Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Book of Boba Fett

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I can't stop giggling whenever the DRAMATIC TRAILER plays and then they show that ridiculous big eyed weird alien sitting there DRAMATICALLY.

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2022 8:02 AM

I prefer the Journal of Jar Jar Binks.

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2021 11:28 PM

I liked the autobiography of Admiral Ackbar.

by Anonymousreply 2December 25, 2021 11:39 PM

I can't stop laughing at Boba's beer belly.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2021 12:33 AM

Was Boba Fett always such an honorable guy? Favreau sure loves the Cowboy Western in Space theme.

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2021 10:28 AM

I don't get the Boba Fett obsession. He was a very minor character in the original movies.

by Anonymousreply 5December 29, 2021 10:48 AM

[quote]I don't get the Boba Fett obsession. He was a very minor character in the original movies.

The character was created for an animated sequence in the infamous 'Star Wars Holiday Special.' Marketing for the action figures is what ginned up interest in the character; the Boba Fett action figure was originally not for sale, but was obtainable by sending in a certain number of proof-of-purchase seals (I don't recall how many) from other action figure purchases. This made the action figure a very coveted item. 'The Emperor' figure was obtainable the same way.

Boba Fett had an origins storyline in the Prequel Trilogy.

[quote]—And he just flew into a pit. The End.

Well, um, evidently not, since 'The Book of Boba Fett' begins with his escape from the Sarlaac pit. I haven't actually sat down and watched any of it yet, but I know that much about it.

He's also been a prominent character in Season Two of 'The Mandalorian,' so it's been evident, even without 'The Book of Boba Fett', that he survived.

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 10:00 PM

Has anyone watched it yet?

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 10:01 PM

I will, soon, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 10:08 PM

I did. It’s good.

Makes me hate the “disgusting creatures” even more.

The Tuskin Riders are pretty scummy, too. Glad Anakin did what he did.

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 10:13 PM

Oops, Raiders.

☺️☺️☺️

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 10:15 PM

It's absolutely awful. Bad, wooden acting, lousy script, zero character development.. Most importantly, it is booooooooooooooring. This nasty reviewer, definitely a Datalounger, got t right (see link). And, if anything, it has gotten worse since the first episode. A big disappointment, and I am not even a die-hard Star Wars fan..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 4:41 PM

Why does this not generate pointless bitchery on DL? Are you all that numb?

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 8:35 PM

I didn't like it at first, but it gets better. Love the ceremony at the end of episode two. Episode three is heartbreaking (what has happened to the tribe which took Boba Fett in).

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote] Why does this not generate pointless bitchery on DL? Are you all that numb?

We're not your monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 8:43 PM

I think the acting is terrible and the dialog is crinche-worthy. The CGI is ok.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 8:52 PM

R11 That reviewer has to be an DLer, the snark is legendary.

I fully agree with the reviewer, the first episode is pure garbage and I stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 9:21 PM

"Worse than polio." Whoa.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 9:29 PM

He is too old. Boba Fett looks like an oldfart who should be in line at the Mos Eisley Golden Coral.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 10:11 PM

What bugs me is why make Boba Fett such a softie? He gets dicked around by the mayor and his lackey, being such an old, noble knight with honor and grace. Also, the male twin of the Hutt twins using a rodent to wipe off the sweat off his face. Disney wouldn't even allow for showing the Hutt's disgusting eating habits?Then, in episode three, we find out that rancors are gentle creatures, like WTF??? T Do we find out later in the season that the rancor from Return of the Jedi was an incredibly talented saxophone player (but had to give it up in order to earn a living for his wife and three kids) and Jabba the Hut anonymously volunteered in the nearby town's soup kitchen? I know Star Wars is owned by Disney now, but this is just ridiculous. Every scene looks like it leads to a musical dance number or a Disney parade.

The show lacks the goth grittiness of the RotJ movie I loved so very much (the Jabba the Hut on Tattoine part). It's so sunny and shiny.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 10:15 PM

I'm enjoying it very much. When Episode Two took us in depth among the Tuskens, I was very impressed. This is Star Wars, even more so than The Mandalorian.

I'm also enjoying The Peacemaker, but I haven't seen a thread about it yet.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2022 1:44 AM

[quote]Favreau sure loves the Cowboy Western in Space theme.

As much as I love the Mandalorian I wish they'd done something different with Boba Fett. I'm getting really tired of seeing Tatooine.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2022 1:46 AM

Don't call them Tusken Raiders! Your racism is showing. They are the Tusken People and are the indigenous population of Tatooine who have been marginalized by colonizers!

**No, I am not making this up. 21st Century Wokeism has been applied to the fictional Star Wars Universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2022 1:49 AM

R21/R22, have you watched the episodes at all?

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2022 2:12 AM

I've seen the show. First of all, my r22 post was a parody post if you looked at the article. At r21 I was merely stating I am all Tatooined-out. I wish they would show the planets that are populous and "civilized," which we have rarely seen in the Star Wars Universe except for Coruscant. How do the "regular" people in the galaxy live? What do those planets look like? We only see the outpost planets, for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2022 2:15 AM

[quote]I was merely stating I am all Tatooined-out.

We found out some new things about Tatooine, things that might once have been inferred had any of us thought more about it, but are now more explicit. Like the fact that it was once oceanic in its relatively recent past, perhaps in as little distance as separates us from the woolly mammoths, maybe less. There's a tree that only a certain lizard knows how to find. The Tusken have been given some depth as a people.

[quote]I wish they would show the planets that are populous and "civilized," which we have rarely seen in the Star Wars Universe except for Coruscant. How do the "regular" people in the galaxy live?

Give it time. I'd imagine we'll see some other worlds.

Tatooine is 'populous.' As for "civilized," I don't think we've ever really seen that; all of the worlds of Star Wars have had degrees of lawlessness. The galaxy is so diverse, I don't know that there's any such thing as "regular" people.

By "regular," do you mean human white folks?

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2022 2:29 AM

[quote]By "regular," do you mean human white folks?

