Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WaPo: ‘Jeopardy!’ champ Amy Schneider’s 21st win in a row makes her the show’s winningest woman

Amy Schneider grew up watching “Jeopardy!,” honing her trivia skills from an early age. Now, decades later, a legion of fans young and old are watching her set record after record as a long-running champion on the show. On Wednesday, she notched her 21st straight victory, the most by a woman.

The milestone comes during a remarkable run for Schneider, an engineering manager who grew up in Dayton, Ohio, and now lives in Oakland, Calif. Last week she became the woman with the most all-time earnings in “Jeopardy!” history, and on Tuesday she tied Julia Collins’s 2014 mark of 20 consecutive wins. Earlier this year, she became the first transgender contestant to make the Tournament of Champions, where the top players from each season compete.

Schneider, 42, now holds a top-five spot in three of the show’s four Hall of Fame categories: consecutive games won, highest winnings during regular-season play and all-time winnings — despite having yet to participate in a lucrative tournament. As of Wednesday, she had earned $806,000.

“That is quite a streak,” guest host Ken Jennings, who holds the record for most wins in a row, said after Schneider’s latest win.

Schneider has been intentional about paying homage to the women whose records she has broken. After she surpassed Larissa Kelly’s $655,930 of all-time earnings, Kelly congratulated her on setting “new standards for excellence, on the show and off.”

“I’m honored to be in your company,” Schneider replied on Twitter. “And I look forward to some day watching the woman who beats us both!”

And on the episode where she recorded her 20th win, she wore a mauve sweater inspired by Collins, who in addition to racking up wins and hundreds of thousands of dollars became known for her impressive sweater collection.

“I wanted to wear a sweater because that was kind of her thing,” Schneider said on the show, referring to Collins, whom she named as one of her favorite players. “Obviously being such a successful woman on the show is meaningful to me. … She played very straightforward, just being smart, just being fast on that buzzer, and I like that about her as well.” (cont.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 1, 2022 1:33 AM

(cont.) “Jeopardy!” episodes are recorded months before they air, but Schneider has taken to publishing postgame recaps after each show appears on TV, giving fans extra insight into her mentality and approach during a given contest.

In her Wednesday tweet thread analyzing her record-tying win, she said she and Collins have similar play styles, but she never imagined she would make it so far.

“It happened months ago for me, and I’m still trying to take it in,” Schneider wrote. “In my highest of high hopes, I never dreamed of matching Julia’s streak. It’s hard to say how I felt: proud, dazed, happy, numb, all those things.”

Schneider will have a chance to continue her streak this week, and could amass even more money at the next Tournament of Champions, where she could face another record-breaking recent contestant, Matt Amodio, who registered 38 wins and $1.5 million in his turn on the show this year.

The back-to-back bouts of record-smashing cap a tumultuous year for the iconic show after the loss of legendary host Alex Trebek, who died in 2020. Trebek’s replacement, former executive producer Mike Richards, was hired and fired in rapid succession, and the show has leaned on a rotating cast of guest hosts since, most recently former “Jeopardy!” champion Jennings.

In a December interview with The Washington Post, Schneider said she thinks people feel her historic run “has been good for ‘Jeopardy!’”

“I hope that’s the case, and it’s extremely gratifying,” she said. “The show has meant a lot to me … and if my run is good for the show, that’s all the better.”

Schneider has also said her success has had an impact on her personally — she is now, suddenly, a public figure, who gets recognized in grocery stores, and she has discussed the importance of representation and supporting the trans community.

In a recent interview with GLAAD, an LGBTQ media advocacy organization, Schneider said she hopes her time on the show inspires future trans contestants and shows that “there’s not an area in life in which we can’t succeed and excel.”

“That just because you haven’t seen anybody do it yet doesn’t mean somebody isn’t going to do it,” Schneider said. “Whatever it is you want to do, it can be done.”

by Anonymousreply 1December 30, 2021 3:44 AM

See? Women can do everything men can do!

by Anonymousreply 2December 30, 2021 3:45 AM

But for the fact that she's not a woman -- she is a transwoman.

by Anonymousreply 3December 30, 2021 3:47 AM

Hoping that she's making "hosting" Ken Jennings nervous that she'll beat his record and end up usurping his role as host of the show to alternate with Mayim. Actually Jennings is doing a good job, but I think he makes the new contestants nervous by building up Amy before every appearance, possibly trying to freak her out too. But then again, there are still a few people who won more than Amy. Also, no one seems to bring up that Brad Rutter has won the most money on the show (and he might be family, too).

by Anonymousreply 4December 30, 2021 3:48 AM

I hope she splurges on a wig.

by Anonymousreply 5December 30, 2021 3:52 AM

For r5:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 30, 2021 3:56 AM

I bet she fucks like a champ. I want deep inside her mussy.

by Anonymousreply 7December 30, 2021 3:59 AM

Is she hung? Anyone of DL have her?

by Anonymousreply 8December 30, 2021 4:02 AM

Oh the irony! The enraged gnashing of teeth by the fairer sex over men/trans women doing the SAME shit women have done to men for decades. I hope it drives them insane. I laugh and laugh every time I see or hear some nagging female go on about men taking over their special spaces. Refulgent irony that only a woman could miss. Karma is a bitch, and she’s got a dick under that skirt to prove it. LOL!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9December 30, 2021 4:31 AM

What's the point of separate sport by sex, or comment about the first "woman" doing this and that, if are not a biological woman the ones who win? They are mocking women at this point, misogyny at its worst.

by Anonymousreply 10December 30, 2021 4:33 AM

But she's pretty in pink!

by Anonymousreply 11December 30, 2021 4:55 AM

r10 r9

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 30, 2021 5:01 AM

She looka like a man!

by Anonymousreply 13December 30, 2021 6:07 AM

Congrats ladies!

by Anonymousreply 14December 30, 2021 6:21 AM

Right...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 30, 2021 7:54 AM

The 1% beats the 51% yet again. Nature has a favorite child. A favorite [bold]son[/bold], to be more precise.

by Anonymousreply 16December 30, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote] Earlier this year, she became the first transgender contestant to make the Tournament of Champions, where the top players from each season compete.

