Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

And Just Like That... Part 5 Discussion

Fuck me badly once, shame on you. Fuck me badly twice, shame on me.

Previous thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 11, 2022 1:12 AM

Don’t forget to block the loon in the previous thread who screams at and insults everyone who doesn’t agree with him and changes accounts, just like he accuses us of doing. It’s so nice having sane discussions when he’s out of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2022 6:25 AM

I just watched the recent episode. If they wanted to make Miranda a lez, they should have made her develop a relationship with her professor. It would have been a better storyline.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2022 6:43 AM

I haven't watched a single episode yet as I don't have HBO. In Miranda's lezzing out scene do they actually show Miranda's pussy? Or is it implied with the sex partner shoving its fingers down Miranda's panties?

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2022 7:50 AM

R3 oh, you haven’t? Then why are you all over the other thread?

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2022 7:52 AM

THIS TV SHOW IS SO BAD I REFUSE TO WATCH BUT BUT LET ME SHARE ALL OF MY OPINIONS WITH YOU.

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2022 7:55 AM

Yes, R3- she opens her legs and takes a huge pink beaver shot.

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2022 7:55 AM

R1, I must have that troll blocked as I missed all that.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2022 8:55 AM

R5 hate watching is half the fun.

by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2022 8:55 AM

And just like that I couldn't help but wonder... Will Carrie ever take her bra off?

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2022 8:58 AM

[quote][R5] hate watching is half the fun.

Hate watching is one thing, boasting "I haven't watched a single episode" is not hate watching.

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2022 10:25 AM

I didn't say that R10. I'm hate watching it because I watched a the original.

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2022 10:33 AM

R3 said they hadn't watched any of it, but still felt the need to comment.

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2022 10:39 AM

R12, I was asking a question. I don't have HBO but I have read reviews and comments about the new show posted by people who have. Are you saying that only people who have watched the show are allowed to discuss it or ask questions?

R10, I wasn't boasting. Just stating that I haven't been able to watch any of the episodes yet.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2022 11:03 AM

R13, you can stream it. Try 123movies.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2022 11:14 AM

R2 Oh no, you are mistaken. Miranda is not a lesbian at all for wanting to bang Che, since Che is non-binary and a butch thus NOT a woman :-)

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2022 11:56 AM

Well goodness R15, that certainly changes things! Thank you for this beautiful teaching moment ☺️.

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2022 12:45 PM

Strange to willingly give up on cock

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2022 12:56 PM

there were glimpses of Miranda being lesbianic like here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2022 1:55 PM

The fingering scene was DISTURBING . Miranda sounded like she were strangled.

Poor Carrie from having a rich big dicked husband living in a luxury apartment to an old widow with hip problem marinated in her own piss.

And why they insist to beat the dead horse ( pun intended ) about Samantha ?

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2022 2:42 PM

SJP looked good in Episode 1. More old Carrie. They must have spackled make up on and used filters. Ever since, she has gotten older and more haggard looking. I'm trying to figure out if they did this on purpose to denote grief for her husband's death and how the girls are aging. Now with her long hair and wardrobe with that wizened face she looks like a crazy cat lady wandering around.

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2022 3:38 PM

I'm really liking this series. Acting is top notch. The Che character has really grown on me. I miss Samantha, but am very happy to spend 45 minutes a week with these women.

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2022 3:45 PM

I posted that I actually like Che, but she definitely is not a fleshed out character, she’s more like a caricature of someone’s idea of someone who’s non-binary. Also, one thing that really bothered me about the scene with Che and Miranda—Che knows Miranda is married,what the hell is she doing? I know all’s fair in love and war, but as someone who’s been cheated on, I found that to be troubling. Che is written as this sex machine who doesn’t care if someone’s married, instead of as a realistic person who might have issues messing around with a married person. Because all that non-binary people care about is sex, right? Yeah, not realist.

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote]I haven't watched a single episode yet as I don't have HBO.

Free streamers, bro.

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2022 4:16 PM

I just watched ep. 5. I triple fast forwarded through the bean flicking scene.

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2022 4:18 PM

I thought the same thing about Che. Shouldn't she care a little bit that Miranda is married and still has a kid living at home? That it's a non-issue makes Che seem like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2022 6:26 PM

It'll be interesting to see how they have Steve respond to the dykening. Remember, Miranda threw him out of the house for six months when he cheated on her one time.

by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2022 6:29 PM

I am actually enjoying the season--exceot for Che. My big issue isn't that Che isn't funny but we're expected to believe they're a great comic but if Che was a straight man, the kitchen scene would have caused an uproar. Che is piling on the tequila and blowing pot in Miranda's face. If a man did that, he would be accused of being predatory. Have a non-binary character do it and its "seduction"? 'Arousing"? As a gay guy who remembers when the only depiction of gay men was that we were predatory, this is disturbing. And for a show trying so hard to get things right--and, unlike most, I think doing an okay job of it--this was a massive misstep. Maybe Che doesn't know Miranda's an alcoholic--but the audience does and this scene feeds such a horrible stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2022 6:29 PM

The creators are treating Che like a freak of nature. Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2022 6:32 PM

Perhaps Miranda will realize by the end of the season that Che was just a way to escape her dead marriage, not a realistic relationship. That would sort of make sense.

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2022 6:41 PM

Miranda is not an alcoholic anymore, she poured the bottles down the sink and cured herself in 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2022 6:42 PM

Is Miranda independently wealthy? She quit her job and doesn't work anymore but isn't hurting for money.

by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2022 6:43 PM

Since I fast forwarded the gross bean flicking scene did Che just run out the door or something?

by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2022 6:45 PM

She's been a corporate lawyer for 30 years. She must have saved and invested something in all that time.

by Anonymousreply 33January 2, 2022 6:51 PM

Didn't Miranda become a partner in her firm on SATC? That's gotta be worth a whole lot more than just being another lawyer working for the firm. Besides, she's almost old enough to retire and my guess is that she was working from home during the fantasy of a long gone pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 34January 2, 2022 7:00 PM

Yes, this is a magical world where the pandemic is over!

by Anonymousreply 35January 2, 2022 7:08 PM

Yes, just like Trey's impotence was magically cured. These SatC gals are phenomenal!

by Anonymousreply 36January 2, 2022 7:18 PM

Yea she was a partner for 20 years, she became partner in the episode Steve dumped her as they were too different in finances.

I agree with people saying she and Steve should already be amicably divorced in this otherwise it shits on all the investment the audience put in their story.

by Anonymousreply 37January 2, 2022 8:04 PM

r29

that would make sense

by Anonymousreply 38January 2, 2022 8:06 PM

People often learn to put the bitterness of past relationships behind them and get along with their exes later in life, especially if there are children involved. Opening the season with Miranda and Steve amicably divorced (and Steve probably remarried with a second family) would have reflected the reality of many viewers' lives.

by Anonymousreply 39January 2, 2022 8:07 PM

Steve and Miranda always had issues and were never really a great match: Even during the original series, Miranda seemed to just be settling for her babydaddy. It's unrealistic, especially after his affair during the first movie, that they wouldn't have split years ago. In fact, they should have broken up during the first movie. It would have been a poignant contrast to Carrie's fairy tale ending.

by Anonymousreply 40January 2, 2022 8:09 PM

They could even have Steve married to a non-white woman and Miranda forming a friendship with her. Would have beat the current shoehorning

by Anonymousreply 41January 2, 2022 8:21 PM

I don’t think Miranda was a true alcoholic. She just drank too much. I don’t think it was a full on addiction. We need to see the girls drinking their Cosmos together.

Didn’t Che lick her fingers after fingering Miranda?

Why did Carrie suddenly have a major hip problem when it wasn’t even hinted at before?

Still, loving this show.

by Anonymousreply 42January 2, 2022 8:26 PM

I always felt that, r40. I mean, Steve is a nice guy, and it would be great if we all fell for the nice ones, but I thought in the original that Miranda going back to Steve seemed off. And as someone upthread said, Miranda separated from Steve when he slept with someone once. I wonder if they’ll show any guilt feelings on her part.

by Anonymousreply 43January 2, 2022 8:33 PM

I'm curious if Steve still has his bar with Aidan.

by Anonymousreply 44January 2, 2022 8:41 PM

Give Steve a hot, young girlfriend just to make the frumpy hags seethe. Is Ana de Armas available?

by Anonymousreply 45January 2, 2022 8:43 PM

R42 I don’t think Che did that. Yuck. I’d remember. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 46January 2, 2022 9:23 PM

I'd have Steve fall in love with a deaf woman he met during therapy/learning sign language. That would be really interesting and further diversify the cast.

by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2022 9:33 PM

R47 I'm sorry we can't do anything interesting on this show

by Anonymousreply 48January 2, 2022 9:36 PM

r47

as long as she is a BIPOC

by Anonymousreply 49January 2, 2022 9:37 PM

Why is it such a fucking downer, MPK? A sudden death, orthopedic surgery, a drinking problem, worrying kids, a miserable marriage, an incipient divorce, two close friends disappeared...what next?

by Anonymousreply 50January 2, 2022 9:46 PM

Exactly, r50. I watch this show as a diversion to the world. I don't watch it as a downer. The good news is the last episode had moments that felt like the old show. I mean, come on, it's a comedy, not a dramedy.

by Anonymousreply 51January 2, 2022 9:49 PM

R49 Stuff it with the anti-woke bullshit Boris.

by Anonymousreply 52January 2, 2022 10:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 2, 2022 10:28 PM

I agree they should have had all but maybe Charlotte divorced at the start. Show flashbacks to Big dying.

by Anonymousreply 54January 2, 2022 10:29 PM

Che will not be with Miranda. This was just her awakening. They’ll fuck around some more but that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 55January 2, 2022 10:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 2, 2022 10:34 PM

Heather McDonald is over Charlotte

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 2, 2022 10:38 PM

Rojo really is a jolly looking gal!

by Anonymousreply 58January 2, 2022 10:46 PM

Cynthia loves motorboating Rojo's funbags!

by Anonymousreply 59January 2, 2022 10:47 PM

They are definitely an odd couple. Most couples I know are physically sort of equal in looks… sometimes the more attractive matches up with the one with more money. But this situation looks to me the exact opposite. But who knows—maybe Cynthia’s wife is just a great person. That can happen, right?

by Anonymousreply 60January 2, 2022 10:51 PM

Many couples are mismatched. Most women don’t pick their men based on looks only. Gay men love projecting their shit onto others

by Anonymousreply 61January 2, 2022 10:52 PM

R61 but as mentioned that’s usually because they have many. CN also looks pretty heavily in that photo - did she lose weight for the show (I doubt it, since it would go against her “principles”) or are they disgusting it with her outfits?

I agree if Che had been a cisgender hetero male that scene would get all sorts of me too type flak. The confrontation scene was actually very good acting by both SJP and CN, however, so credit where credit is due I guess it was “worth it” for that - because I can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a good performance in this franchise from any of them.

by Anonymousreply 62January 2, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote]Gay men love projecting their shit onto others

Gay men are actually very astute observers of other peoples' relationships.

by Anonymousreply 63January 2, 2022 11:00 PM

R63 not at all.

by Anonymousreply 64January 2, 2022 11:03 PM

R62, I don’t know about the me too flak… we did see Miranda in previous scenes obviously enamored with Che. If their dalliance came out of the blue, then yes, but it didn’t.

Hah r61 is blocked so he’s forever silenced for me in this thread. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 65January 2, 2022 11:04 PM

Have Cyn and Rojo invited over to the place to...get acquainted?

by Anonymousreply 66January 2, 2022 11:05 PM

Lmao r65 you’re replying to yourself. Most of this thread is one person. I’ve never ever seen anything like this. This is truly sick behavior.

by Anonymousreply 67January 2, 2022 11:07 PM

R66 invited Sara over*

by Anonymousreply 68January 2, 2022 11:08 PM

Ok can someone explain the Rojo joke? I’m waaay out of the loop.

by Anonymousreply 69January 2, 2022 11:09 PM

r64 you would not question this if you knew WTF you were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 70January 2, 2022 11:16 PM

I'm curious. I'm not a paid member so maybe it doesn't show up on my screen, but how can anyone other than the webmaster know who is posting and that it's the same person over and over again, unless that person is posting as different people but using the same official user name, which would be really stupid? Do paid members see the IP # of other posters or something that lets them know it's the same person?

by Anonymousreply 71January 3, 2022 1:10 AM

R71 please stop

by Anonymousreply 72January 3, 2022 1:11 AM

R71, no one knows who is posting. The person at r61 thinks only one person besides himself is posting here but they're changing their accounts. Like anyone would need to do that--hell, we're all anonymous! Best to block him, he's seriously paranoid. Definitely mental issues going on there.

by Anonymousreply 73January 3, 2022 1:14 AM

Now he’s answering himself

by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2022 1:16 AM

Is it Matt or D-R, R73?

by Anonymousreply 75January 3, 2022 1:18 AM

Not sure, r75. Wouldn't surprise me. He's seriously obsessed with this show though... and is seriously paranoid and delusional. And is anti-gay, so Matt is a good guess. Like anyone would need to post under multiple accounts.

by Anonymousreply 76January 3, 2022 1:21 AM

Posting just so this thread is on my thread list.

by Anonymousreply 77January 3, 2022 2:59 AM

The flash forward to Carrie wearing heels again was ridiculous.

"And just like that.....I learned nothing. 😊"

by Anonymousreply 78January 3, 2022 3:05 AM

"And just like that.....my alcoholic friend got finger banged by a fat Mexican bulldyke in my kitchen while I pissed the bed."

by Anonymousreply 79January 3, 2022 3:15 AM

A few typos there - “since they usually have MONEY;” CN looks HEAVY whoops

Well hopefully y’all could figure it out

R78 and I agree - it just seemed like they didn’t know how to end this episode, honestly, and tacked that on.

by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2022 3:18 AM

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else on here, but linked below is an interesting video featuring someone who worked on the original show appearing to back up what KC has said about SJP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2022 6:23 AM

Cattrall has enough money--they won't lure her back with that. Given how she's been treated, why else would Kim come back? Sure, the second coming of Samantha might help save the series, but Cattrall has a vested interest in standing back and watching this thing crash and burn, laughing all the while.

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2022 2:25 PM

This feels like karma for not leaving well enough alone.

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2022 2:36 PM

They should have stopped after the first film. It was a shameless cash grab too, but I get that audiences wanted the Big/Carrie wedding and the actresses wanted one more big payday. They were still young enough to embody their characters and the zeitgeist hadn't changed so much. After that, it's just been sad.

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2022 2:38 PM

Agreed, r84, the second movie was an abomination, one of the worst things ever put on the big screen. Nevertheless, it made a ton of money (go figure). So it’s no surprising that they went back to the cash cow. Very few people turn down that kind of pay day.

I guess my question is—do they care or not that the product is slop? (Although a few of the episodes—especially the last one—were better.) Or did they just lose competent writers? Or is MPK a mediocrity? The last episode gave me some hope that the show will keep improving, but in no way am I convinced.

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2022 3:35 PM

R 81, the portrait of SJP and KC relationship rings really true. Also, similar to what others who work on the set have said privately.

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2022 4:24 PM

I couldn't get through that podcast. The guy sounded like an airheaded moron. Can anyone give us the gist?

by Anonymousreply 87January 3, 2022 5:39 PM

R87, SJP is a nice person, but seemed put out that KC was a favorite with the cast and crew. He points out that since KC handled a lot of comedy on the show there was a lot of laughter and acknowledgement for her.

He notes that in later seasons after SJP became EP, alot of the scripts he was given were altered in ways that seemed to mirror the two women's relationship. SJP was given more lines reprimanding or expressing annoyance with Samantha (and he gives examples). As time went on things were made harder for KC.

He notes that CN and SJP have known each other since childhood so they are very tight and CN is a people pleaser. He also notes that KD seemed new to acting. KC was probably the furthest from her character in real life. He notes the professionalism of all (compared to Desperate Housewives where he also worked.) But as the most experienced actress, KC was maybe less impressed with it all than the others.

He traces the start of the rift to a house rental issue in season two, but honestly, that is a surmise unlike the rest of what he said. (And not a very credible one.)

by Anonymousreply 88January 3, 2022 6:24 PM

^^when I say scripts altered, I mean the lines in the script he was given pre-production vs. what actually ended up onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 89January 3, 2022 6:26 PM

Thanks R88 for summarising for us.

by Anonymousreply 90January 3, 2022 6:28 PM

Kim Cattrall is 65 - 70 in just five years. The others are 55/56. They can just about pull off this idea of being late in life daters after the end of their main relationships, MILFs, cougars, etc. but it won't work so easily for Cattrall.

by Anonymousreply 91January 3, 2022 6:37 PM

Except even being 10 years older than SJP, KC looks 10 years younger. SJP seriously looks to be over 70. The crazy homeless woman clothes do not help.

by Anonymousreply 92January 3, 2022 6:51 PM

[quote]They can just about pull off this idea of being late in life daters after the end of their main relationships, MILFs, cougars, etc. but it won't work so easily for Cattrall.

That’s a non-issue R91 given that Cattrall’s not returning.

by Anonymousreply 93January 3, 2022 7:55 PM

Patricia Field also dressed the cast of Guiding Light for awhile as well.

by Anonymousreply 94January 3, 2022 10:34 PM

I bet Cattrall is having more sex than you, R91.

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2022 5:39 AM

Che Diaz is one of the most annoying characters on TV. Miranda is being written as an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2022 5:43 AM

I liked the way Che dealt with Miranda at Big's funeral. I thought it showed a lot of class. I also thought it was funny and rather sweet that she told Carrie she was there for her if a bouncer was needed.

But the podcast is toe-curlingly awful. Cinderella married her prince 15 years earlier. She's not hanging out with the palace scullery maids.

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2022 5:49 AM

[quote] He also notes that KD seemed new to acting

Well, THAT’S a kind way to put it!!

