Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Knots Landing

All 14 seasons are available on YouTube, search for "apolune vaults knots landing".

by Anonymousreply 55July 3, 2022 1:46 PM

I watched the pilot episode, hadn't seen it before, it was quite good. Valene was giddy with excitement as seeing the ocean for the first time. There was a fairly pointless cameo by Bobby. La Mills is yet to make an appearance. Will keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2021 10:53 PM

BREAKING DL ALERT--->>>Knots Landing IS on YOUTUBE!!...May 2022...NOT a false alarm!!....Someone---clearly a DL Hero---has posted seasons One thru Nine....Season Nine Highlights...Laura dies!!..Lotus Point concrete cracks, Peter is missing and Abby gets nervous!!..Blonde Michael loses his virginity!!..Jill Bennett has the perfect plan to kill Val!!...Italian Stud Harold comes to town. Gary argues with Jill after he defends Abby. Greg and Paige begin the ruination of the entire Knots Landing television show!!!....Watch them while you can!!!..Thank the poster and ask for more season!!....LINK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2022 7:17 AM

Season Five....Arguably the best season ever....Sumner comes to town and sets his sight on Abby but his wife doesn't like it!!...Gary is on trial for murder...CiJi is dead!! Cathy Geary is Alive!! Danielle Brisebois jumps from Archie Bunkers Place to Knots Landing!!!...Abby schemes to get married to Gary BEFORE he gets his Jock Ewing money, making her entitled to half!!...Valene gets twins!!..Gary is dead!!...Gary is alive!!...Karen, Valene, and Abby all fall victim to the Season Cliffhanger!! Abby is in way over her head and the Wolfbridge Group shows her whose boss!!....LINK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2022 7:31 AM

Season Six....Valenes long lost brother Joshua shows up...Empire Valley becomes KL version of Ewing Oil--everyone owns a piece of it and wants it for themselves...Ava Gardner---yes THAT Ava Gardner---shows up as Ruth Galveston, mother of Claudia and Greg..Karen and Mack meet a girl named Paige who claims to be family but they think Greg might be who she is looking for...Valenes babies are gone and Abby schemes to keep herself out of prison for kidnapping.. Joshua and Cathy go from hot to bad. Val continues to go off the rails. ...LINK---Abby and Ava Gardner!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2022 7:45 AM

Season 7 is all online..Link....Peter Hollister comes to Empire Valley and schemes with Jill...Abby and Karen feud over what is best for their business. Val plans one husband but is torn towards another. Gary finds out Bobby Ewing is dead in Dallas!! Val wants her dead babies back!! Greg gets an unwanted long lost relative. Joshua gets crazy and Lillymae turns on Karen. Gary wants a divorce and Abby wants a fortune!! Greg wants Laura and Cathy wants Ben and Gary wants Jill!! Abby and Peter get cozy and one of them is going to end up cracking poured cement in the parking lot!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2022 4:16 AM

It needs to get put on IMDB TV/Freevee alongside Dallas and Falcon Crest.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2022 4:25 AM

I'm too busy watching Falcon Crest. Can't think about watching Knots right now. Life's sooooo hard!

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2022 4:30 AM

R6...You are right. I am just grateful to watch these now. Better watch while you can because they might not last.......LINK----24 MINUTE MARK....Shirtless HOT Michael.....I had such a crush on him as a teenager....You're Welcome...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2022 4:34 AM

All Season 10 posted!!!....Val is found after her suicide attempt with one hell of an unproveable story!...Jill continues to weave the perfect crime. Gary takes Jills side!!..Old Greg and Young Paige continue their creepy relationship!!..Abby finds another husband!!...The mysterious Murakame takes on Lotus Point...Abby preps to Exit and Anne preps to stay!!...Gary is accused of murder AGAIN!! Olivia wants Hot Harold!! Abby packs up and takes the best years of KL with her...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2022 11:55 PM

I still love Abby's overkill makeup. As a child I was fascinated how anyone so tiny could wear so much and be so beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2022 3:54 AM

"Harold" is an absolutely terrible name for an '80s prime-time soap character!

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2022 4:06 AM

R11...I know...I think they didn't expect him to stick around.....I always liked Micheal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2022 4:22 AM

Karen was such a Karen!!!

