Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazing Race Season 33

Premieres tonight (Wed. January 5) on CBS.

Almost two years in the making, it'll be a season like no other!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 4, 2022 11:01 AM

After reading this article, I'm so excited to watch this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2022 12:22 AM

Not even a crypto-gay team!

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2022 12:23 AM

Rude! One race should not be more amazing than any other race. Well, except for whites, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2022 12:30 AM

R2 these two guys are openly gay.

Taylor and Isaiah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2022 12:31 AM

Here are some photos of all the teams in the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2022 12:31 AM

These two guys are the best looking in this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 12:32 AM

The cagemeat has BDF for days. Love that nose.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 12:38 AM

The excitement is making me urinate every commercial break!

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 12:46 AM

It’s epic that The Race could land Queen Elizabeth and Boris Johnson like this!

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 12:58 AM

I want the wrongly imprisoned guy in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 1:01 AM

Me too, R10!

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 1:16 AM

Great season so far.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 1:18 AM

“Good luck…hope you don’t find it.” I love that India Dad!

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2022 1:42 AM

Our gays are saved!

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2022 2:02 AM

The tall police officer is pretty hunky.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2022 2:11 AM

Spencer and Anthony are already celebrities of sorts, saving people from the terrorist on the train to Paris and starring in the Clint Eastwood movie about the event.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2022 2:12 AM

All I will say is that I hope Bertram and Elise are treating Elaine well. She was the one who gave them the idea for the scavenger hunt combined with global travel. Really.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2022 2:39 AM

I like to watch the episode after it airs, and read the results on Wikipedia first. It gives me a different perspective and a different way to watch.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2022 2:45 AM

Taylor and Isaiah, the gay "YouTube sensations," are married to each other, since August 4, 2019.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2022 3:25 AM

I think this should be the official thread

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2022 3:50 AM

Just started the episode and they seem to be really trying hard to make Taylor & Isaiah appear to not be gay or married.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2022 4:11 AM

Ok, 35 minutes later and finally mentioned that they were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2022 4:35 AM

[quote] Spencer and Anthony are already celebrities of sorts, saving people from the terrorist on the train to Paris and starring in the Clint Eastwood movie about the event.

Yeah, I didn't realize these were the guys.

Their other friend with the bubble butt (Alek Skarlatos) got to be on Dancing With the Stars, so I'm glad that these two guys are getting a chance to be recognized.

How cool is it that they also received special French citizenship???

Damn, I would SO make use of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2022 7:04 AM

There may only be two out racers, but the bromances and touchy friendships are enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 12:04 AM

I love the Amazing Race, always cute sexy guys to look at along with the world travel scenes and competitions. The wrongfully convicted guy is TOPs to me.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2022 1:59 AM

Was literally screaming at the television when the two idiots kept searching through the mail even AFTER the other racer showed them the clue he - and they - had already found. "It can't be THAT east. "Yeah, he seemed very sneaky about it."

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2022 2:41 AM

Apparently after the 20 month COVID hiatus between the third and fourth leg was over, two teams couldn’t return to the race because of extenuating circumstances and they just continued with seven remaining teams. Anyone know which two teams had to bow out?

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 5:12 AM

R27 It seems like they're keeping the two teams a secret, can't find any details online.

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2022 5:20 AM

I read that the long-distance daters broke up, so that's my guess for one of them...

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2022 5:41 AM

We'll find out soon enough so, if someone knows, I hope they won't say. I never watch the previews on any show because I don't want to know what is going to happen. A big part of the fun is NOT knowing ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2022 1:32 PM

I’m hoping husband and wife Sam and Connie come back. I like their energy. So far, they’re my favorites. They got a Kellie and Jon (my all time favorite racers) vibe about them.

I’m hoping the rules doesn’t allow for another team, like those bitchy white entitled queens from last season (hated them), to form cliques to work together. That made last season one of the worse and the queens one of the worse winning teams ever. It’s The Amazing Race, not fucking Survivor or Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2022 1:36 PM

The only team I don't like are the twins, Lulu and Lala. (Eye roll) I really wanted them to be the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2022 1:40 PM

Anyone else think Penn might have a decent dadbod?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2022 2:26 PM

I love Lulu and Lala!

They're completely miserable.

They remind me of Darcey and Stacey from 90 Day Fiance.

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2022 4:40 PM

Audio kinda sucks but Ryan Ferguson was featured on this Dateline episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2022 4:53 PM

I hope either the cagemeat team or the heroes win.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2022 5:32 PM

Rofl.

Who is the "cagemeat" team??

That's hilarious.

Although I am definitely rooting for the "heroes." Those boys are really good guys.

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2022 5:35 PM

Cagemeat is a hot guy in prison.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2022 5:46 PM

But who are they, R38?

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2022 5:47 PM

Only one team features a (wrongfully convicted) felon. Based on r35 I’m going to go out on a limb and say his name is Ryan. I don’t remember his friend’s name.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2022 5:51 PM

Can we please discuss Phil's hard to miss VPL, I've been admiring that bukges fir decades it seems.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2022 6:00 PM

Penn isn't nearly as annoying as I thought he would be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2022 6:37 PM

I want to be DP'ed by the wrongfully accused guy and his boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2022 6:37 PM

r43, I was wondering about that. Are they lovers or just friends?

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2022 7:13 PM

So far I’m rooting for Team Heroes and Husband/Wife Sam and Connie.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2022 7:17 PM

R44 They've definitely fucked

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2022 7:32 PM

Penn Holderness is not nearly as douchey as I thought he would be.

I find him kind of cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2022 7:34 PM

Penn.

That is all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2022 7:37 PM

Penn and Family are early YouTube fame-whores. No, thank you. Plus, how stupid was he with the mail clue?!

Overweight Black woman must never have seen the show before. Struggling to run and breathe. F

Pink twins are pathetic.

I recognized the "15:17 to Paris" heroes immediately. Rooting for them.

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2022 7:45 PM

Extraneous "F" ^^^.

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2022 7:46 PM

I'm really interested in the episodes where they use the AR plane! Everyone will leave and arrive together.

I watched part of the first episode earlier this week. I laughed out loud at the team who just pasted the sheets on the wall without noticing there was a pattern to them.

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2022 7:54 PM

Love having it back but they really are dumbing it down. In earlier days, there would have been millions of letters to sort through like the haystacks. No wonder folks thought there had to be more to it,

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2022 8:07 PM

The problem with the cake challenge is that teams that came later could easily see which flags the other teams had selected. Some of those teams would have no idea which flags to pick on their own.

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2022 8:10 PM

I want Penn in me, quite deeply.

I had no idea he worked in television news before going on the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2022 9:34 PM

I used to find the Holderness family cringe and annoying but they've (mostly) won me over. They don't take themselves too seriously which is appealing and and I can't deny Penn's good looks. They also seem to be progressive. Hoping their appearance on the race doesn't change my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2022 1:36 AM

I miss seeing the show when it actually was a RACE (something it hasn't been for years now). The production elements/manipulations were very much in evidence in this episode.

1. They didn't even bother to assemble all the teams in one location at the start. And there is NO WAY IN HELL that people flying from the East Coast arrived in London at the same time as people coming from the Mid-West or LAX.

2. I rolled my eyes at the obviously fake shots of teams taking their seats on totally empty flights.

2. Even if, by some miracle of scheduling, the Race was able to coordinate flight arrival times, the West Coasters would have been at a severe jet lag disadvantage after having flown for 10+ hours (non-stop) as opposed to the teams arriving from JFK.

3. All the teams were shown running to cabs at Heathrow in broad daylight, yet they arrived at Trafalgar Square well after dark (and pretty late at night judging by the lack of crowds). I know traffic in London is bad, but it really doesn't take 6+ hours to get from Heathrow to the West End.

I find it really hard to get caught up in the race when there is so much staging going on.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2022 5:09 AM

Obviously, they were held on arrival at Heathrow until everyone was there.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2022 5:14 AM

I remember the hot guy from Team Cagemeat had a show on MTV briefly about helping wrongly accused people get out of prison. The show was boring but I ended up watching a couple of episodes because I found him so sexy.

Jealous of his cell mate. He looks like he has a beautiful hog.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2022 5:47 AM

Cagemeat and his childhood friend are so comfortably familiar with each other.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2022 5:51 AM

So is that what we're calling them now?

Team CAGEMEAT? Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2022 6:23 AM

Yes, it grandfathered in as per DL tradition R60. I did some Googling of the guy. There’s lots of hot shirtless pics and he really has a terrific body. Unfortunately there are a lot of photos of him with a beautiful young woman I’m assuming is his girlfriend.

Oh well. Guess his fellow prisoners are the last men who’ll get to taste that meat.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2022 6:35 AM

I had no idea that Ryan Ferguson was imprisoned for TEN years.

I thought it was only for a few months or a year.

Wow, that's awful.

Glad to see he's still able to put a smile on his face after going through all of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Team cagemeat have definitely sucked each other.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2022 12:01 PM

Ryan Ferguson shirtless. Damn!

Did you know he also won a $10,000,000 settlement for wrongful imprisonment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2022 12:36 PM

[quote]Obviously, they were held on arrival at Heathrow until everyone was there.

Yes, I would have assumed that didn't need to be spelled out, but obviously it did for the poster you're responding to.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2022 12:41 PM

[quote]Obviously, they were held on arrival at Heathrow until everyone was there.

THAT was my point, R57. "I find it really hard to get caught up in the race [bold]when there is so much staging going on[/bold]."

Obviously, reading comprehension is not one of your skills. Same goes for you R65.

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2022 2:18 PM

Great episodes....although I'm kind of disappointed that Lula Mae and Lala Rose got a pass to the next leg of the race.

I like all of the teams. None of them seem too annoying and all of the guy/guy teams are nice to look at.

My favorites are the married couple Sam & his wife - who adopted the teen aged boy (is his name Joel), the CAGEMEAT team, and THE HEROES!

Looks like next week they STOP the race.....so it won't be long to see who won't be back.

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2022 2:43 PM

They always gather the contestants together for the beginning of the race. That’s not manipulation. I’m sorry that you were confused that the race didn’t begin when they left for London. Perhaps they needed to have them all standing around Phil in a Heathrow parking lot to avoid confusing slow viewers.

by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2022 4:29 PM

I'm guessing that having players fly direct to London from wherever they were was a budget cut.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2022 8:23 PM

I can’t deal with the YouTube couple - Penn and his wife (can’t remember her name) They represent the worst products of our attention-for-cash economy. Just so extra and fake to get them clicks. Like and subscribe!