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2022 9:12 AM

I bet she isn't, r95.

by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2022 10:17 AM

The podcast is not good, I agree r97. It’s such a weird side job for someone who isn’t desperate for money. If the podcast were about all things about the NY single scene I’d buy it, but it isn’t. Actually I’m not sure at all what it’s about except sex, which I know we all love, but seems like a limited topic.

by Anonymousreply 100January 4, 2022 12:25 PM

How is Kristin Davis's acting in the new series? I used to laugh at the scene in the original SATC show where she meets her old sorority sisters and sounds completely unconvincing when she says, "Dammit, I just wanna be fucked. Really fucked."

Poor Kristin was pretty but her acting on the original show was unintentionally comedic.

by Anonymousreply 101January 4, 2022 12:31 PM

Kristin is not a great actress, but I always felt that for some reason she was perfect for the role of Charlotte. She had that slightly dim personality that worked for that part. R101, you said it right—it was unintentionally comedic, but it worked for me. I think that dimness continues to work well in the new series, we know those Park Ave. wives are basically useless.

by Anonymousreply 102January 4, 2022 12:36 PM

I like Carrie new realtor friend Seema . She and "black Charlotte" should start their own show instead of these tiresome bitches.

by Anonymousreply 103January 4, 2022 4:00 PM

I hate most everything about this reboot, but I do like Nicole Ari Parker. She can actually act and she's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 104January 4, 2022 5:07 PM

[quote] KC was probably the furthest from her character in real life

That's quite strange, considering Kim Cattrall embraced Samantha to a point that she released a book in 2002 with her then husband Mark Levinson called Satisfaction: The Art Of The Female Orgasm.

She then blamed the long hours on the show as the reason they broke up. He was her third husband.

by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2022 6:01 PM

I remember KC being interviewed about her book and made it clear it wasn't anything Samantha-like. More about achieving intimacy and connection rather than lots of sex tips.

by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2022 6:07 PM

Kristin wasn't new to acting--she'd already had a high-profile role on Melrose Place. That said, she is no great thespian.

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2022 7:01 PM

R107, I wrote the summary and I also found it interesting that he said that about someone who had already been on a high profile show.

Of course I have never seen her in anything other than SATC---and I thought she was inexperienced when I first saw her on that show.

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2022 7:20 PM

Her character on Melrose Place was basically an evil Charlotte, so I can see why Darren Star wanted her for his next series. She did manage to bring a sweetness to Charlotte that her Melrose Place character didn't have, and I always loved it when they put Charlotte in absurd situations and KD would freak out with her squeaky voice and big cartoon eyes.

I know, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2022 7:26 PM

Davis was arguably the worst actor ever to appear on Melrose. Her only rivals were David Charvet and Kathy Ireland, but Charvet played himself, an airheaded himbo, and Ireland wasn't on long enough to win the prize. Davis was a laughable villain. Once her character died I thought sure we'd never see her in anything again. When I first heard about SATC and saw she was a cast member, I cringed. But I have to say- she was perfectly cast and knew how to play Charlotte. I would wager she'd be terrible in anything else, but she managed to luck into a role that was tailor made for her very thin margin of talent.

by Anonymousreply 110January 4, 2022 8:25 PM

Too bad Davis has ruined her once pretty face. And she teamed up with SJP and Cynthia to be nasty mean girls to Kim.

by Anonymousreply 111January 4, 2022 8:31 PM

Kristin Davis also played the iconic role of Jerry’s “toilet toothbrush” girlfriend on Seinfeld.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 4, 2022 8:37 PM

Kristin was getting better towards the last season when she had some good storyline, she even bagged an Emmy nomination.

It's ridiculous Kim never won even one Emmy for creating one of the most iconic (and multi-layered) female comedic characters of the last 30 years.

The Academy seemed to have an obsessed with Doris Roberts, no idea how good she was.

by Anonymousreply 113January 4, 2022 8:48 PM

Agreed. The Emmys loved to overload actors with awards for playing the same role. Or in Julia Louis Dreyfus' case, for giving the same performance no matter what the role.

by Anonymousreply 114January 4, 2022 8:54 PM

Kristin had real chemistry with Evan Handler, which helped. For some reason, she never quite clicked with Kyle MacLachlan.

by Anonymousreply 115January 4, 2022 9:15 PM

It's insane that Doris Roberts kept winning for that shit sitcom only old watched and Kim Cattrall didn't even get one win.

by Anonymousreply 116January 4, 2022 9:18 PM

How many times did Candace Bergen win for Murphy Brown? Once the Emmy voters get in a rut, they never quit.

by Anonymousreply 117January 4, 2022 9:22 PM

R117 5!

by Anonymousreply 118January 4, 2022 9:23 PM

Then Helen Hunt won 4 times in a row, beating out iconic characters such as Ally McBeal

by Anonymousreply 119January 4, 2022 9:27 PM

Unlike most, i am enjoying the new series. Maybe it helps I was never a great fan of the original (after series 3 ) but i like this darker version, probably because i will be 50 this years and some themes reasonate (affluence vs being in a rutt, managing friends, managing new friends). The scene between Miranda and Carrie in the bedroom was great and as someone said above, very well acted.

by Anonymousreply 120January 4, 2022 10:30 PM

r116 SHUT UP FRANK!

by Anonymousreply 121January 5, 2022 6:58 AM

It's also ridic that SJP won her one Emmy for Season 6 where she was her most cartoonist and unrealistic.

She was actually good in the first 4 seasons before Carrie changed for the worse abd became a shrill little sexy girl.

Kim should have won for her work on any season but especially s4 and s6.

by Anonymousreply 122January 5, 2022 7:10 AM

AJLT got a scathing write up in this weeks TV Guide which is almost word for word something written here several threads back. Which one of you bitches works for TV Guide?

by Anonymousreply 123January 5, 2022 10:40 AM

[quote]It's also ridic

R122=fucking retard

by Anonymousreply 124January 5, 2022 1:27 PM

Thanks for the link, r123.

by Anonymousreply 125January 5, 2022 6:28 PM

R124 Kristin Davis

by Anonymousreply 126January 5, 2022 6:29 PM

I have R124 on block. Anyone else? If you can still see my posts you are a dreadful turd

by Anonymousreply 127January 5, 2022 6:31 PM

R125 R126 R127 way to pollute this thread with your incessant babbling. Turd.

by Anonymousreply 128January 5, 2022 7:03 PM

Oops my mistake

by Anonymousreply 129January 5, 2022 7:04 PM

Damn, I might have to watch this again.

by Anonymousreply 130January 5, 2022 8:34 PM

Matt Rousch from TV Guide wrote the AJLT review. He definitely posts here. The article is just about word for word what has been written here.

by Anonymousreply 131January 5, 2022 9:40 PM

Will they redeem Carrie by having her be Ferry Godmother to Charlotte and Miranda and be a sage?

by Anonymousreply 132January 5, 2022 11:04 PM

New ‘Sex and the City’ series ‘And Just Like That’ is woke, weird and awful

Unpopular opinion: Carrie Bradshaw is one of the worst female protagonists ever. So little surprise that “And Just Like That” — the latest iteration of “Sex and the City” — is equally terrible.

Before we get to the controversial death of a major character, the extreme woke-ism and rampant materialism on display and the absence of fan favorite Kim Cattrall, let’s acknowledge that “SATC” has never aged well, let alone adapted to changing times.

The death knell should have been the execrable 2010 feature film “Sex and the City 2,” which saw these four ostensibly cosmopolitan women touring Abu Dhabi — the most erudite yodeling “Abu Dhabi doo!,” another flinging condoms around an open-air market in a Muslim-majority country and yelling, “I have sex!” — for no discernible purpose.

The critical and commercial failure of that film put a third film on ice — one that reportedly used the death of Carrie’s great love, Mr. Big, as its main plotline.

The series finale aired in February 2004 on HBO, and New York then is nothing like New York now. But the Manhattan of “AJLT” remains a snow globe, one in which the pandemic is over, the economy has recovered, and the greatest concerns are hearing loss, going gray, and whether to sacrifice an early trip “out East” (code for the Hamptons).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 5, 2022 11:09 PM

So here we are, a pushing-60 Carrie Bradshaw opening this awkward revival with her insufferable, aren’t-I-adorable tics — the squeals, the hair-tossing, the over-the-top grimaces — gathering with her lifelong best friends for lunch, constantly changing the subject, as ever, back to herself.

Truly, Carrie was always the worst, a narcissist who grew more malignant with each passing season. It’s amazing that SJP can’t see it — she’s always played Carrie as a charismatic, irresistible heroine rather than the soul-sucking friend and mediocre writer she is.

Lest we forget: Carrie bullied her newly divorced best friend into giving her the down payment for her apartment, a down payment she couldn’t afford because she squandered $40,000 on designer shoes; who ignored a tearful, postpartum friend’s agonies to perseverate on a bad book review in the New York Times; who treated the only decent man she ever dated like garbage, accepting his marriage proposal when she had no intention of going through with it, mocking him to his face as a hick, and cheating on him repeatedly with her emotionally unavailable, psychologically abusive ex, Mr. Big.

That the show turned Carrie and Big into the endgame — true-love-conquers-all, even as the first “SATC” movie had Big leaving Carrie at the altar — was its most cynical conceit.

by Anonymousreply 134January 5, 2022 11:09 PM

The cringe, after all these years, remains strong. Chris Noth’s Mr. Big dies after a Peloton ride (who at Peloton is green-lighting these horrible promotions?), but not before masturbating in front of Carrie at her command.

The sophisticated and urbane lawyer Miranda Hobbes acts as though she’s never encountered a black person in her decades of living in Brooklyn and New York City.

And we’re meant to believe a humorless nonbinary character — jackknifed into this milieu — is a stand-up comic, given to hyper-woke campus jargon such as, “What can … a straight cis male personally do to eradicate the harmful patriarchal system of this gender binary compulsive heterosexuality?”

This same character, a self-described “queer non-binary Mexican-Irish diva,” gets Miranda’s teenage son high and smokes in an elevator.

All these people are terrible — well, almost.

The absence of Cattrall’s warm-hearted Samantha is explained away in meta-dialogue that seems to reference Cattrall’s bitterness over her storylines (including a rumored sexual involvement with Miranda’s teenage son) and SJP’s place in the show’s pecking order, with Carrie lamenting unreturned calls and text messages.

Miranda: “You know it’s kind of like she’s dead, Samantha … her pride got damaged.”

Carrie: “I understand that she was upset, but I thought I was more to her than an ATM.”

Cattrall deserves better.

So does the late Willie Garson, who was made to film funeral scenes while terminally ill himself, praising the newly widowed Carrie — who rudely dismisses her compassionate friends — as “our Jackie Kennedy … pulling it together and giving us a look today because she knew people would be expecting it.”

Once upon a time, “SATC” wanted to be about far more than looks. “And Just Like That” only underscores its essential shallowness.

by Anonymousreply 135January 5, 2022 11:10 PM

At r133, Sex and the City 2 was definitely a critical failure but it wasn't a commercial failure. Hence why and how this series got green lit.

by Anonymousreply 136January 5, 2022 11:11 PM

What’s a Ferry Godmother, R132? Does she launch ships?

by Anonymousreply 137January 5, 2022 11:26 PM

R137 sorry I've had a drink and I am chagrined. Thank you R134 R135 that could have been written by one of us.

I agree completely apart from Carrie did not bully Charlotte into giving her the deposit. If you watch the episode she is rightly furious Charlotte ignores her and turns away instead of listening to her. Miranda and Samantha offer Carrie the money and she refuses. Big gives her the cheque and she eventually tears it up too.

There are many reasons to loathe Carrie but she was actually pretty decent in that episode.

Watch this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 5, 2022 11:37 PM

They better hope they don’t go out on this season or the entire series will go out on a very negative note. I have actually enjoyed it somewhat even though many things, mentioned above, bothered me esp the way they wrote Samantha out.

This was supposed to be a lot of what the 3rd movie was going to be about. WHAT? Nobody wants to see Carrie depressed over Big dying. We want the FUN SATC. This article gets some things about the original wrong except it does paint a damning pic of Carrie. I think SJP’s warmth and charisma saved the writing for Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 139January 5, 2022 11:40 PM

R139 agree. Feels like the are atoning for the original instead of making this more fun. What do you feel the review got wrong?

by Anonymousreply 140January 5, 2022 11:43 PM

R140 I don’t think the original aged badly. It was a product of its time. I enjoy it immensely even today, but I now see why I enjoy S 1&2 more than 3-6- they changed showrunners. Makes total sense now. MPK is the problem. 100%. Just as Charlotte/Trey got old and tedious so did Samantha/Richard.

by Anonymousreply 141January 5, 2022 11:47 PM

Charlotte is written a tad bit too ditzy. She ran a successful art gallery where she dealt with a wide range of people. That take savvy and smarts. She would know and likely have made a lot of diverse friends.

by Anonymousreply 142January 5, 2022 11:50 PM

If they get a Season 2, which is likely, they better right the ship or this will end and end badly for the legacy of the show.

by Anonymousreply 143January 5, 2022 11:51 PM

Variety reporting that a fantasy sequence with Noth has been removed from the season finale.

Guilty until proved innocent, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 144January 5, 2022 11:55 PM

This is ridiculous. Are they going to digitally remove Big from Seasons 1-6? SJP doesn’t give a shit about anyone but her self.

by Anonymousreply 145January 6, 2022 12:05 AM

Anyone know where you can stream season 4 free online?

by Anonymousreply 146January 6, 2022 12:07 AM

Agree with you R141 though season 3 was good too

by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2022 12:11 AM

Here you go R146 All the episodes that aired are up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 6, 2022 12:29 AM

R147 I enjoyed all of them but S 1&2 the most. S3 is third in my favorite list. I used to love the episode ‘Sex and the Country’ but Carrie acts like a fucking bitch in it. Totally over the top. The squirrel shrieking was funny but her the rest of grating.

The E! Channel airs all episodes regularly usually late at night (midnight to 3am CST).

by Anonymousreply 149January 6, 2022 12:31 AM

They may have cut Noth’s scene but he still got a free trip to Paris and a few million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 150January 6, 2022 12:46 AM

R148 thank you my love.

Anyone else think Kim should have won an Emmy? Any thoughts on why she lost?

by Anonymousreply 151January 6, 2022 12:48 AM

According to wikipedia, Cynthia is directing tomorrow's episode. This should be...interesting.

by Anonymousreply 152January 6, 2022 12:51 AM

I’m guessing Miranda will have a serious talk with Steve in the next episode. But will she have to yell the whole time? Why wouldn’t he have hearing aids?

by Anonymousreply 153January 6, 2022 1:20 AM

Imagine saying being drunkenly fingerbanged for 5 minutes was the best you ever had. How SAD.

by Anonymousreply 154January 6, 2022 1:21 AM

This is the Miranda the reboot needs, not that drunken dyke wannabe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 6, 2022 1:45 AM

R149 Carrie's squirrel meltdown was ridiculous. Like they don't have squirrels in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 156January 6, 2022 2:03 AM

Steve does have a hearing aid. He turned it off during the piano recital in episode one.

by Anonymousreply 157January 6, 2022 2:31 AM

Love Meg Statler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 6, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote]What can … a straight cis male personally do to eradicate the harmful patriarchal system of this gender binary compulsive heterosexuality?”

This wasn't actually said on the show, right?

by Anonymousreply 159January 6, 2022 2:51 AM

Cynthia must be drinking after seeing/hearing how folks feel about Miranda’s descent into idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 160January 6, 2022 2:53 AM

R156 It was funny, though. Her reaction to dropping her pie was ridiculous. Now, the lack of AC would have been a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 161January 6, 2022 3:03 AM

Who’s the farmer with the delts?

by Anonymousreply 162January 6, 2022 3:35 AM

Newsflash: Carrie shrieking is never, ever funny.

by Anonymousreply 163January 6, 2022 4:18 AM

I agree with the Post article for the most part, especially Carrie being a narcissistic cow. I disagree about including the pandemic. I think they were smart exclude it, people want escapism and normalcy, not masks and vaccine cards. Secondly, the article criticizes the wokeness, rightly so, but then also condemns the shallowness of them talking about grey hair, the Hamptons etc.., that’s what the original show was built on, their bubble world and at times mundane things. Did the writer forget the Brazilian wax episode?! It’s sucking now because they moved so far away from that. As for the film, it was awful, but I believe a financial success.

One of two things will happen. SJP will bring it back for yet another revival in a few years to undo the damage and say she wants a proper ending after AJLT misstep. Or she’ll pretend it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 164January 6, 2022 4:54 AM

The only funny thing in the country cabin scene is Aidan snapping at Carrie to calm the fuck down because it is just a squirrel. Her shrieks were never cute or funny.

by Anonymousreply 165January 6, 2022 4:58 AM

It will be back for another season. It’s a ratings winner and people are talking about it. The Noth drama will be forgotten by the time they start filming season 2.

by Anonymousreply 166January 6, 2022 6:01 AM

Fed up with these people (adults) who come forth decades later with accusations.

by Anonymousreply 167January 6, 2022 6:20 AM

Beautifully put R135.

by Anonymousreply 168January 6, 2022 8:14 AM

R159 Yes, it was. Che is a horrid character.

by Anonymousreply 169January 6, 2022 8:16 AM

"Them? There are others?!"

Ok, that was funny.

by Anonymousreply 170January 6, 2022 8:38 AM

I thought it was hilarious that the professor kept trying to change the subject during the dinner and take over the conversation because it's basically what Carrie did the entire fucking episode. She totally took over the plastic surgery consult, she made the fight between Charlotte and Miranda all about her and her misery... god, I have never seen such a self centered cunt be celebrated as such a good friend.

by Anonymousreply 171January 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Most of the SatC fans are probably the same age as the actors and writers, and are unlikely to care about the new corrections to the white, non-woke flaws in the OG.

by Anonymousreply 172January 6, 2022 8:45 AM

My only real complaint about the review is that AJLT isn't woke, it's trying to be inclusive and frequently failing. It's not "woke" to just shoehorn in various diverse characters into a show and give them insufferable dialogue that's about how diverse they are. That's the opposite of woke. Woke is, say, "Dear White People" or "Steven Universe" or something.

