Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How are things in NYC at the moment?

What’s it looking like for New Years?

by Anonymousreply 546March 27, 2022 10:02 AM

Yes, pls what’s the situation in NYC. Have been out of the country for a week and am supposed to fly back in Jan 2. Not sure that will be possible, but even if it is I wonder if it doesn’t make sense to extend my trip by a few days? Especially if NYC is effectively under lockdown

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2021 1:34 PM

I wouldn't say NY was under lockdown. Restaurants are open but it is quieter than normal. Plus there are long lines of people waiting to be tested for Covid. But I don't hear ambulances 24/7 so it does seem true that omicron is a mild Covid. I made the mistake of walking by the High Line and there seems to be plenty of tourists here.

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2021 1:40 PM

It's a flyover city.

by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2021 1:48 PM

There is absolutely no lockdown happening in NYC, and there never was. I don't know what people think "lockdown" means.

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2021 1:53 PM

Drive by shooting with 2 men fatally shot on street corner, a woman pushed onto subway tracks and another straphanger sliced, smash and grabs and fatal vehicular accidents. Everything seems back to normal

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2021 3:06 PM

It's true that with the final year of Trump in office and his lies over the pandemic, which caused its rapid spread all over the country in the first year of te crisis, caused a fragmentation and a breakdown that occurred not just in NYC but everywhere, with crime certainly certainy worse in cities Chicago and Philadelphia that are smaller than NYC.

R5, since she doesn't live in NYC, is attempting to suggest that the largest city is also the most dangerous; it isn't. I actually live here, and can always spot someone who doesn't, because they post the usual things that R5 posts. But for those who actually live here and know what they're talking about, one can trace the resurgence of the homeless and crime to the breakdown of a lot of institutions directly to the pandemic: the courts were closed, and more people were just let out, homeless shelter ceased to function, etc. The issue with crime in all American cities was, in fact, an offshoot of a catastrophic, contagious virus.

by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2021 3:21 PM

*with crime certainly worse in cities like Chicago and Philadelphia, which are smaller than NYC.

by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2021 3:23 PM

R6 it's still dangerous no matter who posts and no matter the reason why.

by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2021 3:24 PM

But it isn't, R8. I live in the heart of NYC and you live nowhere near NYC. So lie all you like, but lying doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 9December 28, 2021 3:26 PM

R9 Weehawken honey is right across the Hudson and 10 minutes to midtown with a view of the NY skyline. My office which is back to remote is on W46th Street.

by Anonymousreply 10December 28, 2021 3:29 PM

Uh-huh, honey R10--well, I happen to live a few blocks from West 46th Street. For all the crime that allegedly is rife in NYC (again, it isn't), that sure hasn't stopped rampant tourism and the traffic has come roaring back. So much for the death knell being constantly rung by people who don't live here. At any rate, OP was asking specifically about NYC in this new wave of COVID, brought on by MAGAts and the entitled stupids of the country.

by Anonymousreply 11December 28, 2021 3:31 PM

R11 play the blame game and while you are at it blame the 'catch and release' policy which is partly responsible for an increase in violent crime. Eric Adams was elected for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 12December 28, 2021 3:36 PM

R12, it isn't the blame game, it's facts. I already said the uptick in crime and homelessness is precisely because of the shutdown of the court system and general societal breakdown because of the pandemic and the way it was handled, and this is no more indicative of NYC than any other large city, and it isn't just cities, either. And I voted for Adams, honey--not because he was a shining candidate (he wasn't), but because he was essentially the only candidate.

by Anonymousreply 13December 28, 2021 3:40 PM

I feel and have always felt much safer in NYC than anywhere else. I've lived here for decades and that hasn't changed.

by Anonymousreply 14December 28, 2021 3:45 PM

R13=Mayor De Blahsio

by Anonymousreply 15December 28, 2021 3:48 PM

Cuomo has to turn over his book proceed$

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 28, 2021 3:56 PM

No, R15, I actually hated De Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 17December 28, 2021 3:58 PM

Sightings of an unhinged white woman with a mop of dirty blonde hair in her fifties prancing down the street in a puffy white dress and a really basic sweater. Witnesses describe her as having the face of a horse, and recklessly subjecting everyone to her drama causing a public safety concern. Suspect is described as extremely narcissistic - even making the institutionalized racism and oppression of an entire race of people about her. Recently her husband, a convicted rapist in the court of public opinion, died from mysterious circumstances. The public is warned to stay away.

by Anonymousreply 18December 28, 2021 4:02 PM

Yes there is no "lockdown", but things are quieter than normal. Some NYE events were cancelled, but many are as of right now are still planning to go on as normal.

And that poster who supposedly lives in Weehawken is best ignored, quit engaging with them.

by Anonymousreply 19December 28, 2021 4:04 PM

As was mentioned upthread, it is not now and has never been truly locked down here. And it was never as bad last year as some claimed.

It’s a little quieter outside right now but usually is the week between the holiday, and yes, there are long lines for Covid tests but that is likely the case in most big cities right now. Sure, we have crime and it’s increasing at the moment, but as also mentioned above, that is true of everywhere right now.

by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2021 4:08 PM

It's an essentially reactionary attitude toward not just NYC but any city, though NYC predictably gets the brunt of it from people who never liked the idea of NYC, much less the city itself--the distrust in a city that has its own culture, politics, economy (the actual ground zero of the world economy, on Wall Street), its own entertainment industry, its own publishing industry and tourism and historical significance. NYC has all that, but someone from Weehawken who, because they can see a portion of the city from their slice of New Jersey, or more likely even if they've never been to NYC at all, judge it with some kind of armchair morality, point to someone being shoved on the subway tracks on one tiny portion of the many thousands of miles of subway track, or report some "unhinged" person on a corner of the Upper West Side and say, there you see--that's all NYC, in spite of the fact that it's got five boroughs and eight million people.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2021 4:25 PM

last week 1 in 60 tested positive in Manhattan for Covid

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2021 4:53 PM

if you're a top it's happy hunting ground but if you're a bottom . . .

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2021 4:57 PM

R21 and you know all about Chicago and Philadelphia from your sliver of NYC

by Anonymousreply 24December 28, 2021 4:59 PM

Actually, R24, I'm from Philly and have relatives who still live there, so yeah. And I have a friend who lives in Chicago. Also, there's this thing called news.

by Anonymousreply 25December 28, 2021 5:03 PM

I wouldn't recommend buying a ticket to a Broadway show...

by Anonymousreply 26December 28, 2021 5:14 PM

and I have friends and coworkers who live in NY and live closer to and have a shorter commute to midtown west than those commuting from the Bronx, Queens and even Inwood. And as of September through last week was in NYC 2 days a week. Soooooooooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 27December 28, 2021 5:18 PM

R21 R25 ^

by Anonymousreply 28December 28, 2021 5:19 PM

They really need to cancel New Years

by Anonymousreply 29December 28, 2021 5:23 PM

And are they telling you they see rampant crime everywhere, R27? Have they seen people pushed onto subway tracks and did they have to duck during drive-by shootings and were they attacked by knife-wielding crazy people? Let's hear all about the outrageous lawlessness they're experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 30December 28, 2021 5:23 PM

Two days a week! R27 is an expert on NYC!

by Anonymousreply 31December 28, 2021 5:31 PM

Everyone finna DIE!

by Anonymousreply 32December 28, 2021 5:33 PM

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 33December 28, 2021 5:34 PM

R30 they can read like me and as many commute by subway they are concerned about the random, unprovoked attacks just like they were concerned about COVID and got vaccinated and wore masks even though they didn't know anyone personally who died from it.

by Anonymousreply 34December 28, 2021 5:36 PM

Ah, New York City, where all seems to breathe peace and freedom and makes one forget the rest of the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 35December 28, 2021 5:39 PM

Concerned about the random, unprovoked attacks they haven't experienced, R34? The kind they could experience in any other city or town or suburb?

by Anonymousreply 36December 28, 2021 5:39 PM

I'm concerned abiut the crime in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 37December 28, 2021 5:41 PM

R36 they live and work in NYC they aren't taking the subways in Philly!

by Anonymousreply 38December 28, 2021 5:42 PM

And nothing has happened to them in NYC on the subways or probably anywhere else in NYC, right, R38?

by Anonymousreply 39December 28, 2021 5:43 PM

and you have a friend who lives in Chicago R31 and that makes you an expert on Chicago?

by Anonymousreply 40December 28, 2021 5:44 PM

R39 how is your day going? How come you are not out and about enjoying NYC? I'm working. What's your excuse?

by Anonymousreply 41December 28, 2021 5:46 PM

A lot of places are really counting on the money they make NYE r29. New York has vaccine mandates, that has to be enough at this point. Covid isn't going away, we have to learn to live with it.

by Anonymousreply 42December 28, 2021 5:46 PM

It's fine OP. Like everyone who actually lives here has said - quieter than usual but completely fine. I got a COVID test this morning without an issue - there are no lines on the UES because everyone is away - if you need a PCR, come up here. Central Park has been pretty crowded. I walked from the UWS down to Battery Park on Sunday along the Hudson, it was sunny and people were out - lots of dogs and joggers - felt very normal.

I've also been to the theater in the last week - it was fine, everyone was masked and they check your vaccine status.

Still don't have COVID.

by Anonymousreply 43December 28, 2021 5:47 PM

I never said I was an expert on Chicago. Crime stats are published outside Chicago, however--just like they are everywhere else.

R41, though it might seem I must be bored if I'm talkng to you, I was out an hour ago. And you don't seem to be working. You seem to be arguing with me on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 44December 28, 2021 5:48 PM

R39 their chances of getting attacked, shot or struck by a vehicle is far greater than your chances of getting laid. U sound like a bossy, unfulfilled bottom from Park Slope.

by Anonymousreply 45December 28, 2021 5:49 PM

R43 What show did U see?

by Anonymousreply 46December 28, 2021 5:50 PM

R45, you sound like someone who can't win an argument.

by Anonymousreply 47December 28, 2021 5:51 PM

R43 your life seems fabulist!

by Anonymousreply 48December 28, 2021 5:51 PM

R47 says the person with 18 posts on this thread alone.

by Anonymousreply 49December 28, 2021 5:54 PM

What's that prove, R49? I'm not claiming I'm busily at work. People argue back and forth on DL all the time. As if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 50December 28, 2021 5:59 PM

R5 = Meghan McCain still trying it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2021 6:01 PM

I've never understood posters like R49, who actually take the time and effort to research how much you've posted, only then to say: A-ha! Look how much you've posted!

Arguments, back and forth--in short, pointless bitchery--is the backbone of DL. It's actually the point of DL--wasting time, arguing, gossiping. A thread taken up by 2 or 3 or 4 posters going at it sounds about right. What's the problem? People can always leave a thread if they want. Please go right ahead if you're so inclined, R49.

by Anonymousreply 52December 28, 2021 6:12 PM

R48 is "Former New Yorker", a deranged racist cunt who jerks off to crime scene photographs.

by Anonymousreply 53December 28, 2021 6:22 PM

I also find it hilarious he calls himself a former New Yorker when he supposedly lives in Weehawken. That's just an extension of NY, if you really hated it so much you can move to a Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 54December 28, 2021 6:42 PM

Is it still the creative heart of the country and the capital of the world?

by Anonymousreply 55December 28, 2021 6:52 PM

Given that he squeals "how fabulist" whenever some mentions they weren't raped at the local bodega, I doubt the cunt is any closer than Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 56December 28, 2021 6:52 PM

Hugh Jackman has tested positive, and THE MUSIC MAN is now dark until January 2.

by Anonymousreply 57December 28, 2021 6:55 PM

I left NYC two months into the pandemic and moved to Florida. No intention of going back. I was there for a week for work two weeks ago and it was a nightmare.

I’ve been relieved of having to define myself by living in NYC, which is what a few of the posters on this thread really need to work on.

I had fun, did my thing, but the NY that existed before Covid is gone. People that are still there delude themselves into thinking it’s the center of the universe because that gets them through the day.

Everything cultural that made NYC the epicenter of everything has been decimated by COVID. It is now an empty, dangerous shell of what it used to be.

I still have an apartment in Brooklyn. I’m thinking about selling. I’m keeping my eye on whether Adams can turn this all around but we’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 58December 28, 2021 7:23 PM

R58 Hear! Hear! as a former New Yorker, the city began to change for the worse years before COVID. Over built, crowded, noisy, invaded by corporate chains and the end of nightlife.

by Anonymousreply 59December 28, 2021 7:45 PM

R56 still stalking me?

by Anonymousreply 60December 28, 2021 7:46 PM

R54 a world away and I work in the city when not working remotely. A short commute that doesn't involve subways. It's cleaner, greener, quieter, safer, saner and more economical here. Many people who work in NYC live in Jersey City, Hoboken& Weehawken.

by Anonymousreply 61December 28, 2021 7:52 PM

They started enforcing the rule that no unvaccinated children are allowed in restaurants and the mommy bloggers are going ballistic. But it makes for great social media content so they're testing it in droves.

Leave your unvaccinated COVID vectors at home please.

by Anonymousreply 62December 28, 2021 7:53 PM

R57 Tested positive for COVID or HIV?

by Anonymousreply 63December 28, 2021 7:53 PM

I took loads from Rocco Steele. You ask me, R57!

by Anonymousreply 64December 28, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote]Everything cultural that made NYC the epicenter of everything has been decimated by COVID. It is now an empty, dangerous shell of what it used to be.

Culture must be really important to you if you moved to Florida.

by Anonymousreply 65December 28, 2021 7:57 PM

The 1978 "Fort Apache The Bronx" scenario R58 is trying to sell would only work on extremely naive people who've never been to NYC. Everything she says in her post is a lie, particularly painting NYC as a city destroyed by COVID.

Can I get a MARY, everyone?