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2022 12:20 AM

I just watched tonight's episode two hours early in Canada - this is the episode where it shuts down

what are your question bitches - and guess which two teams DO NOT come back after 19 months

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2022 12:04 AM

I have a feeling the twins are gone, as are the gay couple.

They were both absolutely hopeless in last week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 72January 13, 2022 12:05 AM

R72 no and no

by Anonymousreply 73January 13, 2022 12:06 AM

i hope it's not penn. i want him to stay.

i also want the cagemeat to stay.

oh, and the heroes.

everyone else i don't care about.

by Anonymousreply 74January 13, 2022 12:08 AM

All I will say is that Penn is safe, even after 19 months

by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2022 12:10 AM

Oh no, R75.

I guess that means cage meat or the heroes are gone.

FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2022 12:12 AM

[quote] I guess that means cage meat or the heroes are gone.

I can't say that for sure, because they showed 6 teams (after 19 months) when there are 9 left

At the end of this leg a team gets eliminated

When they return 19 months later, Phil announces two teams are no longer with us - so instead we have these familiar faces (teams turn and scream with joy)

They don't show who it is, but I suspect it is the two teams eliminated in leg 1 & 2

by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2022 12:14 AM

My two favorites are heroes Anthony and Spencer and married couple Sam and Connie. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan and Dusty come back because I want to see them come out and profess their love for each other. lol

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2022 12:19 AM

R78 like Penn - Ryan and Dusty are completely safe after 19 months

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2022 12:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2022 12:32 AM

I really love seeing Ryan and Dusty's nipples poke through their shirts.

Wish they had some shirtless photos together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2022 12:40 AM

starting in few minutes so all your questions will be answered

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2022 12:56 AM

I agree with R29 that Caro & Ray - from Love Island - will be one of the two teams that didn’t elect to return (assuming they’re not the team eliminated tonight). It sounds like this then-new couple had a bad break-up over the long hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2022 1:06 AM

I would love to think that Dusty is getting some of this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2022 1:09 AM

[quote] I agree with [R29] that Caro & Ray - from Love Island - will be one of the two teams that didn’t elect to return

BINGO - they were not seen in 19 months later

by Anonymousreply 85January 13, 2022 1:10 AM

Introducing The Family Von Trapp

by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2022 1:30 AM

Is Cagemeat from the House of Cagemeat Italian? He has that long Roman nose. I can’t tell what ethnicity “Ferguson” is.

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2022 1:31 AM

Sorry guys - looks like

Heroes is gone

Cagemeat is gone

Caro & ray is gone

and the Black Duo is gone

4 teams who decided not to come back

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2022 2:02 AM

Cagemeat was there. It was the Kentucky married couple who weren't (along with the others you listed).

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2022 2:03 AM

The teams who were featured at the new starting point 19 months later

Kim & Penn

Ryan & Dusty

Raquel & Cayla

Lulu & Lala

Akbar & Sheri

by Anonymousreply 90January 13, 2022 2:05 AM

[quote] It was the Kentucky married couple who weren't

Oh sorry I thought Cagemeat was the Kentucky Married couple

OK so the four teams who opted OUT 19 months later

Anthony & Spencer

Connie & Sam

Caro & Ray

Taylor & Isaiah

by Anonymousreply 91January 13, 2022 2:06 AM

That’s a drag. Most of the people I liked didn’t return.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2022 2:10 AM

Super bummed the heroes aren't back.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2022 2:13 AM

[quote] Super bummed the heroes aren't back.

maybe some of these teams got covid and that disqualified them

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2022 2:14 AM

Or vaccinated was a requirement to race again and some are anti-vax

Connie got pregnant though, that's reasonable not to race.

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2022 2:17 AM

So in the previews for next week it was announced that there are some familiar faces replacing the teams that didn’t come back. Dear God in heaven please don’t let it be those bitches Will and James from last season. I swear, I will not watch those white entitled bitches race again.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2022 3:06 AM

Penn in that kilt… *phew!*

by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2022 3:51 AM

The black husband attempting a Beyonce but only attaining a Janet in the kilt challenge. What a burn.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2022 3:57 AM

It’s not easy for two people to arrange their lives to be free to race for weeks on end. Try doing that twice.

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2022 4:56 AM

The gay team is out? They weren't doing great but I think I won't tune in after this episode.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2022 6:02 AM

[quote] So in the previews for next week it was announced that there are some familiar faces replacing the teams that didn’t come back.

I think it'll be the two teams that were eliminated earlier in the race.

The singing cops and the Indian dad and his daughter. I hope so!

Penn had me laughing. He is SUCH a ham, but he's so adorable. I really love him.

I loved when he said that he was being a diva about the song, because he totally was!

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2022 9:10 AM

Until we get photos of Penn in the kilt...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2022 2:04 PM

Will they just bring back the teams that got kicked off? The cops and father/daughter?

Who else would the familiar faces be?

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2022 2:12 PM

Oh Jesus R101 JUST said that. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2022 2:12 PM

Penn has really long fingers.

Does that mean he has a HUGE cock?

Also, you could totally see the disappointment on the faces of the racers when Phil made the announcement that they were being cancelled. Some of them looked pissed.

I wonder why team heroes and the gay couple couldn't make it back? Anyone know?

I never thought about it, but the person who mentioned the vaxxing thing as why some couldn't participate, made sense.

Team heroes could be anti-vaxxers, but I don't think the gay couple look like anti-vaxxers. Although you never know.

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....I wanted the HEROES back.....

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2022 4:07 PM

Penn is such a closet case. No straight dude acts like he does and they certainly have no idea who Martha Graham is.

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2022 4:11 PM

I thought I was going to hate the parents when the show first introduced them, but they are very likable and he is adorable. Even she's fine. They worked really well together this last leg - she gave him good directions with the driving and he listened to her and didn't lose his temper (which is rare for the male half of a straight married couple on these shows). The only team I didn't like was the Love Island fake relationship. Otherwise it's a good group. Sad about the Heroes and cute gay husbands not returning.

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2022 4:11 PM

The gay husband team knew they wouldn't get much farther in the race based upon the first 3 legs. They were smart not to upend their lives again since they had little chance of winning. The safety protocols were probably a bitch when the race resumed.

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2022 4:22 PM

True R109 - they were very sweet though - will miss them.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2022 4:25 PM

I would totally hit on Penn at a cocktail party, but he looks like a straight tease.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2022 4:36 PM

Team Detroit, the father & daughter, were profiled in a local article & the father talked about the mechanics of returning after the hiatus, so I assumed they would be continuing. I just didn’t think they had first been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2022 5:38 PM

Of the (non-eliminated) teams, I only counted 5 returnees. If 7 of the 11 original teams resume competition, that would mean the (only) 2 eliminated teams are returning, also.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2022 5:43 PM

[quote] Of the (non-eliminated) teams, I only counted 5 returnees. If 7 of the 11 original teams resume competition, that would mean the (only) 2 eliminated teams are returning, also.

I don't think the producers were too bothered by the smaller number of teams.

Given the logistical nightmare of Covid and racing around the world, it was probably a happy medium for them.

They got to bring some teams back, but they didn't have to bring ALL the teams back.

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2022 5:45 PM

Here's the Detroit News article referenced by R112.

I hope the three non-eliminated teams - I'm not counting Caro & Ray, who are no longer a "team" - unable or unwilling to return, will be afforded an opportunity to appear on a future season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2022 6:14 PM

It would seem fairer for new teams to have been added rather than bringing back eliminated teams. It would've been something if the twins, already saved by a non-elimination round, had been eliminated on the third leg, only to be brought back wen the season resumed.

I didn't think we had seen the last of the father/daughter team by virtue of their edit in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2022 6:18 PM

But the daughter was about to be married. Unless the wedding was delayed . . .

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2022 6:29 PM

The daughter was to be married - to her original proposed AR team member - in June 2020. She could’ve gotten married as scheduled & still returned to the race.

by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote] But the daughter was about to be married. Unless the wedding was delayed . . .

Hey guess what?

YOU CAN STILL GO ON THE AMAZING RACE IF YOU'RE MARRIED!

Omg, are people really this dumb?

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2022 10:58 PM

Penn made folks happy with his Christmas jammies. This is the video that made them YouTube famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 13, 2022 11:29 PM

There's something so sexy about a silly straight guy.

Penn really turns me on.

by Anonymousreply 121January 13, 2022 11:44 PM

He reminds me of Robert Gant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 13, 2022 11:46 PM

My point is not that she CAN’T go if she’s married. It’s that she won’t want to.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2022 5:00 AM

Penn is not the one I want to see in jammies.

by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2022 2:35 PM

In the interview at R115 the daughter/father team say because of Covid they were forced to drive and NOT use Taxi's

So since they were eliminated prior to the lockdown, that leads me to believe the first two eliminated teams will be back

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2022 2:48 PM

So the teams knew they were racing in early COVID times, and yet one of the flight attendants constantly hugs random people when given clues, etc. The other flight attendant even said when in a London train station (I think), "Oh! I was here two weeks ago!"

Seems like they weren't being advised to use any precautions. To be fair, I don't recall seeing any masks on people in public, so these early legs must have been filmed before masks became recommended/necessary.

by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote] So the teams knew they were racing in early COVID times, and yet one of the flight attendants constantly hugs random people when given clues, etc.

They were filming in February 2020 - things didn't get locked down until March 2020

So back then Covid wasn't a thing, until the third leg.

by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2022 3:04 PM

In February 2020 Covid WAS a thing, just official lockdowns hadn't happened. In California, we had already started wearing masks on our own and limiting contact. In fact, in January we knew something serious was going around. I suppose we were fortunate to have good, reliable resources at Stanford University giving information to residents in the Bay area; friends and family in other parts of the country chuckled when we told them to buckle up and hold on.

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2022 3:10 PM

As I recall, in February & early March 2020, masked individuals were quite the outlier. At least in the Democratic part of the Midwest in which I live.

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2022 4:05 PM

R75, Neither the proverbial hell nor high water would have kept Team Famewhores from returning!

I mean, come on; Penn and wife did that kilt vaudeville bit like they were auditioning for their own Reality TV show.

Which, IMNSHO, is their ultimate goal beyond the AR prize, and has been throughout all their family YouTube productions (wife Kim is called a "star" of them), television appearances, and company founding.

I predict they will get their wish, so be prepared for "Hold(erness) On!". Or some such.

They have their own Wikipedia page, FGS.

