Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

25.3% of transgender adults reported food insufficiency compared to just 8.3% of cisgender people

'Food is so central to all that we do'

Even when food is available, a lack of respect and even open discrimination can create barriers for transgender individuals, the report said, quoting the experience of Alex, a Black, pansexual transgender man from Los Angeles.

"I would try to access the church food banks, it was difficult. Like, you go in there, and they just have this look on their face of like disgust – you really don’t wanna deal with them. You don’t wanna deal with that," he said. "You already emotionally defeated going into that situation, and then to get all of that, I was like I’d rather turn around and go back, figure this out a whole ‘nother way."

Worries about physical and emotional safety are common for transgender people and can stop them from getting food even when it's available, said Maria Roman-Taylorson, vice president of The TransLatin@ Coalition, a non-profit created by trans Latina women that serves trans and gender non-conforming individuals. It can range from cultural disrespect, which she termed "microaggression," to physical violence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 31, 2021 11:49 AM

Christ

by Anonymousreply 1December 31, 2021 12:17 AM

Let them eat their cut off dicks and tits.

by Anonymousreply 2December 31, 2021 12:18 AM

I think these individuals are looking for those looks going to church food banks. Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 3December 31, 2021 12:20 AM

If they can't afford to eat, can't they just raise some grocery money by having a bake sale?

by Anonymousreply 4December 31, 2021 12:21 AM

If you aren't hungry enough to put up with a little derision, you aren't really hungry.

by Anonymousreply 5December 31, 2021 12:21 AM

If you’re in CA, all you do is google “LGBT food banks”. Pulls up a bunch. These individuals are perpetual victims looking for reactions.

by Anonymousreply 6December 31, 2021 12:22 AM

Well, hookers should be thin.

So maybe it's all for the best?

by Anonymousreply 7December 31, 2021 12:22 AM

I almost traded my virtue for a meatball.

by Anonymousreply 8December 31, 2021 12:23 AM

Stefonknee doesn't look like she's missed many meals, but she identifies as a child, not an adult.

by Anonymousreply 9December 31, 2021 12:26 AM

It would help if the bitch didn't cut in line.

by Anonymousreply 10December 31, 2021 12:29 AM

Let They Eat Cake

by Anonymousreply 11December 31, 2021 12:29 AM

Have transgendered people ever had any good experiences in life? Or is being trans only one long series of aggressions, victimizations, misunderstandings, insults, and shunnings?

by Anonymousreply 12December 31, 2021 12:34 AM

Funny how that trans Latina in OP's post has had every procedure possible to morph into a Caucasian Orange County trophy wife.

by Anonymousreply 13December 31, 2021 12:37 AM

"Transgender adults are having a much more difficult time than the overall population in getting adequate nourishment during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new study.

The Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law report, published this month, finds that transgender adults were three times as likely than other adults to face food insufficiency – defined as not having enough to eat in the last seven days – between July and October.

The gap was even more severe for transgender people of color, who were six times as likely to experience food insufficiency as cisgender white adults, according to the Williams Institute, which conducts independent research on sexual orientation and gender identity law and public policy."

by Anonymousreply 14December 31, 2021 12:39 AM

Fuck the T!

by Anonymousreply 15December 31, 2021 12:46 AM

I couldn't care less.

by Anonymousreply 16December 31, 2021 12:48 AM

They are getting good at PR, which they desperately need. I pray it helps them.

by Anonymousreply 17December 31, 2021 12:51 AM

Autistic people don’t pick up on social cues. They will never understand that they’re mentally not knowing when they’ve crossed the line. They will throw temper tantrums when not getting their way. They need to be ignored and shunned, not catered to.

by Anonymousreply 18December 31, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote] The gap was even more severe for transgender people of color, who were six times as likely to experience food insufficiency as cisgender white adults, according to the Williams Institute, which conducts independent research on sexual orientation and gender identity law and public policy."

Because supermarkets won’t serve them apparently. lol. These are abnormal individuals who can’t cope with reality. The medical community is going to be sued out of existence for trans advocacy in 30 years. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 19December 31, 2021 12:53 AM

They are Stunning and Brave - and Starving.

by Anonymousreply 20December 31, 2021 12:54 AM

[quote] Morgan, a Black transgender woman who also is executive director of Black & Pink, which works with current and formerly incarcerated LGBTQ people and those with HIV/AIDS, said discrimination and dangers vary by race, as in the overall society.

[quote]"A white trans person absolutely is going to experience harm and oppression because of their gender identity depending on where they're at. But at the end of the day, they still have their whiteness to protect them," she said. "As a Black trans woman in this world, … the oppression does not decrease, it just increases."

Get a fucking job. lol. You have your bring a male on your side, pussy. Man the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 21December 31, 2021 12:55 AM

Meals on wheels, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 22December 31, 2021 12:57 AM

#SAD

by Anonymousreply 23December 31, 2021 1:00 AM

My pleasant peanut clit could provide nourishment for an entire army!!!

by Anonymousreply 24December 31, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]Christ

Is he on a cracker?

by Anonymousreply 25December 31, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote] I think these individuals are looking for those looks going to church food banks.

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 26December 31, 2021 1:21 AM

R1.

by Anonymousreply 27December 31, 2021 1:25 AM

The Category Is...Darfur Orphan!

by Anonymousreply 28December 31, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] Alex, a Black, pansexual transgender man from Los Angeles.

What the fuck is that?

by Anonymousreply 29December 31, 2021 1:30 AM

82% of the general population couldn't afford to buy more food.

77% of transgender people couldn't afford to buy more food.

Other Covid food insecurity studies have consistently said households with children have had the most difficulty accessing food, I believe the elderly were next in line but I don't remember, I guess all of those studies are wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 31, 2021 1:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 31, 2021 1:32 AM

"...quoting the experience of Alex, a Black, pansexual transgender man from Los Angeles."

Can anyone tell me why it was necessary to include "pansexual" as a descriptor of this person? Am I to seriously believe that ANYONE has ever been denied food-- or indeed anything-- because they are pansexual? How would anyone know that about them? Do they enter the food banks wearing signs around their necks that say, "I fuck anything that moves"?

by Anonymousreply 32December 31, 2021 1:50 AM

R18, I concur . I hate those fuckers

by Anonymousreply 33December 31, 2021 1:54 AM

They were screaming that they’re in the midst of a Holocaust during the Dave Chappelle thing. These people need to be ignored and sectioned.

by Anonymousreply 34December 31, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote]Morgan, a Black transgender woman who also is executive director of Black & Pink, which works with current and formerly incarcerated LGBTQ people and those with HIV/AIDS, said discrimination and dangers vary by race, as in the overall society.

[quote]"A white trans person absolutely is going to experience harm and oppression because of their gender identity depending on where they're at. But at the end of the day, they still have their whiteness to protect them," she said. "As a Black trans woman in this world, … the oppression does not decrease, it just increases."

Get a fucking job. lol. You have your being a male on your side, pussy. Man the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 35December 31, 2021 5:15 AM

Yeah R35 it is really galling that a man can claim victimhood. Men have always held all the power throughout history. They have the gall to claim after all the year's women have been enslaved by men (and we only had the right to own property and have our own credit without a male signature in the 1970s) they have it much harder. Fucking assholes.

by Anonymousreply 36December 31, 2021 6:22 AM

Considering every trans person I’ve ever heard of has a go fund me to beg for money at all times, you’d think they’d be eating well.

by Anonymousreply 37December 31, 2021 11:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!