R58, you were meant for Florida.

by Anonymousreply 66December 28, 2021 7:58 PM

R53 R56 do you have anything to say that is directly related to the topic or RU too busy calling everyone out who doesn't agree with your pathetic ass?

by Anonymousreply 67December 28, 2021 7:59 PM

R66 it's more gang related crime nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 68December 28, 2021 8:00 PM

Right, R68, sure it does. Keep moving the goal post, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 69December 28, 2021 8:02 PM

Hugh Jackman announced he has Covid. "Music Man" suspended until January 1st.

by Anonymousreply 70December 28, 2021 8:03 PM

R66 and granny you need to realize that crime comes to your neighborhood nowadays in BMWs, Mercedes and off-road vehicles.

by Anonymousreply 71December 28, 2021 8:04 PM

R66 you mean the culture of Disney, jukebox musicals and Mrs. Doubtfire and Beetlejuice?

by Anonymousreply 72December 28, 2021 8:06 PM

OP, they're too busy, too crazy. Too hot! Too cold! Too late, I'm sold again on NYC!

by Anonymousreply 73December 28, 2021 8:07 PM

Funny, R71, I live in the heart of NYC, right near Times Square. Never saw a drive-by. But you'd know, wouldn't you, Mary?

R72, beats Miami and Mar-A-Lago. But you do you.

by Anonymousreply 74December 28, 2021 8:08 PM

If you're so happy with your new life in Florida and am so happy to be out of NYC, if it's all so behind you, why are you here bitching about NYC?

by Anonymousreply 75December 28, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote]Funny, [R71], I live in the heart of NYC, right near Times Square.

Do you have any furniture?

Do the bright lights from your window reflect artistically off your tears when you sit in your apartment and play your guitar and think of how lonely you are because you're the only gay person in the entire city?

by Anonymousreply 76December 28, 2021 8:11 PM

R44 ever hear of remote work granny? It's getting very popular nowadays with those who want to save time and money on commutes and avoid potential danger on the subway and oh yes COVID! That's why so many high rises are empty as even companies are realizing it's a time and money saver.

by Anonymousreply 77December 28, 2021 8:12 PM

Anybody who's somebody is out of town, skiing in Gstaad or wherever.

Can't figure out if this year's tourist infestation is unusual in size or if I'm just not used to previous crowds. But they're here this week with a vengeance. Some masked, most not.

Home COVID testing kits are still quite scarce in drugstores. Lines around the block for on-the-street testing.

My midtown office closed for the week - not sure if other offices are following suit.

Tense but manageable.

by Anonymousreply 78December 28, 2021 8:16 PM

R72, no, I mean the culture of the Met and the MoMA, the Whitney, other kinds of theatre (there are other kinds), and great resturants, etc.

R77, poor thing, is ramblin and throwing her shit.

by Anonymousreply 79December 28, 2021 8:16 PM

R79 and when was you last visit to those beacons of culture? Any interesting exhibits? Many New Yorkers I know from work rarely see Broadway shows or go to Museums.

by Anonymousreply 80December 28, 2021 8:20 PM

R80, a couple weeks ago I went to the Jewish Museum, then after that went to the Met a little further down on Fifth Avenue, then the next week took friends from out of town to Rockefeller Center, and the little girl of my friend went skating. That was in the last 2 weeks before Christmas. And right before Christmas, I saw "Caroline, or Change."

So yeah, I do enjoy what NYC has to offer.

by Anonymousreply 81December 28, 2021 8:23 PM

I love NY.. If I can’t make it back to Europe any time soon then this is my go to place. This coming from Philadelphia which seems like a world away literally..

by Anonymousreply 82December 28, 2021 8:26 PM

And you're always welcome, R82, because you appreciate NYC, unlike the very bitter people here who hate NYC but can't quite stop hate-obsessing about it here.

by Anonymousreply 83December 28, 2021 8:28 PM

No shit many people who work in NYC live in Hudson county r61. I live in Hudson county. Its for all intents and purpose it is an extension of NY. If you hate NY, why haven't you moved to Florida like r57?

Clearly you love it here.

by Anonymousreply 84December 28, 2021 8:29 PM

R81 so do many visitors and tourists. Broadway Shows, MSG and Museums are filled with tourists and busloads of school kids. But you don't have to live in NY to enjoy it or visit and get cultured. Pre Covid tourism provide a $60B a year revenue for the city and kept hotels, theaters and restaurants packed. And he same applies to commuters who provided revenue for the MTA and kept parking lots and garages full and taxis and Ubers busy.

by Anonymousreply 85December 28, 2021 8:37 PM

R52 there's a lot you don't understand. Don't lose sleep over it!

by Anonymousreply 86December 28, 2021 8:39 PM

FWIW, I had no issues with getting my money back when Hamilton was canceled. It happened automatically and quickly.

And unlike Lawn Guyland mask and vaccination mandates are actually being enforced in the city.

by Anonymousreply 87December 28, 2021 8:40 PM

I was very worried about the increase in crime and happy when Adams won the Democratic primary. Things seem to have improved in the past 4 months.

The best thing about NYC is knowing people take covid seriously. You need to show vax cards to enter restaurants, theatres, etc. Please were masks indoors and most wear them on the street. There are very few people acting out on anti vax or mask beliefs (at least in Manhattan.) It makes me feel taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 88December 28, 2021 8:44 PM

....People wear masks...

by Anonymousreply 89December 28, 2021 8:45 PM

R71 do you live in an SRO like the one in Times Square that was seen on Twitter where the room had 1 window and that looked directly into a restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 90December 28, 2021 8:47 PM

Sure, Mary R86, deflect.

by Anonymousreply 91December 28, 2021 8:49 PM

" This coming from Philadelphia which seems like a world away literally.. "

Get the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 92December 28, 2021 8:55 PM

R25 I've heard about that thing called news and along with social media that's how I know about all subway mayhem, smash and grabs, anti-Asian attacks, vehicular homicides, drive-bys COVID, Hugh Jackman testing positive and the Apple stores in NY reopening but allowing only a limited number of customers in at a time.

by Anonymousreply 93December 28, 2021 8:56 PM

R84 in you limited purview is everything always either or?

by Anonymousreply 94December 28, 2021 8:58 PM

There's nothing unique to NYC on that list of yours, R93. All those things, including people testing positive, happen in other cities, even more so.

by Anonymousreply 95December 28, 2021 9:00 PM

And honestly, R93, if you have a problem with Apple stores limiting the number of customers they allow in at a time, then you're clearly on the side of MAGAts in the COVID war.

by Anonymousreply 96December 28, 2021 9:02 PM

R87 Lucky you! Hamilton was terrible. Tuneless, overpriced, over hyped and so overrated. Ain't Too Proud to Beg was far more entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 97December 28, 2021 9:03 PM

Next time, R87. Again, it's nice to hear you enjoy NYC and aren't some bitter person who thinks limiting the number of people in an Apple store at any one time is a crime against their entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 98December 28, 2021 9:06 PM

When I was a licensed NYC Tour Guide, the company I worked for forbid to refer to our customers as "tourists." Felt it was negative. Our customers were "visitors."

by Anonymousreply 99December 28, 2021 9:06 PM

So, folks, take it from people who actually live in NYC and who don't hate it: there are mask and/or vaccine mandates to go into places and that's mostly (not everywhere) enforced; the city is fairly bustling, especially right now (a little too bustling), and, being the largest city in the country and its being Christmastime with a lot of tourists and travelers coming through the city, COVID rates are rising--like they are everywhere.

New York City is fine. She sends her love--but stay home this New Year's, please.

by Anonymousreply 100December 28, 2021 9:16 PM

And if you hate NYC, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 101December 28, 2021 9:16 PM

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 102December 28, 2021 9:19 PM

Calm down, Philly.

by Anonymousreply 103December 28, 2021 9:20 PM

R96 Project much? The news originally said it was closed to customers and that changed within 24 hours. I merely relayed a piece of information from social media. Who said it was a problem? You really ought to think of charging MAGATs rent for all the time they spend living rent free.

by Anonymousreply 104December 28, 2021 9:26 PM

What about people going back to the office in NYC? Did it happen, or are people still working from home?

by Anonymousreply 105December 28, 2021 9:26 PM

^ R96 living rent free in your head

by Anonymousreply 106December 28, 2021 9:27 PM

R36 can't people be concerned about climate change even if they don't have a glacier melting in their backyard?

by Anonymousreply 107December 28, 2021 9:31 PM

R7 Oh! Look over there!

by Anonymousreply 108December 28, 2021 9:32 PM

R92 Fuck you and this garbage ass Bitch!!!!!! Go fuck yourself in that shit hole of a city..🖕🖕🖕

by Anonymousreply 109December 28, 2021 9:33 PM

Not even approaching an analogy, R107.

R104, you "merely relayed" information that implied NYC was somehow at fault for the state of the Apple stores--as if to say, one more strike against NYC.

by Anonymousreply 110December 28, 2021 9:33 PM

R97 we saw Company instead and it was fabulous.

R105 temporarily back to WFH. The LIRR is a sea of maskholes so as much as I miss my office-office, until Omicron subsides it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 111December 28, 2021 9:34 PM

I was in just in NYC. Streets are packed, especially with French tourists.

by Anonymousreply 112December 28, 2021 9:35 PM

Sometimes I hate coming here because people try and take you out of character…SMDH…

.I’m calm now.

by Anonymousreply 113December 28, 2021 9:36 PM

R113 DL is filled with a bunch of bitter bottoms who have gone topless for so long.

by Anonymousreply 114December 28, 2021 9:42 PM

Yeah, only some bitter queens from Weehawken and Florida hate NYC. They at least stay away--except on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 115December 28, 2021 9:47 PM

R110 you really need to get laid! That's no implied that's stated.

by Anonymousreply 116December 28, 2021 9:47 PM

R110 you head is filled with fabulist perceptions!

by Anonymousreply 117December 28, 2021 9:50 PM

“ Yeah, only some bitter queens from Weehawken and Florida hate NYC. They at least stay away--except on this thread.”

Verdict: true. Because other haters ain’t queens.

by Anonymousreply 118December 28, 2021 9:53 PM

R96 & R110 &&& . . . You doth protest too much! Why do you care what people think and spend so much time composing windy jeremiads if your life in NY is so wonderful?

by Anonymousreply 119December 28, 2021 9:55 PM

R115 why so obsessed with Florida and Weehawken?

by Anonymousreply 120December 28, 2021 9:56 PM

R11 for someone who supposedly Ives near W46 Street you aren't very observant. Haven't you seen all the for-lease signs on restaurant row since Broadway went dark last year and most are still unoccupied due to mask mandates and the inability to find workers. Get out much? Maybe you're too busy on DL?

by Anonymousreply 121December 28, 2021 10:08 PM

R121, of course that's a lie that places are unoccupied due to mask mandates. Much of 9th Avenue is hopping. R110, another tiresome bore. Girls, if you hate NYC--don't go away mad. Just go away.

by Anonymousreply 122December 28, 2021 10:16 PM

R116, where do you live? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 123December 28, 2021 10:18 PM

R122 your life is a lie. Vaccine and mask mandates has limited the number of people New Yorkers and tourist alike who can use indoor public space which simply means a limitation of those who want to and can attend theaters and restaurants. Nothing against the mandates but one of several reasons businesses are hurting.

by Anonymousreply 124December 28, 2021 10:22 PM

R122 you really need to get laid. It will calm you down for sure. You overreact. Calm down and read and re read carefully. I never said or implied that mask mandates were the only reason, nor did I say the situation with the Apple stores was a problem. And if you can't get laid, masturbate.

by Anonymousreply 125December 28, 2021 10:27 PM

"Nothing against the mandates but..." says R124, right after saying, "Vaccine and mask mandates has [sic] limited the number of people New Yorkers and tourist alike who can use indoor public space..." as if that's an overlying problem with NYC rather than what the situation during a pandemic demands. Your attitude about masks and mandates couldn't be more clear.

by Anonymousreply 126December 28, 2021 10:29 PM

R125, stop worrying about my sex life, which is all you seem to harp on while losing an argument. Really, move on from that--see if you can.

by Anonymousreply 127December 28, 2021 10:31 PM

R223 see R9 and R54

by Anonymousreply 128December 28, 2021 10:32 PM

R127 what sex life?

by Anonymousreply 129December 28, 2021 10:33 PM

Except it isn't the problem, R129. And you've just proven you can't move on from that when you have no argument. And what of your sex life? You're here chiming in left and right. Maybe YOU should get laid--or at least wash the sand out of your vadge.

by Anonymousreply 130December 28, 2021 10:37 PM

Where are you from, R116?

by Anonymousreply 131December 28, 2021 10:39 PM

R130 Why aren't you joining the people on 9th Avenue you pathetic weirdo? it's not that far from Park Slope is it? Why argue and stalk me? You're as transparent as glass and genuine as a $3 bill. How about those similes? You aren't convincing me in the least. Bye. I'm done with work and just like that I'm home

by Anonymousreply 132December 28, 2021 10:43 PM

Oh, dear. R132 seems triggered, poor old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 133December 28, 2021 10:46 PM

New York City = New Flyover City

by Anonymousreply 134December 28, 2021 10:47 PM

If only that were true, R134--we could do with a lot less of you.

by Anonymousreply 135December 28, 2021 10:49 PM

I should say a lot fewer of you, R134, but probably in your case, also a lot less of you. You type fat.

by Anonymousreply 136December 28, 2021 10:50 PM

I refuse to believe that anyone “worried” about crime actually lives in New York. I live in Chelsea and sure there’s an extra homeless person or two on the street, but I ride the subways everyday and have NEVER felt unsafe.

With the Company revival, Caroline, or Change revival, Music Man revival and Lehman Trilogy playing on Broadway, there’s plenty to see- if you’re lucky enough to not experience a canceled performance. (Flying Over Sunset is a mess, but hey, at least it’s ambitious and will do in a pinch.)

I do agree with an above poster that the top shortage is worse than it’s been in the past decade throughout HK and Chelsea. Grindr is a sea of bottoms, bottoms, bottoms and it’s the hunger games here trying to find a top to breed you.

I eagerly await seeing Meistersinger at The Met and Film Forum is showing the Jacques Demy/Catherine Deneuve masterpiece Donkey Skin on March 13.

Besides the issue about the lack of tops, NYC is still the greatest cultural Mecca and best place to live in this country.

by Anonymousreply 137December 28, 2021 10:51 PM

Amen, R137.

by Anonymousreply 138December 28, 2021 10:56 PM

Wow, predictably this thread is devolving into hysteria.

I've been living in NYC since college - 30 years now. So I totally understand the need to leave/move, especially since the pandemic. Most of my close friends have left and I'm considering doing it myself in a few years. But to Florida? Oy. Sorry, but if that's your answer, I feel sorry for you. What an absolutely disgusting state. Yeah yeah, there are nice areas and some of the beaches are pretty...but that's certainly not enough to compensate for all of the insanity and human trash you have to deal with.