So which is it? She’s breaking a transgender record. That’s great. But then you can’t say she’s breaking the women’s record. You can’t have it both ways. Pick a lane and stay in it.

by Anonymousreply 17December 30, 2021 8:11 AM

r13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 30, 2021 8:25 AM

He's a MAN, baby!!!

by Anonymousreply 19December 30, 2021 8:30 AM

Unimpressive from a man.

by Anonymousreply 20December 30, 2021 8:32 AM

Wow, Austin Powers sure was transphobic. And this problematic guy got three sequels? The 90s were madness!

by Anonymousreply 21December 30, 2021 8:33 AM

r20 what would be impressive for a man vs a woman?

just how unequal are males and females when it comes to well, everything.

by Anonymousreply 22December 30, 2021 8:37 AM

So are all those women’s records he smashed actually still intact?

by Anonymousreply 23December 30, 2021 8:39 AM

He was a man all through school and well into adulthood. Where was the challenge for him?

This would not be an issue at all if he'd just quit pretending to be a woman. Have your personality, wear your fussy little cardigans, just knock it off with the bullshit. He isn't even effeminate, he's a regular dude who would never be mistaken for female under any circumstances.

So deeply obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2021 8:41 AM

R24, Who couldn’t tell that was a man during the introductions on his first show?

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2021 8:55 AM

r24 so, just how inferior are women to men that this person is a loser?

by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2021 9:15 AM

r24 I see your point on the first paragraph, but call bullshit on the second. We have no way of knowing if she's actually transgender (they do exist), autogynephilic, or simply taking the piss. There are plenty of natal females who are masculine looking af, too--and not necessarily trans/lesbian, either.

r10 that is two totally different things. Natal males do have inherent advantages in sports, and if you're going to separate by gender identity (not sex, as they used to do), that needs to be acknowledged at the very least. Having a trivia competition segregated by sex/gender is ridiculous. There is no difference between male/female brains. That's a result of cultural/societal bias in history. Yes, I realize it's just for fake bragging rights, like Everest climbers (first blind, double amputee furry who identifies as a werewolf!), but still...

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2021 9:18 AM

R16 Trans women don't make 1% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2021 9:32 AM

Maybe now she can afford to get her ding dong ripped off and her hoo-haw sewn on!

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2021 10:13 AM

[quote]What's the point of separate sport by sex, or comment about the first "woman" doing this and that, if are not a biological woman the ones who win? They are mocking women at this point, misogyny at its worst.

Jeopardy is a sport now?

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2021 10:22 AM

[Quote]There is no difference between male/female brains.

Utter nonsense. Start with size or number of neurons.

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2021 10:29 AM

Biology stops existing when feminists want it to.

Then starts existing again when they want it to.

And so on.

by Anonymousreply 32December 30, 2021 10:31 AM

r31 there's no major difference that affects either sex to the point where they have superior/inferior intellectual capacity, regardless of processing differences.

by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2021 10:32 AM

R33 Wishful thinking. Men dominate the right tail of cognitive skills distribution because of brain size and structure differences, not because of society. In fact, considering women have outnumbered men in college campi since the early 90s, as far as society goes, it's women who should have the upper hand in a competition such as this. Instead, the gender disparity is such that even the highest performing woman is a biological male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2021 10:48 AM

R9 is the creepiest lower life form on this board.

And we suspect he used ‘refulgent’ incorrectly.

by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2021 10:49 AM

R34 so trivia games for mass entertainment are considered a constructive use of higher-order thinking now.

Cool, wow, so crazy🙄

by Anonymousreply 36December 30, 2021 10:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 30, 2021 10:54 AM

Oh, R36.

If a ciswoman was the highest scoring overall champ on Jeopardy we'd NEVER stop hearing about it from you.

by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2021 10:55 AM

TRANSWOMEN ARE WOMEN!

A CABBAGE IS A HAT!

A FROG IS A COFFEE TABLE!

MENTAL ILLNESS IS MENTAL HEALTH!

by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2021 10:59 AM

R38 no, you wouldn’t. Such things are beneath me, and should be beneath any woman who values a life of the mind and high-culture.

You enjoy your gameshows, though.

by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2021 11:08 AM

And, surprising no one, the British woman at R40 is also an anti-surrogacy homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2021 11:12 AM

R41 hardly ‘phobia’ to expect a level of consideration from men, is it?

Conversely, your demands for ‘respect’ for transpeople reach beyond consideration, and are in truth demands for total compliance and subjugation, allowing the entitled and the mentally-ill tear into our humanity.

by Anonymousreply 42December 30, 2021 11:16 AM

And, also unsurprisingly, we get to have a British woman tell us what homophobia is and isn't!

by Anonymousreply 43December 30, 2021 11:19 AM

R43 imagine showing off for a gaggle of messageboard elders...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 30, 2021 11:29 AM

It's so funny when gay men get told what is and isn't homophobic by one Britain's bored middle-aged extremely online TERFs!

Homophobia is so funny!

by Anonymousreply 45December 30, 2021 11:31 AM

Hey, R45 et al, fuck off and shove your misogyny up your ass. You'd like that, right?

by Anonymousreply 46December 30, 2021 11:43 AM

No trans woman's ever told me that.

by Anonymousreply 47December 30, 2021 11:44 AM

Of course not you fool, because they're men.

by Anonymousreply 48December 30, 2021 11:46 AM

And, from my experience, less homophobic than the average rad fem.

by Anonymousreply 49December 30, 2021 11:48 AM

British heifers go away!

by Anonymousreply 50December 30, 2021 12:15 PM

Between Alex Trebek's death and the wokeness that is now Jeopardy, the show is ruined for me. I am both sad and mad at this.

by Anonymousreply 51December 30, 2021 12:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 30, 2021 12:36 PM

Yes, all this insanity! Science has spoken and men are smarter.

by Anonymousreply 53December 30, 2021 12:41 PM

R53 except this person declares that they are not a man.

