Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“3 In The Attic” (1968) - have you seen it?

I just rewatched “Once Upon a Time… In Hollywood” and Cliff Booth is watching TV in his trailer when the commercial for “3 In The Attic” comes on. I decided to look it up and it’s available on Paramount+, and I’m loving it. It’s almost like a time capsule from 1968, and ahead of its time.

The synopsis

“When three coeds discover that the campus Casanova is dating them all at once, they lock him up in an attic and take turns having sex with him... to drain the stud of his potency.”

It’s very interesting, especially because in 1968 the censors had just changed so this film would have been banned just a short few years prior because of its salacious subject, as well as an interracial hookup.

It’s an interesting watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 12, 2022 8:00 PM

I’ll watch it naked!

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2021 10:25 PM

The full film is on YouTube also.

The lead, Christopher Jones, was a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2021 10:25 PM

OUATIH also used the song from this movie for its soundtrack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2021 10:31 PM

Tarantino has a thing for Yvette mimieux. I’m surprised she hasn’t turned up in a cameo yet.

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2021 10:34 PM

R4 she looked like Sharon Tate in this film.

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2021 10:46 PM

I laughed when it came to the third chick, the Jewish brunette who ends up not wanting to hook up with him after he gets the motel room, so he tells her he’s “queer as a three dollar bill” and says something about him being like this since his old coach… and then she feels for him and fucks him to help him not be queer. You then hear a voice over that says “thank God for the fa**ots”.

As bad as it is, I laughed. It’s definitely a time capsule to a different time.

by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2021 10:49 PM

The lead male is hot. Very tall, lean and handsome. Looks a lot like Darrell Jones.

by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2021 11:31 PM

I just read about Chris Jones, and he lived a hard life. Poor guy.

He died at 72 in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2021 11:35 PM

The movie was filmed on the campus of my alma mater, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

I never was so proud to be a Tar Heel.

by Anonymousreply 9December 28, 2021 11:55 PM

R4 funny you say that, Tarantino seemed to have a thing for Chris Jones too. He even offered him a role in Pulp Fiction, which he rejected.

by Anonymousreply 10December 28, 2021 11:59 PM

R9 that’s so cool. Someone on YouTube found the filming locations.

Olivia Hussey said that he was physically abusive to her and raped her while they were together.

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2021 12:04 AM

R9 here is the guy who found the filming location. He’s annoying and talks too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2021 12:10 AM

This is crying out for a remake.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2021 12:28 AM

R13 John Tucker Must Die

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2021 1:27 AM

OP, I'm intrigued simply because of the way you discovered it. How interesting. I'm gonna check it out.

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2021 2:11 AM

R15 ha yes. I looked it up after watching to see if it was really something and found it.

It’s during this scene. You can see it around 1:20. The original tv spot trailer comes on. This was coming out or out when this takes place.

Tarantino did a great job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2021 2:20 AM

What is with Hollywood shoving this woke, virtue-signalling, SJW, BLM bullshit down our throats? News flash: there is no way these white co-eds would be associating with a black girl in 1968.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2021 2:50 AM

The music from the film

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2021 3:01 AM

Chris and Bette...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 29, 2021 3:08 AM

Eunice the lovely black student is a transfer from Howard U. She hated being there because the students there were either Black Militants or the “whitest” black people on earth, with “as much soul as a toilet plunger”. So if Howard was really anything like that, it was filled with radicals or whitewashed black people.

by Anonymousreply 20December 29, 2021 3:09 AM

Chris was married to Lee Strasberg’s daughter, until she left him because he was a mess. They had two kids together. He also hooked up with Sharon Tate and quit acting for years after her murder, and dated Olivia Hussey, who in recent years spoke about how abusive he was and said he raped her, which led her to finally leave him.

He ended up addicted to drugs on the strip before cleaning up, getting married again and having 5 more kids. He was an artist and sculptor and lived by the beach. He died in 2014 from cancer.

by Anonymousreply 21December 29, 2021 3:14 AM

From IMDb

Christopher Jones was a brief cult star of the late '60s counterculture era and a would-be rebel successor to James Dean had he wanted it. Born William Franklin Jones amid rather impoverished surroundings to a grocery clerk in Jackson, Tennessee, in 1941, his artist mother had to be institutionalized when Chris was 4. She died in a mental facility in 1960, and this was always to haunt him. He shifted back and forth between homes and orphanages and was placed in Boys Town at one point to straighten out his life.