AJLT is the 2021 version of 1970s shows and movies that shoehorned in black characters who did nothing but talk about how they were black and speak jive.

by Anonymousreply 173January 6, 2022 9:31 AM

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Miranda's masturbation scene nearly made me vomit. She looks like Granny Clampett.

Every single conversation Carrie has with her friends is about her, or if it isn't, she turns it around so it is.

Who is that black couple and why are they here?

The clothes are crazier than ever. In what universe do people wear mismatched plaids? Carrie sashaying down her stairs with that flower arrangement on her head nearly made me fall off my chair laughing. And she displays her cleavage in nearly every outfit.

Carrie and Miranda still eat with their mouths open, especially Miranda.

If in saying she doesn't want to erase the last 15 years, Carrie is saying she doesn't think she is in dire need of facial work, she is truly the Queen of de Nile.

On the other hand, Seema looks like every woman of that age wishes she could look. She gleams. Her skin and hair are divine. Her clothes are elegant and flattering. But needs to ditch the smoking... And Charlotte looks fine, still beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 174January 6, 2022 9:52 AM

I thought this ep was supposed to have Miranda trying to reconnect with Steve, since she hadn’t heard from her mistress. Am I the only one who read that synopsis?

by Anonymousreply 175January 6, 2022 10:01 AM

Watching episode 6 on Sky right now...Some thoughts.

Miranda reliving Che shotgunning and rubbing her and masturbating while talking to Brady? Not hot.

Seems is pretty funny, I like her.

The Rock/Rose thing...that kid is becoming a walking stereotype. They'll have her in a fucking binder next.

Carrie's new kitchen looks like the place where they had Big's funeral.

Anthony is the only one who still has a sense of humour.

Carrie thinking about a facelift...she's old people, don't forget that!

by Anonymousreply 176January 6, 2022 10:21 AM

Above should read Seema, not Seems

by Anonymousreply 177January 6, 2022 10:23 AM

Carrie's the same age as Seema and Charlotte... Carrie would look so much better if she highlighted her strengths - her trim figure, her petiteness - instead of her flaws - her horrible hair, both in colour and styles, which in turn emphasize her big nose and aged face, and her quirky, juvenile taste in clothes, which make her look both crazy and older.

by Anonymousreply 178January 6, 2022 10:28 AM

Do Indian parents really try to matchmake their middle-aged, long-past fertility daughters?

by Anonymousreply 179January 6, 2022 10:41 AM

I was just thinking the same thing R179

by Anonymousreply 180January 6, 2022 10:42 AM

Che and Miranda’s fantasy scene is so hot as to make me never want to have sex again.

by Anonymousreply 181January 6, 2022 10:52 AM

Was there more pissing in this episode?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 6, 2022 10:58 AM

Not sorry I love Carrie’s shrieks.

We don’t need to be reminded all the time of their age. Like Seema shows, you can look damn good in your 50s.

Miranda having a late life identity crisis is the few authentic and interesting things though the execution could be better.

MPK needs to be checked. He’s apparently the one who is responsible for many of the awful things.

I don’t see Carrie as the extreme narcissist some do, though she is self-centered.

The show should have never listened to the criticism of the original to the extreme they did. Keep it fun, sprinkle in the serious. I agree with the criticism of the Post article- is it woke or shallow? We liked the shallow of the original. It wasn’t a fucking documentary of NYC and IT SHOULDN’T BE NOW!

by Anonymousreply 183January 6, 2022 10:59 AM

Carrie, you dumb bitch, get some earplugs from the drugstore or turn on the fucking radio.

by Anonymousreply 184January 6, 2022 10:59 AM

They wrote in Kristen’s face work, lol.

by Anonymousreply 185January 6, 2022 11:03 AM

Charlotte going on about how charismatic and wonderful Che is, like we fucking GET IT.

by Anonymousreply 186January 6, 2022 11:07 AM

Che and her/their ethereal non binary glow. This is the future.

by Anonymousreply 187January 6, 2022 11:15 AM

Can we have some writing where characters go through their struggles with dignity, grace and a decent sense of humour? It can be done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 6, 2022 11:50 AM

You can't be serious, R187.

by Anonymousreply 189January 6, 2022 11:50 AM

Fear not R189, I was 100% joking.

by Anonymousreply 190January 6, 2022 11:52 AM

She'd have to get down on her knees, r59, to motorboat those.

by Anonymousreply 191January 6, 2022 12:16 PM

This week’s episode * Carrie is in pants. Finally. She’s wearing something current.

* Miranda’s college outfit was a little more appropriate for someone like her

* Sara Ramirez ain’t even cute. I don’t wanna see her concentration face. The finger. I can’t.

* I liked the two cultural appropriation/appreciation chats - the knee-jerk Gen Zs vs the more sober Gen X - is a good way of bringing up “current attitudes” without checking off a panicked woke-a-rama checklist.

* I love that the only thing we see Carrie cooking is salmon and vegetables.

* Kind of impressed SJP let herself have the surgeon suggest she needs a (half) facelift after her hip-replacement-but-not-because-she’s-old

by Anonymousreply 192January 6, 2022 12:25 PM

The scene with Miranda’s professor and her husband in bed is more authentic and romantic than anything that ever appeared in the original show or the movies, it’s like they imported these characters in from a good film.

I too am impressed SJP let them do the Carrie facelift storyline. I am certain that Carrie the character would have done plastic surgery, she was so insecure and into keeping up with trends. That’s also why I accept Charlotte’s messed up lips - realistic.

by Anonymousreply 193January 6, 2022 12:32 PM

I also did not know who was going to be playing the plastic surgeon! That was a treat.

by Anonymousreply 194January 6, 2022 12:32 PM

So Groff is a new love interest for Anthony?

Maybe Seema will discover she’s still single because she’s a big lez and will hook up with Miranda? Che’s not it- the quick snippet last week about being polyamorous was a honking big anvil.

by Anonymousreply 195January 6, 2022 12:42 PM

I think the entire cast should be fighting for Che's finger. That's what people really want to see.

by Anonymousreply 196January 6, 2022 12:53 PM

The actor playing Seema’s father appeared in the original series as the Pakistani waiter who kissed Samantha in Season 2. It’s so obvious they’re inserting Mario Cantone into scenes written for Willie Garson. The last two episodes are the best so far.

by Anonymousreply 197January 6, 2022 1:15 PM

To be honest, I like how a lot of the scenes are written. I feel like I am learning how in a perfect world adults should talk to each other. The seen between Seema and Carrie when the Big's picture was broken was very well written. And the seen where Carrie chastises Miranda for not doing her job and looking out for her. Carrie never once let her off the hook. The embarrassment alone of it all would have made me sweep it under the rug and not make a big deal out of it and bury my true feelings about my friend. But she kept at her, which I liked.

And ultimately, no one seems to really like Charlotte. Carrie seems especially averse to her so far. But it's very real that she is still around - as she would in most friendships. There is always that friend who is so off from your own personal values, and you tolerate them because it's easier humouring them than letting the relationship wither on the vine. It's easy enough to maintain it, without getting too deep. But they all do seem to find her so, silly.

by Anonymousreply 198January 6, 2022 1:46 PM

Rock is so weird. It’s like she hasn’t discussed her identity with her parents at all and casually drops in announcements like it’s no big deal. Kids do that when they tell parents Big News but the actress is giving no indication that Rock has any awareness.

But the actress looks cute with short hair, so I guess that’s why she was cast.

by Anonymousreply 199January 6, 2022 1:48 PM

I hope Rock doesn’t get her tits cut off and it ends up a phase. It was for me.

by Anonymousreply 200January 6, 2022 1:56 PM

[quote] It’s so obvious they’re inserting Mario Cantone into scenes written for Willie Garson.

He's actually a far better Stanford than Stanford... Willie Garson to me came across as creepy. Cantone's take has a strong dose of Norma Desmond going on and I like it... it's kinda real. Charlotte and Carrie should battle over custody. He's not your Stanford he's my Anthony!

by Anonymousreply 201January 6, 2022 1:57 PM

R200 Yes, exactly. It was one of the few pieces of good writing in this series when Anthony said a few episodes back that she's a kid who wanted to be a dog at one point and that she'd probably grow out of it.

by Anonymousreply 202January 6, 2022 2:03 PM

I can see Seema becoming friends with Miranda and Charlotte and filling the Samantha void. Speaking of Samantha, must they refer to her in every episode? The sex scene with Nyla and sexy hubby was hot. The scene with Miranda masturbating was not. Eek.

by Anonymousreply 203January 6, 2022 2:22 PM

Tomorrow belongs to Che.

*rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 204January 6, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote] Steve and Miranda always had issues and were never really a great match: Even during the original series, Miranda seemed to just be settling for her babydaddy. It's unrealistic, especially after his affair during the first movie, that they wouldn't have split years ago. In fact, they should have broken up during the first movie. It would have been a poignant contrast to Carrie's fairy tale ending.

Though Miranda and Steve meeting in tears on the Brooklyn Bridge to Al Green singing How Do You Mend A Broken Heart? was a rare grace note in that film.

I agree with everyone who said they would be amicably divorced. Steve (amd weirdly, Anthony) are one of the few nice, normal characters on the show. Miranda was always the least stable of the original 4 women in spite of her education, intellect and wealth because she was so bitter and snobbish (even the immature Carrie pretty much knew who she was and was comfortable in her own company).

Miranda’s ending in the TV series showed her learning to show affection to Steve’s Ma. It’s pretty much in character that Miranda still hates her life now and struggles now to improve it without being destructive.

by Anonymousreply 205January 6, 2022 2:56 PM

I see a spin off... building on her powerful sex magentism we should follow the hordes of women and thems who seek the pleasure. I give you:

Che and the Clitty.

by Anonymousreply 206January 6, 2022 2:58 PM

Miranda and Steve were over long before SatC ended. She said that their sex together took exactly 7 predictable minutes. There's research that shows that a couple must have no more than 20 IQ points difference for a lasting r'ship; if true, Steve and Miranda were doomed from the start.

Steve had a wonderful gf when he and Miranda broke up - Debbie. She was extremely pretty, warm, affectionate and genuinely loved Steve's Ma. Miranda was great with Robert.

by Anonymousreply 207January 6, 2022 3:08 PM

Miranda was great with Robert. There's no point treating the breakup of Miranda and Steve as creativity drawing on reality. They're just jerking characters around to suit the present moment.

by Anonymousreply 208January 6, 2022 3:18 PM

I don't think that Anthony is a great replacement for Stanford for Carrie. Stanford was very agreeable and soft, and he put up with Carrie's self-centredness and drama. Anthony doesn't put up with anything. He loved Charlotte because she was such a WASP princess and always looked perfect. Charlotte is also kind and non-judgemental.

by Anonymousreply 209January 6, 2022 3:18 PM

Maybe Anthony can fight the good fight for all of us then.

by Anonymousreply 210January 6, 2022 3:27 PM

Charlotte nonjudgmental?!

by Anonymousreply 211January 6, 2022 3:30 PM

Yes, I regretted saying that and couldn't correct. She was very judgemental about Carrie's affair with Big when he was married to Natasha, and now Miranda's dalliance with the repellent Che. But she is generally sweet.

R210

by Anonymousreply 212January 6, 2022 3:38 PM

And when Miranda considered having an abortion.

And when the art expert herself freaked out about seeing Samantha’s tasteful nudes.

And when her brother fucked Samantha on the rebound.

And when Harry didn’t propose fast enough and she told he should be grateful she is seen in public with him because she is pretty and he’s bald.

by Anonymousreply 213January 6, 2022 3:55 PM

Now that I think about it, Charlotte is less judgmental than you would expect from her background. I guess that’s pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 214January 6, 2022 4:27 PM

I love Anthony. But then I also love Mario Cantone.

by Anonymousreply 215January 6, 2022 4:39 PM

Carrie's gray suit with the gray hat in the saree store - that's a good look for her - very chic. She looked great there. "That's not cultural appropriation, that's cultural appreciation." Rolls eyes.

by Anonymousreply 216January 6, 2022 4:43 PM

Jesus fucking Christ ANOTHER bean flicking scene? I hope it's clear when the scene starts so I can quadruple fast forward.

by Anonymousreply 217January 6, 2022 4:55 PM

Really with the Miranda-Che flashbacks, and Miranda masturbating through Brady at the door? My Miranda-Che bias makes me cringe.

More professor's hot husband please.

"She's 22 and went to Oberlin, there's nothing I can do about it without risking a lawsuit." Ha.

by Anonymousreply 218January 6, 2022 4:55 PM

I couldn't place Groff at first. Looks good.

by Anonymousreply 219January 6, 2022 4:59 PM

Jesus that whole park picnic scene.

by Anonymousreply 220January 6, 2022 5:03 PM

The whiplash buy and sell apartment thing probably wasn't necessary to drive the point home, but I'm glad Carrie is in her old place.

by Anonymousreply 221January 6, 2022 5:09 PM

"This week’s episode * Carrie is in pants. Finally. She’s wearing something current." R192? When Carrie was wearing the knee-high boots with the jodpur-looking pants, I cringed. I remember wearing that look in high school -- and I'm 63! Has it come back in style?

And R198, the word you're looking for is spelled "scene." Look it up.

One more thing: I'm a lesbian, and these sex scenes are really sickening. I myself turn my head and FF past them. So gentlemen, don't feel bad if you do too.

by Anonymousreply 222January 6, 2022 5:13 PM

Interesting that when they were shooting and tons of pics turned up on social media there were photos of SJP in her Indian garb walking with a man/love interest outside of her building but he wasn’t in the episode last night. Four more episodes to go and wondering if there will be any surprises. Aiden? Samantha? You never know. And even though I don’t think this season has been great (but getting better) I still looking forward to watching every Thursday morning.

by Anonymousreply 223January 6, 2022 5:31 PM

I thought last week was better, but this was okay. They're balancing the old with the new better now. It's key that we the those lengthy interactions/discussions between the main characters.

by Anonymousreply 224January 6, 2022 5:39 PM

Jonathan Groff is so handsome. Sigh.

Really enjoyed the episode. Now the characters are established and it's focusing on the 4 of them it's got its groove back.

They did of course cover surgery in the original series when Samantha had her chemical peel in honour of Kim Cattrall's infamous award show (Golden Globes?) appearance. The actors are all willing to laugh at themselves.

When Dr Jonathan reverted Carrie back 15 years I'm sure the photo of Carrie was from one of the publicity shots they used for the dvd sets.

by Anonymousreply 225January 6, 2022 6:29 PM

I was up late last night so I watched the episode soon after it was put on the platform. I did not see a preview for next week. I know they did/are doing 10 episodes for this season, but are they staggering the final four or will there be a new one next week?

by Anonymousreply 226January 6, 2022 7:20 PM

Charlotte should just toss those two annoying daughters out the fucking window.

by Anonymousreply 227January 6, 2022 7:38 PM

What is it with Miranda involving Brady in her sex life? Does anyone remember her having sex with some dude in her apartment while he was in his crib crying and she was yelling "Mummy's coming!"

Poor kid is going to need a lot of therapy.

by Anonymousreply 228January 6, 2022 8:14 PM

I second that, r227. That lame ass "rap" and the adopted daughter flinging her arms around as if the rap was just sooo cool.

by Anonymousreply 229January 6, 2022 8:17 PM

Agree R227 Plus, they don't seem to have any kind of relationship. They're supposed to be sisters yet I don't think we've seen a scene yet where they have a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 230January 6, 2022 8:18 PM

My god, you're right, R213. She was very judgemental and actually pretty brutal the way she went off on Miranda. I had just forgotten because she was my favourite character.

R209

by Anonymousreply 231January 6, 2022 8:29 PM

Would you be more into the Miranda-Che scenes if Che was played by some hot lipstick lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 232January 6, 2022 8:37 PM

Fuck no R232.

by Anonymousreply 233January 6, 2022 8:40 PM

Jonathan Groff naked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 6, 2022 8:44 PM

I would be far less disgusted by them. Ramirez is one of the least attractive people I have ever seen on television.

by Anonymousreply 235January 6, 2022 8:45 PM

Can't Charlotte and Harry afford an apartment with separate bedrooms for the two daughters?

by Anonymousreply 236January 6, 2022 8:45 PM

Ramirez is just repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 237January 6, 2022 8:46 PM

I have seen non-binary and now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 238January 6, 2022 8:46 PM

Ramirez is ok I suppose, it's just that the character is so badly written.

by Anonymousreply 239January 6, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote]"Them? There are others?!" Ok, that was funny.

I did laugh at that line. One of the things I find bizarre is that Carrie and Miranda are just so at ease with Che's pronouns. The woman is clearly a woman and it would be automatic for them to use she and correct themselves, but they get it right every time.

by Anonymousreply 240January 6, 2022 8:50 PM

I can see Charlotte having problems with the pronoun thing. Carrie was probably beat over the head with it so much at work, its second nature for her. Miranda would call Che anything she wanted to get snatch fingered again.

by Anonymousreply 241January 6, 2022 9:16 PM

Another good episode.. still not the same snap, crackle, pop, but definitely a move in the right direction. And I'll repeat--they need to stop with the schmaltzy Hallmark channel music.

by Anonymousreply 242January 6, 2022 11:12 PM

When Charlotte & Carrie were looking for sheets, why didn’t they just look at the labels you could clearly see on the boxes rather than opening random boxes kamikaze style?