But if that appeals to you, G*d bless. ((((shudder))))).

by Anonymousreply 139December 28, 2021 10:57 PM

WW for R18:

Sightings of an unhinged white woman with a mop of dirty blonde hair in her fifties prancing down the street in a puffy white dress and a really basic sweater. Witnesses describe her as having the face of a horse, and recklessly subjecting everyone to her drama causing a public safety concern. Suspect is described as extremely narcissistic - even making the institutionalized racism and oppression of an entire race of people about her. Recently her husband, a convicted rapist in the court of public opinion, died from mysterious circumstances. The public is warned to stay away.

—bodega owner on the upper west side

by Anonymousreply 140December 28, 2021 11:04 PM

I'll stay in NYC and far away from a murderous shithole like Omaha, thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 28, 2021 11:06 PM

R137, Flying Over Sunset has its share of problems, but it was worth the price of admission to see ripped daddy Tony Yazbeck bare-chested and grabbing his crotch.

by Anonymousreply 142December 28, 2021 11:16 PM

New Yorkers are defensive because they're trapped

by Anonymousreply 143December 28, 2021 11:28 PM

New York Flyoverstani

by Anonymousreply 144December 28, 2021 11:29 PM

Tokyo is the new New York

by Anonymousreply 145December 28, 2021 11:30 PM

"New Yorkers are defensive because they're trapped"

You're so right. Everywhere else sucks, so I totally feel trapped here.

But hey, at least the pizza and bagels slay.

by Anonymousreply 146December 28, 2021 11:30 PM

People in New York stomp and pout like toddlers since they know how miniscule they look as they are flown the fuck over

by Anonymousreply 147December 28, 2021 11:30 PM

Flyovers are defensive because they're fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 148December 28, 2021 11:31 PM

It's fun to troll New Yorkers because they come out in droves when their newly christened Flyover Status is mentioned

by Anonymousreply 149December 28, 2021 11:32 PM

Manhattan is officially changing it's name to Man-Flying-0ver-Tan in 2022

by Anonymousreply 150December 28, 2021 11:33 PM

How are New Yorkers both trapped and fleeing?

Dumbfuck Deplorables can't keep their stories straight.

by Anonymousreply 151December 28, 2021 11:34 PM

As if New York is some remote exotic land visited by so few

by Anonymousreply 152December 28, 2021 11:34 PM

How are things in NYC (i.e. FLYOVER LAND) at the moment?

by Anonymousreply 153December 28, 2021 11:35 PM

Trust me, we WISH more people would fly right over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 28, 2021 11:37 PM

New York is so flown over its breathing air is 99% jet fuel

by Anonymousreply 155December 28, 2021 11:37 PM

New York is so flown over they offer complimentary honey-roasted peanuts

by Anonymousreply 156December 28, 2021 11:37 PM

NYC is so flown over they charge extra for a seat assignment

by Anonymousreply 157December 28, 2021 11:38 PM

NYC is so flown over they have to keep their seats and trays in their upright position

by Anonymousreply 158December 28, 2021 11:39 PM

"Manhattan is officially changing it's name to Man-Flying-0ver-Tan in 2022"

Sofa king we Todd did.

by Anonymousreply 159December 28, 2021 11:46 PM

Isn't that the truth, R154? Number one as a tourist attraction in the entire country. I wish they'd fly over.

And where do all you deplorables live? Funny how they never want to admit where they are. Funny/sad.

by Anonymousreply 160December 28, 2021 11:53 PM

I’m in Philly bitch. NYC handled Covid the worst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 29, 2021 12:01 AM

R128 I meant R10 and R61

by Anonymousreply 162December 29, 2021 12:05 AM

R223 see R10 and R61

by Anonymousreply 163December 29, 2021 12:06 AM

R161, nowhere does that chart say that. NYC was hit hardest because it was the travel hub of the world right before the pandemic exploded.

by Anonymousreply 164December 29, 2021 12:07 AM

R141 it's Omaha or New York?

by Anonymousreply 165December 29, 2021 12:09 AM

It's also the largest city, idiot R161. And it got control of the pandemic faster than other cities. Spread your bullshit elsewhere, you Philly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 166December 29, 2021 12:10 AM

R161 Andrew Cuomo that is

by Anonymousreply 167December 29, 2021 12:41 AM

R161 with help from De Blasio who was unwilling to close NYC public schools 3/09/20 because 65% of the students received breakfast and lunch there. Quick change when the head of the teacher's union threatened to sue.

by Anonymousreply 168December 29, 2021 12:43 AM

R154 Based on the empty high-rise offices with people unwilling to commute back into the city after working remotely for so long NYC restaurants, parking garages, hotels, small business and the MTA still have a lot to lose.

by Anonymousreply 169December 29, 2021 12:52 AM

R139 why do so many DLers think only in terms of NY or Florida? Couldn't it be neither nor?

by Anonymousreply 170December 29, 2021 12:55 AM

R146 and have you been everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 171December 29, 2021 12:57 AM

Does this inbred fuckwit think that repeatedly calling New York "flyover" makes his bullshit true? How MAGA curious of you.

by Anonymousreply 172December 29, 2021 12:58 AM

Wtf is "the heart of NYC"?

The heart if NYC is....NYC

The rando crazies are worrying...yes with all the people in the city per capita actual violent crime notas terrible as some state but the rando crazies are everywhere and the feeling that it might just be you they try to throw on the subway tracks is there for EVERYONE.

As far as covid, hospitalizations don't seem TOO high, god willing. Bit I agree its a little bit quieter than it was in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 173December 29, 2021 1:03 AM

de Blasio dismisses impact of child vaccine mandates on NYC tourism and over 6,000 NY cops out sick many with COVID or flu like symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 174December 29, 2021 1:05 AM

lots of gay New Yorkers live in Orlando now. I'd love to be in Orlando. He's hot!

by Anonymousreply 175December 29, 2021 1:08 AM

NYC hospitalization rate keeps climbing as COVID cases surge.

by Anonymousreply 176December 29, 2021 1:10 AM

de Blasio goes out with single highest-year traffic death toll of his tenure. So much for his 'zero vision' policy.

by Anonymousreply 177December 29, 2021 1:15 AM

R177 Vision zero or is it zero vision?

by Anonymousreply 178December 29, 2021 1:18 AM

NYC is a shithole

by Anonymousreply 179December 29, 2021 1:42 AM

R131 Tampon Springs, Florida

by Anonymousreply 180December 29, 2021 3:17 AM

R123 Asthma Alley the Bronx

by Anonymousreply 181December 29, 2021 3:22 AM

R131 Bulgaria

by Anonymousreply 182December 29, 2021 3:23 AM

R123 Cape Fear

by Anonymousreply 183December 29, 2021 3:24 AM

R131 Bedrock

by Anonymousreply 184December 29, 2021 3:24 AM

R123 Rome, Georgia

by Anonymousreply 185December 29, 2021 3:25 AM

R131 Plymouth Rock

by Anonymousreply 186December 29, 2021 3:25 AM

R123 Orlando, Bloom

by Anonymousreply 187December 29, 2021 3:26 AM

R131 Wuhan

by Anonymousreply 188December 29, 2021 3:26 AM

R123 Wisteria Lane

by Anonymousreply 189December 29, 2021 3:27 AM

R131 Peyton's Place

by Anonymousreply 190December 29, 2021 3:27 AM

Interactive NYC crime map:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 29, 2021 3:27 AM

R123 Sayville, NY

by Anonymousreply 192December 29, 2021 3:28 AM

R131 Vaseline Alley, Brooklyn

by Anonymousreply 193December 29, 2021 3:31 AM

City MD closes 31 urgent care clinics citing staff shortages

by Anonymousreply 194December 29, 2021 3:39 AM

R123 Nassau County

by Anonymousreply 195December 29, 2021 3:41 AM

R131 Under the Pulaski Skyway

by Anonymousreply 196December 29, 2021 3:41 AM

R123 in memoriam

by Anonymousreply 197December 29, 2021 3:42 AM

The Skyview Motel in HK

by Anonymousreply 198December 29, 2021 3:45 AM

R131 in your thoughts

by Anonymousreply 199December 29, 2021 3:52 AM

R123 on line

by Anonymousreply 200December 29, 2021 3:53 AM

R131 at JFK

by Anonymousreply 201December 29, 2021 3:54 AM

Was at Company tonight. Sold out. Not Getting Married Today got a standing ovation. Front of house staff was super professional and the vaccine checks went quickly. Same at Becco where we ate. Restaurant was full, vaccine checks done well. Having had 2 Pfizers and the booster, I feel safe in environments that are fully complying with protocols.

by Anonymousreply 202December 29, 2021 4:03 AM

R202 do audience members wear masks?

by Anonymousreply 203December 29, 2021 5:00 AM

NYC was in pretty good shape. Central Park was busy with walkers/joggers. But mask + vaccine mandate needs to go away soon or Broadway will never recover.

by Anonymousreply 204December 29, 2021 11:27 AM

r203, as you arrive at the theater, there are 3 lines. You have to have a photo ID and proof of vaccination. Two people were taken out of the line in front of us. Everyone must be fully masked before entering the theater. Two ushers hold signs at both ends of the stage that read MASK UP. They do this before the show and during intermission. I have never seen a kinder or warmer house staff at a Broadway show. The whole thing was kind of moving. It really felt like we were all fighting a shared war, and it made the performance stronger.

by Anonymousreply 205December 29, 2021 11:52 AM

Thanks for that, R205. NYC, the best city in the world. As Lily Tomlin once rapped, "you got the world's greatest culture, symphony and plays/almost eating-meeting-greeting places and subways/so take pride in yourself--you could be Philadelphia."

Or you could be one of life's losers who post here as anti-NYC cunts. They're so pathetic. NYC is the capital of the world. Suck it, cunts who don't live here. You're not missed! 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

by Anonymousreply 206December 29, 2021 1:51 PM

and yet for all of the culture . . .how many New Yorkers spend all their time on DL trying to convince others how great it is. They might as well be living in Fresno.

by Anonymousreply 207December 29, 2021 2:10 PM

Things are so bad that last night, I saw Little Eadie Beale performing on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 208December 29, 2021 2:37 PM

That was Cynthia Nixon, still auditioning for governor.

by Anonymousreply 209December 29, 2021 3:06 PM

R206 - while I appreciate the Lily Tomlin humor, the same group of trolls who are terrified of crime in NYC despite never being mugged are bashing Philly for its crime and blaming Dem government rather than the pandemic, poverty and mental health issues that every city has faced for the past 2 years.

Hopefully the Fox News watching trolls stay out of the cities now. No more SATC Carrie wannabes or hordes of tourists wanting cupcakes. The right wing media obsession with crime in cities may finally let those of us who love cities for their diversity and freedom enjoy them without the delicate flowers and eldergays who are terrified of anyone who looks different.

by Anonymousreply 210December 29, 2021 6:04 PM

At least our weatherman doesn’t post porn on the interweb.

by Anonymousreply 211December 29, 2021 6:47 PM

R210 why so angry? You are not a good advertisement for the city!

by Anonymousreply 212December 29, 2021 8:26 PM

I’ll give you a MARY R66 and raise with a FUCK YOU to the lying sack of shit known as Florida Guy at R58.

by Anonymousreply 213December 29, 2021 8:41 PM

R206 seems like a stable in-the-know Manhattanite

by Anonymousreply 214December 29, 2021 8:47 PM

R214 and what an exciting life she must have!

by Anonymousreply 215December 29, 2021 8:49 PM

Thanks for pointing that out R214.

R206, I just gave you a WW. I agree with every word.

by Anonymousreply 216December 29, 2021 8:52 PM

Everything is normal where I am. Some people aren’t even wearing masks

by Anonymousreply 217December 29, 2021 8:58 PM

R216 and thanks for showing that New Yorkers have a sense of humor!

by Anonymousreply 218December 29, 2021 9:00 PM

NY records highest daily COVID deaths since February 2021

by Anonymousreply 219December 29, 2021 9:04 PM

OMG! We’re all gonna die!

Is that hysterical enough for you R219?

by Anonymousreply 220December 29, 2021 9:14 PM

I saw Company in previews and the staff at the theatre were lovely. Also after Another 100 People the sign on stage that spelled Company was switched to spell NYC and everyone in the theatre cheered for about a minute. It was a great moment!

by Anonymousreply 221December 29, 2021 9:19 PM

Fires are raging! The communist socialist homotransexuals are trying to take over the city, but brave patriots are fighting back… a little slowly since they are very obese and from the suburbs. They’re called “nippid” or NYPD or something like that. They are very bravely fighting back by using slurs, making sexist and racist remarks even when being filmed and will probably win, even though the tattooed and pierced black lesbians and the Jewish vegan heretics are trying to bring down America. MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 222December 29, 2021 9:22 PM

You forgot to mention the nonbinary street gangs, R222.

There are neighborhoods in Manhattan now where misgendering someone can result in a knife to your throat.

Be safe in a nonbinary way out there!

by Anonymousreply 223December 29, 2021 9:47 PM

R220 Interesting that in February of this year few people were fully vaccinated let alone vaccinated and now with so many people fully vaccinated, and many having received boosters it's surprising that the death toll would be that high again. Being cautious and informed are better than being hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 224December 29, 2021 9:50 PM

R220 We are all going to die eventually. Thanks for the reminder.

by Anonymousreply 225December 29, 2021 9:54 PM

The spike is no surprise. It’s the holiday season. Unvaxxed, unmasked tourists and MAGAts from Long Island, Staten Island and Jersey have been making the pilgrimage to see “The Tree”, the shop windows and the like. This won’t level down until mid-January at the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 226December 29, 2021 9:57 PM

R226 Thank you Dr. Fauci

by Anonymousreply 227December 29, 2021 10:01 PM

If you look at the Gothamist map the largest number of Covid cases are being diagnosed in Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen and the Village. But those areas also have very minimal rates of hospitalization (which overall for the number of cases is quite low.) If I read it right 46 people were hospitalized for Covid in Manhattan yesterday. So again this will be a problem for the unvaxxed. For the vaxxed, it will be mostly be a 5 day cold or flu like experience.

by Anonymousreply 228December 29, 2021 10:06 PM

You’re welcome R227.

