Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Regina King presents her son and his boyfriend on CNN

YASSSSS 🏳‍🌈👨🏾‍🤝‍👨🏻

1:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2022 11:58 PM

She looks great for 50.

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Do they put Cohen's mic back about 5 ft. further? Anderson mumbles and you can hear him, but Cohen has to literally shout.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2022 7:06 PM

I would have liked it better if she had used a few more inclusive woke words.

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2022 7:08 PM

Love her and loved the sentiment. If only all us gays had a mum like this!

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2022 7:13 PM

It’s refreshing to see a black woman who isn’t homophobic, good for her.

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2022 7:16 PM

cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2022 7:18 PM

There’s something fantastic about Brenda from 227 growing up to be someone who seems so beloved in the industry.

Honestly, there are a damned few that seem to be legitimately well liked, but she’s one of them.

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2022 8:18 PM

Not relevant to this thread, but this moment made me a Chris Evans fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2022 8:27 PM

R1

Black don't crack......

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2022 8:34 PM

Nowhere does she say he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2022 8:40 PM

She's drunk off her ass, and I love it!

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2022 8:41 PM

Did she give them Vaseline? It's what her grandma used for anal.

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote] [quote] Regina King presents her son and his boyfriend on CNN It’s refreshing to see a black woman who isn’t homophobic, good for her.

Typical frothing at the mouth Datalounge bigot.

[quote] Regina King presents her son and his boyfriend on CNN I would have liked it better if she had used a few more inclusive woke words.

[quote] What does Andy Cohen have against Bill de Blasio? Remember when his wife “lost” a billion dollars and we’re not allowed to speak about it on DL?

[quote] What does Andy Cohen have against Bill de Blasio? R104 go to your Klan rally, you racist. Don’t you know that white men have stolen from governments for centuries? So we’re not going to say shit about we she did. We hope she enjoys her money. Secure the bag, Henny!

[quote] It’s a sad day for NYC Our beloved First Lady Chirlane McCray is no longer in the Mayor’s mansion. No one did more for New York City than this wonderful, honest woman.

[quote] Let’s Be Unwritten Rules of Datalounge I’m the rule that anyone of certain demographics are beyond criticism, no matter how atrocious their actions.

[quote] Best Hookup App now? Grindr is just preening Kweens, Ts, fat trolls and methheads now. Is there a better option?

[quote] Proposed New York City Skyscraper Would Be First Built By Black Americans Called Affirmation Tower, the 90-story skyscraper on Manhattan’s West Side (Hudson Yards) would reportedly be the Western Hemisphere’s tallest skyscraper to date. Plans calls for several new features including a 1,633-foot tower, two hotels, space for Black businesses, and new headquarters for the NAACP among them.

[quote] Don Lemon's sexual assault accuser speaks up. BELIEVE ALL MEN!!!

[quote] Lovely Bones author Alice Sebold apologizes to innocent black man wrongly jailed for raping her So do Black Lives Matter or do we “Believe All Women”? The wokety-woke Yasss Kweens’ heads are exploding over this one.

[quote] Rita Moreno shades Natalie Wood Rita is a rancid, grudge-holding cunt. She thinks everyone is out to get her. She’s riding the current societal wave and is like “imma get paid off this shit”.

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2022 9:33 PM

R13 forgot to take her meds. Go be crazy elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2022 9:51 PM

Every diva has at least one LGBTQ child.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote]There’s something fantastic about Brenda from 227 growing up to be someone who seems so beloved in the industry.

Everything she's done in he career and I still think, like you, Brenda from 227. I don't know why that show is so ingrained on my mind.

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2022 10:52 PM

I love Reggie but enough with the fucking commercials. She seems desperate. Unless it's a fragrance honey try saying no every once in a minute.

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2022 10:55 PM

r17 She can now be the next Sofia Vergara and pimp out her fabulous son in commercials!

