Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Shitt’s Creek Turned Me Asexual”

Dan Levy has done so much for so many people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 23, 2023 4:27 AM

Was there an asexual character on Schitt’s Creek?

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2022 4:09 PM

I have noticed that people who are very much into “fandom” aren’t that sexual. It’s like an outlet.

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2022 4:00 AM

It’s catnip for old fraus

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2022 6:06 PM

That's a lot of time they've got on xe hands.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2022 6:28 PM

An eightball of meth will fix all of these problems!

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2022 7:05 PM

Isn’t Levy asexual too? I thought I read that here once

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 7:18 PM

Here is the definition of asexual. "Asexual is the lack of sexual attraction to others, or a low interest in sexual activity. Some people consider asexuality to be their sexual orientation, and others describe it as an absence of sexual orientation."

It means you have no attraction to anybody.

So, this moron writer bitch is just making shit up, freed from facts or reality. Just like most DLers.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 7:28 PM

I'm going to assume they're ugly and overweight

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 7:30 PM

Who me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 7:34 PM

If I never see Dan Levy again, it'll be too soon.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 9:28 PM

I liked Schitt’s Creek, watched the first 2 seasons but didn’t see the big hoo-hah about it in terms of comedy nor sexual identity.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2022 1:35 PM

R11 the big gay love story starts season 3

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote] I have noticed that people who are very much into “fandom” aren’t that sexual. It’s like an outlet.

Well, sure, they spend all their free time watching Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who instead of trying to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2022 1:38 PM

What's Dan's latest project? He must be so busy!

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote] [R11] the big gay love story starts season 3

Well that explains why a I missed it. I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to seeing it as now it’s not a decent sitcom but a Cultural Landmark and Levy is a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2022 1:41 PM

I tried with this show. I just couldn't get into it. O'Hara was great, as ever, but Chris Elliott kills everything for me and generally I just thought meh. Am I alone in this?

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2022 1:43 PM

I should clarify it did not affect my sex drive or gender identity, however.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2022 1:43 PM

R16 I would turn it on and there were certainly funny bits but it couldn't keep my attention. Sometimes id get through a whole season and realize I hadn't idea what happened because I'd find myself doing other things while it was on.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2022 1:48 PM

I'm all for giving asexuals the respect they need but....

....for fucks sake we don't need a 10000000000000 word essay on your asexuality.

It's like being at a restaurant eating a steak and someone walks around and tells everyone for two hours "do you know I don't eat meat? I don't!"

Or like hearing Meghan McCain explain who her father is for the millionth time.

Just fucking live your life already. if you have to convince us, are you trying to convince yourself too?

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2022 1:53 PM

Tim Gunn is a great example of gay, but asexual, who lives an energetic life and pleases himself.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2022 1:55 PM

R16 SC was great until they brought in the horrible white bread, wooden actor "boyfriend" for David.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2022 4:20 PM

Was a cop out casting a straight married actor as the boyfriend. If you really wanted to show a queer love story, cast a queer actor. The relationship always seemed like a gay man and a straight guy to me. I guess safer way to show it for the masses. And the masses ate it up. Flyover fraus commenting en masse on how they never knew gay men were “normal” until Schitts Creek.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2022 4:33 PM

R22 it's also appealing to the morons constantly breighing "this why they hate us." Because they are so self loathing that flamboyant or feminine gay men threaten their fragile sense of self.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2022 6:22 PM

I liked the show but the weepy self-congratulatory lovefest after the Emmys wins in the final season kind of put me off. You'd have thought they cured cancer the way they were going on about the show's IMPORTANCE in that farewell special.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 6:35 PM

It birthed endless fan fiction written by fraus about the two main gays. What’s interesting to me is that most of my gay friends have never seen it but every straight person I know raves about it.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2022 9:07 PM

Schitts Creek was made almost exclusively for the twee twats who buy the ridiculous relationship between Dan Levy and the piece of wood hired as the generic white boyfriend. Gay men never bought into it.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2022 1:36 AM

The blogger published this Schitt’s Creek fan book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 2:40 AM

It mimicked a straight relationship down to Levy playing the hysterical flailing girlfriend and the other guy playing his idealized masculine straight boyfriend.

Fraus and their fraulings couldn’t believe that these gays were just like them! All this time they thought we were a bunch of sick perverts and look - Schitts creek taught them that it’s all just like the straights - one of them is the girl and the other is the guy. And thank god, they never do anything beyond closed mouth kissing - so no need to worry about that weird butt stuff!

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2022 2:51 AM

There were about a hundred things wrong with Dan Levy's white utopia where only the rich reign and matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2022 3:03 AM

So it’s a “revolutionary” show because it presents a homophobia-free world? ie the gay version of post-racial?