Not Fauci. Just someone with common sense.

by Anonymousreply 229December 29, 2021 10:07 PM

R229

See R228 Chelsea, HK and the Village are not really tourist spots like Times Square, Broadway and Rockefeller Center.

by Anonymousreply 230December 29, 2021 10:14 PM

R226 is clearly not a member of the Biden Administration

by Anonymousreply 231December 29, 2021 10:54 PM

But what about the drugged up NY1 wheatherslutbottomwhoreman?

by Anonymousreply 232December 30, 2021 1:35 AM

I had some bad pork.

by Anonymousreply 233December 30, 2021 1:37 AM

Where is the Drama Desk?

by Anonymousreply 234December 30, 2021 2:37 AM

In high school R206 was voted most likely to die alone

by Anonymousreply 235December 30, 2021 3:19 AM

And thanks for pointing out the thanks for pointing that other thing for thanking for the thanks for the other thing to be thankful for

by Anonymousreply 236December 30, 2021 3:22 AM

R131 Patti Lupone's toilet

by Anonymousreply 237December 30, 2021 3:31 AM

R123 Fresh Kills Landfill Staten Island

by Anonymousreply 238December 30, 2021 3:33 AM

according to ABC news "you could hear a pin drop on West 46th Street" Wednesday as restaurants are empty and are seeing cancellations for NYE.

by Anonymousreply 239December 30, 2021 5:22 AM

R220 don't worry honey it's mostly NY businesses that are dying!

by Anonymousreply 240December 30, 2021 6:04 AM

R202, very similar experience except we had dinner at Barbetta. It was quite refreshing compared to the complete disregard for enforcement on Long Island. (And loved, loved the new staging and dialogue of Company.)

by Anonymousreply 241December 30, 2021 11:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 30, 2021 1:20 PM

NYC leads spike in child hospitalizations nationwide.

by Anonymousreply 243December 30, 2021 4:42 PM

That chart is pretty misleading r242. NY didn't have that bad of a delta wave. The peak of hospitalizations in NY was back in 2020 and the data is *nowhere* near that level.

Looking at the data coming out of South Africa and the UK, hospitalizations never hit their old peaks.

by Anonymousreply 244December 30, 2021 5:07 PM

Right -NYC had a horrific wave at the beginning and then a winter Alpha wave a quarter of the size about a year ago. COVID almost disappeared in June 2021. Delta brought it back, but at a very manageable level since New Yorkers are mostly vaccinated and pretty mask compliant. But Omicron has us back to Alpha level hospitalizations, but with fewer ICU beds needed.

by Anonymousreply 245December 30, 2021 5:17 PM

R245 Are you considered fully vaccinated in NY even if you haven't had a booster?

by Anonymousreply 246December 30, 2021 5:46 PM

For now at least, proof of vaccination in NY does not require booster shots.

by Anonymousreply 247December 30, 2021 5:50 PM

The MTA is blaming Covid for its poor subway service.

by Anonymousreply 248December 30, 2021 6:09 PM

It is definitely keeping people away from restaurants and bars. Everything’s open but the feeling is paranoid again. Definitely less crowded than it normally would be this holiday week.

by Anonymousreply 249December 30, 2021 6:16 PM

R248 20% of all NYC employees are out sick with COVID and since most MTA employees can’t work from home I would think that would impact service. (And I find that a reasonable percentage since it matches the percentage of my employees who have symptomatic illness now.)

by Anonymousreply 250December 30, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] 20% of all NYC employees are out sick with COVID and since most MTA employees can’t work from home I would think that would impact service.

They’re weak, I tell ya! Weak!

by Anonymousreply 251December 30, 2021 6:23 PM

How ARE things in NYC?

Does that laddie with the twinklin' eye

Come whistlin by

And does he walk away,

Sad and dreamy there not to see me there?

by Anonymousreply 252December 30, 2021 6:39 PM

there are still a lot of tourists in midtown.

by Anonymousreply 253December 30, 2021 6:48 PM

B J and W subway lines suspended due to staffing shortage

by Anonymousreply 254December 30, 2021 9:28 PM

I live on Long Island and I’ve seen exactly 2 maskless people indoors in the last few months. It was right before Christmas, a Gen Z male & female couple in Target defiantly looking for trouble while everyone ignored them. I don’t know where these hordes of maskless long islanders are that someone is talking about in this thread.

I ordered some N95 masks but they turn out to have valves, which isn’t helpful if you’re looking to *not* spread disease, so I’m ordering others. Up til a week ago I wear wearing a paper mask but I’ve been getting the willies lately. And now, with CDC going to the Delta Airline Rulebook of Public Health, I don’t feel safe,

by Anonymousreply 255December 30, 2021 10:26 PM

R254, wrong!!!

It's B, Z, and W lines!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 30, 2021 11:28 PM

My bad. The J is actually making local stops to compensate. I wouldn't recommend going on the A-B-C-D-E . . .anyway

by Anonymousreply 257December 30, 2021 11:36 PM

R255 every car on the LIRR and the gym my wife attends. The conductors are not allowed to enforce.

Also there’s no checking for vaccination status at restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 258December 30, 2021 11:53 PM

They are suspending lines that run entirely on the same route as other lines, which is the best way to handle such a shortage of workers.

by Anonymousreply 259December 30, 2021 11:53 PM

R259=Craig Cipriano

by Anonymousreply 260December 31, 2021 12:29 AM

So much for what a disaster NYC is that COVUD has derstroyed it and erveryine is bailing. From today's NY Times:

"A year ago, while most of the country was seeing record home sales and prices, driven by low mortgage rates and roaming office workers, New York was on the outside looking in: Sales and rentals plummeted, and doomsayers predicted the city’s demise.

Not anymore.

In a remarkably sharp turnaround, the sales and rental markets are approaching or, in some cases, exceeding prepandemic prices. More apartments were sold in Manhattan in the third quarter of 2021 than at any other time in the last 32 years. Sales in Brooklyn and Queens pushed further into record territory. And some renters, who took advantage of deep discounts just a year ago, are now facing the sticker shock of 30 or 40 percent rent hikes."

I guess all that crime people are banging on about here isn't affecting the enthusiasm of people who are willing to pay a lot of money to live here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 2, 2022 4:46 PM

*So much for what a disaster NYC is that COVID

by Anonymousreply 262January 2, 2022 4:47 PM

Definitely true r261. New York is doing fine, all those deals you could get in the height of the pandemic are long gone. The market for housing has been insane.

by Anonymousreply 263January 2, 2022 5:34 PM

EVERYONE is FLEEING NYC! NYC is OVER!

--Ok, so why did you leave?

It's too CROWDED!

by Anonymousreply 264January 2, 2022 6:06 PM

It hasn't even been a week yet and already Eric Adams is acting like a national embarrassment. Here he is unleashing his inner Karen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265January 2, 2022 6:31 PM

He's literally just this bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 2, 2022 6:32 PM

R265, what should the newly elected mayor do, excatly, when in front of reporters and he's witnessing an assault on the street--ignore it? Optics wise, it looks a tad better to be proactive.

by Anonymousreply 267January 2, 2022 6:43 PM

*exactly

by Anonymousreply 268January 2, 2022 6:44 PM

R267 Use his previous law enforcement experience to go down there and deescalate the fight himself. Exhibit leadership qualities. Don't hide behind your fucking phone like a god damn Karen. It's pathetic clown behavior.

By the way, when the cops did show up, they drove by and left without doing anything. Shows how useless the police are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 2, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] Don't hide behind your fucking phone like a god damn Karen. It's pathetic clown behavior.

I have a feeling it was a pr stunt. He just happens to encounter a fight on his first day in office? He’s the mayor and a former policeman. Am I to believe that he can’t get the police immediately without calling 911? I wonder if he has Sunshine Sachs on speed dial?

by Anonymousreply 270January 3, 2022 12:38 AM

R270 There's already been a homicide and a vehicular fatality less than 24hrs into the New Year in NYC following a year in which there was a 10-year high in both and on Saturday a police officer was shot while sitting in his squad car.

by Anonymousreply 271January 3, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote] There's already been a homicide and a vehicular fatality less than 24hrs into the New Year in NYC

I’m not saying crime stopped. I just find this particular incident a bit fishy.

by Anonymousreply 272January 3, 2022 1:38 AM

R272 I think you're confusing Eric Adams with Jussie Smollett

by Anonymousreply 273January 3, 2022 2:38 AM

Does anyone have any updates on the NY1 weather slut? I want to see the video.

by Anonymousreply 274January 3, 2022 3:08 AM

R269, can you read? The fight was over by the time the police arrived. You think the mayor should have gone down to the fight to break it up? SMDH.

by Anonymousreply 275January 3, 2022 3:24 AM

Wow, really, R271? There's already been a homicide AND a vehicular fatality less than 24 hrs into the New Year in NYC--the largest city in the country, with 8 million people? A homocide AND a vehicular fatality? LMFAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 276January 3, 2022 4:17 AM

Wow, R271--a homicide and a car accident in 1 day????

by Anonymousreply 277January 3, 2022 4:18 AM

Wow, R271--a murder AND a car accident? In the largest city in the country, over a 24-hour-period around New Year's Day? Call in the National Guard!

by Anonymousreply 278January 3, 2022 4:26 AM

The freeloaders, agoraphobes, and shut-ins are having viral freak outs about school being in session tomorrow.

Remember kids, leaving the house of your own free will is capitalism!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 3, 2022 4:35 AM

R278 calling the national guard might be a good idea. It will bring some desperately needed tops into NYC and maybe get you fucked and calmed down!

by Anonymousreply 280January 3, 2022 4:42 AM

R276 laughing you ass off is a good Idea it well help you get rid of something no one has any use for

by Anonymousreply 281January 3, 2022 4:44 AM

R277 you forgot the poor cop in Harlem who got shot

by Anonymousreply 282January 3, 2022 4:46 AM

R271 and what about all that empty office space and the closed businesses and restaurants. Will they be converted into living spaces?

by Anonymousreply 283January 3, 2022 4:52 AM

R281, you're sad. You can't sell your bullshit about NYC. I refer you to R261.

by Anonymousreply 284January 3, 2022 5:00 AM

R281, do you consider a homicide and a car accident in NYC during New Year's Eve rampant crime--in the biggest city in the country?

by Anonymousreply 285January 3, 2022 5:03 AM

R283, meet R261. Real estate in NYC is the hottest selling in the country.

by Anonymousreply 286January 3, 2022 5:14 AM

It's a shame R283 can't afford NYC real estate.

by Anonymousreply 287January 3, 2022 5:18 AM

R284 The article doesn't say who is buying up all the real estate since it is probably foreign investors, but it does point out the difficulty many New Yorkers are facing with evictions looming amid rising rents which affects the Latin and black community. No mention of the empty office space with only 25% of offices occupied as of November. Will the empty office high rises be converted into living space? And apparently nothing has been done about the plan to convert unused hotels into affordable housing.

by Anonymousreply 288January 3, 2022 5:20 AM

R285 it's business as usual and I was responding to the poster who thought there was something fishy about the story regarding Eric Adams witnessing a fight while waiting for the J train.

by Anonymousreply 289January 3, 2022 5:22 AM

R287 No, I can't! Can you? And will many New Yorkers facing evictions be able to affordabl housing in NYC? Did you read the entire article a at R261?

by Anonymousreply 290January 3, 2022 5:26 AM

R286 see R288?

by Anonymousreply 291January 3, 2022 5:28 AM

R289, you're not answering the question: do you consider a homicide and a car accident in NYC during New Year's Eve rampant crime--in the biggest city in the country?

"No mention of the empty office space with only 25% of offices occupied as of November. Will the empty office high rises be converted into living space? And apparently nothing has been done about the plan to convert unused hotels into affordable housing."

R288, do you think this is the same situation in San Francisco and other expensive cities, especially due to COVID and people working from home? Can you not be a hypocrite and say your gripe is true of any overpriced city?

R290--yes, I can, and I do! Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 292January 3, 2022 5:28 AM

R292 I must object to the interrogation by a group of bossy bottoms who would seem to have nothing to worry about except getting fucked. What are you trying to prove, to whom and why?

by Anonymousreply 293January 3, 2022 5:32 AM

Because you have no answer, R293, to legitimate questions.

by Anonymousreply 294January 3, 2022 5:33 AM

R293 bitches about NYC, then gripes when she's asked to explain her issues with NYC.

by Anonymousreply 295January 3, 2022 5:35 AM

R294 you have no purposeful questions only querulous inquiries.

by Anonymousreply 296January 3, 2022 5:36 AM

R296 has no legitimate beef against NYC, only querlous gripes.

by Anonymousreply 297January 3, 2022 5:37 AM

* querulous gripes.

by Anonymousreply 298January 3, 2022 5:38 AM

R297 and you aren't getting any beef obviously?

by Anonymousreply 299January 3, 2022 5:40 AM

R296/R299 won't answer direct questions because she has no real argument. She's a failure who couldn't make it in NYC. Sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 300January 3, 2022 5:41 AM

Gosh, remember when everything was good? Those were the days!

by Anonymousreply 301January 3, 2022 5:47 AM

R301 you sound so happy, fulfilled and so 5th grade

by Anonymousreply 302January 3, 2022 5:53 AM

R300 Sybil stop repeating yourself! Where's Eve?

by Anonymousreply 303January 3, 2022 5:54 AM

Poor loser failure cunt, R296/R299/R303. But I'm sure you're "happy" wherever you are, though wherever you are isn't the most vibrant, populated city in the country. Enjoy, hunty! While I enjoy Manhattan!

by Anonymousreply 304January 3, 2022 5:56 AM

R304 Happiness is a state of mind not a location as you certainly prove.

by Anonymousreply 305January 3, 2022 5:57 AM

Yes R304 R300 R298 R297 R295 R294 R292 R287 R286 R285 R284 R278 R277 R276 R268 R267 R262 R261 I can see how you enjoy Manhattan !

by Anonymousreply 306January 3, 2022 6:49 AM

I was in Times Square today. It was packed with tourists. Who cares about Omicron. Practically no one.

by Anonymousreply 307January 3, 2022 7:52 AM

R276 he tweeted yesterday in support of the current Jeopardy champion who is a transwoman

He still has his job title and NY1 listed on his twitter too. I'm assuming he'll be back to work today but I don't live in NY so 1 of you guys will have to watch for us

by Anonymousreply 308January 3, 2022 8:30 AM

I mean R274

by Anonymousreply 309January 3, 2022 8:30 AM

that certain weatherman is BACK on TV.

by Anonymousreply 310January 3, 2022 2:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 3, 2022 2:27 PM

He died trying to reunite with his lifeline - his precious phone. Before someone stole it. That is sad.

by Anonymousreply 312January 3, 2022 2:58 PM

He looks very drunk. It's very easy to jump a turnstyle and he's having issues.

by Anonymousreply 313January 3, 2022 3:08 PM

R307 what about the people lined up and waiting for hours to get tested?

by Anonymousreply 314January 3, 2022 3:38 PM

R301 Yes, when NY was the center of art, fashion, glamour, sophistication, romance, affordable for so many and nurtured artists and had a club scene and nightlife before corporate chains proliferated and Adderall zombies were wandering the streets staring at their phones and every square inch was turned into ugly high rises!

by Anonymousreply 315January 3, 2022 4:42 PM

R262 Not as disastrous as your grasp of syntax

by Anonymousreply 316January 3, 2022 10:22 PM

Mrs. Doubtfire is pausing performances due to COVID surge. She will return March 15th

by Anonymousreply 317January 3, 2022 10:38 PM

NY school kids returned from break to find mass shortages of teachers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Clara Barton HS in Brooklyn had 46 teachers who called in sick Monday!

by Anonymousreply 318January 4, 2022 4:28 AM

LaGuardia fliers waited hours in the freezing cold with kids for COVID tests.

by Anonymousreply 319January 4, 2022 5:35 AM

The NBA's Brooklyn Nets are playing to packed or nearly-packed crowds at Barclay Center this holiday season including last night.