Perhaps irrationally, I find them unutterably insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 14, 2022 4:20 PM

Well, R130, it’s not like they have real jobs that would’ve presented an obstacle.

by Anonymousreply 131January 14, 2022 4:22 PM

I don't care for the trend of having YouTube influencers and other D-listers on shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor. The shows seem to want to tie into these contestants' fan base for ratings. The guys who took down a terrorist on a French train are a different story in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 132January 14, 2022 4:28 PM

Maybe one of the challenges for the returning teams would be to go to deep into MAGA country to get as many people masked as possible.

by Anonymousreply 133January 14, 2022 4:41 PM

This is why I still love "Amazing Race" and why even CBS can't fuck it up.

There is such a sense of accomplishment and I still tear up at moments like the Indian girl trying to comfort her dad. SO glad they will be back and hope they win, just to send a good message about her helping those other teams and not paying for it badly. All the show needs is genuinely nice people to root for and that seems go be the case this season. (I like that the two cops will be back too for another chance, they handled their early elimination so well).

by Anonymousreply 134January 14, 2022 6:05 PM

R131, Yes, they've made sure of that.

by Anonymousreply 135January 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Yes R134 I teared up too at the girl and her dad.

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 136January 14, 2022 6:39 PM

[quote] I don't care for the trend of having YouTube influencers and other D-listers on shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor. The shows seem to want to tie into these contestants' fan base for ratings.

I’m sure that’s a factor but I imagine they like casting those teams because they’re more able to accommodate the filming schedule. Young single YouTubers or Instagramers can easily take a month to race around the world or sit on an island whereas regular folks really have to juggle work schedules and family responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 137January 14, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote] Neither the proverbial hell nor high water would have kept Team Famewhores from returning!

If they're to be believed, they said on their podcast that they turned down the chance to return in September when first they were approached, thinking it would be too irresponsible to run around in the Covid world. They reconsidered once the safety protocols were explained.

by Anonymousreply 138January 14, 2022 7:53 PM

Why didn’t the gays return?

by Anonymousreply 139January 15, 2022 7:58 AM

R139, I’ve read that a brother of one of them had just died.

by Anonymousreply 140January 15, 2022 8:45 AM

R136, I would have reared up, but all I kept thinking was, “You’re wasting time! Get moving and cry later!”

by Anonymousreply 141January 15, 2022 9:37 AM

come back, Spencer & Anthony.....come back. We NEED your hotness the rest of the season.......

by Anonymousreply 142January 15, 2022 5:27 PM

I agree R142.

I just like their vibe, and I'm so bummed they didn't come back.

The show needs more "good guys" like them.

I'm so sick of the nasty cut throat people on the race.

by Anonymousreply 143January 15, 2022 5:30 PM

I also love that, even if he wanted ro, the dad didn't make the daughter feel worse about helping the other teams. (She no doubt felt bad enough). So good karma for them on their return.

by Anonymousreply 144January 15, 2022 8:18 PM

R142, I'm finally caught up and was wondering why they didn't come back. I hope they're still friends.. I guess it could be for vaxx or career reasons I guess.

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2022 3:35 AM

See the moment The Amazing Race encountered its biggest roadblock yet.

While filming season 33 in early 2020, the cast and crew of the CBS series encountered a problem that they've never had to deal with before: a pandemic. At that time, they were only three episodes into the season and information about the coronavirus was limited, but out of an abundance of caution, they decided to put the race on hold.

And now, E! News has an exclusive look at the moment Keoghan made that announcement. In the clip, filmed on Feb. 28, 2020, he explains, "Right now, the world is dealing with the coronavirus and in order to keep you safe, we believe the best choice for all of us is to suspend the race.

Little did everyone know that the pitstop would last more than 18 months.

Looking back, contestant Akbar Cook said, "For them to shut down a race of this magnitude—in February, it was a scary time."

Coming back, though, was pretty damn amazing. Even though there are limitations and risks to filming in the COVID-19 era, Keoghan has found a silver lining, saying, "In a way, it's kind of fun to flirt with a different way of doing the show. One of the ways that we're adjusting is, we're saying, 'Okay, we're not going to put you on a commercial flight.' We won't be allowing our teams to go out and just jump on public transport. So I'm excited for them to try the race in a different way."

Naturally contestants were game for whatever. Flight attendants Raquel Moore and Cayla Platt shared that they are among the many in their industry who were furloughed, so returning to the race was a welcome distraction. Cayla said, "We've been through a lot."

For Ryan Ferguson and Dusty Harris, life has also changed in those 18 months, with Dusty revealing that he welcomed a healthy baby boy named Miles.

And the contestants aren't viewing their break as a disadvantage, with many using the time to get in even better shape and, yes, practice their driving skills. As Cayla put it, she and Raquel "are so competitive and we know our abilities, so I think this time we're going to be easier on ourselves."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 18, 2022 2:36 AM

Come on, let's see an entire season of teams of DLers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 18, 2022 2:51 AM

You are rewriting history, r128. Even the WHO wasn't calling COVID a pandemic until March 11. I had been keeping up on everything here since January, but COVID wasnt even on most radars until late February/early March, and even then, nobody was too worried until that week that oil crashed, the NBA shut down, and lockdowns were suddenly in place. Nobody was wearing masks because we were told they wouldn't prevent transmission.

by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2022 6:24 AM

People were definitely talking about COVID before then, r148. I worked the Super Bowl in Miami in 2020 and had flights in January and early February. There were people in the airports were already wearing masks (a minority, granted) and everyone I worked with was talking about whether we should be taking more precautions. I remember on the flight to Miami someone sneezed several times and most of us on the plane turned to look at him nervously. I think most people at that point were expecting it to be something like SARS which didn't really affect the U.S. but people were definitely aware of it. Certainly a show like the Amazing Race dealing with international travel would have been paying attention to WHO recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2022 9:50 AM

R148, I emailed friends in February 2020 to stock up on necessities: foodstuffs; toiletries; water; disinfectants. A college student in Philly had the Coronavirus at the end of January 2020.

by Anonymousreply 150January 18, 2022 3:23 PM

I don't know why you crazy people are trying to re-write history.

NO ONE was concerned about Covid until the lockdowns happened. Most Americans were oblivious.

The only people who were concerned about it, were either medical workers, high-level government officials, or people "in the know."

I was actually traveling, and I lucked out because I returned home on a Sunday, and the city I was visiting kicked out all of the non-residents from hotels. They were shit out of luck, and had to find flights home immediately.

Does that SOUND like people knew what was going on?

People were stranded at airports, and kicked out of hotels, and desperately trying to find a way home because the lockdowns happened so suddenly.

So please SHUT THE FUCK UP about how "everyone knew."

Nobody knew, except for the well-informed. Stupid smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 151January 18, 2022 6:18 PM

People in the know are people!

by Anonymousreply 152January 18, 2022 6:40 PM

Inside stuff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 18, 2022 7:35 PM

I'd like to see a behind-the-scenes look at TAR. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the unseen crew fits into cabs.

by Anonymousreply 154January 18, 2022 8:20 PM

Cagemeat Ryan always seemed to be smiling and in a good mood. It’s nice he was able to keep a positive outlook after what he went through. Or maybe he’s still excited to be out in the world free.

by Anonymousreply 155January 18, 2022 8:41 PM

[quote] Cagemeat Ryan always seemed to be smiling and in a good mood. It’s nice he was able to keep a positive outlook after what he went through. Or maybe he’s still excited to be out in the world free.

Plus he has a $10,000,000 settlement in the bank, R155!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 18, 2022 8:46 PM

I could forward you my 2/20 email, r151.

by Anonymousreply 157January 18, 2022 11:28 PM

I would love to run the race. I wouldn't even need the million-dollar prize to get me to go. I'd do it just for the race. My then-boyfriend/now-husband and I applied when you had to make a VHS tape to go with your application. I don't think I could convince him to do it now though.

by Anonymousreply 158January 18, 2022 11:31 PM

I don't understand this strategy, of teams buying up all available seats on flights so other teams can't fly out:

[quote] "We had one team order over $300,000 worth of tickets for one flight, it was just ridiculous," says van Munster. "They would book every flight out of town! So now they can only book one flight – ensuring that's the flight they want to be on."

by Anonymousreply 159January 18, 2022 11:59 PM

They'd book up all of the available seats on their flight so other teams would have to take a later flight.

by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2022 10:03 AM

R151, none of us said that EVERYONE knew about Covid in early 2020 and that it was a pandemic then, but many people did know. My cousin nearly died in December 2019 after traveling overseas (later to be confirmed as Covid), and in January we had started limiting interactions with people, wearing masks, etc because we knew something serious was going around. Just because you weren't aware doesn't mean no one knew.

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2022 10:08 AM

It's on tonight!!! The world is waiting!!!!

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2022 2:37 PM

This preview from yesterday has Penn looking tan and handsome, but our cagemeat boyfriend is looking HAF, prison really did that boy good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 19, 2022 8:52 PM

That's because the race resumed in the Summer time, R163.

by Anonymousreply 164January 19, 2022 10:13 PM

On tonight - here in Canada it airs at 7PM - two hours EARLIER than the USA at 9PM

So I'll be live-commenting in about 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 165January 19, 2022 10:34 PM

Don’t post spoilers. Canadians are supposed to be nice, eh?

by Anonymousreply 166January 19, 2022 10:39 PM

R166 I'll put ***SPOILERS*** at the top so people can skip

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2022 10:42 PM

Ryan and Dusty are so damned hot.

I need to see them have sex with each other. ASAP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2022 10:54 PM

On now in Canada!

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2022 11:00 PM

****SPOILERS****(

Official gone

Connie & Sam

Heroes

Caro & Ray

Gay Couple

and the first two eliminated teams did indeed return to replace the four teams that opted out

by Anonymousreply 170January 19, 2022 11:04 PM

Ryan on the Amazing Race tonight

"I'm used to being lockdown down, so that was old school for me"

by Anonymousreply 171January 19, 2022 11:06 PM

All the teams are wearing masks when they are in a crowded space

by Anonymousreply 172January 19, 2022 11:14 PM

Almost finished watching it here in Canada

and just to tell you DLers

Your two favorites are safe for another week.

by Anonymousreply 173January 19, 2022 11:50 PM

OMG History repeats itself tonight from the first episode! that is ALL I WILL say

But WOW!

by Anonymousreply 174January 19, 2022 11:58 PM

Ryan’s prison experience at R156 sounds terrible, his three cell mates looking at him like a “snack” sounds pretty terrible for a pretty young boy, despite DL fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 175January 20, 2022 12:17 AM

R175 on tonight Amazing Race right at the top, Ryan makes a joke about his prison experience

by Anonymousreply 176January 20, 2022 12:22 AM

Sad to hear bout the twins' grandmother. For repeat performance team, wasn't there a display model to emulate? But more importantly, Ryan shows off legs tonight, which is worth taking another look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 20, 2022 1:13 AM

I'm so scared for Ryan.