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2022 3:48 PM

I'm in a similar position to the author of the linked blogpost - Dan Levy turned me asexual, too. I've never seen Schitt's Creek, though.

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Dan levy had our thread about him and Chris Appleton deleted. So he’s also living in a post-DL world.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2022 7:49 PM

Wait- what r32? What was the deal? Spill the tea!

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2022 8:06 PM

The article is just more childish navel-gazing.

I don't know why some here (or maybe just one) have a hate-on for Noah Reid, who played Patrick. I thought he was very cute, appealing, and had a low-key quality that dovetailed well with Dan Levy's more manic character. Not wooden at all. Patrick was a much-needed stabilizing anchor for their scenes together. Reid handled it fine, and he got better as the series progressed. If Patrick is too "straight" for some of you, tough. There are gay men like him out there.

Honestly there were times when I couldn't figure out what Patrick saw in David, who had a tendency to be casually insulting (mostly to cover up his VERY deep insecurities). But I guess the pickings in Schitt's Creek were slim.

I do agree with the poster about Chris Elliott - I could never stand him and he was a frequent irritant on an otherwise good comedy series.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2022 8:52 PM

R33 there was a whole thread about him and Chris Appleton (some frau snapped a photo of them on a date and it was posted online) and DLers speculated about Dan’s hairy hole (naturally) and mostly talked about how hot Chris was and after about 300 posts it mysteriously got deleted.

Quite ungrateful if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote] Just the very idea that the Rose family was sent to Schitt’s Creek as a punishment

There weren’t sent as a punishment. They went on their own volition.

Who is this author? Did she even watch the show? Does she know the difference between possessive and plural? She writes the the Rose’s many, many times when it should have been spelled the Roses.

Why is it wrong to have a mostly white cast? BET is 100% black and no one says a thing.

I loved Schitt’s Creek and I wish there were more she’s like it. I’m tired of seeing race issues on TV 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2022 10:05 PM

Why is everyone referring to these guys as gay when the show makes it clear they are both pansexual/bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2022 11:12 PM

Because the straight guy is playing a gay. Dan is playing a pansexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2022 11:19 PM

R37 Patrick was gay

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2022 11:30 PM

Part of me thinks they made Dan's character pansexual as a retcon since the probably originally developed the character as straight but then realized Dan could no way play straight but knew they couldn't have him come out as gay after already sleeping with Stevie

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2022 11:32 PM

r39, I thought Patrick said he had only ever been with women and that he had never done anything with a man before, but he was open to it? That reads as bisexual to me. If I'm mistaken, I'll hold my hand up and apologize.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2022 11:41 PM

R37 - he never realized he was gay until he met David. Never felt “right” with women and then he met with this small town flaming queen and it was like a lightbulb went off - GAY! That’s the premise.

Vv believable right?

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2022 11:56 PM

R34 Most American actors are wooden. So, of course you couldn't tell who is. But Noah Reid is one of the worst wooden actors out there.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2022 12:06 AM

Dan made me a sexual.

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2022 12:07 AM

R43 provides the most idiotic comment on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2022 3:26 AM

Especially since Noah is Canadian

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2022 3:28 AM

[quote]I tried with this show. I just couldn't get into it. O'Hara was great, as ever, but Chris Elliott kills everything for me and generally I just thought meh. Am I alone in this?

I groan when I saw Elliott in the first episode. I think at times it may be my anti blond male agenda when mens hair skin and eyelashes are the same muddy color, but no, it’s just Elliott himself.

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2022 4:33 AM

Years ago a female acquaintance said to me that I would like Chris Elliott because he looked like my type. He isn’t. In fact, he is physically abhorrent to me, I don’t find him entertaining, and his voice grates on my nerves. I also didn’t much like the person who was so sure he was my type. Thankfully I no longer see her, but whenever I see Chris Elliott, I am reminded of how much he truly is not my type. This is a long-winded way of saying I plan to never watch Schitt’s Creek.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 4:58 AM

R45's parents were brother and sister. Consider the source, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2022 5:13 AM

R46 No one said horrible wooden turd Noah Reid is American, stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2022 5:14 AM

This Noah Reid digression is exactly what hairy hole wants.

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2022 1:55 PM

Most gay men give no fucks for Miss Dan Levy or SC. They are purely frau catnip.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2022 5:33 PM

What an insult, r48! I am sure you have much better taste.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2022 8:19 PM

She into scat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2022 9:07 PM

The young characters on Schitts Creek are anything but assexual, David engages in a polyamorous or whatever relationship with Stevie and that hot dude whose name I can't remember. Alexis spends the whole series talking about her sexual adventures. We know you just wrote this to insult Dan Levy.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2022 9:15 PM

R55 OP linked to a blog post from a Levy fraulein fan who came out as asexual because of the show. So actually the opposite. Frauleins rejoicing - they are all fans - no insults.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2022 9:18 PM

[quote] I tried with this show. I just couldn't get into it. O'Hara was great, as ever, but Chris Elliott kills everything for me and generally I just thought meh. Am I alone in this?