Can only pick one way to cut, I’m afraid.

by Anonymousreply 54December 30, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote]Can only pick one way to cut, I’m afraid.

Unlike you.

How are you going to chalk the highest scoring woman having a dick up to bone density?

by Anonymousreply 55December 30, 2021 12:48 PM

The DNA test came back. It’s a man. The women’s record is safe.

by Anonymousreply 56December 30, 2021 12:48 PM

How far down are women in the Best Player rankings?

by Anonymousreply 57December 30, 2021 12:49 PM

Not an autogyne, she's had the chop (as the expression goes).

I'm more surprised the term "winningest" hasn't triggered many Dataloungers?

by Anonymousreply 58December 30, 2021 1:01 PM

I hope she makes it to a million dollars, and then I think it will be time to let someone else win.

by Anonymousreply 59December 30, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]makes him the show’s winningest man in a dress

Reality.

by Anonymousreply 60December 30, 2021 1:31 PM

Lol R60.

Alex never would have had a tranny on the show.

Not in all his years.

by Anonymousreply 61December 30, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote] How far down are women in the Best Player rankings?

It’s pretty far down that no real woman is ever going to beat this new “women’s” record just like no real woman is ever going to beat Lia Thomas’s record.

by Anonymousreply 62December 31, 2021 7:25 PM

You need to drink to exist in today’s world.

by Anonymousreply 63December 31, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote] You need to drink to exist in today’s world.

I'll drink to that!

by Anonymousreply 64December 31, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote]It’s pretty far down that no real woman is ever going to beat this new “women’s” record

Oh, that's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 65December 31, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote]Not an autogyne, she's had the chop (as the expression goes).

We do not know that for a fact. Amy obfuscates and uses coy words that can mean whatever the trans want it to mean.

When Amy says the penis and testicles were removed surgically then I will believe that. I think I will believe Amy. There's such absolute dishonesty in this community that it's hard to believe anything without hard proof. No pun intended. Amy is with a woman, so I'd say chances are just as likely that nothing has really changed in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 66December 31, 2021 10:04 PM

Her bone density means none of the other women can compete with her!

by Anonymousreply 67December 31, 2021 10:13 PM

I think this woman next to me has a prick.

by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2021 10:25 PM

r64

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2021 10:27 PM

All that muscle mass! It's not fair!

by Anonymousreply 70December 31, 2021 10:27 PM

Winningist? What kind of dipshit retards does WaPo employ nowadays? A high schooler could come up with a more grammatically correct headline. What is it with modern journalism and juvenile baby talk?

by Anonymousreply 71December 31, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote] You need to drink to exist in today’s world.

That's just you, honey.

by Anonymousreply 72December 31, 2021 10:32 PM

They should release the name of the headline writer who wrote " winningest" and the editor who approved it. Along with a public apology. Neither of these individuals should be permitted employment again. What's their next headline? " Covid Rises To The Mostest High Level Ever"?

by Anonymousreply 73December 31, 2021 10:36 PM

The billionaires are controlling the narrative in every corner. Its gonna get weirder before it gets better.

by Anonymousreply 74December 31, 2021 10:39 PM

A college chum's sister wrote headlines for the WaPo and the NY Times. I had no idea that was an actual job. I mean that's all they do - write headlines. This was decades ago so maybe they make them do more now that the media has tightened its belts - maybe also change bathroom signs from Women to Everyone's Welcome.

by Anonymousreply 75December 31, 2021 10:42 PM

Jeopardy doesn’t have separate categories for men and women. If she wasn’t the “winningest” woman, she would be the “winningest” person named Amy whose favorite color is green. It doesn’t mean that much. Sure, men tend to be better at Jeopardy and math (but don’t say it if you are the president of Harvard), but lots of women win at Jeopardy and lots are excellent at math. She seems like a nice person who is making an effort to be gracious. I can’t imagine being so bitter as to begrudge someone with the shitty luck to have a man’s body and want to be a woman a win like this. What is she supposed to do? Refuse the informal title that doesn’t actually mean anything?

by Anonymousreply 76December 31, 2021 10:50 PM

They are R74.

by Anonymousreply 77December 31, 2021 11:01 PM

Let’s have a drink!

by Anonymousreply 78December 31, 2021 11:03 PM

R76 I agree. I understand the issue of trans women competing against other women in athletic events but not where men and women already compete with each other.

by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote] Alex never would have had a tranny on the show.

But he did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 1, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote] I can’t imagine being so bitter as to begrudge someone with the shitty luck to have a man’s body and want to be a woman a win like this.

No one is begrudging her win. She won fair and square. But she is not the winningest woman.

by Anonymousreply 81January 1, 2022 12:52 AM

Rofl R66!

He probably goes home and bangs his girlfriend with his throbbing PENIS.

I don't care what anyone says. That is a MAN.

by Anonymousreply 82January 1, 2022 9:03 AM

Yes, in the bedroom he is a man. Under the sheets, they are a heterosexual couple. But outwardly to the public, they are a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2022 9:12 AM

How about "Winningest person named Amy Schneider"?

Geez some of this is just so petty. Let the person have her acclaim. Sex/gender are not relevant issues here - there is no advantage being played here.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2022 9:16 AM

How is it fair for her to be answering trivia questions when her testosterone levels are twice that of biological women?!

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2022 9:22 AM

[quote]Sex/gender are not relevant issues here

They most certainly are. Characterizing a man in a dress as a "woman" is erroneous, as well as insulting and demeaning to women.