Flying these little private planes is never a good idea...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 20, 2022 1:21 AM

Ryan in those shorts tonight….so hot!

by Anonymousreply 179January 20, 2022 1:33 AM

Some nice bulging in Phil’s jeans.

by Anonymousreply 180January 20, 2022 3:34 AM

Ryan is making up for lost time...!

by Anonymousreply 181January 20, 2022 5:19 AM

If I were an African American, I would not be very happy with team selection this year.

by Anonymousreply 182January 20, 2022 5:20 AM

***SPOILERS:

Poor Sheri gets to confront her fear of heights again next week.

by Anonymousreply 183January 20, 2022 6:29 AM

It was somewhat comical when Sherri caused the traffic jam by blocking the trail going through the mountain while practically all of the other teams were returning the other way. Kudos though that the other teams were "You can do it, Sherri!" instead of "Move it, toots!"

by Anonymousreply 184January 20, 2022 2:14 PM

Akbar is so mean to Sherri.....it's not as if he's so great when he's doing a challenge......

by Anonymousreply 185January 20, 2022 2:24 PM

Akbar is hard to watch. It reminds me of watching my father snap and get nasty with my mother (MARY!!!!). Love Sherri but that dynamic is shitty - would be fine with them getting eliminated. He wasn't even kind when she finished that mountain challenge - which was so difficult for her. She was carrying all her stuff while he walked ahead of her without even looking back. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 186January 20, 2022 2:42 PM

I really dislike Akbar. He's so negative and the opposite of motivational. His concept of leadership and coaching is actually bullying and tormenting. Sherri seems beaten down and numb to it. I bet he's triggering for some domestic abuse victims.

by Anonymousreply 187January 20, 2022 3:02 PM

Yes R187, he's triggering for me (MARY! but seriously). I remember that dynamic very clearly from when I was a kid. And if this is how he acts with cameras around...

On the other hand, those parents - Pen and whatever her name is - seem very healthy and well-matched. They don't lose their tempers and seem genuinely supportive of one another. Their kids will probably grow up to have healthy adult relationships lol. Imagine...

by Anonymousreply 188January 20, 2022 4:29 PM

Akbar is a loser and a failure.

He knows it, but he still projects that onto his wife.

by Anonymousreply 189January 20, 2022 4:38 PM

Penn is the very definition of Big Dick Face. And wife is sexy. Love her "I'm a sure thing" quip.

The "more black contestants" angle doesn't seem to be working too well. Who will be left once Akbar and his wife are gone?

by Anonymousreply 190January 20, 2022 5:03 PM

r186, I agree. I really wanted them to be eliminated mainly because of his big ugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 191January 20, 2022 5:17 PM

I believe this season started before the whole George Floyd thing which was the trigger for CBS deciding that all their reality shows will have half the contestants as POC going forward

by Anonymousreply 192January 20, 2022 5:29 PM

Ryan wins no matter what...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 20, 2022 5:51 PM

Ryan is a snack!

by Anonymousreply 194January 20, 2022 5:59 PM

Why These Four Pairs Didn't Return to Amazing Race After Covid Shutdown

Taylor and Isaiah Green-Jones released this statement

"Now that the episode has aired, I'm able to share why we didn't return to the race after the 19 month hiatus," Taylor wrote on Instagram. "My big brother/protector Montrell 'Kirk' passed away from covid 2 days after we arrived for the restart of the race. As you can imagine this was devastating for our family, friends & loved ones. Without question we left the show to be back home and support out family."

The couple went on to thank CBS and the show for "working with us and making it a priority to get home safe to our loved ones," before also thanking the other teams and viewers at home for all their support. They added they hoped to "return to the race in the future and claim victory."

Heroes Anthony Sadler and Spencer Stone

The two "definitely wanted to come back," but a lot had changed in 19 months. "I had actually just started a career job ... I kinda just got the position I had been wanting for a while and I couldn't, at that time in my life, I couldn't take that much time off," he added.

Spencer said he was "ready to rock" and added the two were "both sad" they couldn't return. "It's just a timing thing, really," said Anthony.

Sam and Connie

They confirmed Connie's pregnancy kept them from returning. The two recently welcomed a baby boy, with Connie saying she couldn't return at seven months pregnant. "When we got back, Connie could not take her hands off of me," he joked

Caro and Ray

The newly-dating, long-distance duo haven't officially said why they didn't come back -- but Caro revealed in July 2020 that she and Ray had split, so the two probably didn't want to work together as a team a full year after breaking up.

by Anonymousreply 195January 20, 2022 6:49 PM

Too bad about the heroes. They had a good shot to win.

by Anonymousreply 196January 20, 2022 7:09 PM

Well, at least none of them asserted they were antivax

by Anonymousreply 197January 20, 2022 7:16 PM

You have to be pretty rich to be antivax with a million dollars on the line.

by Anonymousreply 198January 20, 2022 7:19 PM

Where did you find that, r195?

by Anonymousreply 199January 20, 2022 8:10 PM

I just realized that a documentary about Ryan's case has been on my Watchlist for awhile.

It's called DREAM/KILLER and is currently on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 20, 2022 8:20 PM

Penn, Ryan and Dusty all in one video.

My dream come true!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 20, 2022 11:36 PM

Apparently, the two returnee teams both had to complete a speed bump which wasn't aired, and this contributed to their 6th and last-place finishes.

by Anonymousreply 202January 20, 2022 11:40 PM

Too bad the homos couldn’t return. Blessings to them.

by Anonymousreply 203January 21, 2022 2:36 AM

Caro is a smart girl to have ended it with Ray. What a douche he was.

by Anonymousreply 204January 21, 2022 2:49 AM

I found Caro incredibly annoying, which I guess shouldn't be surprising for a type of person who goes on a show like "Love, Island."

by Anonymousreply 205January 21, 2022 2:59 AM

Why couldn't they bring back Charla and Mirna? I'm sure they still have Charla's little suit of armor in storage in case they do another knight challenge.

Still the funniest thing ever in Amazing Race history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 21, 2022 3:11 AM

The scenery was spectacular!

I could never have done what Sherri did, so kudos to her and the rest who walked along that scary path! Why didn't her husband undertake that task?

by Anonymousreply 207January 21, 2022 5:00 AM

Seems like every season, they have at least 1 couple where the husband is just one short second away from beating the crap out of his wife. Welcome to the club Akbar!

by Anonymousreply 208January 21, 2022 11:33 AM

I don't doubt if Akbar said something mean and/or ungracious to Sherri when she returned, but the producers, probably wisely, cut the footage. It was telling enough that they showed this very nice woman who had conquered her fear of heights, loaded down with her gear, her husband not even congratulating her as he moves on, leaving space between them.

by Anonymousreply 209January 21, 2022 6:17 PM

I really wanted to like Akbar and Sherri. Loved their backstory. Hate seeing him treat her so bad

by Anonymousreply 210January 21, 2022 6:44 PM

I hate it when you like one team member but want the team eliminated because you don’t like the other team member. I like Sheri but Akbar acts like a punk bitch.

by Anonymousreply 211January 21, 2022 8:17 PM

When they get eliminated will GAYle interview them on CBS THIS MORNING?

They are Oprah beneficiaries after all.....

by Anonymousreply 212January 21, 2022 10:21 PM

Watching the Penn & Kim Podcast - two things

Covid was not a thing when they left and even when they came back after the show was postponned

Kim says when they came back to the USA after leg three, NO ONE was talking about Covid of the pandemic in America - it was only a week later when things got shut down

But when they went back 18 months later - Ryan & Dusty took their shirts off in the first 15 minutes of the teams being back - as both men used the down time to bulk-up. And showed off their muscles to the other teams

Which explains why the two all-female teams the last episodes were dissing Ryan & Dusty at the pit-stop, saying they need to be taken down a peg,

by Anonymousreply 213January 21, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote] Covid was not a thing when they left and even when they came back after the show was postponned

You have got to be shrooming.

by Anonymousreply 214January 21, 2022 11:01 PM

I just watched the opening segment and I was a little teary-eyed at the re-introductions.

by Anonymousreply 215January 21, 2022 11:15 PM

I was too R215

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2022 12:04 AM

I'm so glad Cagemeat wore semi-short shorts for his flag challenge.

by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2022 2:12 AM

R217, man those were some incredible legs and thighs! Very distracting, but the best kind of distracting (*not* the bad kind where you see a hot well-built guy with chicken legs). Especially when he was traversing that rocky ridge, and his shorts kept riding up. I hope he shows up in tights at some point, like Leo from last season, with his incredible tights-clad ass.

by Anonymousreply 218January 22, 2022 3:33 AM

Was cageboy a pass around bottom in the clink?

by Anonymousreply 219January 22, 2022 6:30 AM

[quote] I'm so glad Cagemeat wore semi-short shorts for his flag challenge.

I love how in the video at R201, Ryan starts touching his dick (through his shorts).

So hot.

by Anonymousreply 220January 22, 2022 9:06 AM

[quote] I could never have done what Sherri did, so kudos to her and the rest who walked along that scary path! Why didn't her husband undertake that task?

R207, if I recall correctly,. Sherri said she'd do the task because Akbar is a giant of a man and would have had trouble moving on the narrow trails.

by Anonymousreply 221January 23, 2022 3:10 AM

His nasty reaction to Sherri coming back when she finished the task was (rightfully) so proud of herself for conquering that fear and working her way through it was really disturbing. She deserves better than that. She seems like a lovely person and has a beautiful smile. He seems just horrible.

They really need to test the dynamics of some of these married couples better in the casting process. Who wants to watch some decades long abusive relationship?

by Anonymousreply 222January 23, 2022 3:28 AM

I really want Ryan to lose it at some point in the race & kill someone.

by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2022 7:49 PM

I know they're both supposedly straight, but Ryan and Dusty really do it for me.

I love how in this return episode, Ryan was all over Dusty. First, on the bus when he gives Dusty a big bear hug "We're back baby!"

Then in the close-up interviews with the two of them, Dusty is sitting in between Ryan's two legs which are spread apart.

The body language between them is hot.

And Dusty keeps calling Ryan "Baby!"

But the best part really was Ryan in those tight shorts. I love how Dusty commented on Ryan's calves, and how they're like "two bowling balls" or something like that.