JFC. You really are something. No, the worlds, like Coruscant, that are what in Earth terms would be functional societies with large populations, cities, etc."Regular" meaning sentient beings who are a cross-section of regular, ordinary people you'd find in any Earth city like London, Paris or New York. Oddly, that side of the Star Wars Universe has never really been seen except for Coruscant. We've only seen the sparsely populated outpost worlds for much of Star Wars' history.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2022 2:40 AM

Tatooine has been done to death. As a friend of mine said "why do they keep going back to that boring fucking desert?" It's time to change it up a little.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2022 2:41 AM

[quote]R26/R27: JFC. You really are something.

Says the guy who posted "Muslims don't belong in Western societies."

Yeah, it's pretty plain where you're trying to go with this.

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2022 2:47 AM

You're insane PoisonedDragon, don't fuck up what could be a good thread.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2022 2:51 AM

Being honest won't fuck up a thread. Did you say it or not?

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2022 2:53 AM

I agree that Temeura Morrison is too old, he looks like a grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2022 2:54 AM

[qutoe]Being honest won't fuck up a thread. Did you say it or not?

Islam and its adherents are the anathema of Western values and Western ways of living so yes they are problematic in Western societies. The strife in Western Europe shows us this. Islam and the West have been in conflict for 1600 years. Only a fool would find this controversial.

But that's not the subject of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2022 2:56 AM

You cannot make your far right Christian white supremacist bullshit sound reasonable.

[quote]But that's not the subject of this thread.

Isn't it? You're bitching about Tatooine, which is evidently too ethnic and Third World for you. You're looking for planets with "a cross-section of regular, ordinary people you'd find in any Earth city like London, Paris or New York" (R26), but evidently not brown people like Muslims, who apparently "don't belong in Western societies." You mean white people.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2022 3:04 AM

^^You are INSANE. Fucking INSANE.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2022 3:06 AM

And you are a far right troll. With socks.

You're insane if you thought you could deploy that far right shit here on the DL without being called out.

As for The Book of Boba Fett, you and your socks are just here to denigrate it.

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2022 3:09 AM

For you, r20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2022 3:52 AM

Morrison should've worked out to get rid of that huge gut before filming began.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2022 5:32 AM

I like this show so far. Of course, it's not like every scene of every episode is perfect, but this is good stuff.

Why did they make Boba so soft? Well, we're about to find out in this series, aren't we?

So far, thematically, everything points in the direction that the cold-hearted, armored bounty hunter had been, in fact, the result of being trapped in the role/expectation/identity of his father. Like the rancor, Boba is an 'emotionally complex' creature, but he stemmed from a lineage of prized fighters and he was traumatized as a child, so fight he did. He became what his father was, that is, the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. When he lost his armor eventually, however, he also lost his identity. With the Tuskens, he finally managed freed himself from his lineage (see vision quest) and became his own person. At least for a time. I think that, now, he is trapped again in this armor, and he'll have to find a way to self-actualize again. In the fight with Black Krrsantan, he didn't use his Mandalorian armor and weapons... they didn't work for him. Instead, he used the gaffi stick. I have the suspicion that the series might end with him discarding his armor completely, after he has finally built the family that he needs.

Never forget that Star Wars is about family and doing better.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2022 6:34 AM

It's not bad, but it does have kind of a "been there, done that" vibe to it. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, maybe it will improve. I really like Ming Na Wen's character.

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2022 6:52 AM

It's interesting that none of the current or upcoming Star Wars series are set in the Skywalker trilogy timeline. They're all set immediately after ROTJ or like Kenobi they're going to be set in the original trilogy timeline. Disney knows the Skywalker trilogy was a giant stinking turd that most people hated, even if they won't publicly admit it.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2022 6:55 AM

I just want The Baby back.

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2022 6:57 AM

Because that trilogy is a joke and no one would watch. THIS is the type of Star Wars people have always wanted. I love this show. I love the twins, especially the male one wiping sweat off his face with the rat! I love Krrsanthan the bounty hunting wookie too! Pelly was walking past with her droids in the last episode too if anyone saw that. I started watching only for potential Mandalorian crossover, but I really like the show itself too. I miss that little green baby.

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2022 7:13 AM

I have always called it Boba Fatt and I don't have time to watch a character who had one line in RotJ.

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2022 7:35 AM

[quote] Never forget that Star Wars is about family and doing better.

I thought it was about merchandising, licensing, and tie-ins.

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2022 9:52 AM

[quote]I thought it was about merchandising, licensing, and tie-ins.

... which is only possible because the stories are able to fascinate their viewers to such a degree that they go out and spend tons of money on the franchise. Essentially, they are space fairy tales that, for some reason, speak to lots of people across generations. I do believe that Star Wars without the simple morality tale and the stuff about family and friendship would be much less successful financially.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2022 10:07 AM

When Boba Fett arrives in the city on his bantha for the first time in the flashback in episode three you can see Amy Sedaris' character, from the Mandalorian, in the background being followed by her robots like little geese following their mother.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2022 10:32 AM

Yes it’s worse than polio, they delayed the Mandalorian to make this crock of shit show. I want my baby and mando back.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2022 1:22 PM

Look no further than next week, at least for Mando. Watch the 4th episode, at the end.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2022 9:36 AM

So that little bit of music at the end? Does the portend a crossover?

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2022 5:35 PM

So far this show is just........okay. Not as good as The Mandalorian. I'll keep watching, though, to see if it picks up.

by Anonymousreply 50January 20, 2022 7:13 AM

I would bet on it r49. Both Pedro and Temura teased a crossover in an podcast they did together a few months ago. It's the whole reason I started watching!

by Anonymousreply 51January 20, 2022 7:49 AM

For those who watched episode 4. Is the show done with the flashbacks? Apparently, Bib Fortuna didn't put up much of a fight (blink, and you will miss his cameo).

by Anonymousreply 52January 20, 2022 8:35 AM

I find myself getting more and more interested as the flashbacks catch up to the present day. It’s a slow burn; hope it pays off.