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2022 9:24 AM

R85 If she's punching out other contestants during the show, there might be an argument to make - definite SNL skit material.

by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2022 9:25 AM

I really like her tbh. Seems like a really nice person and it's great to see such a fan do so well.

by Anonymousreply 88January 1, 2022 9:27 AM

We need a separate Jeopardy for bio-womyn only.

by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2022 9:44 AM

[quote] Geez some of this is just so petty. Let the person have her acclaim. Sex/gender are not relevant issues here

If sex/gender are not the issue here then why all the headlines about her breaking female records for winningest woman on Jeopardy?? Why not wait until he breaks Ken Jennings’s record then if sex/gender is not the issue?

by Anonymousreply 90January 1, 2022 9:48 AM

R86 What is really demeaning to women is being endowed with the tiny unstable brains that Nature has given them! Amy is ELEVATING womankind by letting them share in the glory of her big, potent XY brain!

by Anonymousreply 91January 1, 2022 12:29 PM

I hope he spends some of that money to buy a nice big pair of tits. Even Bruce/Caitlyn has a nice big pair of tits.

by Anonymousreply 92January 1, 2022 12:29 PM

R92, You still have a bladder the size of a peanut, Trixie.

by Anonymousreply 93January 1, 2022 12:39 PM

Still none of the TRAs on this thread can explain how it is fair for a six foot behemoth to be answering trivia questions alongside womyn!

by Anonymousreply 94January 1, 2022 12:49 PM

Honest question: any theory why women are further down in the rankings? I'm not very familiar with Jeopardy, but it's a trivia game, right? Are there also stakes being made? If yes, what does the game reward: knowledge in certain fields like politics, sports, literature, etc. or a good nose for statistics for example?

by Anonymousreply 95January 1, 2022 12:51 PM

Wait, isn’t this cultural appropriation? Should I be following the science? I can’t keep up

by Anonymousreply 96January 1, 2022 12:55 PM

You can watch it YouTube. It's a standard TV quiz show, R95.

by Anonymousreply 97January 1, 2022 12:55 PM

R95, for the same reason there are more men who won the Nobel prize, Pulitzer, achieved math breakthroughs, inventions, vaccines, medicine, etc. Men have larger brains and are smarter.

by Anonymousreply 98January 1, 2022 12:59 PM

r95 I wonder if it's because women are more risk-averse and less likely to buzz in, even if they think they know the right answer.

by Anonymousreply 99January 1, 2022 1:01 PM

[quote][R95], for the same reason there are more men who won the Nobel prize, Pulitzer, achieved math breakthroughs, inventions, vaccines, medicine, etc. Men have larger brains and are smarter.

More TRAs mansplaining to us!

Biology says men and women are different but beyond that they are not different in any way.

by Anonymousreply 100January 1, 2022 1:03 PM

R88, I know. She seems quite genial and normal, reminds me of Phyllis from “The Office”.

I don’t consider Amy’s brain “female”, though. She’s still a white male dominating “Jeopardy”. Good for her, but I don’t see this as a win for women.

by Anonymousreply 101January 1, 2022 1:05 PM

Why are spelling bee champs always South or East Asian? 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 102January 1, 2022 1:07 PM

[quote][R95] I wonder if it's because women are more risk-averse and less likely to buzz in, even if they think they know the right answer.

You're reaching so hard you might even find what's under your gunt.

by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2022 1:07 PM

r103 sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 104January 1, 2022 1:10 PM

Because they are (culturally) programmed to memorize and spit back "facts" R102. Western learning has more to do with thought and analysis.

by Anonymousreply 105January 1, 2022 1:36 PM

r103 also W&W herself several times

by Anonymousreply 106January 1, 2022 8:16 PM

R90 Because she identifies herself as a woman, duh.

by Anonymousreply 107January 1, 2022 8:17 PM

[quote] Because she identifies herself as a woman, duh.

We don't care what he identifies as. He is a man. You'd think someone supposedly smart would know what sex they are. So he must be the stupidest winningest Jeopardy contestant.

by Anonymousreply 108January 1, 2022 9:33 PM

I actually think those who are making a fuss out of this do more harm than good to their cause.

Amy comes across as an intelligent/modest contestant on a game show, whereas they come across as petty and divisive.

Is Jeopardy really the hill they want to die on?

by Anonymousreply 109January 1, 2022 11:17 PM

R98, even if what you said were true on a purely statistical level, it wouldn’t mean that every man is smarter than every woman. Size isn’t all that matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 1, 2022 11:33 PM

For those fixated on WaPo using the word "winningest", from Merriam-Webster:

[quote]Winningest - adjective. win·​ning·​est | ˈwi-niŋ-əst Definition of winningest: having achieved the most wins. Examples of winningest in a sentence: She's the winningest coach in the conference...First Known Use of Winningest - 1972, in the meaning defined above.

by Anonymousreply 111January 2, 2022 12:27 AM

r108 I just wish we'd stop enabling mental illness. At this rate, it's going to be considered "hate speech" to tell schizophrenics that the voices aren't real.

by Anonymousreply 112January 2, 2022 2:43 AM

When are we going to hear more about "The Penis Mightier"?

by Anonymousreply 113January 2, 2022 3:00 AM

R109

I agree. It’s hard to make sense of arguments for fairness and safety here.

They really just don’t want trans women to exist at all.

by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2022 7:48 AM

R114, that’s not it at all. It’s great that she won all this money. We’re just saying she didn’t break any female records. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 115January 2, 2022 7:59 AM

You can look how TERF Twitter is reacting.