Interesting that Dusty takes good notes on Ryan's bulging body parts. ;o)

by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2022 9:57 PM

I love how Dusty would call Ryan "baby" affectionately, I am not claiming either of them are gay, but it was just adorable.

by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2022 10:05 PM

And didn’t Dusty comment on Ryan’s calves? It was quite the description but I can’t remember exactly how he described them.

by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2022 10:15 PM

Cantaloupes.

by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2022 10:49 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cagemeat Ryan developed a casual fondness for same sex encounters in the pen and the two of them are fucking.

by Anonymousreply 228January 24, 2022 12:13 AM

AR needs to bring back the mud volleyball challenge from years ago while Ryan and Dusty are still in the race. That was a popular challenge when Sam & Dan - gay brothers - did it in tightie whities. This photo shows the lesser cute bro. Both needed lots of pixelation over their crotches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 24, 2022 12:26 AM

Ryan Ferguson on life’s challenges and “The Amazing Race”

Ryan Ferguson spent a decade in prison after he was wrongfully convicted of murder. Now, as a competitor on "The Amazing Race," he shares his journey with "48 Hours" correspondent Erin Moriarty, who has covered his story from the beginning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 24, 2022 8:47 PM

^^^^^ Ryan is living in NYC now selling real estate.

by Anonymousreply 231January 24, 2022 10:22 PM

Ryan is a gay.

by Anonymousreply 232January 24, 2022 10:30 PM

It would be nice this season if the non-returning teams joined the eliminated teams to welcome the winning & finalist teams at the mat.

by Anonymousreply 233January 24, 2022 11:14 PM

R232, as disappointing as it is, he has a very beautiful girlfriend. I’m still not unconvinced he and Dusty don’t trade the occasional blowjob though.

by Anonymousreply 234January 25, 2022 6:14 AM

If they could return for the end of the race, they’d be in the race.

by Anonymousreply 235January 25, 2022 6:33 AM

[quote] It would be nice this season if the non-returning teams joined the eliminated teams to welcome the winning & finalist teams at the mat.It would be nice this season if the non-returning teams joined the eliminated teams to welcome the winning & finalist teams at the mat.

Committing to being available to stand & cheer for one day - on a date certain - is very different than committing to being available for a race.

by Anonymousreply 236January 25, 2022 9:45 AM

Plus, the race ends in the US which eliminates travelling to foreign countries during a global pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 237January 25, 2022 3:16 PM

"Stairway to Hell" episode sneak peak of Ryan and Dusty.

Ryan is so cute with his muscles, his chestnuts, and his Travelocity Gnome.

The fisting leather queen selling the chestnuts, seemed to have a crush on Ryan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 25, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote][R232], as disappointing as it is, he has a very beautiful girlfriend. I’m still not unconvinced he and Dusty don’t trade the occasional blowjob though.

R234, I think they're more the mutual no-homo handjob type during the race.

by Anonymousreply 239January 25, 2022 7:48 PM

Once you go cagemeat . . .

by Anonymousreply 240January 25, 2022 7:50 PM

[quote] If they could return for the end of the race, they’d be in the race.

Oops. I see that I quoted from the wrong post in my earlier post.

by Anonymousreply 241January 26, 2022 12:23 AM

Amazing Race starts 2 hours earlier in Canada

Will be watching tonight, won't post anything unless something MAJOR happens. and even then I'll preference it with "Spoiler" alert

by Anonymousreply 242January 26, 2022 10:45 PM

Not a spoiler because they previewed a bungee jump for the next episode (Road Block)

But producers gave Akbar and Sherri NO CHOICE as to who would do the bungee jump - it had to be Sherri

Because Akbar is TOO FAT! Watch tonight, it is embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 243January 26, 2022 11:10 PM

[quote] producers gave Akbar and Sherri NO CHOICE as to who would do the bungee jump - it had to be Sherri

[quote] Because Akbar is TOO FAT!

Hmm. That seems unfair.

Why let him on the race, if they know it will affect what challenges he can and cannot do?

by Anonymousreply 244January 26, 2022 11:12 PM

Cagemeat opts NOT to do the "sausage" challenge at the detour

Gee I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 245January 26, 2022 11:25 PM

They get plenty of sausage back at their room, R245.

by Anonymousreply 246January 26, 2022 11:26 PM

Ryan to Dusty "Hold on, I'm stripping down"

and you will have to wait and see what he "strips" off!

by Anonymousreply 247January 26, 2022 11:32 PM

Ok both of the teams that DL LOVES are safe for another week

by Anonymousreply 248January 26, 2022 11:51 PM

[quote] Ok both of the teams that DL LOVES are safe for another week

If you're talking about Ryan & Dusty, and Penn and his wife, then I'm not surprised.

I'm guessing they both make it to the Final 3. They're really strong teams.

by Anonymousreply 249January 27, 2022 12:01 AM

R249 yes

by Anonymousreply 250January 27, 2022 12:04 AM

From the previews it looks like team cagemeat has some troubles next week, at least Ryan’s in his short shorts and a tank top. They better survive the next leg. What are the chances he spent ten years in prison without a little man sex?

by Anonymousreply 251January 27, 2022 2:25 AM

R251 the previews also show Cagement muscles bulging!

by Anonymousreply 252January 27, 2022 3:03 AM

I’m sorry, but navigating using a map is not that hard. There’s no excuse for going the “scenic route” or the wrong direction. Especially if you know it’s a weak point for you. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 253January 27, 2022 4:54 AM

I can't abide the stupid Arun. He can't even read directional signs when he's looking for them. Should have been eliminated this episode.

by Anonymousreply 254January 27, 2022 5:23 AM

Sherri needs to dump Akbar's fat arse post-AR.

by Anonymousreply 255January 27, 2022 5:25 AM

Natalia and Arun crack me up. They are so damned clueless!

I can't even count how many times they got lost or went in the wrong direction. But it's definitely amusing to watch.

As for Sheri and Akbar, damn I give that lady credit. I would never have expected her to do any of the things that she did. From the bungee to walking up those stairs. She constantly amazes me. And her husband gives her zero credit for any of it.

[quote] From the previews it looks like team cagemeat has some troubles next week, at least Ryan’s in his short shorts and a tank top. They better survive the next leg.

I really hope that Dusty's comment at the pit stop wasn't foreshadowing them getting eliminated.

He said something like, "you can come in first twice, but then the race can crush you at the next stop." I would be so damned disappointed, especially to have a terrible team like Arun and Natalia beat them.

The twins are the real surprise, though. They are doing much better than I ever expected.

by Anonymousreply 256January 27, 2022 6:04 AM

The twins and the flight attendants both had nice, positive attitudes.

by Anonymousreply 257January 27, 2022 6:33 AM

Jeez, the host has AGED horribly. Only 54, but looks at least 62. Those hooded eyes, and the drinker's bags!

by Anonymousreply 258January 27, 2022 7:12 AM

That bungee jump was the most frightening one they've done. I wouldn't have even liked looking off of the dam let alone jumping off of it.

I love that they are having to drive themselves instead of relying on taxis. It adds to the challenge of the race. On the other hand, I HATE the new way to start each leg where the first two teams leave at the same time, the next ones go 15 minutes later, and then the next 15 minutes later than that. It makes it a lot more challenging. I'm sure the first two teams in this leg were probably at least three hours ahead of the last team yet that advantage is wiped out. Of course, flying somewhere often bunched the teams up as well, but this rule turns the race into a series of smaller, individual, races instead of one long race.

by Anonymousreply 259January 27, 2022 1:25 PM

"You took so long to get here, our hostess had to leave."

A little Phil burn for the final team. HA!

by Anonymousreply 260January 27, 2022 3:27 PM

LOL r260 I noticed that too.

Last night's episode was kind of boring. I guess they are doing the best they can with COVID. Pen and whatever his wife's name is are my favorites at this point.

Akbar is such a nasty asshole. I bet he would have smacked Sherri right in the face for reminding him she did the two roadblocks if the cameras weren't there. When she was terrified of the bungee thing, he was laughing at her. He was "proud" of her for about 10 seconds before he started bitching at her again.

It just sucks the father/daughter are such fools that Akbar and Sherri keep making it through to the next leg.

by Anonymousreply 261January 27, 2022 3:40 PM

I believe the movie "Boys from Brazil" had the original bungee jump from that location, but they forgot the bungee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 27, 2022 3:48 PM

Arun and Natalia need to go home at this point. They clearly are not at the competitive level that the other teams are at this point in the race. They seem nice and I'm glad they're doing a once in a lifetime father-daughter adventure, but I won't miss them. I do hope they go home next over any other remaining team.

by Anonymousreply 263January 27, 2022 4:01 PM

They kept focus on the hostess’s little dog. I wonder if the detail figures in a future quiz challenge.

by Anonymousreply 264January 27, 2022 4:10 PM

And the twins got their shit together doing the break. The father daughter have lost a lot of goodwill they earned the first legs.

by Anonymousreply 265January 27, 2022 4:57 PM

No word from Phil about the father/daughter having to do a speed bump for being in last in a non-elimination round? Maybe out of mercy -- or exasperation of their production team having to wait around forever for them?

by Anonymousreply 266January 27, 2022 7:58 PM

R261 Sherri should have miscounted a few chestnut packs or wine bottles and made Akbar have to go get them and have to go up the staircase again; she should have pressed the point that she did the last two exceedingly difficult for her challenges, so you go! But she's sweet and unfortunately seems to be codependent. I don't like to wish a couple out for liking one half and disliking the other --- but I don't think they are as strong as the others anyway. It's most likely a matter of time before they're out. Wish Sherri would get out of that relationship though.

by Anonymousreply 267January 27, 2022 8:03 PM

They had 19 months. They couldn’t get in better shape?

by Anonymousreply 268January 27, 2022 10:03 PM

[quote]Sherri should have miscounted a few chestnut packs or wine bottles and made Akbar have to go get them and have to go up the staircase again; she should have pressed the point that she did the last two exceedingly difficult for her challenges, so you go!

That would've been an act of self-sabotage. Amazing Race rules are that team members must stay within 20 feet of each other, except in special situations (such as during Roadblocks). So, she couldn't have just chilled out at the bottom but would've had to climb the stairs along with him.

by Anonymousreply 269January 27, 2022 11:44 PM

Poor Sherri! I was scared she was going to have a heart attack on that insane bungee challenge!

by Anonymousreply 270January 27, 2022 11:45 PM

I love Sherri but hate her asshole husband. He’s a fat pig.

by Anonymousreply 271January 28, 2022 12:51 AM

Did she have to sweep up the glass when she broke the wine bottle?

by Anonymousreply 272January 28, 2022 1:21 AM

I couldn't have even walked on the dam, never mind bungee jumping!