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2022 9:27 AM

In episode 4, they both complete the flashbacks (Boba is healed and no longer needs the tank) and they catch up to.present day, revisiting when Boba picks up Fennic in Episode 5 of the Mandalorian. I thought it was a pretty good episode and am excited for next week!

by Anonymousreply 54January 20, 2022 3:18 PM

Star Wars Has a Tatooine Problem

Why does an insignificant frontier world continue to play such a large role in the Star Wars mythos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2022 2:26 PM

The show is ok, but lacks a genuine 80s syfy space feel.

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2022 2:33 PM

R56 Why'd anyone give a toss about a nothing character like Boba Fatt. The guy is so revoltingly fat most would rather stick their entire face in Jabba's huge rump than watch this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2022 3:29 PM

I think one of the issues is that the setup from The Mandalorian doesn't pay off in the actual show. Fett walks in, kills everybody, and takes Jabba's old throne. That screams BADASS.

The actual show is a much different beast.

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2022 5:25 PM

Here’s some background that may help explain this show.

After the original trilogy, there were a lot of novelized Star Wars books licensed by Lucasfilm. They started the “Expanded Universe” concept. One of them was a book of short stories, mostly about very minor characters, or newly created side characters. They filled in background on some of the bounty hunters and others on Tatooine and elsewhere. There’s a scene in the original trilogy that shows Darth Vader calling in a bunch of bounty hunters, including Fett, a Trandoshan called Bossk, a human called Dengar, a droid and some others. Vader tells Fett, “No disintegrations,” implying Fett has killed bounties before with no DNA proof of death. Fett sounds disgruntled. He acts like he’s not afraid of a afar, which makes him the only one, basically.

In the novelizations, Fett gets out of the Sarlacc. Using his jet pack, IIRC, after being in there for a while. He’s badly burned and scarred by its digestive acid. He’s found in the desert, unconscious and half dead, and rescued. In the story, he’s rescued by the bounty hunter Dengar and nursed back to health by him and his wife, Manaroo. She’s a dancer at some club. When Fett gets strong enough, he leaves them but is badly scarred for life. In that story, the armor protected after from worse injury. Looks like they altered the story to make it Tuskens instead of bounty hunters, but I think they’re planning to bring Dengar in at some point, so who knows. In this version, Jawas probably stole the armor off Fett after he escaped, but was still unconscious.

They also talk about Trandoshans in one of those stories, explaining that they have a religion that refers to God as The Scorekeeper, and hunters are highly prized in their culture, because defeating enemies increases their score, basically. After Trandoshans die, their hides are tanned and left on the altar of the Scorekeeper as a sign of respect, then their bodies are consumed by the enemy that defeated them. It’s supposed to give strength to the enemy and it’s a tribute of respect to the defeated.

There was a lot of great expositional stuff about the minor characters like that, filling in their cultures.

In The Mandalorian, Din Djarin carries an Amban pulse rifle that disintegrates people. It’s illegal and hard to get. He uses it to disintegrate Jawas. That’s why Vadar was telling Fett “no more disintegrations.” Fett must have had one too.

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2022 6:03 PM

Above at R59, “Fett acts like he’s not afraid of Vader,” not “a far.”Sorry^

Anyway, there’s a lot of expositional stuff in the Expanded Universe. Filoni and Favreau seem to be picking and choosing the stuff they like. They’re not obligated to use it, but they know the fans know it and there are some good ideas.

Other EU stores are about Rogue Squadron (pilots who blew up the Death Star), Wraith Squadron, washout pilots, like the Dirty Dozen, recruited as Special Forces, and led by Wedge Antilles, Luke’s pilot friend from Rogue Squadron and the Death Star run. There’s a bunch more. There’s a huge amount of material they can pick and choose from. If you’ve seen the OriginalTrilogy, that’s the tip of the iceberg.

They're also mining characters from The Clone Wars, like Ashoka Tano from The Mandalorian. She was on Clone Wars for years. Her basic story is, kid taken on as a padawan by young Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. They’re like brother and sister, very close, and then he turns. She resigns from the Jedi during that storyline, accused falsely of murder. The Jedi throw her out, turns out she was innocent, but she is offended and refuses to go back. That’s probably why she’s still alive. She’s long gone by Order 66.

The young, cheerful, bouncy kid in the Clone Wars turns into the way too grim, quiet warrior in The Mandalorian. When she refuses to train Grogu, it’s not surprising. Remember when she tells Djarin, it’s not good for Grogu to get attached, it leads to the Dark Side? That’s not absolutely true, she was told that by the old Jedi order as a kid, but she’s also traumatized because she knows Anakin turned because of his attachment to Padme. She was his best friend, she knows everything that really happened. They’re telegraphing that she would be unfit to train Grogu, always afraid he’d turn, because of what happened to Anakin. That’s why she handed him off to any random Jedi that would answer the call from the Seeing Stone. There’s no evidence she knows who Luke is. That’s the likely storyline for the Ashoka series, her reconciling her Jedi training with the idea that Grogu and other padawans can have a family and not flip out.

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2022 6:21 PM

Continued bewilderment over the Boba Fett cult.

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2022 9:01 PM

[quote]I don't get the Boba Fett obsession. He was a very minor character in the original movies.

Yes, but keep in mind that he's not white. Anyone but white characters front and center.

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2022 10:36 PM

Oh shut up r62

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2022 10:37 PM

[quote] By "regular," do you mean human white folks?

WTF??

The "Ignore" function is such a blessing...

by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2022 10:40 PM

Why would they turn their back in a cash cow like Mandalorian for this crap?

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2022 10:42 PM

^ on a cash cow

by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2022 10:42 PM

The Mandalorian is a huge hit, wildly popular and the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the original trilogy and the lead actor Pedro Pascal is Latino so r62 can fuck off. His opinion is clearly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2022 10:43 PM

[quote]Why would they turn their back in a cash cow like Mandalorian for this crap?