They want her morally mandated out of existence.

by Anonymousreply 116January 2, 2022 8:01 AM

Hopefully she can use her winnings to get something better than that Casual Corner jacket.

by Anonymousreply 117January 2, 2022 8:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 2, 2022 8:14 AM

R115 Nah, the former most winning woman is now only second place. Her leadership has been erased. No doubt she cries nightly.

by Anonymousreply 119January 2, 2022 9:23 AM

It’s not erased though. She still holds the female record. Amy holds the trans record.

by Anonymousreply 120January 2, 2022 9:43 AM

R109 The gender critical movement has turned into a cult, so don't expect these people to show good sense. In their heads, they embody good, and Amy evil. They're reason, science, and sisterhood, and Amy is delusion, misogyny, perversion and, of course, maleness. So they're allowed to say about Amy whatever comes up to them at any given moment, with no regard to context or proportion.

by Anonymousreply 121January 2, 2022 12:47 PM

r27 but the way she plays is very aggressive and there is a difference between how male and female play the game. She presses the button first before knowing she has the answer. That is the key to jeopardy. It is to buzz in first. If you only know 90% of the answers that is how you win. Not knocking her knowledge but you have to have balls of steel to play that way. With this strategy you get all the double jeopardies and winning those gets you back in front after losing a few because you buzzed in too fast. I watched her do this and get to a certain position well ahead of them and only after the double jeopardies were already out did she let up on the buzzer and others could answer getting small amounts of cash. She plays a strategy in final jeopardy that is wise and I can't make any point with that but her play in the main game is very testosterone driven. Bio women should take note and try to emulate although it's not natural behavior.

by Anonymousreply 122January 2, 2022 1:54 PM

r95, I did answer it above at r122, that post not just in reply to one specific post. Just came to thread and first I read talking about the competition on an intellectual level favoring men. The post is for many of the other comments too. It's not that a man is more intelligent but his style of play is more outgoing, so to say. Out there like a gambler who bluffs. Some sentiments in the poker community are women rarely bluff (some pros have gone against that, knowing the stereotype) but the same notion, women are less likely to risk clicking the buzzer before they have the answer. Winning on Jeopardy depends on you buzzing in first and to do that you have to hit it before you have had time to think of the answer. You have confidence you will know the majority of them so you just hit the buzzer.

by Anonymousreply 123January 2, 2022 2:04 PM

[quote]so don't expect these people to show good sense.

Where is the "sense", good or otherwise, in calling a man in a dress a woman?

[quote] They're reason, science, and sisterhood, and Amy is delusion,

Science says both Schneider and those who encourage/champion him are delusional.

[quote]So they're allowed to say about Amy whatever comes up to them at any given moment, with no regard to context or proportion.

Neither "context" nor "proportion" are factors in highlighting the insanity of both Schneider and his supporters.

by Anonymousreply 124January 2, 2022 2:04 PM

Autogynes (cocks in frocks) are one thing: men play-acting as women. Amy seems dysphoric, where one psychiatrist said, "The resistence to resolving gender identity is so strong in these cases that it's more practical to just (re-assign) them."

I don't see Amy buzzing in early as much as Matt did. What I see bringing her down might be a night where the categories happen to reflect the challengers' strengths enough that they" tag team" around her confidently.

by Anonymousreply 125January 2, 2022 3:09 PM

Some new more feminine teeth would definitely go a long way toward making her look more like a woman. As it is she looks like a not very attractive man in drag. And she needs a better hair style.

by Anonymousreply 126January 2, 2022 3:24 PM

Well, with all the money s/he won, s/he'll be looking more like a woman-born-woman in no time!

by Anonymousreply 127January 2, 2022 3:48 PM

R115 Absolutely: my deep respect for everyone winning this. He's just not a woman. Congratulations to the guy in a dress. If you dress up as a tree, it also doesn't make you one. It isn't good for a society to force people to lie.

by Anonymousreply 128January 8, 2022 8:30 PM

Are we still talking about this? Move on, people.

by Anonymousreply 129January 8, 2022 8:32 PM

She needs some sort of $$$ professional makeover. Doing it herself, as I assume, isn't cutting it. I've mentioned it before that she looks at least 10 years older than 37!

by Anonymousreply 130January 9, 2022 1:19 PM

Male aspie wins Jeopardy. News at 11.

by Anonymousreply 131January 9, 2022 1:36 PM

I think I got into a brawl with her several years back in Glasgow - good times.

by Anonymousreply 132January 9, 2022 7:54 PM

Someone on my Twitter feed was accusing Jennings of being transphobic but without saying it. All the fraus responding kept saying the same thing, but dancing around the accusation.

by Anonymousreply 133January 9, 2022 8:15 PM

I don't get that at all, since he seems to genuinely like Amy.

by Anonymousreply 134January 9, 2022 9:34 PM

He did not use the correct words. Off with his head.

by Anonymousreply 135January 9, 2022 9:53 PM

I can't imagine how hard it is to look at an obvious man in a dress and try to remember to call it a 'she' or risk making it, and the rest of its cult, homicidally angry. I hope this shit ends soon before I have to be in a situation to speak to one of these creatures.

by Anonymousreply 136January 9, 2022 10:44 PM

What baffles me is how those on the TRAs essentially have too conflicting narratives/arguments.

1) Trans people need more recognition, representation, and inclusion by "cis" people if society is ever to "progress" toward embracing diversity.

2) Trans people are [italic]exactly[/italic] the same as the genders they identify (i.e. "transwomen/transmen are women/men") and should be recognized as part of that demographic.

The problem with these two conflicting narratives is that if transwomen/transmen are just [italic]the same[/iitalic] as women/men, then there is no need to distinguish them as trans, thereby, nullifying the "demand and/or need" for trans representation and outright eliminating the term "cis" as a descriptor for "non-trans" people. If they're just regular women/men, then the concept of being trans doesn't exist, and there is no distinct group to represent or include for diversity's sake in the first place.

On the other hand, if they demand to be represented and included as trans, then they are conceding to the fact that being trans is not the same as being men/women and subsequently supporting the counter-argument that trans people need their own spaces, categories, etc., and then stop trying to overtake ours.

by Anonymousreply 137January 9, 2022 10:58 PM

Holy shit... *two conflicting narratives/arguments

And the formatting...