How could the company assure that a jumper wouldn't swing back smack into the concrete?!

by Anonymousreply 273January 28, 2022 2:07 AM

[quote] How could the company assure that a jumper wouldn't swing back smack into the concrete?!

Trial and error?

by Anonymousreply 274January 28, 2022 4:28 AM

[quote] How could the company assure that a jumper wouldn't swing back smack into the concrete?!

This is one case where the precision of the Swiss is comforting for a change.

by Anonymousreply 275January 28, 2022 6:11 AM

I was surprised that the bungee jumpers weren't wearing helmets. Going a little off-course and bumping into the dam would have hurt.

by Anonymousreply 276January 28, 2022 1:16 PM

When they re-introduced the teams it was obvious that Akbar had piled on the pandemic pounds - he looks like a sad elephant.

by Anonymousreply 277January 28, 2022 1:45 PM

I’m always at a loss trying to understand why people with a fear of heights would choose to go on TAR.

by Anonymousreply 278January 29, 2022 12:54 AM

$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 279January 29, 2022 12:56 AM

Or go on Survivor when they can’t swim.

by Anonymousreply 280January 29, 2022 1:29 AM

I hate how Akbar calls Sherri 'bro.' "Come on, Bro!" WTF?

by Anonymousreply 281January 29, 2022 1:59 AM

I couldn't go on that narrow mountain path. I wasn't allowed to bungee jump 700 feet. I'm dumb like a big, fat fox!

by Anonymousreply 282January 29, 2022 2:09 AM

Starting at 28:28, when Penn & Kim are talking about her bungee jump, they note that Ryan & Dusty waited & Ryan hugged the weeping Penn for about three "magical" minutes. They both said they thought Ryan was "dreamy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 30, 2022 8:35 PM

Shades of Jerry F Jr.,, and why not ha ha

by Anonymousreply 284January 30, 2022 9:15 PM

I don’t have a fear of heights. I have a fear of falling from a height.

In other words, mountain hike is no problem, but bungee jump—nope.

by Anonymousreply 285January 30, 2022 10:15 PM

I am starting to wonder if the producers don't tell the racers to hype up their fear of heights for the camera, if you really have a fear of heights you don't go on TAR because you know there will be heights to deal with. It is reality TV after all.

by Anonymousreply 286January 30, 2022 10:28 PM

If you stay to the end of the recap in R283’s link, they bring in some of the other team members. Ryan & Dusty were together at a viewing party with the twins. The father & daughter team were separately present, Sherri & Akbar were there, too, as well as one of the flight attendants, & also the husband part of the team that didn’t return after the long delay. There seems to be a lot of love among them.

by Anonymousreply 287January 31, 2022 2:51 AM

[quote] Ryan hugged the weeping Penn for about three "magical" minutes.

I want Ryan to hug me from behind. While naked.

by Anonymousreply 288February 1, 2022 7:54 PM

"Say Cheese" sneak peek.

All I know is that Ryan and Dusty had better not get eliminated, or I'm going to stop watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289February 1, 2022 8:28 PM

We get to see both Ryan and Dusty in short shorts and tank tops tonight!

by Anonymousreply 290February 2, 2022 2:28 PM

Does anyone know how Ryan and Dusty know each other?

Prison cell mates?

by Anonymousreply 291February 2, 2022 7:39 PM

Childhood friends.

by Anonymousreply 292February 2, 2022 7:42 PM

Armpit hair showing?

by Anonymousreply 293February 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Canadian here again - Amazing Race is again airing 2 hours early - I'll let you know small things that happen. NO big things

by Anonymousreply 294February 2, 2022 10:33 PM

You will see Penn shirtless for a split second - it goes by very fast

by Anonymousreply 295February 2, 2022 11:38 PM

and then you see Ryan shirtless for a split second

by Anonymousreply 296February 2, 2022 11:38 PM

You might be worried that Team Ryan might be behind - BUT let's just say Akbar weight saves them in the end.

I'll leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 297February 2, 2022 11:44 PM

Whew!

Thanks for the good news, R297!

by Anonymousreply 298February 2, 2022 11:48 PM

LONG shirtless scenes of Ryan at the end

and Team Ryan is DAMN lucky that this series of challenges was physical, and that is all I will say other than this

Both your favorite teams are safe for next week

by Anonymousreply 299February 2, 2022 11:56 PM

7 minutes until 9PM showing

by Anonymousreply 300February 3, 2022 12:53 AM

Ryan is fucking gorgeous, I can’t believe he was locked away for a decade, he’s remarkably well adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 301February 3, 2022 1:29 AM

R301 wait until the pit stop - Ryan shows off his body, shirtless

by Anonymousreply 302February 3, 2022 1:50 AM

One of the best things about TAR is how they edit the previews for the next episode, which usually wind up having the opposite effect. Example: team is shown running or driving while proclaiming "We're SO lost, we'll never catch up!" - but when aired, they think they're behind but are actually in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 303February 3, 2022 2:19 AM

I hate it when they abbreviate the opening credits. I’ve created my own lyrics to the theme tune and I hardly ever get to sing it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 304February 3, 2022 2:31 AM

R303 but this time Team Ryan came from behind - from last to 3rd. and that was exciting!

by Anonymousreply 305February 3, 2022 2:44 AM

It isn't right that the dad and daughter who were not eliminated last leg didn't have to do a speed bump this leg.

by Anonymousreply 306February 3, 2022 2:58 AM

[quote] didn't have to do a speed bump this leg.

Maybe they did have a speed bump, and it wasn't aired. We will have to wait for confirmation from the show

by Anonymousreply 307February 3, 2022 3:01 AM

I love the shot of the six teams on the charter plane, it looks like a real nice way to travel

by Anonymousreply 308February 3, 2022 3:40 AM

I loved the stews teasing the boys about stripping down on camera.

by Anonymousreply 309February 3, 2022 5:04 AM

The black dude always gives his wife grief for being slow. She was nice to him when he led to their loss

by Anonymousreply 310February 3, 2022 11:38 AM

Arun with his "eye see you" sign to Phil at the end. Please go away. (Did you catch that brief scene where the very first move Arun made was to start off going the wrong way and had to be corrected?)

Akbar is large. Did you know that? I don't think he ever mentioned it, or his size 15 feet. Hit the bricks.

I think it will come down to Team Penn and Team Pen.

"I know how to make cheese. I know how to make cheese " Probably never in a speed race, though. But all's well, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 311February 3, 2022 1:01 PM

I think we need a screen grab of Team Cagemeat from last epi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312February 3, 2022 5:21 PM

Matching necklaces? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 313February 3, 2022 5:39 PM

I hate Akbar.

Everything he was grumbling to Sherri about, such as "don't make excuses" or "hurry up, I don't care if you're out of breath," were the same excuses he was making.

Watching his close-ups throughout the show, EVERYTHING was an excuse. "I'm a big guy." "My shoes are heavy." "The water was cold." "It was an uphill hike."

Omg, what a fucking complainer!!!!! And yet when Sherri tried to tell him those same things, he was like "stop making excuses."

FUCK HIM.

by Anonymousreply 314February 3, 2022 8:42 PM

Hot daddy Penn was looking good.

I don't know what to make of his wife. She looks like she could possibly be a total KAREN, but so far she has been good. I think that Penn talks to her in private, and keeps her Karen-ness in check.

Damn, Dusty and Ryan are so sexy. Loved seeing their sweaty pits during the challenges. Loved seeing their tight muscles and muscular legs. They are the hottest team to be on TAR in a very long time.

I especially love sweet Ryan. He is such a good guy. Which makes it even worse that he had to go through what he went through.

The twins are cute too. They fight with each other, but it's funny fighting.

I have to laugh at the end of the episode when Ryan took his vest off. The girls were obviously smitten, and then the Corsican man at the finish mat with Phil, did a little thumbs up. I was like, "huh?" Was he approving of Ryan's hot body? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 315February 3, 2022 8:50 PM

I don’t think the girls were smitten. More like eye-rolling.

by Anonymousreply 316February 3, 2022 8:52 PM

I'm sorry Sherri and Akbar were eliminated but I'm happy it happened on the challenge Akbar did. Sherri can always laud that over him. "At least we didn't get eliminated when I had to do the challenges!"

by Anonymousreply 317February 3, 2022 8:55 PM

R317, Sherri was so kind in her comments about Akbar.

She could have trashed him, but she was so gracious about it. And you can bet she wouldn't receive the same treatment from him.

One thing that has consistently bugged me about Akbar is his use of "I" instead of "we."

Sherri kept reminding him to say "we" because not only are they a team, but they're also married!

Yet it was always "I" and "Me."

That should tell you everything you need to know about this guy.

by Anonymousreply 318February 3, 2022 9:00 PM

Hopefully Sherri get to hear some of these kinds of supportive comments from some friends, other family members and people she meets after this show airs. She's hearing a whole other ballgame from her husband unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 319February 3, 2022 9:23 PM

I would advocate for some nude challenges, but seeing everyone except Ryan and Dusty.....well....no

by Anonymousreply 320February 3, 2022 10:10 PM

Penn is kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 321February 3, 2022 10:29 PM

Penn is very handsome. Dusty has the best body.

by Anonymousreply 322February 4, 2022 12:02 AM

On his recap podcast, Penn said if he had Ryan or Dusty's body ("ripped city"), he'd be shirtless in church.

by Anonymousreply 323February 4, 2022 12:44 AM

Wow, I need to visit Corsica!

Canyoning is thrilling. That cheese next week should be fun -- I guess they're headed to Sardinia (another beautiful Mediterranean island).

by Anonymousreply 324February 4, 2022 12:53 AM

I know it’s crazy to parse every frame of the show, but I love how cagemeat always sit shoulder to shoulder touching, their arms, their legs, they are very very comfortable with each other

by Anonymousreply 325February 4, 2022 2:51 AM

[quote] Matching necklaces? Hmmm.

Those are not matching necklaces - those are GPS devices all contestants must wear during challenges, so the production team can keep track of where they during the race. Contestants usually wear them underneath their clothing, but you saw them because Team Dusty/Ryan took their shirts off

by Anonymousreply 326February 4, 2022 3:00 AM

How insensitive of Dusty was it to tell Ryan that he “killed” that last leg?!

by Anonymousreply 327February 4, 2022 3:01 AM

[quote] but I love how cagemeat always sit shoulder to shoulder touching, their arms, their legs, they are very very comfortable with each other

When Ryan finished the challenge (moving ahead of Akbar) Dusty kissed him on the head

by Anonymousreply 328February 4, 2022 3:01 AM

I find Dusty hotter than Ryan. His story about his dad also made me a bit teary eyed (Mary!)

by Anonymousreply 329February 4, 2022 3:58 AM

R326–thanks for RUINING Valentines Day!

by Anonymousreply 330February 4, 2022 4:26 AM

Sure, Dusty’s fine, but he ain’t Cagemeat.

by Anonymousreply 331February 4, 2022 4:27 AM

R312, that's a great picture, but wow, both of them have the Tiny Nips, don't they? Still nice, though.

