Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Life Goes On: How Painfully Bad? No Poll Needed. It Was That Bad

Share your hatred for this shite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2022 12:10 PM

If Patti LuPone had really been the mother of a mongoloid, she would have beaten him like a gong. You know it and I know it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 29, 2021 3:50 AM

I think this is a show we should celebrate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 29, 2021 3:54 AM

I ♥️ Corky!

by Anonymousreply 3December 29, 2021 3:54 AM

Wow. Corky received a Golden Globe nomination for the show! Besides Madonna’s win for Evita, this is the most stereotypical GG’s bullshit nomination ever.

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2021 3:58 AM

Kellie Martin and Chad Lowe ran off with the show in the last few seasons. They made it as good as My So-Called Life almost.

by Anonymousreply 5December 29, 2021 4:00 AM

The girl who played Corky's girlfriend was such a cunt. Patti should have suffocated her.

I can still hear that girl being annoying, "Charles, let's do it my way." "Charles, I want a golden ticket now!"

by Anonymousreply 6December 29, 2021 4:00 AM

Do you think they'll turn it into a musical so Patti can perform the role of Libby Thatcher again on Broadway?

"Mainstream!: The Musical"

by Anonymousreply 7December 29, 2021 4:04 AM

I”’mmmm Korrrkey

by Anonymousreply 8December 29, 2021 4:09 AM

I hate watched this show in the 80's. I can't remember a single plot line.

by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote] I ♥️ Corky!

Are you that big, fat retard person who married Corky?

by Anonymousreply 10December 29, 2021 4:14 AM

[quote] Besides Madonna’s win for Evita, this is the most stereotypical GG’s bullshit nomination ever.

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2021 4:15 AM

Has this show ever been syndicated? I was too young for it. Because I've never seen it appear on cable stations. I've seen plenty of other 80s and early 90s sitcoms that were reran to death. Some DL thread mentioned how poorly most 80s and 90s sitcoms did in syndication besides Seinfeld, Friends and Full House.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2021 4:32 AM

It wasn't a sitcom, r12. It was an hour-long family drama. Those are rarely syndicated the way sitcoms are.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2021 5:58 AM

All I remember about this show now is how Patti hated the actor who played her husband.

Does this bitch get along with anybody?

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2021 6:01 AM

All I remember, aside from Corky, was sexy Chad Lowe had AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2021 6:03 AM

Sounds like moralistic and saccharine 80s/90s fluff abound with PSAs.

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2021 6:10 AM

Petty LuPony has repeatedly bitched about her experience on this show both in her interviews and her memoirs. One minute she'll be boasting about being a working actress. A trained actress who went to Juilliard who just goes where the work is.

The next minute she reverts to her usual cunty self and complains about how doing a TV show is hard work and how long the shoots used to last and how she hated her costar. She also claimed that TV sitcoms were an easy job because the episodes would get taped far more quickly.

Of course if LuPony had ever been part of the main cast in a sitcom she would have been a cunt about that too. Probably moaned about how she is a trained theatuh actress who treats every take as a different live experience and cannot play the scene the same way twice.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote]Of course if LuPony had ever been part of the main cast in a sitcom she would have been a cunt about that too.

Had she just been ten years older, given the love for starring Broadway stars in unfunny sitcoms in the 1970s, she might have played Ann Romano!

She would have been so much more convincing as an Italian-American angry mother than Bonnie Franklin--and when she slapped Alex, he would have STAYED slapped!

by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2021 6:21 AM

Those red rimmed glasses worn by the smart mouth kid (not so smart, really)...those were almost as bad as the painful overacting of Splatty.

Almost....

by Anonymousreply 19December 29, 2021 5:33 PM

The way the other tard said Charlllshshshsh made me want to do....let's just say bad things.

by Anonymousreply 20December 29, 2021 6:13 PM

Kellie Martin was good in this. She hadn't much to work with, but she was good. She has always reminded me of Sally Field quite a bit.

This show was ghastly. I'm sure La LuPone was over it early on. She did sing the hell out of the theme song, though. Sang like someone was holding a gun to her head, just wails her way through it.

I like the work Jamie Brewer does way better than Corky. Jamie Brewer worked with Jessica Lange in the first season of "American Horror Story" as though there was nothing to it at all. She really held her own with her in their scenes. And then on the third season of "American Horror Story" she worked well with La LuPone (as I call her).

by Anonymousreply 21December 29, 2021 8:12 PM

The dad and his cleft chin were hot.

by Anonymousreply 22December 29, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote] She did sing the hell out of the theme song, though.

Wasn’t that The Beatles?

by Anonymousreply 23December 29, 2021 11:48 PM

R23, yes, Paul McCartney wrote that song. It was one of the reasons John wanted to break up the band, because Paul had started writing "songs for old ladies".