Virtue signalling.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2022 5:55 AM

The Mandalorian isn't cancelled, geniuses.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2022 6:23 AM

I watch it for Ming-Na Wen. I endured years of Agents of SHIELD for her. She's great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2022 6:28 AM

I know Mandalorian isn’t cancelled but it’s delayed which is a publicity kiss of death. Who does that??

by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2022 11:45 AM

I hope the time is wisely used to come up with a great story for The Mandalorian.

by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2022 11:47 AM

I'm assuming that the next season of Mando is going to be built around Bo-Katan and the Dark Saber. It should be fairly epic, if it is.

by Anonymousreply 73January 22, 2022 12:05 PM

Din Djarin is coming back in Boba Fett, probably in Wednesday's episode. So some Mandalorian crossover to tie us over while they finish filming season 3. The Mandalorian theme music closed out the last episode as they discussed "hired muscle". I am looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 74January 22, 2022 2:11 PM

The most recent episode has been the best episode of the show so far.

by Anonymousreply 75January 22, 2022 2:29 PM

My partner forced me to watch episodes 2-4 and they were not as bad as polio.

I’m still not happy that my Mandalorian was delayed for this shit or any other new series because I know they will never be as good.

by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2022 4:10 PM

R73, why would you want a storyline to be built around Bo-Karen Kryze? Who’s paying for Disney Plus so they can watch an enraged, wild-eyed Karen demand that Din Djarin hand over his Darksaber, because “it’s not fair” for him to have won it fairly, because “it belongs to her,” (spoiler: it doesn’t), along with her permanently PMS-ing, permanently scowling sidekick, Koska Reeves?

Watching that kind of petulant, whiny, entitled bitchiness for an entire show would make me jump screaming out of a window to get away from it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2022 4:39 PM

Why would you geniuses think the Mandalorian is delayed because of Boba Fett? Its star is in high demand, we have a pandemic going on and...oh yeah, it's filming right now to air this year.

by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2022 4:45 PM

[quote] Why would you geniuses think the Mandalorian is delayed because of Boba Fett?

Don't mind them. They are just a buch of Veruca Salts who want things their way and it better happens now or else.

by Anonymousreply 79January 22, 2022 5:58 PM

Because they specifically stated it was going to be delayed to put this show out first.

by Anonymousreply 80January 22, 2022 8:14 PM

I think that they're building towards a big event with all these series, probably a re-imagining of the old Thrawn trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command).

I could imagine that Boba Fett, the crime lord, might play a similar role as Talon Karrde in the Thrawn trilogy. This might be the reason why they had to set up the changes in the galactic underworld now before they continued the story in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, etc.

by Anonymousreply 81January 22, 2022 8:28 PM

R78, Disney released a schedule that showed the order of the shows they’re planning to release in the next year. Kenobi, Ashoka and some others. Basically, each show goes for so many episodes and it looks like they’re planning no overlap, so if you make a schedule based on this, The Mandalorian ends up in December or more likely, early 2023. It looks like these shows have to be released in a certain order to make sense.

by Anonymousreply 82January 23, 2022 5:47 AM

I imagine Disney is taking a "The Avengers" approach where they plan on forming a team of Star Wars heroes or misfits.

God help us all.

by Anonymousreply 83January 23, 2022 5:52 AM

They won't go past December for Mandalorian. Boba Fett wasn't on the original schedule either it was a surprise reveal.

by Anonymousreply 84January 23, 2022 6:01 AM

My apologies. May God help us all.

by Anonymousreply 85January 23, 2022 6:02 AM

It's so PC the. way they have him constantly asking advice of the side kick or being rescued by her. BF was a loner, he was a killer and he was amoral. This is not him now. And on a physical level, Morrison doesn't move, act or look like the character from the films. The armour doesn't even sit on him right. Yes he is fat but he's also not shaped right beyond that. He isn't great in the role either.

by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2022 6:03 AM

I think they wanted someone completely different from Pedro Pascal (who could've been a convincing Boba Fett). Ticking off demographic boxes?

by Anonymousreply 87January 23, 2022 6:05 AM

Sorry, Checking off demographic boxes

by Anonymousreply 88January 23, 2022 6:06 AM

It's the same actor who's been playing Fett since 2002 so fuck off with the "checking boxes" garbage.

by Anonymousreply 89January 23, 2022 9:24 AM

Is Boba supposed to be morbidly obese? Stop showing him shirtless. No one needs to see Boba's boobies.

by Anonymousreply 90January 23, 2022 3:59 PM

Boba Fatt.

Or, in terms of his delivery..... Boba Flatt.

by Anonymousreply 91January 25, 2022 3:53 AM

[quote]so they can watch an enraged, wild-eyed Karen demand that Din Djarin hand over his Darksaber, because “it’s not fair” for him to have won it fairly, because “it belongs to her,”

R77, Mandalorian tradition demands that Bo Katan kill him for it, which is the only way it can be won. That generates a certain amount of dramatic interest, despite your attempts to misogyny the character out of any kind of legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 92January 26, 2022 2:43 AM

Temeura Morrison really should've gone on a diet prior to filming.

by Anonymousreply 93January 26, 2022 2:50 AM

Temuera Morrison is 61 years old. As a troll talking point, you/R93/socks should really give his shape a rest.

by Anonymousreply 94January 26, 2022 2:54 AM

So he had a clone kid in the Attack of the Clones movie - and then he's supposedly thrown into the monstrous mouth creature in Jedi and consumed over a thousand years. I assume this series does not involve any foreshadowing re: digestive issues. I like how they had Solo kill him - at least as I recall.

by Anonymousreply 95January 26, 2022 3:00 AM

They weren't clear on how long he was in the Sarlacc's gut.

by Anonymousreply 96January 26, 2022 3:08 AM

r94 you're not the dictator of this thread. We'll talk about whatever we want to talk about. Morrison looks old and FAT.

by Anonymousreply 97January 26, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote]So he had a clone kid in the Attack of the Clones movie - and then he's supposedly thrown into the monstrous mouth creature in Jedi and consumed over a thousand years.

R95, Boba Fett 𝑖𝑠 "the clone kid" from 'Attack of the Clones' - his 'donor' was Jango Fett. The anticipated time of digestion was supposed to have been "a thousand years" - but like so many things Jabba anticipated, that did not really come off. Boba was in the Sarlacc only a short time - maybe a few hours - before his own suit ran out of oxygen, and he had to supplement his own supply with that of an ill-fated Stormtrooper. So he escaped from the Pit of Carkoon maybe a day or so later - digging through the sand outside of the Sarlacc's gut would have taken at least that long.