As for Penn, Kim is such a lucky goyle!

by Anonymousreply 332February 4, 2022 4:36 AM

Now that Akbar is gone - the only team left that I don't like is the father & daughter.....

by Anonymousreply 333February 4, 2022 4:08 PM

The father and daughter are quite inept, but they seem harmless.

by Anonymousreply 334February 4, 2022 4:21 PM

Sheri and Akbar are former athletes. They had 19 months to get in shape. But naw.

by Anonymousreply 335February 4, 2022 4:25 PM

According to Penn & Kim, R335, the additional work demands placed on them by Covid made that impractical.

by Anonymousreply 336February 4, 2022 4:42 PM

Pffft!

by Anonymousreply 337February 4, 2022 4:45 PM

I wonder if Penn secretly wants Ryan and Dusty in him, quite deeply?

by Anonymousreply 338February 4, 2022 7:15 PM

Do you remember several years ago when they did a bodybuilding challenge and the guys had to wear skimpy posing trunks and oil up their bodies?

by Anonymousreply 339February 4, 2022 7:21 PM

Penn is 6’5”.

by Anonymousreply 340February 4, 2022 7:25 PM

I hope Sherri divorces Akbar's abusive ass.

I'm glad HE was the one responsible for them being eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 341February 4, 2022 7:52 PM

I liked Shari but I’m glad they got eliminated because I was sick of Akbar’s big ugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 342February 4, 2022 8:55 PM

Actually, I think Dusty is hotter than Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 343February 5, 2022 1:54 AM

You’re not alone, R343.

by Anonymousreply 344February 5, 2022 2:16 AM

Just catching up. I DIED watching Akbar’s big ass struggle through that roadblock. Karma is a bitch! LOL

by Anonymousreply 345February 5, 2022 2:36 AM

[quote] I DIED watching Akbar’s big ass struggle through that roadblock.

Team Dusty & Ryan were damn lucky Akbar was so overweight

by Anonymousreply 346February 5, 2022 2:40 AM

Akbar could lose 5 pounds by shaving.

by Anonymousreply 347February 5, 2022 3:46 AM

Penn's pretty talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 5, 2022 6:42 AM

Gotta give Penn props, r348. He's talented. Should have left out the messy conversational "coda," which added zero to the video.

But "Check out our merch"? Yeah...no. You ain't THAT good.

by Anonymousreply 349February 5, 2022 8:05 AM

R348 God, I can't stand these two.

by Anonymousreply 350February 5, 2022 10:56 AM

Was Akbar trying to teach his kids that it's okay to be emotionally abusive of one's wife?

by Anonymousreply 351February 5, 2022 11:02 AM

I (surprisingly) like them, R350.

by Anonymousreply 352February 5, 2022 12:46 PM

But I fear they're on the Icarus Trajectory, r348, aka the Peter Principle, to wit:

IMO, Penn and Family have had as their ultimate goal their own television sit-com, like a 21st C. "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet."

However, should Team Penn be given one after their "AR" victory (the prerequisite), Family Holderness might find out that their best medium is YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353February 5, 2022 1:06 PM

I want Penn to hook up with the other Penn (and Teller).

by Anonymousreply 354February 5, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] It isn't right that the dad and daughter who were not eliminated last leg didn't have to do a speed bump this leg.

Effectively their speed bump was starting 15 minutes later than all the other teams.

I am very much team Rusty and Ryan but it just annoys the crap out of me when people think their dead relatives are sitting around in heaven helping them compete in Reality Television or anything else inconsequential. Everyone has dead relatives so even if they were helping out, so would everyone else's dead relatives and everything would still be equal and hopefully if there is any type of after life, everyone is out doing their own thing or helping out people with serious problems and not giving a leg up to someone on a stupid reality TV show, but that is Christianity, me, me, me and screw everyone else. Rant over.

by Anonymousreply 355February 6, 2022 1:47 AM

Did Dusty say he is a Christian?

by Anonymousreply 356February 6, 2022 1:56 AM

Dusty, not Rusty, R355.

by Anonymousreply 357February 6, 2022 1:57 AM

Some dead relatives are more skilled at manipulating reality than others.

by Anonymousreply 358February 6, 2022 5:06 AM

What kind of name is Dusty??!

by Anonymousreply 359February 6, 2022 11:59 AM

Maybe it’s short for Dustin.

by Anonymousreply 360February 6, 2022 12:08 PM

[quote] What kind of name is Dusty??!

I have no idea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361February 6, 2022 12:11 PM

Caro (of Team Caro & Ray) has broken her silence about why she didn't come back to the race. It had nothing to do with the break-up saying "a break-up is not stopping me from winning a million dollars) - she said the reason was her German passport. She is a German-Brazilian citizen and does not have an American passport. So if she left the USA to travel the race, she would not be allowed back into America until the pandemic was over.

by Anonymousreply 362February 6, 2022 8:17 PM

I'm at a loss, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363February 6, 2022 8:19 PM

If one gets started with "What kind of name is....?!" in some sort of umbrage-taking, beware the rabbit hole. J/S.

by Anonymousreply 364February 7, 2022 4:19 PM

New episode tonight.

Go team CAGE MEAT!

by Anonymousreply 365February 9, 2022 6:21 PM

Did the guy pay extra for one of those rapey, reclining seats that turn into a bed?

by Anonymousreply 366February 9, 2022 6:38 PM

Who is getting eliminated tonight?

by Anonymousreply 367February 9, 2022 6:40 PM

Crap. That was meant to post in a different thread. DL is acting crazy right now. It wasn't meant in regards to Cagemeat.

by Anonymousreply 368February 9, 2022 6:42 PM

Ryan and Dusty turn me on so badly.

It makes me hot thinking of them all alone in their room together, in between race legs.

by Anonymousreply 369February 9, 2022 7:50 PM

R369...entwined in each others' legs.

by Anonymousreply 370February 9, 2022 7:56 PM

Dusty: "Ryan, what was it like in prison? Did you ever have... cravings? Ten years is a long time."

Ryan: "Here. Let me show you."

by Anonymousreply 371February 9, 2022 8:27 PM

Love that one of the twins simultaneously called out them showing off their muscles/bodies while she probably wanted them, too!

by Anonymousreply 372February 9, 2022 8:38 PM

Hi Canadian here where Amazing Race airs two hours earlier

I'll be live-posting while watching the show, WON'T air any spoilers, but small that are not spoily I'll post

by Anonymousreply 373February 9, 2022 10:18 PM

On now!

by Anonymousreply 374February 9, 2022 11:01 PM

Penn speaks French

by Anonymousreply 375February 9, 2022 11:04 PM

Ryan eating the Cheese with Maggots

"No worse than the food you get in prison"

by Anonymousreply 376February 9, 2022 11:16 PM

I wonder if TAR will have 2 extra non-elimination legs than usual this season, given 4 teams weren't able to return and 2 eliminated ones were allowed to come back.

by Anonymousreply 377February 9, 2022 11:17 PM

Dusty & Ryan and barefoot this episode

by Anonymousreply 378February 9, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote] Sherri was so kind in her comments about Akbar.

In one of the podcasts, she made that it's not fair to judge their relationship on the basis of how they relate on something like a(n edited) reality show intensive competition where you're trying to win a million dollars. She pointed out that some of the unkind things she said to her husband were edited out. And that their 20-year marriage isn't a fluke.

by Anonymousreply 379February 9, 2022 11:47 PM

Penn spreads his legs in this episode, and then does a "Happy Dance"

There is a time-consuming Road Block to be done, and Dusty talks about his prison experience and how prison taught him to be patient doing slow moving tasks as the Road Block

That being said - two of the favorite teams on TAR are both safe this week. That is all I will say

by Anonymousreply 380February 9, 2022 11:50 PM

[quote] There is a time-consuming Road Block to be done, and Dusty talks about his prison experience and how prison taught him to be patient

You mean Ryan, not Dusty. Right?

by Anonymousreply 381February 9, 2022 11:54 PM

R381 right that was Ryan ,

by Anonymousreply 382February 9, 2022 11:55 PM

[quote] I wonder if TAR will have 2 extra non-elimination legs than usual this season

From Canada watching 2 hours earlier the show just ended (see above) - that is all I will way

by Anonymousreply 383February 9, 2022 11:57 PM

On now!

by Anonymousreply 384February 10, 2022 1:20 AM

Dusty is hotter because in all seriousness, Ryan has a face like the Geico caveman minus the hair. Nice body but ugh!

by Anonymousreply 385February 10, 2022 2:23 AM

Go Ryan and Krusty!

by Anonymousreply 386February 10, 2022 3:02 AM

Bogus ending.

I love Penn. He's funny for an old guy.

Ryan and Dusty are really off their game. I don't know what's going on with them.

And I hate that the teams are starting to collaborate again.

I wish that teams would just run their own damned race!

by Anonymousreply 387February 10, 2022 7:14 AM

I agree, R387, it's so boring when they collaborate. There also doesn't seem to be much urgency. I saw a lot of casual strolling during this episode.

by Anonymousreply 388February 10, 2022 7:21 AM

[quote] Ryan and Dusty are really off their game. I don't know what's going on with them.

In fairness the other two teams had a head start & two teams + two teams collaborated to cut their time in half.

by Anonymousreply 389February 10, 2022 1:23 PM

Can't wait for the next episode!

by Anonymousreply 390February 10, 2022 1:34 PM

I think with the common start times we will keep seeing collaborations. They even followed each other because they all left at the same time. I understand why they are doing it, but it makes it less fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 391February 10, 2022 1:34 PM

The maggots kept this episode from being excruciatingly boring.

by Anonymousreply 392February 10, 2022 1:38 PM

Ryan spread his legs wide and we got a nice closeup of his crotch......kudos to the cameraman.

by Anonymousreply 393February 10, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote] I think with the common start times we will keep seeing collaborations.