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]Do they put Cohen's mic back about 5 ft. further? Anderson mumbles and you can hear him, but Cohen has to literally shout.

Yes R2. But they don't put it back so for SO he HAS to shout. [bold]They put it that far back BECAUSE HE SHOUTS.[/bold]

Add liquor to him and it's probably even worse. I feel sorry for the sound person who has to deal with him.

To be specific, they don't literally put the mic farther away, they just dial down the input electronically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2022 6:36 AM

He seems like someone who would be exhausting to be around. How does Anderson, SJP take it?

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2022 6:39 AM

That was bizarre

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2022 8:02 AM

She looks great. Weird to think she has an adult man for a son. I really enjoyed her in Southland and Watchmen.

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2022 8:03 AM

R5 Lmao and you white faggots wonder why mayo pete has 0% black support.

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2022 8:05 AM

R23 Shut up, cocksucker snd go and wash your prolapsed anus. How many brothas from the Down low did it take on New Year's eve. Only blind and desperate one of course.

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2022 9:37 AM

R23 The Lsa loon is back.

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2022 9:40 AM

The son committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2022 4:38 AM

Holy shit. Poor Regina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2022 4:41 AM

She said she had two sons on CNN. The other one was white.

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2022 4:45 AM

The white son is her son’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2022 5:21 AM

IMO there were red flags about their relationship. Very clingy and maybe too co-dependent. Almost like Angie Jolie and her sons.

The article about the tattoos is almost creepy. Who acts like this with an adult son?

People need to raise their children to be independent - not co-dependent - adults. They are not your friends - at least not until they are independent and have a life of their own - away from parents.

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2022 5:28 AM

Oh I didn’t know. It makes me like her even more. She’s a sublime actress.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2022 5:30 AM

Oh good God, I just saw him gay in New Year’s Eve, not the suicide. How painful.

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2022 5:32 AM

This is so so sad.

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2022 5:34 AM

This thread reeks of the Loon. Which is what r13 was trying to show us, I guess. Matt, why ARE you so racist? Why are you conservative?

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2022 5:40 AM

Poor Regina.

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2022 5:42 AM

She’s one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) actresses, I’ve followed her since 227. So sad for her & her family, RIP.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2022 5:56 AM

Are there guesses to why he killed himself?

I hope he wasn’t getting backlash for coming out to America with his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2022 6:18 AM

Someone said it was mental health because of COVID isolation.

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2022 8:35 AM

She’s trying to get an Oscar nomination this year for Best Actress- a little publicity for a dead gay son will go a long way. At least that’s what she told him when he called her from the hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2022 8:50 AM

Poor Regina! She has always seemed like a kind and decent person. She must be going through hell right now.

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2022 10:20 AM

In OP's clip, Regina's family appears to be warm and very close. They will probably support her through this time.

My aunt lost her only child (car crash) when she was around Regina's age. She committed suicide about two years later.

by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2022 2:44 PM

That’s awful, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2022 3:36 PM

Shit this is so sad. I wish the best for the family. I caught her live on the CNN NY special with her son and his boyfriend. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2022 3:40 PM

Women always lose their shit when their SON dies, losing a daiughter doesn’t seem like such a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2022 3:40 PM

You’re an idiot, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2022 3:43 PM

R44, that is not true at all.

by Anonymousreply 46January 22, 2022 3:44 PM

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 47January 22, 2022 3:54 PM

She needs to have another child right away. Adrienne Barbeau had twins in her 50’s.

by Anonymousreply 48January 22, 2022 4:00 PM

R48, stop being an asshole. Even if that were possible, how would that help her? To replace her son? Thats fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 49January 22, 2022 4:09 PM

R49, I don’t think R48 was trying to be an asshole (at least I don’t think). I’ll never forget a story Oprah did on this woman who who went for an early morning run and came back to find her estranged husband killed her 4 kids (3 teen step and 1 younger bio) and himself. She was a veterinarian and probably in her 40s. She was like a zombie on Oprah and contemplated suicide. Oprah followed up with her years later and she had met a nice man and had twins. She was in a much better place. Did it take away the pain of losing her 4 kids, no, but being a mom again helped her survive. I have no clue about Regina King, but she’s still young enough to have another kid whether that be bio, through medical science or adoption, if she wants to.

by Anonymousreply 50January 22, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote]she’s still young enough to have another kid whether that be bio, through medical science or adoption, if she wants to.