Or she could have bought new sheets rather than trekked out to wherever her storage unit is.

by Anonymousreply 243January 6, 2022 11:26 PM

That storage unit was almost as big as Leno's garage.

by Anonymousreply 244January 6, 2022 11:55 PM

I loved that big yellow lamp.

by Anonymousreply 245January 6, 2022 11:57 PM

One of the worst missteps of this revival is making Carrie a one-percenter. A filthy-rich widow who spends her days buying and selling zillion dollar apartments and contemplating plastic surgery is a far cry from the struggling but relatable Everywoman she was 20 years ago.

That's when she's not pressuring her friends into coming along on every little chore and errand so that she has emotional support.

Carrie has absolutely no purpose in life.

Explain to me again why we're supposed to root for her.

by Anonymousreply 246January 7, 2022 12:13 AM

R246 agreed, though I don't know how they would've gotten around that. Big was RICH.

When she was freaking out about Miranda fucking "her boss", I was thinking...bitch you probably have more money in your change purse than Che has anywhere.

And sentiment aside, I can't imagine how a woman who lived in a palace for 15+ years would be able to go back to her bachelorette pad.

by Anonymousreply 247January 7, 2022 12:22 AM

Today's episode was better without Che other than Miranda thinking about it. They really need to do something about Miranda's wig. It's looking worse each week, like an ill fitting bird's nest.

Carrie is looking older every week. I don't think the character should have work done but man she is getting hard to look at. She looks much older than the other two. I think because she's so thin. That thin is never a good look on older people.

The "They/them, whatever the fuck they call themselves kid annoys me. Sorry but I think ppl are born gay or straight or maybe in the wrong body, I believe that, but this thing kids are doing is bullshit and everyone just goes along with it, in real life too. Make them choose and stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 248January 7, 2022 12:32 AM

No black Charlotte this week. I don’t think they know what to do with her.

by Anonymousreply 249January 7, 2022 12:51 AM

Or the prof. Barely there.

by Anonymousreply 250January 7, 2022 1:13 AM

This show perfectly reflects our fucked up culture. Nothing can be fun anymore, everything has to be about an issue or rejected for not being about an issue. No one is having any fun. We must feel bad about everything. And this show is no fun anymore either.

by Anonymousreply 251January 7, 2022 1:15 AM

The prof is still having fun!

by Anonymousreply 252January 7, 2022 1:17 AM

I was hoping that the plastic surgeon, when he started describing the procedures he'd recommend to Carrie would say: "Or, in short, a dehorsification."

by Anonymousreply 253January 7, 2022 1:18 AM

Lexie, haven't you landed [italic]yet?[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 254January 7, 2022 1:19 AM

R253 He realistically should have told her to simply gain some weight. That would have been revolutionary.

by Anonymousreply 255January 7, 2022 1:20 AM

Hey, they're Hollywood Woke, r255. Let's not get crazy!

by Anonymousreply 256January 7, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote] I am certain that Carrie the character would have done plastic surgery

But the weird thing is that the actress, SJP, has already done the plastic surgery, so it was really off for the doctor to pretend not to know that.

by Anonymousreply 257January 7, 2022 1:51 AM

I really don’t need to see Miranda masturbating while she talking to her son through the door.

by Anonymousreply 258January 7, 2022 2:37 AM

We’re supposed to believe that Carries shiny tight forehead wasn’t Botox’s to the hilt?

by Anonymousreply 259January 7, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote][R246] agreed, though I don't know how they would've gotten around that. Big was RICH.

They could've had it turn out it he was in debt or made some risky investments and she was basically back to being middle class. Lot of movies/plays do that plot device.

by Anonymousreply 260January 7, 2022 2:50 AM

It was a fine episode but the show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. Too many cool women. They need to trim one. The easy choice is the prof. Her story is most outside the gang. I thought the picnic scene overall was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 261January 7, 2022 2:54 AM

[quote]I don't know how they would've gotten around that. Big was RICH.

There were PLENTY of ways.

Maybe Big was rich like Donald Trump -- with $1B in debt.

Maybe Big never got around to changing his will.

Maybe Big's company owned the condo.

It would have made for better drama if Carrie was fucked over by Big financially.

by Anonymousreply 262January 7, 2022 2:54 AM

I still gotta say I didn’t think this would work with how SJP was looking. She still looks older than she is, but much better than she did.

I think if ever they *could* lure KC back that is gone. There is zero way she’d come back seeing how this season was written and especially how her character was degraded.

So, were they really going to have Samantha fuck a 17 year old Brady?

by Anonymousreply 263January 7, 2022 2:54 AM

R223:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 7, 2022 2:56 AM

R264. No. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 265January 7, 2022 2:58 AM

There was so much bad green screen in this episode. With weird green screen lighting.

For example, Carrie's new apartment. It was like she had moved into a CGI world. And I had to laugh when she slammed the dishwasher shut and the entire island wabbled. It was like cheap soap operas when someone slams the door and the whole wall shakes.

And the picnic scene! It was so obvious in some shots that it was green-screened. It made the production values seem very amateurish.

by Anonymousreply 266January 7, 2022 2:58 AM

Guys like Big could certainly have love children, but not with his ex. Why would Natasha have kept something like that a secret? If she'd gotten pregnant before the divorce, she'd have terminated or divorced him anyway and sued him for child support. She wouldn't have touched Big after she discovered the affair with Carrie.

It would be more realistic if Big had been keeping a mistress while married to Carrie and the (much younger) woman showed up pregnant and demanding support from the estate.

by Anonymousreply 267January 7, 2022 3:00 AM

People keep trying to drag this down the soap route... missing children, secretly bankrupt... that's not the story they're telling. They think they're presenting a serious drama about grief and aging.

by Anonymousreply 268January 7, 2022 3:01 AM

Big, though 40 years younger, acted a lot like Roger on Mad Men. It would have been in character for him to have had a child with an old girlfriend and left that kid a fortune, all without ever telling Carrie. You know Roger's last wife and his daughter got a huge surprise with Roger kicked the bucket and left most of what he owned to his grandson and his child with Joan.

by Anonymousreply 269January 7, 2022 3:02 AM

According to New York law, your children inherit half of everything. This is true even if the child is illegitimate and/or born after your death. Give Big a posthumous love child and Carrie's inheritance is cut in half. That would be fun to see.

by Anonymousreply 270January 7, 2022 3:14 AM

R270 Half of millions is still millions.

That’s like Bezos losing 99% of his wealth. He’d still be a multi-BILLIONAIRE.

by Anonymousreply 271January 7, 2022 3:27 AM

Susan Sharron knows something. She’s got dirt on Big. I just know it.

by Anonymousreply 272January 7, 2022 3:37 AM

I'm curious to see what happened to Lainie from Connecticut. Or to Tatum O'Neal's character who shoe-shamed Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 273January 7, 2022 3:40 AM

R273, put Amalita Amalfi at the top of that list!

I'm shocked that the original SATC never had her back. That actress was phenomenal!

by Anonymousreply 274January 7, 2022 3:43 AM

They’re not going to let Big have a love child now that Noth has been cancelled. They’ll want nothing to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 275January 7, 2022 3:47 AM

Amalita Amalfi is there, of course! In fact, I'd watch a whole show based on her and Lexi Featherstone's characters.

by Anonymousreply 276January 7, 2022 3:49 AM

Did the other women know Susan Sharon directly, or only through Carrie. With her big, bold character, she could have been a good semi-fourth for the gang. Not a full fourth like Samantha, that would be silly, IMO, but someone who had some history and isn't brand knew. It could have been written that they started hanging out more in the years we didn't see - hence why she was at the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 277January 7, 2022 3:53 AM

If Big had a secret kid or money problems, that would undercut the happy ending, which they clearly don't want.

by Anonymousreply 278January 7, 2022 3:55 AM

Happy endings are fine if things are ENDING. This show is supposed to go several seasons. Carrie needs interesting conflicts or the whole thing falls apart.

I agree that Susan Sharon would be a great semi-fourth.

by Anonymousreply 279January 7, 2022 3:56 AM

I keep waiting for the old magic from the old Show and nothing, nada, zilch.

The OG show was lightening in a bottle. A few sparks happened in the first, and to an even lesser extent, the second movie.

by Anonymousreply 280January 7, 2022 3:56 AM

The lightning was the chemistry between the four leads, as well as the ongoing theme of the search for love and fulfillment. They all had that by the end of the second movie.

The only way to have had a creatively successful sequel would have been to 1) bring back all four women and 2) give the women new and interesting conflicts. AJtL didn't do either.

by Anonymousreply 281January 7, 2022 3:58 AM

It doesn't seem to do anything. It's like a series in search of a story. All new AJLT... ripped from the headlines - with consent.

by Anonymousreply 282January 7, 2022 4:02 AM

R276 Random factoid - the daughter of Carole Davis, who played Amalita, is Lauren Silverman, the girlfriend of Simon Cowell.

by Anonymousreply 283January 7, 2022 4:02 AM

Miranda and Che is kind of nauseating as is Miranda masturbating while talking to her son. Keep the Indian realtor because the actress is good. I like the show and it’s much better than the follow up films. The show does miss Samantha so maybe they should recast the part with Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 284January 7, 2022 4:02 AM

No, it's not as good as SATC. I just try to take it on its own merits. Which aren't great, but it's enjoyable enough - now. I really didn't like the first two episodes, but I've liked it ever since. I'll probably never rewatch it again like SATC, but I'm glad they made it.

by Anonymousreply 285January 7, 2022 4:06 AM

That NYT article actually nails exactly why the show doesn't work: these women react to the world around them like three deer caught in the headlights. During those 15 or so years during which we didn't follow their lives, how difficult would it be for three comfortably off, educated, and worldly women to shift with the sands of the time? To be culturally attuned to the world around them without reacting to everything as if it hey had just been transported to 2022 via a time machine back from 2004? The only alternative would be to go for a shamelessly comedic effect exploiting that idea of three deer caught in the headlights and that would be basically Ab Fab, which has been done before and done well enough with no real need to revisit that premise. That scene where Carrie tries to figure out what's beeping inside the new apartment was just tragic and kind of representative of the pointlessness of this reboot.

by Anonymousreply 286January 7, 2022 4:08 AM

Carrie you bitch what are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 287January 7, 2022 4:31 AM

Christ, enough with with "recast Samantha with Sharon Stone" shit.

by Anonymousreply 288January 7, 2022 4:32 AM

Did Miranda always talk with that goofy voice? She sounds like a bumbling idiot in the scene where she is being called out by Carrie

by Anonymousreply 289January 7, 2022 4:36 AM

No one is born in the wrong body. Gender identity is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 290January 7, 2022 4:38 AM

No one is born in the wrong body. Gender identity is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 291January 7, 2022 4:41 AM

Agree R246. Once again, Carrie's friends holding her hand with every little thing. She definitely has no purpose in life...it'd be interesting to see her using whatever Big left her for a change of career, or to set up some kind of charity, never going to happen though.

by Anonymousreply 292January 7, 2022 4:45 AM

I said in another thread that Spanish telenovelas' basic theme is the poor become rich and the rich become poor. Fish out of water. Anyone would have sympathy for a woman who has unexpectedly just lost her husband, although frankly, Big was not young, had a known heart condition, and was not taking care of himself. But to empathise with a notoriously self-centred, entitled character like Carrie who is now seriously rich is a challenge.

And why is she displaying her cleavage in the daytime in everything she wears?

I'd never trust a surgeon Groff's age. A good one has 20 years of experience. He looks wet behind the ears. It would be impossible for SJP NOT to already have had massive interventions available from cosmetic medicine, and her character also. To no avail, sadly...

by Anonymousreply 293January 7, 2022 5:24 AM

I wish Mark Kermode covered TV as well as movies. I'd love to get his take on this after his scathing review of SATC2.

by Anonymousreply 294January 7, 2022 8:47 AM

I’m on another site where the hall monitors are finger-wagging at us not to call Miranda a lesbian, because Che is NOT, I repeat NOT a woman.

Sure, Jan!

by Anonymousreply 295January 7, 2022 10:46 AM

I want Che to go figure out if she’s a man or woman and never come back again.

by Anonymousreply 296January 7, 2022 10:50 AM

Che needs to go. I love Seema. She’s a great addition. I like the prof, but she seems edited in from another show. I’m not sure about Black Charlotte yet. I love the actress, but we haven’t seen her do much yet.

Anthony is soooooo much better than Stanford, a character I always loathed.

by Anonymousreply 297January 7, 2022 11:03 AM

R295 GOD DAMN stop with the anti-trans bullshit on every MOTHER FUCKING thread. Talk about obsessed!

Trans have ALWAYS been around. They just were in the shadows because they were exceptionally marginalized. But they’ve always been around. I DO agree the attention paid to them is way over represented for their very small % of the population. Still, STFU about it.

by Anonymousreply 298January 7, 2022 11:04 AM

Was she born with a vagina, uterus and ovaries? Then she is a woman. Was he born with a penis, testicles and a prostate? Then he is a man.

by Anonymousreply 299January 7, 2022 11:04 AM

But R297, the show is about Carrie. Carrie and Anthony could never have been friends. He'd have called her on her bullshit non-stop from the get-go. Stanford was Carrie's narcissistic supplier.

by Anonymousreply 300January 7, 2022 11:07 AM

R298 Che is female, stating that fact isn't being anti-trans.

by Anonymousreply 301January 7, 2022 11:34 AM

Agree R300. People tend to criticise Anthony,but I like him. He's very honest.

by Anonymousreply 302January 7, 2022 11:36 AM

Since when was the Che character "trans", r298? Whatever she is, she's crap and cringe.

by Anonymousreply 303January 7, 2022 11:38 AM

Agree re: the professor being edited in from another show. Her fertility storyline seems like an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 304January 7, 2022 11:40 AM

And it's being played out in isolation. I am not even sure what the point of the character ever was before the Chemance was created. She seems like a one off character who stayed. Actress is nice, vibe between her and the husband is nice, but they float in space.

Anthony's scenes, as someone observed, were so written for Stanford and fixed on the fly because Carrie would never put up with him just saying it as it is, they had absolutely no relationship prior (I am not sure they even shared dialogue in a shared scene) and anyway he was always Charlotte's pet gay.

The surgeon scene was plainly the episode's required by law even third parties think Carrie's so wonderful scene but their problem is Cantone steals every scene he's in. Watch for Anthony to die in a yeast machine tragedy and a new, bland gay to be introduced, probably played by Mike Doyle or Benjamin Hickey. Depends on which shade of beige they're looking for.

by Anonymousreply 305January 7, 2022 11:44 AM

We already did the fertility arc with Charlotte, who acted like an asshole while Miranda was pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 306January 7, 2022 11:48 AM

This whole season seems to be a ridiculous competition as to which woman of color (or gay man) gets that fourth seat. Snore.

by Anonymousreply 307January 7, 2022 11:52 AM

It kind of makes sense that Carrie and Anthony would bond over losing their husbands and, as much as I loathe Cantone, he’s toned it down quite a bit and isn’t as annoying.

by Anonymousreply 308January 7, 2022 11:57 AM

That queen in R81's post is interesting. I wonder if he's the source for other stories about KC and SJP not getting along. He tries to tie it up in a "they were all nice and very professional" bow, but it sounds like the conflict was there for all to see. It may be that he didn't want to see what a jerk Noth was and the women on the set talked among themselves rather than tell the gossipy, stork-like gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 309January 7, 2022 12:22 PM

My impression of the back story is you had two big egos (on actors, who'd have thought it?!?!) and one had more power from the beginning and the other gained leverage as time went on and they got locked in some kind of irreconcilable cold to hot war, depending on the point in time.

by Anonymousreply 310January 7, 2022 12:27 PM

Since there's such a time jump, I just assume, for the sake of plausibility, that some of the current aspects of the show evolved during the years away. Like Carrie and Anthony were never close. But, I'll just assume for the sake of plausibility that Carrie spent a lot of time with Anthony when he was married to Stanford and thus knows him a lot better than she used to during the original show and has an independent relationship with him.

by Anonymousreply 311January 7, 2022 12:29 PM

The prof is from a more interesting show where Miranda and Steve divorced and she made friends in Brooklyn or academia who didn’t spend all day shopping at Oscar de la Renta. And Seema is from a more interesting show where Carrie never married Big and learned to be comfortable as an older single woman living it up in Manhattan. Charlotte and Harry are doing fine because their relationship was always more believable than the rest of the show. Che (who is non-binary, not trans) would better fit as a client of Samantha’s PR firm.

by Anonymousreply 312January 7, 2022 12:33 PM

[quote] I wish Mark Kermode covered TV as well as movies. I'd love to get his take on this after his scathing review of SATC2.

Meh. That’s shooting fish in a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 313January 7, 2022 1:13 PM

I hope Miranda shaved her minge before her encounter with Che

by Anonymousreply 314January 7, 2022 1:17 PM

Last night, I dreamed I went to Miranderly again...

by Anonymousreply 315January 7, 2022 1:31 PM

Marry me, R315!

by Anonymousreply 316January 7, 2022 1:56 PM

so did Carrie NOT sell her brownstone? She was always planning on keeping it?

by Anonymousreply 317January 7, 2022 2:02 PM

I don’t think Carrie would be able to maintain a friendship with her real estate agent, she’s too demanding and flighty as a client.

by Anonymousreply 318January 7, 2022 2:04 PM

So does Seema get double commission in like a week? She's probably thinking, "stay flighty, Carrie."

by Anonymousreply 319January 7, 2022 2:09 PM

I thought Cynthia Nixon did a very amateurish job of directing that episode.

I kept being made aware that they were using green-screen (badly) in Carrie's new condo and the park.

That is on her.

by Anonymousreply 320January 7, 2022 3:02 PM

Bet it was a covid thing that prevented preferred shooting.

by Anonymousreply 321January 7, 2022 3:04 PM

Was that apartment a set or a location? It looked unreal but it was definitely #apartmentsowhite.

I couldn't imagine Carrie wanting to gaze upon Brooklyn or New Jersey anyway.