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2022 4:30 AM

Harold....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2022 4:30 AM

Michael shirtless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2022 4:32 AM

Poor Michael! Lost his cherry to that psycho Lar Park bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2022 4:41 AM

Surely you bitches have seen 81-year-old Donna Mills profiled in People on her decision to become a mother at 54.

She looks amazing, although I'm not sure I believe her claim that she's had no cosmetic procedures and that her good looks are the result of "eating it right off the vine."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2022 6:24 PM

Season 11 NOW posted. All complete episodes!!....Neil Patrick Harris (alleged ex bf) Hottie Joseph Gian joins the cast as a cop with a Hot Cop Partner!! Karen has her hands full with the daughter in law from hell who is sleeping with both her sons!! Greg and Paige try to move on from each other...Gary and Val get into a quadrangle with ex marrieds Danny and Amanda!! Dorian Lord comes to Knots Landing!! Paula/Greg/Anne get into a triangle. Linda schemes to turn Michael against Eric!! Paige gets two men who propose. Anne schemes to grab Paiges inheritance. Mack investigates Sumner who schemes against Tom. Danny decides to tell Bobby and Betsy about their real father Gary. Not even a shirtless Harold can make Olivia happy in their marriage. Howard Duff returns as Paul Galveston, Gregs father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2022 2:30 AM

An anonymous DL Fave continues to post compete episodes and seasons of Knots Landing!!! Season 12!!......Halle Berry joins the cast!! Gregs schemer sister Claudia Sumner comes to town. Anne and Claudia plot against each other. Valene has the ex husband from hell who wants to stop Gary and Val from reuniting. Kate, Nick and Jason come to Knots Landing and Tom exits!! Mack meets a teenage boy he wants to know better!! Paige and Greg think their creepy relationship is love!!. Another long lost Sumner relative wants his share of Gregs fortune!! Linda Fairgate meets her maker thanks to one very sexy kinky guy!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2022 4:19 AM

I never watched this show.

[italic]FOURTEEN YEARS ? ?

by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2022 4:36 AM

R20 = This primetime drama was on in EVERY YEAR of the 1980s...I am pretty sure KL and Dallas were the only ones.

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2022 4:40 AM

Well, this seems like the right place to put this. For your inner Donna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2022 4:44 AM

And some commentary:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2022 4:45 AM

God, I could watch that Donna Mills makeup video all damn day!!!

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2022 11:46 PM

I'm feeling inept -- when I do the search, I can't seem to find season 1. Help!

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2022 11:57 PM

R25, the first season playlist is here.

Whoever did all this work is indeed a hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2022 12:05 AM

Thanks a million, R26!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2022 12:10 AM

R25 = Season Two Link.....Click the User and their playlist breaks down season by season...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2022 12:23 AM

Season Four.....J.R. schemes with Abby....When Gary and Val joined the TNT Dallas show I was really hoping Abby wouldn't be far behind and show up at Southfork.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2022 12:34 AM

Clip = For anyone wondering whatever happened to Val and Gary after the show ended....Turns out Gary had more "whoopsies", separated from Val, and fled to Southfork to borrow money from Bobby. Sue Ellen schemed against him (he was on to her falling off the wagon) and Valene shows up to get wimpy Gary and cuss out Sue Ellen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2022 12:39 AM

The link isn’t working for me

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2022 12:42 AM

I love you and your KL mania, OP, but some of your chronology is wrong.

And Val's confrontation with Sue Ellen in the TNT DALLAS made absolutely no sense. Val had never even been that vicious to Abby and she had no history with Sue Ellen. Since that scene was shot shortly after Larry Hagman's death, I think it was intended for him and stupid Cynthia Cidre (the awful show runner) just substituted Sue Ellen for JR.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2022 2:49 PM

R32 = Sue Ellen WAS trying to seduce Gary. It didn't work. So THEN she called VAL to come get Gary.. He clearly told her what Sue Ellen was up to. When Sue Ellen said to Val she didn't want Gary--she had previously made a play for him...I think THAT is where Vals anger came from. Plus Gary indicated to Bobby he was practically broke and he had been at Southfork awhile at that point and said he was too embarassed to ask for a loan (Bobby later gave Gary money)... And Gary didn't say he cheated but it was clear he did something to get Val to throw him out.......FYI = I actually enjoyed Cynthia Cidre. She complained that what killed Dallas TNT was they split seasons and that they ran it during the FALL when it would compete with network premieres. She wasn't wrong. She also brought on Judith Light which who was batzchit amazing...