Or gain one hundred pounds and fake a pregnancy like Janet did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 22, 2022 4:52 PM

This legitimately bums me out, and you can MARY! me for that if you want.

Regina seems like a truly awesome person. No parent deserves to lose a child, but someone who's a good egg really shouldn't have to go through it.

by Anonymousreply 52January 22, 2022 4:55 PM

R50, she's not young enough to have another kid naturally. She's in her 50s. For most women it's difficult after 40 and near impossible after 45. Even if she still has a period, her eggs would have degraded. The only exception is if she froze some of her eggs several years ago. Then what, find a male friend to donate the sperm? Or buy a strangers sperm? Yes, there's science. She could buy a donor egg, buy some sperm, and hire a surrogate to carry them. Basically, design a baby to adopt. Or she could adopt a baby that's already born. It's not easy to get approval for that in your 50s. You'll need to be rich and adopt from overseas (like Hoda).

But...why? This time around, she'd be a single mom. (Last time she had a partner for the first few years of the child's life.) While she's still trying to heal from this huge loss. And the kid would be starting off life with a single, mid-50s mom. It was fucked up for Andy/Anderson to do it, but it would make less sense for Regina to do it, after she's already raised a kid to 26. If a new kid has similar problems, she won't be able to help, because by the time the new kid gets to age 20, she would be 70+.

by Anonymousreply 53January 22, 2022 5:04 PM

LOL at Janet Jackson. It's possible that she froze her eggs several years ago. Or she bought a donor egg from a surrogate. Maybe she carried it, maybe she hired another woman to carry it.

Or, like her big brother Michael, maybe she just adopted (bought) the kid and will swear up and down it's biologically hers, even though it looks nothing like her.

by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2022 5:07 PM

Regina needs to get pregnant right now! Time’s a wasting. Get going, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2022 5:11 PM

That's the third time you've said that, R55. Are you volunteering to donate sperm?

by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2022 5:13 PM

Is his father gay?

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2022 5:42 PM

This woman is at the height of her career. She has no desire to get pregnant or have another child.

Maybe she never did.

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2022 6:52 PM

Regina had one child for a reason. If she wanted more than one trust me she would have had another one shortly after her son.

This coming from a single parent with a child two years older than her late son.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2022 11:06 AM

Is she preggo again yet? Chop chop Regina! Get the vagina open again.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2022 12:08 PM

The ex is gay, the son was gay, Regina is gay..

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2022 12:18 PM

It’s a modern story family

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2022 12:21 PM

They’re a modern Stone Age family

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2022 12:24 PM

R61?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2022 12:33 PM

Love that, R64,

by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2022 1:29 PM

This title is misleading. We don't know that he was gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2022 5:11 AM

He looked ftm.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2022 5:43 AM

Regina pings a bit

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2022 5:51 AM

Has she spread her legs yet to get another child? Chop chop Gina. Time’s a wastin’!!!

by Anonymousreply 69January 26, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] He looked ftm.

Was he her daughter before?

by Anonymousreply 70January 26, 2022 8:42 PM

Why did her son kill himself and why couldn’t she prevent it?

by Anonymousreply 71January 26, 2022 8:55 PM

I don't see any reason to believe her son wasn't gay. Sad that he felt he had to end his life. He was cute and seemed happy enough.

by Anonymousreply 72January 26, 2022 9:02 PM

R69 Since it's been 26 years since she pushed a baby out of her hole, I doubt that she wants anymore kids besides at 51, she's too old.

by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2022 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!