This is a competition - it is in the best interest of the other teams to collaborate (and cut their time in half) to leave Ryan & Dusty in the dust

They would keep collaborating to ensure that Ryan & Dusty don't final three - and then whoever is left, all bets will be off - no more collaborating

by Anonymousreply 394February 10, 2022 1:47 PM

After last season, collaboration is just not popular with most AR viewers and rightly so. Again, this is The Amazing Race, not Survivor or Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 395February 10, 2022 2:15 PM

It certainly is not sophisticated entertainment of the cerebral kind with the sharp commentary on the political climate that educates the masses - like my show.

BIG BROTHER

by Anonymousreply 396February 10, 2022 2:29 PM

But first . .

by Anonymousreply 397February 10, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] I think with the common start times we will keep seeing collaborations. They even followed each other because they all left at the same time. I understand why they are doing it, but it makes it less fun to watch.

Also, the challenges were really easy.

Eating bread with cheese.

Riding a tour boat and then arranging cards in order.

Fixing a net.

These are not typical TAR challenges.

I understand that this season was fucked because of Covid, but these challenges were just not exciting for the viewers.

The racers got through them very quickly, and it was anti-climactic.

by Anonymousreply 398February 10, 2022 6:11 PM

Exactly. The best challenges are ones that take advantage of local culture in really challenging ways. Finding underwater fish could be done anywhere. The best part of the episode was the scenery of the Corsican white cliffs, which didn't need the race contestants at all, might as well watch a travelogue.

by Anonymousreply 399February 10, 2022 6:16 PM

This show has to end by March 9, because that's when Survivor's new season starts.

So that means there's only three weeks left.

by Anonymousreply 400February 10, 2022 7:58 PM

Oh great, I suspect another woke cast I suspect w/new season of US Survivor

by Anonymousreply 401February 10, 2022 8:36 PM

The cast of upcoming "Survivor" in the clips don't look like they have many (or any) attractive looking people (ok, guys) in the cast. Probst's been over dimpling himself lately too, and he's otherwise too hard to take, interjecting himself into tribal councils enough that he should have been prob(st)ed himself by standards and practices. I might check it out, but coming attractions don't look very promising.

by Anonymousreply 402February 10, 2022 9:24 PM

It's interesting that all of the teams find Ryan and Dusty to be the biggest threats to win -- because they're fast, buff, and have brute strength -- but I think Penn and Kim are the real team they should be worried about. They're a well-rounded team who have gotten better after the hiatus. Doesn't the Final 3 episode usually include some massive puzzle that involves memorization? I can see them taking the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 403February 10, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote] I think Penn and Kim are the real team they should be worried about

I agree.

Ryan and Dusty are strong, but they're not very smart.

Penn and Kim are both.

by Anonymousreply 404February 10, 2022 10:55 PM

Not to mention annoying.

by Anonymousreply 405February 10, 2022 11:07 PM

After the cheese eating Raquel & Cayla pulled out of the parking lot and they showed an aerial shot of them pulling out, Penn & Kim pulled out right after them but there was an on coming car that they pulled right in front of, the shot from above ended without showing how the on coming car avoided hitting them but I honestly don't know how an accident was avoided.

by Anonymousreply 406February 11, 2022 1:55 AM

I saw that, too. They cut to commercial right before impact.

by Anonymousreply 407February 11, 2022 3:16 AM

I noticed Penn had the word KIM tattooed on his ring finger where a wedding band would normally be worn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408February 11, 2022 3:13 PM

Usually they have nude challenges where the racers have to wear swimsuits or towels, but nothing like that this season.

by Anonymousreply 409February 11, 2022 3:38 PM

I couldn’t eat that cheese.

by Anonymousreply 410February 11, 2022 3:39 PM

Penn got that tattoo on a wedding anniversary because he found himself removing his ring to, for example, put hair product in.

Anyway, this couple sure keeps their finger on the pulse of the Zeitgeist:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 11, 2022 3:50 PM

R411 God, I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 412February 11, 2022 3:59 PM

Is that really how they make their living, these asinine videos?

Their following must consist entirely of fraus.

by Anonymousreply 413February 11, 2022 4:05 PM

I like Kim and Penn, in spite of my preconceived idea of any "YouTube star" team being annoying. I have no clue what they do on YouTube, but I like them on the race, and they're more than competent racers.

by Anonymousreply 414February 11, 2022 4:06 PM

Seems so, r413. They have their own media production company.

by Anonymousreply 415February 11, 2022 4:07 PM

I like all the teams left but Kim and Penn are becoming my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 416February 11, 2022 4:15 PM

The flight attendants bug me.

by Anonymousreply 417February 11, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote] Usually they have nude challenges where the racers have to wear swimsuits or towels, but nothing like that this season.

That was two weeks ago where Ryan & Dusty showed off their bodies at the pit stop

by Anonymousreply 418February 11, 2022 4:17 PM

I want to see Penn Shirtless - so far we only a split second shot where he was changing into a wetsuit.

by Anonymousreply 419February 11, 2022 4:18 PM

I hate Kim and Penn too. Deeply.

by Anonymousreply 420February 11, 2022 4:51 PM

R420 Narcissistic social media whores have always bugged the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 421February 11, 2022 5:03 PM

I decided I hated the flight attendants after they said they flew to London a lot, then when they got there, didn't know what a bobby was.

by Anonymousreply 422February 11, 2022 5:04 PM

The flight attendants seem sexually frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 423February 11, 2022 5:14 PM

[quote] The flight attendants seem sexually frustrated.

I bet they eat each others stinky snatches in their hotel rooms.

by Anonymousreply 424February 11, 2022 5:15 PM

R424, I bet Lulu and Lala would let the boys hit it.

by Anonymousreply 425February 11, 2022 8:43 PM

I am so loving this Greece photography!

by Anonymousreply 426February 17, 2022 2:24 AM

Ryan has a nice body but that face looks like a caveman.

by Anonymousreply 427February 17, 2022 2:25 AM

Slightly better than the Geico caveman at least

by Anonymousreply 428February 17, 2022 4:48 AM

YAY! One of my least liked teams are Philiminated. And how sheltered do you have to be to have never heard of souvlaki or literally gagging because you don't eat onions?

by Anonymousreply 429February 17, 2022 1:52 PM

Arun and Natalia are still the stupidest.

by Anonymousreply 430February 17, 2022 3:28 PM

R429, I sat there last night and was completed dumbfounded that L&L ordered a SECOND souvlaki and ATE IT!!!! WTF??!!

by Anonymousreply 431February 17, 2022 3:31 PM

r430, they’ll probably surprise the hell out of us by winning. LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 432February 17, 2022 3:31 PM

Watching this season play out, I wish now that they hadn't restarted the race after the break. I can't recall a more lackluster leg than this one.

1. Find clue in olive trees. (OMG, it's high up!)

2. Wrap dolmades. (OMG, the veins are on the outside!)

3. Spell & eat souvlaki. (OMG, they threw the wrapper away!)

4. Listen to lecture on saints and solve a memory puzzle. (OMG, please stop! My heart can't handle this much excitement.)

How in hell did production come up with these tasks and think they would translate into compelling television? I guess we should be thankful for the navigational difficulties of both Natalia/Arun and Lulu/Lala. Without all the footage of them driving in the wrong direction or accidentally finding the Pit Stop, we would have been subjected to even more of that boring-ass lecture.

by Anonymousreply 433February 17, 2022 3:36 PM

The flight attendant without glasses has terrible vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 434February 17, 2022 8:15 PM

I noticed they're giving us more shots of Phil's crotch bulge this season. For a few seasons, they were only filming him from the waist up.

by Anonymousreply 435February 19, 2022 6:07 PM

R435 I think Phil is a co-producer of TAR so he must certainly what the viewing audience likes and wants.

by Anonymousreply 436February 20, 2022 2:43 AM

Uh Oh, our boys are in trouble

by Anonymousreply 437February 24, 2022 3:04 AM

I like the occasional challenges like the stones because they level the field - strength or intelligence don't matter, it's mostly luck. Extremely frustrating for the players, of course.

by Anonymousreply 438February 24, 2022 7:57 AM

Was hoping it was a non-Philimination leg to save Ryan and Dusty. Think I might have even shouted at the television. Would've been something for them to go home because of challenge based more on luck (although they can be fun and interesting) and despite Arun and Natalia being saved three (?) times. Speaking of whom, I was getting tired of Arun shouting at his daughter for directions when she was clearly telling him "It's on the right! Go right!". And Penn continues to provide Daddy material.

by Anonymousreply 439February 24, 2022 1:51 PM

Two-hour finale coming up! The seasons always seem to go by so fast. Hopefully another TAR is on its way.

by Anonymousreply 440February 26, 2022 1:57 PM

I would like to thank the camera person who made sure to give us that great shot of Ryan's muscle ass in his clinging shorts as he climbed up the stairs at the colosseum.

by Anonymousreply 441February 26, 2022 2:33 PM

This is not a spoiler. I’m making a prediction. Father Arun and daughter Natalia are winning this. It’s just a feeling I have.

by Anonymousreply 442March 2, 2022 9:55 PM

Re-adjust your antennae, r442!

by Anonymousreply 443March 3, 2022 10:02 AM

Sorry, but I know it's the gay couple, who have been in hiding out near the finish line and plans to run in and take it all.

by Anonymousreply 444March 3, 2022 12:51 PM

SPOILER ALERT

I know it didn't matter at the end, but shouldn't Ryan and Dusty have been required to do a speed bump because they came in last in the previous leg?

by Anonymousreply 445March 3, 2022 3:53 PM

r445, this season has been quite different. I’m assuming it was because Covid. None of the teams who were saved by a non-elimination round was made to do a speed bump. Also, there were no U-turns this season as well.

by Anonymousreply 446March 3, 2022 4:51 PM

R446, you're right -- no U-turns either. I guess they needed to keep the race as simple as possible.

by Anonymousreply 447March 3, 2022 4:58 PM

I'll bet high production costs are what kept things simple. It can't have been cheap to charter those jets.

by Anonymousreply 448March 3, 2022 8:05 PM

I really want to watch some old seasons of The Amazing Race, but Hulu Plus has only half the seasons available for streaming. Does anyone know where I could stream the missing seasons?

by Anonymousreply 449March 3, 2022 8:11 PM

R449, Regarding "The Amazing Race":

Amazon = Pay per episode or per season.

Pluto TV/App = Has a designated TAR channel! See article at link for "How to Search on Pluto TV."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450March 4, 2022 12:28 AM

Hate the winning couple so much.

by Anonymousreply 451March 4, 2022 12:50 AM

R450, thanks so much!

by Anonymousreply 452March 4, 2022 10:14 AM

Also sucks that Paramount+ only has recently concluded & season before

by Anonymousreply 453March 4, 2022 11:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!