Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Tom Felton (aka Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter) gay?

After years of speculation from fans, Emma Watson and Tom Felton just squashed any rumors that they've ever dated.

The cast of "Harry Potter" recently reunited for the HBO Max special, "Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts."

Felton and Watson, who played Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger, discussed the platonic love they have for each other after meeting on set.

During the reunion special, Watson reminisced on the moment she developed feelings for her "Harry Potter" costar. It happened during a tutoring session on the set of the early movies when the child actors were asked to draw what they thought God looked like.

"Tom had drawn a girl with a backward cap on a skateboard. And, I just don't know how to say it, I just fell in love with him," Watson said.

She also said she looked forward to days when they were working together.

"I used to come in every day and look for his number on the call sheet, it was number seven," she said. "And if his number was on the call sheet, it was an extra exciting day."

Watson explained that Felton was someone she could be "more vulnerable with" on set.

Watson's love for Felton wasn't totally one-sided, he also felt an immediate "kinship" with her.

"Emma and I have always loved each other, really," he said. "I think I was in the hair-and-makeup chair, and someone said something along the lines of, 'Yeah, she had a crush on you.'"

But Watson knew that since Felton was three years older than her, he thought of her more like a "little sister."

"I became very protective over her," Felton added. "Yeah, I've always had a soft spot for her, and that continues to the day."

Reports about the pair dating have circulated for years, perhaps fueled by Watson's candidness about her former crush and their continued close friendship.

Ahead of the opening of the "Harry Potter" flagship store in New York, Felton told Entertainment Tonight in 2021, "We are something, if that makes any sense. We've been very close for a long time. I adore her."

But he also added, "As far as the romantic side of it, I think that's a Slytherin/Gryffindor thing rather than a Tom and Emma thing."

Watson further clarified their relationship status during the "Return to Hogwarts" special.

"Nothing has ever ever ever ever happened romantically with us," she said. "We just love each other. That's all I can say about that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2022 9:06 PM

I don't think he has ever had a "long term" girlfriend.

Not sure what's the deal with him.

by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2022 4:26 AM

I have read that he is not a pleasant person

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2022 9:44 AM

He looks very different there.

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2022 10:06 AM

He aged so rapidly. He looks like my frau friend’s 50 year old husband

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2022 10:13 AM

He's a few years older than the rest of the main cast, so that might be part of why he looks so aged.

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2022 10:34 AM

Who cares, he's fug.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2022 10:43 AM

The one thing we can say with certainty is that he’s unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2022 10:46 AM

Has anyone in the UK heard stories about Tom?

Or is he so boring that no one cares.

Since he's from the Harry Potter Universe, you would think there would be at least SOME stories about him.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2022 1:11 PM

It's "quashed." QUASHED rumors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2022 1:15 PM

I know someone that worked with him. He was a little entitled at first, but then was very nice once he got to know everyone. He just had his walls up, as I imagine you would. That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2022 3:17 PM

Oh yes one more thing. Really wanted to do good work. Took the job seriously and was professional.

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2022 3:20 PM

Maybe he’s gay but him not wanting to bang Emma Watson isn’t proof. She’s about the weight of a grasshopper.

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2022 3:20 PM

I always thought Tom Felton was hot.

You guys are just jealous of him.

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2022 6:26 PM

[quote] You guys are just jealous of him.

Yes, it would be wonderful to be so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2022 6:42 PM

He was a cute boy. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote] He was a cute boy. What happened?

I think he's still cute.

But that's just me, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 4, 2022 12:21 AM

[quote] I think he's still cute. But that's just me, I guess.

It’s okay. There’s always that one guy who sees things differently than normal people do.

by Anonymousreply 17January 4, 2022 3:00 AM

He's actually apparently a really nice person.

by Anonymousreply 18January 4, 2022 3:03 AM

Who cares? They are so desperate to drum up interest. These actors are utterly boring. And not very talented.

Despite their public nonsense, I would hope each of them have a shrine to JK Rowling at home and pay tribute to it nightly.

by Anonymousreply 19January 4, 2022 4:44 AM

Actually R19, they each took a knife and stuck it in her back. Thanks to the trans issue.

I don't know about Tom's personal viewpoint, but Daniel, Emma, and Rupert all turned on her.

by Anonymousreply 20January 4, 2022 10:17 AM

From what I have heard, straight but on the autism spectrum is more likely. He is apparently really nice, but not socially aware. He keeps to himself a lot.

by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2022 10:52 AM

This is a shit ass thread, but I wasn’t about to start a new one for this. But this article says when he was in rehab in Malibu he broke out and was on his way to a bar in WEHO that was his favorite. While I’m sure there must be some straight establishments in WEHO, that kind of dedication to a bar in that neighborhood reads as very Gay, especially if your a desperate addict and any bar and a nearby one should do. Is he Gay, has anyone read his book?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2022 5:07 PM

Why has this been marked troll? I see way more offensive posts here daily - and look forward to them.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2022 5:16 PM

Wake me when he admits he had a crush one of his male co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2022 5:18 PM

R24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote]Why has this been marked troll? I see way more offensive posts here daily

OP probably didn't get the red troll tag for this thread....once you get it it shows on all your posts

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2022 7:45 PM

R25 Not sure why you linked his IG account unless you can point to something incriminating

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2022 7:52 PM

Is Queerty trying to paint Tom as a possible transphobe just because he doesn't outright state how much he is against JK Rowling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2022 10:24 PM

r24, Preferably Robbie Coltrane.

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2022 10:49 PM

I didn't think he was attractive in the movies, but now that he's an adult he's grown into his looks, and is kind of sexy.

Several of these kids from HP seem to have had problems with addiction.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2022 10:53 PM

I don’t know what exactly what his sobriety story is, but he seems manic and on something here, but he is highly entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2022 11:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2022 12:09 AM

Fuck me, that’s a lot of money for a short period of time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 27, 2022 5:41 AM

No it's not just you r16 I find him cute too.

by Anonymousreply 34October 27, 2022 3:23 PM

sometimes he looks quite a bit older than 35

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 27, 2022 3:36 PM

R13 He's by far the most interesting of the young cast and the best actor. He's like Anthony Hopkins - his time is yet to come. He's a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 36October 27, 2022 3:41 PM

He's just not that into her.

by Anonymousreply 37October 27, 2022 6:00 PM

I’m finishing the audiobook, all in all quite entertaining and definitely one of the least traumatic child actor filming experiences I’ve heard about. Unfortunately, the WeHo bar he was obsessed with getting to after running away from his intervention rehab was Barney’s Beanery, famous for being very homophobic back in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2022 2:04 AM

R31 That microphone is as big as his enormous forehead.

I guarantee he'll be looking like Alastair in 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 2:18 AM

[quote] He's like Anthony Hopkins

He claims he insulted Hopkins in that garbled interview at R31.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2022 8:35 PM

He's got an eye on the left side of his face. And… yes, another eye far away on the right side of his head.

And there 's a nose there as well. With a mouth. But these four features seem to swim around over the large cranium of his.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2022 9:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!