But he then spent perhaps three years in the company of the Tuskens.

[quote]R97: We'll talk...

And there's that "we" shit so often employed by trollsocks. :D

by Anonymousreply 98January 26, 2022 3:22 AM

I only have one account.

by Anonymousreply 99January 26, 2022 3:37 AM

^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 26, 2022 3:58 AM

I like his dad bod.

by Anonymousreply 101January 26, 2022 5:28 AM

Me too r101.

by Anonymousreply 102January 26, 2022 6:05 AM

All I can say is Holy Fucking Shit!

by Anonymousreply 103January 26, 2022 8:48 AM

That episode felt like exposition filler hell with gratuitous prequel fan service.

by Anonymousreply 104January 26, 2022 9:02 AM

Mando and the dark saber in this episode, this is the way.

by Anonymousreply 105January 26, 2022 11:58 AM

Love the latest episode. There's something oddly soothing about the sequence when Boba and Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris) and her comic relief droids build that N1 starfighter. Now I get why some guys are into building that sort of thing (cars and such).

Peli: Oh! It's got me! It's chewing!

by Anonymousreply 106January 26, 2022 12:13 PM

It's getting better.

by Anonymousreply 107January 26, 2022 2:26 PM

"No weapons." "I’m a Mandalorian. It’s part of my religion."

Who knew Mando was a Deplorable?

by Anonymousreply 108January 26, 2022 2:40 PM

Idiot r108

by Anonymousreply 109January 27, 2022 9:47 PM

The book of Bobby’s feet.

by Anonymousreply 110January 27, 2022 9:49 PM

Episode five is the best episode so far. Mostly because it isn’t about Boba Fart.

by Anonymousreply 111January 28, 2022 5:52 AM

R111 Unfortunately, it’s about the Mandalorian getting a speeding ticket in space. And waving at Baby Greedo. Just awful.

This series is just more fill-in-the-blanks fan-fic IP-farming bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 112January 28, 2022 7:19 AM

Agreed. The speeding ticket was fucking lame. I loved the episode though. I'd never watch any series specifically about Boba Fatt.

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2022 7:38 AM

Jesus, 109, it was a joke.

I loved the episode, best of the series so far. Let’s hope it’s a harbinger of things to come. But I’m not sure what it says when the best episode of The Book Of Boba Fett doesn’t feature Boba Fett.

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2022 9:15 AM

There are rumors that when Mando goes to see Baby Grogu, we will finally see Luke and Han Solo together.

by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2022 10:26 AM

Why is Carla from Cheers in this series ? Cross over?

by Anonymousreply 116January 28, 2022 11:40 AM

Amy Sedaris has more character and wit and heart in this series than the entire Sequel trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 117January 28, 2022 12:39 PM

Boba suffers from Batman/Spiderman syndrome. What makes him cool is his helmet, stop taking it off.

by Anonymousreply 118January 28, 2022 12:43 PM

Carla from Cheers actually *is* in The Bad Batch, the one truly bad recent Star Wars series.

by Anonymousreply 119January 28, 2022 3:27 PM

I used to love Star Wars…well, the original trilogy. I’m so bored now. I couldn’t get through more than an episode of the Mandalorian and I genuinely don’t know what the point of another series is. How did SW get so boring?

by Anonymousreply 120January 28, 2022 3:38 PM

You have to go further in than episode one to get the Mandalorian.

by Anonymousreply 121January 28, 2022 4:01 PM

Manado is the best dad in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 122January 29, 2022 2:21 AM

Mando

by Anonymousreply 123January 29, 2022 2:26 AM

I'm still a bit surprised how much of the Mandalarorian was in the latest episode. I thought it would just be some brief cameo (Boba: hey, are you interested to work for me? / The Mandalorian: Nah, have my own shit to deal with right now). Not complaining, though.

by Anonymousreply 124January 29, 2022 3:39 PM

I haven't watched any Book of Boba Fatt episodes but once I heard Mando was in the entire episode it was the bee's knees. They are setting up season three of The Mandalorian, it's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 125January 29, 2022 3:46 PM

Well, after reading this thread I'm disappointed. I thought season 3 of The Mando was gonna be released in a couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 126January 29, 2022 4:00 PM

They are still filming season 3 of Mando. R126. I started watching BOBF because a few months back Pedro and Temura did an interview together where a possible crossover was teased. It was more than I ever expected and did not disappoint! I was literally screaming! We may have a wait until the editing on season 3 is done so having this update has been really exciting and a huge surprise.

by Anonymousreply 127January 29, 2022 4:30 PM

R121 is it worth persevering with the Mandalorian?

by Anonymousreply 128January 29, 2022 9:11 PM

The Mandalorian is a very entertaining show, you should try a few more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 129January 29, 2022 9:16 PM

Absolutely r128. It is very well worth it!

by Anonymousreply 130January 29, 2022 9:31 PM

The Mandalorian is excellent. The last episode of Season 2 will make you teary-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 131January 29, 2022 9:43 PM

This is the nerdiest thread in the house.

by Anonymousreply 132January 30, 2022 1:47 AM

Try it r132. There's a reason so many people are geeking out on Star Wars again. This show has so much to enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 133January 30, 2022 4:16 AM

You’re 100% spot-on, R120.

It’s boring because it’s all the equivalent of filling out a Wikipedia entry, rather than constructing a coherent narrative with actual stakes. It’s pandering to the fan-fic fetishization of backstory, rather than creating anything new and telling new stories.

by Anonymousreply 134January 30, 2022 8:56 AM

[quote] It’s pandering to the fan-fic fetishization of backstory, rather than creating anything new and telling new stories.