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2021 12:18 AM

The theme song is Patti being the person in any singalong that doesn’t get the “along” part. She’s the person in the audience when an artist asks the audience to participate at a concert who you can hear above everyone else who is singing along as an impromptu choir. That person takes it as a personal invite to do a solo and has to out sing everyone.

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2021 12:35 AM

R25, the other cast members were intimidated to have to sing with Patti. In this "Life Goes On" reunion interview with Kellie, Patti, and Chris, the three actors talk about making the theme song at7:23, and the interviewers try to make them sing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2021 12:46 AM

Thanks, r26. There's like three lines in that song and Petty couldn't remember them?!

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2021 2:56 AM

It’s time for a remake!!!

Kelly, Patti, and Corky- cuz we broke and don’t get residuals

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2021 3:08 AM

It was fine for Sunday TV while doing homework.

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2021 3:11 AM

It played opposite 60 Minutes, so I never watched.

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2021 3:21 AM

In English 1A, we had to write our first paper on a controversial topic in the media. I wrote about Madonna’s “Erotica” video (and got an A). We had to announce our topic/subject to the class. One chick, named Cynthia, who had really bad asthma & dressed like an Eskimo, announced that she was writing about “a show with the kid who has an extra chromosome.” The professor seemed puzzled, but okayed it. It turned out this was the controversial show! I don’t think she got a good grade; I was the only A in the class, the teacher was tough!

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2022 4:04 AM

I watched this show, but like the other poster, barely remember anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 4:09 AM

When dad is away, I am the boss!

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 4:10 AM

R4 Madonna was quite good in Evita, yes she’s usually a terrible actress but she was good in this, in fact she was considered a shoo in for an Oscar nomination, when she wasn’t nominated it was a pretty big deal in the media, Siskel & Ebert even called out the Academy for snubbing her

So it wasn’t really considered “crazy”, when she won the Golden Globe for Evita

The history rewriters on Datalounge always crack me up…

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 4:33 AM

NBC has ordered a sequel. May lead to a sequel series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2022 4:36 AM

I was a young teen when this was on, I would see through it more watching it as an adult. But I did always question why plain jane Becca always got the guys, it wasn't realistic to my 14 year old self.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2022 4:38 AM

It was still better than that whiny straight white middle class crap show called thirtysomthing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 4:43 AM

I remember the AIDS storyline. Becca fell in love with Jesse (played by Chad Lowe) but he had AIDS (contracted from a female) so they could never have sex or get married. It was considered a groundbreaking subject for a tv series at the time. Chad Lowe won an Emmy for his role as Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2022 4:50 AM

DAT’S A SUCK JOB

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2022 4:52 AM

Well some people disagree with you OP.

Like that ones that are responsible for this reboot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2022 4:59 AM

R12 There are a lot of 80 sitcoms that did good in syndication besides those three. Three’s Company, Golden Girls, Cosby, Family Ties, Cheers, Whose the Boss, Mash, Facts of Life. You get the point.

But yes, Life Goes On wasn’t one of them. It isn’t so much that it has done bad in syndication, it is that is hasn’t been shown much in syndication. It wasn’t on Nick at Night, TBS, Lifetime, or or any other channel that was big with getting syndication shows popular. It currently isn’t on MeTV.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2022 5:10 AM

R38 it’s also virtually impossible to get AIDS from a woman, a vagina giving a penis AIDS?

THink about that

It can and has happened but extremely rare

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2022 5:10 AM

R12 you do realize that Life Goes On wasn’t a sitcom?

It was a one hour family drama series

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2022 5:12 AM

Similar to other posters above, I remember watching this regularly, but remember almost nothing about it. I do remember cracking jokes about it. guess that was my motivation for tuning in.

But, oh my, yes, R37. I had and still have an irrational, seething level of hated for 30 Something. Insufferable bunch of shit bags, and their stupid "stories".

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2022 5:33 AM

"30 Something" would have benefited from Patti joining the cast and ending each episode with a selection from the musical theater canon.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2022 5:39 AM

I hated this show when I was a kid. Retards creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2022 5:39 AM

R46 You sound like a brain addled idiot from the 70s. Retard? Do you use ethnic slurs as well? Go away to the presenting hole threads. That is where immature guttersnipes such as yourself belong....OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2022 5:47 AM

Ancient fucktard ^

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2022 5:59 AM

The show was alright. Patti and Kellie were good in this. Pity that I found out today from this board that Patti sounds like a bit of a pill.

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2022 6:43 AM

Patti is a whole bottle of pills.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2022 11:25 AM

I'd love to see a blooper reel from this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2022 12:03 PM

Needed a laugh track.

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2022 12:07 PM

Reboot's a comin"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2022 12:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!