Chris joined the service as a young adult but went AWOL just two days later. After serving out his time on Governor's Island for this infraction, he moved to New York and studied painting, meeting a motley crew of actors and artists. Friends were startled by his moody nature and uncanny resemblance to the troubled Dean and he was encouraged to audition for the Actors Studio. He was accepted and eventually won the Broadway role of Pancho in "The Night of the Iguana" in 1961. Chris wound up marrying acting coach Lee Strasberg's daughter, Susan Strasberg, in 1965, but his erratic behavior would send her packing after three years and two children.

Chris's brooding good looks and undeniable charisma led him straight to Hollywood and, following a few TV episodic parts, earned the title film role of Chubasco (1968) co-starring then-wife Susan. He then earned cult stardom in Wild in the Streets (1968) as Max Frost, a rock star who becomes president. This popular satire, in turn, led another movie satire as the college boy Lothario in the interracial sex triangle Three in the Attic (1968) and such distinguished international projects as The Looking Glass War (1970), Jardines de España (1957) and Ryan's Daughter (1970). But the trappings of success quickly got to him.

Numerous entanglements with the Hollywood "in crowd" eventually took their toll, including those with Pamela Courson (Jim Morrison's girlfriend at the time), the ill-fated Sharon Tate, one-time co-star Pia Degermark, and Olivia Hussey. Not only did his volatile relationships with directors also leave him depressed, but his personal life remained in constant turmoil. Morrison's early drug-related death and Tate's particularly brutal murder hit him particularly hard and led to a breakdown.

Chris split the Hollywood scene altogether to regain himself but instead ended up a victim of the Sunset Strip drug culture for a time. He eventually cleaned up his act and two subsequent relationships led to five more children. He also turned to painting and sculpting as creative outlets and lived the Southern California beach scene. Little was heard until decades later when Quentin Tarantino offered him a part in Pulp Fiction (1994). The now reclusive and eccentric Jones turned down a role in that, but later decided to take on a cameo part in friend Larry Bishop's crime comedy-drama Mad Dog Time (1996) a couple of years later. This proved to be his only return to acting. Chris died of gall bladder cancer in 2014 at age 72.

by Anonymousreply 22December 29, 2021 3:18 AM

Can someone just post the male nudity parts? I don't want to watch the entire movie.

by Anonymousreply 23December 29, 2021 3:47 AM

Christopher Jones and Olivia Hussey later moved into the house on Cielo Drive.

by Anonymousreply 24December 29, 2021 3:50 AM

R24 which shows how twisted he was. And her to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 25December 29, 2021 3:58 AM

Christopher Jones and Olivia Hussey later moved into the house on Cielo Drive.

Yes. I read it was in September of 1969. You must massive have brass balls to move there right after that happened.

by Anonymousreply 26December 29, 2021 4:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 29, 2021 4:29 AM

whoopsie .... *You must HAVE massive brass balls

Interesting story. I guess Jones was really a mess/ fuck-up. He's so hot in that Daily Mail pic. Thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 28December 29, 2021 4:38 AM

R6 - that's hilarious. I don't have much interest in this film, but would love to see that scene.

by Anonymousreply 29December 29, 2021 5:38 AM

I thought he was good in the John le carre adaptation of “looking glass war” alongside Anthony Hopkins.I then read that he was dubbed by another actor, but really I couldn’t tell at all. The dubbing must have been good. He was playing a polish defector.

The film paired him at various times with Susan George and Pia Degermark, two it girls of the late 60s and 70s like Hussey. In fact Chris was most publicly involved with Degermark who left acting shortly afterwards despite winning best actress award at Cannes for “Elvira madigan”.

I wonder if her relationship with Chris caused her to leave the spotlight early.

All these personalities intrigue me. Chris was very handsome for sure and seemed to have a lot of promise and reminds me somewhat of Mark Frechette another actor of the late 60s who had a tragic demise. Something about that era.

by Anonymousreply 30December 29, 2021 7:03 AM

They wanted to make Chris the successor to James Dean. He had a fucked up life and was moody and attractive, but unlike Dean, he could care less about fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 31December 29, 2021 12:16 PM

R29 here. Skip to the 35 minute mark. The scene after he’s on the phone is him and Janet in the motel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 29, 2021 12:34 PM

God he was pretty. Was so Hussey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 29, 2021 1:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 29, 2021 1:22 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actor who reminded me of James Dean as much as him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 29, 2021 1:23 PM