I need my coffee.

by Anonymousreply 138January 9, 2022 10:59 PM

R137 It's no different that blacks, Jews & the disabled saying they're like everyone else

but still have BET, Israel & the Special Olympics (or are you for ending all of those bells & whistles too?).

by Anonymousreply 139January 10, 2022 1:57 AM

[quote]but still have BET, Israel & the Special Olympics (or are you for ending all of those bells & whistles too?).

Would you be fine with an able-bodied person proclaiming that he or she identifies as disabled and then competing and beating everyone in the Special Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 140January 10, 2022 2:23 AM

R140 You ignored BET & Israel.

I guess cherry picking suits you.

by Anonymousreply 141January 10, 2022 2:25 AM

r139 Actually, it's more like an able-bodied, non-Black or non-Jewish person "identifying" as disabled, Black or Jewish, and then demanding to be recognized as such in disabled, Black, and Jewish spaces while simultaneously pushing the narrative that they're "transdisabled," "transracial," or "transethnic Jews," and should be recognized as a legitimate identity completely separate from "cisdisabled," "cisracial," or "cisethnic Jews," to promote "diversity."

You're comparing apples to oranges, here.

by Anonymousreply 142January 10, 2022 2:46 AM

[quote] Someone on my Twitter feed was accusing Jennings of being transphobic but without saying it. All the fraus responding kept saying the same thing, but dancing around the accusation.

He referred to him as a he. “With his winning total of... “

by Anonymousreply 143January 10, 2022 2:56 AM

R141, I didn't want to muddy my point. I wanted to use one clear example to show you that you have no logical point at all. So, go ahead and answer my simple, clearly stated question.

by Anonymousreply 144January 10, 2022 4:17 AM

Let’s go Amy! ❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 145January 10, 2022 4:32 AM

R145 I agree!!!

Anita Bryant's head must be exploding right about now.

by Anonymousreply 146January 10, 2022 4:54 AM

Don't worry R144 you won't muddy your point.

Go ahead now & tie it to BET & Israel (for the sake of consistency).

by Anonymousreply 147January 10, 2022 5:02 AM

This just proves women are, in fact, smarter than men.

- iroll

by Anonymousreply 148January 10, 2022 5:06 AM

R147, R142 already did that. The only relevant example you used was the disabled one because it involves people competing under false identities. Why can't you answer a simple question?

If you are okay with men calling themselves women and competing and beating actual women then the logical conclusion is that you are also okay with able-bodied people calling themselves disabled and competing and beating actual disabled people. There isn't a prezel big enough to allow you to answer the question in any other way than the affirmative but you don't want to say that so you just play games instead. Like I said, we all see you and know exactly what you are.

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2022 5:06 AM

It's easy R149. Amy qualified to Jeopardy's definition of a woman so they gave her the proper due/title.

The Special Olympics panels/staff decides who is qualified (& who isn't) to enter into their events.

Now respond to BET & Israel. Why if blacks & Jews are like everyone else (& want to be integrated) do they need their own network & own nation? Gypsies have been discriminated against for centuries but they don't have their own network or nation.

by Anonymousreply 150January 10, 2022 5:20 AM

[quote]Amy qualified to Jeopardy's definition of a woman so they gave her the proper due/title.

Then Jeopardy's definition is scientifically erroneous, as well as demeaning and insulting to women.

[quote]Why if blacks & Jews are like everyone else (& want to be integrated) do they need their own network & own nation?

Jews are and have always been a recognized nation, with a history, language, laws, culture and identity. Only in the US are Jews erroneously relegated to a "religion".

by Anonymousreply 151January 10, 2022 6:42 AM

Can Amy swim?

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2022 8:11 AM

It is what it is, and it is not a female.

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2022 8:36 AM

R113, when you answer the question about Anal Bum Cover.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2022 6:18 PM

Sorry R151. A solid majority of US women support all aspects of transwomen rights.

The right to marry, adopt, serve in the military, id pics that reflect their appearances, employment non discrimination protections, have insurance coverage for their trans medical needs & to use women's public bathrooms, & to identify as a woman even if they were born male, etc.

This video below was 2 years ago & the issue has been settled in 90% of the country=

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2022 10:36 PM

^ That video was 2019 not 2020.

by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote] A solid majority of US women support all aspects of transwomen rights.

Another trans lie. No they do not.

by Anonymousreply 157January 10, 2022 11:27 PM

Proof R157?

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2022 11:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2022 11:45 PM

Youth polling =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2022 11:51 PM

Back in 2019, 54% of US women supported transgenders to use the bathroom that they identified with =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2022 11:53 PM

Define "transgender rights". What are "anti-transgender" laws?

Oh I know the ones that allow 14 year old girls to have their breasts removed without parental consent. Or the ones that allow puberty blockers. Or the ones that allow the age of medical consent to be lowered.

The T community plays this word game and then they put out these misleading and dishonest surveys.

Puleeze. GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2022 11:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 10, 2022 11:59 PM

Head tilt AND pearls....what a lady.

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2022 12:04 AM

There's gotta be somebody out there who's smart and quick enough to take this bitch down. I'm sick of seeing her.

by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2022 12:17 AM

[quote]A solid majority of US women support all aspects of transwomen rights.

No the hell we do not. Bitch, sit down.

Be humble.

by Anonymousreply 166January 11, 2022 4:05 AM

"A solid majority of US women support all aspects of transwomen rights."

You are living in a dream world. Women are so intimidated and fearful about this issue that they will say or do anything they have to when asked about it in a public setting. Do you really think a single mother, for example, would risk losing her job so she can bitch about a trans-identified male using the bathroom at her workplace? She'll bite her lip, seethe, and wait for the next election cycle.