Did they ever resolve the source of the beep?

by Anonymousreply 322January 7, 2022 3:06 PM

I’ll have to go back and look, r320. I didn’t notice anything but I was watching on my iPad, not the big tv.

by Anonymousreply 323January 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Miranda's been racist. Alcoholic. Cheater. Lesbian. Bad parent.

I assume soon she runs into this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Agreed R320 It was really distracting.

by Anonymousreply 325January 7, 2022 3:10 PM

‘And Just Like That’s’ Che Diaz Is the Worst Character on TV

While critics and fans are divided over HBO Max’s splashy “Sex and the City” sequel series, they’re united around one thing: Che Diaz is the absolute worst.

My therapist said that Che Diaz can’t hurt me.

Still, I couldn’t help but wonder, how long will it take for these scars, this trauma inflicted by the indisputable worst character on television, to heal?

I am an And Just Like That… apologist. Yes, there are moments of HBO Max’s Sex and the City sequel series that are absolutely mortifying to watch, but I find there to be some verisimilitude to that. There’s no way these characters would adapt to a new generation and era of social mores without teetering in their stilettos trying to navigate things.

Is that different from the aspirational and sexy vibes of the original SATC? Of course. But in a great piece for Vox this week, writer Alex Abad-Santos underscored how that might be the point. The series “finds the demented comedy in life’s humiliations,” he writes. The reboot “isn’t just about being fabulous. It’s about reckoning with your obsolescence.”

Be that as it may, the series is nothing if not polarizing. For everyone delighting in the indefatigable charms of Sarah Jessica Parker each week, there are those who seem to be personally offended by the series’ lapse in quality. (I think it’s gotten better and better each week. On the other hand, The New Yorker’s Emily Nussbaum, who is an authority on the legacy of the original series, tweeted, “Ok, I gave this SATC sequel 5.5 eps. I’m out. It’s not fun-bad, it’s just bad.”

Yet in these divisive times—in all things related to Carrie Bradshaw or otherwise—there is comfort in knowing that there is one thing that seems to have united us all: a passionate hatred for the Che Diaz character on And Just Like That…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 7, 2022 3:14 PM

There is no exaggerating how insufferable this character is. To call them unwatchable is not hyperbole. “Cringing” is not a strong enough verb to describe what the body reflexively does when they are on screen, like a physical defense mechanism. It’s more like an elaborate tuck and roll off the couch followed by an army crawl to hide under the bed before letting out a high-pitched scream of “No!” like the one I learned to do from Oprah during an episode of her talk show on how to protect yourself from being abducted.

Che, played by Grey’s Anatomy alum Sara Ramirez, is one of the new characters added to the series in a woke panic, meant to address the original run’s cardinal sin of unforgivable whiteness—a lack of diversity that would of course need to be rectified in any sort of reboot or revival. Several of these characters are truly captivating; I’m loving the friendship being formed between Carrie and Sarita Choudhury’s Seema Patel, a dynamic that is starting to fill the void of the Carrie-Samantha friendship, if not necessarily the unapologetic raunchiness.

Every moment Che Diaz is on screen, however, is absolutely mortifying.

They are Carrie’s gender nonbinary, pansexual boss, who hired her to cohost a podcast about gender and sexuality. It’s actually a shrewd creative decision to introduce a character that forces these privileged, multimillionaire white boomers to fumble their way into a progressive mindset.

It’s nice to see how casual, yet serious Carrie is about taking Che’s identity at face value and getting used to using different pronouns. That Che would provide a mirror through which Charlotte starts to understand her own daughter is kind of beautiful. That they would be the catalyst for Miranda’s sexual awakening was telegraphed a mile away. The storyline is good, though the Che stuff itself is nearly impossible to watch.

How unfortunate that a character like this is so heinous. No one wants to single out the only new LGBTQ+ character on a series as the worst. Yet Che Diaz leaves us no choice.

There should be conversation about gender, sex, and queerness in a modern Sex and the City telling. And it should be jarring. It should be destabilizing for these women. It should also make sense, and be delivered in a way that remotely resembles how an actual human talks or behaves.

Whether it’s the content of their podcast or everything that is said in what have become the four most harrowing words in the last 12 months of television—“Che Diaz’s comedy concert”—whatever wokeness, enlightenment, or edginess that is supposed to be happening lands with all the grace of me tripping over my laptop charger cord while getting up to get another glass of wine on a Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 327January 7, 2022 3:14 PM

It’s not provocative, and certainly not intelligent. In fact, it comes off as if a smarmy far-right pundit or creator was satirizing or parodying those conversations and the left’s wokeness addiction. That’s how broad and obtuse it is.

The interactions between Che and Cynthia Nixon’s Miranda are hard to watch. That’s not because of any discomfort with the queer attraction being explored. It’s because Che is unhinged. The shotgunning of weed off a vape pen. The fingerbanging in Carrie’s kitchen while Carrie pees her bed. The instruction to Miranda to “DM me” if she wants to hang out again. It’s hard to put into words the vibe, other than to say the vibe is unsettling. Every time someone calls Miranda “Rambo,” an angel loses their wings.

Blessedly, Che only appears in flashback to the aforementioned kitchen fingering in this week’s episode, but their presence looms large as the catalyst for a serious discussion between Miranda, Charlotte and Carrie about what Miranda is doing and how this affair could explode her life. It’s beautifully acted. It’s the best scene of the episode. It’s all we could ask for, after weathering these last six weeks of And Just Like That…: talking about Che, but not having to hear from Che.

If, like me, you have the great misfortune of being unable to remove your eyeballs from your Twitter timeline—it’s a disease—then you’ve seen that I am not alone in my thoughts about Che Diaz.

For the past few weeks, even on days when a new episode of And Just Like That… hasn’t dropped, there’s been a non-stop barrage of posts dragging the character for filth, whether it’s comparing them to Omicron or illustrating the terror one feels anytime they introduce themselves on their podcast: “Hey! It’s Che Diaz!”

by Anonymousreply 328January 7, 2022 3:15 PM

Where does Che Diaz rank in the pantheon of horrible TV characters? I’m not sure they’re as bad as Ellis Boyd from Smash or Dana Brody from Homeland. They might give April from Gilmore Girls a run for her money. They’re at least as annoying as Ani from 13 Reasons Why. Is this a Cousin Oliver/Brady Bunch series killer? It’s too early to tell. That, actually, is the disappointing thing here.

There’s something admirable in the messiness of this series—and appropriate for a group of women unmoored as life’s circumstances force them to figure out, yet again, who they are and what they want from the world, not to mention how to exist in it as it changes around them. Yet from what I can tell, the biggest talking points thus far haven’t been about that, but about Peloton, the disturbing accusations against Chris Noth, and how unbearable Che Diaz is. It would be a shame if the series doesn’t get another season because these things have overshadowed any true examination of the show.

And just like that, in spite of Che Diaz, here we are defending this series again.

by Anonymousreply 329January 7, 2022 3:15 PM

[quote] I thought Cynthia Nixon did a very amateurish job of directing that episode.

The best bit was the end. Though I will give a lot of credit to Johnny Nash and I Can See Clearly Now. My mother rang me and told me she had tears in her eyes when Carrie walked out in Big’s jacket because she did that herself after my dad died.

by Anonymousreply 330January 7, 2022 3:23 PM

Surprised The Daily Beast went there regarding Che. If they don't like her then she must be universally loathed.

by Anonymousreply 331January 7, 2022 3:44 PM

Is Samantha retired?

by Anonymousreply 332January 7, 2022 3:54 PM

I, too, am surprised that the Daily Beast is voicing how horrible the character of Che is.

While, of course, true, I would think they would be worried about a backlash for signaling out the show's nonbinary adult.

by Anonymousreply 333January 7, 2022 3:56 PM

This is a sign that the non-binary issue is not an issue anymore.

We can go back to being general issue misanthropes.

by Anonymousreply 334January 7, 2022 3:58 PM

I just think it's funny, like when old or hopelessly uncool people try to get with the times. My mother, who previously rocked her stilettoes and a beehive, bought her first pair of jeans in her 30s...bell bottoms...she did a visible 4" hem, and they ended up too short.

by Anonymousreply 335January 7, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote]My mother rang me and told me she had tears in her eyes when Carrie walked out in Big’s jacket because she did that herself after my dad died.

I thought that was a really smart choice because every widow can relate to being left with his clothes. There were some nice touches. I thought how she dragged Miranda back to the table was well written. But overall the show feels like everything and nothing to me... the cast is too big for the aimlessness of the storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 336January 7, 2022 4:20 PM

All their annoying behaviours from the original are still there only they are a lot less amusing or tolerable in mid-50s women. Carrie is still self-centred, vain, whiny and narcissistic, Charlotte is still ditsy and shrill, Miranda is still strident, Steve is still a moron. The only characters I find interesting are Seema, Gloria, Natasha, Susan Sharon, and Anthony, and I hated that Big was killed off

by Anonymousreply 337January 7, 2022 4:31 PM

I still don’t buy that Big ended up married to Carrie. He strung her along for so many years. The real ending would have been him marrying a woman a decade younger than her, from a rich family, after six months of dating.

by Anonymousreply 338January 7, 2022 4:33 PM

Can somebody past the Beast article? Paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 339January 7, 2022 4:35 PM

The Beast article is already posted. And the Beast doesn't have a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 340January 7, 2022 4:42 PM

Carrie goosed him off the fence by moving to Paris with the Russian. Her gal pals wound him up by telling him Carrie was unhappy and in need of rescuing.

by Anonymousreply 341January 7, 2022 4:42 PM

R339, it starts at R326.

by Anonymousreply 342January 7, 2022 4:43 PM

Did Dr Jonathan compliment Carrie on her perky bosom, attributable to her never taking her bra off?

by Anonymousreply 343January 7, 2022 4:45 PM

He called her fabulous and beautiful and a couple other superlatives. It was twitch inducing. I thought of here reflexively.

by Anonymousreply 344January 7, 2022 4:46 PM

She looks like an old witch. I also thought of DL at the "beautiful" comment. Actors and actresses and their vanity is too funny

by Anonymousreply 345January 7, 2022 4:51 PM

R344 Every guest star is contractually obligated to refer to Carrie as “fabulous.”

I know high-powered RE agents like Seema have listings to move, but does she get nothing about Carrie’s aesthetic?

by Anonymousreply 346January 7, 2022 4:51 PM

Speaking of bad CGI, watch the scene with Seema talking on the phone on her terrace. That plane in the background stays in pretty much the same place the entire time until it flies ALONGSIDE the building in the shot instead of way behind it. I was ROTFLMAO.

by Anonymousreply 347January 7, 2022 4:51 PM

Dr. Groff: Hey, blondie, suck my thermometer for luck.

Carrie: No. I don't know how to suck a thermometer . Let her do it. (Gestures to Charlotte)

Dr. Groff: No, you’re the hot one. - I want you. You're my lucky blonde. Suck.

Carrie: All right.

by Anonymousreply 348January 7, 2022 4:55 PM

R347 I just went back to have a look, my god I can't believe they left that in there!

by Anonymousreply 349January 7, 2022 4:58 PM

If I had a real estate agent talk me into this shit Appartement, which feels like a morgue, I would fire her right away. But real estate agents won’t ever prevent you from making a stupid decision because the are only interested in one thing: SALE.

by Anonymousreply 350January 7, 2022 5:12 PM

"I have this rich emotionally unstable, self-involved widow. If I sell her an expensive apartment she hates, within weeks she will want to resell...so I get two commissions out of it."

by Anonymousreply 351January 7, 2022 5:37 PM

When Seema is on the terrace, the proportions are off, so the wall of the terrace looks to be about a foot and a half high. Took me a while to figure out why. First I thought, someone is getting sued!

by Anonymousreply 352January 7, 2022 6:20 PM

SJP got her “Blossom” moment this week. Or is that every week?

by Anonymousreply 353January 7, 2022 6:22 PM

It's a common trope in tv and movies for the star (whether male or female) to be told how attractive and fabulous he/she is. It's called "the moment of shit" in the Industry.

by Anonymousreply 354January 7, 2022 6:25 PM

She looked great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 7, 2022 6:28 PM

You know, I may be a pollyanna, but I took that whole scene with the doctor to be a little sarcastic, as if he's telling her she's great looking, but the audience is in on the joke that she needs surgery.

by Anonymousreply 356January 7, 2022 6:31 PM

Is Groff supposed to be a gay doc? Because how many str8 ones would say 'you're fabulous'?

by Anonymousreply 357January 7, 2022 8:12 PM

An ethical doctor would tell her the real problem, that she's way underweight for her age. Face or fanny, Carrie: It's a cliche for a good reason.

by Anonymousreply 358January 7, 2022 8:13 PM

Wouldn't Anthony be pissed at his medical appointment being hijacked?

by Anonymousreply 359January 7, 2022 8:22 PM

Plastic surgeons walk a tightrope between telling their patients the truth about their flaws and humiliating them to the point that they get up and leave.

by Anonymousreply 360January 7, 2022 8:22 PM

Anthony is on cloud nine from a cute doctor turning away his business due to Anthony being good looking already.

by Anonymousreply 361January 7, 2022 8:23 PM

they say that at 50, you get the face you deserve. Anthony looks mean and nasty...and he is.

by Anonymousreply 362January 7, 2022 8:25 PM

Was Groff supposed to be coming on to Anthony? The "you're hot!" and thigh slap seemed a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 363January 7, 2022 8:47 PM

I'd take Anthony over Stanford any day.

by Anonymousreply 364January 7, 2022 8:47 PM

Che is an awful character who I don't want to see on screen, and I haven't heard one person I know say anything different, and the great thing about that is that it has nothing to do with them being nonbinary or that kind of thing, it's just that they are insufferable. I think this is right:

[quote]This is a sign that the non-binary issue is not an issue anymore. We can go back to being general issue misanthropes.

I found the most recent episode the easiest to watch so far, feeling a bit more like the older series in some ways, and as much as I detest Carrie, I even found her likable in part of this. This probably isn't a great compliment as I find the whole new series to be pretty miserable, so anything that seems even slightly enjoyable is blown out of proportion, haha.

Seema is the only one of the new characters I am interested in. Finally we see some sex in this show, which probably helped make it feel a bit more like the old series but (a) why didn't Miranda pause masturbating for 2 seconds? That seemed weird, without at least a scene of her being discovered by Brady and then her telling him "now you know what it feels like" or something, and (b), the professors husband should have got on top. I think those of us viewing this series are the type to generally be more interested in seeing him on top than her, if you get me.

by Anonymousreply 365January 7, 2022 9:48 PM

Yes, R365. Black man ass!

by Anonymousreply 366January 7, 2022 10:10 PM

The original show was the definition of Must See TV. Now, it's "there's nothing else on? Sigh. Ok, switch over to it."

by Anonymousreply 367January 7, 2022 11:04 PM

I know this is a mean thing to say but Brady is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen

by Anonymousreply 368January 8, 2022 12:44 AM

Christ this episode was bad. Every conversation: "But enough about you, my husband died!" Everyone agreeing Che is "so hot and charismatic"

If I had parents as rich as Charlotte and I still had to share a room, I'd pull a Debbie Jellinsky.

by Anonymousreply 369January 8, 2022 1:45 AM

Seriously, WTF with the two girls sharing a bedroom when their parents are loaded?

by Anonymousreply 370January 8, 2022 1:49 AM

[quote] Everyone agreeing Che is "so hot and charismatic"

Yes! Having Che be involved in Miranda’s sexual reawakening? Sure.

Being the hottest thing since Angie Dickinson? No.

by Anonymousreply 371January 8, 2022 1:55 AM

Carrie is such an infant, the season better end with her starving to death. You have HOW MUCH money and your storage unit looks like Tori Spelling's? You can't find the source of a beeping in an EMPTY apartment?

by Anonymousreply 372January 8, 2022 2:01 AM

The HORROR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 8, 2022 2:05 AM

"Have I mentioned my husband died yet in this scene?"

by Anonymousreply 374January 8, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote]And The Daily Beast doesn't have a paywall.

Yes, it does. It's infuriating when they post clickbait on Twitter and it is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 375January 8, 2022 2:10 AM

[quote]It's a common trope in tv and movies for the star (whether male or female) to be told how attractive and fabulous he/she is. It's called "the moment of shit" in the Industry.

Didn't "The Moment of Shit" originate on Cybill when the writers were required to have Mary Ann tell Cybill every episode how much more intelligent/intuitive/talented she was?

by Anonymousreply 376January 8, 2022 2:12 AM

Charlotte thinking that Che was hot--and even dreaming about her--was hilariously stupid.

There is no way, in the real world, that would ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 377January 8, 2022 2:15 AM

MIRANDA: "I'll have a dark roast, please."

CARRIE: "How can you even say that when my husband just died?"

by Anonymousreply 378January 8, 2022 2:16 AM

God, so true, r377. I get why she was trying to hang with the power lesbians in the good ole SATC days. But why does anyone think she would look at that annoying nonbinary bull dyke and think "hot"?

by Anonymousreply 379January 8, 2022 2:21 AM

My brother and I shared a bedroom that was the size of a closet. Yes, the daughters share a room but it’s huge plus they’re only a few years apart. It’s not a big deal. I’m just surprised they never bought a house but I’m guessing they bought a place in the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 380January 8, 2022 2:28 AM

They. ight be trying to raise them not to be spoiled brats (too late!!)

Plus maybe they can't find a 3BR in the building and I'm sure Charlotte LOVED LOVED LOVED the apt and never thought she'd have 2 kids so when she found the perfect "classic 6" she was set. (It should have a mai'd room but Charlotte probably wouldn't want to put one of her kids in it)>

by Anonymousreply 381January 8, 2022 2:31 AM

[quote](It should have a mai'd room but Charlotte probably wouldn't want to put one of her kids in it)

That's ours now. That's right, bitches, we're appropriating it!

by Anonymousreply 382January 8, 2022 2:35 AM

[quote]My brother and I shared a bedroom that was the size of a closet.