Sure, NBA and NHL holiday crowds are usually larger in cities which do not sell out every game in other parts of the season, plus the Nets are good and an appealing event. I assume there were few no shows in the attendance of 17,000 plus at Barclay. Don't most Broadway shows only seat 3,000 or so? So this is equivalent to several shows in economic impact.

The Nets were drawing as little as 14,000 to 15,000 for non-select opponents on weeknights earlier in the season. Their crowds pick up later, around the holidays, anyway.

And the Knicks and Rangers at MSG still get near sellouts and some sellouts, so that's good for the restaurants, of course. But theur crowds were waaay down earlier in the fall, as I think part blame is not enough in office workers working in Manhattan yet (and still) near the arena.

by Anonymousreply 320January 4, 2022 6:12 AM

R320 Super spreader events! Just what NY needs!

by Anonymousreply 321January 4, 2022 6:53 AM

NY Hotels are offering a 22% discount to attract tourists. Hotel week has been extended to Feb. 13!

by Anonymousreply 322January 4, 2022 4:28 PM

22%? LOL! Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 323January 4, 2022 5:28 PM

R323 Agreed. With so many shows in hiatus, and the winter weather it doesn't seem worth the risk especially if you're traveling by plane as airline passengers are stranded due to flight cancelations. Oh, dearie me!

by Anonymousreply 324January 4, 2022 6:56 PM

Deranged man pushes Asian woman to death at Times Square subway station

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 15, 2022 7:02 PM

Oh gee, a deranged person has never killed anyone in a subway before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 15, 2022 7:07 PM

…….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327January 15, 2022 7:08 PM

……

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328January 15, 2022 7:12 PM

Let’s just go through the 80s & 90s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 15, 2022 7:14 PM

Remember needle attacks during AIDS? People I subways being stuck by maniacs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 15, 2022 7:16 PM

……..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 15, 2022 7:18 PM

……….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 15, 2022 7:21 PM

………….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 15, 2022 7:21 PM

1991…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 15, 2022 7:23 PM

1993 Elouise Ellis pushes 2 onto subway tracks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 15, 2022 7:25 PM

2012 ……

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 15, 2022 7:27 PM

2017, it was bombs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 15, 2022 7:29 PM

Most subway attacks newer made the news and most attacks that made the news were not archived online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338January 15, 2022 7:31 PM

This is a fun recap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 15, 2022 7:33 PM

Hmmmmmm…..the killing of Utah tourist Brian Watkins was the 18th killing in NYC in 1990, and 8 more subway killings would occur before the end of the year, for a total of 26. . In 1989, underground assailants killed 20 people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 15, 2022 7:48 PM

NY Post 1/12/22

FATAL SUBWAY SHOVE; Deranged Man Pushes Asian Woman to Death in Fatal Times Square Subway Attack

by Anonymousreply 341January 15, 2022 9:40 PM

Sigh. Avoid this shithole city. They let the mentally ill roam the streets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 15, 2022 10:08 PM

COVID isn't the only reason workers don't want to return to the office.

by Anonymousreply 343January 15, 2022 10:12 PM

Sigh. Avoid people like R342.

by Anonymousreply 344January 15, 2022 10:15 PM

R341 the amount of black on asian crime in NYC is INSANE. I don't know how NYC asian americans aren't forming defensive mobs or something.

by Anonymousreply 345January 15, 2022 10:22 PM

Man shot in Manhattan in a parking dispute. No, it wasn't Alec Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 346January 15, 2022 10:40 PM

Andrew Giuliani hit in face with flower pot near Penn Station while attempting to break up a fight!

by Anonymousreply 347January 15, 2022 10:42 PM

Two men killed in separate overnight shootings in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 348January 15, 2022 10:43 PM

Yawn - did no one live here in the 80s and 90s? Or is this all just Fox News/Daily Mail audience comments of non residents?

by Anonymousreply 349January 16, 2022 2:27 AM

R349 I did. And the city got tourists back in the late 90s and real estate booming in the Bloomberg era, but now that is being undone by random, unprovoked attacks, vehicular fatalities and robberies of businesses that are happening daily and oh, yes COVID which was not part of the 80s and 90s. Are clubs, bars, Broadway, hotels and restaurants doing any business?

by Anonymousreply 350January 16, 2022 3:01 AM

R9 so all the recent stories of a young woman being shot while working at Burger King or a man shot parking dispute in Midtown or the 2 people killed in separate shootings overnight or the 3 carjackings in one hour or an Asian woman being shoved onto the subway tracks by a homeless man, or the shopkeeper being robbed twice by marauding bandits, or the teens arrested for the murder of a good Samaritan are all lies. SURE JAN!

by Anonymousreply 351January 16, 2022 4:42 AM

R351, “From 1993 to 1996, the national murder rate dropped by 20%. During the same period, stories about murders on the ABC, NBC, and CBS network newscasts rose by 721%.“ I don’t know what’s going on in NYC, but generally there isn’t a link between quantity of news stories about crime and the amount of crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 16, 2022 12:27 PM

Murders and shooting have risen dramatically in the past year across the country. .

Almost all these murderers have extensive rap sheets for lesser crimes so keeping them in jail longer would help. But of course our DA Bragg doesn’t believe in prosecuting any but the worst crimes. That includes farebeating, trespassing, resisting arrest so expect lots more incidents.

by Anonymousreply 353January 16, 2022 12:43 PM

R353, there has been and continues to be a spike because of the pandemic, but all the NYC crime stats still remain better than 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 16, 2022 1:43 PM

I think what scares people is the random violence not necessarily the level of crime. You can have rampant muggings, hold ups, gang/drug related violence and murder but I don't remember a time where there were so many crazy street people randomly attacking strangers, especially in the subway, nor do I remember asian/asian americans being so targeted. I guess I'd be interested to know if that kind of violence is on the rise...well we know crims against Asian americans for sure is.

by Anonymousreply 355January 16, 2022 1:55 PM

It's definitely the random violence and the callousness. A teenaged cashier was recently killed in the Bronx for no reason. The guy could have walked out with the money but he also killed her. He was another insane black homeless guy screaming about reparations. So maybe the talk about systemic racism and victimization isn't haven't the best effect on the mentally ill homeless black population.

by Anonymousreply 356January 16, 2022 2:05 PM

R356 that was actually in East Harlem (about 5 blocks from my hpuse) but I agree. The worse thing is that she was just a 19 year old Puerto Rican who had just moved here. Alot , even most of the attacks, its not the rich white people bearing the brunt of it

by Anonymousreply 357January 16, 2022 2:30 PM

Yeah, r356, it’s definitely anti-racism and not the 400 million guns, rampant poverty, and mental health crisis in America.

by Anonymousreply 358January 16, 2022 2:31 PM

R352 Sounds like you're blaming the media.

by Anonymousreply 359January 16, 2022 3:53 PM

Gangs, teens and mental patients on the loose.

by Anonymousreply 360January 16, 2022 4:02 PM

R359, I'm not blaming the media, I'm just pointing out that media on either side (left wing or right wing) can decide to take on a stance where they're basically trying to convince a group of something through what they decide to cover, and I believe both sides usually do - it's become the norm. The stories about violence are real, but there are also 8 million people in New York - they aren't all committing acts of violence.

by Anonymousreply 361January 16, 2022 4:28 PM

R361 One could say the same for the media's coverage of COVID!

by Anonymousreply 362January 16, 2022 4:30 PM

R362, I agree, the media coverage around Covid has been misleading on both sides. On the left, there has been a tendency to only mention Trump's responsibility for what went wrong; on the right, there is a tendency to mention only what Trump did right. But the media became a force of its own as a source of indoctrinating people as to what they "should" think if they're left-wing or right-wing. You had people who watch a lot of right-wing media criticizing Trump for being pro-vax, as though how dare he not follow the right-wing narrative. And you have people on the left who are responding to the mounting evidence of a lab leak with a kind of terror of having been wrong, rather than with an intellectual interest in seeking the most likely answer. The thing is, even if there was a lab leak, it doesn't mean that all the racist anti-China stuff that gets passed around on message boards has to go along with it. Trump had a chance to stop gain of function research in the United States and he didn't -- I would guess he probably viewed it as part of defense spending when he first became President. It's been a controversial subject, but certainly not something only China was doing. The United States and a lot of the most powerful countries in the world - those with nuclear weapons - tend to take a stance that the risks involved with defense research and weapons are worth it. And a lot of the risky research is done in poorer countries, where the first burden of an outbreak is on the people in those countries. Just because China may have had, and then covered up, a lab leak, doesn't mean that Chinese people are evil, need to be nuked, etc, or anything of the other things that might circulate on right-wing message boards. As bad as Trump is, a lot of what people who follow him say in private is even worse than what he says.

by Anonymousreply 363January 16, 2022 5:11 PM

R363 and too little concern all around for what the origin of COVID actually is. Do we really know what we are dealing with? Also, my comment at R262 was to indicate that though your chances of dying from COVID are slim as are your chances of being shot, sliced, shoved in NYC, we should be concerned and aware of both.

by Anonymousreply 364January 16, 2022 5:19 PM

I would arm myself as an Asian in NYC even if it had to be illegally. The uptick in attacks is frightening. I've seen more than one video of verbal harassment on a bus/subway with no pushback from other commuters. I understand getting into it with a deranged man isn't wise but if we can agree to a countdown "1-2-3 shut the fuck up!" from everyone, it might confuse the deranged harasser enough to move or block off the victim. He'll be distracted and knocked off-kilter from his rant and what's he gonna do, fight the whole bus??

by Anonymousreply 365January 16, 2022 5:44 PM

Just read that another woman was pushed in front of a subway and was killed? If I were a NYer I'd avoid the trains.

by Anonymousreply 366January 16, 2022 5:51 PM

I do find myself more aware while I’m standing on the subway platform. Simply stand back against wall until train pulls in. Just doing a lot of the simple common sense things I did in the 90s.

There are way less criminals but seemingly more mentally ill people now than the 90s. Like the homeless in CA, the issues being described as horrible, fearful, unacceptable are more about mental health than police, politics or society’s standards.

by Anonymousreply 367January 16, 2022 6:38 PM

1/16/22 Man stabbed Saturday at the Grand Street subway station in yet another reason to avoid subways.

by Anonymousreply 368January 16, 2022 7:26 PM

Man beaten and robbed at gunpoint on the West 4th Street subway platform this morning! WTF! Don't respond with stats, please.

by Anonymousreply 369January 17, 2022 3:21 PM

Vehicular homicides are on the rise. 15-year girl killed in hit-n-run in Brooklyn today.

by Anonymousreply 370January 17, 2022 4:02 PM

SCREECH! SCREECH! SCREECH!

by Anonymousreply 371January 17, 2022 4:04 PM

I don't remember so many of these mentally ill loons until fairly recently. Is this more a drug thing? The drug issue is big because it's not only the homeless junkies but an epidemic among even soccer moms and pill popping.

by Anonymousreply 372January 17, 2022 4:09 PM

R371 live across the Hudson 10 minutes from midtown and from Sept-Dec 2021 was working in the city 2 days a week, but unlike my colleagues I don't rely on the subway to get to work.

by Anonymousreply 373January 17, 2022 4:31 PM

R371 SREECH! SCREECH! SCREECH! is the sound the subway train makes to avoid hitting someone who was pushed or jumped in front of the train!

by Anonymousreply 374January 17, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote] I don't remember so many of these mentally ill loons until fairly recently. Is this more a drug thing?

Just more native New Yorkers feeling free to express themselves.

by Anonymousreply 375January 17, 2022 5:04 PM

R373, move to Florida and spare the planet your thinly-veiled racist paranoia and crime porn splooge-spurts.

No crime at all in sunny Florida!

by Anonymousreply 376January 17, 2022 5:08 PM

R376 No crime where I live now! You ought to try Florida. It might give you a sunnier disposition.

by Anonymousreply 377January 17, 2022 5:11 PM

Not many people at Nobody Beats The Wiz.

by Anonymousreply 378January 17, 2022 8:52 PM

Even the mayor doesn't feel comfortable riding the subway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379January 18, 2022 8:57 PM

[quote]No crime at all in sunny Florida!