If you like new, you will LOVE the Disney Star Wars themed hotel!

by Anonymousreply 135January 30, 2022 9:00 AM

Any of you cunts seen today's episode? Mega fan service.

by Anonymousreply 136February 2, 2022 1:15 PM

Boba Fett has always been fuckable. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 137February 2, 2022 1:23 PM

Holy fuck! Well that was a big heaping plateful of everything I ever wanted!!!

by Anonymousreply 138February 2, 2022 3:32 PM

And again, Boba is minimized in the TV show named for him. One scene, no dialogue. Keep it up!

by Anonymousreply 139February 2, 2022 5:44 PM

Loved this episode but is that really the end of Jennifer Beals' character? Come on! And with all that de-aging technology, maybe actresses can stop fucking with their face. Mark Hamill looked better than he did in the movies. Hell, Disney. . .do me next!

by Anonymousreply 140February 2, 2022 5:46 PM

Loved the fifth episode. Especially loved that Emily Swallow was back. Love her voice.

So what was that gigantic ring thing? Is it a ship? Seems dangerous.

I’m liking the whole series so far.

by Anonymousreply 141February 2, 2022 6:03 PM

Yes, sorry R92. Ach Gott!

by Anonymousreply 142February 2, 2022 6:11 PM

R141 That "ring thing" no doubt could fit in your nasty snatch.

by Anonymousreply 143February 2, 2022 8:03 PM

I want Timothy Olyphant inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 144February 2, 2022 8:10 PM

I realized for the first time just how GAY Luke's all-black Jedi outfit looks.

by Anonymousreply 145February 2, 2022 8:44 PM

Enough already with that gross Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 146February 2, 2022 9:37 PM

Tim Olyphant is a manorexic. He looks like he weighs about 100 lbs wet.

by Anonymousreply 147February 2, 2022 10:46 PM

Finally we get to see baby yoda. I think he is going to choose the armor.

by Anonymousreply 148February 3, 2022 1:59 AM

Someone feed Timothy!

by Anonymousreply 149February 3, 2022 2:08 AM

Timmy IS looking a tad too thin these days. I think an intervention may be needed.

by Anonymousreply 150February 3, 2022 2:35 AM

The deputy of Freedom Town was hot.

by Anonymousreply 151February 3, 2022 8:25 AM

I think he chooses the lightsaber r148 and it is just a test, so he gets the armor too.

by Anonymousreply 152February 3, 2022 9:22 AM

That's best Mark Hamill has ever looked to me.

I think they should use that to de-age actors, yes. They can still act with their faces and be understood- enough with the barbaric looking fillers, meatfaces.

by Anonymousreply 153February 3, 2022 9:30 AM

Boba Fett has been boring since George Lucas fucked up his origin in the prequels. Baby Boba with daddy, Jango, was so ridiculous. Then dubbing over the original voice actor with that horrible Kiwi accent further ruined him.

by Anonymousreply 154February 3, 2022 12:23 PM

[quote] The deputy of Freedom Town was hot.

J.J Dashnaw, stunt man, actor and stud! On to hunting down his every appearance on-screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 4, 2022 2:20 AM

Yeah the deputy was hot. It was a pity that dickhead alien shot him so soon after he made his debut.

by Anonymousreply 156February 6, 2022 9:08 AM

Someone needs to sneak that a copy of that CGI program used for Luke to a porn studio. I want to see (a younger) Mark Hamill taking a 12" cock and getting spitroasted.

by Anonymousreply 157February 6, 2022 9:26 AM

Preferably by a '70s era Harrison Ford.

by Anonymousreply 158February 6, 2022 9:43 AM

I agree with both r157/158. How can we make this happen?

by Anonymousreply 159February 6, 2022 4:09 PM

R159.

by Anonymousreply 160February 7, 2022 3:02 AM

What, r160?

by Anonymousreply 161February 7, 2022 3:30 AM

R161

by Anonymousreply 162February 7, 2022 6:38 AM

Lots of people pissed off about Luke being out of character in this episode. Too severe.

by Anonymousreply 163February 7, 2022 2:34 PM

As a giant Star Wars fan myself, I have to say that a significant portion of the fandom is toxic and consists of brain dead, egocentric, untalented know-alls. These people wouldn't know what is good if it shit them on the head.

If there's one person who has a truly good insight into this setting how Lucas envisioned it, it's Filoni. (Favreau has an intuitive understanding of what older fans want based on his own nostalgia, but he doesn't get Star Wars as much from the perspective of myth-crafting and symbolism.)

by Anonymousreply 164February 7, 2022 2:51 PM

On second thought, the argument really annoys me. It's so representative of today's mindset... feelings trump everything, they are more important than effort, training, and skill/knowledge.

"He shouldn't be so severe to cute little baby Yoda!" UwU

Why? Who says that Jedi training should be easy and considerate of how the pupil feels all the time? Was Yoda easy on Luke in TESB? If you don't train Force-users correctly, they'll turn into mass-murdering psychopaths eventually, for fuck's sake! So, you better make sure that they get a good training and pay attention to what is taught!

by Anonymousreply 165February 7, 2022 3:06 PM

Given the new installments, we know Luke didn't have much luck with his apprentices (though he did teach Leia the Jedi way). And I'm curious to know how aggro puberty teen Grogu would handle Luke (just as bad as Kylo Ren?). But I guess he'll rather go with the Mandalorian to keep the franchise going.

by Anonymousreply 166February 7, 2022 3:29 PM

The complaints are that the characterization of Luke is different from the original trilogy, and it's true. There's a joylessness to him. None of the spunk and charisma Hamill brought to the role.

by Anonymousreply 167February 7, 2022 6:42 PM

Well, I’m not sure how much "joy" they were gonna get from a CGI face on a stunt body delivering a hugely processed voice made to sound about an octave higher than the actor's current voice.

by Anonymousreply 168February 7, 2022 6:57 PM

They could've snuck it in there r168. It was such a stilted CGI, it could've been improved. Nothing of Hamill's charm or charisma came through.

by Anonymousreply 169February 7, 2022 7:00 PM

The sequel trilogy should be officially eliminated from canon. Then they can actually do something with Luke. Until then, nada.

by Anonymousreply 170February 7, 2022 7:27 PM

I agree about the POS Skywalker Trilogy. Let's just pretend it never happened. I, like most people, hated what they did with the original characters. And bringing Palpatine back was such lazy, hacky storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 171February 7, 2022 7:38 PM

I love Star Wars and I always will, but I've checked out on discourse because the fandom is so toxic. Hell, every few weeks, Last Jedi trends on Twitter because freaks keep whining about it. The sequel trilogy was a mess, but MOVE. THE FUCK. ON.