As R162 pointed out, Trans, Inc. has been playing mind and word games with the general public, hoping to continue to make "smoke-filled room" deals on this for as long as possible, as quietly as possible. But they were only putting off the inevitable. See the video below for the reality that you can't avoid forever, R155.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 11, 2022 4:42 AM

[quote]A solid majority of US women support all aspects of transwomen rights.

Polls are notoriously subjective and agenda-driven. Such as those posted at R159 R160 R161. Not "misleading" or "dishonest" as asserted by R162, but rather structured and formulated to achieve the desired outcome, in this instance, to provide a fait accompli for "trans" agenda.

by Anonymousreply 168January 11, 2022 4:54 AM

Ugly man

by Anonymousreply 169January 11, 2022 5:25 AM

And, don't forget that they've glommed onto the gay rights movement. Most people aren't as aware of what is going on as we here are so when a woman in the general public is asked about T she goes immediately to gay rights because LGBT. Women have always supported gay rights more than men and the T are now using it against them and us.

by Anonymousreply 170January 11, 2022 8:06 AM

R167 A sports memo is your comeback?

by Anonymousreply 171January 11, 2022 9:19 AM

R168 The bottom line is the farthest part of the right wing would love to ban ALL trans rights like they did with same sex marriage at the federal lever back in the 90s.

The fact that Trumpy had the WH & a R majority Congress & couldn't roll back any trans rights except for a lame "their medical bills are too expensive so they have to go" argument to ban trans troops (with a solid majority of voters against it in EVERY poll) shows you that they have moved on to CRT & illegals to rally their voters. The fact that Biden reversed the trans military ban without a single outcry from the repubs in Congress shows that trans rights are moving forward on every issue. The sports thing won't be any different. Time is on their side. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 172January 11, 2022 9:27 AM

Time is not on their side r172. There has been a backlash in the UK that is picking up steam, and it is slowly happening here in the US, as well. It's not going to change the minds of gender fanatics though.

They've ridden the coattails of gay men and lesbians for long enough.

It's gone exactly as predicted. From claiming trans women are women (gender) to claiming trans women biologically become th female sex and are literally no different from women, to wanting to have all the things women have.

Public support for a lot of trans movement demands that encroach on existing sex-based rights goes away once people realize that only something like 10% of trans have gender change operations. When people realize these are fully intact men with functional penises, they give a markedly different response.

So bring on the male swimmers self identifying as women and beating women in competitions that were never designed for men vs. women. All that is doing is peaking more people.

The way trans activism works is that the less you know the better for them. That's why the "no debate!!" mantra, the bullying, cancelling, death threats etc. As more of this is exposed and more women realize their rights are being stripped away, the more pushback there will be.

by Anonymousreply 173January 11, 2022 9:54 AM

R168 is correct. Can you imagine the numbers if polls asked questions like, "Should a 14-year-old trans-identified girl be allowed to proceed with a mastectomy against the wishes of her parents?" rather than "Do trans children deserve compassionate medical treatment?" Or "Should trans-identified males be allowed to compete against female athletes?" rather than "Do trans people have the right to participate in athletics?" People don't even know what they're being asked.

by Anonymousreply 174January 11, 2022 2:43 PM

[quote] Polls are notoriously subjective and agenda-driven . . . Not "misleading" or "dishonest" . . . but rather structured and formulated to achieve the desired outcome, in this instance, to provide a fait accompli for "trans" agenda.

Not to beat a dead horse, but how the hell is what you described NOT misleading or dishonest. That's exactly what you described. Misleading and dishonest.

Seriously the word games will be the death of us.

by Anonymousreply 175January 11, 2022 2:55 PM

R155, maybe so, but so much of it is based on misconceptions, thinking that trans and intersex are the same, etc. The idea of woman-attracted trans women who do not have any intersex characteristics joining women’s spaces will be less appealing to the general population, and has only just started to happen or enter awareness. You’ll see a lot of well meaning people online trying to defend trans biological reality simply by stating the existence of intersex/DSD people, not realizing those are two separate groups of people. Even a lot of the older studies done a couple decades ago on male-attracted trans women were done on people with DSD, inability to process androgens, ambiguous sexual development. So when you read about trans issues those studies come up, but people identifying as trans today are much more likely to be women attracted trans women or male attracted trans men, and the studies do not show the same characteristics as for people who used to identify as transgender.

by Anonymousreply 176January 11, 2022 4:02 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 177January 11, 2022 4:33 PM

I'm happy for 'her' and all, but I'm ready for her to move on. I'm ready for all ongoing contestants to move-on after being there so long. It gets to a point where you're only watching to see a new millionaire rack up dollars every night, and that does nothing for me.

I am interested, however, in the whole, "I'm a woman with a girlfriend" thing. I don't deny their right to do it and respect it of course, I'm just curious how that works. If the girlfriend is attracted to him as a woman, or if he performs as a man in bed, (if he has a penis). It sounds so complicated. Anyway, good for her. I hope she works on the hairline and in selecting lady clothing.

by Anonymousreply 178January 11, 2022 5:13 PM

[quote] I'm just curious how that works. If the girlfriend is attracted to him as a woman, or if he performs as a man in bed, (if he has a penis). It sounds so complicated.

Usually they had the girlfriend before they transitioned and the girlfriend is just sticking around. No, she’s not attracted to him as a woman and nothing changes in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 179January 11, 2022 5:52 PM

In this case, the gf is likely gay/bi

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2022 6:32 PM

Why would the gf all of a sudden become gay/bi if she wasn’t before?

by Anonymousreply 181January 11, 2022 7:01 PM

She's a MAN. Ugly AF.

by Anonymousreply 182January 11, 2022 7:13 PM

I infer the gf arrived on the scene after Amy did away with her boy-bits, R181.

The wife of tran writer Jan Morris (dead name James), stayed with him to the end as a partner.

by Anonymousreply 183January 11, 2022 7:33 PM

She's slipping. The past two nights she's lost Final Jeopardy and lost huge chunks of what she could've earned (though she still wins anyway). If she keeps playing like this, it won't be long before somebody gets lucky because she bets too much in a Final Jeopardy round where she doesn't know the answer and puts herself in 2nd place by doing it.