No crime in sunny Florida because everything is legal.

by Anonymousreply 380January 18, 2022 9:05 PM

I wish they would legalize mace in NY.

by Anonymousreply 381January 20, 2022 6:02 AM

You can get it on Amazon, R 381.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 20, 2022 12:23 PM

are you kidding? Mace isn't legal in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 383January 20, 2022 1:18 PM

[quote]The efforts include increased enforcement against drivers and cyclists who fail to recognize the “primacy of pedestrians in crosswalks,” as a new DOT rule takes effect on Wednesday. NYPD Commissioner Keechant Sewell said under the new rule, drivers and cyclists can’t simply yield but must fully stop for pedestrians anywhere in a crosswalk and stay stopped until they’ve finished crossing.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha [breath] Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha [breath] Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Never gonna happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 20, 2022 8:39 PM

R383, you can, in fact, carry self-defense sprays, including pepper spray, in New York, but only in a small container. Pepper spray is regulated to some extent in most states.

by Anonymousreply 385January 20, 2022 8:45 PM

Yeah pepper spray is legal in NY but you can't buy it online legally, have to go to a store authorized to sell it.

by Anonymousreply 386January 20, 2022 8:48 PM

Empty shelves everywhere, still. It takes a trip to three different stores to get everything on my list. Not crazy stuff, either.

Also, was in a store today and an absolute lunatic came in shouting and raging. The police showed up quickly, but the person had left already, shouting the N-word (he appeared Latino, himself). Thank god he didn’t seem to be interested in confronting anyone, because he was a big dude.

by Anonymousreply 387January 20, 2022 9:12 PM

Empty shelves are a problem everywhere r387.

by Anonymousreply 388January 20, 2022 9:18 PM

R388, I don’t know. People here at DL claiming they have no empty shelves or shortages where they live. My sister in CT brags that she doesn’t have that problem.

*shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 389January 20, 2022 9:43 PM

Is NY a breeding ground for the mentally ill, or are your psychos more likely to display themselves?

by Anonymousreply 390January 20, 2022 9:50 PM

I have mace and pepper spray.

If you take the subway, you see lots of people selling candy all the time, once I saw a guy selling socks, then last month, I saw a guy selling pepper spray...I bought 2! I usually never buy anything from anyone. This guy is super smart and I'm sure he made lots of money.

It was only 10 bucks each. You can go to hardware stores and buy them but they are usually more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 391January 20, 2022 10:01 PM

NYPD reported more subway assaults in 2021 than any year since 1997

The NYPD reported 461 felony assaults in the subway system last year — a disturbing rate not seen since 1997, according to data released ahead of Monday’s MTA board meetings.

Eight homicides also occurred in the transit system in 2021, the highest since such statistics started being tracked in 1997.

The troubling subterranean trend is despite a decline in crime at the year’s end. In December, there were 194 total major felonies — down from 235 in November, the NYPD said.

Subway robberies — which doubled from October to November — plummeted in December, from 88 the previous month to 58.

Grand larceny and assault also dropped in December, when one murder and four rapes were also reported.

Overall, cops reported 2.46 crimes per million riders — well above both the 1.47 crimes per million riders reported in all of 2019 and comparatively lower figures from just this past summer.

Average weekday subway ridership in January is 2.3 million, according to MTA statistics.

Mayor Eric Adams took office Jan. 1 and pledged to reassign NYPD officers on desk duty to subway patrols. The city has nevertheless continued to experience tragedies on the rails, most notably the recent subway shove killing of Michelle Go.

MTA Chair Janno Lieber said on Sunday that he had spoken with the mayor about subway safety “several times” and that Adams agrees with his push for cops to be stationed on trains and platforms.

“Riders want to see the cops in the areas where they feel a little more vulnerability, and that’s the platform’s and on the trains,” Lieber said on ABC7 New York. “The mayor has stepped up … and said not only are we using the cops who were in Transit, but the cops who are at surface level doing patrol are also going to come down into the system as well.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 24, 2022 3:37 PM

R376^

by Anonymousreply 393January 24, 2022 4:12 PM

One of you guys from DC need to get a job at the Senate gym and snap a pic of Ossoff in his full glory.

by Anonymousreply 394January 26, 2022 3:56 AM

NY is transitioning into the East coast San Francisco and Chicago with brazen thieves unafraid of being prosecuted or arrested hence the closings of Rite Aids and Walgreens and shootings everywhere including an emergency room that went into lockdown as a gunman opened fire. You're not safe anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 395January 26, 2022 8:05 PM

There are weeds growing out of the cracked sidewalks here in the burnt ruins of 5th Ave. An alien scenescape as incinerated shells that were once buses litter the black and brown remains of a once vibrant city. Shadows lurk and scurry in the darkness, raising the hackles on the back of one’s neck……..

by Anonymousreply 396January 26, 2022 8:27 PM

R396 that sounds better than the reality.

by Anonymousreply 397January 26, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote][R396] that sounds better than the reality.

To borrow one of your overused words, r397/ (certified)brandonjoseph/FormerNewYorker/FNY. that's fabulist!

Ye shall also know FNY from his use of "Granny", "Sybil", and repetition after repetition that other posters who disagree with him "need to get laid". You can find many examples of these in his over 150 posts in this thread alone, never mind any other NYC threads that he infests. One idly wonders why he's so obsessed with convincing others to hate NYC as much as he does.

by Anonymousreply 398January 26, 2022 8:58 PM

R398 you know I think you nuts and you're continuing pointless, long-winded rants only support my belief.

by Anonymousreply 399January 26, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote][R398] you know I think you nuts and you're continuing pointless, long-winded rants only support my belief.

Oh, dear! Grammar is not your strong point, is it, FNY?

by Anonymousreply 400January 26, 2022 9:15 PM

R400 most of the content of your same old same old diatribes are ignored by me and I could care less how grammatically correct my hastily composed responses are.

by Anonymousreply 401January 26, 2022 9:24 PM

Oh, dear!

I think you mean you *couldn't* care less, Former New Yorker, r401? Perhaps if you were a little less hasty in your barely composed responses, you'd make at least a little more sense. Your accusations of me being long-winded and repetitive are laughable in the face of the fact that you have posted over 150 times in a thread of just over 400 posts - and 20 of those posts were back-to-back replies to yourself!

You aren't doing a very good job of ignoring me, as you have responded to all two of my posts and will probably respond to this one with some schoolyard insult, as you always do.

I have now posted 3 times, and since you've effectively shown everyone what an obsessive loon you are, I'm off to listen to some jazz at my local bar.

by Anonymousreply 402January 26, 2022 9:42 PM

R402 Sounds fabulist! So jealous!

by Anonymousreply 403January 26, 2022 10:57 PM

Where’s the beef? Video shows man stealing 10 steaks from NYC Trader Joe’s

The suspect — now wanted by cops — was at the grocery store’s East 14th Street location around 8:30 a.m. when he was caught on footage strolling out the door with 10 packages of meat piled up in his arms.

Two helpless Trader Joe’s staffers had followed the man up an escalator leading to the store’s exit but only stopped him from taking a shopping basket outside — not the meat, the video shows.

“They basically just tell us not to do anything, just let them go,” a Trader Joe’s worker, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, later explained to The Post.

“We get in trouble if we do anything … It don’t bother me, I’ve been working here for two years, I see it happen every day. After a while, you just don’t care.”

Earlier this month, steak and fish retailers told The Post that shoplifters have been stealing pricey grocery items from their shops and reselling them to unscrupulous bodegas in other parts of the city, forcing them to jack up their prices or opt out of selling the gourmet items altogether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404February 9, 2022 12:50 PM

Stolen gourmet steaks and seafood hightailed off to Bronx bodegas

It’s a confluence of two hot-button issues: the sharply rising prices retailers — and their customers — are facing as inflation is stuck at 40-year highs and the smash-and-grab antics seen across the country as some say light-touch policing is encouraging theft.

As for inflation, it’s so off the charts that tony grocer Citarella is now selling crab meat for $99 a pound — up from around $35 just six months ago.

And as for the thefts? Some stores aren’t even stocking the highest-dollar items anymore — because the stuff is ripe for shoplifters.

Citarella owner Joe Gurrera tells The Post that seafood prices have been high for months. At his stores, wild lump crabmeat is $99 a pound, wild stone crab claws and lobster meat is $89.99 a pound and wild Nantucket Bay scallops are $79 a pound.

At Morton Williams, Colello calculates that an 8-ounce lobster tail now costs $32 a pound, wholesale — which would be around $60 a pound retail. Prices across the store are up 30% to 60% in just the past month, he says. And sales are down 15% to 20%. So he’s just staying away from most of the higher-end seafood, he says.

“You see it for yourself. The prices are nuts. What are you supposed to eat? That’s why shoplifting is so bad,” Colello said, adding that some Rite Aids around New York City already have announced closings due to extreme shoplifting, as The Post reported last week.

Avi Kaner, the CEO and co-owner of Morton Williams said in his 25 years with the grocer, he’s never seen as much theft.

“They are coming in with garbage bags to steal for profit and sell the goods to unscrupulous businesses,” he said, alleging that much of the pilfered stuff ends up on shelves at smaller bodegas in the Bronx and elsewhere.

Colello, Kaner’s meat and fish director, said this past Saturday, they nabbed a guy stealing $150 worth of porterhouse steaks and $200 worth of candles.

“He said that supermarkets and bodega owners in the Bronx and elsewhere pay $5 per for each steak and candle,” Colello claimed.

Meanwhile, the costs are driving paying customers away from fish and other seafood, the grocers contend — just as people turned back to the kitchen and cooking during the pandemic.

“People were buying fish like crazy,” Colello said. “But now they are shying away from fish. It’s just too expensive. In my 10 years as director of buying, I have never raised so many prices like this. In the last three months, I’ve raised more prices than I have in the last 10 years.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405February 9, 2022 12:52 PM

a manager of a CVS in Queens was stabbed attempting to stop shoplifter

by Anonymousreply 406February 9, 2022 3:24 PM

Al Sharpton is asking Mayor Adamas to curb crime because stores are locking up his toothpaste. Apparently, Al doesn't take the subway.

by Anonymousreply 407February 9, 2022 8:02 PM

It's hard to make a living in NY. 7 cops shot so far this year, a woman fatally stabbed in the back in a random attack on her way to her job at Pathmark, a manager of a Queens in CVS was stabbed while attempting to stop a shoplifter and MTA bus drivers want bullet proof vests.

by Anonymousreply 408February 9, 2022 9:30 PM

R408 dont forget the poor teen shot to death while working at a Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 409February 9, 2022 9:50 PM

All this doom and gloom in this silly little thread. Yet in real life all I hear people talking about is how crazy the rental market is right now. Apartments are so expensive and are gone in a flash.

If only the scary NY of this thread existed and scared people away. Could finally get more affordable rents.

by Anonymousreply 410February 9, 2022 10:26 PM

R410 with offices at only 25% capacity and hotels and restaurants closed rent is not on the mind of tourists and office workers who aren't in a hurry to return to the city, and it isn't just COVID. Look at the bigger picture silly!

by Anonymousreply 411February 10, 2022 12:28 AM

74% of New York voters in a Quinnipiac College poll say crime is a very serious problem in the Big Apple which is the highest ever recorded since the Quinnipiac poll first asked this question in 1999.

by Anonymousreply 412February 10, 2022 1:13 AM

Because since 1999, NYC has been ridiculously safe - the safest big city in America. When things look like when I moved here in the late 80s/90s, maybe it will affect things. As it is, it’s still one of the safest cities in America. With lockdowns and masking ending, cities will boom again. Ex, rental prices.

by Anonymousreply 413February 10, 2022 1:38 AM

R413 define 'ridiculously safe'

by Anonymousreply 414February 10, 2022 1:46 AM

The theft of the steaks and the locked-up toothpaste is the story. There have always been crazed axe murderers and random stabbings and whatever. What's going on right now is a lot of low-level, nonviolent grifting: the mass theft of newspapers from apartment buildings, the recurring theft of mail. I mean, who the hell steals newspapers? Groups of people who resell them to bodega owners, it turns out. Everyone's looking for that extra buck.

by Anonymousreply 415February 10, 2022 2:20 AM

R415 do you work for Douglas Elliman?

by Anonymousreply 416February 10, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote] I mean, who the hell steals newspapers?

Don't look at us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417February 10, 2022 4:08 AM

a lot of it is organized crime. They are stealing from the stores and re-selling them on Amazon and ebay and elsewhere online.

by Anonymousreply 418February 10, 2022 1:12 PM

adding to all the retail space currently for lease are several Duane Reade's and Walgreen's closing in some neighborhood's partly due to rising theft.

by Anonymousreply 419February 10, 2022 1:16 PM

Fear City in 48 hours

Double shooting in Brooklyn leaves 2 injured 1 dead

Uber driver shot while dropping off passenger in Brooklyn

Sanitation worker shot in Hell's Kitchen

Teen stabbed on NYC subway for ignoring a man's question

39-year-old woman sliced with boxcutter on subway

South Korean diplomat sucker-punched in unprovoked attack in Midtown

10-year-old fatally struck when driver with learning permit hops curb in Queens

Pedestrian struck when motorist drives into UWS Trader Joe's

MTA bus driver attacked with tree branch in the Bronx

by Anonymousreply 420February 10, 2022 10:29 PM

FUCK NEW YORK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421February 10, 2022 11:56 PM

From CNN:

(CNN)A man who allegedly assaulted a Chinese immigrant in New York City last year has been charged with murder in the second degree as a hate crime, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg announced Thursday.

Jarrod Powell allegedly approached 61-year-old Yao Pan Ma from behind as the man collected cans at an East Harlem corner, struck him and kicked him in the head multiple times in April 2021, according to police. Ma died of his injuries eight months later.

The New York Police Department (NYPD) recorded 524 hate crime incidents in the city last year -- nearly double the 2020 count, according to a department report. That number is the highest it's been in at least five years, according to NYPD's archive. The most common hate crime bias motivation was anti-Jewish sentiment, according to NYPD data, but hate crimes motivated by anti-Asian bias saw the largest increase between 2020 and 2021. About 131 anti-Asian incidents were confirmed in 2021 -- a massive jump from the 27 reported in 2020, and the single incident reported a year prior.

by Anonymousreply 422February 11, 2022 2:12 AM

R421 New York is fucked!

by Anonymousreply 423February 12, 2022 9:17 AM

R388 Empty shelves a particular problem in New York where Duane Reade, Gristede's, Trader Joes . . . need to go into shelf defense mode as so much theft is creating empty shelves, dwindling profits, danger, store closures and loss of jobs.

by Anonymousreply 424February 12, 2022 9:38 AM

NYC is fine, how are things in Glocca Mora?