I like what I like, hate what I hate, and live my life.

by Anonymousreply 172February 8, 2022 4:29 AM

R172 Anything produced by that cunt Kathy has been a disaster but the fact is Lucas installed her so he is ultimately to blame for the crap that she has made at Disney.

by Anonymousreply 173February 8, 2022 4:40 AM

[quote]The complaints are that the characterization of Luke is different from the original trilogy, and it's true. There's a joylessness to him. None of the spunk and charisma Hamill brought to the role.

That's because he's lost his father, aunt and uncle, friends, and two mentors. He's growing up. It would've been ridiculous to have him go on unaffected by all that's happened. He's on the path of becoming an ascetic.

by Anonymousreply 174February 8, 2022 5:06 AM

Not unaffected, obviously he would be. But even in ROTJ Hamill had some humor to him. Luke wasn't permantently depressive.

by Anonymousreply 175February 8, 2022 5:10 AM

r175, where was the humor in Luke Skywalker in ROTJ? He was gloomy from the start when he shows up at Jabba's palace. Then he says goodbye to his old mentor, Yoda. After that he tells Leia that she's his sister, and then he faces his dad who brings him to the Emporer.

To me Hamill's Luke lost his humor in The Empire Strikes Back. After Darth Vader told him that he's his father and lost his hand.

by Anonymousreply 176February 8, 2022 7:32 AM

He;s gloomy because he lost his masturbation hand. Choking his chicken ain't the same with a robot hand.

by Anonymousreply 177February 8, 2022 4:55 PM

I was surprised to read that Hamill wasn’t involved at all. That wasn’t even his voice. Jesus, it’s almost frightening what they can do. Rewatching it this morning, about half the shots look video game-y, but the other half are eerily realistic.

My brother had an interesting take on the whole series. He saw it less as a series about Boba Fett but more as an extension of The Mandalorian. He likened it to the New Testament; the various Books followed this character or that and filled us in on their individual stories, but in the end, it all came back to telling the bigger story of Jesus. I seriously doubt that’s what Filoni and Favreau aimed to do here, but it’s kind of what they ended up doing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 178February 8, 2022 5:47 PM

Not even his voice??

Damn.

He recently showed that he was on his way somewhere to work. Private jet with his puppy dogs, wife and daughter.

Yes, I like that thought, R178, your bro may be on to something. It’s all part of the bigger picture. Maybe the powers that be saw Bobby Fett couldn’t sustain 6 episodes all on his own. It got people to watch if they hadn’t been before. I was losing interest but I saw they brought in the Mandalore and I continued to watch.

by Anonymousreply 179February 8, 2022 7:52 PM

This is why you never trust the morons on DL on any subject. Mark Hamill was very much involved and his voice was used. He is a voice actor, idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 8, 2022 10:40 PM

Sorry, I passed on bad info. This is the article I (mis)read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 8, 2022 10:50 PM

Now that I’ve seen the video you’ve linked, r180…. Um, you do know that’s from season two of The Mandalorian and not Book Of Boba Fett, right?

by Anonymousreply 182February 8, 2022 10:56 PM

r180 Mark Hamill did the voiceover for the season finale of The Mandalorian, not the recent Boba Fett episode.

by Anonymousreply 183February 8, 2022 11:26 PM

I looked it up. They used a program with Mark Hamill's original voice from way back in 1983 or whatever. Sounds like they didn't need him for the voice work but it is still his voice. I didn't think his voice sounded weird or anything but then again Luke isn't my GOD the way he is for some of these crying nerds. Luke as their white savior. How lame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 8, 2022 11:51 PM

"White Savior?" I think you project too much. Luke Skywalker is one of the most famous characters in film history. People have known him their whole lives. They don't like it when an icon is fucked with. This was also the complaint about Luke in the sequel trilogy. He was very out of character.

by Anonymousreply 185February 9, 2022 12:31 AM

R185 exhibit A of insane fanboys

by Anonymousreply 186February 9, 2022 12:33 AM

Be honest. He is their white GOD. Ain't nobody get to fuck with their white savior. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 187February 9, 2022 12:34 AM

Luke Skywalker is just a beloved character and fans hate to see him fucked with. The same as any other pop culture character.

by Anonymousreply 188February 9, 2022 12:51 AM

[quote]He;s gloomy because he lost his masturbation hand. Choking his chicken ain't the same with a robot hand.

On the plus side, he always feels he's getting a handjob from someone else.

by Anonymousreply 189February 9, 2022 1:35 AM

Great episode. Action packed from start to finish. Very satisfying. And I just found out it was the season finale!

by Anonymousreply 190February 9, 2022 10:53 AM

Was it just my imagination or did Baby Yoda have his nails done? They looked very shiny and red.

by Anonymousreply 191February 9, 2022 1:10 PM

And who were those people in the post-credits bacta tank scene? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 192February 9, 2022 1:13 PM

R192. Cobb Vanth in bacta tank and black guy is body reconstructor/modifier.

by Anonymousreply 193February 9, 2022 1:16 PM

Ah, thanks, r193! I didn’t recognize Vanth.

by Anonymousreply 194February 9, 2022 1:21 PM

r192, the guy in the tank is the sheriff of Freedomtown (Tim Olyphant) and the guy was the mod doctor about to modify him.

by Anonymousreply 195February 9, 2022 1:22 PM

All in all, the show was better than 90% of what you find on broadcast television, but not as good as The Mandalorian.

I think it showed that some characters, such as Boba Fett, make better supporting characters. I think the characters around him - Fennec, Cobb Vanth, Din make for better leads.

Onward and upward to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

by Anonymousreply 196February 9, 2022 3:09 PM

Ultimately, the show seemed to be a payoff of the Boba Fett/Cad Bane episodes from Clone Wars; Boba's rebellion from Bane's "every man for himself" teachings. Having the whole series climax in a battle between the two paid off if you watched Clone Wars. Otherwise, Cad Bane was just a cool-looking baddie who you saw for all of two minutes.