I'm guessing you didn't grow up in a pre-war coop on the Upper East Side.

So what is your point?

by Anonymousreply 383January 8, 2022 2:40 AM

R356. I took it exactly the same way. The Dr. was pandering to her the entire time - saying the necessary things women need to hear to push them closer to the next step of getting surgery. He points out all the flaws then sits back and says no pressure. He basically said she looked tired and needed a new head. He only said you look fabulous to get her to sit down in the chair.

by Anonymousreply 384January 8, 2022 3:14 AM

The episode had some energy and used NYC to good effect. But it seemed thrown together. Anthony is far from perfect but Carrie looked awful. A friend of mine recently died—-66 years old in great shape until near the end despite cancer and she looked much younger than Carrie who really does look awful and that was with troweled on makeup and relatively good lighting. Che ghosting Miranda was actually a nice plot twist after that embarrassing near orgasm. It’s good that they’re making Miranda confused rather than doing a quick change like that silly alcoholism plot. The Charlotte dream also was a surprise but otherwise Davis seems to be trying too hard to act. Effort always makes the end product worse.

by Anonymousreply 385January 8, 2022 3:37 AM

"There is no way, in the real world, that would ever happen. "

It's not the real world. It's fictional.

by Anonymousreply 386January 8, 2022 6:01 AM

They are making a reboot of Hocus Pocus. SJP played one of three witch sisters, along with Kathy Najimi and Bette Midler. In the first film, she looked 20 years younger than Bette and Kathy (she was), but since they haven't aged very much, now she actually looks older than them.

by Anonymousreply 387January 8, 2022 6:08 AM

In which series does this "Moment of Shit" occur?

by Anonymousreply 388January 8, 2022 6:11 AM

r388 as has been said, it's a common trope when you have a vain actor/actress with any influence. It's the "oh, you're so attractive and fabulous and great etc." moment.

by Anonymousreply 389January 8, 2022 6:17 AM

I guess Charlotte and Miranda will have a fight to the death over who gets to run off with Che because she's that irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 390January 8, 2022 6:25 AM

Remember how there was talk of Samantha fucking Brady is Kim Cattral came back. Maybe Che should fuck Rose/Rock. "She doesn't identify as a girl or 13."

by Anonymousreply 391January 8, 2022 6:47 AM

That would be gross R391, but it does highlight the absurdity of self I.D.

by Anonymousreply 392January 8, 2022 6:59 AM

SJP and Cynthia really look like hags. It's depressing. They need a new show with Seema, Lisa and Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 393January 8, 2022 8:09 AM

Charlotte was so thrilled she got a 'Classic 6' in Manhattan but they're always just 2 bedroom.

Doesn't the husband have money? Why didn't they buy a 3 bedroom after they had the 2nd kid?

If you can't have three bedrooms, a dining room, a terrace AND a den in Manhattan, then why even bother?

by Anonymousreply 394January 8, 2022 8:17 AM

Ya, they should have upgraded to a Classic 7.

by Anonymousreply 395January 8, 2022 8:40 AM

I am surprised how many people like Anthony. I find his character utterly annoying. I like Mario Cantone as a standup comedian but I have never really liked his character on this show. Everything, Everything they have written for him is so gay, always all the time. That can't give him two consecutive lines to say without referencing his gayness. "You're Lucky You're so Hot" referencing the guy who dropped the bed. So lame. And they need to change their idea of what a Gay male BIMBO is today. It's not some bloated muscle Mary that I last saw somewhere in the wild on 8th Ave in 2015. And that Bread Business is the absolute dumbest thing and embarrassing. I KNOW it exists for real. But the guy who came up with the real company must be a dinosaur himself. It's like a business Michael Novotny would have started on Queer as Folk in 2002. It's all so ProvinceFiretown Island silly.

by Anonymousreply 396January 8, 2022 10:08 AM

Anthony and Carrie aren't going to last. They are both abandoned, but that isn't enough for a friendship. She objected to his conversation right away and he said, "Buckle up, Princess. I'm on the rebound and I'm going to talk about it." So already he isn't respecting her boundaries. I hope they have a big fight!

by Anonymousreply 397January 8, 2022 11:21 AM

What the hell? Was there no budget for them to shoot on location at a real apartment? (we are just hate-watching now)

And is the lunch scene immediately after the apartment also CGI?

by Anonymousreply 398January 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Anthony's phone was not on when he talked to Carrie about going to the plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 399January 8, 2022 12:26 PM

Why is Kristin Davis wearing blouses that go all the way up her neck and all the way down her arms? Is she Dolly Parton?

by Anonymousreply 400January 8, 2022 12:36 PM

5 words R388-“Oh Blossom, you’re SO BEAUTIFUL!”

by Anonymousreply 401January 8, 2022 1:57 PM

Anthony's character is largely unlikeable but he did show some heart now and again. I don't remember which pre-Harry wedding episode it was but I recall him telling Charlotte she deserved better than what she got with Trey (she met Anthony when she hired him to style that wedding). He called Trey a stick up the ass preppy.

by Anonymousreply 402January 8, 2022 2:01 PM

Or, R401, when Jeff Bridges tells Barbra how beautiful she is in The Mirror Has Two Faces.

by Anonymousreply 403January 8, 2022 2:01 PM

r400

I wondered the same but in the preview for next week, she's back to plunging necklines

by Anonymousreply 404January 8, 2022 2:09 PM

Well R401, as a teen I was sometimes around boomers who legitimately found Barbra pretty and beautiful. She also scored some hot guys, so she can’t be Mayim Bialik level ugly.

by Anonymousreply 405January 8, 2022 2:10 PM

I wish there was a way to speed up the playback by 1.25 like you can with podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 406January 8, 2022 2:10 PM

NOBODY needs those Che closeups.

NOBODY.

by Anonymousreply 407January 8, 2022 2:16 PM

I like Che as a character, but I just realized what part of her annoys me. The fact that she doesn’t care at all that Miranda is married—that she’s only out for sexual gratification no matter who she hurts—is such a tired old stereotype that stigmatized gay men years ago. Remember when gay men couldn’t be school teachers or around kids? Stereotypes like Che was why.

by Anonymousreply 408January 8, 2022 2:23 PM

Jesus Christ I couldn't fast forward that fucking vibrator scene fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 409January 8, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote]Everyone agreeing Che is "so hot and charismatic”

Sex and the City never had writers who could punch above their weight. They are making the classic mistake: telling, not showing.

If they wanted a non-binary they should have cast someone intriguing... someone who plays against the type. Give Seema or LTW a buzz cut and let them be an elegant, confounding character. Ramirez looks like the cliche you expect. They should have made the audience like Che as a persyn so by the time Miranda came into the picture there was a basis for the attraction. They also spent no time establishing Miranda's unhappiness. When we saw her last she was very happy. Yes, things change, but they told us, they didn't show us.

What I'd like to know is why Miranda is attracted to that. It's almost like the high powered executive who hires a dominant to humiliate him because he needs the opposite of how he lives.

The whole thing is force feeding.

by Anonymousreply 410January 8, 2022 2:33 PM

Agreed R409. Extremely unpleasant. As were the fantasy flashbacks with the tacky white "dream sequence" background. Utterly cock AND clit wiltering stuff.

by Anonymousreply 411January 8, 2022 2:35 PM

They could have just put Shane from the The L Word in.

by Anonymousreply 412January 8, 2022 2:36 PM

I think people like Anthony this time around because he's so obnoxious he reminds you of Samantha's unapologetic directness, because he's the character who is the most honest, and because he's the character who feels most like show we used to watch.

by Anonymousreply 413January 8, 2022 2:36 PM

The "you can disagree but you can't leave" scene is the closest they've come to the spirit of the original series. It's the only scene I've actually liked this entire go around.

by Anonymousreply 414January 8, 2022 2:37 PM

I loved the park scene. It gave me hope Miranda's just going through a phase. This entire exploration so out of character but I feel like they're determined to go the whole Cynthia Nixon with it.

by Anonymousreply 415January 8, 2022 2:39 PM

Poor Cynthia Nixon always had the worst hair, and that continues with her terrible wigs. She could be attractive with better hai and teeth.

by Anonymousreply 416January 8, 2022 2:44 PM

I believe the producers of AJLT were contractually obligated to have Miranda become a late in life lesbian per Cynthia's request, to recreate her steamy real life seduction at the hands (specifically, fingers) of her now wife Rojo Caliente.

by Anonymousreply 417January 8, 2022 2:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 8, 2022 2:48 PM

What on earth is the Rojo Caliente reference? Google was no help!

by Anonymousreply 419January 8, 2022 2:49 PM

I think you are right r413. And I agree with r397 that he is going to have a fight with Carrie at some point, probably when she's played the widow card once too often.

"Yeah, well my husband is dead!"

"And mine ran away to Japan. What's your fucking point?"

by Anonymousreply 420January 8, 2022 2:49 PM

I actually don't know how Rojo Caliente came about R419, but the first time I saw it on here, alongside a rather fetching image of her, I was in fits of laughter and it's amused me ever since!

by Anonymousreply 421January 8, 2022 2:52 PM

R419 Rojas Caliente is the snarky nickname for Cynthia's real life wife: a fat bitch ginger.

I believe the name came from the formerly funny gossip blog, DListed.com

by Anonymousreply 422January 8, 2022 2:52 PM

I know they were justifying a lot of their pandering by saying we want to reflect today's New York (which I suspect was a bid to avoid criticism because their own words show some of that production team is sadly thin skinned this late in life.)

So a question, esp. for those over fifty: do you have anybody non-binary in your life? I live in a big city. I don't know anyone like that.

by Anonymousreply 423January 8, 2022 2:53 PM

^^Rojo not Rojas

by Anonymousreply 424January 8, 2022 2:53 PM

R419, google "Rojo Caliente Nixon" and thank me later.

by Anonymousreply 425January 8, 2022 2:54 PM

I believe Rojo Caliente came from Dlisted, but I don’t know the backstory.

I’m in a city and have a couple neighbors who are trans or non-binary.

by Anonymousreply 426January 8, 2022 2:54 PM

R423 im 52 in NYC. I don't know if this qualifies as non-binary but I went to my husband's office (before Omicron) and met one of his employees. She actually introduced herself as "hi my name is Sarah. My pronouns are they/them."

🙄

by Anonymousreply 427January 8, 2022 2:57 PM

Funny, r425, I misread your post at first and googled Rojo Caliente Mexico and got a guy in a Mexican hat eating chilis! Thanks, though, I get it now!

by Anonymousreply 428January 8, 2022 3:03 PM

R427 was she wearing the non binary uniform?

by Anonymousreply 429January 8, 2022 3:15 PM

[quote]when Jeff Bridges tells Barbra how beautiful she is in The Mirror Has Two Faces.

when Nick Nolte tells Barbra how beautiful she is in The Prince of Tides.

by Anonymousreply 430January 8, 2022 3:21 PM

I think "The moment of shit" reference comes from Alan Ball's interview with the Television Academy.

He said it was a nightmare to work with Cybill Sheperd, who always demanded to be the most liked character after her costar won the Emmy.

He said in every episode they would have to have another character (preferably the one who won the Emmy) compliment Cybill about how much better she was at something.

by Anonymousreply 431January 8, 2022 3:24 PM

Thanks for the context R431, I hadn't heard about that.

by Anonymousreply 432January 8, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote] What the hell? Was there no budget for them to shoot on location at a real apartment? (we are just hate-watching now)

Cynthia refused to enter a phallic skyscraper.

by Anonymousreply 433January 8, 2022 4:15 PM

r396 I agree. The writers seem to be stuck in the 90s when it comes to depictions of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 434January 8, 2022 4:23 PM

"Sex and the City never had writers who could punch above their weight. They are making the classic mistake: telling, not showing."

I've posited that part of the reason why shows "tell, not show" now is social media. People are used to straight up "telling" - as they do all day everyday on their social media posts. This may really apply to AJLT since it's geared towards an older audience, but whenever I watch "younger" shows and think it's bad because "this is really not developing the point, but driving it home sledgehammer style" with straight up speeches by the characters, I think maybe this is how younger people expect their entertainment to be - it's what they're used to so it just seems normal.

by Anonymousreply 435January 8, 2022 4:25 PM

Rojo Caliente was the name that the gossip blog DListed gave to Christine Marinoni, the hot AF redheaded temptress who has been pounding Cynthia Nixon's pussy for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 8, 2022 4:31 PM

on the AJLT podcast, MPK explained that the view from her new apartment was CGIed because they couldn't fins any apartment like that in NYC

by Anonymousreply 437January 8, 2022 4:38 PM

I'd like a spinoff show with all the added new diversity characters, and with the old gals from the original SATC as randomly appearing side characters. That might be an intriguing idea.

The Sex Lives of College Girls series on HBO is a much more entertaining and updated version of what SATC was in the 90s. I binged the entire season in one weekend, enjoyed it completely, and I'm an Elder who also enjoyed original SATC.

by Anonymousreply 438January 8, 2022 5:05 PM

Yeah, I liked Sex Lives of College Girls. Not appointment TV, but good enough to binge. I probably won't ever rewatch it, but I'd tune in for a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 439January 8, 2022 5:08 PM

Agreed, Sex Lives of College Girls had rich, diverse characters (even one in a wheelchair) that felt totally organic and cohesive. I watched it because my niece watched it; found it fun.

by Anonymousreply 440January 8, 2022 5:12 PM

^Damn the girl in the wheelchair is actress Lauren ‘Lolo’ Spencer, who has ALS. Double damn, she’s only 19.

by Anonymousreply 441January 8, 2022 5:17 PM

I think it was fairly easy to do "organic" diversity on Sex Lives because its setting is modern liberal arts college - which would be all about admitting students who are diverse in that way. I'm not saying that to take away from how the show pulls it off, but to compare it to something like AJLT where the writers have to figure out a way to shoehorn in diverse characters in a setting where the white characters wouldn't necessarily have to come into contact with diverse characters.

by Anonymousreply 442January 8, 2022 5:20 PM

Did they ever find out where the beep was coming from?

by Anonymousreply 443January 8, 2022 5:20 PM

"^Damn the girl in the wheelchair is actress Lauren ‘Lolo’ Spencer, who has ALS. Double damn, she’s only 19."

I liked her a lot. As a black, disabled character, you could think they were just ticking off boxes. But it never felt that way; never felt overdone. She was a side character and used sparingly and always made an impact - often funny.

Sorry for getting sidetracked on Sex Lives; I know there's an separate thread for it.

by Anonymousreply 444January 8, 2022 5:23 PM

"Did they ever find out where the beep was coming from?"

I don't think so. And just like that, Carrie sold the place.

by Anonymousreply 445January 8, 2022 5:24 PM

R445, going to find that thread now. Yes, the character is great and natural, the actress is terrific.

by Anonymousreply 446January 8, 2022 5:27 PM

He must be a DLer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447January 8, 2022 6:42 PM

R431 is right. That interview used examples a bit more specific than just telling the main character they were gorgeous all the time. It referred to that moment that is, or used to be, in pretty much every US sitcom back in the day. It was the "I'm sorry I've been so bratty lately, I guess I'm just jealous of you." moment.

by Anonymousreply 448January 8, 2022 8:45 PM

[quote]It gave me hope Miranda's just going through a phase.

Why? Why does it have to be a phase for her, R415? She said she's been unhappy for a while. You type like an unempathetic frau.

You need to expand your extremely limited worldview R415.

by Anonymousreply 449January 8, 2022 9:26 PM

They're just shoehorning in Anthony to replace Stanford.

They handled that badly. They should have had Stanford be separated from Anthony and living in LA for work...they could have filmed him doing 3 or 4 phone chats with Carrie and had him present for Big's funeral then properly killed him off at the start of the next season.

by Anonymousreply 450January 8, 2022 9:30 PM

R442 really??? manhattan/NYC is the most diverse city in the world, I don't buy it's easier to do "organic" diversity in an east coast small liberal arts college, how you been to you it's whiter than that downtown loft.

by Anonymousreply 451January 8, 2022 9:31 PM

The show could have simply begun with all of the women already having friends of color. It's been 14 years since the film: The characters could have made many new friendships since then.

by Anonymousreply 452January 8, 2022 9:33 PM

The production on this show has always felt kinda haphazard and like the people behind it can't think ahead and develop storylines properly. It's very strange. Maybe Michael Patrick King has ADHD? The fact they didn't film a final scene for Willie Garson first up is just one of the strange choices they made.

by Anonymousreply 453January 8, 2022 9:35 PM

I get the storyline with aging Carrie accepting her looks. But for us, the audience, to still buy that she's "beautiful" is just offensive now. I mean, this was a stretch back in satc.

by Anonymousreply 454January 8, 2022 9:35 PM

It is definitely diverse r451, but is it really as fully integrated as it likes to pretend? That's the thing. At a small liberal arts college, people might have to interact a lot more, including in dorm rooms, than New Yorkers really have to interact with each other. They might see a million different types of people every day, may even work with a lot, but do they all have the slightest desire to be friends with them?

by Anonymousreply 455January 8, 2022 9:37 PM

R455 that's precisely my point: integration, or lack thereof, was the ladies' deliberate decision. There had been socialites, movie stars, politicians, etc., of every race and background in NYC the past 20+ years. Their "deliberate" decision to not branch out until now is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 456January 8, 2022 9:41 PM

R453, given that the showrunner did not know Garson was terminal, it would have been odd to film a goodbye.

As soon as they knew he was sick they did write a goodbye but could not finish filming it before Garson passed away.

I am kind of liking the idea though, of filming a goodbye scene with every member of the cast, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 457January 8, 2022 9:44 PM

I dare you to suggest that to SJP, r457.

by Anonymousreply 458January 8, 2022 9:46 PM

R449 (and thereafter) was heavily triggered.

by Anonymousreply 459January 8, 2022 9:49 PM

Imagine being the person saying to Willie Garson: “You’re going to be dead soon, so let’s film a goodbye scene with you as soon as possible.”

by Anonymousreply 460January 8, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]given that the showrunner did not know Garson was terminal, it would have been odd to film a goodbye.