Does that laddie with the twinklin' eye Come smilin' by and does he walk away,

by Anonymousreply 425February 13, 2022 1:11 AM

we're good here in gotham, how's it going in east bumfukistan? shot any blacks? gators eaten anyone? how's the book burnings going?

by Anonymousreply 426February 13, 2022 1:23 AM

R425 & R426 sound like they're in Da Nile

by Anonymousreply 427February 13, 2022 1:48 AM

pure hell here in NYC, don't even think about coming here. you're much safer in mom's basement. if you dare venture out, the olive garden at the local mall may be worth the risk

by Anonymousreply 428February 13, 2022 1:55 AM

R428 Fortunately there's more out there than New York Shitty and mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 429February 13, 2022 2:11 AM

yep, Branson MO fits the bill for you

by Anonymousreply 430February 13, 2022 2:34 AM

R430 why such a narrow-minded, limited purview? You sound like a basement dweller

by Anonymousreply 431February 13, 2022 2:41 AM

Moving into a new apartment next week. I was worried about finding one since the market isn't great right now but overall it took me about a week and a half. I'm very relieved and love my new place, so very thankful.

by Anonymousreply 432February 13, 2022 3:34 AM

You’re a basement dweller!

by Anonymousreply 433February 13, 2022 5:04 PM

No YOU’RE the basement dweller!

by Anonymousreply 434February 13, 2022 5:04 PM

No, YOU ARE!

I said it first!

by Anonymousreply 435February 13, 2022 5:05 PM

No. You are!

by Anonymousreply 436February 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Just returned from a week in Florida where all people talk about is how horrible NYC is. I'm very happy to be back in NYC but minimizing crime doesn't help anyone. I can see all the negative talk about NYC hurting tourism. I hate tourists but it's an industry that drives a lot of commerce.

by Anonymousreply 437February 13, 2022 5:17 PM

Weekend update: Reasons to stay safely in the basement.

Woman in Chinatown fatally stabbed after a night out by a man who followed her home

Man in custody in connection with double homicide

Two men shot dead on Bronx street

NYPD looking for shoplifter who punched Duane Reade worker in face

16-year-old shot in the Bronx

Teen brothers being held without bail in shooting of off duty NYPD housing cop

Suspect arraigned in Hell's Kitchen shooting of sanitation worker

UWS landmark church chaining front doors due to vagrancy, violence

Man slashed on southbound Q train Saturday night

Man shot in the arm and leg when a squabble turned violent in a Brooklyn housing project

by Anonymousreply 438February 13, 2022 5:33 PM

Since when did America become so concerned with any rando crime in NYC? We were told to drop dead by the feds and were on our own through 3 decades of some of the highest crime rates in the western world. Now everyone is scrounging around looking for crime to clutch their pearls over. It’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

We had security guards driving around outside our apartment complex every hour and 2 security guys inside. Twenty years later Bloomberg allowed the building to leave the middle income housing program. The Cushman was long gone, the security guys were renamed doormen and concierge. My apartment last sold for $1.7M several years ago. Yeah, it’s a real hub of crime now, lol.

by Anonymousreply 439February 14, 2022 2:21 AM

R426 Gran book burning to say nothing of books is so passe. And what about the fires in SoHo caused by the homeless?

by Anonymousreply 440February 14, 2022 2:25 AM

R437 I was in Miami and Fort Lauderdale in December 2021 and no one was talking about NY at all. Floridians don't seem concerned with NY and certainly not concerned as many on DL seem concerned about Fla.

by Anonymousreply 441February 14, 2022 2:42 AM

R439 where in Uranus are you located?

by Anonymousreply 442February 14, 2022 2:49 AM

Cold and snowing at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 443February 14, 2022 2:50 AM

Creep tries to rape woman in lobby of her East Village building: NYPD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444February 14, 2022 3:26 AM

The NYT has a front page story now about an Asian woman murdered in her apartment. The big issue for them is the rise of Asian hate crimes. I haven’t read the whole story but so far nowhere in the article does it identify the race of the murderer. But all the recent random murders of Asian women have been done by black men so do the math. In every murder of a black man by a white, the races are always clearly identified. But the NYT can’t mention the elephant in the room here.Everybody knows what’s happening but no one is allowed to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 445February 14, 2022 4:00 AM

R445, They caught that guy, he was hiding under her bed in her apt when the police came. He is a homeless person with a rap sheet. I do not understand how the woman didn't know someone was following behind her. esp in the apt.

by Anonymousreply 446February 14, 2022 4:04 AM

Woman fatally stabbed inside NYC apartment after being followed: cops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447February 14, 2022 4:06 AM

So this will be the 4th murder of an Asian woman by a crazy homeless (and I assume black) male. If I’m wrong I apologize. And now we’ll get the Op Ed’s about POC andTrump and his hateful Chinese virus,comments. But no one will admit crazy black men are killing Asian women in NYC because they’re seen as weak, easy targets. And also because of their race.

by Anonymousreply 448February 14, 2022 4:11 AM

Never mind I saw the NY Post article. Just as I expected. Should have been I jail for other offenses but out and about.

by Anonymousreply 449February 14, 2022 4:13 AM

Republicons are steamed up about bail reform. What? Let the colored people out of jail? Those coloreds put money in the pockets of jail guards, wardens, politicians, judges, DAs, cops, parole officers, social workers, bus companies, plumbers, exterminators, county clerks, catering companies that specialize in making compressed soy look like baloney sandwiches. There’s a whole prison industrial complex out there that fuels the economy. Let them coloreds out of jail and money flies out the window.

Btw, people think that only private jails make money for people. You are so wrong. County, state and federal prisons put money into many, many pockets. I bet Soviet gulags didn’t have as many people in jail as the US has now.

by Anonymousreply 450February 14, 2022 4:32 AM

Not to victim blame R444 but people really need to learn to look both ways before opening their apartment/building door to enter. Make sure that dude isn't getting in.

by Anonymousreply 451February 14, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote] I was in Miami and Fort Lauderdale in December 2021 and no one was talking about NY at all. Floridians don't seem concerned with NY and certainly not concerned as many on DL seem concerned about Fla.

That's funny, because so many are transplanted New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 452February 14, 2022 6:01 AM

I long for the days when there were porn shops and live sex shows in NYC. Now, it's just shit without the fun.

by Anonymousreply 453February 14, 2022 6:02 AM

R452 and now that they fled NY are they still bad-mouthing it? Floridians that I know and met don't just start initiating conversations about NY.

by Anonymousreply 454February 14, 2022 3:50 PM

Another violent weekend in NY claims at least six lives.

by Anonymousreply 455February 14, 2022 3:58 PM

Run away, run away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456February 14, 2022 5:04 PM

Former New Yorker continues to masturbate wildly to this thread.

Do not approach - he is thought to be able to spray his seed through his nostrils.

by Anonymousreply 457February 14, 2022 5:08 PM

The anti-city movement being propagated by Fox et al is interesting. Reminds me of the 1970s-80s fear of things urban. But also makes me realize how dramatically the Sex and the City era reshaped the country’s perception of cities. Suddenly everyone wanted to live in the city. I guess we are moving into the other side of the cycle again. Maybe it will get rid of all the poseurs who move to the city for the “glamor” instead of the interesting and interested people.

by Anonymousreply 458February 14, 2022 5:09 PM

I hope everyone leaves so the rents will drop. They are at an all time high...

by Anonymousreply 459February 14, 2022 5:11 PM

R458 you mean interesting people like the loon at R457?

by Anonymousreply 460February 14, 2022 5:11 PM

r457 might be crude, but he isn't wrong, r460/brandonjoseph/FNY/Former New Yorker.

You have posted close to 200 times on this thread alone. You've previously posted 20 posts back-to-back *to yourself* on this thread. I am not sure what you expect to achieve by posting so frequently.

by Anonymousreply 461February 14, 2022 5:29 PM

Another disaster in New York - a geyser of liquid shit has erupted and is causing an eight-block long sewage flood.

The source of the crap has been reported to be the asshole of Former New Yorker, who saw a black person.

by Anonymousreply 462February 14, 2022 5:44 PM

R461 and why do you care? Ignore and live your dream life.

by Anonymousreply 463February 14, 2022 6:42 PM

I find your anti-NYC obsession oddly fascinating, r463/brandonjoseph/FNY/Former New Yorker. Now I'm off to drop off my laundry and have a cup of tea in my local coffee shop. Maybe play a game of chess - or a round or two of poker.

I know: "FABULIST!"

by Anonymousreply 464February 14, 2022 7:06 PM

R464 sounds mundane Sybill. Your other sock puppet accounts have greater imagination.

by Anonymousreply 465February 14, 2022 7:26 PM

There is a rise in anti-Semitic attacks as well. A crossing guard at un UWS school was yanked from her post for spewing Ant-Semitic bile at parents and children and a Jewish man was slapped and his yarmulke knocked off in a random attack Friday in what appears to be a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 466February 14, 2022 7:45 PM

There is nothing on this planet that could ever convince me to move to FL. I say good riddance and don’t come back.

by Anonymousreply 467February 14, 2022 7:48 PM

Good. We don't want you! New York transplants are the worst - pushy, demanding, constantly telling us how great New York is. If it's so great, move back!

by Anonymousreply 468February 14, 2022 7:57 PM

Bail reform has been a disaster 43% let go in NYC were rearrested

by Anonymousreply 469February 15, 2022 3:45 AM

A lady was murdered in Chinatown. I hope the other 8 million people in NYC have bought guns and barricaded themselves in their apartments. Certainly each of those other 8 million is next to be victimized.

by Anonymousreply 470February 15, 2022 4:19 AM

R420 one never knows.

by Anonymousreply 471February 15, 2022 4:37 AM

[quote] How are things in NYC at the moment?

To better answer that question one should refer to the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 472February 15, 2022 4:53 AM

or Asians and Jews R472

by Anonymousreply 473February 15, 2022 5:28 AM

FEAR CITY: sales of pepper spray have spiked in NY after the brutal murder in Chinatown

by Anonymousreply 474February 16, 2022 6:17 AM

R474, in part because Former New Yorker has bought them to use as anal lube.

by Anonymousreply 475February 16, 2022 6:23 AM

The mayor is blaming the reporters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476February 16, 2022 7:12 AM

Here you go. Pulling the race card this early can only signal bad times ahead. You voted for him, you deserve him.

by Anonymousreply 477February 16, 2022 11:16 AM

R47 Looks like Adams is going to be another nail in the coffin of NYC

by Anonymousreply 478February 16, 2022 2:24 PM

Still licking the cum off your hands, I see.

by Anonymousreply 479February 16, 2022 3:11 PM

NYC has more people in it that North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Vermont, Alaska, Montana, Delaware and Rhode Island.

Anyone care to find out from each state how many people were murdered this weekend? I’m sure it will be at least 6, once they add up the obvious ones and actually go looking for any people who were reported missing and are buried in the backwoods.

by Anonymousreply 480February 16, 2022 3:53 PM

Clarification ….NYC has more people than all the above mentioned states’ populations combined.

by Anonymousreply 481February 16, 2022 3:55 PM

FEAR CITY:

Trio pistol-whipped woman in NYC using baseball bats to smash up her car with 2 children inside.

Man fatally shot on LIRR train headed to NYC

by Anonymousreply 482February 16, 2022 4:03 PM

Lol you are counting a guy shot in Ronkonkoma out in Suffolk county now r482.

Man, you are one of the weirder trolls we've had. Just endlessly posting away hundreds of post trying to find any crime you can. Do you have a job?

by Anonymousreply 483February 16, 2022 4:08 PM

[quote] NYC has more people in it that North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Vermont, Alaska, Montana, Delaware and Rhode Island. Anyone care to find out from each state how many people were murdered this weekend? I’m sure it will be at least 6, once they add up the obvious ones and actually go looking for any people who were reported missing and are buried in the backwoods

Nice attempt at deflection, but it didn't work. New York is deteriorating. Embrace it.

by Anonymousreply 484February 16, 2022 4:09 PM

Person who once went to New York found dead.

Man who said the words "New" and "York" also dead, stabbed to death with knife, possibly from New York.

Man in York, UK, dead, possibly of saying the word "New".

Ape attacks woman, like King Kong, set in New York.

Former New Yorker sees black person, shits self.

by Anonymousreply 485February 16, 2022 4:16 PM

Man bitten by new yorkie, may require stitches.

Scary movie set in New York.

Cavities in teeth caused by excessive consumption of sweets, including York peppermint patties.

Duke of York accused of kiddie-fiddling.

Former New Yorker jerks off to picture of Donald Trump's golf swing.

by Anonymousreply 486February 16, 2022 4:44 PM

Subway sandwich spokesperson accused of kiddie-fiddling, subways are in New York

Empire Strikes Back has word Empire in it like Empire State Building in New York.

Darth Vader still not returning Steve Bannon's calls.

Pervert rapes self.

I like vanilla it wrote me a letter once.

by Anonymousreply 487February 16, 2022 4:46 PM

Such humor in the last few posts, reminiscent of the stand up comedian on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 488February 16, 2022 5:03 PM

Go lick a toilet, "former New Yorker".

by Anonymousreply 489February 16, 2022 5:05 PM

R483 people in my office are not remotely interested in returning to the office in NYC for a number of good reasons and commuting and the safety of trains, busses and subways is one of them. MTA bus drives 2 weeks ago asked for bullet proof vests!

by Anonymousreply 490February 16, 2022 6:41 PM

Commuter Hell: Woman robbed at knifepoint on E Train Friday 9:35 am at the W4th Street Station in Greenwich Village

3 people were struck by subway trains and at least one fatally over a 12-hour period across NYC

by Anonymousreply 491February 16, 2022 7:19 PM

Bird shits on taxicab in queue at Yale Club

Commuter pees on Penn Station toilet seat

Dog shits on sidewalk adjacent to Bloomindale's

Former New Yorker stands in above-cited dog shit

Bird shits second time, this time on old air conditioner unit sticking out of building at 86th and Amsterdam.