The actors from this show are set for life in terms of money due to its popularity , so you are indeed alone in this and unlike what DLers claim, SC is not just a frau show, it became a hit because it could be watched by the whole family and it's hugely popular among Zommers the most important demographic today.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2022 9:22 PM

Well!

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote] I would turn it on and there were certainly funny bits but it couldn't keep my attention. Sometimes id get through a whole season and realize I hadn't idea what happened because I'd find myself doing other things while it was on.

That's because the show was written with younger audiences in mind, not people 70+.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2022 9:26 PM

R57 and R59 is one and the same and a lot invested. It's just a TV show, dear. Unclench.

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote] SC was great until they brought in the horrible white bread, wooden actor "boyfriend" for David.

Noah Reid is completely different in real life, he even comes across as a douche sometimes on how he treats his wife on live streams, so calling him wooden is ridiculous. Patrick is written as a down to earth kind of boring guy to balance out David who is very annoying and catty, pretty much like DLers.

I'm also here, R60. I'm not invested, I'm having coffee and engaging on a message board. If you don't want to talk about something move on to the next thread. Isn't the whole point of a message board to be invested in something?

It's just a tv show dear, if it bothers you that we talk about it just move the fuck on. Come to think of it, David is a mirror of the typical DLers minus the hot boyfriend, so maybe that's why so many here hate him.

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote] he never realized he was gay until he met David. Never felt “right” with women and then he met with this small town flaming queen and it was like a lightbulb went off - GAY! That’s the premise. Vv believable right?

Isn't that literally RuPaul's story with his masculine rancher husband? Look at all the gay and bi rugby and football players that came out recently and that are dating flaming queens. It does happen, it's happening in front of your eyes. You're just jealous that it isn't you.

by Anonymousreply 62January 9, 2022 9:48 PM

I still wish we had dirt about Dan Levy and yet we have nothing. Not a peep from a hookup. Not a word.

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2022 10:03 PM

Jeffree Star and Nathan Schwandt are basically David and Patrick, wouldn't be surprised if Dan based some of it on them two.

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2022 10:29 PM

[quote] he never realized he was gay until he met David. Never felt “right” with women and then he met with this small town flaming queen and it was like a lightbulb went off - GAY!

David is not a small town flaming queen, he's an urban rich kid raised internationally and deep into glamour and the arts. Patrick is the small town hick. That's what Patrick found amusing about him much like Nathan and Jefree Star and RuPaul and what's his name.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2022 11:13 PM

All I am asking for is some details on Dan Levy being a "cumdump" as one poster so eloquently referred to him on a thread from last year. Something like "pre-schitt's creek, Dan Levy was a real cumdump."

If he was indeed a cumdump (and I think many of us can relate and would support him), there should be someone floating around who can speak to it. So I would respectfully ask the publicist who got the Appleton thread taken down - tell us what you know. We are all friends here. It's a safe space.

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2022 11:38 PM

R61 Fuck off, Janbot. I recognize the way you write. You're a cunt, dear.

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2022 12:13 AM

Not to toot my own horn,but more than once in my sexual career I had guys tell me they never thought about sex with a man until they met me. So yes,it does happen. I was a raging queen too,so put that in your "I hate femmes" pipe and smoke it !

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2022 1:08 AM

I thought the young veterinarian was really cute, he looked so hot in his scrubs.

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2022 1:58 AM

The hot vet is sort of a strange guy in real life. I listened to a recent podcast interview with him where he went on and on about his longtime intense marijuana addiction and how he went clean 2 years ago after being hospitalized for something related to marijuana. He sounded very intense. He wasn’t present much in the final season of SC which I always found odd since he was the love interest for Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2022 2:29 AM

Ted wasn't the "love interest" of Alexis. She had an on and off again fling with him. Clearly the writers gave no fucks about him in the last season. He really did love her but she didn't feel the same. He was just a catalyst for her ultimate independence.

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2022 6:32 AM

I really like Shitt’s Creek thanks to its written positive and healthy gay relationship. Noah’s rendition of Simply The Best is very lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2022 6:51 AM

R72 Lovely if you're a brain dead frau with cuntbrain. DL does not love or need SC.

by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2022 6:52 AM

r62 Hardly. Ru's husband was a gay partier/ night-club boy - thats how they met. I mean he is an Aussie ffs, its not like Ru met him out in the middle of nowhere on a farm. Ru didnt entice some str8 guy into the homosex thats for sure, Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2022 7:16 AM

A lot of SC fans have shown up….