[quote]Imagine being the person saying to Willie Garson: “You’re going to be dead soon, so let’s film a goodbye scene with you as soon as possible.”

They were planning to write him out though, so why not plan it properly? He had pancreatic cancer too, and everyone knows how aggressive that is. What they ended up doing with his character wasn't at all respectful to the actor's time on the show anyway, it just seems like a mess.

by Anonymousreply 461January 8, 2022 9:55 PM

I still think Miranda, and her professor should become a couple. They could have wrote it that after leaving Steve, and being ghosted by Che, she meets up with the professor, who confesses she divorced her husband over not wanting children. Then they can fall in love, and slam clams happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 462January 8, 2022 9:55 PM

If the season is to be about grief and loss, why not go whole hog? Kill Big, kill Stanford. Different stories, different perspectives.

by Anonymousreply 463January 8, 2022 10:00 PM

R461, they did not plan to write Garson out at all. I think he had health issues in the past, but there was no reason to think that he would not finish the season.

When they found out he was sick they did a quick revision writing him out and adding a goodbye scene. He began filming that scene, but could not finish it.

by Anonymousreply 464January 8, 2022 10:11 PM

Why doesn't Carrie just buy the apartments in her Co-op and turn it into a great townhouse?

by Anonymousreply 465January 8, 2022 10:16 PM

I can't believe the owners of the location let them shoot inside. I thought their goal in life was to make the cupcake tourists stay away from the place.

Assume it was $$$$.

by Anonymousreply 466January 8, 2022 10:20 PM

R465 exactly! Or at least renovate that dreadful kitchen. Aiden was onto something buying out the next door apartment and knocking out the wall....literally watching paint dry would contribute more culturally than any writing this show ever could.

by Anonymousreply 467January 8, 2022 10:20 PM

SJP looked the best she’s looked when she was shopping with Seema. She actually just looked like a slightly older Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 468January 8, 2022 10:30 PM

well shit, r463, not sure anyone meant to kill Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 469January 8, 2022 10:32 PM

SJP did not deserve 4 Golden Globes for SATC. Kim did.

by Anonymousreply 470January 8, 2022 10:45 PM

R459 needs to learn the meaning of word "triggered" because the frau clearly doesn't know what it means.

by Anonymousreply 471January 8, 2022 10:47 PM

r467

I thought she did buy that apartment and that was part of the money she needed to buy Aiden out

by Anonymousreply 472January 8, 2022 10:50 PM

Speaking as a black person here, and taking Wendy William's particular opinion here as well - WE don't NEED to see ourselves in everything. All of my entertainment doesn't have to have a black character in it, especially if it feels forced. I can watch and thoroughly enjoy a program with an all white cast IF it tells a good human story. We aren't throwing tomatoes at the TV if there aren't black characters.

And on that note, why does Black Charlotte have to wear a 30lbs necklace in every scene? Poor Nicole Ari Parker's neck. Are we suppose to believe her character has found some super cool black owned boutique on 125th that Whitey isn't hip to yet? I know a woman just like her and this woman is Van Cleef and Arpel-ed all day everyday just like the rest of the Wasps.

And the black college professor routinely is in about $1700 outfits.

That is probably one of my biggest complaints about the show. The STYLING is very lazy. Every one basically dresses like Carrie IF Carrie were that woman. They are all hyper-styled and really do not reflect anything close to what their characters would be wearing. Yes these women have money but Charlotte is in a different $5000 outfit every scene and it's all Gucci. Again, very lazy. Crazy fashion label conscious dressing should be Carrie's signature and Carrie's alone.

by Anonymousreply 473January 8, 2022 10:56 PM

R472 Aidan bought both her apartment and the one next door. He sold her back just the one she lived in. We don't know who he sold the adjoining one to. I joked earlier he should have sold it to a bunch of gangsters

by Anonymousreply 474January 8, 2022 11:08 PM

I don't blame CHE for affair with Miranda. I do not see her as a predatory gay. I have been in situations like that before when you clearly see someone for who they are and they are trapped or blind to it and need to be awakened. You can't sit them down and explain to them who they are, because they are blind to it and would probably run deeper into themselves. They have to experience it. And you are giving them something their partner can't give them. She's getting Miranda to wake up to her true self.

Who I do blame is Miranda. If Miranda is the mature adult we are lead to believe she is, and if she is that unhappy in her life, she should be mature enough to address those issues without crossing boundaries, without burning her house down and breaking the hearts of everyone who loves her. It's very selfish on her part just because she feels a stirring in her loins for the first time for something different to keep pursuing this unhealthy relationship. She is the married woman, not CHE.

by Anonymousreply 475January 8, 2022 11:17 PM

Can Che be saved? She is such an annoying twat (or whatever) right now. Is there hope for them? I don't know, but I know the writers had better figure out some damn thing and soon, because right now, a nation hates her, sorry THEM or what fucking ever.

by Anonymousreply 476January 8, 2022 11:20 PM

The fact that Che smokes everywhere she goes is never addressed. She just lights up indoors wherever and whenever and everybody is just totally fine with it. I mean, really. In the year 2022 nobody is having an apoplectic seizure over this?

by Anonymousreply 477January 8, 2022 11:22 PM

Che is hopeless. She's heavy cargo to be jettisoned. If she's not, she's flotsam.

But unnecessary in all events.

by Anonymousreply 478January 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Che is a good secondary character, like Anthony or Stanford... More than Susan Sharon less than fingering one of the principals...

by Anonymousreply 479January 8, 2022 11:28 PM

I find it a little distasteful/dark that they’re portraying Stanford as having run off on his husband when the actor is tragically dead.

by Anonymousreply 480January 8, 2022 11:29 PM

Che would be fine if she weren’t a walking, talking stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 481January 8, 2022 11:31 PM

r477

that really annoys me for some reason. She doesn't give a fuck about others

by Anonymousreply 482January 8, 2022 11:33 PM

I don't care if it's pot or tobacco, anybody who lit up in my fucking kitchen would be told what an inconsiderate cunt they were and I'd snatch the damn thing right out of their hand.

by Anonymousreply 483January 8, 2022 11:34 PM

"Che would be fine if she weren’t a walking, talking stereotype. "

That's Che's sole purpose for existence.

She's a human teachable moment.

by Anonymousreply 484January 8, 2022 11:35 PM

CHE: "I'm non-binary."

ANTHONY: "No, you're a diesel dyke, darling."

by Anonymousreply 485January 8, 2022 11:38 PM

oh, god, exactly r484. That is the fucking problem. The all wise, all perfect nonbinary. Oh fuck that goddamn noise, does that shit ever work in any context whatsoever. goddamn, you would think Hollywood would get that after 100 years, that shit NEVER works. the all wise cunt never, ever works, ever. Not white, not black, not gay, not nonbinary, not male, not female, not fucking ever. That should be the first thing every Hollywood writer learns ever. Don't do that shit!

by Anonymousreply 486January 8, 2022 11:38 PM

One of the many awful parts for me was after Che's "Comedy Concert", when Miranda was going to that lame party. Outside before she was going in there were a gaggle of "queer/trans/whatever" skipping around yelling "I love my life!!!"

by Anonymousreply 487January 8, 2022 11:48 PM

That "comedy concert" was ridiculous. Che talking about coming out to her parents, but they would rather watch the game was some lame shit you would've heard from some hack stand-up in the 90s. It was decades out of date.

by Anonymousreply 488January 9, 2022 12:33 AM

BTW, who comes out to their parents in their mid-40s? Che is written like she's some young thing in her 20s.

by Anonymousreply 489January 9, 2022 12:33 AM

Che: “I’m going to finger bang some old white woman’s pussy and turn her lesbian’ish as she drenches my digits with her lady jizz”.

Dad: “We love our non-binary child but we can’t see the Vikings. Get away from the TV!”

by Anonymousreply 490January 9, 2022 12:36 AM

CHE: "I can't decide if I'm a man or a woman!"

MIRROR: "Let me handle this . . . "

by Anonymousreply 491January 9, 2022 12:42 AM

CHE: "I'm non-binary."

CARRIE: "But you look like a bull dagger!"

by Anonymousreply 492January 9, 2022 12:50 AM

She douches with Lysol!

by Anonymousreply 493January 9, 2022 1:25 AM

[quote]that really annoys me for some reason. She doesn't give a fuck about others

And it's portrayed almost in this way like "That's Che! You gotta love her!" but I remember in the original series Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte actually sat Carrie down and told her how much they hated her smoking around them.

I agree with the poster who mentioned Shane from The L Word. Honestly, my straight female friends still get all hot under the collar about her. I think that type would've been much better for this role.

by Anonymousreply 494January 9, 2022 2:21 AM

Miranda acting as if she had never met a black person a day in her life was the most egregious.

Many white writers act as if black people are aliens. Just write a good story!

by Anonymousreply 495January 9, 2022 4:01 AM

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! I have a large screen TV and when the first Sara Ramirez sex fantasy came on in episode 7, I literally turned away and went "UGGHHHHH!" The closeups of her face and attempt at being sultry gave me shivers. It was like she was in my living room, on top of me, trying to seduce me.

by Anonymousreply 496January 9, 2022 5:23 AM

I think writing should reflect reality and not some ideal world. I can enjoy a series or movie with all black characters without being hurt or annoyed that I am not represented. What I do object to is when token characters like me are too often patronisingly portrayed as villains or buffoons or morons who need rescuing or re-educating.

As to Miranda and Che...being unhappy tethered to a dull, stupid man like Steve for decades does not mean you are are mistaken in your lifelong sexual preferences. It means you need to get out and find a new partner if you want one.

by Anonymousreply 497January 9, 2022 5:25 AM

I meant episode 6

by Anonymousreply 498January 9, 2022 5:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 9, 2022 6:45 AM

R473 Amen to everything you just said.

We DON'T need representation in EVERY fucking play, TV show, film, book, commercial and it doesn't matter what cultural/ethnic group you come from. Sometimes it doesn't make SENSE to have queer, black, Jewish, cross dressing, parapalegic characters showing up in small town rural America or 18th century Bath, England. For that matter, what the fuck was Martin Freeman doing in Black Panther?!?!? He wasn't needed OR wanted!

And, you're so dead on about the shitty costuming on this show. Pat Field was brilliant at costuming them on SATC but this new person is AWFUL. EVERY damn character is over dressed and accessorized.

by Anonymousreply 500January 9, 2022 8:26 AM

My god, Lisa's clothes. She looks like a circus clown. If she wants to advertise her wealth, a simple Cartier watch is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 501January 9, 2022 11:52 AM

R482 This. She's a free spirit living her best non binary life etc. To say that her smoking indoors is wrong would be a bigoted microaggression or something.

by Anonymousreply 502January 9, 2022 12:12 PM

R500 thst is what’s so brilliant to me about HBO’s other long running series Curb Your Enthusiasm. They make fun of this exact thing. When Larry pitches his show at both Netflix and Hulu, the team is always one non-bianary person, one POC queen and then some latina in a wheelchair or something. BUT the main exec is always a white dude running the entire thing. It’s obvious the other people are just tokens, place fillers. It’s representative of television and real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503January 9, 2022 12:29 PM

The Hulu Gang on Curb

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 9, 2022 12:33 PM

Imagine we would have had the opportunity to see “And Just Like That” in 2000. Talk about a dystopian future…..

by Anonymousreply 505January 9, 2022 12:36 PM

There were some great moments in SatC. One of my favourites was La Douleur Exquise where Carrie admits she is addicted to the pain of her r'ship with Big. (Except SJP hilariously and pathetically mispronounced it as ex-squeeze). Many people could relate to this theme.

AJLT is not conveying any universally shared experiences. Carrie is not anyone's idea of Everywoman. God knows no one would want to be Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 506January 9, 2022 1:01 PM

R506 well one of the issues with the reboot is that they have positioned these women in such way that none of them need to work. Carrie is set and can survive off of her little podcast earning, Miranda is living off of what supposedly is a huge savings and Charlotte is a stay at home mom. It's hard to relate to people who don't have to work and just navel gaze their way through life.

by Anonymousreply 507January 9, 2022 1:12 PM

R507 OT, but what is this “off of” thing? Is it the new “on”?

by Anonymousreply 508January 9, 2022 1:27 PM

[quote]To say that her smoking indoors is wrong would be a bigoted microaggression or something.

Someone needs to tell CHE that she's fellating a nicotine penis, that'll fix her little red wagon, R502.

by Anonymousreply 509January 9, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote]I remember in the original series Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte actually sat Carrie down and told her how much they hated her smoking around them.

That's another thing I don't get about the reboot - the smoking. Nobody intelligent smokes anymore in real life. You're largely shunned and looked upon like you're nuts. I don't get why they've made that choice for Seema and Carrie.

I disagree Field was genius. She invented Carrie the Clown. Now she may have been genius at following orders but I've asked a couple times if there are actually women marauding around Manhattan dressed like Carrie in any iteration and if there are any there aren't many and they all get WTF? looks. Dressing characters should have a point - to reflect who they are. What are they reflecting about Carrie: Idiot? She's not a free spirit. She has too many hang ups to be indifferent to dressing like - who said it - something like a thift shop exploded.

by Anonymousreply 510January 9, 2022 1:31 PM

[quote]r'ship

You make our eyes bleed, R506.

Leave. Just fucking leave.

[quote](Except SJP hilariously and pathetically mispronounced it as ex-squeeze).

And it's quite clear you'll NEVER see the irony in this sentence, you dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 511January 9, 2022 1:32 PM

There are women who dress as…surprisingly…as Original Carrie in Manhattan, but they tend to be much more artistic or intellectual, or at least posing as such. Rachel Rabbit White is what I think a “real” Carrie would be like if the original series rebooted in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 512January 9, 2022 1:40 PM

I agree R507. The women are too wealthy and it isn’t relatable. I am not their age yet anyway but people who I work with are and they could humorously tackle some of the issues that they have (weight gain, peeing every time you sneeze, being single and the rejection, menopause, crazy mood swings, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 513January 9, 2022 2:05 PM

Fuck off, R511. You attack or belittle people in every thread you are on. Get your own forum if you want to police others' posts.

by Anonymousreply 514January 9, 2022 2:23 PM

Stop giving us ammunition and we'll leave you alone, R514. If you're going to post on a forum like this post intelligently. Did you see Khloe or Zayn use r'ship once and you thought it was KEWL?

by Anonymousreply 515January 9, 2022 2:27 PM

Who is this 'we' of whom you speak, R515? Trolldar shows you don't get much support in your vitriol and admonishments.

You are welcome to block me or ignore me.

by Anonymousreply 516January 9, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote]You are welcome to block me or ignore me.

Likewise, dipshit.

Done.

by Anonymousreply 517January 9, 2022 2:39 PM

Damn, r11, did you actually post that Betty White deserved to die? That's not how to win friends and influence people.

by Anonymousreply 518January 9, 2022 2:44 PM

Ugh I meant r511 at r518.

by Anonymousreply 519January 9, 2022 2:45 PM

Where are you getting that from R519?

by Anonymousreply 520January 9, 2022 2:49 PM

The arranged marriage subplot with Seema rightly being criticised as lazy and stereotypical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 9, 2022 2:57 PM

So, are we to believe that Carrie is a famous, oft-published author and very rich woman, but the best she can do is play third-fiddle on a lame podcast hosted by a third-rate, unfunny comic about something she has no interest in?

She couldn't even star in her own podcast?

by Anonymousreply 522January 9, 2022 4:07 PM

Yes R522. The plot needs it to happen. I cringe whenever Carrie refers to Che as her boss.

by Anonymousreply 523January 9, 2022 4:14 PM

I’m the boss of your career and your good friend pussy

by Anonymousreply 524January 9, 2022 5:37 PM

How could the writers skip over Carrie confronting Che about his/her/them/whatever terrible behavior in Carrie's kitchen?

I'd be livid, whether that was my boss or not.

by Anonymousreply 525January 9, 2022 6:05 PM

"I’m glad HBO leaned into the queer sex, that Miranda came hard with Che and the camera didn’t politely pan away."

How much did that article cost Cynthia Nixon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 9, 2022 6:23 PM

R437 I was wondering about that because I thought there was some weird visual effect between the characters and the background, and the "sunlight" didn't seem natural.

by Anonymousreply 527January 9, 2022 6:43 PM

If they couldn't find that apartment in NYC, maybe it wasn't a good idea to make a fake one on a soundstage. NYC was telling you something, Michael Patrick King.

by Anonymousreply 528January 9, 2022 6:57 PM

If non-binary was such a big thing in NYC, then "The Phluid Project" near NYU never would've closed down after about a year and half. I would walk by this store and wonder, "What's the point of this?"

I eventually went in and all the clothing was essentially sportswear, t-shirts, and jeans, with affirmative slogans on them. These things simultaneously emanate pretentiousness and low-self esteem.

And it's priced at a premium!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 9, 2022 6:57 PM

R526, someone needs to ask the Vogue editors why they didn't use a current pic of SJP if the new show is so FABULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 530January 9, 2022 7:18 PM

R529 I had a look at that website, they sell t-shirts with gender is a social construct written on them....so they're admitting that gender identity is a load of bullshit? Am I reading that right?

by Anonymousreply 531January 9, 2022 8:06 PM

Best line from Vogue: "There have been piercingly sad moments—finding Big’s records, smelling his suits—but the overall tone is post-grief rather than actively grieving. The show I love keeps missing emotional beats but I’m still listening to the melody. "

BECAUSE THEY ARE MEDIOCRE WRITERS WHO CAN'T FOCUS

by Anonymousreply 532January 9, 2022 8:15 PM

R531 Yes. There is an increasing part of me that sees this as a big marketing angle to prey on weak minded people who want an "identity" but don't really think through what the wording implies. This "identity" really doesn't stand for ANYTHING!