Wild in the Streets!

by Anonymousreply 36December 29, 2021 1:33 PM

A drug addicted gigolo? I bet some of you whores would have hired him if he accepted male clientele.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 29, 2021 1:33 PM

A 1984 interview where he joins. Skip to the 16 minute mark. He was now in his 40s and you can tell a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 29, 2021 1:42 PM

R36 the trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 29, 2021 2:00 PM

His performance in “Ryan’s Daughter” was terrific. His final performance before he decided to quit acting, while he was on the up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 29, 2021 2:06 PM

“3 In Front of My Salad” would be the title of a gay reimagining that we could probably live without.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 29, 2021 2:11 PM

He had a hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 42December 29, 2021 2:51 PM

I wonder if he really had an affair with Sharon Tate, or if it was just some weird obsession with him.

Also, Sarah Miles having him unwittingly drugged for their love scene in Ryan’s daughter—what a horrible thing to do. It would land you in prison nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 43December 29, 2021 3:59 PM

Whether the affair is true or not doesn’t change that he was friends with Tate and Polanski.

Why would he be obsessed with Tate? His blooming career was far more promising than hers.

by Anonymousreply 44December 29, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote] Chris and Bette R19

No, that is Bette Davis and Michael Parks in a "Perry Mason" episode.

[quote]God he was pretty. Was so Hussey R33

That is Leonard Whiting, Hussey's "Romeo & Juliet" co-star.

by Anonymousreply 45December 29, 2021 5:39 PM

Jones was dubbed in Ryan's Daughter as well as he couldn't do a British accent. His performance is quite bad actually, like he's semi-comatose.

by Anonymousreply 46December 29, 2021 5:43 PM

I disagree. He gave a lovely performance with his expressions and eyes.

R45 that is not Leonard.

by Anonymousreply 47December 29, 2021 5:48 PM

R45 he starred in a Broadway show with Better Davis and Shelley Winters. That was his first acting gig straight out of the Actors Studio.

by Anonymousreply 48December 29, 2021 5:49 PM

Bette just couldn't compete with Better.

by Anonymousreply 49December 29, 2021 5:55 PM

Shelley is the one who helped him get his foot in Hollywood after working with him on Broadway. Within months he was starring in his own TV show and all.

by Anonymousreply 50December 29, 2021 6:30 PM

R47 I do think that is Leonard because Chris was hotter.

by Anonymousreply 51December 29, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote]he starred in a Broadway show with Better Davis and Shelley Winters. That was his first acting gig straight out of the Actors Studio.

That's nice, but the photo posted is Michael Parks in an episode of "Perry Mason" "The Case Of The Constant Doyle", it wasn't hard to find, I just Googled Bette Davis and Micheal Parks and here is another shot with Bette with the same hairstyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 29, 2021 6:58 PM

R46 his character in Ryan's Daughter is a soldier suffering from PTSD or 'shell-shocked' as they said back in the day

by Anonymousreply 53December 29, 2021 7:07 PM

OP also from 1968 The Touchables a British film released by 20th Century Fox and originally released with an X rating. 4 girls kidnapped a pop star and take him to an island with the idea of fornicating until he drops dead from exhaustion, but he's a heartier lad than they had in mind. Like 3 in the Attic one of the girls is black. The four girls look like the Spice Girls!

by Anonymousreply 54December 29, 2021 7:22 PM

The Touchables was shown on TCM a few years back and Joanna Lumley is a fan.

by Anonymousreply 55December 29, 2021 7:27 PM

R54 thanks. I will have to check that one out!

by Anonymousreply 56December 29, 2021 7:43 PM

R36 as per The NY Times Chubasco (what a title!) opened on the bottom half of a double bill with Dracula Has Risen from the Grave.

by Anonymousreply 57December 29, 2021 7:46 PM

R35 ^

by Anonymousreply 58December 29, 2021 7:47 PM

R57 huh?

by Anonymousreply 59December 29, 2021 7:59 PM

“Thank God for faggots”

Imagine that line being included in a film today lmao

by Anonymousreply 60December 29, 2021 7:59 PM

Oh wow, OP, one day last spring my sister in TX and I were chatting about the old obscure movies we loved to watch growing up, and she brought up your film. Doubt she's even seen it since the early 80s, but it's stuck with her all these years. She absolutely loved the film's conceit; and can quote whole pages of dialogue and recalls the way all the girls (sorry, *young ladies*) dressed and had their hair styled.

