Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This man makes substantial meals using $5 at Dollar Tree

I’ve never shopped at Dollar Tree, but dare I say that I am curious to go and make this meal to see how it turns out? Interesting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2022 1:36 AM

Tasty, but more sodium than a livestock salt lick.

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2022 11:09 PM

The food he makes is cheap and he does save money, but the looming medical bills from the preventable diseases caused by it will FAR outweigh the money he saves.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2022 11:10 PM

R2 it is if that’s all he can afford.

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2022 11:12 PM

I’ve watched his tictocs and it’s just not healthy food. But some people can’t afford to eat healthy so there you go.

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2022 11:13 PM

That's a great meal for two people @$2.50 a serving.

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2022 11:18 PM

Some ground meat from a grocery store (to make the hamburger patties) plus a couple baked potatoes and a green salad (or frozen green beans) would be much healthier......and not much more money probably.

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2022 11:27 PM

I'd boil some rice, drain it, add: 1 can of chopped mushrooms (plus liquid); one can of chopped tomatoes; and 1 can of your favorite Campbell's Chunky soup. With bread or crackers this could feed about 3 for $5.00 or under.

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2022 11:41 PM

Salt and Sugar it's what's for dinner!

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2022 11:43 PM

Not exactly the healthiest meal, but there are people who would kill to have a meal that good. The man clearly knows how to cook and make put out a plate of food that people would enjoy. The fact that he did all that for $5.00 is very admirable. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2022 11:50 PM

I love this dude! I follow him on Tik Tok

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2022 12:04 AM

I'd love to see what he could do with some quality provisions. I'll bet his holiday tables are to die for. I must admit that gravy he made from the beef patty pan drippings looked heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2022 12:22 AM

R10 again. I seriously enjoy his Tik Toks more than most Food Network shows

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2022 12:28 AM

He probably grew up in a house with a mother and/or grandmother who could cook like crazy.

The weird thing is that if you gave most top chefs $5.00 and told them to go to Dollar Tree and then cook that same meal they would have no idea how to do it.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2022 12:34 AM

I want that gravy of his on two big cat head biscuits for breakfast. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2022 12:37 AM

I was definitely impressed, I didn't expect him to stretch things as far as he did. Is it the healthiest? No. But I don't know if any have experienced living in what is known as a food desert. Many supermarket chains find it too tough ( read not as profitable) to be in some cities..

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2022 12:43 AM

Not healthy but it could be worse and the meal is a lot cheaper than fast food.

There is good in what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2022 1:06 AM

Agree with all that say he’s doing good showing how to cook inexpensive meals. Most people can’t afford to shop at Whole Foods or even have a regular grocery store in their neighborhood. But, most low income areas have a dollar store.

But, I will add one critique: oof the amount of salt is crazy high and my BP went up just watching this. And those meat products are gross

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2022 1:25 AM

Um, so where did he buy the spices, milk and butter?

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2022 1:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!