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2022 10:52 PM

The Knots links don't work! WTF?! I bet YouTube removed the episodes!

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2022 11:20 PM

R34 = Try the links above. For some reason they are posted as UNLISTED--see photo--below the title. I have no idea what that means except maybe you have to be their friend to watch or signed into YT?..For some reason they are not searchable but again maybe you have to be friends with the poster? I am almost thru binge watching season 9...I am loving these episodes.. Whoever posted THANK YOU...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2022 12:14 AM

The problem with the Dallas reboot, is that they had show runners who had no history with the past "Dallas" and ignored history

They should have hired past writers of Dallas to be involved in the reboot, as they had a great template to work with

So the new Dallas, I don't any of those storylines seriously

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2022 12:23 AM

R36 = I respectfully disagree. The HOTNESS of Chrisopher and JonRoss was epic. As for the storylines--they were great and tied to the original show!!....JR hated Pam in the original. And his master plan was to FIND Pam (on Dallas TNT)--the woman he hated all those years. Of all people Pams arch enemy was the one who found her to get revenge on Cliff Barnes and get back Ewing Oil!! That was genius and every part of the original..Pamela convincing Cliff to giver her Katherines Shares of Barnes Global!!!.Elena pregnant after sleeping with THREE men (2 Ewings)..JRs long lost daughter!!...JonRoss teaming up with Judith to stop Sue Ellen and Bobby!!.....All good stuff...LINK = Jon Ross in his underwear!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2022 12:40 AM

R33, vehemently disagree about Cidre. She was awful. She got so much wrong that was easily researched - the Southfork interior (it looked like a cookie-cutter suburban house on the reboot, not a grand manse that would inspire billionaires to fight to the death over it), the show's history (Miss Ellie never checked into a psych ward, as the reboot claimed) and some boneheaded plots: Christopher is seduced by and impregnates his own cousin (we're supposed to be believe he didn't recognize her?); a long-drawn out mystery about Pam that ends in the reveal that she's actually really dead, which only burned fans hoping Victoria Principal might be returning and advanced exactly nothing about the plot.

The worst mistake, however, was turning a story about the Ewings of Dallas into a telenovela about Mexican drug cartels, which had been the premise of an early Cidre drama that failed. She clearly wanted to use DALLAS as a vehicle to revive her prior series and it was obvious. And killing off a legacy character like Christopher Ewing in the final episode was just stupid.

Did the reboot get some things right? Yes. Josh Henderson was a real find and perfect as John Ross - he had Texas charisma to burn. The episode about JR's death and funeral was damn near perfect, and of course, any show with Linda Gray was worth watching.

But as a whole, the DALLAS reboot turned off more longtime fans than it drew, and failed to attract a new audience. That's why it failed.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2022 12:43 AM

The Dallas reboot was even worse than the current Dynasty reboot/remake, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote]The Knots links don't work! WTF?! I bet YouTube removed the episodes!

They will if ppl keep shouting the links from the rooftops.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2022 1:24 AM

R40 = I don't think KL is going to stay up. But then again The Colbys are still up and I didn't see that happening ((LINK))... Have we come to a new place in society where our Corporate Overloads now agree that sharing is caring?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2022 1:50 AM

Just a friendly update for anyone who missed it....ALL seasons of Knots Landing are still up on YT...14 seasons...LINK = Season 14 Episode One. Hot Pierce returns!!...Valene is dead!! Anne is fake pregnant!!! Lauras mother arrives!!..Kate wants old Garys baby!!...Karen is still boring!!!....Before this final season is over Valene, Abby, and Diana all make returns...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 14, 2022 6:47 AM

What's the story on why they killed Sid? It seemed as if they planned for him to recover, then abruptly changed their minds.

by Anonymousreply 43June 14, 2022 1:59 PM

R43, Don Murray wanted off the show. I don't know why.