For that matter, the whole series must have been a giant shrug; why were we watching a show about this supposedly bad-ass bounty hunter who doesn't want to be a bad-ass bounty hunter any more? For me, it's the Clone Wars stuff that gave it all context, not the movies. Of course the Mandalorian stuff was cool.

by Anonymousreply 197February 9, 2022 6:44 PM

Show of hands - who blew off this whole series until the baby showed up?

by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2022 12:38 AM

Seven episodes and two were not even about Boba Fett himself. Someone must've known that an entire season with Boba Fett as only lead would not be received well.

by Anonymousreply 199February 10, 2022 6:29 AM

Not me r198. I knew there was going to be crossover as it was teased in an interview with Pedro and Temura, so I started watching as soon as it came out. I liked it even before the Mando content, which was really well done.

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2022 12:13 PM

These two gay guys are funny. The jolly bear and the wanna be sexy nerd. Both with serious gayface,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 10, 2022 8:33 PM

Just watched the episode. Man, eveything a nerd could ask for. Surely most nerds are jizzing in their pants over this episode. Boba redeemed himself by riding a frickin Rancor to save the day. Jesus. Some of these nerds are crying non-stop over this. It's hilarious. Get a life, girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 11, 2022 2:06 AM

I'm not a Star Wars fan. Is this like Jabba the Hut?

by Anonymousreply 203February 11, 2022 2:35 AM

Amy Sedaris was the best part of the episode for me, followed by the nod to King Kong when the rancor thing climbed the tower. But Boba Fett is no headliner. If not for Mando and Grogu ("Thats a lousy name!"), this season would have been a dud.

by Anonymousreply 204February 11, 2022 2:53 AM

Amy is hilarious! They're using her more and I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 205February 11, 2022 3:32 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 206February 11, 2022 3:55 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 207February 11, 2022 3:56 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 208February 11, 2022 3:56 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 209February 11, 2022 3:57 AM

In line with what r209 said, I would love to see an R-rated Star Wars show but of course with Disney that's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 210February 11, 2022 4:13 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 211February 11, 2022 4:15 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 212February 11, 2022 4:16 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 213February 11, 2022 4:16 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 214February 11, 2022 4:18 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 215February 11, 2022 4:18 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 216February 11, 2022 4:19 AM

Oh, Christ. The Revenge of the Star Wars Nerds have arrived.

Begone!

by Anonymousreply 217February 11, 2022 4:29 AM

I'm not a SW nerd but I'm hugely happy with what they have done with The Mandalorian and the last three episodes of Boba Fett. They are setting up other shows and world building. After the horrible Mary Sue sequels which had not even one good character to care about, the Mandalorians are all cool and have heart. And everyone is in love with Baby Yoda.

by Anonymousreply 218February 11, 2022 4:41 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 219February 11, 2022 4:42 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 220February 11, 2022 4:43 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 221February 11, 2022 4:45 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 222February 11, 2022 4:45 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 223February 11, 2022 4:46 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 224February 11, 2022 4:47 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 225February 11, 2022 4:51 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 226February 11, 2022 4:52 AM

Get serious. Kennedy killed SW. Now it is just a post-SW throw everything at the fans and see what sticks. Even in Obiwan Kenobi, they are having Darth Vader meet him again when in the original SW it was clear Obiwan was just a hermit who did nothing for twenty years. They rewrite the histories with every new show but who fucking cares.

by Anonymousreply 227February 11, 2022 4:55 AM

They went full frau with the cutesy baby Grogu. It’s too family oriented and safe for my taste, but both series were we done. As someone who saw Star Wars in the theater when it came out, I think I’ve had my fill. I’m kind of over SW and superhero series. They are great, but it’s just overkill at this point. Hopefully new generations are inspired to watch the original three films, although they will never have the impact they did in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 228February 11, 2022 5:12 AM

The atrocious Skywalker Trilogy should just be removed from canon and just treated like a bad dream, like that whole season on Dallas. Interesting that there are no current or planned tv series set in that timeline, even Disney knows that trilogy was a giant turd even if they won't publicly admit it.

by Anonymousreply 229February 11, 2022 5:29 AM

Boba Fett was the shittiest character on his own fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 230February 11, 2022 5:37 AM

I don’t get how his in armor character looks like he weighs about 175, but the actor looks like he weighs 250.

by Anonymousreply 231February 11, 2022 7:52 PM

I enjoyed the season, but somebody needs to feed Timothy Olyphant a ham sandwich. He looked scrawny in his episodes. Is he starving himself for some upcoming project?

by Anonymousreply 232February 11, 2022 8:43 PM

R232 Yes, others have pointed that out in this thread. He looks about 120 lbs soaking wet. He needs a couple stone at least for a former semi-pro swimmer.

by Anonymousreply 233February 11, 2022 9:05 PM

I'm excited to see what they do with the Marshall next.

by Anonymousreply 234February 11, 2022 11:07 PM

[quote]He shouldn't be wearing black and a glove anymore. He defeated the dark side.

R214, did he? To overcome Darth Vader, he gave into the Dark Side. Deciding at that point that the risk was over with, he was damn near smoked by the Emperor, but for Vader's intervention. And it's been said that he who kills a Sith, becomes a Sith (only one clear exception to that rule, and that was Obi-Wan, who killed Darth Maul - twice).

Luke will always need the glove - he's got a mechanical hand.

by Anonymousreply 235February 12, 2022 4:31 AM

I already miss the bebe!

by Anonymousreply 236February 20, 2022 9:45 AM

I love it! I just binged the final season of SC. It was horrible and unfunny. O'Hara calling it bebe might be the only good thing. I had to fast forward half the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 237February 20, 2022 1:15 PM

R119 I haven’t checked out THE BAD BATCH (or any of the other SW content post-2014), and I refuse to watch it on principle since learning that it was the replacement show for what would have been the completed extended seventh season of the superior CLONE WARS. Still salty about it and shall remain so.

by Anonymousreply 238March 20, 2022 12:01 AM

When I first saw the Mandalorian, I thought oh wow, that looks like Ming-Na Wen, but it can’t possibly be her since she looks almost the same as she did 30 yrs ago on ER!

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2022 8:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!