By admission it is pure artifice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 9, 2022 8:22 PM

I started to watch the original SATC again & I'm half way through the first movie. I never realized how often Carrie said "And just like that" throughout both. Now I get the title of the new show.

by Anonymousreply 534January 9, 2022 8:23 PM

Gender identity square dancing is just a solution for plain people who can't afford stylists or cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 535January 9, 2022 8:23 PM

I started watching the original SATC last week. I didn't remember most of season 1 or 2. It's no wonder KC wants nothing to do with the show. In almost every episode Carrie makes some type of slut shaming comment to Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 536January 9, 2022 9:17 PM

Miranda probably made a good salary for a number of years, the house in Brooklyn should be paid off by now and guessing Steve still has the bar so it’s not so far fetched that she dropped out of the corporate world and went back to school. It’s happening more and more these days.

by Anonymousreply 537January 9, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote] I never realized how often Carrie said "And just like that" throughout both. Now I get the title of the new show.

It was between that and “Oh Sweetie!”

by Anonymousreply 538January 9, 2022 9:49 PM

Meanwhile, downtown... Carrie moved to a CGI apartment with an annoying beep for a day.

by Anonymousreply 539January 9, 2022 9:53 PM

The third iteration of the series will be called "I Couldn't Help But Wonder" as in I couldn't help but wonder- does ANYONE not hate us at this point?

by Anonymousreply 540January 9, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote] In almost every episode Carrie makes some type of slut shaming comment to Samantha.

It is so odd to rewatch and remember how many of the conversations the women had were considered SHOCKING - not just progressive but truly shocking - that are now commonplace. That doesn’t mean they weren’t happening between women in real life (although lots of women wouldn’t have been discussing this expect with maybe their closest friend, or their least judgmental friend) but seeing them on TV every week was like, wow, this stuff happens to other women? Not just me? I find the Carrie comments realistic in this context. There were a lot of women who looked like Charlotte or Miranda and were having sex like Samantha, but they would never have admitted it openly or discussed it as frankly.

by Anonymousreply 541January 9, 2022 10:02 PM

I wonder why they decided to de-age Brady? He should be about turn 20. It would have been more interesting, and more in line with Miranda’s aimlessness and life reevaluation, if she and Steve were already divorced and the kid had moved out before this show started. Empty house, empty nest, loneliness, all that.

by Anonymousreply 542January 9, 2022 10:04 PM

They just had to have that raunchy teen sex component in this dreck, so he's 17.

by Anonymousreply 543January 9, 2022 10:18 PM

R537, there is so much wrong with Miranda’s storyline that it is the least worst part, but her going back to school annoys me. She has a JD. People leave big firms to go to public service every day.

I agree R542. They could have had him gone to college, but back for some reason, still used to having his freedom and acting “adult” when he’s just being obnoxious. It would explain the sex in the house without the ickiness of them being high school kids.

by Anonymousreply 544January 9, 2022 10:21 PM

Yes, there is no reason to have made Brady 17. It would be totally believable to have a 20 year old still living at home, especially in NYC. But if they needed an excuse, use Covid. Many college students had to move back home during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 545January 9, 2022 10:24 PM

They could easily have had Miranda leave the firm to become an adjunct teaching her specialty in law school, where she would have met the Prof anyways.

by Anonymousreply 546January 9, 2022 10:29 PM

Good point, R546.

by Anonymousreply 547January 9, 2022 10:32 PM

[quote]And, you're so dead on about the shitty costuming on this show. Pat Field was brilliant at costuming them on SATC but this new person is AWFUL. EVERY damn character is over dressed and accessorized.

Nobody in NYC is dressed to the nines 24/7 like these women are. Even the richest women in NYC walk around in jeans and sweaters if they're just out walking around/running errands etc.

by Anonymousreply 548January 9, 2022 11:05 PM

I cannot even imagine somebody lighting up (whether it's a cigarette or a joint or whatever) anywhere indoors in NYC in 2022 without people going apeshit. Che smoking everywhere she goes and everybody being fine with it is absolutely ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 549January 9, 2022 11:09 PM

I’m too lazy to check but was Che vaping, or smoking regular cigarettes?

by Anonymousreply 550January 9, 2022 11:11 PM

R549 if you saw that she-beast lumbering down the street with smoke billowing out of every orifice would you say something? I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 551January 9, 2022 11:23 PM

The show thought it was breaking ground by introducing a non binary character then turned them into a cringey asshole. Good work!

by Anonymousreply 552January 9, 2022 11:59 PM

A better way to break new ground would be to introduce Che as the person she is - a gender nonconforming woman who is comfortable in her own skin. No need for they/them pronouns or cis/heteronormative/harmful gender binary/patriarchal whatever. And definitely no need for her smoking wherever she goes because she's empowered.

They could have given her some interesting storylines without framing them around an SJW representation tick list.

by Anonymousreply 553January 10, 2022 6:49 AM

They could've used 565 Broome in Soho for Carrie's apartment, instead of faking it badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554January 10, 2022 6:56 AM

Well, surely Carrie wouldn't want a one bedroom one bathroom or studio...so she'd be paying $4,300,000-5,300,000, plus condo fees and property taxes for that building. Anyone could relate to her dissatisfaction in living there.

by Anonymousreply 555January 10, 2022 7:45 AM

Just been listening to the writers room podcast and one of them refers to women in their 50's as "decaying." Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 556January 10, 2022 7:46 AM

r554

is that on the river?

by Anonymousreply 557January 10, 2022 9:15 AM

Part 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558January 10, 2022 10:09 AM

Most women are "gender non-conforming" r553, as are most men. Especially in a city like New York, being "gender non-conforming" doesn't mean much. They could simply have presented Che as a lesbian/bisexual woman, even better if she was just a woman comfortable with being a woman and who was not all-consumed with her identity. Fucking your own sex is the most gender non-conforming thing there is, so any lesbian/gay male character is going to be gender non-conforming. Unless, they're presented as an extreme caricature of butch lesbian or nelly gay man, where we're somehow the exception that proves the rule. All the enbie/queer/trans nonsense does is confirm gender stereotypes - unless you fulfil a gender stereotype then you have no gender!

by Anonymousreply 559January 10, 2022 11:07 AM

R510 obviously doesn't work in film, television, or any of the arts. I hate them all, because I want one, and my self control is white knuckled.

And, like Seema, there are a ton of people who don't smoke in public, but they do when among intimates or alone.

by Anonymousreply 560January 10, 2022 11:16 AM

[quote]Miranda probably made a good salary for a number of years, the house in Brooklyn should be paid off by now and guessing Steve still has the bar so it’s not so far fetched that she dropped out of the corporate world and went back to school. It’s happening more and more these days.

In reality Steve's bar probably would have closed due to Covid as several establishments in NYC did. And the taxes alone on a fully paid for brownstone in NYC are astronomical. But whether or not they can make us believe she can afford it is not the point. The point is they have created a highly unlikely scenario of three women with very expensive tastes living in one of the most expensive cities in the world all of whom do not have to work. For a show that says it wants to explore the realties of women at this certain point in their lives - it is a highly unrelatable premise.

by Anonymousreply 561January 10, 2022 1:11 PM

As much as I had some problems with the show A Work In Progress (HBO? SHO? STARZ?) I loved that the butch gender-nonconforming dyke was just that. A butch dyke.

And the true non-binary person was actually non-binary, uike Che is is clearly a woman but with a funky haircut.

I hate that when people claim they're non-binary because they're a woman who is strong or a man who is sensitive. You're only binary if you think only men can be strong and only women can be sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 562January 10, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote]The point is they have created a highly unlikely scenario of three women with very expensive tastes living in one of the most expensive cities in the world all of whom do not have to work.

Carrie and Charlotte married rich, so their lifestyles make sense. I agree Miranda is less realistic. It would be more interesting for her to be worried about money at this point--have Steve's bar closed due to COVID, big taxes on the brownstone, Brady attending a very expensive college. Lots of people in their 50s, even those with great careers, aren't fuck-you rich.

Again, this is where we miss Samantha. She and Miranda were always the most career-oriented, and it would be interesting to have the two of them discussing the issue. Samantha could have experienced some reversals in her PR business too, due to the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 563January 10, 2022 1:51 PM

R534- DUH.

by Anonymousreply 564January 10, 2022 3:19 PM

You know which character was truly non-binary? Anybody's, in West Side Story, who beat the shit out of cops and gang members.

by Anonymousreply 565January 10, 2022 3:53 PM

Susie Myerson (Alex Borstein) is a butch lesbian ahead of her time also working in the stand up comic world on the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Susie is endearing, whereas Che is just exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 566January 10, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote]A better way to break new ground would be to introduce Che as the person she is - a gender nonconforming woman who is comfortable in her own skin. No need for they/them pronouns or cis/heteronormative/harmful gender binary/patriarchal whatever. And definitely no need for her smoking wherever she goes because she's empowered.

I agree - "This is my boss Cheryl, she's a lesbian" would be the most controversial statement the series made.

by Anonymousreply 567January 10, 2022 4:07 PM

To me Che illustrates the pointlessness and futility of the whole binary/gender identity thing and why, in the end, sex can't be changed. Che looks like a butchy woman. I imagine she would to most people. You might describe her as any number of things but would non-binary or gender fluid be one of them? No, you'd go she's a rough looking woman, to your friends, behind her back so as not to offend, as most people with good manners would.

by Anonymousreply 568January 10, 2022 4:51 PM

[quote]Again, this is where we miss Samantha. She and Miranda were always the most career-oriented, and it would be interesting to have the two of them discussing the issue. Samantha could have experienced some reversals in her PR business too, due to the pandemic.

It could create some tension too, as those two are the ones you could say "deserve" more of the lifestyle that Carrie and Charlotte have ended up with by basically being traditional and marrying rich men. There's an interesting conversation there that I think would be beyond this show though.

by Anonymousreply 569January 10, 2022 6:37 PM

R563 R569 I had the same thought, Samantha and Miranda were so inspirational to me as self-made women. I just cannot relate to the married-rich-first-world problems of Charlotte and Carrie.

Do you think the Mr. Big fallout will taint the satc legacy?

I was watching a random satc clip on YouTube, and scenes with Mr. Big and the mention of Mr. Big really turned me off, I didn't even want to finish the clip.

I mean, Mr. Big has always been a hated figure on satc, but now I feel second hand violation, like I'm some early 20-something forced into anal sex and needing stitches afterwards....

by Anonymousreply 570January 10, 2022 6:41 PM

I can't believe the producers had no idea what Noth was--his issues with that model made the papers. They could easily have written Big off at any point after Season 2 and chose not to because the character was popular. They deserve the delayed comeuppance they are getting, with viewers completely turned off by any mention of Big. The only luck they had was that at least the character has been killed off. They can't continue to milk the Carrie/Big tragic love story bullshit, though.

by Anonymousreply 571January 10, 2022 6:44 PM

I understand that Mr. Big is a fictional character played by a real life actor.

by Anonymousreply 572January 10, 2022 6:45 PM

Its not an affair. Its a finger.

by Anonymousreply 573January 10, 2022 6:45 PM

[quote] They could easily have written Big off at any point after Season 2 and chose not to because the character was popular.

Even Noth said in an interview I read once that he thought Big should've been written out at that point, because there was nowhere interesting to go with his character.

by Anonymousreply 574January 10, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote]I mean, Mr. Big has always been a hated figure on satc, but now I feel second hand violation, like I'm some early 20-something forced into anal sex and needing stitches afterwards....

Are you serious?

That comparison is so insulting to actual victims of sex crimes that maybe you should consider just shutting up for a couple hours.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 575January 10, 2022 6:46 PM

Did Carrie 👅 Big’s taint?

by Anonymousreply 576January 10, 2022 8:47 PM

She was a tomboy, r565 (i.e. a butch dyke of the day) and now they transed her. Enbies aren't even hard, they're tedious narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 577January 10, 2022 9:09 PM

She is actually a pretty woman r568. The just have in styled as a character and not a human being. Given that and a toilet full of shitty lines and actions to perform, and she comes off as rough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578January 10, 2022 9:50 PM

It seems like Sara had significant input into the character. Hell, Che introduces herself the same way Sara does in her IG bio. She's got a Protect Trans Youth Tattoo above her boob.

by Anonymousreply 579January 10, 2022 9:57 PM

Well maybe she's just a terrible actress on top of it r579

by Anonymousreply 580January 10, 2022 9:59 PM

I believe Che is intentionally written to offend. They are supposed to be a modern day "bad boy" who is sticking out for all the wrong reasons. And in the same manner so tempting and desirable to the "innocent" but lost character who is just mesmerized by that daring rebel who pushes the envelope without a care in the world.

What bugs me a bit about the Carrie storyline in episode six (about the plastic surgery) is, and I'm sure I'm way overthinking this, that it ties the plastic surgery with her memories of those 15 years which she would "erase" by having the surgery. Bitch, you could look fabulous and still have your memories. But the story had to be about her being able to get over part of her grief and have Big's suits and records in her old apartment when Big's belongings were such a trigger for her in the storage unit scene.

And I kind of loved the scene with the sexy bread delivery himbos. "Five seconds rule!"

by Anonymousreply 581January 10, 2022 10:00 PM

R581 The problem is that is exactly what we see. Your description of it is fine, but that isn't what should be so blatantly obvious in the final script. The Morning Show might be just as universally hated on here, I am not sure, BUT The relationship between Julianna Margulies and Reese Witherspoon was the exact same dynamic and so much more nuanced and better done. It too came out nowhere in the character's story arc, but it didn't hit you over the head and in the end made complete sense.

And the problem for me with the sexy bread delivery himbos is that I haven't seen anyone in NYC in the last two decades who dresses like that. Last time I saw an outfit on someone like that it was probably a dude from Philadelphia traveling to NYC on the last Sunday in June, 1999. Bloated muscle queens in Leg Warmers and Daisy Dukes!?!? It's almost insulting to think this is what the writers think gay men are now. And they have a HUGE opportunity to present a new and fresh take on exactly who Gays of the '20s are to a large audience instead of a dated joke. They can still be HIMBOS, but nowadays they'd be freeballing in yoga pants with basketball shorts with manbuns or completely retro, fresh faced, big hair in fitted 1950s attendant uniforms. You can still have the joke, just don't make it so stale.

by Anonymousreply 582January 10, 2022 10:21 PM

[quote]Bloated muscle queens in Leg Warmers and Daisy Dukes!?!? It's almost insulting to think this is what the writers think gay men are now.

But it's so Anthony.

Also, isn't Michael Patrick King about a hundred and ten?

by Anonymousreply 583January 10, 2022 10:51 PM

I think Shex and the Shitty comsch up with bescht ideasch for a great schow!

by Anonymousreply 584January 10, 2022 10:52 PM

Was it just me or did they intentionally show a real old photo of SJP's face from when she was young on the computer of how her face would look after surgery? It wasn't just some made up pic.

I thought it was supposed to be a small joke.

by Anonymousreply 585January 10, 2022 11:04 PM

SJP looked great (seriously) in the first half of the show especially when she was in hats. The second half she looked 20 years older.

by Anonymousreply 586January 10, 2022 11:07 PM

R585 Yes that was SJP’s younger face. It looked like from season 1/the show’s opening credits. I could have sworn they played a little SATC theme interlude when they showed the young face and Carrie said “I remember her.” Inside (not so inside) joke, ha ha, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 587January 10, 2022 11:13 PM

R587 I think the point of the plastic surgeon story is metaphor for Carrie to cherish the experience of the past fifteen years, like her current face.

Though, I mentioned before in an earlier post it's offensive for us, the audience, to have her 'beauty' shoved down our throats. I, for one, am having a gag reaction.

by Anonymousreply 588January 10, 2022 11:18 PM

r582 I agree. The depiction of gay men is so dated and out of the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 589January 10, 2022 11:29 PM

R589 I'm revolutionary!!

by Anonymousreply 590January 10, 2022 11:46 PM

R578 I looked up the actres who plays Che and when I saw her bio and IMDB I was like "WTF about her is 'non-binary?'

She looks like a woman, acts like a woman...... this whole non-binary thing is so stupid.

It's like that gay boy married to a lesbian who was on the Advocate "this is what a queer couple looks like" guy, Nico Tortallini or whoever he is. He is "non binary" but even though he's a huge fag (said in the most positive way), he is in no way 'non binary' he's a hot guy with a hairy chest and muscles and masculine face (though he's doing everything he can to ruin his looks).

by Anonymousreply 591January 10, 2022 11:51 PM

It would have been more groundbreaking in this universe to feature a woman who doesn’t spend much time or money on her clothes, hair, or makeup, and is in a stale but comfortable (straight or gay) marriage. Miranda could have befriended her at college and she could shock Carrie by shopping at TJ Maxx and bringing her a Yankee Candle as a housewarming gift.

by Anonymousreply 592January 10, 2022 11:55 PM

Sara Ramirez is apparently dating a transman and may even have dated the evil tranny lunatic Chase Strangio, according to L Chat.

by Anonymousreply 593January 10, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote]Sara Ramirez is apparently dating a transman

i.e. she's dating a biological woman, ergo she's still a lez.

by Anonymousreply 594January 11, 2022 12:02 AM

Sure r594, but she's doing everything she can not to be a straightforward lesbian/bisexual woman. It's all queer, nonbinary, pan with her and she dates queerios rather than a woman who's happy to be a woman. Prior to that, she was married to a man.

by Anonymousreply 595January 11, 2022 12:11 AM

Is there an app for this?

by Anonymousreply 596January 11, 2022 12:24 AM

She was great parodying ALW in Spamalot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597January 11, 2022 12:40 AM

And just like that.....

by Anonymousreply 598January 11, 2022 1:11 AM

This thread.....

by Anonymousreply 599January 11, 2022 1:12 AM

Was finished.

by Anonymousreply 600January 11, 2022 1:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!