Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People who kept their dated high school hairstyles

Do you know people like this?

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2021 1:21 AM

I remember living in Ohio about 10 years ago and seeing women (mainly lower middle class/working class) all with variations on the Farrah Fawcett feathered style. It's like they all stepped out of a time machine from 1981.

I'm not sure why that particular style endured so long among a certain class of women, or it was just an Ohio thing, but it was very noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2021 10:32 PM

Like what, you rancid asshole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 25, 2021 10:33 PM

What hair?

Most men over a certain age

by Anonymousreply 3December 25, 2021 10:56 PM

I still have my Simon Le Bon.

by Anonymousreply 4December 25, 2021 11:07 PM

A friend almost had to be forced to stop wearing her hair like this. Bangs partially down and partially poofed. Her overall length was about shoulder-length, though. (Linked photo is shorter than how my friend's hair was.)

To this day, I think she'd go back to this style if she could. Reason: her hair is kind of thin (sparse) all over her head and the bangs give it some fullness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 25, 2021 11:28 PM

I'm in Missouri. I see women still wearing the Kansas City Claw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 25, 2021 11:44 PM

I commend Nancy Pelosi for her flattering hairstyle. Most women her age will just give up and do thise tight, ugly perms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 25, 2021 11:51 PM

A physical therapist named Wendy. Not only does she have a dated haircut, she'll give you a kiss hello every time she sees you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 25, 2021 11:54 PM

Two rules I live by: Never argue with a crazy person OR

People with old school hair styles

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote] I commend Nancy Pelosi for her flattering hairstyle. Most women her age will just give up and do thise tight, ugly perms.

I think the '90s was the last time I saw women wearing perms.

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2021 12:36 AM

Do you not live in assisted living, r10?

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2021 12:51 AM

You tell him, Mamie at R2!

Timeless is not "dated"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2021 12:52 AM

R10, Black women get perms called relaxers all the time you uncultured dolt.

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2021 1:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!