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2022 11:51 AM

I stand corrected on that, then R62. I don't follow drag so I didn't know. That said, many of the recently out masculine athletes are dating flaming queens, so the comment still stands. I follow them on Instagram and some of their boyfriends are one step from trans. My personal experience with gay and bi athletes is completely different, my exes would only date other masculine guys. I know from experience many are forced by activists to date effeminate men because intersectionality. It's like a cult. They're still fucking the masculine dudes they want on the down low.

by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2022 5:14 PM

[quote] Ru didnt entice some str8 guy into the homosex thats for sure, Jesus

Where in my comment did I imply that? Learn how to read a fucking comment, idiot. You sound like insufferable Jeffree Star that wore a badge of honor telling everyone his bisexual boyfriend was straight. This is 2022, keep up.

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2022 5:22 PM

R71 I watched some entertainment weekly interview on the show and apparently the intended ending for the series was to have a double wedding for Ted/Alexis and the gays until Levy (and “the writers”) suddenly changed their minds and decided to make it a series finale wedding only for the gays and have Alexis leave to become some single frau publicist in NY. That speaks more to Levy’s ego for me than any catalyst for independence girlboss bullshit for a woman in her mid-30s with a smart, hot, adoring fiancé. It also felt bizarre to break Ted/Alexis up in the final season after 5 seasons of the audience rooting for them and banish him to some remote island to work with wildlife.

But that’s just me.

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2022 5:30 PM

I have no way of knowing about Dan's ego, but in terms of story it makes more sense for the development of the character that Alexis finally understands that her life shouldn't revolve around men as it had been and the message that she chooses herself over men is more empowering. A double wedding would shadow David's fairy tale and the gay message, but I think most writers would have written the same ending as it makes more sense story wise.

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2022 5:38 PM

R78 Exactly, ya twee twat. No doubt no one gives any fucks for what you think.

by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2022 10:39 PM

I find the show hugely boring.

by Anonymousreply 81January 10, 2022 10:53 PM

R80 is taking a contrary opinion very personally.

by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2022 4:24 AM

It's like next generation Bea Arthur fealty.

by Anonymousreply 83January 11, 2022 4:26 AM

When is his next project? Doing a cooking show for HBO I think.

by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2022 3:57 PM

[quote] IIRC the reason they set it in Greece was due to COVID - it was shot in the fall of 2020 and they just could not import a bunch of actors into Italy at the time.

The major issue Pauline Kael had with An Unmarried Woman when Jill Clauburgh left Alan Bates is the same one I had: there is no reason to abandon a great, healthy relationship to “fined one’s self”. It’s just throwing away happiness.

by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2022 4:32 PM

The blogger is a major Sherlock Holmes fan. And Sherlock TV fan.

I wonder if she (they?) is (are?) mad that popular literature’s most visible asexual icon was straight washed for Tv?

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2022 12:28 PM

Sherlock is another big fanfiction show.

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2022 12:56 PM

Well I’m back bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 28, 2022 12:11 PM

O puke, was this ugly lil troglodyte at the Oscars? There's literally a million reasons not to watch.

by Anonymousreply 89March 28, 2022 12:14 PM

More millennial navel-gazing

by Anonymousreply 90March 28, 2022 12:18 PM

The author’s fanfiction. David and Patrick have a slumber party themed date night and watch Pretty Woman and Moulin Rouge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 28, 2022 6:03 PM

I don’t like the undershirt at r88.

And I’m not touching the asexual fan fiction at r91.

by Anonymousreply 92March 28, 2022 6:06 PM

Maybe he got laid from the big Oscar party....

by Anonymousreply 93March 28, 2022 7:10 PM

Does he still write and act?

by Anonymousreply 94May 18, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] The relationship always seemed like a gay man and a straight guy to me. I guess safer way to show it for the masses.

homophobes would think that.

by Anonymousreply 95February 22, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote]R22 Flyover fraus commenting en masse on how they never knew gay men were “normal” until Schitts Creek.

Oh, really? Where?

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 96February 22, 2023 6:29 PM

[quote]Tim Gunn is a great example of gay, but asexual, who lives an energetic life and pleases himself.

Tim Gunn is gay but celibate. He has a sexuality.

Asexual used to mean lack of sexuality, any sexuality. Apparently now anyone can call themselves asexual and twist the definition any way they want just to make up a trendy 'sexual identity' for themselves.

[quote]“Shitt’s Creek Turned Me Asexual”

And we should care why exactly?

I don't care about anyone's sexual identity unless I'm personally interested in a person or someone's sexuality is socially significant (mainly in the context of sexual criminal activity or discrimination.) Don't see floods of news about asexuals committing sexual harassment and other sexual crimes or being socially discriminated on the basis of lack of sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 97February 22, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote]r97 I don't care about anyone's sexual identity

Then why are you on a board predominately populated by homosexuals?

by Anonymousreply 98February 23, 2023 4:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!