. One of the ways that we're adjusting is, we're saying, 'Okay, we're not going to put you on a commercial flight.' We won't be allowing our teams to go out and just jump on public transport. So I'm excited for them to try the race in a different way."

Naturally contestants were game for whatever. Flight attendants Raquel Moore and Cayla Platt shared that they are among the many in their industry who were furloughed, so returning to the race was a welcome distraction. Cayla said, "We've been through a lot."

For Ryan Ferguson and Dusty Harris, life has also changed in those 18 months, with Dusty revealing that he welcomed a healthy baby boy named Miles.

And the contestants aren't viewing their break as a disadvantage, with many using the time to get in even better shape and, yes, practice their driving skills. As Cayla put it, she and Raquel "are so competitive and we know our abilities, so I think this time we're going to be easier on ourselves."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 18, 2022 3:36 AM

Come on, let's see an entire season of teams of DLers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 18, 2022 3:51 AM

You are rewriting history, r128. Even the WHO wasn't calling COVID a pandemic until March 11. I had been keeping up on everything here since January, but COVID wasnt even on most radars until late February/early March, and even then, nobody was too worried until that week that oil crashed, the NBA shut down, and lockdowns were suddenly in place. Nobody was wearing masks because we were told they wouldn't prevent transmission.

by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2022 7:24 AM

People were definitely talking about COVID before then, r148. I worked the Super Bowl in Miami in 2020 and had flights in January and early February. There were people in the airports were already wearing masks (a minority, granted) and everyone I worked with was talking about whether we should be taking more precautions. I remember on the flight to Miami someone sneezed several times and most of us on the plane turned to look at him nervously. I think most people at that point were expecting it to be something like SARS which didn't really affect the U.S. but people were definitely aware of it. Certainly a show like the Amazing Race dealing with international travel would have been paying attention to WHO recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2022 10:50 AM

R148, I emailed friends in February 2020 to stock up on necessities: foodstuffs; toiletries; water; disinfectants. A college student in Philly had the Coronavirus at the end of January 2020.

by Anonymousreply 150January 18, 2022 4:23 PM

I don't know why you crazy people are trying to re-write history.

NO ONE was concerned about Covid until the lockdowns happened. Most Americans were oblivious.

The only people who were concerned about it, were either medical workers, high-level government officials, or people "in the know."

I was actually traveling, and I lucked out because I returned home on a Sunday, and the city I was visiting kicked out all of the non-residents from hotels. They were shit out of luck, and had to find flights home immediately.

Does that SOUND like people knew what was going on?

People were stranded at airports, and kicked out of hotels, and desperately trying to find a way home because the lockdowns happened so suddenly.

So please SHUT THE FUCK UP about how "everyone knew."

Nobody knew, except for the well-informed. Stupid smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 151January 18, 2022 7:18 PM

People in the know are people!

by Anonymousreply 152January 18, 2022 7:40 PM

Inside stuff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 18, 2022 8:35 PM

I'd like to see a behind-the-scenes look at TAR. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the unseen crew fits into cabs.

by Anonymousreply 154January 18, 2022 9:20 PM

Cagemeat Ryan always seemed to be smiling and in a good mood. It’s nice he was able to keep a positive outlook after what he went through. Or maybe he’s still excited to be out in the world free.

by Anonymousreply 155January 18, 2022 9:41 PM

[quote] Cagemeat Ryan always seemed to be smiling and in a good mood. It’s nice he was able to keep a positive outlook after what he went through. Or maybe he’s still excited to be out in the world free.

Plus he has a $10,000,000 settlement in the bank, R155!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 18, 2022 9:46 PM

I could forward you my 2/20 email, r151.

by Anonymousreply 157January 19, 2022 12:28 AM

I would love to run the race. I wouldn't even need the million-dollar prize to get me to go. I'd do it just for the race. My then-boyfriend/now-husband and I applied when you had to make a VHS tape to go with your application. I don't think I could convince him to do it now though.

by Anonymousreply 158January 19, 2022 12:31 AM

I don't understand this strategy, of teams buying up all available seats on flights so other teams can't fly out:

[quote] "We had one team order over $300,000 worth of tickets for one flight, it was just ridiculous," says van Munster. "They would book every flight out of town! So now they can only book one flight – ensuring that's the flight they want to be on."

by Anonymousreply 159January 19, 2022 12:59 AM

They'd book up all of the available seats on their flight so other teams would have to take a later flight.

by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2022 11:03 AM

R151, none of us said that EVERYONE knew about Covid in early 2020 and that it was a pandemic then, but many people did know. My cousin nearly died in December 2019 after traveling overseas (later to be confirmed as Covid), and in January we had started limiting interactions with people, wearing masks, etc because we knew something serious was going around. Just because you weren't aware doesn't mean no one knew.

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2022 11:08 AM

It's on tonight!!! The world is waiting!!!!

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2022 3:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!