Enormous penis sucked at glory hole at dive bar on Beekman

Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man stands on church on Central Park West

Bird shits third time, location unknown.

by Anonymousreply 492February 16, 2022 7:26 PM

The new mayor will fix everything. He's doing a great job not causing controversy and looking out after all New Yorkers. Only racists object to what he is doing. See:

"My low skill workers — my cooks, my dishwashers, my messengers, my shoe shine people, those who are working at Dunkin' Donuts — they don't have the academic skills to sit in the corner office," he said Tuesday.

Racist AOC replied:

The suggestion that any job is “low skill” is a myth perpetuated by wealthy interests to justify inhumane working conditions, little/no healthcare, and low wages," she tweeted. "Plus being a waitress has made me and many others *better* at our jobs than those who’ve never known that life."

Our great mayor responded:

When confronted with the tweet Thursday morning, Adams appeared to laugh the attack off.

'Right now, we are in a society where we have the "words police,"' said Adams, 61, smiling as he spoke. 'Everyone wants to take every term you use and try to make it seem that you want to be offensive.'

by Anonymousreply 493February 16, 2022 7:53 PM

R483 Yeah, I have a job crime reporting!

by Anonymousreply 494February 17, 2022 2:24 AM

R480 so by your calculation there would be more crime per square mile in NY than in several states in their entirety. Not a comforting thought.

by Anonymousreply 495February 17, 2022 2:35 AM

R483 how would you describe the sex deprived, obsessive troll with the mind of a 5th grader @ R479 R485 R486 R487 R489 R492?

by Anonymousreply 496February 17, 2022 2:40 AM

PS R483 In other words describe yourself

by Anonymousreply 497February 17, 2022 2:43 AM

Gunman stole $146K worth of jewelry from 2 men at a NY restaurant. WTF! With stores being robbed right and left why not just put a target on your back? Crime has become so random and brazen.

by Anonymousreply 498February 17, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote] Gunman stole $146K worth of jewelry from 2 men at a NY restaurant.

Which category were the victims. Rappers, NBA players, or Russian mafia?

by Anonymousreply 499February 17, 2022 10:45 PM

R483 Not just in Ronkonkomo!

Man punches 4-year-old, kicks cop in afternoon Times Square attack.

Man stabbed in the eye during an attempted robbery in Queens.

Cops nab second suspect in fatal Bronx broad daylight drive by shooting.

Victim sliced outside Chelsea Whole Foods

Breakdancer stabbed aboard NYC subway in random, unprovoked attack

Man charged in stabbing death of roommate in Crown Heights

Two stabbed during fight near Brooklyn high school

by Anonymousreply 500February 19, 2022 7:36 PM

Snow squall alert!

by Anonymousreply 501February 19, 2022 7:44 PM

Thanks, R501 hopefully tough New Yorkers can handle a few flakes in a city filled with 'em!

by Anonymousreply 502February 19, 2022 8:13 PM

The subways are crowded again with people sitting very close to eachother. Sad seeing so many hotels boarded up.

by Anonymousreply 503February 19, 2022 8:35 PM

R503 On Saturday 2 people were stuck by subway trains one fatally in two separate incidents that occurred within hours of each other and 2 people were slashed on Manhattan subways in two separate incidents. WTHF!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 504February 20, 2022 5:47 AM

50 things to do in NYC this month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 4, 2022 4:11 PM

Yet another unprovoked NYC subway attack as woman, 68, slashed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506March 4, 2022 4:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507March 4, 2022 4:16 PM

Thanks, R505 but there are 500 marvelous things to do all over the US and Puerto Rico that don't involve getting sliced, hammered, shoved onto the subway track, robbed, spattered with feces . . .

by Anonymousreply 508March 4, 2022 10:04 PM

Wallet with $4,000 lost in Times Square incredibly returned to owner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 4, 2022 10:16 PM

Had a blast on a Monday night this week. Great to see so many people out on a weekday. Noticed a lot were new arrivals. Think a lot of kids took advantage of the moment and moved to NYC. Has added a while new level of. Vitality to the city.

by Anonymousreply 510March 4, 2022 11:01 PM

Kaleidoscopic orchid show. I saw this in 2020. It was gorgeous.

We do have some bizarre anti-nyc, crime-obsessed trolls here, don't we?

Just kidding - it's mostly brandonjoseph aka Former New Yorker, who has posted over 200 times in this thread alone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 4, 2022 11:33 PM

R510 Nice try Erik but people don't want to return to their offices yet.

by Anonymousreply 512March 4, 2022 11:52 PM

Former New Yorker got lucky this week.

He found a fresh dog turd that was over eight inches long.

A little furniture polish and some shellac and wah-hey the lads!

by Anonymousreply 513March 5, 2022 2:12 AM

From CNN:

Major crimes in New York City spiked nearly 60% in February compared to the same month in 2021 -- a large majority occurring in a small swath of the metropolis -- as Mayor Eric Adams rolled out his plan to combat gun violence and crime in the city.

The New York Police Department tracked increases across every major crime category. The city recorded a 41% increase in overall major crime through the first months of 2022 compared to the same period last year, including a nearly 54% increase in robberies, a 56% increase in grand larceny incidents and a 22% increase in rape reports, the data shows.

As the violent crime wave continues, most of the incidents are occurring in a small fraction of the city's neighborhoods, according to Christopher Herrmann, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and a former crime analyst supervisor with the NYPD.

"The violent crime problem isn't spreading much," Herrmann said. "The huge increase in hate crimes and subway crimes are all really just an increase of more people being outside."

The city reported 85 hate crimes through the first two months of 2022, a significant increase from the 35 hate crimes reported during the same period last year, NYPD data shows.

The mayor resurrected the NYPD's controversial anti-crime unit in January in response to a wave of violence during his first month in office, including a Harlem shooting that left two police officers dead after responding to domestic incident and the death of Michelle Alyssa Go, a woman who was pushed to her death in front of a Times Square subway train.

The anti-crime unit, which was disbanded in August 2020 following racial justice protests and unrest across the country, was rebranded as Neighborhood Safety Teams tasked with patrolling high-crime neighborhoods.

"We cannot rely on NYPD to arrest its way out of our ongoing increasing crime wave," said Herrmann of John Jay College. "We need to try other crime prevention programs and develop new neighborhood and community partnerships that focus on crime prevention as a longer-term strategy."

Crime in New York reached historic lows over the past three decades before numbers started to go up in 2020, a spate that has continued over the last two years and mirrors what is being felt in big cities around the country. The number of major crimes reported in February 2022 -- 9,138 -- represents a 19.7% from 2020 and a nearly 47% increase from 2019, city data shows.

Since the beginning of 2022, there have been 375 transit crimes, a jump of nearly 73% compared to the same period in 2021 that recorded 217 transit crimes, according to city data. This comes as ridership in the city's transit system continues to increase but has yet to reach pre-pandemic levels.

by Anonymousreply 514March 5, 2022 1:00 PM

and R514 NYC saw the deadliest February for car crashes in 14 years. NYC, you in trouble girl!

by Anonymousreply 515March 5, 2022 1:45 PM

Sounds like you had another marvelous Friday night in NY R513 You should hook up with the 'poop perp' since scat seems to be to your liking

by Anonymousreply 516March 5, 2022 6:08 PM

It's basically rinse, repeat as the city is seemingly circling the drain. Another subway attack with a hammer at the 14th street station Tuesday and two men were shot in Chelsea, another hit and run killing a 62-year-old woman in Brooklyn, 2 teens robbed at gunpoint in Prospect Park, and to prove things are really going down the toilet a sleeping man caught urinating on an F train!

by Anonymousreply 517March 9, 2022 4:30 AM

Worse than ever it would seem. 29 people shot in 24 incidents over the weekend. A 9-year-old tourist sucker punched near Central Park Sunday by a 27-year-old man in the latest random attack.

by Anonymousreply 518March 21, 2022 10:28 PM

^^^ is an almost verbatim quote from the NYPost.

Of course the link isn't posted because the story continues on to say the man has a history of mental illness and suicidal ideation and was apprehended immediately. So while this incident is new, it is not the escalation of crime they wish you to believe.

Please join me in awarding a FF to the shitposting troll.

by Anonymousreply 519March 21, 2022 10:42 PM

[quote] A 9-year-old tourist sucker punched near Central Park Sunday by a 27-year-old man

Raheem Ramsarran of Harlem, no picture offered

by Anonymousreply 520March 21, 2022 10:50 PM

Gladly, r519. Poster 518 is the brandon joseph/FormerNewYorker/FNY crime blotter troll. He is responsible for over a third of this thread, and near half of other nyc threads. Truly obsessive.

Hard to imagine what he thinks he's going to accomplish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 21, 2022 10:56 PM

New York is stocking up on Beano in anticipation of the "Funny Girl" opening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 21, 2022 11:58 PM

R519 Like the woman who shoved the voice coach to her death in Chelsea, the man who punched a woman reading a menu at an UWS restaurant or the man who attacked 2 women at MoMA last week or the man who threw feces in a woman's face on a subway platform a while back it's the same old shit, the perpetrator suffers from mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 523March 22, 2022 1:44 AM

PS R519 escalation means increase and these are crimes no matter who perpetrated them and FFing me won't change that. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 524March 22, 2022 1:52 AM

Actually, [R519]. The poster known as 518/523/524/brandon joseph/FormerNewYorker/FNY/crime blotter troll is right. FFing him is pointless. He will just keep endlessly posting for no real apparent reason. At least 7 of the last 11 posts are his. He's posted over 200 times in this thread alone.

So, here's some things to enjoy in nyc this spring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 22, 2022 2:20 AM

R14 where else have you lived to make that determination if you've lived in NY for decades?

by Anonymousreply 526March 22, 2022 3:27 AM

^ brandon joseph/FormerNewYorker/FNY/crime blotter troll desperation again - reaching back to 3 months ago to ask a question, painfully parsing r14 's post. They said:

[quote]I feel and have always felt much safer in NYC than anywhere else. I've lived here for decades and that hasn't changed.

Why would r14 have to have lived someplace else in order to feel safer in nyc? I feel safer in NYC than I do in New Orleans. Los Angeles. Detroit. Pittsburgh. Chicago. I've spent time in those places. I don't have to have lived there to feel safer here in NYC.

What did New York do to you that you are trying SO hard to make everyone else hate and fear NYC as much as you do? Seriously: over TWO HUNDRED POSTS?

Here are some other things to do in nyc this spring:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527March 22, 2022 4:05 AM

They finally did something with this poor oppressed creep.

The sicko who allegedly smeared his own feces on a New York City straphanger’s face last month finally got dumped behind bars on Monday.

Frank Abrokwa, 37, got jailed after his arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court, where Judge Michael Gaffey set his bail at $5,000 on 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒉 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒅.

Prior to his arrest Saturday, Abrokwa had been free to roam the streets — having been released without bail in both the heinous Feb. 21 attack on a Bronx subway, and a separate hate crime charge in Brooklyn.

Abrokwa has a lengthy rap sheet, with more than 20 arrests since 1999, including two other attacks on the transit system on Feb. 5 and Jan. 7, for which he was on supervised release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 22, 2022 4:25 AM

Last Wednesday a woman slashed another woman on a D train for refusing to comply with her request to stop eating food on the subway. Adams should mandate free Xanax for New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 529March 23, 2022 7:59 PM

I’ve witnessed family picnic’s on the subway. I don’t give a fuck. It certainly has never inspired me to pull out a knife.

by Anonymousreply 530March 23, 2022 8:40 PM

[quote] I’ve witnessed family picnic’s on the subway. I don’t give a fuck. It certainly has never inspired me to pull out a knife

But you are a special person Joey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 23, 2022 8:45 PM

Tacit admission Rudy Giuliani had it right all along

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 23, 2022 9:15 PM

Great news for renters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533March 23, 2022 9:16 PM

and when does the congestion tax kick in R533?

by Anonymousreply 534March 23, 2022 10:46 PM

That's why this thread is so hilarious r533. Anyone around here knows that rents are more expensive than ever, everyone wants to be in New York so the fight for apartments is tougher than area.

All the doom and gloom on social media apparently doesn't mean jack to the real world.

by Anonymousreply 535March 23, 2022 11:26 PM

R535 does that include commercial and office space rentals? Workers are reluctant to return and only 25% of office space is occupied on a daily basis as remote and hybrid are in effect for most businesses.

by Anonymousreply 536March 23, 2022 11:35 PM

A poll from Partnership for New York City found 40%of Manhattan workers and 48% of workers from the outer boroughs saying they are thinking of moving from New York citing the overall conditions in NYC as the reason. Personal safety ranked as a top concern. The survey was taken between Feb. 17-March 11 2022. Recently mayor Adams described NY as a 'dysfunctional city'

by Anonymousreply 537March 25, 2022 2:57 AM

R535, believe me, not everyone wants to be in NY. More people would rather move out.

by Anonymousreply 538March 25, 2022 3:01 AM

R538 do you not understand what a market with increasing signifies? It means that more people are looking to move in rather than out, which I guess is the opposite of what you think lol.

by Anonymousreply 539March 25, 2022 5:29 AM

346K left NY since 2021 as many foreigners moved in and births outpaced deaths, but many parts of the city seem empty compared to 2019 and for lease signs are on many businesses.

by Anonymousreply 540March 26, 2022 7:17 PM

^ 'for lease'

by Anonymousreply 541March 26, 2022 11:46 PM

Three year old Brooklyn child shot down as she left day care.

Shooter appears to be a woman.

The child remains hospitalized in stable condition.

Police said the gunman squeezed off around five shots before fleeing on foot. It’s unclear who he was aiming at, but the target was not the girl’s father, Corey told reporters.

A day care employee, who did not wish to be identified, told The Post of the shooting: “it happened so fast.” Two other children were also in the vicinity but were unharmed, the worker said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542March 27, 2022 12:05 AM

I'm fine. Sending my love.

by Anonymousreply 543March 27, 2022 12:07 AM

Those census estimates kept saying NYC (and NJ) were losing population, and then the actual census results showed big gains in population r540.

by Anonymousreply 544March 27, 2022 12:18 AM

R544 Have you been to Manhattan recently? Your senses will tell you there are far less people here!

by Anonymousreply 545March 27, 2022 8:18 AM

^You want us to believe your idea of "senses" over the census, brandonjoseph/FNY/FormerNewYorker? Populations in censuses are typically underreported, not overreported.

It's hard to imagine what you are trying to achieve with your negativity.

Embrace your life in Weehawken. Leave us to enjoy NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 27, 2022 10:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!