But most of the people she plays with seem to be complete morons. It's almost like they rig it by choosing complete idiots they know can't beat her.

by Anonymousreply 184January 13, 2022 4:04 AM

I think it has to do with covid limiting the available talent pool.

by Anonymousreply 185January 13, 2022 12:51 PM

[quote]It's almost like they rig it by choosing complete idiots they know can't beat her.

R184, I have learned, and been amazed, that the trans movement is like a steamroller. It has had astounding success in such a short amount of time, unlike any other civil rights or LGBT issue we've ever seen. I think eventually, history will look back at this as a lesson to learn. And while I doubt Jeopardy! would attempt to throw the competition, I wouldn't be shocked that there's at least a little truth to your question. Again, the entire trans thing seems to have captured near-universal acceptance and embracement by the power establishment. It's not so far-fetched that they would be supporting an agenda by assisting this contestant. But I doubt that's the truth. I hope.

by Anonymousreply 186January 13, 2022 5:38 PM

If you’re so smart, R34, you’d know that the plural of “campus” is not “ “campi.” 😂

by Anonymousreply 187January 16, 2022 1:53 PM

Amy's success has helped Ken Jennings a lot as host.

More people tune in when there's a big winning streak like this, and Ken is associated with it now.

Mayim Bialik is fine as a host, but I think Jennings is the long-term keeper.

And I don't like them alternating hosts.

(And I feel more comfortable watching with a man at the helm.)

by Anonymousreply 188January 16, 2022 1:59 PM

I hope Amy's reign of terror ends this week.

by Anonymousreply 189January 16, 2022 2:00 PM

[Quote]Women are so intimidated and fearful about this issue that they will say or do anything they have to when asked about it in a public setting.

Gosh, why do so many men want to be women these days? Everything one hears about them makes them look so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 190January 16, 2022 2:33 PM

You can tell this thread is filled with Nancies who don’t follow sports. “Winningest” is not an unusual word, especially with regard to coaches or those competing in individual sports.

by Anonymousreply 191January 16, 2022 2:45 PM

R155 that was the "we just want to pee" phase. This wss where everyone was on board still. Have you been living under a rock since?

by Anonymousreply 192January 16, 2022 4:36 PM

The end of Amy tonight. Her reign as Queen of Jeopardy has ended.

by Anonymousreply 193January 26, 2022 10:39 PM

"Sorry [R151]. A solid majority of US women support all aspects of transwomen rights"

I bet a solid majority of women also do not realize that the designation of "transgender" requires no biological changes and can be based on a personal feeling In other words, a guy with no hormonal or surgical treatment can declare himself a woman and that's all the newer laws require. If they knew that, their answer would change in many cases.

However, Jeopardy has no female or male prizes, and 21 wins is an impressive streak which most people would not be able to match. Congratulations to anyone achieving such success.

by Anonymousreply 194January 27, 2022 12:06 AM

She lost to a librarian like James Holzhauer did, but a creepy ass librarian with yellow glasses and a face you'd see on a sex offender registry. Shame Amy went out to this bozo. I bet he loses tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 195January 27, 2022 12:07 AM

What other categories defined by biology and material reality can one "identify" into and out of?

by Anonymousreply 196January 27, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote]Amy Schneider’s 21st win in a row makes her the show’s winningest woman

Amy Schneider’s 21st win in a row makes her the show’s winningest "woman".

by Anonymousreply 197January 27, 2022 12:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 27, 2022 12:21 AM

It looks like the guy who defeated Amy was a 1-day wonder. He lost already on his 2nd game.

by Anonymousreply 199January 27, 2022 9:48 PM

[quote] The end of Amy tonight. Her reign as Queen of Jeopardy has ended.

KING!

by Anonymousreply 200January 27, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote] It looks like the guy who defeated Amy was a 1-day wonder. He lost already on his 2nd game.

Please describe in detail the thrill you get from ruining things for the vast majority of people who haven't seen it until much later?

by Anonymousreply 201January 27, 2022 10:40 PM

Where can I watch this? It seems Jeopardy is the only show you have to watch live as it’s not streaming anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 202January 27, 2022 10:40 PM

You can watch it later in the evening on YouTube, R202. Daily episodes are available there for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 203January 27, 2022 11:03 PM

[quote] It looks like the guy who defeated Amy was a 1-day wonder. He lost already on his 2nd game.

The same thing happened to the person who beat James Holthauser. They lost the next game, after beating James.

by Anonymousreply 204January 27, 2022 11:04 PM

Few winners keep up the momentum for long. Thank god.

by Anonymousreply 205January 27, 2022 11:34 PM

Poor Amy.

by Anonymousreply 206January 28, 2022 10:41 PM

R206, With $1.3 million?

by Anonymousreply 207January 29, 2022 12:29 AM

$630k goes to taxes.

by Anonymousreply 208January 29, 2022 2:41 AM

In an interview with Billy Bush yesterday, Amy said she's already bought some designer clothing with the money.

by Anonymousreply 209January 29, 2022 4:34 AM

Amy signed with CAA today.

by Anonymousreply 210January 29, 2022 4:34 AM

Did Billy Bush grab her by the pussy?

by Anonymousreply 211January 29, 2022 4:35 AM

R211, He tried, but he couldn't find it.

by Anonymousreply 212January 29, 2022 5:34 AM

James, Matt and Amy can't deduct most of the CA local tax on that money under the Republican tax law in effect ($10K ceiling).

by Anonymousreply 213January 29, 2022 11:42 AM

So she is a he?

by Anonymousreply 214January 29, 2022 11:54 AM

Welcome back, Rip VanWinkle @ R214.

by Anonymousreply 215January 29, 2022 9:20 PM

She's got a penis, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 216February 1, 2022 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!