But overall, it was a good strategic move. Pre-internet, there were no soap spoilers and Sid's death was a grade-A SHOCK! It let viewers know that KNOTS was unpredictable and full of twists and turns.

by Anonymousreply 44June 14, 2022 2:12 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is boring everyone with his epistle’s of Knots episodes. Vee is tone deaf. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 45June 14, 2022 4:44 PM

Don Murray got the notion he was the star of the show and tried to pull a Larry Hagman. He asked for more money or he'd walk. They let him walk. Even had Sid remained, he would have been dead weight by 1983. Karen becoming Tragic Widow Fairgate really added more melodrama to the story and rendered Karen more interesting. In the first two seasons, Karen made me nervous because she was overly animated and loud, sort of like a Norman Lear sitcom character.

Paired with Mack, she made more sense (screwball humor, always solving mysteries together). I didn't really appreciate Karen until I was the approximate age of the character, then I understood the appeal of the character. Except when she's in her pill addiction phase, fuck, she's unbearable and not in the Emmy nomination way. Some of Michele's best work is during the 1988-89 Jill Bennett story; she's in a more supporting role, but it's almost elemental when Karen starts to think Val might be right... I always liked how Mack would narrate ten minutes of flashbacks, some old and some newly created, to explain the mystery being wrapped up. From time to time, Karen would butt in with questions, often as comic relief (but. Mack, what about LILIMAE?) and that was a nice device they kept using.

As a child, as Knots Landing was leaving the air in 1993, I used an online message forum on Prodigy (it was the internet, except it also sort of wasn't) and, along with other Knots fans, interacted with one of the producers. As a kind gesture, he had many of our names added to the series finale (pretty much through ADR looping over the recently completed but not yet aired series finale). I told my parents and siblings and they thought I was making it up, like the fat kid in Goonies was always making up stories. Nevertheless, we stayed up to watch the Knots series finale and I listened closely where Joel had told us to pay attention and my entire doubting family got to hear, rather clearly, my name said as being an expert to consult regarding the security of Gregory Sumner against the evil terrorist Treadwell and his accomplice Abby. I was 13 and dialing with a pencil and it cracks me up that in the Dallas/Knots Landing/Lorimarverse, someone with my name exists as a middle-aged security expert. I'd hate to be on the wrong end of Abby and her business partners.

I've told this story before but I'm high and felt like telling it again, lol.

by Anonymousreply 46June 14, 2022 5:22 PM

Great story, R46!

by Anonymousreply 47June 14, 2022 5:34 PM

Is it just me or did they make Lilimae look older and rougher in her S1 guest spot than they did once she became a regular? Maybe it's the hair. Julie Harris really added much to this show. Except that season where Joshua died and she became annoying as fuck.

Why is Karen dressed like a grandma in S1? Grandma slacks with a belt.

Season 1: so much beige.

by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2022 2:33 PM

R48 = I hated Lillimae.. She murdered Chip and Joshua...And those are just the ones we know about. Not exactly mother of the year either.

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2022 11:29 PM

Lilimae was a nasty old bitch. Couldn’t stand her. I wanted Joshua to throw her off that roof but he fell instead. Darn.

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2022 3:46 PM

Lilimae didn’t kill Chip. She ran him over, but he survived. He died when he saw Ciji lookalike Cathy at Gary’s ranch and ended up impaled on a pitchfork.

Alec Baldwin several years ago interviewed Debbie Reynolds on his podcast right before she died (sidebar- he was doing this Howard Stern schtick with her, describing the ways he wanted to have sex with her-gross).

The subjects of Knots came up and he was very nasty and dismissive of the show, recalling the actresses as a bunch aging divas who were obsessive about not looking old. It wasn’t witty, it was nasty.

When the term “Karen” became popular I thought it originated from this show. Karen was the ultimate frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2022 3:57 PM

Who was Val's father??? Karen's parents? Abby's parents? Were they ever on the show? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2022 9:31 PM

Thx I won’t watch that shit

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2022 9:33 PM

Didn't Debbie Reynolds' brother work behind the scenes at Knots? Possibly in hair and makeup?

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2022 9:38 PM

[quote] The subjects of Knots came up and he was very nasty and dismissive of the show, recalling the actresses as a bunch aging divas who were obsessive about not looking old. It wasn’t witty, it was nasty.

I mean, there is probably some truth to this, but he didn’t need to say so. He was young and gorgeous at the time, so it’s kind of punching down to say that, even when he himself has not aged particularly well.

He was great on the show, so it’s a shame that he did to kick dirt on it.

by Anonymousreply 55July 3, 2022 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!