Texting her the link to this thread now.

by Anonymousreply 61December 29, 2021 8:00 PM

R61 let her know it’s on Paramount+

by Anonymousreply 62December 29, 2021 8:09 PM

R61 it's also available on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 63December 29, 2021 8:25 PM

Wild in the Streets full movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 29, 2021 8:42 PM

R33 isn’t that Leonard whiting- not Chris Jones.

by Anonymousreply 65December 29, 2021 8:58 PM

Ooh, whoever’s in r33 is beautiful. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 66December 29, 2021 9:04 PM

What a dark period for celebs the late 60s seemed to be.

by Anonymousreply 67December 29, 2021 10:14 PM

Jones was in "The Night of the Iguana" on Broadway with Winters, then they co-starred in the movie "Wild in the Streets". Jones, unrecognizable, attended WInters' 85th birthday party in 2005.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 29, 2021 10:24 PM

R38 what was going on in that clip when he got up? Was he angry at skip e lowe? He seemed high in that clip. And that drew Barrymore relative was a bit odd acting too.

by Anonymousreply 69December 29, 2021 10:33 PM

R69 it definitely seemed like he got upset after his ex-wife was brought up. He also looked uncomfortable. The entire interview is awkward and feels like something out of Boogie Nights, only it’s real and not a scripted film.

by Anonymousreply 70December 29, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote] In fact Chris was most publicly involved with Degermark who left acting shortly afterwards despite winning best actress award at Cannes for “Elvira Madigan”. I wonder if her relationship with Chris caused her to leave the spotlight early.

Pia left acting to marry a wealthy Swede in 1971: they had a son and led a jet-setting lifestyle until her husband's alcoholism caused her to divorce him in 1973. Her life was a downward spiral from then (severe anorexia; drug addiction; prison time for forging checks; homelessness; second son permanently removed from her care by social services, etc.), until she finally achieved sobriety in the late 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 71December 29, 2021 10:54 PM

Oh, fun, R62 & R63! Glad I returned to this thread and saw your posts.

TX sis returns home Friday for the funeral of Dad's last living sibling; we'll pull up the film and watch it over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 72December 30, 2021 1:32 AM

3 in the ass

by Anonymousreply 73December 30, 2021 3:38 AM

It sounds saucy.

by Anonymousreply 74December 30, 2021 3:51 AM

I wish I could have met Chris.

by Anonymousreply 75December 30, 2021 3:55 AM

R69 R70 They should have given him a chair and an ashtray! He's crouched and looks uncomfortable. The idiot host keeps asking the same question regarding what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 76December 30, 2021 4:57 AM

Well he wasn’t an actual guest, that’s why they didn’t have a chair for him r76. He was there with the Barrymore guy, sitting in the audience.

But they should have gotten him one but his face and body language changed when his ex-wife was brought up.

by Anonymousreply 77December 30, 2021 5:17 AM

The host should have kicked that hideous Barrymore out and let Chris take his seat. He was far more interesting, albeit drugged up.

by Anonymousreply 78December 30, 2021 5:35 AM

Him on his TV series

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 30, 2021 6:07 AM

ABC, 8:30pm on Monday nights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 30, 2021 6:08 AM

I bet his hole was pink.

by Anonymousreply 81December 31, 2021 1:32 AM

Stories like his always make me sad.

by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2022 2:39 AM

'3 in the Attic' star lovely Yvette Mimieux dies at 80

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2022 10:28 PM

RIP Yvette.

by Anonymousreply 84January 19, 2022 1:29 AM

I wanna rewatch this now. I enjoy these old movies that were pushing boundaries back then

by Anonymousreply 85June 16, 2022 3:52 PM

Love how handsome he was.

by Anonymousreply 86June 17, 2022 12:21 AM

"Amateurs..."

by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2022 4:11 AM

Nan Martin is very funny as the pipe smoking women's college dean, and Reva Rose (Lucy from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown off Broadway) is hysterical as the tattletale.

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2022 2:02 AM

[quote] Christopher Jones and Olivia Hussey later moved into the house on Cielo Drive.

Smart move. He probably got a heck of a discount on the purchase price

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2022 2:53 AM

R89 yes but it did not last long

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2022 3:18 PM

He reminded me of mark frechette from zabriskie point. He died young (aged 27), in a freak accident while In prison. Those two were both so good looking in a similar devil-may-care way and both seemed to be very troubled souls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 12, 2022 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!